Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: Well, let's see what's going on with our heroes at Gold City. Fortunately for them it just so happens that in between posts Spy spontaneously had a heart attack for no good reason and slipped on a bananna peel while drinking a cup of tea and fell out an inconviently placed window, onto an even more inconviently placed exploding bomb before getting caught in a conviently timed shooting accident.IC: It was not long before Clint, Angel Eyes, and Maria were approaching Fort Legorado. Unlike most of the buildings in town, this one was more or less intact, possibly even improved structurally and modified, which made sense given that the hybrids were using it as their main base. On the roof there was a sentry marching back and forth, lit by a small torch nearby."How we goin' to get in?" Maria asked. "The place is probably crawlin' with 'em hybrids.""Simple," replied Clint. "Just takes a little stealth. Maria, you have a knife or something?"Maria slowly opened her vest to reveal a small but intimidating knife hidden in her belt."Good," replied Clint. "You're going to need that. Now I reckon we get in through the side. There's probably a guard there as well. Give me five minutes to distract him."Clint quickly rode around to the left side of the fort. Sure enough next to the large gate was a rather mean-looking hybrid with a sharp spear. He quickly noticed Clint and hissed menacingly."Now now," Clint said. "Is that any way to treat company."The hybrid started to move toward Clint, but at that moment was suddenly grabbed and his throat was cut open. The body collapsed onto the ground, the hybrid trying to scream, but only making a very muffled wheeze."Nice work, Maria," Angel Eyes said keenly as he approached. Maria could only smile as she held the knife.

"CLEAR!" Copper shouted. He pressed the two paddles of the defibrillator down on Zelda. There was a moment of silence as he turned to Wade."I think we might have something," replied Crusher. "I got a pulse."Garry and Fuchs were watching from a few feet away."I'm not sure I understand," Garry said. "Wouldn't an overdoes like that be lethal?""Normally it would be," replied Fuchs. "In this case however, the victim had a second creative spark inside, which gave her some form of life and made it easier for us to revive her."At that moment Enter burst into the room holding a large shark."Dang it," Copper shouted. "Garry would you get those fools out of here?"

"Excuse me," a nurse said. "Dr. Alan Pierce?"Pierce looked up from his bed. "That's me," he remarked."I understand you are a skilled doctor.""Yes," replied Pierce."If we were to try you out on a crutch temporarily, do you think you could help us?""Yeah, I think so," replied Pierce.The nurse smiled and removed Pierce's bedsheets. She handed him a crutch and helped him to his... erm... foot.

iC:A Juvenal Chimpanzee has enough strength to rip the arm out of a grown man’s socket. A Super powered Stromling ape has enough strength to rip the arm out and then use said arm as a grotesque club.Needless to say that an army of incredibly fast and incredibly angry Stromling monkeys soon turned the highly efficient Dino Attack team into a screaming mass.Fortunately what made this battle different from the massacre at the rear Guard camp was the Presence of significant air support. The Renaissance, the Talon, and Semick’s Typhoon moved over the battlefield and fired their powerful twin rotating Quintronic Sonic Beam Emitters into the mob of monkeys.The incredible sonic beams scattered the Stromlings. Hertz was able to see the creatures clutch their heads before the lethal waves dropped them to the ground.Hertz took position beside Vinyaya by the dour. He spotted a great Stromling ape not far from the temple entrance harassing Professor Norman and Doctor Cyborg.He pulled out his radio. “Semick, I spotted Zach and his pet of your starboard side.”The Elite agent’s helicopter circled around and opened fired with its side mounted machine gun.

The Egyptian crouched under the shadow of the stone buzzard. Once again the situation was rapidly going bad and he really had no intension to stay outside much longer.Beside him Elite Agent Andrew was shooting repeatedly with his Cosmotronic Ray at the pack of Mutant Lizards. Minerva was scanning the battlefield for Zachary but apparently to know avail.“You’re not going to find him!” yelled Dust over the sounds of screams and gunfire. “Your boyfriend is into theatrics he’ll be waiting for you in the main chamber of the temple. Trust me.”Minerva rolled her eyes. “Trust you?”The Egyption looked the women in eye. “Look, you really think I would lie at this stage? I’m at my end game now. He’ll be in the temple.”To more agents joined them in the shadows. One had a loose fitting uniform that hung strangely over his thin alien body. The other was a wide shouldered corpse of a figure with a bone white skeleton face.“Laxus! Septimus! Glade to see you’re in good shape!” said Andrew.Dust had a difficult time reading martin facial expressions but he assumed Laxus smiled. “Someone needs to look out for you right buddy.”Septimus gave an approaching monkey a powerful whack with his spear and opened fire with his blaster. “I will also be joining you.”“Good.” Said Dust. “Four should be a good number. Come on let’s go.”The five agents shoot from their positions and ran up the long set of steps. Pure Stromlings where starting to pop out of the ground like daisies but Dust was able to make short work of them with some well thrown knives.They had reached the great dour and it took their combined efforts to push aside the massive stone. Dust felt an incredible exhilaration as he crossed the threshold into his temple. It was oddly well lit with an unknown blue light and the sandstone walls shown a clean gray.Dead bugs littered the cold floor and a thick layer of dust covered every surface.The sound of battle died almost instantly as they stepped inside. All that could be heard was a faint echo of water dripping deep within the temple.Two more people stepped in behind them.Ooc:(Three if Dr. Cyborg wants to finish up his fight and tag along)IC:Lance Williams broke the tranquil silence. “Dude, it pretty gnarly in here. Cool too.”“Your opinion is appreciated Standard Agent Williams.” Said Carl Lutsky as he stepped into the cool entry chamber.The former commander walked strait to Dust. He looked terrible, his eyes where still red rimmed and his once studiously combed hair still hung in clumps across his brow. He had taken the time to change back into his uniform and he cared himself with his former dignity.“What’s your plan?” asked Lutsky. “How do we get to the Mealstom chamber?”Dust tried to read the commander before turning back to Andrew. “Well I’m not the Elite, I’m not calling all the shots now, you are. I’m just you guide at this point.”“True that.” Chucked Lance.Andrew shrugged. “Well let’s not do anything stupid. We’re really close to the Mealstrom now so we’re be feeling the emotional effects. We’re also need to keep an eye out for stromlings”Dust continued. “I can will let you know where to begin.” He pointed to one of the six doors that let out from the chamber “We’re going threw that dour it’s the most direct. But be warned there will be a few surprises in store.”“Like that?” asked Laxus; The first to notice the skeleton in the room.Septimus knelt down beside the unfortunate victim. “He’s dead.”“Spot on” chuckled Dust. “Come on, we don’t have much time.”The seven agents stepped over the bones and into the dark tunnel.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: Okay, with this next post, we're going to play a litle game. It's a game I like to call "Spot the Expy". Whoever spots the expy and can figure out who it's an expy of will um... get to find a really conviently placed chest filled with long lost treasure or something.IC: Enter charged into the room holding his shark. Copper and the others ducked out of the way as Enter suddenly smashed the shark into Zelda's chest. Her eyes opened suddenly and she coughed."What did you just do?" Crusher asked, confusedly."Basic CPR," replied Enter. "Can't go to any emergency without a shark.""You've got to be megablockn' kidding," Copper said.Zelda moaned as she slowly started to sit up. Wade ran to her side and put an arm around her shoulder. Zelda briefly gagged for a moment, and then shot a large ammount of vomit onto poor Enter. Return arrived at that moment and started laughing."Look," Wade shouted. "This is serious buisiness, someone get a bucket."Carver came back a moment later with a small round pale that she put into Zelda's lap. The young agent vomitted once again."I don't believe it," Garry muttered. "I gotta tell Windows.""I think it worked," Crusher said. "I think we should probably find something else to use in the compound but our hypothesis seems to be correct."

