The Legend Of Runii

The Venom

runiilogo.pngDang. Couldn't make it to the contest.I swear if I had about one more day...Anyway, this is basically what I was going to enter into the Comics Contest #1.It is based in Metru-Nui, and has nothing to do with my main comic series, V.3.I worked too hard on this comic to let it go to waste, so, even though I missedthe deadline mid-way of wrapping some panels up, I decided to just finish it anyway.Because at the point it didn't seem to matter as much at the time,the speech bubbles probably won't look too fantastic.The comic may seem oddly paced in the beginning due to thetime frame I tried getting this comic done in.---The Comic---Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6Part 7Part 8Part 9Part 10Part 11---Epilogue---

This comic took me pretty much the entire month given to plan out a story, put together the sprites needed,plan ahead as to how the comics going to look in the end, edit lighting, edit this and that,custom sprite some things myself...And at the last minute, add the actual dialogue n stuff.The comic turned out to be 12 parts total,so I'll be posting them daily.Hope you guys enjoy it.-V-

Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Great work. So far, the comic is progressing along very well. The pacing seems good, and the premise seems interesting. The graphics are also very well done (as is the norm for your style of comics). Great initial comic for this 12-part "mini-series" of sorts....I like how I'm speaking as if I haven't already seen all 12 parts. :P-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

The Metru-Nui backgrounds were a pain to put together, so apologies for the low quality in that first panel.Part 2 of 12 is up. If you think you have it figured out now, you're far from it.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Part 3 of 12 is up.And yes, the Rorzakh are capable of doing that using their staff.-V-

Edited by The Venom

I like this one. Definitely would have been pretty high on my list of choices had it actually gotten into the contest. You seem to have a pretty mysterious story going on there; I'm wondering what's going on, like Bio. And I definitely empathize with the Metru Nui background thing; there aren't really many good ones so it isn't always easy to use them. You pulled it off pretty nicely, I think.

button.png

Thanks, guys. The graphics took a beating out of me to do,especially in the last 12 hours straight that I worked on half of this comic.Part 4 of 12 is up. May be the least graphically pleasing,but here's an advancement in the plot.-V-

Thanks, Maphrox. Part 6 of 12 is up.As a quick note, I spent 12 hours straight on the next six partsbefore missing the deadline for the contest. For this, I grew a headache that night,and I decided to finally add speech bubbles the next day, and finish the comic anyway.-V-

Edited by The Venom

Wow. It's... been a while.All I can say is... good job man. Your art style has really improved. Gripping story and great scene changes, it's a shame you couldn't get it into the contest...(also, sorry for being a #####)Oh cool, the extremely strict censorship is still around.

Edited by Meraceire

Need a poll made? Shoot me a message and I'll make one for you!

This is by far your best work Venom. The graphics are just stunning, and the story so far has me very eager for more. I really love how you've managed to play off of the story of Metru-Nui without it seeming forced. Lhikan's involvement in this seems somewhat strange to me personally, but it's not that big a deal. I really wish more people would recognize this after all the hard work you put in to it. Keep it up, and I am eager to see more!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

@Mera: Yeah, it's been a while. Welcome back. Past is the past.@Eljay: I'm glad you're so impressed with the comic. It really did turn out to be the hardest I've worked on a comic to date.I really appreciate the compliments and feedback.I was busy all day yesterday and couldn't update with another part.But I guess I kind of justified that by updating with two parts on Saturday. =PSo here's part 8 of 12.-V-

I'm really impressed by the graphical style of these comics. Your comics usually have good graphics, so it's nothing too revolutionary for your style, but it's still nice to see these hold up to your usual series. The plot, as I've told you before, is exceedingly well done. It hooks you and makes you want to see what happens next, which is always nice in plot-driven comics. And since this was designed for the contest... well, I think you would've had a great shot had you been able to enter.Great work.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Wow is all I can say about this, it is that amazing. Effects are nice but the story is wonderful.The explosion from part 8 was my favorite part.I cannot wait to see how this progresses.

Edited by Makuta of Comedy

If only you had known what horrible retribution your comment would rain down upon you.

