Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: And the climax of the RPG? Or is there to be a final arc afterwards? I've already forgotten what the plans were :PIC: "No, I believe it had been narrowed down to those two," said Septimus. "So it must be the Temple of Creation.""In which case we must return to the others immediately," Katerina said quickly and firmly."What about Andrew and Minerva?" Lance exclaimed. "We should try to find them too."Katerina shook her head in disagreement. "We can't afford to linger here another minute," she said. "If indeed they are still alive, they can find an exit themselves.""That's not something Kat would have said," Septimus muttered.Katerina shot the Ogel Drone a dirty look. " 'Kat' was a fiction. A pale, distorted reflection of my past self, serving as a mask behind which I could keep myself safe, no more a real person than a machine." Dr. Cyborg raised an eyebrow with just a touch of indignation, but said nothing, instead focusing on securing Lutsky's restraints. "With that said, are we going to stand here all day?"OOC: Feel free to argue with Katerina if you want.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Nice Portal 2 reference, PeaSam."'no more a real person that a machine.' Dr. Cyborg raised an eyebrow with just a touch of indignation."Nice, Jackson Lake!IC:"Well then, we should probably get to the real Maelstrom temple," Dr. Cyborg said.They quickly backtracked, made easier given that the boss had been defeated. They reached the outside of the temple, and surveyed the battle."Nothing will get us there fast enough," Katerina said."That is where you are wrong," Dr. Cyborg countered. He indicated a strange ship flying around the battlefield. He signaled it to land. It did, and they boarded. Dr. Cyborg fastened the belt to one of the hand straps hanging from the ceiling."To the Creation Temple!" he yelled to Kara. "It's the real Maelstrom Temple!" Even with the damper fields on, they could still feel the acceleration. Dr. Cyborg sent an AAB:The temple of Hotep III is empty!The temple of Creation is the realMaelstrom temple!Dr. CyborgThe ship landed ten minutes later. Everybody, even Lutsky, offloaded."Let's go," Dr. Cyborg said.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OoC: Hertz is to officially to become my new primary character. I shell forgo the formalities for the time being and write the sign-up form latter.I just have to say that avmatoran once again compacted a good page worth of material into about three paragraphs. I wanted to do some Lutsky stuff in the chamber and I bet some other people did too. I suppose I can always do that in the helicopter or something. :sigh:IC:Hertz’s eye opened slowly and saw smoke filling the cabin. He felt disoriented and noticed blood dripping down his temple. His left eye was swollen shut and he smelt something burning.A black cloud sounded him. An electrical fire was consuming the entire renaissance and the heat agonized his open wounds. The techy struggled to move but screamed in pain as something in his right bicep snapped. His arm was broken.I have to get out of here.Smoke billowed around him and the metal floor had become burning hot. It hurt to touch the steel and his fingertips started to blister with every burn.I have to get out of here.He knew this would happen. Everyone knew that an inexperienced desk jockey like himself would not last a minute in this brutal battlefield. He would not see Naomi again; he had never gotten a chance to say goodbye before he had been sent off to war.That resolve strengthened him. He would not submit to his fate, he would make every effort to see her again and he would not give up entail he held her in his arms.With his good hand Hertz tore loose some strips of his clothing to tie around his hands. It would protect them for some extent. His next step was to orient himself. The smoke billowed around him and the embers scorched his eyes. It was impossible to make out what side was up and what side was down with his eyes were closed shut form the smoke. He simply crawled in whatever direction he best guessed was starboard doorway.The broken Renaissance had fallen at a steep angel and she listed considerably to her right. What started as a crawl ended with Hertz falling out the dour and landing painful on his broken arm.He was still incredibly disoriented as he crawled away from the wreckage. The Renaissance had become a burnt out skeleton of a ship. Fire consumed the craft from every orifice and Hertz signed as the incredible craft met her end.The ground shook. Threw his bleared vision he could make out a massive green form stalking around the crash sight. It gave out a terrible roar and nosed the craft with its great muzzle. Sparks flew and embers ascended to the skyThe T-rex that had brought the Renaissance down still lived. His first reaction was fear but he had learned enough to not draw attention to himself. He lay in his miserable state and prayed that the monster would leave.Then scrams came from the cockpit. The canopy flew off and Lucky staggered out. Hertz could see that the pilot had a severe limp but that fact that he was yelling would prove to be his last mistake. The T-rex instantly noticed the movement and descended on the unfortunate man.Lucky whaled in agony as the clawed foot dug into his back. With it’s pray pinned to the ground the T-Rex ripped of his abdomen and gulped the first half of the pilot up in it’s furnace-like maw.Lucky screamed till the end and Hertz vomited. The T-rex commenced to eat the rest of the pilot’s remains before lifting its noose to seek more of the sweet man flesh.The Mutant’s nostrils flared as it caught Hertz’s sent. Lifting its noose to the wind it tracked the techys crawl to safety.Hertz’s eyes went wide with panic. He could not move and he had no weapon. He was totally defenseless and he knew that if it did not think of something he would surly die.Beside him lay a canister of air. The absurdity of a conveniently placed air tank aside, he quickly picked it up with his good arm. Chances are that the canister had fallen from an aircraft during the battle. It was unorthodox but it would have to do.The T-rex caught sight of Hertz and opened its mouth in anticipation. Hertz cringed at the toothy grin and backed away. He could still not see very well and his arm still caused great pain but he soon found himself against the temple wall.The T-rex was savoring it’s meal and walked slowly to its pray. He opened his pocket and pulled his wire cutters.And then the T-rex charged. Hertz rolled aside as the monster bit into the wall where he just sat. His arm cracked more but he brushed aside the pain and shoved the air canister as deep into the mutant’s gullet as possible.His hand was slashed open on one of the T-rex teeth and blood splashed from the wound. Yelling from the laceration he withdrew his hand and stabbed with the wire cutters. The T-rex bellowed in anger and withdrew.Hertz held his hand against his chest and crawled as fast as he could manage from the fight. Behind him the T-rex regained its composure and pursued it’s hapless victim. It came close to his legs but Hertz quickly kicked the snout away.I need a gunHis luck was proving good today. Not only had an air canister fell from the sky, but a rifle was soon within reach. He pried it from a dead man’s hands and took aim.The T-rex circled and charged. Hertz pulled the trigger but missed substantially. His left eye was still swollen shut and his shooting skills were never that good to begin with. Regardless he pulled the trigger again hit the T-rex in the chest.Hertz grunted and raised the gun. The Monster kept coming and would be open him in a moment. He placed his eye to the scope and took aim.“Smile you son of a-”He fired a shoot and hit the canister still hanging from the T-rex mouth. It exploded and the mutant’s head was obliterated. The momentum carried the creature several more yards before it finally fell at Hertz’s feet. OoC:Hopefully you get the movie reference. Hertz is open for interaction.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OoC:Hopefully you get the movie reference. Hertz is open for interaction.