"Windows," Garry said as he entered. The young radio operator took off his headphones and turned toward him. "How's it going? Any updates?""Yes sir," replied Windows. "Last I heard they were approaching a Maelstrom river or something weird like that.""I see," replied Garry. "Listen, I've got a very important update for you. I need you to get in touch with them. Tell them we think we've just cured a Stromling.""What?" Windows asked."Just do it," replied Garry.Windows put on his headphones and turned back to the radio."Standard Agent Hertz, this is Windows, come in. Do you read me. Over."Windows had to repeat the message two or three more times before he finally got a response."That's a roger Windows, Over" replied Hertz voice."Listen Hertz," Windows said. "Garry's in here. He says he's got an important update. He claims that they may have cured a Stromling. I repeat, he thinks that a Stromling has been cured. Over."

Sarah kept her arm around Pierce as she led him towards the mess hall. The place was largely crowded, but fairly straight forward. There was a counter where people would line up to pick up food from the cooks, and they would sit down and eat at one of the tables. It was very much like a standard cafeteria.After getting their food, Sarah helped Pierce toward a table and sat him down before taking another seat herself. They were about to start talking when another man arrived."Hey Sarah," shouted a strange man with a thick beard, sunglasses, rediculously long hair, and incredibly baggy clothes that looked like old worn-out pajamas. He was accompanied by a large man with a buzz cut and a brown beard. "How's it goin' man.""Just fine, Dude," replied Sarah."Who's he?" Pierce asked."Agent Dude," replied Sarah. "His superiors thought it was stupid and didn't think he'd be good in the field so they kept him here."Another young man ran up to the two of them. "Hey guys, I just found out, they posted the times for the next tournament.""SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!" Shouted Dude's companion only to cut himself off. "When is it?""Tonight," replied Donnie."Bowling?" Asked Pierce, confusedly."They um... improvised a bowling alley," replied Sarah. "Long story.""Yeah," said Dude. "Would you, uh, like to come out to see us bowl, man?""Sure," replied Sarah unenthusiastically. "As long as Walter doesn't pull out his gun again."Pierce looked on in confusion."Hey," Dude's companion shouted. "THAT GUY WAS OVER THE LINE!"

Clint slowly drew his gun as he stepped into the dark courtyard of Fort Legorado. Maria had her knife still drawn, and her hand ready for her gun. The place was largely empty. A few hybrids were sleeping in scattered positions, some of them making a soft hissing noise, but aside from one or two sentries up front watching the outside, it seemed empty."We got to be very quiet," Clint said as he led them toward the back rooms.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: That guy, I may've not said anything, primarily due to me being in another state on vacation and not quite in a position to do much with RPG posting, or just lacking motivation, but I never said I was okay with letting Laxus join the Malestrom temple infltration team. I prefer to think he could be of more use with the main battlefield. So I think I will be manuvering him out of there.Also, I think we're beginning to differ on our views of the team status as a whole, though that may because my writing adrelenine has been fueled by the patriotism I've ammased in myself by writing with Semick far too much.Speaking of which, did you really just name his T-1? Okay...IC: It was perhaps Dino Attack's darkest hour, according to Rockford's perspective. An ammasing of men, women and various other kinds of beings together to fight one of the universe's most powerful entities, currently struggling with ordinarily creatures made horrifyling fierce by said entity.It was a fight that DIno Attack seemed at impossible odds at surviving, let alone besting. But the more Rockford focused on certain aspects, the more he felt confident in the ideals Semick and others had been telling themselves since heading off. Even as one or two found themselves failing to match the brutalitiy of the Malestrom's monkies, others were fighting to near bitter ends to keep them off their vehicles, doing everything in their power to protect themselves and others, less there be no more to stop whatever else was waiting in the woods.And they were doing one heck of a job. In one Urban Avenger, an agent was able lure the monkey trying to pull him off right on top of him... and right in range of the Sonic Screamer on top, which a push of said agent's elbow on the trigger button made blast the monkey right under the wheels of Mur's Iron Predator. In another spot, an agent managed to unveil a sword of some kind, perhaps hinting of a past at Pirate or Castle Cove, and was bashing the monkeys away like flies. In yet another Fire Hammer, guns blazed like crazy as the agents fended off at every monkey within their area, including the ones try to take out other vehicles. And of course, the half-doze T-1s and the Renaissance in the air were doing a good job at providing extra cover fire. The one Rockford thought Semick was on, in paticular, was already moving in to start focusing fire on the Stormling ape that had been harrasing the team thus far.This raised Rockford's spirits, and helped him to concentrate on his work. It meant that Dino Attack was still proving their worth as the LEGO Planet's protectors. At this rate, taking down Dr. Rex would be bakery work by comparison."We're doing good," said Mur as he managed to catch a Stormling monkey trying to leap him, which he managed to stop with a good slap to the head (Rockford could've swore his one arm didn't even touch it, but blamed it on the blur of his movement). "I hope Dust is getting his men into that temple, though. The more he delays, the more he-Oh good, he's doing it."Rockford looked in the direction Mur was looking in. Beyond their IP's firing Cryothermic Cannon, several minifigures were running into now open doors in the temple's front entrance."Get the message out that we're in full CC mode now," Mur told the lawyer. Rockford was already putting the mic to his lips, giving out the coded message he was told to give so any interception of the comn wouldn't fully understand."Alert! The X-Wings are in the trench! I repeat, the X-Wings are in the trench!" Just after he gave the message, Semick came on the radio."Good to hear, Rockford. Now Mur, I just got word from Stranger that we're getting pure Stormlings by the cliffs.""What's the worse news?" Mur said, taking over for Rockford for the moment."They're pulling the Ewok stragedy on us: Overwhem and overtake. Let the IP and FH crews be on alert for up close ambushes. These vehicles can't survive specific attacks like this, so the men will have to watch each other.""Got it," said Mur, handing the mic back to Rockford. "You give the message.""Alert! Pure Stormlings are overwhelming and overtaking IPs and FHs! If you see a vehicle in this state, defend your teammates, and if they take the vehicle, just blow it up!"Though after saying the message, he remarked to Mur, "X-Wings and Ewoks? Great, geeks are writing our code now.""At least it wasn't a Firefly reference," Mur remarked back, confusing Rockford.----------------"Laxus are you sure about this?" Minerva asked Laxus just as Dust was starting to advance in further."You guys need all the help you can get, don't you?" said Lauxs. Though in honesty, he had just decided to go on instinct after Dust's group had started to get overwhelmed with no vehilce support. That, and he hadn't been in his Fire Hammer when the attacks started, so he didn't really have much in terms of cover."I admire your support, but I'll be honest. I don't trust Dust, and the moment me and Andrew can get a chance to get to Zach, we're ditching him. Besides, what we're doing is very dangerous, and we're only doing it because of our... ties to Zach. You don't have any beyond fighting alongside with him, and that doesn't exactly bode well for whatever we might encounter when we face him. I think it's best that you help the others."Laxus looked over the circumstances. The other people going in besides Dust, Minerva and Andrew were the unstable and hard realist Lusky, the Ogel Drone Septimus, whose mental state could mean Malestrom had a hard time getting through to him, and an appearent surfer guy he didn't really know. It did honestly make him look like a bit of an expendable."You're right," he said with a sigh. "Just explain this well to Dust and Andrew, and make sure he knows that I hope the best for him. I really do.""I will," said Minerva. "And watch yourself. It's only slightly safer out there than in here."The martian nodded and ran back out, finding himself only a few yards from the battle sight involving Dr. Cyborg, the Stormling ape, and Zach himself. Seeing a T-1 move in for closer range, he wisely began to head the opposite direction, seeking the cover of the obalisks.-----------------The T-1's machine gun fire had served as ample distraction for the ape and his rider as Semick manuvered his vehicle in for closer shots. He did his best to keep a cool head, but knowing that this was the... thing that was taking quite a bit of glee in pushing his men to their limits was getting his fury up. To calm himself, he did his best to think about who the creature had been... and arguably still was.Zach, Semick thought to himself, oh Zach. You don't know how much I wish you were here below me in the front gunner seat, blasting these monsters into submission. You may currently be some kind of psychopath, but I have a good feeling you're still in there somewhere, giving it all you've got to get your body back and show that "Baron" of yours who's the better one. If by some chance you can hear me, then let me tell you this: I'm sorry for any injuries I lay on you, and keep up the fight in there. I'm rooting for you.As for you, "general"... I'll show you what the price is for breaking our eardrums telling us we're "doomed". "Open fire!" He shouted to the gunner in the front gunner seat, as he prepared to fire every weapon he could personally at the emenies below him.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOCIt must be that agent Dude is an expy of the dude from the Big Labwusky. (Excuse the spelling)

OOC: Not quite but to be honest I'm surprised anyone here even knew that film well enough to get that. It was actually all three of them, Dude, Walter, and Donnie. I originally wanted to introduce them on Adventurers' Island but than I realized that it wouldn't make sense for a character like Dude to be there so I re-wrote him into Antarctica. Anyway, for guessing right you um... get a free conviently placed treasure chest.Sadly I don't have time to post an IC just yet. It looks like something interesting is happening so I'll try soon enough to get a Cabin/Mac/George post in once I figure out what to do. Hopefully I can get a Rotor/Kate post in somewhere soon as well. What I will try to do next is give you an update on Gold City as well as Zelda's recovery.

