Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC:Nazareno couldn't help but overhear Garry and Fuchs talking. He walked over to the group."The Maelstrom something that can just be removed," Nazareno said. "It is an incredibly powerful and somewhat sentient force of evil. Although I hope there is a method to finish if off, I have doubt about the simplicity of it."There is one last hope, possibly. If I remember correctly, Dr. Cyborg could extract Maelstrom from bodies. We could try that when, and if, he returns from the temple. However, I fear that even that may not work. The Maelstrom may fight against such an extraction, but now it's the best and most likely hope."*****************************Minerva shivered. Despite the stuffy heat inside the temple, she occasionally felt a sudden burst of cold. She couldn't tell if anyone else felt the cold, so she assumed the Maelstrom was playing with her again.She remained calm, but she could feel that shield deteriorating quickly as the hallway seemed to go on forever. The hallway narrowing did not help her much. "How much farther?" she called to Dust, her voice cracking suddenly."Not much farther," Dust responded, clearly lost in thought. Minerva shuddered again and she continued, her shoulder rubbing against the wall. They seemed to be closing in on her more and more, trying to suffocate her. Crush her. She suddenly felt a hand touch her shoulder gentle. She jumped and turned to face whoever touched, bruising her shoulders against the wall."Who-" she looked and saw a Minifig that she knew was called Kat. Or at least, used to be called Kat. She wasn't sure who it was now."Are you alright?" the minifig formally known as Kat asked. "You are breathing rather heavily.""Oh," Minerva said, embarrassed. She didn't want to appear to already cracking to the Maelstrom's pressure. "I think I might be a bit claustrophobic. I feel like the walls are closing in on me.""Don't worry," the minifig said reassuringly. "The Maelstrom is most likely trying to break you. Making illusions to weaken your mental defenses. As long as this 'Dust' character remains trustworthy, there shouldn't be any immediate danger unless Stromlings suddenly appear. Which seems very likely at the moment, according to be synthfigs, despite Dust's denial."Minerva breathed out long, allowing herself to calm down. "Yeah," she said, slightly dazed. "You're right. Thanks Kat..." she drifted off. She still wasn't sure who this person actually was."Katerina Schattenberg," the minifig said, showing a small smile. "Best keep going. We are holding up the others." Minerva nodded and continued forward, feeling slightly better still had a sense of dread.OOC: Honestly, I have no idea how much Katerina's personality differs from Kat. Perhaps you could elaborate, Jackson Lake.Other than that, I feel like we are waiting for that guy to post to continue on into the temple, so this is more of just filler-posts.

IC: "Look," said Fuchs. "I see where you're coming from but the Maelstrom can't just be supernatural. The supernatural is just science we do not understand. Now theoretically I think that if we can find the source of what Maelstrom is still left in her and cut it off, it should at least buy us some time."

OOC: I'd join again, but I forget where the fudge I left Agent X....God I hate that name. I was young when I made it.Wait...Didn't I change his name to Zeke?If I were to come back, could I make a different character, instead of using my old one?

Edited by Zephyria

OOC:

I have no idea how much Katerina's personality differs from Kat. Perhaps you could elaborate, Jackson Lake

I've been meaning to write a bit from her perspective to try to get that across, but to be perfectly honest I'm still trying to work out the details myself. Essentially, she is Kat plus fifty or so extra years of life experience. More formal and authoritative, and also something of an elitist. Your post portrayed her as a bit too warm and friendly -- something Kat would have done -- but you did manage to portray her formal and analytical side.Bear in mind, the fact that ShadowTech was formed to fight the Maelstrom makes it no less of a Villain organization.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:

If I were to come back, could I make a different character, instead of using my old one?

It would be great to have you back again. And you are welcome to start anew with a new character; this has been done before with TakunuvaC01 and Toa Ling (although I'm surprised that Atton Rand has yet to switch primary character considering that Zenna is practically demoted to extra).IC: Rotor and Amanda Claw fought their way through the Stromlings surrounding them, with Rotor firing his machine gun and Amanda slashing with her knife. Rex, whose wheelchair was pushed along by Kate, helped them out by firing at whichever Stromling he could with his Sonic Screamer.The Stromling Explorers clawed and shot back at them, while the Stromling Islanders in the lead jabbed at them with the spears fused to their arms. However, in comparison to a Mutant T-Rex, the Stromlings were fairly easy to dispatch, and the Dino Attack agents pushed their way through the crowd. As soon as they broke free of the ring of Stromlings, Amanda took over the pushing duty from Kate as they ran down the hallway of the Temple of Creation. Only Rotor stopped briefly to turn around and fire at some pursuing Stromlings with his machine gun before moving on.As the group made its way through the Temple of Creation, Rex found himself in awe of the temple around them. The arched ceiling towered above them, with great pillars carved from stone reaching up to meet it. On either side of the hallway, they saw dark passageways leading off to other chambers, but it was too dark to see anything beyond the mist and fog that seemed to swirl all around them. Half-heard voices, thoughts, and ideas whispered in his ear, creating an ambiance that seemed to both lull and alert Rex.At last, they found themselves in an expansive chamber that seemed larger than the Aztec Village itself, with a ceiling that seemed to reach higher than Dino Attack Headquarters. The group stopped in silent awe. Before they could recover, their attention was drawn to a statue not far away from them. Without hesitation but rather with speechless incredulity, they slowly approached the statue.The statue was of a faded blue hue, and rather simplistic in design: three featureless Minifigs standing equidistant to each other, facing each other with their arms raised high. In the space between the three Minifigs, there was a bright blue orb. It was small, not much larger than Rex's hand, and it flickered as though threatening to go out, but its glowed brilliantly and cast blue light upon the statue and the Dino Attack agents.The closer they drew to the statue, the more they were filled with a peaceful bliss that calmed them and relaxed their nerves. Rex felt himself at peace, as though a great burden had been lifted from his shoulders. Amanda Claw, for the first time in so many years, felt as though everything was going to turn out right in the end. Rotor was filled with a feeling of an almost-nationalistic pride, the same feeling he got whenever he emerged victorious from a great battle. And Kate Bishop felt all her worries and fears leave her as a comforting warmth took their place."This is it," Rex whispered, unable to raise his voice any higher. "This is the Imagination.""It's so..." murmured Kate, "beautiful..." She was closest to the statue, and reached out towards the bright blue orb of Imagination."Careful. You may look, but you mustn't touch."Everyone froze instantly as the voice rang through the chamber. It echoed so greatly that it seemed to come from all sides, but slowly, everyone saw a figure emerge from the shadows and approach them.Rex's jaw dropped in disbelief. "You...?"*****Chompy the T-Rex looked bitterly upon the chaos and destruction he saw. Before him, a great battle was taking place, as the Dino Attack Team struggled to combat the forces of the Maelstrom in the form of a Stromling and Mutant Dino army.Beside him, his female companion's nostrils flared. "This place stinks of those abominations," she growled. "It goes against my every instinct to even stand here.""We have to," sighed Chompy. "Dino Attack Team is clearly losing this battle, and we must make sure that they can survive long enough against the Maelstrom to bring an end to the Mutant Dinos."The female T-Rex groaned. "And what use is it, just two of our kind up against the Maelstrom?""Every raindrop raises the sea," murmured Chompy quietly.The female T-Rex blinked in surprise and turned to look at Chompy. "That's from a story that our alpha always told us when we were hatchlings. I'm surprised you still remember that, after... well, you know."Chompy made some deep noises that were roughly equivalent to chuckling. "We were separated as hatchlings, sister. I am glad to meet you one more time before we die fighting side-by-side to protect our alpha's home and family."With that, the two T-Rexes roared and then charged into battle, joining the Dino Attack Team in their battle for the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins.OOC: ... and in case you couldn't figure it out, the fact that Chompy and his sister were "speaking" in italics indicates that they were speaking in dinosaur language that was translated for the reader's convenience.

