Greatest Mask Design

toatitan

Definitely the Hau, hence the choice for my avatar. :P It´s really the symbol of BIONICLE. I also like the Miru, the Kakama, the Kualsi, the Ignika and a few others, though.~Gata. ;)

Edited by One-Headed Janus

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

For me, it has to be one of the 2001 masks. There are so many designs from that year, both great and noble, that it's really quite impossible for me to choose. The Kakama and Miru were great, but so were the noble Mahiki and Ruru.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I've always been partial to the original Miru.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I could go with a lot of classic masks, but honestly I'd have to say the Ignika. It took LEGO a full year to settle on a design for it, and the one they finally used (starting in 2007 with the original Barraki video) is amazing. The way it integrates the motif of da Vinci's Vitruvian Man (and, as would later be revealed, the Great Spirit Mata Nui's actual form) with the facial structure typical of Kanohi is simply masterful.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would have to go with two of them. The original kakama and the original hau. They had the coolest designs in my opinion and both of them looked right.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

All of the original six masks (and those of the turaga too) were by far the best designs. they were simple and actually looked like masks rather than head pieces (which lots of the later masks looked like imo).I like this one though:Turaga_Matau.PNGIt's so ugly - but that's what makes it cool.

sigpic2.png

I've always like the look of Antroz's Kanohi Jutlin. Just the idea that Antroz warped a mask to fit his specific need and flavor speaks volumes about a Makuta's vanity and desire for power. It is also an "immoral" mask which Toa will not use. I think it's a pretty slick concept that there are some masks even Toa will not dare to use but Makuta are more than happy to abuse.But the best mask design is the Hau, hands down. Not only do most Bionicle fans think of it as the symbol for the entire line, but it has all the little details that make it work. The eye holes are some of the best Lego ever cut for a Bionicle mask and they make it immediately apparent what kind of personality Tahu has. A stoic but steadfast hero. The shape, slashes in the cheeks, mouth, and size really help to make the Hau look like a mask from a native tribe. It also has one of the best powers ever. Shielding is so utterly simple it works. The name is also another solid plus and rolls of the tongue in a satisfying way. Even in the story the mask is iconic being the symbol of Mata Nui. All these points come together to make the most well designed mask in Bionicle.EDIT: Come to think of it, I really like the Pakari too. I'm not going to go into why, though. :P

Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

• [*]All the original Mata masks[*]Vakama's Huna[*]Vahi[*]Jaller's Calix (Inika mask)

Too many good masks. =P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely fond of the Kraahkan, which is probably one of my favorite Kanohi. It captured the dark, villainous aspect of its wearer perfectly, with it sharp, hooked edges, and so on. Ortographobia also make a good case for the Ignika, so I'll list that one as a distant second.~B~

i will say i have a few i might consider my favorite design. The kanohi Kakama, The great version of nuju's mask, Jaller's kanohi arthron and Hewkii's kanohi garai since it is the only mask so far to have that design where it does not cover the whole head. i enjoy the stream like design of jaller's mask.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Lhikan's Hau, followed by Tahu's Hau, Tahu's adaptive Hau Nuva, and Tahu's original Hau Nuva.In other words, Hau in general.

Edited by Hau-Great Mask Of Armor

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

• 2 weeks later...