OOC: Alright! I'm here! Lots of action seems to be involving Zach. Writing this may take awhile.IC:"Really, Cyrista?" Zach said as Cranky smashed his fist into the spot where Dr. Cyborg was. "'Failstrom'? We are not petty children on the playground. If you are going to insult me, you are going to do it right!" Another smash as Dr. Cyborg dodged the fist again. "Now, I think-" Zach was silenced as a missile struck bellow Cranky's feet, knocking him back. Zach tightened his grip on Cranky's fur and prayed that the ape did not fall backwards. Chunks of ground flew everywhere."What was that?" Zach said, clearly disturbed. He looked over and saw a Fire Hammer with smoke emitting from the Xenon Launcher as if a missile had been recently been fired. He grinned widely. "Kill," he muttered to Cranky. Cranky roared and charged at the Fire Hammer fiercely. He grabbed the cab of the jeep and shook it violently."Finish it!" Zach roared. Cranky shoved the shaken Fire Hammer near the cliff and carefully let the back wheels slide off the cliff. "And...good." The Fire Hammer was now precariously dangling over the cliff. "That should provide enough entertainment. Now-" He was interrupted by the rapid gunshots from a T-1 Typhoon above him that were aimed at him. Zach scowled."Every wants to hang out with me today apparently," Zach said. "Oh well. Can't let that ruin the fun! Go!" Cranky started running back into the battlefield. Zach slid himself to Cranky's side to better guard himself from the T-1 Typhoon's attack. He could hear Cranky grunting as bullets pierced his body, but he continued forward despite the pain."There!" Zach grinned. An Iron Predator was just ahead...*************************"You want to win the battle, get rid of that monkey!" Vinyaya barked into the radio. The Mutant Pterosaur had mostly backed off, allowing the T-1 Typhoon fleet to focus its firepower on taking out the seemingly endless army of Stromlings below. Particularly the massive Stromling Ape that had just shoved a Fire Hammer halfway over the edge of a cliff."It's heading for Agents Mur and Rockford's Iron Predator!"**************************"And fire!" Colonel yelled out! The Z-1 Kinetic fired at a nearby Fire Hammer, blowing it to pieces. "Excellent!""Hey!" a voice yelled over the radio. "What do you think you're doing, agent?" Colonel grinned."My job, soldier. General Virchaus wants these vehicles out of here!""Virchaus? What....OH ZNAP! THE STROMLINGS HAVE HIJACKED ONE OF OUR IPS!" Colonel laughed loudly."On to the next one, boys!"***************************Minerva held her Sonic Screamer close. Dust walked carefully through the temple, the other agents close behind. She could feel an annoying buzzing in her head.What are you waiting for? a voice hissed her head. Dust has no intention of helping Zach. Leave the fool and find Zach!Minerva felt slightly dizzy. "I think those Maelstrom effects Zach was talking about are already occurring," she said to Andrew. He nodded slowly."I can feel it too." Around her, the agents showed signs of queasiness and nausea. Regardless, she fought through the uncomfortable buzzing in her head and pressed forward."Stop," Dust muttered. The agents seized their movement."What is it, Thutmose?" Lutsky asked impatiently. Minerva scowled at him despite her attempts to keep her emotions in check. Especially in a place that seemingly can manipulate your emotions to its advantage."A trap," Dust responded. He picked up the bone of a dead minifig and tapped the floor ahead of him. A small arrow shot out of the walls and bounced of the bone, clearly not containing enough force to implant itself into the bone."Doesn't seem that bad," Lance said, shrugging. Dust picked up the arrow and sniffed it. He turned to Lance and held the arrow up to his face."Poisoned arrowheads," Dust said. "And that poison is the Maelstrom. If this thing buries itself into your skin and gets the Maelstrom into the bloodstream, you'll become a Stromling rather quickly, I would think." Uneasiness spread throughout the group. Dust turned back to the hallway."Follow me," he said. "Don't make a wrong step, or you will regret it." With that, Dust stepped on to the floor. Minerva winced, expecting an arrow to be implanted into Dust's arm. However, nothing happened. She looked down on the floor. It was divided into tiles, each with its own individual markings on them.Dust reached out and stepped on to the next tile, two tiles away from the one he was standing on. He turned back to the group. "Come on!" Minerva stepped, shaking, and stepped on the tile Dust was previously standing on. She breathed a sigh of relief as nothing shot out at her. She looked back at Dust, who had already moved on to the third tile."Keep moving, Fabello," Dust muttered, concentrating on the task at hand. Minerva nodded and moved over to the next tile as Andrew stepped on to the first tile.