OOC: Jaws, wasn't it? He threw the canister in the monster's mouth and shot it, blowing it up. That's pretty much how they killed Jaws... at least four times.IC: "Who's that?" Jackson asked. He picked up his binoculars and looked toward the wreckage of the Renaissance to see a figure crawling away from the wreckage. "Hey, Hotwire,"Jackson handed him the binoculars. "I think there's a survivor.""We're not going," replied Snake coldly. "He's probably a Stromling. We got no way of telling for sure.""It's Hertz," Hotwire said. "We got to help him.""No," replied Snake. "We don't have a chance." Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Well, I guess I had a character in the temple the whole time (Provencal) but as of now I'm going to leave her be. So I guess you can engage her if you make it the Maelstrom Temple.Interesting to see a Shinobi with the group. I had wanted to create a Shinobi XERRD operative at one point, but that's a different story for a different day.Jackson Lake, I believe the original plan was to eliminate the Maelstrom Temple so we could halt the production of Mutant Dinos, limited their numbers by a small amount. After Adventurers' Island there is to be a final battle between XERRD and the Dino Attack.IC:Colonel suddenly revealed a small smile, almost undisturbed by his imminent death. Vinyaya frowned. “What’s so funny?”“You,” Colonel said, standing straight and putting his left stump behind his back. “You think you have won, don’t you, Commander?”“Well, you are missing one hand, the other hand keeps you up right, and you have a pegleg,” Vinyaya noted, unimpressed. “I’d say that you are pretty much beaten.”“Merely flesh wounds,” Colonel responded, smirking. “You are correct, Commander Vinyaya. You have bested a cripple. Congratulations.” His blatant sarcasm irritated Vinyaya to no end. “The Maelstrom has won, Vinyaya. You have lost and have effectively doomed the LEGO Planet.”“We do have people in the temple, you know. Not much longer until this temple is leveled.”“Wrong,” Colonel said, his smile widening. “Your strike team will be sorely to find that this temple isn’t the source of the Maelstrom on Adventurers’ Island. It was a lie.”Vinyaya was speechless. “Wh-wh-what?!” she finally stammered.Colonel laughed as he began to walk toward her. “It is Quadrant 14 all over again! You bumbling fools! You really trusted a XERRD scientist with leading you to the correct temple? Yes, almost exactly like Quadrant 14. Being tricked by XERRD by into heading to a trap on their advice. Will you ever learn?”“Your forces weren’t nearly as crippling as what supposedly went down in the Goo Caverns,” Vinyaya retorted. Colonel merely laughed again.“It doesn’t matter! The Maelstrom and XERRD have delayed you long enough for things to get into gear. XERRD’s top scientists on this island will be defeated and the Maelstrom will finally begin it’s true takeover of this planet. You have lost, Commander.Vinyaya couldn’t believe it. Everything that occured here was a waste. “You’re lying,” she said shakily. “This can’t be true.”“It is true,” Colonel scoffed. “Keep denying it, slime. Not going to change a thing. Perhaps if your team had managed to secure that Maelstrom Crystal, you wouldn’t have fallen into this trap. Perhaps it isn’t entirely XERRD’s fault. I suppose it’s also those two minifigs who had the crystal that ultimately lead to your destruction. What a pity.” Before Vinyaya realized what had happened she felt a sharp kick in her shin, dropping her to her knees. Colonel tilted her head upward so she could look at his scarred face. Colonel smiled wider at the pained expression on her face.“You wasted your oppertunity. I was going to martyr myself and allow you escape. But you were clearly not prepared for my news, so I think I’ll live a few minutes longer. It has been nice meeting you, Commander.” He shoved Vinyaya to the ground with his foot. He limped over near her fallen head and raised his boot again.“What an unglamorous way to die,” Colonel said coldly. “For nothing.” Colonel brought his fought on Vinyaya’s face. She quickly succumbed to the darkness.******************************"What did I do?" Minerva demanded angrily as she backed away from Zach. She had some how found the nerve to talk back to him. "If there is anyone should kill, it should be that guy!" She pointed at Ahua. Zach's eyes narrowed."Yes, yes," Zach said impatiently. "I am aware of that. I knew he wanted to kill me, but I didn't not expect him to bring you in to do his dirty work.""Wha- He wants to kill you?!" Minerva was flabbergasted, looking back at the concentrating Ahua."Yes. He sees me as a threat to his power. I think he figured you would hold some influence over my actions." To this, Zach chuckled darkly. "However, his information is severely outdated. I stand before you now, clearly anxious to kill you where you stand. He most likely expected me to submit to you or to be distracted by you long enough to kill me." He chuckled again. "Rather cute, wouldn't you think?"Minerva's back was against the wall, staring at Zach. He seemed completely undisturbed by the assassination attempt on him. In fact, he was clearly amused by the attempt."Don't worry," Zach cackled darkly. "I will kill Ahua after I'm finished with you. That much I am sure of." The two minifigs were silent, staring at each other intently. Minerva kept her gaze on Zach, but kept an eye on his Cosmotronic Ray at his side. Why wasn't he attacking?"You know Minifig!Zach's plan, right?" Minerva suddenly asked. Zach barred his teeth in disgust, but nodded. "What was it, exactly?""Oh, this should be crushing," Zach said giddily. "It was a rather interesting plan. One so inconceivably selfish and self-centered that it even impressed the Maelstrom. He intended to have you killed right in front of him. Not by his own arm, but by another Stromling, perhaps even Ahua. He was thinking the shock and grief would've broken him free of the Maelstrom control. Rather pitiful. It wouldn't have worked, naturally. It would've cemented his place by the Baron's side forever."Minerva was shocked at this revelation. "No way," she said slowly. "He wouldn't do that..." Zach laughed loudly."So confident in Zach's love, aren't we?" Zach boasted, his voice become extremely distorted, taking on a deeper tone than his regular voice. "Foolish. The Zach you thought you knew isdead. His true personality has been revealed thanks to my assistance: a manipulative, selfish minifig who only needed you, Minerva Fabello, to escape my power. You came here to die, nothing more."Minerva didn't say anything. She refused to believe what the Maelstrom was telling her. Zach smiled a charmingly evil smile at Minerva and then glanced at Andrew's body."As much as I wish to kill you right now," Zach said. "I am interested to see what is going on in Andrew's head. He seems rather conflicted, doesn't he?" Minerva stared blankly at him, not knowing what he was referring too. Zach rolled his eyes. "Oh, yes. You couldn't hear the conversation." Zach shrugged. "Your lost. Yes, perhaps I will see what it going inside his fascinating little head..."

OOC:Natural talent, that guy. Although I am sorry. If you want, you can do a post inside the Reclaimer, en route to the temple.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:I won't move the Dr. Cyborg team until everyone is ready. I've jumped the gun who knows how many times, now.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: That should give the rest of us time to backpost our way to the temple :P Thanks much.IC: Hotwire's PDA alerted him of Dr. Cyborg's all-agents bulletin, and when he read it his blood ran cold. The others had the same reaction. They piled into the Fire Hammer -- Jackson, Hotwire, and Dactyl in the cab, Snake on the turret, and Cabin and Helm in the bed of the truck, clinging to the roof of the cab."Get to Hertz," Dactyl said. "Maybe we can get him out of here too." Jackson nodded and floored the gas pedal.As the Fire Hammer sped towards the injured techie, Hotwire tuned into the open comm channel. "To anyone who didn't get Cyborg's message, Hotep's Temple is empty! This was all a read herring, and the Maelstrom is actually located in the Temple of Creation! Repeat, the Temple of Creation is the real Maelstrom Temple!"Jackson swerved, and the Fire Hammer screeched to a halt next to Hertz. Helm and Cabin leapt off the back, grabbed the injured agent, and passed him into the cab, where Dactyl and Hotwire received him. Dactyl moved out of the cab and onto the back with Cabin and Helm, and Hotwire began trying to assess Hertz's injuries. Jackson spun the Fire Hammer around, and they sped off back into the jungle with the rest of the forces.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Thanks for telling me that, Jackson Lake.IC:B looked down at his PDA and scowled at the incoming message."Well, megablok. No transportation, three, wait... no, four... agents who are... not fit to travel, and everyone's speeding away... I can't leave these guys here..."B staggered a few steps forward, and then pulled out the mic on his headset."Attention... Dino Attack personnel... Find us... Three DA guys and one Agent... Help."B searched the unconscious bodies of his friends and luckily found a flare gun. He pointed it at the sky and shot it, knowing full well that something would find him, friendly or otherwise."So, will I live... Or die? I don't think I... really care... anymore. Ow... my head."B fell to the ground, unconscious.OOC:So, if anyone could try and help my characters, that would be appreciated.

iC:As the Reclaimer speed across the dark jungle Carl Lutsky brooded in the passenger compartment with his hands bound. Around him Septimus, Schattenburg, Williams, and Doctor Cyborg, hurried to prepare the craft for the approaching fight.Dust had betrayed them; these people were under the delusion that the Egyptian might have had a ray of good in him- but Lutsky doubted it. It amassed him that they had bound his hands. He was not dangerous; he had only killed a mad man.Lutsky smiled. These people have no idea what I as done for them, he thought. My methods may not have been the most moral but in hindsight they would hale him as a hero.The Egyptian had ruined him, he had destroyed the Dino attack and had no redeeming qualities in the former commanders eyes. He had to die and shooting him was the only way to end him.They may call me crazy. Thought Lutsky. But I’m the sanest person on this island. Carl Lutsky was embarrassed that no one else had stepped up to plate. Dust should have been killed along time ago but the people around him had not the stomach to pull the trigger. Once again he had to do the dirty work. It was not popular, but they would thank him latter.Oh yes they will thank me latter. Smiled Lutsky. I might even be made an elite for my actions.Dust had been a monster, an embodiment of evil, and he had filled his body with bullets. The Egyptian’s body would rot where it had unceremoniously fallen. He envisioned it turning gray as it decomposed and soon the white bone would be all the evidence there had ever been a man named Gahiji Thutmose.The thought gave him glee and he gave a little giggle.OoC:I'm going to be in New York tomorrow threw Sunday. I hate to leave Hertz with a gun pointed at him but I don't have time to do anything at the moment. In my absence he can be controlled by Atton Rand and Lutsky can be controlled Jackson Lake. Just don't take him into the temple of creation.