OOC: I'll bear that in mind the next time I write anything involving Katerina.IC:Zach paced around the chamber, slightly irritated. Ahua had left momentarily to check on the status of the battle, leaving him alone in the temple. Almost as soon as Ahua left, Zach decided to see exactly who had entered the temple. He swirled the Maelstrom pool in the chamber into a screen that was spying on the agents. Right now, they were walking through a passageway that lead to a large chamber.Dust was the first minifig he noticed. Zach was really the surprised. He knew the temple and even though the team distrusted him, he was their best option. Without him, Zach soon realized, the other agents would be dead. Zach held a high level of hate toward the agent and intended to kill him if he got the chance.Next he saw was Commander Carl Lutsky. Zach smirked at Lutsky's somewhat-disarray hair. Zach hated Lutsky as well. He was loud, annoying, and just a terrible commander in general. He, in Zach opinion, could not managed to bring the Dino Attack to the Maelstrom Temple in the fashion that Semick did. Zach would also like to end Lutsky's life himself.He soon spotted an Ogel Drone with the group. Zach raised an eyebrow with interest. He was pretty sure Ogel was not on the island. He quickly came to the conclusion that the drone was the one called Septimus. Zach would be interested to meet such a peculiar drone, but alas, the meeting would never take place in Zach's current state.He was more interested to see Lance Williams, the surfer, in their group. Zach wasn't aware that the surfer had joined the Dino Attack, most likely indicated he was not as prominent at fight dinosaurs as he was surfing. Zach shrugged Lance off, seeing him as mere cannon fodder.He rolled his eyes as he noticed Dr. Cyborg among their number. He had discovered that Cyborg had sent some sort of message to him about trash-talking that he disregarded. As evidenced in the battlefield, Dr. Cyborg could be an extremely dangerous opponent to the Maelstrom with his abilities to extract the dark power from bodies. Zach was somewhat interested in seeing how this power held up against actually organic beings such as himself, Colonel, or Ahua compared to the pure Maelstrom Stromlings on the battlefield. However, he wasn't interested enough to actually send himself or the other commanding Stromlings to him. Dr. Cyborg's apparent immunity to the Maelstrom also meant he would have to be killed as opposed to corruption.What was most interesting was a woman walking with them. She was flanked by four men and they were all wearing black. The four men all resembled that Inferno agent Loop that Zach encountered during the battle of the camp. Zach soon recognized the woman as Kat. Zach frowned. Didn't Kat get killed by Loop? Wasn't she now a sentient T-1 Typhoon? Zach wasn't sure. What he was sure was that this 'Kat' and these Loop-clones needed to killed. Soon.Then he saw Andrew. And after him, Minerva. Zach smirked. He knew exactly why they were here. They were acting on Minifig!Zach's 'plan'. Find Zach in the Maelstrom Temple and somehow 'save' him from the Maelstrom. Zach scoffed. He had to admit, the two were bold heading into the Maelstrom Temple on the directions a Minifig trapped inside his mind. However, they would only suffer in the end.He truly could not fathom why Andrew and Minerva were risking their lives to save him. He only knew Andrew from LEGO Island and rarely communicated him in the last eighteen years. As he thought about more and more, he barely even knew Minerva. He had communicated with her only a few times. They fought together once and that was it.And then she had saved him from Mutant Dinos during the village and XERRD guards in the fortress. In the case of the latter, Zach could detect her feelings toward him rather clearly. Her brother Oswald could see it as well. She needs to learn make her feelings less apparent, Zach noted. I wonder why she continues like this. I...he is gone and yet she is willing to die to save me...him? Zach shrugged. It didn't matter. If the Maelstrom stayed true to its word, she would be joining him soon enough. He couldn't deny his own feelings in the matter...

OOC: Okay, so we're getting to the big point.By the way, would someone remind me what's happening with the pilots. I wouldn't mind doing an IC focused on Mac, Cabin, and George at some point. I'm just going to need to know where they are and what they'd be doing.IC: A loud BANG echoed through the desert as Clint and Maria rode to the edge of town on horseback. Harmonica's music played close behind."'Listen, Clint," Maria said. "You sure it's a good idear that I wait out here with ya?""Yeah," replied Clint, lighting a cigar. "When Van Cleef's posse comes you're going to join us.""Yeah," replied Maria. "You forget one li'l detail. In case ya haven't noticed I'm a woman.""So?""You've seen how 'em boys are," replied Maria. "If anyone sees a women wearin' men's clothing they ain't goin' to want to listen to ya.""I know," replied Clint. "We'll figure something out."

OOC: Now if I WERE to start with a new character, I've kinda got him all planned, Would he basically be a recruit, or could he be skipped ahead to Normal agent?EDIT: Also, do any of you guys remember me?

Edited by Zephyria

OOC: If it's not rude saying, or not too late, and if this one website PeabodySam and I are both on is accurate, today has been PeabodySam's birthday! Happy birthday, buddy! I would've made a commerative photo, but I still lack a camera for use in real life.How long have you been kicking now, 104 years or something? Regardless, I hope you had a good day.

By the way, would someone remind me what's happening with the pilots. I wouldn't mind doing an IC focused on Mac, Cabin, and George at some point. I'm just going to need to know where they are and what they'd be doing.

They'd mostly likely be in the air, if they were pilots. Feel free to write in them being present in T-1s.IC post later. Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC:

It would be great to have you back again. And you are welcome to start anew with a new character; this has been done before with TakunuvaC01 and Toa Ling (although I'm surprised that Atton Rand has yet to switch primary character considering that Zenna is practically demoted to extra).

Almost permanently injured extra, at that. Funny you should mention character switching, incidentally; I'm home for the weekend, and I started looking through the IC drafts I wrote last summer on my old computer. It seems I had at that point intended to kill off Hotwire and make Tracer my primary character, intentions which I completely forgot as the months passed. How odd that I should switch them around so precisely, especially as Tracer's death was a spur-of-the-moment idea :P

Zach soon recognized the woman as Kat.

Actually I don't think he could have done that, since Kat was killed during the Lego Island mission and therefore was already disembodied when Zach joined. This would be the first time he has seen her in the flesh....What? Artificially grown flesh still counts as flesh. :PIC: Loop fell into a rhythm of aiming, firing, aiming, firing, at any pterosaur that came within range of his Sonic Screamers. He felt...odd. Calm on the outside, completely compliant with all orders he receieved, but somewhere deep in his mind, he could still feel him anger and resentment burning. The return of Executive Schattenberg was especially irksome to this part of his mind. Looking at the matter rationally, he had to admit that he really hadn't known what he was doing when he impulsively exposed himself to the Maelstrom in the wreckage of the Founder's Island; he simply knew somehow that it was necessary. It was only Katerina who was able to tell him what his purpose was. For that, he was devoted to her.And despised her, with every one of the few fibers of his being that remained free.The way she so casually disparaged Agent Cane was what incensed Loop the most. The man who taught him everything he knew, an incompetent fool? Impossible. It was Canis Schattenberg who gave Loop his purpose, not the man's pretentious aunt. At that moment, Loop vowed to himself to overcome the psychological conditioning that kept him obedient to Katerina and the DA team. He paused in his thoughts and glanced around towards the forward cockpits of the Talon, where Hotwire was piloting the craft. And I think I know who my first victim will be.------------------------Hotwire had other things on his mind. The autopilot had been knocked out at some point -- probably during the rough landing which had marked their arrival on the island -- but of course this had gone unnoticed, since Kat had still been inhabiting the flight computers And now the pain in his leg was becoming almost intolerable. No painkillers, I lose my concentration and crash this boat of a chopper...extra painkillers, and I lose my motor skills and crash. Either way I lose, so I suppose I may as well lose relatively painlessly. With that, he stabbed the tube of pain suppressant into his thigh.He looked up again to see a pterosaur flying directly towards the Talon. Suddenly, it was struck in the side by a missile and plunged towards the ground in a blossom of flame. Did I just...? No, Hotwire was sure he had not fired. And yet it was out of range of the other T-1s, which were behind the Talon relative to where the late pterasaur had been.The answer came moments later, as three Agents supersonic jets flying in tight formation came screaming down from above. They then split apart, drawing the attention of several more pterosaurs. Simultaneously, a new voice broke over the open comm channel."This is ADO Captain Osprey, calling Dino Attack. Have brought backup. Six jets and three Aerial Defense Units."Hertz was the first to respond. "Much appreciated. We didn't expect any reinforcements at all.""We've been picking up a considerable increase in activity around this island on our satellites for the past few days." Osprey explained, "and I, along with DA agent Helm, managed to get clearance to bring a squad here. Sorry if we're late." Hotwire couldn't help but grin at this latest announcement; he hadn't seen Helmie since the aftermath of the Goo Caverns mission. And despite the Agents' classic barging-in act, he couldn't help but be grateful for the reinforcements. A similar sentiment ran through all the DA forces in the air."Our jets can engage the mutant pterosaurs," Osprey continued. "You'll then be able to provide more support for your forces on the ground."OOC: I spent a few hours looking through the old topic to find out where I had left Helmie and Osprey. Turns out the last thing Helmie did was excitedly meet JunkBot xD Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I suppose I should have said something along the lines of:

Zach soon recognized the woman as Kat from images he had seen on the database.

