• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Runescape Thread 4

bzp chat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, I made the lyre on my main but now doing it on a different account that doesn't have the requirememnts to make it. But I've gone from 50 to 59 Ranged without getting it, so I think I'll just give up and get the reqs soon.

Did you already pick the quest up? He only drops it if you have the quest started.

#42 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 08:20 PM

^Yup. I'm just gonna give up and get the requirements now. -.- 50-60 Ranged with no drop is kinda ridiculous.

Edited by Senrab, Oct 16 2011 - 08:20 PM.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#43 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 01:44 PM

Just finished the Halloween event. It was kinda lame (because Death has a clan citadel -.-), but the reward emote is pretty cool.

#44 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 02:25 PM

Just finished the Halloween event. It was kinda lame (because Death has a clan citadel -.-), but the reward emote is pretty cool.

Why wouldn't the guy who reigns over the end of life and who has existed for millenia have a CC?

#45 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 05:28 PM

Why is the event early this year?

#46 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 05:53 PM

Nope. Right on time. This is when the Halloween even usually comes out.

#47 Offline Republic Commando Scorch

Republic Commando Scorch
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 03-November 05
  • 1,153 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 06:05 PM

My RS name is currently I Talakal I, but some may remember me as Zealot 340 (From the first BZPchat) or TheTalakal (more recently). My get P2P again... Not sure.

#48 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:23 PM

Nope. Right on time. This is when the Halloween even usually comes out.

Events, to the best of my knowledge, have always been a week before the actual "holiday", and ended a week after. It doesn't matter, so whatever. Edit: And would you look at that, the Halloween event came around this time. That's interesting.

Edited by Pinkie Pie, Oct 17 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#49 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 03-April 05
  • 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 11:37 PM

The dance floor puzzle was so....random. Also... did they hand out reaper hoods? I'm seeing people wearing them, and I don't recall seeing them...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#50 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 08:54 AM

So I thought I'd regret getting 20 Attack on my obby tank because I can't afford corrupts. I don't. It's pretty much impossible for a pure to hit me, and I always hit them. I can even sometimes kill mains with lower Defence. The extra accuracy plus Excalibur spec is great.

#51 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 05:59 PM

The dance floor puzzle was so....random. Also... did they hand out reaper hoods? I'm seeing people wearing them, and I don't recall seeing them...

Probably people getting in the mood for the holiday.

#52 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 07:48 PM

I had a Reaper Hood... and I didn't do that one. It's from a few years back.

#53 Offline The Lawuser

The Lawuser
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-December 07
  • 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 03:11 AM

Okay, so my horn is around two thirds full. I plan on having it filled today.

#54 Offline Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Nujanii: Kanohi Master
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 22-September 10
  • 691 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 12:01 PM

I'm 1996nick2 ingame. I have the veteran's cape. I'm also lv 79.

banner_friendorfoe1.png
Bionifight profile I used to do that after all.

And also, incidently, why people shouldn't be acting like Bionicle's "dead" -- it's still continuing in story form unlike just about any other line and has a very strong chance of coming back some day, so it's wisest for people to remain interested in LEGO, showing their support for HF, etc. The best way, as we've shown long ago, for Bionicle to come back, is for us to be on here showing support for HF and Bionicle at the same time, accepting both, knowing that one day HF too will lose the "new factor" and eventually Bionicle will be ready to come back.

And I suppose that's exactly what happened.

If you should be doing your homework right now, copy and paste this into your signature.

Farshtey's law states that physics need not apply

#55 Offline Argroh Valdios

Argroh Valdios
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 05-January 03
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 05:27 PM

I hope you guys are better then the first two runescape topics. ign: kijudoav I wish you people the best.

Posted Image

I allways wanted a thing called Tuna Sashimi!

#56 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 03-April 05
  • 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 10:58 PM

How did I miss it? I mean, I think the Christmas ghost hood will suffice, but still...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#57 Offline Etiainen

Etiainen
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 23-July 03
  • 937 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 12:55 AM

Never mind.

Edited by Etiainen, Nov 23 2011 - 03:02 AM.

The following statement is false. The following statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The previous three statements are false. This statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The truthfulness of the second statement is inversely proportional to the truthfulness of the fifth statement. This is totally not confusing at all. This signature contains no false information. All of the preceding sentences are false.

