Runescape Thread 4

KayTee

Yeah, I made the lyre on my main but now doing it on a different account that doesn't have the requirememnts to make it. But I've gone from 50 to 59 Ranged without getting it, so I think I'll just give up and get the reqs soon.

Did you already pick the quest up? He only drops it if you have the quest started.

Why is the event early this year?

Nope. Right on time. This is when the Halloween even usually comes out.
Events, to the best of my knowledge, have always been a week before the actual "holiday", and ended a week after. It doesn't matter, so whatever. Edit: And would you look at that, the Halloween event came around this time. That's interesting. Edited by Pinkie Pie

The dance floor puzzle was so....random. Also... did they hand out reaper hoods? I'm seeing people wearing them, and I don't recall seeing them...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

So I thought I'd regret getting 20 Attack on my obby tank because I can't afford corrupts. I don't. It's pretty much impossible for a pure to hit me, and I always hit them. I can even sometimes kill mains with lower Defence. The extra accuracy plus Excalibur spec is great.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

The dance floor puzzle was so....random. Also... did they hand out reaper hoods? I'm seeing people wearing them, and I don't recall seeing them...

I had a Reaper Hood... and I didn't do that one. It's from a few years back.
How did I miss it? I mean, I think the Christmas ghost hood will suffice, but still...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Never mind.

Edited by Etiainen

The following statement is false. The following statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The previous three statements are false. This statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The truthfulness of the second statement is inversely proportional to the truthfulness of the fifth statement. This is totally not confusing at all. This signature contains no false information. All of the preceding sentences are false.

I hope you guys are better then the first two runescape topics. ign: kijudoav I wish you people the best.

Hi AV :eyeboggle: Anyways, I think I should announce that on the night of the 29th October I'll host a my (in)famous HALLOWEEN PARTY (2011).yycd3.gifyycd3.gifyycd3.gifWHERE: MY (kayteen7's) HOUSE, RIMMINGTON, WORLD 67WHEN: 29th OCTOBER (around 3PM eastern coast)WHY: yycd3.gifWHAT TO BRING: PARTY STUFF, COSTUMES, WEAPONS, BRONZE ARMOUR, DDS, OR WHATEVERWHAT WILL HAPPEN: PARTY AT MY (level 99!!) HOUSE, SHENANIGANS, PEE-KAYING I'll add more later if needed. :squish:
yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

I had a Reaper Hood... and I didn't do that one. It's from a few years back.
How did I miss it? I mean, I think the Christmas ghost hood will suffice, but still...
It was from the '07 event.

I hope you guys are better then the first two runescape topics. ign: kijudoav I wish you people the best.

Hi AV :eyeboggle: Anyways, I think I should announce that on the night of the 29th October I'll host a my (in)famous HALLOWEEN PARTY (2011).yycd3.gifyycd3.gifyycd3.gifWHERE: MY (kayteen7's) HOUSE, RIMMINGTON, WORLD 67WHEN: 29th OCTOBER (around 3PM eastern coast)WHY: yycd3.gifWHAT TO BRING: PARTY STUFF, COSTUMES, WEAPONS, BRONZE ARMOUR, DDS, OR WHATEVERWHAT WILL HAPPEN: PARTY AT MY (level 99!!) HOUSE, SHENANIGANS, PEE-KAYING I'll add more later if needed. :squish:
And then two people show up. Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

I know this is a bit off of the current subject, but are the Membership Rewards items/abilities any good? I haven't even touched this game in 7 months and I'm considering becoming a member again. Also is the Abyssal Whip still a relatively good weapon or has it been dethroned by something else?

kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ImaGonnaGetYou

The whip will remain as the best overall weapon until you get 80 dungeoneering (or Jagex updates the game). At that point, a chaotic rapier would be much better. But unless you're doing something hit intensive, like boss fighting, it's not necessary. As far as auras and stuff goes, I don't think it's game changing stuff; I personally haven't tried them, but they won't affect gameplay tremendously.