Since that is basically what I meant.Speaking of Agents, I did intend to introduce one Agent character eventually. Perhaps I'll use this reinforcement thing to my advantage and introduce him.

OOC: Well, that makes me feel a bit better about bringing in an entire non-Dino Attack group just to reintroduce two of my minor NPCs :PAs for Kat, touche.Also, happy slightly late birthday PeabodySam!

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: The Fire Hammer was soon rescued from it's precarious position, and David entered the battle once again. It appeared that the first group of Dino Attack agents had entered the temple. David wished he could be with them, but he was sure he would get his chance. For now though, he could make himself useful in fighting the remaining Mutant Dinosaurs outside the temple.

And kudos IO. You're a pretty sharp kid to understand all that at 9.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

-Signature Under Construction-

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

LEGO Universe; October 8th 2010, to January 31st 2012

Almost permanently injured extra, at that. Funny you should mention character switching, incidentally; I'm home for the weekend, and I started looking through the IC drafts I wrote last summer on my old computer. It seems I had at that point intended to kill off Hotwire and make Tracer my primary character, intentions which I completely forgot as the months passed. How odd that I should switch them around so precisely, especially as Tracer's death was a spur-of-the-moment idea :P

OOC: I remember I'd actually toyed with a few ideas for what to do with Zenna after she took that bullet at the fortress, that included having her die of blood loss. I only threw in the bit about her losing her arm because That Guy went and brought her back suddenly and I didn't want to make it seem like she'd miraculously made a perfect recovery.

OoC:Here I are! I apologize for my lack of regular posting. My mom's computer died so she had to use my lately. On top of that I've been really busy studying for the ACT and school is really chaotic right now.I did make an effort to find where agent X was but I needed to find Zephyira's old user name before I could look threw her old posts. Once i did there was so much CoT stuff that finding a few Dino Attack posts was impossible.I would recomened you just reboot X to the outpost of the temple. Agents where ordered to return so it's understandible X would be with them.IC:The narrow and perfectly strait tunnel created the allusion of incredible distance. Dust could tell the team was getting restless and he expected they would be emerging soon.Then suddenly they were out. The dark and claustrophobic tunnel magically gave way to a large bright room. A cool, thick white mist filled the room; the dour on the other side was only faintly visible and the ceiling was completely covered by the clouds.The eleven agents filed out of the small tunnel and lined up against the wall. The vast empty room was unsettling after the enclosed space and the lack of visibility caused by the vapor made the team feel vulnerable.Katerina and Doctor Cybrog came up to Dust.“There are stromlings up ahead.” Said Katerina. “At least a dozen.”“My scanners indicate there is a cluster in the next room.” Agreed Cybrog. “Not pure- most likely stromling mummies. There is something much bigger too”Dust nodded but did not step away from the wall. “We can deal with them in a moment first we have to get to that doorway.” He pointed to the large double doors on the far side of the room.“This is the antechamber to the main sanctuary. Once we pass threw we’re only have one more chamber to get past.”“Do you know how?” asked Andrew“The documents I found in Egypt indicated there where hieroglyphs on the walls.” Said Dust. “They gave directions on safe passage threw the room.” He looked around the chamber and frowned.“But I was not expecting there would be this level of visibility. I can’t see the glyphs well enough to be much help I’m afraid.”“We might just have to do this the old fashion way then.” Muttered Lutsky. The former commander unsoldered his gun and stepped boldly into the room.Nothing happened.Andrew raised an eyebrow at Dust. “Should we be concerned?”He shrugged. “Well you know me and Lutsky are not so-”“Not what I meant.” Cut in Andrew. “What do we have to look out for?”“Pendulums.” Said Dust. “There is a very careful route we must travel to get threw this room. I’m we’re not careful a large hammer could swing down from above and smash us to bits. It looks like Carl has the right idea.”Lutksy was now halfway into the chamber.“He certainly is a lucky fellow ‘ant he.” Said Minerva.Dust passes along the wall trying in vain to see the hieroglyphs on the walls “I wish I could be more help but I really can do nothing about the mist.”“You said you knew this temple like the back of your hand!” Said Docter Cyborg. “And you don’t care who helpful you are!”He glared at the doctor with cold eyes. “I said I had studied the blueprints and had knowledge of the essential archeology.” Shot back Dust. “I told Rockford there would be surprises, you just have to accept that and trust me!”Doctor Cybrog frowned and headed blindly into the room. Moving slowly, he walked with tentative steps as if it where a minefield. The rest of the team could watch as he marched blindly into the unknown.Cybrog put his foot down on one of the thousands of inconspicuous stones. There was a shift in weight and immediately a massive stone brick swung down on a chain from the ceiling. He jumped aside and the block slammed threw the place where he just stood.It continued along it path and reached the end of its arc about 20 feet above the floor. Then, it fell down to the floor again and Docter Cyborg had to roll a second time to avoid the pendulum as it came back down.“Well that should give you a pretty good Idea.” Said Septimus. The drone followed Cybrog into the chamber. The rest of the team quietly followed.Dust glanced at Andrew. “I admire their bravery”The Elite agent smiled. “Oh Dust, after all the time you’ve been with us your just staring to see it.”He shrugged and steeped aside. “After you.”Andrew rolled his eyes and stepped forward after the other agents working their way across the chamber. One of the Loops had triggered a pendulum and the Elite agent had to quickly duck to avoid its deadly downward swing.Dust took up the rear. All across the room similar mistakes where taking place, Lance Williams had opted to simply run blindly across the room and had trigged half of the deadly bricks.Soon the enter chamber was filled with the swinging pendulums and they all had to move fast to avoid them.Andrew walked with precision to avoid the traps but the thick mist hampered how much he could see. Behind him one of the weights came crashing down and the elite agent was oblivious.Dust saw it first. He ran across the chamber with as much speed as he could muster and knocked Andrew to the ground. The massive pendulum sallied over there heads the moment they hit the ground.Andrew looked shocked. “You saved me.”Dust did not know how to respond. Unlike his earlier rescues where he had acted only to gain the D.As trust this had been pure instinct.The Egyptian rolled aside and brushed the dust from his poncho. He said nothing and continued into the room.OoC:In case any of you are wondering , there is only one more room to get past before we reach the Mealstrom chamber. I'm planing to give you guys some stromlings to fight since the temple has lacked some real battles up to this point.I brought Lance Williams with me so Atton would have a chance to play in the temple. But if he's not going to use him I'm temped to just kill him of. In less of course Atton has plains.Jackson, do you have plains for the Loop clones or should I treat them as redshirts?