That is all

OOC: Do you have any specific plans for Lutsky?IC: Hotwire opened his mouth to protest, but then stopped short. Snake had a very good point. After all, he himself hadn't suspected Phoenix and Cyrus at all.Cabin, therefore, was the first to disagree with Snake. "I think we can be fairly certain that Hertz is not a Stromling. The transformation takes enough time that Zach was able to warn us when he was infected, and Hertz would have done the same. The only way around that would be to assume that he's always been a Stromling and simply hasn't revealed himself yet."Now Hotwire spoke up. "That is a possibility, though. What about Ghost?"Hertz, in the meantime, was looking increasingly unsettled.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: "I don't want to take any chances," replied Snake. "I say we kill him now.""We're not going to kill him," replied Hotwire. "Not until we're certain.""Alright," replied Snake, keeping his rifle on Hertz. "We'll bring him back to camp, give him some tests."

IC: "There's no time," Cabin protested. "We have to get to the Temple of Creation.""I agree," said Hotwire. "Rex, Amanda, Kate and Rotor are in there with no backup, and Amanda and Rotor are the only ones in that group who can actually fight.""And I'd trust Rotor about as far as I can throw an Iron Predator," Jackson added. "We'll just have to be cautious. Snake, you keep an eye on Hertz the whole time, just in case.""Actually I think it would be better if I were to do that. I'm not really fit for combat on the ground," Hotwire said, gesturing at his leg replacement. "If he's clean, he's not going anywhere with those injuries. If he is a Stromling, though, I promise you he won't get far.""If you would stop talking about me like I'm not here for just a moment," said Hertz, "isn't there any way i can prove to you that I'm not a Stromling?"

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Okay, I am associating with this RPG too much. In Keyboarding class today, I wrote Matthew Cyrista instead of my name in a document.The address for UlTech Industries is:101 UlTech Rd.Brickville, MS 39087This is the same city the famous Mississippi Brick University is located in, where Cyrista went to college. He is from Brickdon, Mississippi, 39047.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Snake sighed, and lowered his gun before placing a cigarette in his mouth. "Alright, Hertz" he muttered. "I'll let you live... for now, but if you try anything I'm gonna kill you."

Dr. Strangebrick looked up in surprise as Garry entered the planning room."You said you wanted to help us?" Asked Garry."Yes," replied Strangebrick."Good," replied Garry. "We need you on two fronts. You've experimented with the Maelstrom have you not?""Yes," replied Strangebrick. "Small doses.""Than you can help us," replied Garry. "In the infirmary we got a young woman who's just been freed from the Maelstrom's control. Our experts are trying to figure out what to do about the remaining energy.""I see," replied Strangebrick. "What's the second thing?""We just found out something from our friend. Apparently our men on the field were completely misled and are heading to the wrong temple, the one with the Maelstrom. I think you can provide me with information."

OOC: Before I forget, here is a screenshot of the Maelstrom Temple in LEGO Digital Designer. As an added bonus, here's an idea I have for a microscale Dino Attack Headquarters.IC: With one hand, Rex gripped as tightly as he could to the armrest of his wheelchair. With the other, he struggled to aim his Sonic Screamer. He was being pushed by Amanda Claw at an uncomfortably fast speed, and with good reason.Miniature rockets rained down upon the small group of Dino Attack agents, exploding as they touched the stone floor and leaving small craters in their wake. Luckily, Amanda and Rotor seemed to be always one step ahead of them, but the temple chamber had been turned into a battlefield that threatened to leave them shellshocked. Rotor and Rex both did their best to provide cover for Amanda, who could not fight well while pushing a wheelchair.The XERRD missiles were not their only concern. The sorcerers blasted dark Maelstrom magic at the trio, and some of the spells were accurate enough to singe their uniforms like purple flames. That one XERRD scientist who appeared to be a shinobi had an uncanny ability to emerge from the shadows, swipe at the agents with his katana, and vanish again before they could react. Similarly, Michelle Glados would suddenly appear in a flash of blue light, but disappear in a flash of orange light before they could get close enough to attack her.Out of the corner of his eye, Rex kept watch on the Bishops. Kate, who appeared quite horrified, was backed against a pillar near the chamber's exit, but petrified by her fear and unable to move. Wallace, on the other hand, stood before the Maelstrom vortex itself, placed the Maelstrom Vacuum device on the stone floor, and already began to activate it. Luckily, it seemed that the XERRD scientists had taken Wallace's threat to heart, since they completely ignored Kate."What are you all doing?" Rex heard Walter Breen shouting. "Did you all graduate from Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy? We're not up against an army of Dino Attack agents; this is just three agents, and one of them is in a wheelchair for crying out loud!""Zilenze!" snapped Zed Provhezor, who floated around the chamber in his hover-chair while firing at the Dino Attack agents. "Pikk up a rokket launcher yourzelv iv you are zo unzatizvied!""Oh, please!" scoffed Dr. Breen. "Our benefactor would not approve of th-" He ducked as nearly half a dozen rockets came his way.The shinobi emerged from the shadows again, but this time Rotor was close enough to knock the scientist back with the butt of his gun. Then, Amanda saw Señor Palomar taking aim at them with his double pistols, and as she tried to maneuver Rex out of his firing range, Michelle Glados suddenly appeared in a flash of blue light and dropped a grenade. She was gone before it hit the floor, at which point it detonated. The generated shockwave sent the Dino Attack agents flying.Rex landed hard on the floor several meters away, his wheelchair clattering beside him. Dazed from the miniature explosion, he struggled to do a push up and lift his torso off the floor. Amanda Claw was already back on her feet and ran towards him, slashing at a nearby XERRD scientist with her knife.However, Dr. Provhezor arrived first. He reached down and hoisted Rex up with his mechanical arm, sneering like a weasel. "Veelchairz," Zed laughed. "Zuch outdated tekhnology. Kripplez like you should ztay out ov ze battlevield!""Look who's talking," muttered Rex, and proceeded to punch Dr. Provhezor in the face. Stunned for an instant, Provhezor let go of Rex, unintentionally dropping the Dino Attack agent in his his hover-chair. It took Rex a half-second to realize his position, and an epiphany came over him. He tried to push Provhezor out of the hover-chair, but the XERRD scientist had recovered from his shock and pushed back. Rex accidentally pushed a button, causing the hover-chair to start flying around chaotically. What followed was a bizarre wrestling match in an out-of-control hover-chair as two legless Minifigs tried to shove the other out of the chair.Amanda watched in horror and wished to help Rex, but she and Rotor had their own worries as the XERRD scientists continued to rain missiles and magic upon them. They dodged the projectiles and pushed their way through a crowd of space marauders and sorcerers, with Amanda slashing with her knife and Rotor firing his machine gun. Just as Amanda got close enough to the fight in the hover-chair, a flash of orange light sent her to the far side of the chamber, next to a trembling Kate Bishop.Amanda cursed silently, but still managed to smile gently at Kate in an attempt to comfort her. Out of the corner of her eye, movement down the hall of the Maelstrom Temple caught her attention. Frowning, she turned her head in that direction, and then her eyes widened in surprise.Coming down the hall, approaching the temple's main chamber, was a figure who was clad in samurai armor and appeared to be wearing a long, black cloak that seemed torn and frayed at the edges.