OOC: I dunno if peope are getting mixed up or not, but I believe the Z-1 Kinetic Launcher on the Iron Predator is the little machine gun thing on the side, and the Cryothermic Cannon is the BFG that is the vehicle's signature weapon.IC: Andrew breathed a sigh of relief as again, nothing happened as he stepped on the tile. Looking at the floor, he could definately see a sort of pattern going on with the tiles, at least in terms of what ones were being avoided, and what the crew was stepping on so far. A classic adventure story trick."Is this as easy as it looks, Dust?" He asked who he was calling leader, ignoring the small whispers that were telling him otherwise. Never listen to the voices in your head. It was something Andrew knew well, even if he hadn't always been a follower of that philosophy. "Step on the right tiles, and we'll be fine? Or was this Hotep more ingeneous and clever in how he layed this out?""Don't ask questions, just follow my lead," the Egyptian said."Yes, but we could possibly move quicker if we knew what we were doing. Knowledge is power, after all."---------"Didn't I make that clear, agent?" Rockford muttered as someone screamed about the hijacked IP. Around him, his vehicle was already moving in position to fire at the hijacked vehicle, and another Iron Predator, along with two Fire Hammers, were preparing to do the same."IPs aren't known for their manuverablitiy," Mur was saying, "and that goes for the gun, too! The cockpit is exposed, and we never made it with a need for sheilds in mind! It's a Megablokin' easy target for military forces, so if you men can't take it down, I don't know what will! Fire away!"The cannons and guns began firing, all aimed at the center of the IP, where its infected crew were stationed. The blasts were striking hard, but the smoke from the impact was obscuring the results. Mur was grimmancing, and Rockford could only watch and listen to the comn chatter. He really needed to grab a-"MUR! YOU'VE GOT 8 O'CLOCK COMPANY!" Semick's voice cried through the radio. The two agents in charged turned in said direction to see the Stormling Ape, still shoving off the firepower of Semick's T-1 as it ran towards their vehicle."Znap it all, this is getting ridiculous!" Mur cried as he ran to the edge of the cockpit. "I don't care how much enegry this Malestrom is giving you, you don't just shove off a T-1's assult without consequence!"The Stormling Ape lept at the cockpit, and Rockford began to yell for Mur to get out of the way. But as the ape got within a yard, of the vehicle, Mur swinged his left side where his left arm used to be, and the giant ape flew backwards, backfirst onto the ground. It was like a giant fist had punched it back."KARMA, YOU SON OF A GUN!" Rockford was speechless, as was the crew of the Iron Predator. Mur simply glared at the creature, turned back to his crew and pulled down on his uniform at the neck to show his arm stump. In its place was a small cicular device, buzzing from a small antanee attached to it."Somethin' I was working on with the medical crew. Experimental, supposed to be a more interesting prostetic than robotic limbs and pegs. Long story, I'll explain later. Now get the guns aimed at that thing and let's help Semick wipe that thing out! Sone of a 'blok's been Rasputinin' for far too long!"OOC: It's going a long way just to make a reference (Mur's basically a homage to a series of flash puzzle games called Submachine I've played), and I hope it's not overpowering the character.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC:Did I get Zach's personality right, Brikman?IC:The ape was distracted. Now's my chance, Cyborg thought. He somersaulted backwards into the temple, and ran to the team. Luckily, they weren't that far away.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: Ah, so it is. Thanks for the correction, Andrewnuva.I'd say you got Zach's personality down rather well, avmatoranIC:Zach quickly let go of Cranky's fur as the Stromling Ape flew backwards. I'd rather not be crushed by a 600 pound gorilla, thanks. He slid on his back into the ground for several yards. After he stopped, Zach pulled himself off the ground and saw Cranky laying farther ahead on his back."That was exhilarating," Zach said, slightly dazed. "I'd rather not do that again." He turned to the Iron Predator, where a bunch of agents were staring at Cranky. Among them Zach recognized Rockford and Mur, two agents he had met briefly after his first trip to XERRD Fortress."Rockford!" Zach called out as if greeting an old friend, extending his arms out. "Mur! What a pleasure it is to see you two again!" Rockford and Mur's heads turned down from Cranky to Zach."Zach!" Rockford replied, full of surprise."The one and only!" he grinned at the Dino Attack Agent. "I saw your message, Rockford. The one about generating a cure on my behalf. I must express my gratefulness for your concern, but it is far too late to do anything about it now!""There is still a chance!" Rockford responded. "Surrender! We can have the means to help you!""But where would fun be in that?" Zach chuckled as Cranky returned to his side. Zach notice Mur's dark stare that he directed at the Stromling Ape. "Rather fascinating device you have, Mur. I have never seen one quite like it. Far more advance than what I had for a hand replacement. Did Nazareno step up his prosthetic game or was it designed by someone different? You know what, don't answer, I don't care too much."But I tried to be a fair as I could. I gave your team a forewarning of what was to come and now you are using unfair tools against me. As ringleader and, more or less, gamemaster of this show, you must be punished. Let's see what I can do..." Zach raised his hand. The Maelstrom swarmed around it before shooting toward Mur's prosthetic. The agents around Mur stepped back in fear as it swirled around the device and eventually seeped into the device."What did you do?!" Mur demanded."Disabled your device for a minute or so," Zach said. "It shouldn't actually infect you with the Maelstrom. This is all provided I did it right. This is the first time I've actually used this ability. Neat, eh?""Only a minute or so?" Rockford questioned."Yes. This is a test run. To see if the power works. Regardless, a minute or so should be enough time for Cranky to board your tank here and smash all of you into a pile of MEGABLOKS. Sic 'em, Cranky." Zach started laughing loudly as Cranky charged at the Iron Predator and landed inside the cockpit, knocking several agents over."Have fun, Cranky!" Zach laughed as began to walk away. "I know I will!"

OOC: If it helps, I did foreshadow Mur's device beforehand with a few subtle references about his wonders of doing things with one arm.IC: That isn't going to work anymore, Rockford told himself in reaction to the events that just occured. The attempt to reach Zach through simple talk, the odd device Mur had finally revealed that he had had (at least temporarily), and, probably, the Iron Predator they had been using.A smart man would choose to just abandon the vehicle. No piece of technology was worth one's life, and espically when the thing between one and said technology was a rampaging ape possessed by evil. Rockford was a smart man, as was Mur and the rest of the vehicle's crew. Nearly all of them leaped off, yet Mur stood still, facing the ape with a continued look of disbelief and anger.Rockford wanted to say something, but at this point he realized that if an agent was doing something questionable, that usually meant they had something in mind. So he watched as the ape glanced around with a challenging glance at the fleeing agents, bellowing a roar in victory, and then finally noticing Mur still standing. The creature grinned and snatched him up, raising him up to his face.Mur looked more controlled now, his anger and suprise giving way to a stotic look. A look Rockford knew well from his days in the criminal justice system. That was the look of a person knowing that whatever they were going to say, it was going to cost them or someone else dearly. It was a look of guilt, regret, and resignance. He held this face for a moment.And then he nodded. Not a slow one, or a rapid one like a five year old trying to get across that he wanted a cookie, but a quick one, like a single performance of a headbang.The ape thought he understood, grinned once more, and raised Mur over his head, perhaps to slam him into the side of the Cryothermic Cannon, or throw him into the nearest Fire Hammer. Rockford never found out. At that moment, he had noticed Semick's T-1 still hovering above, its weapons starting to rev into activity. And he noticed that several nearby Fire Hammers were readying theirs as well. It was then that he understood.He ran as the weapons went off. As the machine guns, Sonic Screamers, Voltaic Launcher, Xenon Launchers, and simple laser weapons all went off within seconds of each other, all aimed at Mur's Iron Preadtor. They struck their mark right at the center, where the Stromling Ape was preparing to deal the final blow on Mur.The vehicle went up in flames. Fireballs, orange from the fuel, green from the weapon power systems, enfludged the craft. Small LEGO pieces went flying, while chunks blew off in various directions, barely missing Minifig bystanders. Rockford could feel the heatwave and blast force push him down and mildly scorch his back.The guns didn't stop firing even as the smoke began to disappacitate and clear.OOC: Brikman, I gotta say, realistically Dino Attack would be wanting to focusing fire on Cranky here. And even if the Malestrom is fueling it, I think he has to go down eventually. I mean, T-1 assulting, explosive firepower, and simple combined might has to do it in eventually, am I right?There! I have completed the sacrifice, oh great Brikman! Now can you please rid us of the monster terroizing our non-peaceful LEGO RPG?!I don't mean to be on a personal crusade here. Simply going with the perspective that if I was part of the command of a team, I'd want to take down the biggest and the most dangerous ememies as soon as possible, no matter the odds.

OOC: I did intend to finally kill off Cranky within the next several posts. So I think I will right here.IC:Cranky was in a world of hurt. Every metal beast had focused its attack power on him. He had been caught in yet another explosion, and yet the Dino-fighting team didn't relent.He dragged himself out of the wreckage, groaning. He had dropped the Minifig-Mur that he had been so close to killing. He wasn't actually sure if the man-Minifig had survived the onslaught, but Cranky was beyond caring. He had to leave. He had to get healed by dark power-Maelstrom. He had to continue the fight. For Master-Zachary.Cranky tried to crawl to his feet, but the endless attack of burning-hot attacks kept him on the ground. He made sure to stay on his stomach, trying to keep the vulnerable area away Dino-hunter attacks. He could hardly see. He would definitely die soon.Master-Zach, Cranky croaked to the Dino-hunter-zombie he had befriended. Help! However, he received no response. Cranky finally seized movement, laying on the ground and hoping he would just die.Suddenly, the attack stopped. Cranky looked up, confused. Why did the Dino-hunters stop? He was beyond caring however. He rolled over to his back and picked up his tie that laid on his chest. It had been torn and burnt to shreds. It was basically a purple thread tied around his neck.Cranky was about to stand up when he felt the barrel of a shooter-gun on his forehead. Cranky looked up and saw hunter-Villano holding the weapon. Cranky suddenly felt better. Hunter-Villano was an ally, the last time he remembered. The hunter leaned down close."You are the only one left from that little group Virchaus put together, huh?" the hunter said darkly. "You and me. Unfortunately for you, I have a new employer." Cranky's eyes widened in realization of what was about to happen. "I think it is time to finish that hunt. You have escaped me for long enough, ape." Cranky began to screech angrily and weakly raised a hand to attack. The dark-power Maelstrom wasn't healing fast enough!"Adios," Hunter-Villano said, grinning darkly. Cranky heard the weapon make a click. There was a bang and everything went dark.