That is all

OOC: I'd say its just about time to get the gears turning then.IC:Captain Thaddeus Brickhouse grinned from behind the controls of an Agents Aerial Defense Unit. He and the rest of the Agents had been waiting around long enough, it was time to fight yet again.Thaddeus was an older gentlemen, nearing his fiftieth birthday. He had brown, but graying, short hair and neatly cut beard. Small, round rimmed glasses were placed on his nose. Despite his age, Thaddeus still acted as if he was in the prime of his youth.He had joined with the Agents Defense Organization when it first formed in 2008. He became one the Agents' best fighters and pilots. He had been, more or less, a hot shot two years ago and had been rather arrogant in conflicts both dealing with Dr. Inferno and the Alpha Team. However, he had mellowed out dramatically by the end of 2009 and now in 2010, he saw the once, fiercely-bitter rivalry between the Alpha Team had been counterproductive toward both teams.And so here he was now, flying with the Dino Attack Team against a massive swarm of Mutant Pterosaurs. When Captain Osprey had requested Agents to assist him in his plan, Thaddeus had been the first to sign up, anxious to leave the cozy confines of the Agents Headquarters to see some action.He fired a missile at a passing Mutant Pterosaur. The Dino Attack Team had graciously allowed the Agents to add on Dino Attack weapons to their vehicles to be more efficient against the Mutant Dinos. These Aerial Defense Units and Supersonic Jets were armed to the teeth with Agent weaponry and Dino Attack weaponry, a force to be reckoned with.Thaddeus glanced down at the battle below him, Mutant Dinos swarmed into the designated battlefield. Nothing new to him. What was new was the strange purple minifigs below attacking Dino Attack Agents and their vehicles. He shuddered. The infamous Stromlings I keep hearing about. Luckily, they seemed to be a rather weak and were an easy target for the Dino Attack Agents.I feel sorry for any poor soul who has become one of those beasts.***************************************Colonel watched the battle from the temple The battle was rather even. The Maelstrom-loyal Mutant Dinos manage to kill several agents and smash up some vehicles. However, the Dino Attack Team was facing a common enemy at this point, despite it's Maelstrom boost. They were making quick work of the Mutant Dinos.However, things seemed to be turning the direction of the Dino Attack. The Agents Defense Organization has begun providing reinforcements in the air, allow the T-1 Typhoons to turn their weapons on the battlefield below. Colonel also wasn't sure where the other Hybrids were. All he knew was that Navi had been killed trying to hijack a T-1.Colonel turned his glance and grinned. A single Hybrid was fighting a woman with a staff. He aimed his Sonic Screamer at her and prepared to fire when a large green blast struck behind the woman, throwing at the Hybrid. The Hybrid hit the ground and watched as the woman slid into the ground several yards away.Colonel raised an eyebrow. "What it the meaning of this?" He looked up toward the skies. The T-1 Typhoons were concentrating their firepower on the battlefield. Was this an accident? Or maybe... Colonel hobbled over the ruined Samurai armor lying on the ground. Colonel wrapped his Sonic Screamer underneath the dead Hybrid's arm and dragged it to the Maelstrom Temple. He then pulled off the helmet. He grinned. Things were looking up indeed.***************************************Minerva hit ducked as another massive weight swung over her head. I didn't quite expect this. She thought. She had given up on cautiously trekking through this hallway. She only wished to survive.Another pendulum swung before her. She held her breath as it swung dangerous close to her. This was a million times worse than claustrophobic, Maelstrom-reinforced illusions. She looked ahead. The mist clouded hindered her vision, but she could spot Dr. Cyborg and Septimus ahead of her. Minerva quickly ran on her toes to them, dodging another swinging death trap on the way.Cyborg and Septimus were managing to carefully step and dodge the pendulums that flew out them. She admired the patience, but she couldn't imagine that helping them for much longer. She was about to simply start running across in a similar fashion to Lance Williams but stopped as she saw Andrew walking through the storm of hammers. Minerva wanted to stay close to him, so she ran toward him."Hey!" she called out to Andrew. He glanced back quickly and kept moving forward. She slowed down to his pace and stayed behind him."Watch my back and I'll watch yours," Andrew muttered. Minerva nodded. Andrew suddenly seized his advance, causing Minerva to bump into him. A pendulum swung in front of him menacingly."Warn me before you do that!" Minerva hissed. Andrew nodded his head and continued forward, Minerva close behind. They were nearing the end of this deathtrap. She could feeling it.The two dodged pendulum after pendulum, crushing death after crushing death. Minerva' confidence began to grow until she stepped on a single stone. It sunk into the ground quickly. Minerva prepared to duck when the floor suddenly opened up beneath her."Andrew!" she screamed. She grabbed his shoulder and pulled him down into the pit. As they both cleared the floor and fell into a slide, the trap door shut itself, trapping both Minerva and Andrew on a slide of darkness.OOC: The trap door is locked now, so no hope in trying to follow them. Andrewnuva199, if you post using Andrew, don't advance the plot too much. Just think of a seemingly endless slide. However, if you do decide to end the slide, don't describe the room they end up in.

I brought Lance Williams with me so Atton would have a chance to play in the temple. But if he's not going to use him I'm temped to just kill him of. In less of course Atton has plains.

OOC: I understand why you did that. The trouble is between this, school projects, and the various screenplays I'm writing it's very hard to focus whenever I am writing this part. I'd like to get involved with the final battle. I really would. It's just that I honestly have no idea what to write for anyone.On the one hand, we have the people in the temple. I'd like to get a good post focused on Lance, it's just that I'm currently having a hard time keeping up making it hard to keep track of what's going on. At this point all I can think of to say is "Lance Williams drew his rifle and fired at the Stromlings".Now on the other hand I could write something about the pilots, but I have no idea what's going on with them either. In fact, to be totally honest I'm not sure just what exactly is going on with this battle at all. Up until now I've just been trying to get by through focusing on the sidestories that I could write at my own pace, but if someone can just give me a recap, than maybe, just maybe I can catch up.

OoC:Well I'll probably be using Lance more anyway. I was planing to have Andrew play a relativity prominent role in my next few posts but with him and Minerva gone I'll probably have Lance Williams or Doctor Cybrog take his place.

OOC: Sounds good. I'll try my best to keep up and if I find anything worth writing I'll make a post.

OOC:I leave for a couple of days, and Dr. Cyborg gets into trouble. Brikman, what happened to Kara, and why was she fired upon?And that guy, Doc Cy wouldn't get mad at Dust and yell. He would just get curious/suspicious.IC:One step, two step, three step, stop! Dr. Cyborg found a pattern for this part of the room.He heard a cry and turned around. Andrew and Minerva fell through a hole in the floor. He decided to try to help when he heard a whistle and thought, Oh, no! The count! I waited too long! He tried to move out of the way, but too late. The hammer swung, hit him in the chest, and knocked him into the wall with great force. He got up, and realized, there wasn't a dent in his armor. "I'm okay," he called. "Not a dent. Whoever rebuilt me used some great metal alloy!"He continued using his strategy.OOC:PeaSam, I'm not leading up to the backstory I mentioned, I'm just establishing the strength of his armor. I've always imagined him like that.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:

Jackson, do you have plains for the Loop clones or should I treat them as redshirts?

Feel free to kill some if you want, just not all of them.IC: The pain in Hotwire's leg faded quickly, but at the same time he realized he was beginning to feel slightly dizzy. Now why in znap did I think that another dose would be a good idea? he thought, berating himself slightly. He then announced over the open comm, "This is the Talon. I have a bit of a situation here and I need to set down before it worsens."Semick responded, "What exactly is going on, Hotwire?""Well, to be honest," Hotwire said, "I think I may have just taken a bit too much painkiller for my severed leg. I'd like to land just in case I start losing my motor skills." He began angling the [i[Talon[/i] downward and away from the battle."What is the size of your crew?" Osprey inquired."It's just me and a gunner, and he can't fly.""If you can find a place to land, I can send over some personnel to give you a hand," Osprey offered.Grateful, Hotwire steered the T-1 to a corner of the temple grounds where the battle raged less fiercely. One of the Agents helicopters swooped over to his location, and three minifigs dropped to the ground and sprinted over to the Talon. The first was a young woman in an ADO uniform who introduced herself as Phoenix. The second was another Agent, calling himself Cyrus. The third wore a Dino Attack uniform and bore dark, scruffy facial hair. Hotwire grinned at this arrival."Agent Helm, I presume?"The former mariner grinned back as he climbed aboard the T-1. "Agent Hotwire. How've you been holding up, lad?"Hotwire glanced at his prosthetic leg and shrugged as he strapped himself in by the sensor arrays in the midsection. Phoenix and Cyrus manned the forward cockpits, and soon the Talon was in the air again. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: "I have an idea," replied Garry. "I don't like it but at this point I think it might be worth taking a chance.""What's your plan?" Fuchs asked nervously."Those prisoners that were brought in earlier," replied Garry. "One of them was a scientist, probably one who had experimented with the Maelstrom. I don't want to let a XERRD member in here but at this point if we want results quickly I think it's worth the risk."

IC: Two Cosmotronic Rays were stored just inside the Talon's side doors; a thoughtful touch from Katerina and the Loops, no doubt. Hotwire and Helm both grabbed one and swiveled their seats away from the sensor/comm desk to aim out the doors as Phoenix and Cyrus swung the T-1 down about fifty feet above the battlefield."So how was Antarctica?" asked Hotwire, as he aimed a burst at a raptor that was menacing several Steel Sprinters."Cold," Helm replied. "But interesting, to say the least. To have the cold mutants on one side, rioting civilians on the other, and ticked-off Agents coming at us from the middle...well, I'm just glad we made it through that in one piece. OH, and I met JunkBot. How was Lego Island?"

