• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Vekit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hello there, This kit is a project I have been working on recently.Update March 16, 2012! Almost everything. >_>

Posted Image

Link

C&C is appreciated.~Soran

Edited by Soran, Mar 16 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#2 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 395 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2012 - 12:51 PM

Looks good - But the shading is a bit strange to me, though it might just be my eyes. I'd suggest keeping the darker shades around the edges and indents, instead of what seems to be odd and end pixels in a shaded fashion.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

#3 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2012 - 12:56 PM

Looks good - But the shading is a bit strange to me, though it might just be my eyes. I'd suggest keeping the darker shades around the edges and indents, instead of what seems to be odd and end pixels in a shaded fashion.

That kind of shading is actually my style. Unlike other kit styles, I don't choose to make my style of sprites look entirely metallic. Examples of that are Chimoru and Rzmik. I choose to make my style of shading all over the place, but make it where you can still see the basic form of the body. And most of the darker shading is near the edges or key points of shadows. I try to make the shading define the body, unlike putting another border inside the body. Also the border is meant to show some key points of shadow/brightness as well, also giving more diversification to the body as a whole. Example: If you were in a dark room and you shown a light at the front of your body, your body's shading wouldnt be exactly the same on both sides, there will be some sides that are brighter and some that are darker, because we aren't exactly symmetrical on both sides. The kit is giving real life proportions to a tiny sprite.Thanks for the C&C~SoranNew Update!

Edited by Soran, Mar 12 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#4 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members

• 832 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 03:44 PM

Personally, I really like the shading you used in the kit. I also like the body style, although it is reminiscent of the rayg kit.

Edited by Malignus, Mar 14 2012 - 02:54 PM.

--:k::u::a::n:

kuanidcard.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#5 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 16 2012 - 02:45 PM

New update!Almost everything on there is new except for a few things. Running out of things to sprite now (Besides titans or Rahi).~Soran

#6 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm liking this. I don't know if I have any complaints. But it looks like a few other kits I've seen.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#7 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,831 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2012 - 03:23 AM

Definitely a great for posing and diverse kit. Only downside is it lacks plenty of accuracy (Most kits do, but this reminds me somewhat of Xaniskit, which I despise). Plenty of masks though, and the sprites are rather small. 7/10.

#8 Offline Kodrak

Kodrak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,618 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2012 - 02:55 PM

It looks so much like Rayg I thought you were copying them. But I noticed the difference. It's actually very, very good. I especially like the poses.Basically, it's Rayg + Nice poses + 'Soran touch'.

not autistic

#9 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2012 - 03:27 PM

@Kodrak: My idea was to give it a rayg feel, but also add my own things. The kit unlike Rayg's is more comical then animation/fighting. This is as far as this gets updated, I made this earlier last year, and I'm currently working on something else.~Soran

#10 Offline BlueFire

BlueFire
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hey Soran I noticed the link was down any chance you would put a new one up?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users