Runescape Thread 4

KayTee

Runescape has been so bad lately. This year has had almost all bad updates.

I think that has alot to do with your combat level.I'm 130+ and I'm having a good time with wildy PK, ROTM, Dominion Tower, Bot Nuke, Lava Mine, Jadinko cavern, etc, etc. Also there's an upcoming Slayer Dungeon so woo hoo.Of course if you're 70-90, I see where you're could get that idea because there hasn't been alot of the usual 90's-shovel upgrades this year.Also there has been a few epically bad updates like Salt in the Wound, all of April month and that bad gnome quest.
yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

No, shove-updates means easy and terrible updates that Jagex used to spew alot of between 2006-2009. Wonderful stuff like:Half the holiday events (not halloween 2008 or easter 2006)Third batch of treasure trail rewards (canes, masks, staves(not elite))Grim TalesHunter skillGu'tanoth graphical update (I mean lol what did they even do)BraceletsZygomitesMore random eventsBasically, stuff that can be made quickly, shoved into the game to please 60-90 combat level players while ignoring the end game and most major updates.I think that Contruction was the first real massive update because they've been working on that since RSC, and there is a few of the old 2004 updates that's still missing (frozen lands, reptile men).I think it was around when Mark Gerhard got the company that the very high level (80+) skill updates began rolling in while most of the 40-70's stuff became minor skill upgrades, minigames and weaponry.EDIT: I'm not claiming that they do not do this anymore *coughAquanitesPrayerrenewalcough*, but in the past few years there has been alot of high profile and high level updates with long and careful development time like ROTM, Dom. Tower, Dungeoneering, Citadels, bot nuke, etc. and less bad updates that entertains for a week and then is forgotten.

Edited by KayTee
yooo_daaaawg.png

No, shove-updates means easy and terrible updates that Jagex used to spew alot of between 2006-2009. Wonderful stuff like:Half the holiday events (not halloween 2008 or easter 2006)Third batch of treasure trail rewards (canes, masks, staves(not elite))Grim TalesHunter skillGu'tanoth graphical update (I mean lol what did they even do)BraceletsZygomitesMore random eventsBasically, stuff that can be made quickly, shoved into the game to please 60-90 combat level players while ignoring the end game and most major updates.I think that Contruction was the first real massive update because they've been working on that since RSC, and there is a few of the old 2004 updates that's still missing (frozen lands, reptile men).I think it was around when Mark Gerhard got the company that the very high level (80+) skill updates began rolling in while most of the 40-70's stuff became minor skill upgrades, minigames and weaponry.EDIT: I'm not claiming that they do not do this anymore *coughAquanitesPrayerrenewalcough*, but in the past few years there has been alot of high profile and high level updates with long and careful development time like ROTM, Dom. Tower, Dungeoneering, Citadels, bot nuke, etc. and less bad updates that entertains for a week and then is forgotten.

I'll give you that... but it could be worse. Star Trek Online hasn't gotten anything new in a few months, save a few tweaks. But it's alright because when that game goes FTP (17 January), it'll get a crud-ton of new stuff...Back on topic, who's getting what 99s now?

Oh, and I can't get onto Runescape. Dunno why. The screen is simply shrunk on the y axis so that when I log into the lobby, the screen is too short to include the rather important "play" button at the bottom.Oh, and Pinkie, I am not sure just by reading your post, do you like or dislike the hiscores being P2P only?

^Yeah, I hate how everything looks weird and not so Runescapey anymore. =(That and the little arrow above the chat box really bugs me. And also the Thanksgiving event was realy bad, it was almost like a quicker and easier version of Cook's Assistant. Up until now I didn't think anything could get quicker and easier than that.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

^Yeah, I hate how everything looks weird and not so Runescapey anymore. =(That and the little arrow above the chat box really bugs me. And also the Thanksgiving event was realy bad, it was almost like a quicker and easier version of Cook's Assistant. Up until now I didn't think anything could get quicker and easier than that.

Well, this was my first ever thanksgiving event. I forgot that Tanksgiving had an event. I always do the Christmas, holloween, etc events. Except for a few that I missed. *facepalm*The little arrow bugs me too.When RuneScape is not RuneScape, I usually turn it into RunEscape and get into BIONICLE's newest story for a while. I can't do that now, though, because now both RS and BIONICLE need saving!