#58 Offline The Lawuser

The Lawuser
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-December 07
  • 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 03:50 AM

Alright, so I didn't fill my horn up yesterday. I plan on doing that today. Hopefully.

#59 Offline KayTee

KayTee
  • Members

• 16-October 04
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 01:12 PM

I hope you guys are better then the first two runescape topics. ign: kijudoav I wish you people the best.

Hi AV :eyeboggle: Anyways, I think I should announce that on the night of the 29th October I'll host a my (in)famous HALLOWEEN PARTY (2011).Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWHERE: MY (kayteen7's) HOUSE, RIMMINGTON, WORLD 67WHEN: 29th OCTOBER (around 3PM eastern coast)WHY: Posted ImageWHAT TO BRING: PARTY STUFF, COSTUMES, WEAPONS, BRONZE ARMOUR, DDS, OR WHATEVERWHAT WILL HAPPEN: PARTY AT MY (level 99!!) HOUSE, SHENANIGANS, PEE-KAYING I'll add more later if needed. :squish:

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

#60 Offline The Lawuser

The Lawuser
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-December 07
  • 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 01:51 PM

Let's repeat the 2008 succes, mkay? But that would involve gathering a lot of stuff for a drop party. In other news: I filled my horn.

#61 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 04:05 PM

How did I miss it? I mean, I think the Christmas ghost hood will suffice, but still...

It was from the '07 event.

#62 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hi AV :eyeboggle: Anyways, I think I should announce that on the night of the 29th October I'll host a my (in)famous HALLOWEEN PARTY (2011).Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWHERE: MY (kayteen7's) HOUSE, RIMMINGTON, WORLD 67WHEN: 29th OCTOBER (around 3PM eastern coast)WHY: Posted ImageWHAT TO BRING: PARTY STUFF, COSTUMES, WEAPONS, BRONZE ARMOUR, DDS, OR WHATEVERWHAT WILL HAPPEN: PARTY AT MY (level 99!!) HOUSE, SHENANIGANS, PEE-KAYING I'll add more later if needed. :squish:

And then two people show up. Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

#63 Offline KayTee

KayTee
  • Members

• 16-October 04
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 02:41 AM

That would be 2 more people than last year. >:I

#64 Offline The Lawuser

The Lawuser
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-December 07
  • 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 03:17 AM

Did we even have an event last year?

#65 Offline KayTee

KayTee
  • Members

• 16-October 04
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 04:36 PM

Yes. I think Exo came by and we had some pumpkin fun and then that was it.

#66 Offline Deep-Freeze

Deep-Freeze
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 25-September 06
  • 486 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 05:19 PM

I know this is a bit off of the current subject, but are the Membership Rewards items/abilities any good? I haven't even touched this game in 7 months and I'm considering becoming a member again. Also is the Abyssal Whip still a relatively good weapon or has it been dethroned by something else?

Posted Image

KUYASHII

­

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ImaGonnaGetYou

#67 Offline The Lawuser

The Lawuser
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-December 07
  • 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 06:22 PM

The whip is still best for it's price. There are new chaotic weapons with require 80 dungeoneering. I don't know much about these as I have only 55, but I use a whip and it does the job for me.

#68 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 10:37 PM

The whip will remain as the best overall weapon until you get 80 dungeoneering (or Jagex updates the game). At that point, a chaotic rapier would be much better. But unless you're doing something hit intensive, like boss fighting, it's not necessary. As far as auras and stuff goes, I don't think it's game changing stuff; I personally haven't tried them, but they won't affect gameplay tremendously.

#69 Offline Deep-Freeze

Deep-Freeze
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 25-September 06
  • 486 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 12:30 AM

The whip will remain as the best overall weapon until you get 80 dungeoneering (or Jagex updates the game). At that point, a chaotic rapier would be much better. But unless you're doing something hit intensive, like boss fighting, it's not necessary. As far as auras and stuff goes, I don't think it's game changing stuff; I personally haven't tried them, but they won't affect gameplay tremendously.

That's what I thought would be the case. My dungeoneering is only around 35, and even at 80, if I remember right, you don't have enough tokens for Chaotic weapons. Someone told me whips dropped like bricks in the last few weeks, though I'm not sure why. I thought they seemed pretty stable around 1.5m but I guess that changed while I was gone. And these aura things aren't combat things you can use in PvP, right? Are they just things to help skilling or something?

