Annus Mirabilis - Review Topic

Sumiki

Maldro…I like it. And I think I know what you're getting at with the similarity thing. Might PM you to make sure.But anyway, I do like the backstory of the new Toa, although it might have been better to slowly reveal the story while they were still somewhat on the move. There needs to be a balance between movement and stationary-ness. Still, I do like the slowdown.Also, I don't think it's THAT many PMs :P

Edited by Paleo

I've never thought of all the Toa as having a 100% strict moral code. It's kind of a pesky situation, but they couldn't just sit around and let the tribute Matoran die when it became obvious that he was going to. Sure, they beat the daylights out of a few Matoran, but it saved a life (temporarily). It would have been different if the Toa actually did kill some of the cultists, but that would have been worse.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oh and Paleo, can you give details as to how Maldro's weapons work?
Maldro wields two frisbees. He has no kinetic control over them, just throws them and retrieves them eventually.Love the new chapter. The balance between stationary parts and action parts is PERFECT, and I love the "prophecy". Plus, the pun was great :P. Also, I found it a little confusing that they couldn't see with the fire put out, but then I understood it was nighttime. Would've been nice to state that beforehand though. Edited by Paleo

I found it a little confusing that they couldn't see with the fire put out, but then I understood it was nighttime. Would've been nice to state that beforehand though.
There was, predictably, no response from the dusky sky.
Edited by Sumiki

Still, it could've been a little clearer. Maybe talking about shadows or the orange light?
I could probably have done that, but I didn't want it to come off as an unnecessary detail. Plus, I didn't think bonfires were lit during the daytime very often.Also: another new chapter, two days in a row! (I'm on a roll now.) Plot threads continue, but look for some old ones to get tied in with the next few chapters.

This one is great. I definitely got a concrete picture of the village, and the Matoran frozen in time is a nice twist. I really like my "joke" too :P. However, it would be nice to have more scenes featuring the mysterious controller, as opposed to more and more strange occurrences.