My Little Ninja: Friendship Is Spinjitzu

Aanchir

These are my drawings of the characters from the hit TV show "My Little Ninja: Friendship is Spinjitzu"!In all seriousness, I started a crossover project last year to draw characters from "LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" in the style of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". You can chalk it up to the ironic similarities between the backstory of "Way of the Ninja" and "Nightmare Moon/The Elements of Harmony", or just to the fact that I'm a fan of both franchises and nobody had made such a crossover before.I say "had" because an artist on another site beat me to the punch with his "Friendship is Spinjitsu" on another site. My designs were all pretty much done by this time, but credit to him for inspiring me to actually finish coloring these drawings.The cutie marks are either taken from official instruction bookets or created by my younger brother Meiko. The pupil and iris are taken from the Pony Creator, a flash application by a user named GeneralZoi on a site I'm probably not allowed to mention here. The rest is hand-drawn and digitally colored.LEGO Ninjago and all related characters are © The LEGO GroupMy Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is © Hasbro.Kaikai_pony_by_skybard-d4s8a5g.pngZanezane_pony_by_skybard-d4s8ahd.pngColecole_pony_by_skybard-d4s8ass.pngJayjay_pony_by_skybard-d4s8b3y.pngNyanya_pony_by_skybard-d4s8bgi.pngThere are other characters I haven't finished coloring who are still yet to come!

Oh nice. I lurv dem. And thanks for crediting me for those emblems. Even the official ones I pulled from the instructions. :)

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I still think you need to fix the gray outlines on the Cole and Nya's manes and tails and Cole's Ninja robes. They break up the clean appearance of the rest of the ponies. They should use a very dark gray as the main color, with an even-darker gray or black for the outlines. Technically, said manes also have too much detail in general, compared to the simple manes of Kai, Jay, and Zane.I also think that colored outlines for the other robes would make these match the My Little Pony style more accurately.But I love these designs, and can't wait to see which others you'll end up drawing!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Pretty awesome! Wonder what wu and garmadon and lloyd would look like

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Lloyd Garmadon should be a colt. That would be great. Can you make colts and fillies in the pony creator, because it might make it harder if you can't (I assume you can).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Lloyd Garmadon should be a colt. That would be great. Can you make colts and fillies in the pony creator, because it might make it harder if you can't (I assume you can).
I said Llyod not Lord! Llyod would be a colt yea but a foal.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I said Llyod not Lord! Llyod would be a colt yea but a foal.
I didn't say Lord Garmadon. Also, a colt and a foal are the same thing. colt /kōlt/ Noun: A young, uncastrated male horse, in particular one less than four years old. Synonyms: foalDefinition from Google

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I still think you need to fix the gray outlines on the Cole and Nya's manes and tails and Cole's Ninja robes. They break up the clean appearance of the rest of the ponies. They should use a very dark gray as the main color, with an even-darker gray or black for the outlines. Technically, said manes also have too much detail in general, compared to the simple manes of Kai, Jay, and Zane.I also think that colored outlines for the other robes would make these match the My Little Pony style more accurately.But I love these designs, and can't wait to see which others you'll end up drawing!

I'll consider colored outlines for the robes... as it is, I based the colors for the robes pretty strictly on the printing colors used on the actual minifigures, but that may have been a poor decision.As for the gray lines on Cole's hair, I agree that they're too thick (I was able to make Nya's thinner, but not Cole's), but I think they should stay in some form or another. There are plenty of ponies whose manes have contour lines rather than simple outlines, and it's hard to get Cole's hair to look as bushy and unkempt as it is usually depicted without any sort of contour lines at all. The colors used for the outlines on the manes are copied from the pony creator, which I usually consider trustworthy for making pony colors look show-accurate, but I can change it to a black or a darker gray if you really think that'd be better.

Sensei Wu and Lord Garmadon are in progress, but they might be a while. Sensei Wu is mostly complete aside from his cutie mark, but I've only just begun coloring Lord Garmadon.I had drawn Lloyd, but when I scanned my other ponies I realized I had forgotten to ink my drawing of him, and it's just as well since it wasn't an excellent picture. I'll tackle him and other 2012 characters another time.

You can, but even if I couldn't, remember that all of these ponies are hand-drawn except for the irises and pupils, so the Pony Creator doesn't set any limit on what I can or can't do. It is a useful tool for referencing what colors and shapes to use to match the style of MLP:FiM, though, and

They look really cool. I do agree that the gray outlining on the black manes/tails looks slightly awkward. Besides that, they flow nicely. Can't wait to see the others you are working on.

Thank you! I hope my next batch of ponies (Wu and Garmadon) continue to impress!

:kaukau: Well, I can't say much for the art itself (theyre sketches, after all), but the concept is interesting. I mean, such a crossover really does make sense within the context of MLP, considering that the Barbie franchise has done adaptations of quite a few un-Barbie-ish story pitches and turned them into great stories about friendship. Of course, MLP is more hardcore than Barbie, and the conspicuousness of the crossover would make it all the more epic. And it wouldn't be Mary-Sue at all.I particularly like Zane and Kai, by the way. I think it's the hair.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

• 4 weeks later...