• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

On The Return Of Von Nebula

Nebula 2013 Hero Factory

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 12:42 PM

So you guys saw the videos on the main site. Do you think he'll return, and if so, how? Next year maybe?-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,015 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 12:50 PM

The whole point of the Hero Factory story is to be episodic ... I didn't think it would include recycling villains as they recycle heroes.Is this a shift to a more overarching story, or is this a one-time thing? Or are they trying to find a compromise between the two?As far as a possibility of Von Nebula returning in set form, I think that's pretty slim. I don't want to discount the chances, though.

gart3banner.jpg

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,644 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 04:31 PM

I doubt we'll see Von Nebula as a set again unless he somehow "transforms"-- after all, TLG has learned time and time again that "re-releases" of older sets sell poorly.As for in story, the possibility of his return is curious and breaks from Hero Factory's typical storytelling style that never looks back on loose plot threads from previous years. But at the same time, it doesn't have to make the series too backstory-dependent. It's easy to imagine Von Nebula treated simply as "a villain from Stormer's past" just as in 2010 he was treated as "a rogue hero from Stormer's past". I don't expect any of his actions in the 2010 story to be incredibly relevant to his possible impact on future story.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#4 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 05:25 PM

It'd be cool to see him return, even though it might be awkward, in that he was sealed most securely in all of the Hero Factory. Chances of him returning in a set are slim to none in my opinion.
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#5 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,395 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'd love for them to make a Von Nebula set. I just hope that it's better that that rejected Makuta.

"NINJA GO!"

"Yeah Ninja go clean your room..."

#6 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,937 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 16 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm kind of indifferent to his return as a set, but he did have an interesting story.

webmaster.png

#7 Offline Onewa7

Onewa7
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 803 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2012 - 02:22 AM

HF's storyline is too simple to bring back old characters as part of a new adventure (more than just a cameo appearance) and thus connect single story arcs to each other like Bionicle. Which means I don't think he'll return. Unless HF's storyline is evolving. Anyway, I guess we don't have a chance to see a new Von Nebula set.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

#8 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,901 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 18 2012 - 01:49 PM

As long as it looks good and as long as there is a notable difference to the set from 2010 (an upgraded, larger body and perhaps another weapon), I am happy with a possible Von Nebula set.~Gata. ;)
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#9 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Mar 19 2012 - 05:59 PM

I think a Von Nebula set in 2013 is highly likely, given he appears to have been the brains behind the whole breakout saga. I reckon they can reintroduce him, keeping the episodic system they'd set up. The heroes just need to give a quick bit of exposition when he shows up, explaining how he was a big villain who recently broke out out of prison. That's all they really need to set him up as an intimidating villain (More than he was last time. Boosh.)

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#10 Offline Takua Nui of GoAnimate

Takua Nui of GoAnimate
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2012 - 12:55 PM

I had foretold the return of Von Nebula in the Breakout on the Lego.com message boards...but few listened. Until another topic was made on the subject. Oh well.Of course he's coming back! German version's been aired. I liked it a lot. Ich bin...lustig? Yes, that's how to say it.
Takua Nui
of
GoAnimate

#11 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,384 posts

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 10:15 PM

If he does return, I hope there will be another set released, similarly upgraded into the new style. Then, hopefully it can also come with tons of ball joints in black, like the red ones on Witch Doctor.~B~

Posted Image

#12 Online The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,198 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 08:08 AM

I think it would be cool if he did return, but overall it just doesn't seem likely to recycle a villian in Hero Factory.

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   14283430456_547b585d15_m.jpg

BBCC 68 entry: SCM-541: The White Viper                               July flickr Contest Entry: Tyrak, Toa of Light

If anyone wants to play Kid Icarus Uprising online, PM me for my friend code.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users