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Alright, I've procrastinated this long enough. It's time to make a post focuse on our pilots and... oh Znap it, let's go bowling.IC: "SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!" Walter shouted for the 1000th time this match before he slowly got up and worked his way to the alley."You ever tried bowling?" Sarah asked."Nah," replied Pierce. "I was never very good at it.""Oh come on," replied Sarah. She grabbed Pierce's hand and tried to pull him out of his seat,""No," replied Pierce. "I really couldn't. My leg, you see-""Öh, you'll be fine.""It''s easy," said Donnie keenly. "You just have to keep your hand straight.""SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!" Walter shouted as he came back. "What did I miss?""Sarah's trying to get her ex-boyfriend to bowl," replied Dude.Pierce finally started to stand on his leg, grabbing his crutch as he got up. "Come on now," Sarah said as she led him onto the alley. She placed a bowling ball in his hand, and he rolled, knocking down several pins.OOC: Okay, next Antarctica post, we're going to see Pierce and Sarah doing something that isn't bowling.IC: Angel Eyes raised his gun into the air and fired several shots above as he rode into El Paso. One by one the various townspeople emerged from the banks, the shops, a few from the saloon along with another waitress."Alright boys," Angel Eyes said keenly. "We need men. I've got orders to oranize a posse of the finest men we got 'ere in town. Anyone who can shoot will accompany me to Fort Legorado and if we survive this endeavour we will split any money found within."The townspeople stood silently, looking in fear. Angel Eyes dismounted, looking around as he slowly approached the tavern. The only sound was that of his spurs as he walked up the stairs and through the saloon doors. There he walked toward the counter and reached over, pulling out the familiar face of Flatfoot Thomsen."I want you," Angel Eyes said. "Did you not hear me outside.""Änd what if I refuse?" Thomsen replied nervously. Angel Eyes promptly cocked his pistol and held in front of Thomsen's head."Alright," replied Thomsen. Angel Eye through him back to his side of the counter, Thomsen slowly got up."I want you to have a horse ready in five minutes," Angel Eyes said sternly. "Oh, and remember to bring 'em boys with you.""If I don't?""Well," replied Angel Eyes, fiddling with his gun. "It'd be a shame if they were to, uh... accidently be killed by a stray bullet.""Alright," replied Thomsen, nervously standing up and starting to walk out. "I'm a-goin' to get my horses. What's next? Did that stupid woman run off with you as well?"Angel Eyes could only smile as he watched Thomsen run outside.OOC: You know, out of curiosity, where exactly were the characters in the Wild West line given actual names? I mean I only know Thomsen's because of a Wanted poster that came in one set. I'm just curious where the names of his gang and the sheriff were mentioned.Okay, for reals this time, something actually relevant to the events at hand.IC: "What's going on over there?" Mac asked as he looked at the Talon."I don't know," replied Cabin over the radio. "Whatever happened with the Talon they're back in the air now."

IC:The Three Jets where capable of a much higher altitude that of a Mutant Pterosaur. The powerful missals shot down and consumed the monsters in a fiery inferno.In the center of the action was the Renaissance and Semick’s Typhoon. Around them revolved the Talon and the other helicopters that provided air support to the forces below.Inside Hertz had been order to manage the Renaissance’s unique patrol anal turret located beneath the tail. Unlike other Typhoon’s the Renaissance had missal launchers and extra weaponry to cover it’s otherwise blind spots.Hertz had never been much of a fighter. To his knowledge he had only held a gun twice, and neater time had he fired one. He had little experience with heavy weaponry like the powerful blaster he was using but since there was no one else to man it was up to him to cover the crafts belly.Below him a raptor charged and jumped at the Renaissance. Hertz was amazed at how high its powerful legs could carry it. He fired at the raptor but the shots had little effect on the mutant’s force field. With it’s long arms it was able to cling to the underside of the craft and bring it down.The Renaissance rapidly began to loose altitude and by the time Hertz was able to dislodge the mutant the craft was only a few dozen feet of the ground.As the Raptor hit the ground the Renaissance lurched and Fate and Lucky struggled to control it the spinning craft as it suddenly lost weight.It cruised low to the ground and almost and Hertz squeezed his eyes shut as it careened toward the trees. Fate was able to regain control of the craft second before impact and it again started to ascend.Hertz exhaled as the helicopter started flying smoothly again. Just as they started to reach an optimum level a blast hit it from the side.Hertz saw smoke billow from the port side of the Renaissance and new they where hit badly by a T-rex lazar blast.“Get us higher!” yelled Hertz into the radio.Lucky screamed. “We can’t! The dang mutant hit our engine we can go higher than a few stories!”Behind him, Hertz could see the bright red Mutant T-red emerge from the jungle and follow the Renaissance as it flew to around the side of the temple.OoC:I’ll be doing a Dust next. Hopefully I’ll be moving out of the pendulum room so if anyone wants to add anything now would be the time

That is all

IC: "Guys," said Mac. "This might be just me but it looks as though the Renaissance is in trouble. Looks like a mutant T-Rex approaching."Cabin was quick to act. She brought the T-1 to a lower altitued where their comrades were stranded. With a flip of a switch, she launched a rocket towards the large tyranosaurus.

OOC: All in good time, avmatoran. The ground was shot near Kara's feet, throwing her away from the Hybrid. The blast, however...IC:Thaddeus Brickhouse turned his helicopter and saw a Mutant T-Rex harassing one of the Dino Attack's helicopters. He noted that the helicopter was a T-2 Typhoon, one that the Agents helped construct. He began to follow the Mutant T-Rex, firing his weapons quickly.**********************************Colonel grinned again as he glanced down at the Samurai armor. Colonel had expected to find the ruined body of Navi. However, he found a Minifig body with much of the flesh missing from its face. Hybrids are carnivorous. Colonel noted. He glanced back up at T-1 Typhoon he had attempted to hijack. It was firing down below at Mutant Dinos, but occasionally a blast seemed to intentionally stray toward Dino Attack Agents on the ground.Navi? Colonel reached out. He heard a dark hiss in his head. Colonel smiled wide. Navi was still alive and now the Maelstrom had a T-1 Typhoon in addition to its fleet of Mutant Pterosaurs. Things couldn't being going any better. **********************************"The Renaissance needs back-up!" Vinyaya barked into the radio, glancing out of the window at the approaching Mutant T-Rex. "Lucky, Fate! Get that Voltaic Launcher up and start firing!" She leaned out of the stumbling T-2 Typhoon and started firing at the Mutant T-Rex, which roared angrily.Her message seemed to get out. An ADO-issued Aerial Defense Unit and another T-1 Typhoon turned their attention toward the Mutant T-Rex. It was being peppered with shots and wouldn't last much longer.Suddenly, a green explosion rocked the Renaissance fiercely. Vinyaya stumbled and felt herself falling out of the Typhoon. She gasped as she attempted to grab the edge of the Typhoon. However, her grip slipped and she fell completely out of the T-2 Typhoon. Commander Vinyaya fell, accepting her fate as she dropped.**********************************Minerva did not waste energy screaming. She and Andrew tumbled down the slide, no clear way to escape. She just closed her eyes and hoped for the best.Minerva and Andrew were cursed in that they had to go down head first. They had no warning of what was ahead, which caused Minerva's stomach to churn. The slide twisted and turned and showed no clear signs of stopping. In addition, the slide showed signs of decay. There were bumps as her body rushed across cracks, splinters, and lumps in the stone. Her back was on fire from the numerous bumps she had crossed already.Without warning, a rock shard suddenly tore through Minerva's right hand. She screamed and quickly crossed her arms over her chest. She couldn't see the full extent of the damage in the darkness, but it stung fiercely. Before she could contemplate on her wound more, she and Andrew suddenly fell off the slide and landed on a stone floor.Minerva laid on her back for several seconds, surprised at their sudden stop. Andrew appeared over her and extended a hand. Minerva accepted it with her left and pulled her self to her feet.The had ended up in a wide hallway decorated in hieroglyphics. The lighting had changed from a well-lite blue to a menacing dark violet color. Black and purple smoke laid at the bottom of the floor and reached up to their heels."Any idea?" Minerva said, turning to Andrew. He shook his head. She winced as her hand stung again. She glanced at it. A large cut when down the middle of the palm of her glove. The cut was gently bleeding, but there was already a large blot a blood on her glove. "Ow," she muttered, dazed. She looked at the rest of her arms. Both sleeves of her black shirt were torn and and barely held on to the rest of the shirt.Minerva tore off her right glove and more blood on her palm. She tore off the remains of her sleeve and wiped away the blood on her hand. "Do you any water? A canteen or something?" Andrew nodded and handed her a small container. She could hear water sloosh around inside. Minerva removed the cap and added a little water to the cut to hopefully clean it better. She groaned as the stringing pain increased. She handed Andrew the water back quickly.Minerva then ripped off her right sleeve and pulled apart a strip of fabric. She then wrapped it around her hand to protect the wound."Probably make any real doctor puke with disgust," Minerva said roughly, looking at her wrapped up hand. "But it will have to do for now."Andrew nodded. "Shall we start?"Minerva nodded, ripping off her other glove. "I wonder where we are. Are we below the temple?""I don't know," Andrew said glancing around. "We need to get back to the others. Or..." He drifted off. Minerva knew what he meant. Now might be the ideal time to find Zach.Minerva shivered. It felt unnaturally cold in the hallway, and having no sleeves to cover her arms. She crossed her arms and simply nodded. "Let's go." The two started down into the ominous hallway, unsure of what they may find.