OOC: Just to let people know, I'll be away until Friday. Feel free to move my characters on as the plot develops.

And kudos IO. You're a pretty sharp kid to understand all that at 9.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

-Signature Under Construction-

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

LEGO Universe; October 8th 2010, to January 31st 2012

OOC:Well, it certainly was interesting to see from Cranky's POV. IC:Dr. Cyborg stopped for a minute. He pulled out his PDA and sent a message to Zach.All rivalries requiretrash talk, Zach.Your friend,Dr. Cyborg

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Clint quietly opened the door to the rooms in the back of the fort before leading his two companions inside."Alright," he whispered. "We're going to split up. I think we should each enter a different room, look around, see if there's anything suspious. We'll look though our respective rooms for useful information. If you find any hybrids, you kill 'em. In exactly half an hour we meet back here, understand?"Maria nodded."Good," replied Clint. He lit a cigar and turned toward one of the rooms. In this case a small office. There were a few filing cabinets and other such things. Clint took his time rummaging through drawers and cabinets, pulling out any folders that seemed even remotely of interest. It was when he approached the desk that he found a particularly interesting folder, the information on which caught his attention."So that's who the mole is?" Clint muttered to himself. "That explains it."

Maria slowly opened the door to reveal a sort of bedroom. Actually, it was technically a bedroom, which would have once been used by the senior officer of the calvalry. Now the bed was occupied by a mysterious hybrid, who was hissing loudly in his sleep. The noise annoyed Maria greatly as she walked toward the bed and picked up a pillow.The hybrid's eyes opened slowly, and upon seeing her he stared in shock. Maria responded by throwing the pillow onto his face and drawing her gun, firing two clear shots through the pillow she held firmly upon his face. Then just to be sure she drew her knife and cut his throat. With that she stood up and looked around the room. Based on his position, Maria guessed that the hybrid she'd just killed was some form of officer, maybe even the one running the fort. It couldn't be that simple, but whoever this person was, he had some significance.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:Zach stood in the doorway to Hotep III’s temple, silent and his face betraying little emotion. He watched Rudo Villano walk away from the ruined body of Cranky. The agents from the various vehicles that had helped kill Cranky were cheering loudly.He hadn’t quite expected Cranky’s death to hit him as hard as it was. Cranky had truly been the only being he could trust while working with the Maelstrom. He had been an extremely close ally. Almost a friend in some sense. You will not be forgotten, friend.Zach glanced down. He saw Colonel limping up the stairs to meet with Zach. The most obvious change in Colonel’s appearance was the fact that his right leg was completely gone. To compensate, Colonel was using a metal pole as a cane.“What happened?” Zach asked.“The Dino Attack took a fancy on that Iron Predator me and my squad hijacked.” Colonel pointed out the fiery remains of Iron Predator.“Ah. I didn’t see that wreck over another wreck that took Cranky’s life,” Zach responded, pointing over to where Rockford and Mur’s Iron Predator used to be. Unlike the Iron Predator Colonel had hijacked, Rockford and Mur’s IP was unrecognizable and was basically a bunch of burning LEGO pieces scattered everywhere.Colonel removed his cap and bowed his head. “I’m sorry, sir.”Zach shooed away Colonel’s words with his hands. “It’s alright. I’m not happy, but Cranky died for the Maelstrom’s cause. His death will not be in vain. Now, about your leg...”“I can still fight, sir,” Colonel said defiantly.“I don’t doubt it,” Zach said, smiling at Colonel’s fierce obedience. “However, the situation has changed. I don’t want my top commander hindered by the lack of two working legs. Let me see...” Zach twisted his hand out at Colonel’s stump. The Maelstrom swirled around the stump and created a solid black peg-leg-like prosthetic. “That should help. I recommend not getting rid of that pole, though. It’s the best I could do.”“Thank you, sir,” Colonel said, bowing. “What is the next stage for the battle?” Zach looked out into the battlefield. Stromlings were still spawning at a rapid rate, but most of the Stromling Monkeys were dead. They were back to square one.“I think it is time,” Zach grinned widely. He turned back to Colonel. “Contact the Hybrids. Tell them it’s about time to start. Tell them to wait for my signal.”“Yes, sir,” Colonel nodded, smiling. Zach turned to the battlefield and amplified his voice yet again.“Well done, Dino Attack, well done!” Zach said with mock-praise. “You have survived both waves of the Maelstrom’s forces! You decimated the second wave and, well, the first wave will never end as far as I’m concerned, but they are easy enough, right?“I will admit this however: I am NOT amused. Not amused at all. You killed the ape I considered to be my only real friend at this point. Worry not, Cranky. Your death will not be in vain. So, like any minifig, I think it’s time to extract what any normal minifig would want in my situation: revenge! “Introducing the final wave of the Maelstrom forces! This is largest and easily most deadliest wave. You’ve seen them before, you’ll see them again, and more stronger than ever. Lead by what I’ve decided call the Seven Hybrid Riders of the Maelstrom. You heard that right, ladies and gentlemen. Hybrids. Of the Minifig/Mutant Lizard breed! They are leading the infamous Mutant Dinosaurs!!”Zach silenced himself. A massive collection of roars could be heard in jungle. As the roar died, the sound of hundreds of massive, running reptiles echoed across the area.“They are on their way!” Zach cackled. “Unfortunately, I will not be able to witness hundreds of screaming, Maelstrom-controlled dinosaurs tearing you apart as I have business inside the temple that needs to be addressed. Have fun!” Zach lowered his voice and turned to Colonel.“You’re in charge now, Colonel. Think you can handle it?”Colonel saluted Zach with his Sonic Screamer arm. “I will crush the enemy swiftly, sir.”“Excellent. Good luck, Colonel.” Without any further waiting, Zach turned and entered the temple.

IC: Three minutes agoThe faint sound of footsteps echoed from behind Dust's party. Septimus, Andrew, and Minerva spun about quickly, but Dust merely halted and looked back. They were greeted by the sight of Katerina Schattenberg flanked by four of the three-eyed synthfigs."The abilities these four lovely gentlemen possess will surely be invaluable to your efforts in here," she remarked. "Maelstrom detection, absorption, and immunity ought not to be taken for granted in a place like this."