"Alright, you maggots!" bellowed Ronald E. Army. "Tea time is over! Back to work!""What tea time?" grumbled Engineer as he continued pushing the bomb cart. "We never took a break! We've been pushin' this bomb cart non-stop since dawn.""It's all ya fault, anyway!" spat Scout, thrusting his weight against the cart. "We gotta push this thing 'cause ya couldn't fix the engine!"Pyro muttered something incomprehensible in agreement."Dang it, I ain't got the time for this!" grumbled Engineer, who hit the cart's makeshift engine with his wrench. The engine sputtered and growled before roaring to life. Then, the bomb cart began to move down the track by itself. Engineer grinned and clapped his hands together. "Now that's how it's done.""Why aren't you pushing that cart, maggots?" yelled Army.Scout and Engineer traded glances, not sure whether to be irritated or amused. "... Because it's moving on its own now," explained Scout as he gestured to the cart moving away."I kept tryin' to tell you," shrugged Engineer. "I was in the middle of making an engine for the cart so we wouldn't have to push it all the way. But you kept saying that we ain't got the time an' insisted that we push the cart now because of Blondie, Angel Eyes, and the others. I just needed a bit more time to fix it. Good thing all it took just happened to be hittin' it with a wrench, but I kept tryin' to tell you, Soldier, that-""I! Am! Not! A! Soldier!" screamed Army. "I am a general! I outrank all of you! Nobody outranks me! And-""Oh, please," scoffed Spy, who popped in out of nowhere and startled Ronald Army. "I've been reading your files, and you are not a general.""WHAT?!?"Spy smirked. "You're just a sergeant, Army. It's rather impressive zat you managed to achieve zat rank, but rather petty in comparison to general, don't you think? Says in your files zat ze LEGOLAND president at ze time sarcastically told you zat you were promoted to general after a certain incident involving ze Black Falcons... I need not mention what happened zere. Apparently, Soldier, sarcasm is a foreign language to you."Everyone laughed as Sergeant Ronald E. Army's face turned bright red, seething with fury. "WHY YOU-!" was all he managed to say before he was interrupted by Spy."On to more important matters... I scouted ahead and saw zat ze Hybrids have set up a barrier on ze track, guarded heavily by turrets. I can sneak in zere and disable most of zem, but I would require some assistance. Heavy and Medic, come with me. Ze rest of you, stay with ze cart!"OOC: Feel free to interact with the Second Headquarters Squad if you'd like, Atton Rand. Just don't stop Spy, Heavy, and Medic from doing whatever it is they think they're doing... I've got an idea in mind for one of them that I have been dying to use after it happened to me while playing Team Fortress 2 one time.EDIT: Wow! I just realized that this is my 4,900th post! I have now vanquished the Bohrok-Kal at last!

Edited by PeabodySam

IC: Clint pulled his horse to a halt at the top of a large hill of sand."Why are we takin' the long way round?" Maria asked."You shut up, woman," replied one of the posse, a middle-aged man with a vest, tie, and mustache."Now now," replied Clint. "What did you have to say?""Last night we were able to get into there in a few minutes," replied Maria."You were able to walk there with Spy," replied Angel Eyes."I know," replied Clint. "However, I'd like to see what the Second Headquarters Squad is up to. Van Cleef, do you have a pair of binoculars or something."Angel Eyes reached into his pocket and revealed a long telescope. Clint promptly took it and took a closer look."They're all there," replied Clint. "Even Spy.""What are they doin'?" Maria asked."Pushing a cart," replied Clint as he closed the telescope and handed it back to Angel Eyes. "I say we just head straight for the fort."Clint started to ride off, Angel Eyes turned toward Maria as the rest of the posse followed."I'd like you to keep an eye on Thomsen," Angel Eyes said. "We have an... understanding. If he tries to weasel his way out of our deal.. kill him."Maria smiled as she turned back to the rest of the posse, and Angel Eyes was quick to follow.

IC:"-and get out!" Captain Brickhouse barked at Wheatley, throwing his bruised Stromling body out of the helicopter. He grimaced as his former ally fell and hit the ground with a loud thud. Brickhouse turned back to the inside of the helicopter. Francis, his technician, laid dead on the floor. Brickhouse sighed angrily and returned to the cockpit."Everything is fine over here," he said into the radio. "I've dealt with the hijacking. However, I've lost my entire crew. I'm going to land.""Go ahead," an Agent responded. "We'll send have some guys fill up your empty ranks.""Thank you." As Brickhouse began to bring the ADU in for a landing, he began to address the Dino Attack Agents in the air. "Now, I heard something about a Stromling named Virchaus. As in Zachary Virchaus? Red hair, glasses?"Spot on," a Dino Attack Agent said. "How do you know him?""I helped mentor him during his employment with the Agents," Brickhouse said. "We were close partners. I was disappointed that he resigned to join the Dino Attack Team, but I couldn't stop him. He was rather...um...upset over the Agents intervention in the Goo Caverns.""Rightfully so!" another Dino Attack Agent responded. "That was a low blow, you no-good-""That's enough," Brickhouse said sternly. "No need to dig up the past. So he really is a Stromling?""Yes. He's destroyed our camp and equipment and has killed tons of us! He needs to be taken out soon.""Yes..." Thaddeus drifted off. He had quite enjoyed Zach when he had known him. Poor soul. Doomed to be an evil little monster for the rest of his life. He sighed as his helicopter landed in the battlefield.******************************Vinyaya wished she had stayed unconscious. Death was more preferable than the current situation at hand.She grunted again as Colonel slammed his boot into her face again. She faded out into unconsciousness yet again, and quickly returned to feel the full pain of Colonel's stomp. Her nose was broken felt extremely dizzy with a massive headache. Signs of a concussion. Vinyaya gasped in pain as Colonel's foot collided with her head again. Despite her current longing for death, she fought to stay conscious. To stay alive.One last slam of the foot. Vinyaya groaned as she rolled to side. She could hear Colonel's heavy breathing above her. "Get up," he hissed. Vinyaya tried to push herself up, but extreme disorientation prevented this. Colonel scoffed. "Disappointing. I've done worse to my own troops back in the LEGOLAND Army and they could hop to their feet in a matter of seconds. The Space Police must not be as high and mighty as its propaganda makes it out to be." Colonel kicked Vinyaya's back. Her armor absorbed much of the attack, but between falling out of the Renaissance and getting beaten to death by a Stromling, it no longer could do its job properly. A sharp blade of pain shot up her spine."Get up!" Colonel demanded. Vinyaya tried, but collapsed yet again. "Pathetic!" He kicked her again. Vinyaya screamed out in pain, rolling on to her back to protect it. Colonel glared down at her, not amused. Vinyaya let out a small sob. Colonel seemed to gain no satisfaction from watching Vinyaya suffer. For some reason, that made the pain even worse."GET UP!" Colonel barked, clearly furious."Why?!" Vinyaya gasped. "Just kill me! Please!" Colonel shook his head, his scowl deepening."You think this pain?!" Colonel hissed, leaning in close the broken commander's face. "You don't the meaning of pain. Perhaps you need to learn it." Colonel leaned back and sharply jabbed his pegleg into Vinyaya's stomach. She screamed again, desperately trying to shove the Maelstrom-reinforced prosthetic off her. He finally lifted up, only to kick her side. She rolled over and found Colonel's boot into her cheek. She coughed, spitting blood out on to the ground. She moaned and curled into a ball. All she within her was gone but pain and hope; hope that pain would fade away."Get up," Colonel commanded quietly. Vinyaya rolled on to her stomach and desperately pushed her self up. After much struggling, she suddenly and miraculously found herself on her feet. She swayed to the side, extremely dizzy. She turned to face Colonel, wiping the blood from her mouth.

IC: Garry was quick to approach Nazareno. He looked him carefully in the eye, or rather the little slits inserted into his mask so he could see."Listen," Garry said. "We got to act fast. If what Zelda said is true and Windows can't warn them, we got to get to the real Maelstrom temple and provide Rex with cover. The only trouble is that we're under staffed. There's you, me, Fuchs, the medics, a couple of prisoners, and maybe a handful of other agents still here. Now that we got a XERRD scientist working in the lab I think somebody ought to keep an eye on him."

