Runescape Thread 4

KayTee

As far as i can tell, the best f2p methods of making money are merchanting/flipping; cutting yews; killing cockroaches in that one place, the highest level ones of course; and pking, if you're good. The thing is, the only one that can sort of match p2p is merching/flipping, and to do that, you'll probably need millions, a couple hundred maybe, to make constant income. I guess the only plus is you barely have to play to actually make money.

^Yeah, I forgot about all those. Guess I can't be much of a help seeing as I haven't been F2P for years.While we're on the topic of F2P, I've been reading the RS forums lately and it seems like I'm one of the only members that doesn't hate F2Pers. I don't understand why people think paying six dollars a month for an online game makes them better than someone who doesn't. But then again, I can sort of see where they're coming from only because most F2P that post on the forums are just spammers or trolls.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

There are morons in both F2P and P2P. The elitist mentality is the issue. You missed one group, though. FORMER members. People like me that have had membership in the past but are not currently members. My group is constantly being overlooked, though it's not one of the more majorly acnowledged ones.F2Pers mostly hate the snobby members and not without reason. Besides the snobbyness (I refuse to admit that that isn't a word) issue, Jagex has recently favored Members in ways that many (me included) think that they should not. These offences include: Not allowing former members to have avatars on the RS forums, Making the Hi Scores members only, And not making Zezima a god like Saradomin, Guthix, and Zamorak.Former members have paid at least $6 a month. We aren't non-contributers. Even if we were, Jagex has to make SOME money off of the advertisements in the perifrial vision of every F2Per and Former Mem.As for making the hi scores P2P, we feel that they are taking something away that we had before. This provides a sence of loss. They also had a bad excuse for doing it...

I do think Jagex has treated F2P worse this year than any other. I do agree that F2P hiscores being removed was pointless and unnecessary, but I think it's fine for forum avatars being P2P-only because they don't really do anything and were members only when they were first released anyway. Taking away once-F2P things is worse than making new, members-exclusive things in my opinion. Jagex probably doesn't care as much about former members because even if you gave them your money once, you aren't anymore.

What was their reasoning for making the high scores p2p only? I can only imagine what they pulled out of their rear end this time.Edit: Just found it. To allow more members to be in the high scores? Ok then. I think they are desperately scraping for money right now.

Edited by Pinkie Pie

I would like to ask you to stop this discussion because it almost killed a former thread.Just to finish it; There is bad members and there is bad free players, deal with it (kill them in wildy).To bring something new to the table; Christmas event 2011.NOT TERRIBLE !???Yes you heard right, a holiday event that didn't make me want to hurt the community developers because it was well thought out, fun to play, good looking and had nice rewards.Only problem might be how long it was and getting the tinsel snake post-event.

yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!

I dislike the way Jagex starts advertising member stuff blatantly in F2P worlds. Oh, forgot to introduce myself.My RuneScape name is Mantaxno 5 and my level is 39 or something. I've been making very little progress in the past 2, 3 years so... yeahr. My present set is adamant.

Edited by Norik Ta Hagah

Hey guys! A lot of you probably remember me back in the day in the Friend's Chat. My username is now "Its Reznas" though what you may have remember me as is "Reznas1". My combat level is 96. I have some pretty high stats. Attack level: 76Strength level: 76Defence level: 74 (Almost 75 :D)Hitpoints (Constitution): 75Magic: 64Ranged: 53 (I will train this higher at some point)Prayer: 46 (Almost 47)Summoning: 33 (Recollecting charms from slayer)Woodcutting level: 67Cooking level: 66Thieving level: 55They're okay, but I've been trying to get them up. Also KayTee, I noticed on the halloween post you made earlier in this topic, you mentioned Exo was there. Did he get his account back? Is it TNU or Exo? I never really heard what happened to him. He was a good friend (TNU).-Rez

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited for the Barrows graphical update because graphical updates are some of my favorites and Barrows armors are the only armor I use because I can't afford Bandos. It'll be nice to have it look even better.Also, I started a new pure because that obby tank was super boring to train with it's low Attack that never hit. So now I just have a regular 1 Defence pure. At the moment I'm making money on him by making tons of Teleport to House tablets while also slowly getting Magic XP.

Are you glad you took my advice about the Verac's?And Pinkie, your advice is good. I bought a trimmed rune platebody then later sold it to get bones, and I lost money. The only other time I did something like that- Corrupt Dragon sq. Was 200k. Is 130k. :/Though I haven't sold the sq. It can't be sold either, so the only thing to be done is to use it.

Edited by kanohi_master

I do like the Barrows update, and although in my opinion it could have been better, they definitely don't look worse than before. The only problems are that my Verac's helm is no longer a full helm and the skirt isn't a skirt. I really don't understand all the rage on the forums. Speaking of rage on the forums, I find it funny that people complained so much about the future quest's 90 Firemaking requirement that it got lowered to 74. 90 Firemaking honestly isn't all that difficult or time consuming, people should just shut up and be happy it's not 90 Runecrafting. And this is coming from me, I'm nowhere near 90 Firemaking.

I haven't been on the forums, so I wouldn't know about rage.Your observations on the barrows I agree with 100%.90 firemaking...It is hard to get, but this is a high end quest. By Bandos, some things should have 90+ requirements. Even though I'm lv 60 ish Firemaking. I understand that quest requirements shouldn't be lowered to fit my needs; I ought to raise my skills to meet their requirements. I wish that Jagex had left it at 90.

Apparently when the Firemaking requirement was lowered, the Constitution requirement was raised from 50 to 76. I'm sure that's much longer and harder than 90 Firemaking, yet nobody complained about it.

Edited by Senrab

But, firemaking is skilling, skilling is sooooooooooooooo booooooorrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggg, Constitution is combat and it's :D./sarcasmIn all seriousness, people are always going to complain. It's either too high or too low. At the end of the day, people deal with it and forget about it.

Apparently when the Firemaking requirement was lowered, the Constitution requirement was raised from 50 to 76. I'm sure that's much longer and harder than 90 Firemaking, yet nobody complained about it.

That's because it didn't change. When I looked at the reqs on release, it said 76 for the constitution requirement.

76561198122987594.png

If the second highest firemaking requirement wasn't too high, I would say that people complaining are lazy. But if the previous requirement was in the 70s, I would say the complaining is somewhat justified. Quest stat requirements, in my opinion, should go up slowly, instead of jumping suddenly.