IC: "Acknowledged," replied George. "We're forming up on you Renaissance. Mac, can you give me a hand?""Sure thing," replied Mac's voice over the radio as he turned his T-1's attention toward the Mutant T-Rex. "Alright, I say fire anything we can at that Tyranosaur, just make sure the chopper comes out in one piece."

OOC:I'm not going to destroy that Typhoon, just scare it.IC:The Hybrid was coming back toward Kara. She was curious about that T-1, so she didn't waste time on finesse. She held the staff parallel to the ground in front of her, hands a shoulder's width apart on it. When the Hybrid was almost at her, she dropped to one knee and twisted the staff 90 degrees. The Hybrid broke his armor and impaled himself on the staff. She shook him off, and called her dropship. She climbed in, put the staff beside her, and put on her special helmet that turned the ship's chin gun in the direction she looked. She lifted off, and activated the radio."This is UlTech Dropship KW3853 calling T-1 Typhoon ZJ428603. Respond please.""Yes? May we help you?""Just checking on you," Kara replied. She could hear a hiss in the voice like the Hybrid she fought. "So you're all right?""Yes. We're all fine here. How are you?""Now I know he's lying," she muttered. She fired a laser round from the chin gun on the ship to purposely miss them.The radio projected a hissing, "What do you think you're doing!?" then an,"Uh, oh," as he realized he used his real voice.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: With Loop at the Sonic Screamers, Phoenix and Cyrus manning the XL-4 Voltaic launcher and the Quintronic Beam Emitters, and Hotwire and Helm covering the sides, the Talon was all but untouchable. They joined the other T-1s in attacking the T-Rex that was harassing the Renaissance. The combined effort soon had the massive beast on the defensive. Then Hotwire, who had synchronized the comms with the ADO channel as well as the open channel when the two Agents came aboard, suddenly heard screams and shouts of confusion. Two of the ADO jets had turned on the rest of the DA and Agents forces. One of the remaining four jets spiraled out of control and crashed in the jungle several miles off, sending up a plume of smoke. At the same moment, the Talon turned and a missile streaked from the XL-4 into a nearby Fire Hammer, which erupted in a bright blossom of white-hot flame."What the znap is going on?" Hotwire screamed. He heard Phoenix laugh darkly.Cyrus looked back from the upper cockpit with a grin. "Don't worry," he said as his eyes glowed red and his skin darkened to a smoky purple and black. "Everything is under control."

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Atton Rand, how can Pierce say he's not good at bowling if he also said he never tried it?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Indeed, 108 years old is quite the landmark. Wait... hold on... yep, 108. At this point in my life, even I lose track sometimes! And to celebrate, I picked up the Dino Defense HQ (have yet to assemble it, but it looks like some good old-fashioned Adventurers/Dino 2010 fun) and Ocarina of Time 3D.

OOC: Now if I WERE to start with a new character, I've kinda got him all planned, Would he basically be a recruit, or could he be skipped ahead to Normal agent?EDIT: Also, do any of you guys remember me?

Your new primary character will automatically assume the position of Standard Agent, as this has been the practice for new primary characters (for example, when TakunuvaC01 wanted to switch from his Elite Agent Magma to the new character Reptile, I allowed him to maintain his Elite Agent status).Also, that guy from that show, based upon your concept art for the temple of Hotep III, I made a LEGO Digital Designer representation of the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins. What do you think? I also made a LEGO Digital Designer version of the Temple of Creation... if I get around to it, I'll also upload a screenshot of that.IC: Chompy roared and charged at a Mutant Raptor, knocking it off a heavily-damaged Urban Avenger. In response, the raptor bit and tore at the T-Rex, who recoiled before striking again, closing his jaws upon the raptor's neck.Three Mutant Lizard leaped from the wreckage of a Fire Hammer and pounced upon Chompy's back. Chompy tried to shake them off, but they clung with their claws and their teeth. Luckily, Chompy's sister arrived just in time, bashing off two with her tail and biting off the third.They were in the battle of the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins for only a few minutes, and already the two T-Rexes were weary. "This was foolish," growled Chompy's sister as she snapped at an approaching Mutant Lizard. "Even if every raindrop raises the sea, the outcome is not in doubt.""Just a little longer!" pleaded Chompy, even as he fended off a Mutant Raptor and a stray Stromling Monkey. "The Dino Attack agents inside surely must be close to the Maelstrom! We need to make sure that these abominations stay outside the temple long enough for our allies to contain the Maelstrom."A Mutant Raptor slashed at Chompy's sister, leaving a gash on her leg. Chompy bellowed in fury, grabbed the Mutant Raptor's tail in his maw, and swung it into the blast radius of a nearby explosion caused by a crashed Agents Defense Organization helicopter."It's no use!" sighed Chompy's sister. "There are too many!"A pack of Mutant Lizards, Mutant Raptors, and Stromlings surrounded the two T-Rexes, cutting them off from the rest of the Dino Attack Team. Back-to-back, the two T-Rexes silently acknowledged that this would likely be the last thing they would do in this world, then bared their teeth and readied themselves for anything.There came a most wonderful sound, the sound of a horn blowing. Like the trumpet of an arriving cavalry, it signaled a new player in the game. Chompy, his sister, the Mutant Dinos, the Stromlings, the Agents, and the Dino Attack Team all paused for a moment in their battle to look at the source of the horn.There, at the horizon, stood a gathered army of dinosaurs. Stegosaurus, Triceratops, and even T-Rex comprised the force. Even more remarkable, many of the dinosaurs were the mounts of TumTum Islanders, covered with war paint and brandishing spears, arrows, and more, and one of which was playing the horn. One of the T-Rexes roared in perfect tune to the horn call, and quickly the other dinosaurs took up the battle cry. Then, as one, they charged towards the battlefield.The Mutant Dinos and Stromlings did not remain stunned for long. A Mutant Raptor lunged at Chompy, while a Mutant Lizard and Stromling Monkey climbed on top of his sister. Chompy recoiled and tried to counter the raptor's attack, but a Mutant Lizard snapped at his feet and caused him to trip. As he struggled to get up, his sister shook off her attackers and poised herself to protect her brother. A particularly-vicious Mutant Raptor, ridden by what was clearly a Hybrid in its samurai-esque armor, approached the two sibling T-Rexes and prepared to attack.A female T-Rex, appearing larger than most of her kind, covered with blue markings, and wearing what looked like a necklace made from Minifigure skulls, charged at the Mutant Raptor and knocked it down. Her Minifig rider, none other than Chief Achu of the TumTum tribe, impaled the Hybrid Rider with his spear while the T-Rex closed her jaws on the raptor's mouth. Although Achu failed to kill it, the Hybrid Rider was wounded and retreated.In a matter of only a few quick moments, the Mutant Dinos and Stromlings surrounding Chompy and his sister were dispatched. The two siblings looked up at the female T-Rex and Achu in awe. "Alpha female," blinked Chompy's sister, "and great Chief Achu.""You heard us!" grinned Chompy. "You came for us!"The alpha female T-Rex nodded slowly, as Achu patted her on the head. "I told you that I would be coming," she growled, "after I met with the Minifig leaders in council. First, I needed to speak with Rex of the Dino Attack Team and Achu of the TumTum tribe, after which we came to an agreement to come and assist you now.""I've also sent out word to the Pyramid Area," added Achu, "requesting that Queen Legotiti come and join us in the battle. We have not received a response yet, but should she arrive with her army of Matching Mummies, this battle shall be quickly won.""Let this be a battle the Maelstrom shall forever remember!" declared Chompy."Indeed," agreed the alpha female T-Rex. "But now, I must lead my kind in this battle. We shall see to it that the Maelstrom is stopped." She turned to leave."Good luck," Chompy nodded, "mother."OOC: Just for clarification, the alpha female T-Rex and the "queen" T-Rex are the same character. So now, in addition to Agents helping you out, you've got an army of dinosaurs and islanders on your side! Depending on how quickly things move in the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins, my next IC may focus on Rex's group in the Temple of Creation or on the Second Headquarters Squad.