OOC: Phew. Finally beat the Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Time to post!IC:Nazareno nodded. "I'll stay here. As much as I'd like to go and see this monstrous power off this planet and to defeat XERRD, I am in no fit condition to go to the Maelstrom Temple."Garry raised an eyebrow. "You seemed fine fighting Zelda earlier."Again Nazareno nodded. "Fighting here and fighting at the Maelstrom Temple are two different things. After Zach shot me in the XERRD Fortress a few days, he left a rather crippling wound. A Maelstrom-infected tumor on stomach. It slowly takes my life and tries take my mind away from me. However, my will power has prevented that from happening immediately. An area with a high Maelstrom concentration would do me it. Which is why it is essential that I train Zelda to fight the Maelstrom off mentally so she does not suffer a similar fate.""Why haven't you spoken to a medic?" Garry asked."I've been busy with Zelda," Nazareno stated simply. Garry sighed, but nodded."Alright, you stay here and keep an eye out on that XERRD scientist. You think you can handle it?"Nazareno smirked, though it was veiled underneath his mask. "I am not completely crippled. I can deal with one XERRD scientist in case he becomes unreasonable."***********************************Vinyaya saw Colonel before her. His metal pole was planeted neatly in the ground in front of him. He leaned on it casually, staring at Vinyaya sternly. However, he was distorted greatly. Occasionally she'd see two of Colonel. The edges of her vision were blurred with purple and red."Come," the two colonel's gestured with his only good hand. She dizzily stepped toward him and tried to punch him. However, it ended up being a pathetic wave of the arm at him. He knocked the hand away easily. He scowled and suddenly kicked the commander in the chest. Vinyaya stumbled backward and landed on the ground on her back."...how...?" she muttered, the wind knocked out her. Colonel stood over her, resting the metal pole over his soldier. For the first time in a while, he smiled at her. A knowing, evil, and twisted smile. Vinyaya managed to scrambled back and sit up to see Colonel standing on his leg and pegleg effortlessly. Black and purple mist swarmed around his feet."How?" she asked, staring at his feet. "Hotwire lost his leg hours ago and he can't walk without crutch yet? You lost your leg probably an hour ago and you can stand up perfectly.""So it would seem," Colonel chuckled. "Perhaps Hotwire doesn't have the Maelstrom on his side?" Vinyaya glanced at the mist again and then back at Colonel. He, with the pole still resting his hand, grabbed Vinyaya's arm and dragged her back to her feet. Vinyaya balanced herself just as Colonel stepped back and swung his pole into her stomach. The sound of metal slamming together deafened her and she doubled over, clutching her stomach. She coughed again, spitting out more blood."Already bleeding from the mouth?" Colonel asked, disappointed. "Disappointing. I truly did expect better. Especially since you are wearing that armor. You clearly have the advantage, and yet you let me step all over you. Since there is clearly no use for it, I think we'll just get rid of it." He jammed his pole repeatedly into her stomach, Vinyaya collapsed to the ground again as Colonel continued his onslaught. Then:"Ah," He jammed his pole hard into her stomach, obviously into some sort of crack in her armor, and bent the pole back like a crowbar. The armor bent and creaked as Colonel pushed down. Finally, the plating broke free. Colonel swept the pieces aside. Underneath her armor was a simple blue jumpsuit with a Space Police emblem on her chest. She shivered as a blast of cold air slammed into her body."Perhaps you will learn to appreciate what you have," Colonel muttered. He then raised the club over his head and slammed it into Vinyaya's stomach. She screamed as searing pain shot throughout her body. Colonel swung several more times into her stomach, each hit more painful than the last."I've become bored with you," Colonel suddenly said as he suddenly diverted his path and slammed the pole into Vinyaya's chest. She cried again weakly, tears freely running down her face. "Perhaps it is time to kill you." Colonel shrugged. "Good-bye, Commander Vinyaya." He walked around her body until he was standing in front of her head. He raised the pole one last time.Vinyaya felt her entire life shoot right through her life. Her childhood, her career, the Dino Attack, her short relationship with Logan Zekria, and finally her beating at the hands of Ernest Quartich. It was all about to end in one single blow.No.Holly Vinyaya was sure what possessed her to move; she had no energy left to move her hand. And yet she had suddenly and quickly rolled away as Colonel slammed the pole into the ground. She gasped in surprise. Colonel grunted as the energy created by the pole slamming into the hard ground traveled up and into his body."So," Colonel said. "You've decided to become interesting it. Excellent. Perhaps you'll put up more of a fight." Vinyaya heard Colonel start walking toward her. She was about to roll away again when she felt something nudge her arm. She held in a gasp as she realized it was her gun she had dropped.She pushed herself up weakly, concealing the gun with her right hand. Colonel stopped his approach. "Ah. So we do have some strength left. Get up." Vinyaya nodded and slowly climbed to her feet. Colonel tapped the pole with his good hand as an act of mock applause."Now face me," Colonel commanded darkly. Vinyaya quickly turned around and pointed the gun at Colonel. His eye widened as Vinyaya fired three times into his chest. He stumbled backward, clutching his chest and groaning. Vinyaya lowered the weapon, panting.Colonel suddenly looked up and grinned as the Maelstrom swirled around the wounds. "I'm not finished yet!" Vinyaya shook her head and fired again, this time at his head. She fired the rest of the clip, each bullet landing in the Stromling's skull. As the weapon clicked, Colonel toppled backwards, silent.Vinyaya limped to his body. His eye was open and colorless, all life had disappeared from it. She saw the Maelstrom slowly slide out of his body. Ernest Quartich was dead. She wanted make some sort of noise of relief or celebration, but nothing came to her. She raised her right foot once and slammed it as hard as she could into Colonel's bullet-ridden head. She felt deep satisfaction as she turned away from the Stromling's body.She walked no more then 10 steps when she collapsed to her knees, the pain from her various wounds overwhelming her. "H-h-h-help!" she cried hoarsely and weakly out to the battlefield. She felt to her stomach, gasping. "Help!" she screamed louder, her voice cracking. She rested her head in the dirt and prayed to Builder someone would find her.OOC: Take that as an invitation for you to find Vinyaya.

OOC:Congratulations, Brikman. I've done that.IC:Catless was disengaging from the battle, preparing to go to the Temple of Creation when she heard a cry. "Help!" She saw a woman in a space police uniform. She picked her up, retrieved the body armor nearby, and wondered what to do with her.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Garry stepped outside and walked toward the vehicle lot. The place was mostly empty, save for a young man, probably in his mid-20's with short hair. His clothes were simple, just a plain vest and shirt. He was busy working on the engines for a fire hammer."You a mechanic?" Garry asked."Yeah," replied the man. "I'm also a qualified pilot.""Is that so?" Asked Garry."Yeah," replied the man."Good," replied Garry. "I got an urgent task. I need you to fly me out to the Maelstrom temple- the real one. You got a name?""Palmer, sir.""Palmer," replied Garry. "Right. Do me a favor and see what little other help you can muster. Meet me back out here.""Sure thing," replied Palmer.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: "Windows," Garry asked as he entered the radio room. "Any word from them?""None sir," replied Windows."Well, I hope Mac and the others are okay," replied Garry. "Alright, Nazareno is busy overseeing research on the Maelstrom. Why don't you give him a hand."