Part 10 of 12 is up.Things are actually still unsettled.The comic is to be concluded tomorrow, with the last two parts.-V-

Happy Thursday everyone.Part 11 and Part 12 of 12 are up.Part 12 is linked as the epilogue of the comic.The mystery ends here, so I'd appreciate some more feedback on the most time consuming comic I've ever made.I put a ton of effort into it, and I thank you all for taking the time to read and post.-V-

Absolutely amazing series, Venom. I REALLY wish people would divert their attention from daily nonsense such as Gavla's comics and look at this. This was such a well written story and the ending was great. I didn't totally get it until the end, and it had be guessing the whole way through. I am really impressed at what you did here. I feel that you can do so much with this in the future. Also, great job tying it in with LoMN.Great job, Ven. Keep it up, and I hope to see more.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Excellent comic, overall, as I've told you before. The conclusion was very well done IMO, and as Eljay has stated, is extremely commendable because of the ties to LoMN. That, in itself, is a major plus for me. You should do more BIONICLE stories like this, yo.The graphics were top-notch, which, to reiterate, is no surprise. Such is the standard you've set for yourself, which is great.The story, in itself, was excellent. Plot twists aboiund left and right, straight up to the end, which is great. Fantastic comic, a shame you weren't able to enter the contest in the end. KUTGW 11/10-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Hated the whole thing. :PNaw, I'm kidding! The whole thing was pretty cute actually, and like a lot of people said, the graphics were really good too! ^^

Thanks Alena! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and post.

Absolutely amazing series, Venom. I REALLY wish people would divert their attention from daily nonsense such as Gavla's comics and look at this. This was such a well written story and the ending was great. I didn't totally get it until the end, and it had be guessing the whole way through. I am really impressed at what you did here. I feel that you can do so much with this in the future. Also, great job tying it in with LoMN.Great job, Ven. Keep it up, and I hope to see more.sig.png

I kinda have to agree. I put a lot of effort into this one, and I'd appreciate a bit more reception.Thanks a lot for the commendations, Eljay. I'm really glad you liked the comic.

Who called it!? I did.Well now I'm sad it is over, this was an excellent comic, different from anything on the forum today.I'm sure had you entered it into the actual contest you would've won.

Thanks MoC. I wanted to do something different with this comic,so it's nice to see you acknowledge that.

Excellent comic, overall, as I've told you before. The conclusion was very well done IMO, and as Eljay has stated, is extremely commendable because of the ties to LoMN. That, in itself, is a major plus for me. You should do more BIONICLE stories like this, yo.The graphics were top-notch, which, to reiterate, is no surprise. Such is the standard you've set for yourself, which is great.The story, in itself, was excellent. Plot twists aboiund left and right, straight up to the end, which is great.Fantastic comic, a shame you weren't able to enter the contest in the end.KUTGW 11/10-Mesonak

I really enjoyed planning out the story for this comic, so I may or may not do more completely BIONICLE-centered comics in the future.It's pretty new to me, but in the end, I think it came out really well. And hey, I love plot twists. They're my thing.Glad you enjoyed the comic, Meso.

This is very well shaped out. I loved the storyline, characters, and location!My favorite had to be the time when Runii was grinning.Where'd you come up with the name Runii, anyway?

Thank you! It took me some time to re-familiarize myself with Metru-Nui and the locations.(finding and making Metru-Nui backgrounds was a really large hassle)I got the name "Runii" from my childhood, when I made my first custom Toa (a Toa-Metru ironically) and the name I came up for was...Well, yeah. Runi. It just randomly popped in my head at the time, I guess. So I just added another ' i ' to it, and there we go.-V-

• 3 months later...

Wow. That was amazing. This is one of the greatest things that has come up in AW3 in a looong time. Not only were the graphics perfect (great cinematics), the plot was epic enough to keep me at the edge of my seat. This is incredibly well made. I only wish that you had made the series a little bit longer as certain parts could have easily had some extra detail into it which would add so much more to it. Not that anything was lacking, but when I had finished the series, I found myself asking for just a little bit more. Nevertheless, the quality is absolutely insane.My only quibble is that when Runii tried to convince Likhan that he was innocent, Likhan was a bit too fast to trust him. Same with the trial; it felt like it could have been longer. It was sort of just one counter-arguement by Likhan and the whole court prosecuted the onu-matoran. Then again, deadlines ruin everybody's day.9.5/10That was awesome

Majhost sucks

Oh, man, trust me. If it wasn't for that deadline, I would've put more depth into those parts.So yeah, I won't deny that it may look rushed. Cuz kinda it was. =PI'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Thank you very much for your feedback.-V-