• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Comics Contest #1 Final Poll

Comics Contest Comics Contest #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: CC #1 Poll (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Final Poll

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Offline Ziko

Ziko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,772 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image

Well folks, this is it. Welcome to the final poll for Comics Contest #1: Get a Clue! This poll will run until March 11 at 11:59 P.M. EDT. The results will be posted in a new topic in the Comics forum.Because of a tie in one of the preliminary polls, we added a sixth entry to the final round. You may vote for one entry in this poll.----------1. At The End of the TunnelPosted Image[page 1, page 2, page 3]2. A Dark DeedPosted Image[page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4]3. Mystery TheaterPosted Image[page 1, page 2]4. The Mystery of the Toa Posted Image[page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4, page 5, page 6, page 7]5. City of Wretches Posted Image[page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4, page 5, page 6, page 7, page 8, page 9, page 10, page 11]6. LightkeepersPosted Image[page 1, page 2]

Edited by Pantophobia, Mar 09 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#2 Offline Sniper Joe

Sniper Joe
  • Members
  • Official Exploding Building Tester

• 1,703 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 05:36 AM

I'm personally hoping that ADD or Mystery Theater win, because they showcase the spirit of the Comics forum best. And I don't even like Mystery Theater.

welcome to the fandom!

#3 Offline Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,092 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 10:06 AM

After reading all the entries, I felt the one I liked best was City of Wretches. It instilled me with the best feeling of mystery that also provided an amazing visual experience.The other entries are very good, too, though. Best of luck to all! :)

overlordsukapon.png

#4 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 10:52 AM

City of Wretches.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

halo4-spartans.jpg

#5 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,271 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 12:07 PM

I loved both City of Wretches and Lightkeepers, but City of Wretches won out. It's just too awesome.

sdadcomedy.png

#6 Offline The Duchess Approves

The Duchess Approves
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,358 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm actually kinda sad to see that Corruption didn't make it this far (its story was my favorite among all of the entries).A lot of good comics here. A comic isn't just story-driven nor does it rely on imagery; a good comic has a balance of script and visual aid in my opinion. I'd have to say that the entry in this contest that is the most balanced in this respect is City of Wretches.

#7 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,976 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 02:30 PM

In the end, for me, it was down to "City of Wretches" and "Lightkeepers." Both were exceedingly well drawn, but in the end the atmosphere and length of the former won me over.

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.

#8 Offline xon

xon
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,825 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 05:28 PM

All of these entries were great, but "At the End of the Tunnel" was my favorite. It was very well drawn and well created in general.-xon

#9 Offline Roablin

Roablin
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 354 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 06:05 PM

I had to vote for City of Wretches. I really liked Lightkeepers and the end of the tunnel, and those three were all good in different ways. But CoW won out because of length, and that wickedly awesome Hakann.

Posted Image

#10 Offline Phyoohrii

Phyoohrii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,453 posts

Posted Mar 09 2012 - 07:45 PM

City of Wretches for me. Amazing drawing, really chilling feel. Really struck me when I first read it. A really great final poll, all really exceptional entries. Good luck to all!Posted Image

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

#11 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Mar 10 2012 - 11:02 AM

I personally would vote for Uncle K's if this was an art contest that specifically focused on pure ART!But city of Wretches won me over because of how his story was written. I wish he would keep writing comics...

banner_size.png

Possum

#12 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,651 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2012 - 11:35 AM

I personally would vote for Uncle K's if this was an art contest that specifically focused on pure ART!But city of Wretches won me over because of how his story was written. I wish he would keep writing comics...

I love your avatar.Anyway, yeah, voted City of Wretches.-Teezy

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#13 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2012 - 02:16 PM

I think City of Wretches deserves victory. It has such a brilliant comic art style, and the plot provides welcome depth.

#14 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,693 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2012 - 09:41 PM

Mystery Theater is my single choice to win this thing. I feel it's the only comic that properly grasped the feel I was expecting from a submission for a mystery-themed comic contest. A Dark Deed was a close second, well-written, funny, excellent art--but, as a mystery, it didn't satisfy me, and art and jokes have to defer in this case to mystery quality of plot.Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

#15 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,836 posts

Posted Mar 11 2012 - 03:24 PM

City of Wretches. The art was incredible.

#16 Online -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,532 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 11 2012 - 11:05 PM

Thank you all for your votes! Look for the results topic tomorrow!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users