OOC: Hmm. I hope Andrewnuva posts soon. I've been avoiding Zach and Minerva so he could carry on with Andrew's issues.So I'll stick to getting Vinyaya some help.IC:Vinyaya was too disorientated to know who her savior was, but she was thankful nonetheless. However, she could feel the Minifig carrying her slow slightly. She realized the person carrying her was trying to recover her armor. She shook her head weakly."Leave it," she groaned. "It's broken and useless. Just find help." The minifig obeyed hesitantly, dropping the armor and started to walk. The battle had died down significantly. Only a few Mutant Dinos and Stromlings remained in the fight and they were quickly being overwhelmed by the TumTum Tribe and the native Dinosaurs. However, the running engines from the various Dino Attack vehicles had all but completely disappeared."Where is everyone?" Vinyaya asked."Gone," the minifig (a woman, Vinyaya realized). "They've started heading toward the Temple of Creation. Turns out-""-it's the real Maelstrom Temple," Vinyaya completed. "Yeah, I've heard.""We just need to find a ride out," the woman continued. "Though I think you need to go back to the outpost. I've noticed there has been very little signs of medics out here. I - HEY!" The woman yelled out. "WAIT UP!" The woman's pace picked up to a run. Vinyaya turned her head and saw he running for two Fire Hammers sitting near the edge of the jungle.As they reached the Fire Hammers, Vinyaya heard a man with a slight Spanish accent grumbling angrily. "I told them the Maelstrom Temple was the Temple of Creation. Did they listen? No! And look where we are now! A wasted battle and wasted casualties! I want my revenge!""I'm sorry, but this isn't my fault," a voice responded impatiently. Vinyaya quickly connected the voice with Rockford. "Should we have followed a former enemy rather than a current enemy? Probably, but it's too late to change it. You'll get your 'revenge' soon, Villano. Just hold on." The lawyer turned toward the newcomers. "What's happened?""I don't know," Vinyaya's savior responded. "I found her next to a dead Stromling. She's pretty beat up.""Good thing," the martian Laxus said. "There is a medic with this group.""Did someone mention a medic?" a calm, slightly high-pitched voice with the ghost of an Italian accent said. Vinyaya turned and saw a medic jumped down from one of the Fire Hammer. He had large, bushy black mustache with short brown hair topping his head. He had large, piercing blue eyes that showed a certain measure of kindness and pain. He worn a long white coat with both medical and Dino Attack emblems on his right sleeve. He walked over to Vinyaya and the other woman and his eyes widened as he observed the state of Vinyaya's well-being."Yes, I think some medical attention is in ordered." He carefully lifted Vinyaya out of the woman's hands. "My name is Dr. Marco Martinet." The man said warmly. "I think we should start heading toward the Temple of Creation. Is there anything left we need to do, Rockford?""I don't think so," Rockford responded. "Are you taking her to the temple?" He pointed at Vinyaya.Dr. Martinet shrugged. "I should be able to clean her up quickly enough so she can help use out in the inevitable fight. Now, I suggest we head forward."

IC:Alpha Team Special Agent Magma awoke to the sound of a terrible series of explosions.He looked around, and surveyed his surroundings. Unfortunately, there was not much to survey, other than the dark, grungy interior of a prison cell.He frowned. How had he come to be here?The last thing he could remember... hmm. What was the last thing he could remember?Interesting. Memory loss.He decided it was time to make a Tactical Decision: namely, that whatever he couldn't remember about why he was here was not an important priority. An important priority was getting out of here, especially since the sounds of explosions were getting much more terrible and, more importantly, closer to his location.Magma studied the door mechanism. It seemed, on close inspection, to be rather shoddily built. Well, that rules out Ogel. Say what you like about that maniac, but his doors were serious stuff.Whoever had thrown him down here had not bothered to confiscate his hidden laser, and so it was the work of a moment to fry the door mechanism and to smash it down.He stepped outside into an equally grungy hallway. Whoever owned this prison seemed to not be very good at populating it, as there were only a few other cells, and almost all of them were empty.The one exception turned out, to Magma's surprise, to contain Dino Attack Elite Agent Reptile.“Reptile? “ shouted Magma through the door. He fired the laser and blasted down the door.“Magma! What are you doing here?” asked Reptile, as he stepped out.“I don't know. Where is here?” Magma said, frowning again. “Do you remember anything about how you came to be in this place?”“No... I take it you don't either?” Reptile asked. Magma nodded, but his response was silenced by another massive explosion.The scientist and engineer in Reptile was dying to find out what was going on, and where they were, but he decided he would defer to Magma's superior tactical expertise, and ask questions later. And so, Reptile silently followed Magma to the door.This door was significantly superior to the rather pathetic sheets of stone and wood that Magma had been able to shoot down. Some advanced technology had clearly been built into the construction.Magma frowned at it for a few minutes.“I don't suppose you have any tools on you?” asked Magma. “I have a few things, myself.”“They did leave me a few things.. here,” replied Reptile, taking out a couple of pieces of equipment and putting them on the ground between the two men.“Doesn't look useful... but we are both trained as engineers, after all. Let's see what we can do.”*****About fifteen minutes later, the Reptile-Magma Door Remover Prototype (Mark 1) had been assembled, out of Magma's hand laser, three of Magma's other gadgets that their unknown kidnappers had also left them, and a handful of common engineering tools and standard Dino Attack equipment.“Alright, here goes nothing,” said Magma, attaching one of the cables to the door frame. “Set laser initial power to 50%”“Laser power active.. attach the second cable!” shouted Reptile, over the methodical humming of their device.“Second cable attached... full power to the device, please,” Magma returned, holding both cables against the door.The door began to hum as well. Seconds later, it simply shattered inwards, collapsing out of it's frame.Magma and Reptile stared at it, then at each other.“Wow,” said Reptile. “That actually worked!”Magma nodded, amused. “And it didn't even fry my weapon, which is fortunate. Because we're about to need it.”For in the passageway revealed by the explosion were three heavily armored figures. They stared in surprise at Magma and Reptile, but soon regained their composure, drew swords, and charged.OOC: Yes, I'm back (ish)!Thought I'd start off with something unrelated to the current plot and work my way back into it. So for now, assume that Reptile (after transferring command of one of the Adventure Island squads) mysteriously vanished from the mission. Since no one has mentioned him so far in this RPG, that works out. (Same with Magma, though he wasn't actually involved in the Adventure Island mission, as I recall).I have actually come up with some details as to where Magma and Reptile are (I'm not completely making it all up as I go along!), and yes, it's related to the main plot. Hopefully in a few posts I'll be able to end this little sideplot and get them back into the main story, but I'm not sure how long that will take. So bear with me.

current_events_sigbanner.png

The other doctors turned in surprise as Garry walked into the lab accompanied by Windows."What are you doing here?" Fuchs asked."Windows here is going to be helping out," replied Garry. "The radio's not working, we might as well put him to use. I figure you can use all the help you can get."Garry momentarily shot a glance towards Strangebrick, who was busy writing something."Alright," Garry muttered. "Now where did Palmer get to?"