OOC: I've been wondering where the rest of the dinosaurs and the TumTum Tribe were.And I have huge craving to play Ocarina of Time right now. Lucky.IC:"Captain!" an Agent named Francis yelled from the back of the Aerial Defense Unit. "We got a problem! Something foul has hijacked some of the choppers!" As if to reinforce his statement, Captain Brickhouse's helicopter shook violently as something exploded near the side.Brickhouse opened communications with both the Agents and Dino Attack. "What's going on?""Helicopters and Jets are being hijacked by Stromlings!" a Dino Attack Agent screamed over the radio. "We got one on board - kill him, Scarface! - and I think some more have hijacked a T-1 Typhoon and several ADUs.""How are our Agent vehicles being hijacked?" Brickhouse demanded. "We've been in the air since we got here. How could these 'Stromlings' get in here?""It - Get back! - might mean that the Maelstrom is beginning to spread off the island. Or it's corrupting minifigs as their flying. I - Son of MegaBlock! Scarface, aim for the head! - am personally hoping for the latter."Brickhouse quickly turned his helicopter to face another Aerial Defense Unit firing down on the battlefield. It didn't try to hide the fact it was firing at the large amount of Dino Attack allies that had just entered the battlefield. Brickhouse fired several missiles at the offending helicopter. The ADU fell to the ground, crushing several natives and Stromlings."They got Scarface!" the same Dino Attack Agent yelled. Silence, then, "Forget this! Shoot us down! Don't let these scoundrels take another helicopter!" Without warning, a nearby T-1 Typhoon exploded dramatically, showering hundres of pieces on to the battle below.Brickhouse ducked his head, honoring the agent's sacrifice for a moment before turning back to the battle. "How many confirmed hijackings do we have?" he asked."Two Agent Jets have been hijacked and a single T-1 Typhoon. We are also picking reports that the Talon is being contested," someone responded. "Here are their identifications." He listed the ID codes for the two jets and helicopter. "Take them out quickly. Between them and the Mutant Pterosaurs, we're not such hot shape right now."There was loud screech outside of the Aerial Defense Unit's cockpit. Thaddeus turned and saw three, tan-colored Pterosaur viciously attack a single Mutant Pterosaur. The mutant screeched with defeat and fell from the sky as the three normal Pterosaurs watched."We are not in hot water yet!" Brickhouse cried defiantly before taking aim at the hijacked T-1 Typhoon.******************************************Colonel sneered from temple again. Things had definitely been looking up, but the intervention of the TumTum Tribe and the native dinosaurs were certainly a turn for the worst. The Mutant Dinos and Stromlings held their own, but with combined effort from the Dino Attack, Agents, TumTum Tribe, and the native dinos, they would certainly be destroyed.An explosion sounded off as another Fire Hammer exploded nearby. Colonel grinned. He wasn't sure where the Stromlings who hijacked the other vehicles came from, but he was glad they were here and gave him a small confidence boost.Colonel turned toward the tree line and saw an armored minifig sliding out of a tree. Their armor was dented and bruised. It was stained by the wildlife that lived in the trees. Colonel raised an eyebrow as the minifig touched the ground. It was a woman. Her blond hair was messy and hung limply at her shoulders. She turned toward the Maelstrom Temple, seeing Colonel and pulling a pistol from her waist."Let's be reasonable," Colonel spat angrily, extending his arms out from his body. "Where did you come from, girl?"Commander," the woman replied angrily, keeping her weapon on Colonel. "Commander Vinyaya to you. One of your Typhoons shot at the one I was in and knocked me out of it."Commander," Colonel repeated, in a mock-surprise voice. "What an honor it is to meet you!" Colonel spat. "Once again, the Dino Attack put the foolish in charge." Commander Vinyaya's eyes narrowed."What of you, Quartich?" Vinyaya hissed. Colonel's eyes widened at the mention of his last name. "How could such a famous Dino Attack leader fall so easily into the Maelstrom's hand? Perhaps you are not as powerful as you think you are."Colonel remained emotionless. If it was General Virchaus or Ahua that she was addressing, they would've gotten angry. Colonel remained stoic. Vinyaya's remarks stung, but he would not let anger or arrogance get the best of his fullest ability."Cute." Colonel quickly raised his Sonic Screamer and fired at the Commander. She ducked and rolled away from the blast. She then lowered her shoulder and charged at Colonel. Colonel couldn't get turned around quick enough to fire again as Vinyaya tackled him to the ground.

OOC: Okay, I thought I'd try this again. It's time for another round of "Spot the Expy".Oh, and by the way, yes this one is actually relevant to the events at hand, rather than just comic relief (although I am thinking about finding a way to fit Dude into the main plot).IC: "What's going on down there?" Mac asked confusedly. "Are those regular dinosaurs and islanders? Never mind. We got problems of our own up here. Listen, what was that about Stromlings?""They seem to be getting aboard the helicopters," replied a voice on the radio."How is that possible?" Cabin asked."We're not sure," replied the voice. "We suspect the Maelstrom's influence is growing."

In the back of one of the T-1's, a group of agents sat waiting, one man was on gunner duty. He wore a dark-coloured tank-top, and had long hair, an eyepatch, and some stubble.One man was sitting somewhat isolated from the others. He seemed to be in a slightly panicked state."Don't worry," said another agent. "It'll be fine. They're probably taking the neccessary precautions right now."Suddenly, the comforting man revealed himself. There was a sudden jolt, and his skin turned a violent purple. The other men were screaming loudly. The eye-patched gunner climbed out of his seat and tried to think quickly,.

Mac quickly looked out his window and noticed a T-1 that seemed to be getting out of control. There was a large ammount of smoke from it as it seemed to spin around and away from the rest of the fleet."Elite Agent Cabin," Mac said. "Do you read me?"There was no answer, Mac tried again. "George," he said. "I think Cabin's been shot down. What does that leave us with?"OOC: Oh, by the way, if anyone wants they are free to have one of their characters as one of the anonymous people inside that T-1.