Posted Image

KUYASHII

­

#70 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 12:32 AM

Some auras help combat, but the effects they have are almost unnoticeably small.

#71 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 01:36 AM

That's what I thought would be the case. My dungeoneering is only around 35, and even at 80, if I remember right, you don't have enough tokens for Chaotic weapons. Someone told me whips dropped like bricks in the last few weeks, though I'm not sure why. I thought they seemed pretty stable around 1.5m but I guess that changed while I was gone. And these aura things aren't combat things you can use in PvP, right? Are they just things to help skilling or something?

Whips are in the hundred thousands last I checked. I think bots have taken over abyssal demons, and the fact that they're so old.

#72 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 10:23 AM

Whips are in the hundred thousands last I checked. I think bots have taken over abyssal demons, and the fact that they're so old.

Whips are 100k now?!? Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster! I bought mine back when they were frikkin' 3m! Course, I don't even HAVE that char anymore, so the point is moot.

#73 Offline The Lawuser

The Lawuser
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-December 07
  • 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 11:04 AM

He said "in the hundred thousands", meaning within 100k to 999,999 gp.

#74 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 11:45 AM

He said "in the hundred thousands", meaning within 100k to 999,999 gp.

Specifically the 485 thousands. I looked it up after I posted that.Still... Hot diggety.

#75 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 01:20 PM

It'll be great if the update on Tuesday actually works. =o

#76 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members

• 22-December 05
  • 861 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 01:38 PM

It won't. Not completely. For a "complete" success, bots would have to be gone forever.They won't.There will always be lazy people that want to set something up and win everything without lifting a finger. So long as they exist, bots will be created to do things for lazy players. All the Bot-makers have to do is find a way around this update. Bots will always exist.

#77 Offline KayTee

KayTee
  • Members

• 16-October 04
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 02:25 PM

Well I got Knock-Out and it's pretty handy when killing stuff that's level 100+, because it eliminates redbarring.It also tears Fight caves a new one, especially when the level 360 starts spawning. Cool avatar btw.

#78 Offline Catfish

Catfish
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 13-August 08
  • 2,115 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 04:07 PM

You get rapier slightly after 80 dungeoneering. Maybe up to 100k xp off, which isn't all that much. And rapier is definitely worth getting, once you use it, its impossible to go back to whip. It's awesome for anything, does exactly what a whip does, but better. And the recharge cost isn't that much considering the time you're saving using it, and it's always more fun seeing yourself hit a 500 rather than a 450. :D
My signature.

#79 Offline Deep-Freeze

Deep-Freeze
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 25-September 06
  • 486 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 05:47 PM

Well I got Knock-Out and it's pretty handy when killing stuff that's level 100+, because it eliminates redbarring.It also tears Fight caves a new one, especially when the level 360 starts spawning. Cool avatar btw.

Getting rid of red-barring? I'm sold already. And thank you for the compliment, fine sir.

Posted Image

KUYASHII

­

#80 Offline Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 09
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 10:10 PM

It won't. Not completely. For a "complete" success, bots would have to be gone forever. They won't. There will always be lazy people that want to set something up and win everything without lifting a finger. So long as they exist, bots will be created to do things for lazy players. All the Bot-makers have to do is find a way around this update. Bots will always exist.

I don't believe it'll work either, but the way Jagex put it, they're going to make botting straight up impossible. Although they implied it would only work on bots using some method called "reflection", and there's different ways for bots to bot. So, I guess that's the two percent that'll still work. But if the bots do get nerfed, and Jagex actually fixes the problem, unlikely, but let's play the what if game, then all botted prices are going to shoot up so much, and that's going to suck bad for everyone that didn't bot. I'm sort of on the edge with this supposed nerf. Jagex has put off this problem for so long, removing it instantly is going to have a major impact on anything directly or indirectly connected to botted items. If the shark and rocktail supply were suddenly nerfed, it would cost more to do anything with food. Boss hunting needs food, and I believe herbs are botted too. So potions will go up in price. This price change can result in the rise of boss drops, because people want to profit from their drops. I'm probably taking this example a little too far, but it's still a possibility.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users