OOC: Yeah, sorry about that vanishing act. Got a bit tied down with things and didn't really feel like posting for a while. Better get things tidied up a bit quickly, espically considering the circumstances.And oh wow, TakanuvaC01 returned before I did. I'm trying not to see that as a metaphor.IC: Bluetooth's eyes widened in horror, and he could hear the rear gunner emit an audiable gasp.The messages coming in were a shocking revelation. All this effort and sacrifice, all for a classic red herring trap? It was horrifying, disheartneing, and reminded him all too much of previous missions' downturns.He turned to Semick. He was sitting still for a moment, processing the message, then, with firece quickness, he grabbed his mic and began making more talk, to both Dino Attack and the remaining ADU forces."If you haven't heard already, I'll let you know. We've been mislead. This temple has been a diversion to divert our attention. As such, all of you must make immediate efforts to reach the Temple of Imagination. I know we've been fighting hard and lost good allies, but we must focus on the battle that remains. Elite Agent Rex and several other trusted agents are there now, and are likely in great peril. It's up to us to save them. To save ourselves. To save our planet."Bluetooth could begin to hear a sense of anger coming from his commanding agent. Anger from the frustration and strain this role was clearly putting on him. It made him a bit fearful, actually. "The emeny has mislead us, and I say it's time we see to it that both the Malestrom AND Dr. Rex's XERRD buddies that they don't want to see us when we're reacting to being tricked for the upteenth time at such a crucial moment! Everyone to the Temple of Imagination! For Rex! For Dino Attack! For everything and everyone you care for! For all the LEGO Planet!"And they were quickly off, the T-1 turning firecely, charging through the remaining Mutant Pterosaurs as Semick set his sight on the direction of the second temple. And as he did so, he opened communications again, this time trying to reach Dust's team. "Dust, this is Semick. What is your team's status?"There was a pause, and after a few seconds, Semick asked again. "Dust, this is Semick. What-""This is Dr. Cyborg speaking," said the voice of someone other than Dust. "I'm sorry to report tha-""I understand," said Semick. "But please, Dr. Cyborg, tell me what happened down there. And make it quick, if you can."---------------"You heard the man, all of you, GO!" Rockford cried as his Fire Hammer's driver sped through the remaining Dino Attack vehicles and Mutant Dino forces.Fortunately, it seemed that the vehicles were responding. Some were reporting to stay behind, mostly to defend wounded and inspect what could be done with the downed vehicles (paticularily the Renaissance, some of the techy agents were quite bemoaning about losing it), but the bulk of their forces were quickly turning tail, fighting through the Mutant Dino forces back to the path they had taken from the outposts.Rockford observed with awe and respect as he watched the agents under "his" partial leadership. One Iron Predator had swung its cannon at a Mutant Raptor trying to charge it like a bat, sending it flying as it sped off. An agent in what looked like a racing helmet was speeding a Steel Sprinter over and through Mutant Lizards like a weaver through cloth. One of the remaining T-1 Typhoon was even keeping watch as an Urban Predator kept coming up on emenies, which seemed to imply the vehicles were being used by close buddies.The sights made Rockford grin. Even as the odds were appearing to get more and more against hin, he couldn't help but feel optmistic that the Malestrom was truely picking the wrong fight."Seems odd that we haven't heard that Zach guy lately," said the driver. "I'd figure he'd be giving another one of those annoying loud mocking rants by now, given the relative sucess of their trickery.""Perhaps he occupied," suggested Laxus. "Maybe something... or someone... has caught up to him and is handling him right now."Maybe," said the driver with a disbelieveing chuckle. "Sounds like a pretty suicidal move to me, in my opinion."---------------Andrew suddenly jerked up, realizing that he had been drifting off again.He shook his head, quicking trying to reasses what he was doing. He was sitting at a table, an open book sitting right in front of him. Directly around him, several different books were placed around him. And surrounding his table, which was part of a long row of tables, was two quite tall, very long bookselves, both filled ot the brim. They streched far off into the distance into blackness.Now what was he doing... oh, yes. He had gone off to the Library to look up a few books for a report he needed to do on Oscar...Andrew raised his hand to his fore head. That wasn't sounding right. There was something else, something more important, something to do with..."Malestrom!" He suddenly blurted out. And the memories of an Egyptian temple, sevearl agents, a long fall, Minerva, mentions of YTP, and Zach came rushing back to him."Fully recovered yet?" Said a familar voice, in more ways than one.Andrew looked behind him to see Semick standing behind him, leaning on the book shelf. But it wasn't Semick. Andrew knew in his gut, and didn't need his oddly red eyes to tell him so, though they helped drive the point home for sure."Ugh... how long has it been," Andrew asked."A week. Or a second. Or something. Time is weird in dream, ya know.""Yeah, yeah." Andrew got up out of his seat. He sighed. "So where is that guy? Figure he's either setting up a trap or coming here to beat me up and then throw me in a mental prisom or something silly.""Oh, he's here," said his conciousness. "He's all around us in fact. Playing 'scary nonminifigoid entity' right now.""Euh..." Andrew seemed lost. He looked around. He couldn't see anything. All there was was the table, the selves, and the shadows surrounding the edges of every-Oh."Interesting choice, I must admit," Andrew's conciousness said. "Reminds me of a good TV show we'll end up watching in a couple of years. Oh, that'll be fun. The place will be full of blue boxes and small oddly-colored horses all flying around in sillyness.""I'll ask later." Andrew stared at that darkness, observing now a slight purple tint. "Well?" He cried out. "Can we get this over with? I'm kinda busy with someing back in the temple, ya know.""Ooooh, what's the rush?" said his other "self." "I'm sure Minerva's got Zach okay. This is mostly her task, redeeming her lover and all that, right? And sure, the rest of the DA team's gotta rush off to the Temple of Creation to save the planet and all that, but I'm sure they can handle it. They've gotten along quite well without us for most of the-""Quiet, you.""Yes, we do have to get a move on, don't we?" said the chilling voice Andrew recalled hearing just before getting knocked out. Its aura of menace russled Andrew's goosebumps up a bit, but he did his best to ignore it. From above, the shadows seemed to pull down like May Day streamers, forming together quickly to take the shape of the Stromling Islander Zach had been with."So..." Andrew muttered as he felt some slight fringes of fear from this being, paticularily its eyes. "I don't believe we were properly introduced. You are...?""Ahua. And don't get the wrong idea, it's I who am the one on top here, not Zach. I was the one who even helped to make him see the light. In a figure of speech, of course. And I don't think it will be hard to do the same for you, either.""... Maybe, but let me say this much, Ahua. I think I'm a bit more different from Zach."The being laughed with amusement. It was still as chilling as its more evil laugh from before. "Maybe so. You think more creatively than him, I will say. And you're optimistic about alot of things, almost blindly so. You certainly know alot as well. And you're also quite stubborn at times. But..."The Stromling glared at Andrew's conciousness. "... this seems like an interesting difference. Your other self here, which seems like a good enough term for it, embodies the one trait, the one desire that I find rather amusing. You've privately wanted to seek us out to use for sufficing your own private desires, while Zach, right to the end, fought futility against the idea of trying to assoicate himself with us. And that worked out well for him, didn't it?" It laughed again.Andrew opened his mouth to say something, but it was his "dark conciousness" that gave the next line. "It did indeed. The Malestrom, for all its goal for chaos and deconstruction and disharmony (oh, I enjoy sneaking those references in!), is beautifull in its creativity with creature design. Think of it, from priate captains with arm-mounted anchors, to giant spider creatures, to possessing large-scale vehicles! It's magnificent."The figure began to shimmer, his form seeming to blur to Andrew's eyes, and within moments, he felt like he was reliving the first dream, the one that ended with the rainy night at the LEGO City police station, as he saw an exact copy of himself standing in "Semick's" place."I, for one, welcome our new Malestrom overlords. If that's what it takes to bring us change at last."Ahua grined an evil grin, one that reminded Andrew of some of the more disturbing pictures he had seen online over the years. "I wholeheartedly welcome that offer. But first..." he turned to the LEGO Islander. "... We have to get yourself fully open to the idea."The steamers came down from the shadows again, pulling both Ahua and his "dark conciousness" upwards. Andrew could fell it, somehow. He could feel, somewhere around his heart, something sickly and dark blooming, like a chest wound's infection now working its works.Looking up again, he began to see the shadows around him moving. Moving, closing in, slowly making the visible parts of the library he was in smaller and smaller.He knew he had to stay out of the shadows. Less it be the end of himself as he knew himself. But how was going to be the question of the hour.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: Alright, it's time for some epic action at Fort Legorado. Oh Znap it, let's go bowling For real this time.IC: The sounds of horse hooves echoed through the desert as the posse made their way toward Fort Legoredo. For a brief moment the Second Headquarters Squad turned in confusion as they rode past them."What are cowboys doing?" Heavy shouted."ZIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE!" Medic shouted.It was not long before the noises of gunfire echoed through the barren landscape. Clint drew his pistol as they approached a group of hybrids. He fired, taking one out immediately. Angel Eyes was quick to follow, then Maria, Thomsen, and Sherriff West.

"This a little more your taste?" Sarah asked as she sat down with Pierce over a small table containing a simple but fancy looking turkey dinner."Yeah," replied Pierce. "At least we don't have any more of that Agent Dude.""SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!" They suddenly heard Walter shouting close by. There was some arguing heard afterword."Just the two of us," replied Sarah. "Tell me, in all this time, what's been going on with you?""I'm still a doctor," replied Pierce. "They put me in the team's medical wing for a reason. You?""Borderline poverty," replied Sarah. "Do you have any idea how many people Wallace took loans from for his experiments? Then he gets himself locked up and who do they come after? His sister of course, because it's not like she's already having trouble keeping a stable job while trying to give her daughter a half-decent education. Poor Kate had big plans for college, and we couldn't afford to enroll her anywhere."Suddenly, they were cut off when a random man showed up with a violin and started playing vaguely romantic-sounding music."Excuse me," Sarah remarked. "What exactly are you doing?""Oh," replied the musician. "Mr. Rand hired me to come in and create a romantic atmosphere for this scene.""Who?" Asked Pierce."Oh," replied the musician. "Umm... nobody, just... um... I gotta go."With that, the man quickly bolted out of the room."Now where were we?" Sarah asked. She walked over to Pierce's side of the table and sat down next to him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and they started to kiss."HEY MAN!" Came a sudden familiar voice. Sarah looked up to see the familiar face of Agent Dude, holding a beer. "Did you hear about the stuff on Adventurers' Island man? They're like, sending a couple of people to do stuff. They're sending us out in a couple hours.""That's very good, Dude," replied Sarah. "Tell me, is that still open?""Yeah," replied Dude. "I'm pretty sure it is."Sarah quickly stood up."Where you goin'?" Pierce asked."I'm joining the team," replied Sarah. "I'm sick of waiting around here in Antarctica. My girl is out there and I'm going to make sure she's alright."