Conversation UpdateWe are upgrading the main chat panels you see when interacting with NPCs. We’ve gone for a modern, fresher look, while still retaining something unique and fitting for RuneScape. These upgrades are not just graphical: you’ll be able to use number keys to select from multiple chat options AND press the space bar instead of ’Click to continue‘. You can even hold down the space bar to fast-track through conversations.ToolbeltOn release, you’ll notice a brand new button, accessed via the worn inventory screen. This is the toolbelt, and it will act like a new equip ’slot‘ that can carry all of your basic tools: from farming implements to tinderboxes. The toolbelt has no prerequisites and won’t occupy any inventory or worn slots. Using it couldn’t be simpler, as all resources can now be single-clicked, meaning you won’t need to withdraw a tool in order to use it.Money PouchAt its core, the money pouch is like an additional and free inventory slot for coins. You can use your pouch to store up to 2.1 billion GP and, in MOST situations, coins picked up are added directly to your money pouch. All financial interactions are now handled directly by the pouch, so you won’t need to withdraw cash into your inventory to use it (although you still can, if you wish). As was true before this update, coins are safe from being dropped on death unless they are in your inventory when you die in the Wilderness.

Oh my.

zT0o5WQ.pngKohila zVZHXI3.pngKohilaice vHGufqp.pngKohi#0612

vasterror_splash.png

Conversation UpdateWe are upgrading the main chat panels you see when interacting with NPCs. We’ve gone for a modern, fresher look, while still retaining something unique and fitting for RuneScape. These upgrades are not just graphical: you’ll be able to use number keys to select from multiple chat options AND press the space bar instead of ’Click to continue‘. You can even hold down the space bar to fast-track through conversations.ToolbeltOn release, you’ll notice a brand new button, accessed via the worn inventory screen. This is the toolbelt, and it will act like a new equip ’slot‘ that can carry all of your basic tools: from farming implements to tinderboxes. The toolbelt has no prerequisites and won’t occupy any inventory or worn slots. Using it couldn’t be simpler, as all resources can now be single-clicked, meaning you won’t need to withdraw a tool in order to use it.Money PouchAt its core, the money pouch is like an additional and free inventory slot for coins. You can use your pouch to store up to 2.1 billion GP and, in MOST situations, coins picked up are added directly to your money pouch. All financial interactions are now handled directly by the pouch, so you won’t need to withdraw cash into your inventory to use it (although you still can, if you wish). As was true before this update, coins are safe from being dropped on death unless they are in your inventory when you die in the Wilderness.

Oh my.
They LOOK good... but we'll see.

Oh my.
They LOOK good... but we'll see.
Agreed. Things that look good to Jagex don't always look good to me. Like the new interface icons.

• 2 weeks later...

Money pouch is all sorts of terrible because you're forced to use widescreen if you want to know just how much cash you got.Also barely any vendors take money from the pouch you have to remove it from inventory and then give it to them.Meanwhile toolbelt is a good solution to most of my banking problems. They're making rogue kits, leprechauns, most of the tool room in Construction and master quest kits completely useless.On one hand it is destroying alot of old and loved features.On the other hand I'm currently running around with a shed of rakes, spades, charts, axes and lobster pots around my belt.

yooo_daaaawg.png

On the other hand I'm currently running around with a shed of rakes, spades, charts, axes and lobster pots around my belt.

Doesn't everyone.
Are you kidding? I'm practically a Home Depot of gardening and building utensils...
Yeah. This is making the game a little too easy for my tastes. Why doesn't Jagex simply give us triple inventory space and unlimited bank?

The game needs to be less grindy. My only wish.

Grindy? You mean less repetitive actions while playing? Because if so, you're asking for a fundamental change in the game.

I might note that I'd have quit RS in half the time if I didn't enjoy a mind-numbing grind. Need something to take my mind off things...

Unlike a possible RuneScape 3, the current repetitive training methods are not likely to change. If they do, it will not be in a satisfactory way. Like for example making a minigame that gives you a ton of Prayer xp for free. Or making it possible to carry a toolshed around your belt.For the record, I thought of having a belt slot for weapons storage, making it possible to switch between weapons more easily.

Well, they could make multiple things to do to train. The best things would have comparable xp rates, and gp/xp. Some would be fun, and others not so much, but since fun is so subjective, it'd be beneficial to keep the current methods, and to have 3-4 different new fun methods. And since they would have about the same xp rates, then it's just a matter of "What do I feel like doing today". The initial hard part is deciding, how to make clicking in different places fun.Weapon switching is already pretty easy if you ask me. Although, it does take "practice", so to speak.

Money making, eh? I've tried that and slayer. I've had three months of membership to date, so I haven't exactly had much of a shot at it. However, the bot nuking day slayer boost helped considerably. Unfortunately, I missed all of the other days of bot nuking boosts.As for money making, does anyone know of a good F2P method?