Been waiting a long time to post this here...

a.jpg

Click for more photos. Warning, files are large (4000x3000 pixels)

I took this little number to BrickCon, and got positive reviews by a few members (including Binkmeister). Obviously next to the epic Bionicle MOCs, this had no chance in the public, but they -did- see it. This utilizes SNOT (Studs Not On Top) technique and a hollow center. It's super durable, and a lot bigger than you might think (nearly 6 inches cubed). Thoughts?

Edited by Swert

bzpsig2015.png

Your gallery of images will be a lot more visually accessible if the images aren't all 4000 pixels wide. That kind of loading time, and the images act as a deterrent. But, from what I can see from this preview photo, it looks nice. Clean, accurate to the real cube, and all that. The interlocking surfaces idea is clever, too. I think though that the cube could maybe look even nicer in smooth plates, if that's possible, rather than studded ones. Overall, cool concept for a MOC, and executed well.

test2.png

I really do think this came out very good. It's pretty much spot-on with the CGI cube model. Though I still think you should make a light-up version lol

Perhaps in revision #2 : D

Your gallery of images will be a lot more visually accessible if the images aren't all 4000 pixels wide. That kind of loading time, and the images act as a deterrent. But, from what I can see from this preview photo, it looks nice. Clean, accurate to the real cube, and all that. The interlocking surfaces idea is clever, too. I think though that the cube could maybe look even nicer in smooth plates, if that's possible, rather than studded ones. Overall, cool concept for a MOC, and executed well.

I'm actually going to transition myself over to Flickr from now on, that way I won't have to keep resizing my pics, plus the service works a lot better. But thanks for the comments and suggestion : D

It is an excellent MOC, an inspiration. Using this system i think your next model should be the Mata Nui stone, ive always wanted to see something like that

Mata Nui stone, SNOT? Oh yeah, doable. Though I may try something a bit more.. challenging. How about a studs-up Matoran bamboo disk? :P I'd just need to pick a mosaic for its center...

Now you just need to get a light bulb in there and see if it'll glow. :lol:You should try and make the pieces that fit over it to make a sphere, I forget what there called though.

The Nuva Symbols, and yeah they were discussed.

Woah! That is amazing! How long did it take you to make this? I once wanted to make a smaller version like this, but I never got around to it. Anyway, 10/10 Very detailed and accurate! Good job! t1ssig.png

Thanks for the comment : D Yeah, I've made a smaller version which was studs-up, it's based on Binkmeister's design, but this one is just more awesome to me. I've begun working at the City Blocks LEGO art studio again, so I expect I'll have more access to material over time. For now, I'm limited to whatever I can get my hands on.

bzpsig2015.png

Seems okay. Is it hollow on the inside? Also, great perspective (my Engineering Design teacher would love it! :P)! About how thick are the sides, and how much does it weigh?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

are you a wizard like seriously i just nostalgia'd all over my keyboard. its to scale, its accurate, its gonna be mine. great job. i offer five dollars.

That's over $30 in material alone :P Edited by Swert

bzpsig2015.png