The whip will remain as the best overall weapon until you get 80 dungeoneering (or Jagex updates the game). At that point, a chaotic rapier would be much better. But unless you're doing something hit intensive, like boss fighting, it's not necessary. As far as auras and stuff goes, I don't think it's game changing stuff; I personally haven't tried them, but they won't affect gameplay tremendously.

That's what I thought would be the case. My dungeoneering is only around 35, and even at 80, if I remember right, you don't have enough tokens for Chaotic weapons. Someone told me whips dropped like bricks in the last few weeks, though I'm not sure why. I thought they seemed pretty stable around 1.5m but I guess that changed while I was gone. And these aura things aren't combat things you can use in PvP, right? Are they just things to help skilling or something?
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

That's what I thought would be the case. My dungeoneering is only around 35, and even at 80, if I remember right, you don't have enough tokens for Chaotic weapons. Someone told me whips dropped like bricks in the last few weeks, though I'm not sure why. I thought they seemed pretty stable around 1.5m but I guess that changed while I was gone. And these aura things aren't combat things you can use in PvP, right? Are they just things to help skilling or something?
Whips are in the hundred thousands last I checked. I think bots have taken over abyssal demons, and the fact that they're so old.

Whips are in the hundred thousands last I checked. I think bots have taken over abyssal demons, and the fact that they're so old.
Whips are 100k now?!? Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster! I bought mine back when they were frikkin' 3m! Course, I don't even HAVE that char anymore, so the point is moot.

It'll be great if the update on Tuesday actually works. =o

It won't. Not completely. For a "complete" success, bots would have to be gone forever.They won't.There will always be lazy people that want to set something up and win everything without lifting a finger. So long as they exist, bots will be created to do things for lazy players. All the Bot-makers have to do is find a way around this update. Bots will always exist.

Well I got Knock-Out and it's pretty handy when killing stuff that's level 100+, because it eliminates redbarring.It also tears Fight caves a new one, especially when the level 360 starts spawning. Cool avatar btw.
yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

You get rapier slightly after 80 dungeoneering. Maybe up to 100k xp off, which isn't all that much. And rapier is definitely worth getting, once you use it, its impossible to go back to whip. It's awesome for anything, does exactly what a whip does, but better. And the recharge cost isn't that much considering the time you're saving using it, and it's always more fun seeing yourself hit a 500 rather than a 450. :D

My signature.

Well I got Knock-Out and it's pretty handy when killing stuff that's level 100+, because it eliminates redbarring.It also tears Fight caves a new one, especially when the level 360 starts spawning. Cool avatar btw.
Getting rid of red-barring? I'm sold already. And thank you for the compliment, fine sir.
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

It'll be great if the update on Tuesday actually works. =o

It won't. Not completely. For a "complete" success, bots would have to be gone forever. They won't. There will always be lazy people that want to set something up and win everything without lifting a finger. So long as they exist, bots will be created to do things for lazy players. All the Bot-makers have to do is find a way around this update. Bots will always exist.
I don't believe it'll work either, but the way Jagex put it, they're going to make botting straight up impossible. Although they implied it would only work on bots using some method called "reflection", and there's different ways for bots to bot. So, I guess that's the two percent that'll still work. But if the bots do get nerfed, and Jagex actually fixes the problem, unlikely, but let's play the what if game, then all botted prices are going to shoot up so much, and that's going to suck bad for everyone that didn't bot. I'm sort of on the edge with this supposed nerf. Jagex has put off this problem for so long, removing it instantly is going to have a major impact on anything directly or indirectly connected to botted items. If the shark and rocktail supply were suddenly nerfed, it would cost more to do anything with food. Boss hunting needs food, and I believe herbs are botted too. So potions will go up in price. This price change can result in the rise of boss drops, because people want to profit from their drops. I'm probably taking this example a little too far, but it's still a possibility.