Edited by Atton Rand

OoC: Wow I'm honored to have Dust be the featured article! it is a great feeling to join the ranks of former recipients like Dr. Rex and Andrew.That temple of creation also looks really cool. You even have a little Dust at the gate! I really like the purple highlights. It gives it a great Egyptian/mealstrom feel. Shame you won't able to make it bigger.iC:The Hammer swung down and Dust jumped swiftly to the left. The old scrolls he had found indicated the room held sixteen pendulums doing a quick count he determined that all had been triggered and that they no longer had to worrying about causing more traps in that form being sprung.The thing with pendulums is that eventually they run out of energy. Dust, Lutsky, Katerina, and Lance gathered on the back wall and watched as the great bricks slowed to a halt.The room became stagnant and Septimus and the Synthetic Loops joined them by the doorway.Dust looked around at the assembled team. “Where are Andrew, Minerva, and Cyborg?”Katerina Schattenberg shook her head. “If they where killed their bodies would still be in the room.”“Perhaps they got lost.” Suggested Septimus. “It is difficult to see anything in this mist.”At that moment Doctor Cyborg appeared. He looked winded but otherwise unhurt from his direct hit to the chest.“I saw Andrew and Minerva fall down a trapdoor near the center of the room.” Said Cybrorg. “I made an effort to help but it clossed by the time I arrived. I was hit by a weight moments latter.”Lance’s eyes went wide. “Whoa man! You took a hammer to the chest? Radical wipeout man.”Cybrog shrugged. “My body is constructed from complex mettle alloy. My chest is impervious to many levels of kinetic force.”“Is there anyway we can get Andrew and Minerva out?” asked Katerina. She clearly did not care about Cyborg’s robotic biology and wished to return to the issue at handDust shock his head. “I thought there may have been something a trap dour but was not positive. I can assure you that it’s not life threatening. We can rescue them latter but we don’t have much time to get sidetracked.”Lutsky growled at Dust. “You’re just going to leave them?”The Egyptian rolled his eyes and pointed a finger at him. “Don’t try and make me the bad guy again. If it were not in opposition to me you would make that same call.”Lutsky’s face darkened but he said no more. He backed away and pretended to take interest in the hieroglyphs on the wall.Dust stepped to the dour and turned to the remaining eight agents. “What we are about to go threw will be our last test. After this we will be entering the lion’s den. Nothing I can say will help you with what lies beyond this door.”“What is back there?” asked Septimus.“Stromlings.” Said a Loop. “A big stromling.”“A boss if you will.” Offered Lance.“Exactly.” Agreed Dust. He turned to the gateway and turned a series of gears and mechanism. It unsealed and a gust of stale air gushed out. Four of them had to work togeather to push aside the massive stone slabs before they could step inside.What they saw beyound was a pit. Across a narrow bridge they could see the exit. The bridge had no rails so crossing the ancient structure seemed like a daunting task.Below them they could see the pit was filled with black water. Cybrog walked to the edge to glimpse what lurked in the darkness. A great scaly form moved in the water. It was more then the length of a school bus and had black teeth the size of 2x4s. A great snout protrudes from the water and purple smoke flared from its nostrils.At the sight of movement above the Stromling crocodile’s amber eyes flashed open. And it let out a terrible hiss. It lunged out of the pit and swiped it's tail across the bridge. The stone creaked and crumbled before finally tumbling into the water below.OoC:As for the giant Stromling Croc. I don't really have a plain but I figured it would be a fitting final fight. The battle is welcome to go what ever way you want, you can even kill it! Just don't let it be too easy.EDIT: sorry about all the typos. I went back and fixed most of them.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: Ooh, so the Agents are involved now! Don't destroy one of the agent's jets then, OK?IC:A dark influence had control of his body, but not his mind. He felt strangely detached from the world, only a soul watching the events of reality. His mouth opened, and maniacal laughter poured out of it, heedless of the situation. He was taken aback at this. He was firing his weapons, but not at the true enemy. This force was causing him to attack his allies!He realized that this time, he was out of his depth. He dealt with things that were solid and grounded in reality. He didn't like dealing with the mysterious forces that he wasn't even sure existed.And all of a sudden, he was calm. He could deal with logic, and logic could help him. This force was simply an enemy. Not one to be destroyed, not by him, but it could be pushed back, made to retreat, if he could remain in control of his own thoughts.This force was one of chaos. Of destruction. What could he combat it with? The answer came to him easily. Peace. Not apathy, but a force of single, driving calm.And so, as chaos rained around him, as his body caused pain and death, his mind pushed and hoped that it could regain control.

IC: "Agents, both Dino Attack and ADU, keep it up! While I can confirm that T-1s and ADU aircraft are being hijacked, we are NOT going to let this go easily! Keep your defences up, and continue to aid your companions, and we'll get through this yet! Also, watch your fire! Islanders and the local dino population is now providing aid! We're doing good, men! Don't let yourselves fall now!"Semick turned off the mic, and took a deep breath. This battle was going about average, but things were looking towards victory. All that mattered now was keeping effort up and watching themselves. The Renaissance was making for emergency measures regarding their damages, and Semick had gotten Rockford to send some mechincal-based agents to help provide support whenever the vessel might require landing.The aircraft hijacking still concerned him. With all the chaos, they still hadn't determined how the enemy was hijacking them. All he could get his remaming T-1s and the ADU men to do was keep their distance from the Pterosaurs. That seemed to be the main correlation.He was still concerned about a few things. He hadn't heard of anything regarding the XERRD scientists that had been said to escape the fortress assult. He could only assume they were waiting to strike somewhere, were thinking this wasn't a battle worth their participation (due to the way the Malestrom seemed to be operating independently instead of specifically helping Dr. Rex's intentions), or were busy somewhere else. Semick knew for a fact that Rex still hadn't come back from his investigation of the Imagination Temple.The other regard was progress. He needed some more info on how well Dust's team was doing. With that, he turned on the mic and narrowed down his frequency."Rockford, call up Dust when you can. Tell him I personally want a status update.""Understood."Semick switched off the mic again and returned his attention to the air. "Bluetooth," he asked, "how many crafts are we down to?""Discounting the Renaissance and us, we still have control of five T-1s. There's about 8 or so ADU crafts still flying, but I'm trying to see if they have any more waves on their way.""Good. Keep your watch, but keep your pistol ready as well. I don't want any distractions if we find a hijacker on board. Oh, and let that Agents leader know that he's not cleared to shoot down the Talon until either I or Hotwire give clearance. That agent may be on a peg leg, but if his men are corrupted, he's bound to have a few ideas left. And so do I.""Uh... okay," Bluetooth said, looking a little nervous. "So what ideas do you have.""You'll see," he said as he began flying towards the Talon. Opening the comn again, he said "Hotwire, if you can hear this, try for the 'Bank-In-Finance-Trouble' method."-----------The purple mist gave Andrew chills as he and Minerva continued walking into the mist. He held his laser rifle with anxiousness. Now, more than ever, they would likely be tested.Indeed we will, a thought said in his mind. Andrew's eyes widened.Long time, no chat, he thought back.It's been a while, the voice thought back.Tell me you aren't the Malestrom possessing me.Now, now, that would be a cliche and easy way of explaining it, wouldn't it?Good. Because I'm not taking anything this purple stuff wants to tell me.Or so you think.True. So what now, Mr. "Dark Conciousness?"I'm only wondering why you've given up your ideas?Have you read the Andrew Daily? The Zach story should tell you everything you need to know.But it can be controlled, you know. All it takes is the right mind with the right methods to make all the difference in the world.Andrew thought about this for a second, but immediately dismissed it. Forget it, I don't do bets. Though I have been wanting to visit the Inventory some day...Oh, what? Don't tell me you're giving up! Think of all the pleasure this has brought us!Don't get me wrong, it sounds nice and all, but risking becoming a pawn to an entity who wants to throw everything into discord for the lulz that drastically alters people's mindsets in disturbing and somewhat humorous ways is not something I want to be a fan of. End of story.U See What I Did Thar?But-Shut up, Andrew thought, and turned back to Minerva, who was watching the wound on her hand closely. He figured that she had been hearing voices too, though not the kind Andrew was mostly dealing with. She most likely just had the problem of hearing the Malestrom try to convince her to join them. Perhaps even telling her that was how to reach Zach or something."You doing okay mentally?" he asked."You mean the voices?" Minerva asked. "It's... unnerving, but I'm doing alright. They do seem to cast some measures of doubt, though.""They do that alot. I'm no expert on hearing voices, but I think I have some understanding on what to do.""What's that?"Andrew leaned his rifle on his right shoulder. "Remain stubborn. Listen to them to see what info you can gather, but hold your ground like you would when having an arguement online on a political website. Don't give them any ground or leverage that they can twist around. And there's the YTP method.""YTP method?" Minerva asked with an eyebrow raise?"That's when you think of random bits from music, movies, books, commercials, reality all at once, mashing them up like you're smashing a potato. Think of loud, incoherant, inconsistent noises and visuals and think of them in random patterns or phases. The louder and dumber, the better. Like online spam teaming up to create its own firewall from spamblockers."Minerva smirked. "I'll keep that in mind. How much farther do you think this will go?""Dunno. This is probably something that wasn't in the original construction, so Dust's blueprints are useless here. I guess we can only follow the path to somewhere. If we encounter any forks, I say we stick together and explore as much as we can.""Is that a good idea?""I dunno, but its how I beat puzzle games."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: Cabin coughed rapidly as she worked her way out of the smoking cockpit of the T-1."Is everyone okay," she shouted. As she worked her way to the back, she noticed a body being thrown out of the helicopter. The man was barely conscious before he was abruptly riddled with bullet holes."There had better be a good reason for this," Cabin muttered. At that moment, a one-eyed man with long hair climbed out of the back."He was a Stromling," replied the man with a thick, gruff voice."I see," replied Cabin. "Who are you?""Call me Snake," replied the man."Snake," replied Cabin. "I thought that you were dead."