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:"Well, I have two of those covered already," Dr. Cyborg told Katerina. "But, I could always use more help."Katerina joined the party, and they continued on. "I am going to sleep. I have gone three or four days without it," Dr. Cyborg announced. "My robotic half will still function, however."As Dr. Cyborg drifted off, the last thing he thought was that he had stored a large amount of Maelstrom internally.He was back in his office in the Dino Island XERRD base. He was working on a formula to improve the Mutant Dinos even more when he realized something: this was wrong. This whole Mutant Dino apocalypse thing was going to injure and kill many. However, here the dream split from reality.Instead of deciding to destroy this, and leave XERRD, a dark thought came to him. If thoughts had color, this would be purple."You don't need to leave. None of this is your fault. Hey, it's kinda fun."Dr. Cyrista agreed eagerly, and the dream became a montage, minus music. He saw himself becoming ruthless and cruel. He rose in the ranks of XERRD for these great qualities. He became second in command. When Dr. Rex died, he bequeathed XERRD and all he owned to Dr. Cyrista. The Dino Attack ended, and XERRD won. This purple thought came again, this time telling him to execute the rest of XERRD and toss them into a pool of Maelstrom. Cyrista did so with glee. He "commanded" the Maelstrom, and conquered the LEGO Planet. He then conquered the galaxy. Next, the dimension. He finally conquered the world. He ruled as a god, with the Maelstrom, for it had revealed itself, as his weapon and advisor. Dr. Cyborg awoke with an anguished cry. Andrew asked, "What's wrong?" "Maelstrom-induced nightmare," Dr. Cyborg replied. He shot the Maelstrom out of his hands into a pool they were passing.OOC:The nightmare is about him seizing power. He doesn't take power, so him doing so is a nightmare for him. If he were promoted to Elite Agent, he would appreciate it, but he isn't going to try to take power. He joined XERRD for science, not for power.Try to find the joke I hid in this post, and also try to figure out why Cyborg is italicized at the end.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Rockford was in shock. Not a good state to be in considering the circumstances, but it was understandable. Not everyone saw a close ally willingly let themselves die like that in such an extraordinairy way. And with such suddenness, too.However, his remaining allies weren't letting him stay like this, so as much as Rockford kept replaying Mur's last nod over and over on his mind's replay screen, he couldn't help but here the mumurs of the people talking to him."...Rockford... Rockford... Rockford, c'mon, snap out of it!"The image in his mind faded as Rockford saw the face of a Martian staring down at him, dragging him along the ground."Laxus, I...""Don't say anything, just keep in the moment, we're getting you to another vehicle. And we still need your help."Looking around behind Laxus's arms, he saw that a Fire Hammer was pulled up nearby. Two agents were inside, and another was on the Xenon cannon."Semick's on my radio comn, Laxus," said the driver. "He wants to talk to Rockford.""You think you can do that, sir?" Laxus asked."I... yes, I can." He began to push himself onto his feet, and Laxus helped him along the way to get to the front passenger seat of the Fire Hammer."Here's the mic," the driver said as Rockford got into the seat. "I'll get us going, Zach sent our classic foes on us.""Assuming they don't have extra suprisies," Laxus said as they climbed into the back, "taking on Dinos and hybrids should be a relief after all the Malestrom business.""Still going to be a toughie," muttered the other agent in the back. Rockford put his concerns aside and talked into the mic. "Semick?""Present. You're still shocked, I think?""Yeah. I've only been doing command jobs at the outposts so far, haven't really gotten to see any agents do anything like...""You get used to it... somewhat. Never easy to see good men like that pull the ultimate sacrifice. And always in their prime. All we can do is ensure their actions were not for naught.""Agreed. So... I guess I get his job now?" "Afraid so. You up for it?"Rockford glanced at the battlefield. The Mutant Dinos were already pouring in, and the guns and lasers were blazing yet again. It was like all the big battles he had read the reports about. The Goo Caverns, various city standoffs, LEGO Studios, Mount Bricklake, etc. And it was time for him to play commander."Always did reasonably well at Risk, so..." he remarked."Good. Team frequency's up two notches.""Understood," he said, and with a glance at his current crew, he switched to the all-agent frequency. "Alright men, we've got our familar foes again, and all the ways we've bested them. Let's not let Mur down..."

IC: Maria spent a few short minutes looking around the room of the hybrid officer she'd murdered in cold blood less than a few seconds earlier, but really found nothing beyond old liquor cabinets and a few other luxuries he had presumably been enjoying. She then turned toward the corpse.Deciding to have some fun, Maria rolled the body onto its side, facing away from the door, and carefully adjusted the sheets and removed the pillow, so that for someone who just entered the room, it would look as though he were still sleeping. "That ought to give 'em a shock," she muttered."Her investigation finished, Maria turned to the door and found Clint waiting for her."Anything?" Maria asked."Yeah," replied Clint showing her a sheet of paper. "Check this out."Maria took the document and stared for a moment. "So there is a traitor," she said. "I never would have guessed who it was.""This is between us," replied Clint. "We are not to tell anyone about this. I want this spy to have no reason to suspect we know.""Know what?" Angel Eyes asked as he approached. Clint showed him the document and he smiled."So that's the sneaky little 4+ who's been leaking all our information," Angel Eyes said keenly."Now under no circumstances is anyone to know we're aware of his identity," Clint said. "I want to catch him unprepared and unnawares. Maybe even get a confession in front of several people.""Sounds good," replied Angel Eyes. "Anything else?""I found a bunch of papers," replied Clint. "I figured they'd probably come in handy. How about you two?""I just killed one of 'em mutants," replied Maria. "Some sort of general by the look of it.""You sure that was a good idea?" Angel Eyes asked. "They'll know we were here.""Indeed," replied Clint. "It will still be a major setback, losing a general, and several defenses. How 'bout you, Van Cleef?""I took a look in the jail," replied Angel Eyes. "There were a lot of bodies in there. I'm guessing agents who were stationed here when it was taken over.""Any survivors?" Maria asked."One or two who were barely alive," replied Angel Eyes. "It looked like they'd been exerimented on. Maybe the hybrids were trying to mutate them.""Alright," replied Clint. "I don't think a rescue is possible at the moment. Let's go after their defenses."Clint led the party to the upper level along the wall of the building. There was one sentry standing guard, who was quickly dispatched by Maria. One by one they worked their way around, and Maria cut their throats, and as it happened none of the hybrids snoring below heard the occasional muffled gasps."Looks like they got a couple o' guns set up front," said Maria. "I'm a-goin' to try to disable 'em, and then we can go right out through the front gate."OOC: I don't know why, but for some reason I just have a lot of fun writing Maria's dialogue.

Dust shrugged as he sized up Katerina Schattenberg. He really payed Doctor Cyborg's resent incident any notice. Over the last few days he had begun to anticipate glitches.“The more the marrier I suppose. But we need to be more careful, a group of ten seems like an accident waiting to happen.”“I agree.” Said Katerina. “I seems you folks are running out of room.”She was right. As the eleven agents traveled deeper into the temple the corridors narrowed. They where forced to march signal file and often their shoulders rubbed the hard stonewalls“I don’t get it man.” grumbled Lance, “Why would this pharaoh make getting into this temple so hard. I would have to be relatively accessible for rituals and stuff right?” “Hotep III never wanted it to be easily accessible.” Said Dust, reverting back to his archeologist days “He built it here on this remote island so he and his priests could study the mealstrom a safe distance from his kingdom.”Minerva was surprised. “He studied the mealstrom?”“He wanted to understand its powers.” Said Dust. “He hoped it could be used as a means of glorifying Egypt but he also understood this risks.”They continued down a narrow tunnel. It took sharp turns right and left turns and soon most of the party was so turned around that they had little perception which direction they were going.“Hotep’s priest advised him to build the temple in Egypt so everyone could see its splendor but the pharaoh choose to build it here instead. He hoped to avoid tragedy and destruction in the event he lost control and the maelstrom escaped.”“We don’t need the history lesson.” Said Docter Cybrog. “Just tell us how to get to the main chamber. We’ll stop the thing and then we’re talk.”“Fair enough.” Said Dust. “We’re be coming up to a group of spikes that will burst out of the wall soon. You don’t have much room to maneuver so you’re have to move exactly how I tell you.”He stooped suddenly at a faint line on the floor and the rest of the party bumped into him. Turning around, he pointed a finger at the team.“Watch closely.”Dust faced the hallway and took eight deliberate paces. As soon as he set his foot down the last time a serrated blade shoot from the wall behind and before him.The sat there about four seconds before withdrawing into the wall. Dust paused and steeped forward another eight passes down the hallway before the same happened again.Septimus seemed to get the idea and followed the Egyptian’s lead. Sure enough, once he reached the given location the blades surged forth and impaled the place where he might have been.Dust voice called from down the hall. “We’re be getting some breathing room soon. Once we’re out of this hall we’re be entering a large antichamber.”“It’s weird how we’ve seen no stromlings yet.” Said Andrew. “This place should be full of them.”“The Mealstrom can create allusions.” Said Katerina. “My synthfigs inform me that they are picking up massive readings about 100 meters down the hall. There’s some stromling in here, and it’s big.”Lance called up to Dust. “Yo! What kind of Stromling is up there?”The Egyption was perplexed. He had no knowledge of this temple having stromling in it.“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”* * *Hurtz smiled, the ape was dead and most of the monkeys had been torn apart by the powerful beam emitters. He sent his update to Windows and took a position beside Vinyaya.Mutant Dinosaurs where pouring out of the jungle at a relatively constant rate. Only raptors and lizards where present and Hertz suspected that the Mutant Tyrannosaurs-rexs were being kept in reserve.The Space Commando held a pair of electro binoculars to her eyes and looked out at the dark jungle.“I’m picking up a lot of heat readings.” She said.“What does that mean.” Asked Hertz. Pure Stromlings don’t give of heat. And even mutants where known for being unnaturally cold. Whatever was in the jungle was unnatural.Vinyaya frowned and put her binoculars to her chest. “Hybrids.”