IC:"Do you want the long version, the medium version, or the length-appropriate-to-our-situation version?" Dr. Cyborg asked."The length-appro.... Ah forget it, the last one!" Semick replied."We fought through traps and Stromling Crocs to get to the main chamber. It was empty. Lutsky shot Dust. We realized it was the Temple of Creation. We used ER001, the dropship agent Kara brought, to get to the real temple. We are now waiting for the rest of the team to catch up, for as we were at the red herring, we know kinda what to expect, and the team needs a guide or four."As he said that, a couple of Fire Hammers appeared, one of them being the Infiltrator's Hammer."X2, stay in ER001 with Lutsky. I want him safe and sound for the court-martial where I prosecute him for Dust's murder," Dr. Cyborg said. X2 complied and buckled the improv handcuffs to a handrail.OOC:PeabodySam, has Rex accepted the UlTech Infiltrator Dr. Cyborg gave him or not?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Garry stepped outside of Outpost 4 to find, to his surprise, Palmer waiting in front of a T-1."There you are," Palmer said keenly."Did you find anyone?" Garry asked."Yes," replied Palmer. "They're in the chopper here."Palmer climbed into the cockpit as Garry stepped into the back. With him were four other men, the one that caught his attention was a large bearded man with a green baseball cap who seemed to be fiddling with a pocket knife. Then the engines started and the chopper started to rise. Within a few minutes they were in the air. There was a few minutes, and then it happened. There was a sudden burst of smoke from the engine, the tail rotor seemed to be failing."What's going on?" Garry asked."I don't know," replied Palmer. "I'm losing control."Soon the vehicle was spinning, and came to a rather hard crash onto the ground.

OOC: Whoa. I can say I honestly didn't know if TakanuvaC01 would ever return. But since you did...welcome back!Oh man, the references. I chuckled quite a few times, Andrewnuva. I'm on the internet way too much.IC:Zach poked Andrew's body curiously with the Cosmotronic Ray. No response. He shrugged and turned back to Minerva."You know what? I don't really care about him. It looks like Ahua can deal with him. Heck, maybe Andrew will kill that treacherous scum. It would do me a favor." Zach chuckled. Minerva merely frowned, her arms crossed. His eyes narrowed."You know Minerva," he said coldly. "You should lighten up. Life is a lot easier if you smile!" He smiled widely. Minerva shook her head quietly. He stared at her, unfazed, but highly suspicious of her. What is she planning? Though I suppose I've killed much of her morale. What else can she do?"You are really bringing down my good mood," Zach said to Minerva. "I could tell more dark secrets that might upset you, but where would the fun be in that?" Of course, the dark secret he was thinking of was the fact that the temple they stood in was not the actual Maelstrom Temple."Oh really?" Minerva suddenly said forcefully. "You are a zombie that basically feeds off of negative emotions. Why wouldn't telling me something disheartening be any fun for you?"Zach was surprised but her sudden hostility. "You are...different. I can't enjoy seem to enjoy the suffering from you as much." As he said it, he knew exactly why he couldn't get a reaction out of Minerva's pain. And he hated himself for it."What do you want out of me then?" Minerva asked curtly, glaring at him. "Why don't you just kill me?"Zach didn't say anything, which proved to be a fatal mistake. Minerva revealed a small smile. "You don't want to kill me.""Yes, I do," Zach hissed."But Zach...the real Zach...is stopping you, isn't he?" Zach didn't respond, but his anger was begin to grow and Minerva's confident smile widened. "He is. He isn't as dead as you think!" Without realizing it, he cupped his hand around Minerva's mouth and slammed her head against the stone wall."Shut. Up," Zach growled at her. Her eyes were widened with fear and she struggled against Zach's tight grip. "You think you know what you are doing. Let me tell you something: you don't." Minerva began trying to force the dark violet hand off her mouth frantically. Zach smirked at the sight of her struggling, but could feel a knot forming in his stomach. I've revived some of her morale.***************************Minerva felt her breath being stolen away by Zach's suffocating hand. She tried to pry his fingers away from her cheeks to no avail. She finally gave up her attempts at freeing herself and could only resort to breathing through her nose in a loud, hurried fashion."Have we learned our lesson?" Zach asked coldly. Minerva nodded weakly. He shoved her head back against the wall again and released his grip. She winced, but ignored the pain as Zach stood back.He's still in there, she thought. He's still fighting. The thought was comforting, knowing that Zach's efforts against the Maelstrom were preventing Stromling!Zach from killing her. I need to help him, but how? She glanced at Andrew's body. If he was awake, he could've reminded him of his home on LEGO Island or something. However, Minerva knew little to nothing about LEGO Island, so she abandoned that idea.No, it had to be something personal between her and Zach. Something that would inspire him to keep fighting. Something to repel the Maelstrom long enough for Minerva to inject him with the Maelstrom cure. She knew exactly what she needed to say. She had denied it for a while, but it was so obvious that she had been called out on it by multiple people, including Dust, Andrew, Oswald. She sighed."What?" Zach asked, an eyebrow raised."I-" Minerva stammered. She tried to find the right words to describe her feelings. "I...""What?" Zach asked again, this time more forcefully. "You're right!" she gasped. "We are more then friends! I do like you more than a friend. If the Stromling had been Nazareno or Andrew, I wouldn't have gone to extremely measures to find them! I-I-I...I love-"*******************************Zach had disregarded the rest of Minerva's reveal. He felt Minifig!Zach forcing his way into control. At first it was extremely distant, but it grew louder with each second. The sound of Minifig!Zach yelling out for Minerva. He knocked Minifig!Zach down repeatedly, but he continued to fight against the Maelstrom. Zach grimaced. He need to kill Minerva now.Without any sort of gloat whatsoever, Zach raised his Cosmotronic Ray arm and swung down, intending to bludgeon Minerva to death. He waited to hear the sound of bones breaking and Minerva's scream as she faded away. However, he only heard the sound of metal slamming and grinding together. Zach's eyes widened at looked at Minerva.In her right hand, bandaged with black fabric, was an Injection Saw very much similar to the one Andrew and Carolyne Provencal had used against him. The device's blade had somehow held up against Zach's attack. Minerva forced the gun arm back and pointed the saw at Zach, a fearful yet determined look on her face.Zach's eyes grew wider as he noticed a blue liquid sloshing around in the syringe of the tool, glowing weakly. The Injection Saw was the same one Andrew had used. Zach was certain Minerva knew what the liquid was. Minerva nodded slowly, as if to confirm Zach's suspicions."I've waited long enough," Zach said, his face twisted into anger and his slammed Minifig!Zach back into the bottom of his mind. "Now, you die."

IC: Garry and the other four men climbed out of the smoking remains of the T-1. Palmer quickly worked his way out of the cockpit."Everyone alright?" He asked. "Good.""What happened out there?" Garry asked."I'm not sure," replied Palmer. He quickly tried to open a hatch and look into the engine. Brushing aside a cloud of smoke and coughing, he carefully inspected it before he turned to Garry."I'm not 100% sure," Palmer said. "But I think this might have been deliberate.""I see," replied Garry."Whoever was responsible sure knew what they were doing," Palmer said."Didn't you check it before," Garry asked."Yeah," replied Palmer. "Whoever did it did a good job hiding it. I think it might have been intended to fail when we were in the air.""Someone didn't want us to reach the temple?" Asked Garry."Oh we're near the temple," replied Palmer. "We can get there on foot from here. They probably didn't want us getting out too easily.""How exactly does one sabotage an engine without being noticed?""I suppose if they cut the intricate circuitry, stuff that isn't as easy to see. All it would take is a simple knife."Garry thought about it for a moment. Then he remembered the bearded man. "You there,' he said. "You got a name?""Clark," replied the agent."Right," replied Garry. "Did you destroy the engine?""No," replied Clark."Megablock," replied Palmer. "He wouldn't admit to that.""They would have had to destroy it before we took off," replied Palmer. "I sent him to meet me outside once I found the others. The point is that someone among us isn't who he appears to be, and unless we find out who, we're in constant danger."