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

IC:...six...seven...eight. Minerva seized her advance as spikes shot out of the wall in front and behind her. She breathed out long and slow. These traps required more patience than Minerva had. This naturally increased her level of anxiety."What do you mean you have no idea what he is talking about?" Minerva called out to Dust. "This temple is under the Maelstrom's control. Why wouldn't there be Stromlings inside, waiting to ambush us?"Dust remained silent. Minerva rolled her eyes and continued forward as the spikes retracted back into the wall.Thutmose is a fool. A new voice said, deeper and more agressive than the previous one. He knows only of the temple's contents without the Maelstrom's influence. He will not help you find Zach. He is worthless to you.Minerva bit her lip. She didn't like Dust, but that didn't mean he wasn't an important asset. I don't know, whoever you are. We would have already died if Dust wasn't here. And besides, I'm pretty sure none of us know where Zach is, and I'll probably have to go through a few more traps before I find him. Dust is kind of necessary.The voice scoffed. You don't need that fool. We can lead you to Zach's locations. He has just reentered the temple and will no doubt be returning to his chamber.Minerva was still apprehensive. What about the traps?They can be disabled. We can lead you to him! Are you willing to knock down this opportunity?Just a bit. You are the Maelstrom. How do I know you are not just going to lead me into a trap and kill me?Our dear, we could snap our fingers and something would kill you. Instantly. But we are interested in your team's plight. We wish to see how long it lasts. The voice faded away, and Minerva felt more unnerved then ever.*********************************"I'm here," Zach said. Ahua turned around, scowling. He had been waiting within Zach's chamber for several minutes."It took you long enough," Ahua snapped. "Long enough for Cranky to get killed." Zach barred his teeth angrily."Shut up," Zach said darkly. "What is the update in here?""Eleven Dino Attack Agents have entered the temple," Ahua said. "They are approaching a chamber as we speak.""And you want me to go kill them, right?""Wrong," Ahua said. "We have Stromlings throughout the temple that can deal with them. You are the last resort."Zach shrugged. "Fine. What do you want me to do then?""Stay here, and wait." Zach rolled eyes, but nodded in agreement.********************************Colonel stayed near the temple entrance. Mutant Dinos were flowing into the battlefield at a rapid pace. The Dino Attack was holding it's own against the dinosaurs for now, but he was not willing to put all of his support on the Mutant Dinos simply overwhelming the Dino Attack. At least, not without aid.Colonel glanced up at the fleet of T-1 Typhoons above. They were currently tangled with the reemergence of the Mutant Pterosaurs. Few of the flying reptiles would swoop down and attack ground agents, but otherwise the swarm of Pterosaurs stayed in the air.Colonel knew what needed to be done. Navi! Colonel yelled out. A Mutant Pterosaur swooped down from the swarm and landed in front of the temple. On its back was a female Minifig/Mutant Lizard Hybrid whom they had named Navi. Colonel hobbled up to the reptile's side and extended his hand toward the Hybrid."Get me up!" Colonel commanded. Navi obeyed, pulling the crippled colonel on to the Pterosaur's back. "Now ride!" The Pterosaur took flight. It was soon high into the sky, flying over the battlefield.Colonel glanced at the T-1 Typhoons. He knew this was suicide, but if the Mutant Dinos wanted to gain the upper hand, they needed some back-up. "Now," Colonel began...

IC: Quietly Maria tiptoed her way toward the front of Fort Legorado. One sentry was standing next to a particularly nasty looking turret. She was quick to draw her knife, grab him, slit his throat, and then throw his body over the wall."Alright," She whispered to her comrades, trying not to wake any of the hybrids below. "I'm gonna try and disable this sentry gun. There seems to be two of 'em. One on each side of the entrance. Clint, you take this side, Van Cleef, you go over to the other. I need you two watching my back. I'll let you know when I'm done."Angel Eyes adjusted his hat before he turned to the stairs and worked his way to the other side. Maria slowly crouched down by the gun. There was a momentary gunshot heard, as Clint looked to faintly see Angel Eyes holding his guin behind a hybrid's head as it's body fell over.Maria briefly used her vest to clean the blood off the knife and then used it as a screwdriver to remove a small panel, exposing a number of wires."Can you work with that?" Clint asked."No," replied Maria. Then she smiled. "But I can break it."The barmaid yanked as hard as she could, pulling out a few wires and causing a few sparks. She cut a few more wires with her knife and then placed the metal plate back on. She took a few minutes to carefully rebolt it."That there's one gun that ain't goin' to cause no more trouble," Maria said keenly."What's the idea behind rescrewing everything?" Clint asked."Subtlety," replied Maria. "If it seems intact on the outside, they'll have less reason to suspect it of being broken within."Slowly Maria worked her way down the ladder and climbed to to the other side of the gate where Angel Eyes was waiting. Once again, she opened the panel, tore up the wires, cut several of them, replaced it, and bolted it up like new."I think that there's everythin'" She said. "Let's get goin'.""Well, I don't know about you, but I don't want to be around when these boys wake up and see what we've done," Angel Eyes said with a smile. Clint came down to meet up with them."We ready to go?" He asked."You bet," replied Maria. They walked over to the gate and slowly opened it as quietly as they could. They stepped outside, closed the gate, and got on their horses, Clint went back to the side to get his and then they rode off into the night sky, each of them thinking about how the hybrids were going to react in the morning when they'd wake up to find found their commander and several guards dead, papers missing, and sentries broken.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:

"Now under no circumstances is anyone to know we're aware of his identity," Clint said. "I want to catch him unprepared and unnawares. Maybe even get a confession in front of several people."

Oh, Atton. So sure that the mole is male. But perhaps I've said too much...And now, to make this unreveal as unrevealing as unrevealingly possible...IC: The next morning...Clint Wayne rushed towards Angel Eyes and Maria, who were both asleep in their bunks after a hard day's night. He shook them both awake, and wearily, they opened their eyes and grumbled about a wake-up call."This isn't good!" insisted Clint. "You have to wake up - they're gone!""What's gone?" moaned Maria, rubbing her eyes.Glancing around quickly to make sure no one was listening, Clint hissed in a voice barely more than a whisper: "The paper that revealed the identity of the mole!"This seemed to startle his companions awake. "What do you mean?" Angel Eyes inquired. "I thought you were going to keep it safe!""And so," grimaced Clint, "I thought I did. But look here..." With that, he held out his hand, and his companions saw a few smoldering ashes in the palm of his hand. "That's all that's left. Whoever burned the paper apparently did not do a very good clean-up job, or else wanted us to know that he burned-""Good morning, gentlemen!"They startled and turned around to see Spy enter the room. The Alpha Team agent walked with firm confidence, and from behind his cowl, he seemed to be smirking. "Oh, I'm sorry, mademoiselle," he apologized, "so I should correct my earlier statement... Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!"Everyone stared at Spy with most undisguised distrust. "What do you think you're doing?" demanded Angel Eyes.Spy shrugged. "Sorry for popping in unannounced. But I'm sure you all had fun last night. You did a fine job, sneaking about ze Hybrids' fortress. Even I'm a little proud. But... you were far too messy. You didn't zink zat ze Hybrids would notice a dead officer, a bunch of dead guards, and broken sentries?"Clint Wayne, Angel Eyes, and Maria traded glances."Zese Hybrids are much like Mutant Lizards, you see," the quasi-smirk disappeared from Spy's expression as he continued. "Zey are extremely adaptable, and even now, zey are recovering from your little game last night, increasing zeir already-increased defenses. Luckily for you, it seems zat Ronald E. Army has decided to take advantage of ze situation and, even as we speak, is sending out ze bomb cart to make sure we get ze Hybrids before zey fully recover.""What?" blinked Clint. "He's actually going to do it? He's going to blow up Fort Legoredo?""We can always build a new one," declared Spy. He turned to leave, but then stopped. "Oh, and forgive me if I am mistaken, but I do believe I heard something or another about... ze identity of ze mole?"Clint, Angel, and Maria instantly put on their best poker faces."Nice poker faces," nodded Spy, smirking again. He leaned in closer, as though trying to pressure them. "But, do tell, since I am most curious indeed... who is ze mole?"Nobody spoke.Spy's smirk disappeared once more. "Very well, zen. I get it. But first, let me warn you something... even if you know who it is, you still might not know who it truly is. Firstly, while I'm sure zat I am ze only Spy of Dino Attack Team, zere have been incidents where multiple agents have signed up under ze same codename. For example, zere are two Alphas and, last I checked, at least three Hunters. If you heard it was, say, Alpha, zat narrows it down, yes, but not to a certainty. Secondly, it might not even be a codename. It could be a given name, or a surname, or even an occupation, or even a codename zat zis individual does not go by in Dino Attack Team, but rather a codename zat zey are known by XERRD. Thirdly... Hybrids are not ze most reliable source. Even if you are absolutely sure who it is... it could very well be a red herring set up to deceive you."Spy turned away, lighting a cigarette as he did so. "If I were you, I would burn ze evidence and make sure nobody finds out." Without another word, he departed, with Clint Wayne, Angel Eyes, and Maria watching in disbelief.OOC: I have to say, Spy is probably one of my favorite Second Headquarters Squad characters to write. Edited by PeabodySam

Oh, Atton. So sure that the mole is male. But perhaps I've said too much...

OOC: I don't know either way. I just needed a pronoun, and it didn't seem realistic that they'd use "they" when they know the mole's gender, so I basically just had to take a shot, figuring I had roughly a 50/50 chance of being right, unless of course the mole is actually a hemophrodite species (meaning essentially that they're a bit of both genders) or an alien with more than two genders, or a robot that isn't really male or female... but that doesn't seem terribly likely.IC: "I really hate that Spy," Clint muttered as soon as Spy was out of the room, lighting a cigar. "Just when you think you're rid of him, he pops right out of nowhere.""You think he told the rest of the squad?" Angel Eyes asked."Probably," replied Clint. "Now they're going to be pushing a mine cart along a track to the fortress.""How do they even do that?" Maria asked. "Are you seriously tellin' me they went through all the trouble o' buildin' a track just so they could push some filthy mine cart toward that there fort and didn't get noticed?""Like I said," replied Clint. "They're amateurs. We may still have a chance though.""What's your plan?" Asked Angel Eyes."Get back into town," replied Clint. "See if you can organize a posse.""A posse?" Angel Eyes asked."Yes," replied Clint. "Get me a couple dozen men, women, children, anyone who can pick up a gun.""What's all this?" Asked a familiar voice. The trio turned around to see the faces of Firecracker and Harmonica staring at them."Good," replied Clint. "At least you two aren't involved with this madness.""Oh, actually, I was going to go blow up the hybrid commander," Firecracker said. "Just need to get my explosives an-""Ain't goin' to do you much good there," Maria said."What do you mean?" Asked Firecracker."Tragic accident," replied Maria. "His gun went off and shot him in the head, then a knife accidently landed on his neck and sliced it right open.""I see," replied Firecracker."Now listen," Clint said. "I got a plan. Now Spy said the hybrids could adapt, and obviously they will, but our actions were still a setback. They should at least slow them down somewhat, if nothing else. Now we're goin' to do this right. Angel Eyes, get to town, get your posse together. Harmonica and I will go with them.""Oh, what about me?" Firecracker asked."Why you've got a very important job," replied Clint. "How many explosives you got?""A couple hundred. Why?""Because you're goin' to blow up a few things, not neccessarily the fort. You wouldn't make it, but I need you to keep the hybrids occupied. Can you do it?""Yeah, I think so.""Good," replied Clint. "Harmonica, Maria, you two stay with me. We'll keep an eye on things, and as soon as Angel Eyes' posse gets here, we're goin' to take that fort ourselves.""I'd better get goin' then," Angel Eyes said as he stood up. "Gotta get to town on time."Angel Eyes walked out of the building. The sound of a horse neighing was briefly audible before its hoofs quickly faded into the distance."Clint," Maria started to ask, taking him aside. "Clint, what about... um..." She cut herself off noticing the two other men. "You know what.""We don't have the paper, but we do have the name," replied Clint."What if what Spy said is true?""That's why we're to tell no one until we are absolutely sure."Clint turned back toward the two men standing behind them. "What are you waiting for. Get going already."Firecracker hastily picked up the briefcases containing his explosves and ran outside, and soon the noise of a motorcycle faded into the distance.

OOC: Just to clarify, this post happens right after this post: http://www.bzpower.c...22IC:The ambush was quickly destroyed, with the help of David's Fire Hammer. Surveying the situation, Kevin shouted over to David:"Drive your Hammer over to that side of ours!"B looked at Kevin in disbelief."This thing is totaled, not to mention on its side! None of the people present are Superman, so what the megabloking megabloks do you suggest we do? I think that we should just accept the help that is given us!""B, look. We can fix this thing. All we need is something to flip it, OK?"After a couple tense minutes of struggling with the chains, B's Fire Hammer was back on its wheels. Surprisingly, it started up without a problem. Seeing that they were in the clear, David waved and drove off. B jumped into the driver's seat, and Kevin got in beside him and opened a compartment."This is why you will be glad that we salvaged this Hammer. Apart from the fact that, you know, it's still running?"Kevin pulled out a handgun and handed it to B."This is from your Dad. I managed to scrounge up twelve mags for it. Use those shots wisely.""That was Dad's gun from when he was still on the force. Why would he give it to me?""He said that you would need what he called, and I quote: "a real gun." Now please, hit the megabloking gas peddle!""OK then. Now, let's go before we miss all the action."

Catless was having a great time. So far, only lizards and raptors were out and about. She had something useful. She would jump on a raptor's back, and get the other raptors and lizards to spit acid, claw, attack in various ways. She would jump off before they reached her, and the raptors would bear the brunt of the attack and go down. She would jump back on her Steel Sprinter, and find another raptor. Rinse and repeat.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I bet you're all really excited to see the great big climax in which Clint's epic plan gets put into action and a bunch o' men come ridin' into town guns blazing... Znap it, let's go bowling.IC: Donnie smiled as he rolled a full strike. "Yes," he muttered as he turned back to the area where Dude, Walter, and their friends were sitting. Dude was telling a strange anecdote."... And then they peed on my rug," Dude was explaining."That rug really tied the room together didn't it?" Replied Walter sarcastically."What's going on?" Donnie asked keenly as he approached them."Were you listening to Dude's story?" Walter said sternly."I was bowling," replied Donnie."Than you have no framy of reference," replied Walter. "YOU'RE LIKE A KID WHO WANDERS IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVIE AND WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN-"Pierce leaned slowly towards Sarah. "Is he always like that?" He whispered. Sarah nodded. "Trust me," she said. "This is one of his better moods.""Calm down, man," Dude shouted."YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE DONNIE!""Walter, would you kindly be quiet?" Sarah asked. "Dude was just talking about some annoying 4+ figures who urinated on his rug before the war started.""Oh yes," replied Donnie. "I remember them.""SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!""Why exactly do you hang out with these guys?" Pierce asked."Because I don't have much better to do," replied Sarah. "Check this out."Sarah got up and walked over toward the small rack where the bowling balls were kept and stepped onto the lane. She rolled the ball slowly, and got a firm strike."Wow," said Dude. "I don't know how she does it man! I been playin' for years she's only been in here for a few months."

IC:Nazareno leaned on a counter, panting lightly. His battle with Zelda had worn him out greatly. While Zelda wasn't nearly a good fighter as Zach, her smaller size and lack of a giant laser cannon arm allowed her to move quickly and strike faster than Zach.Zelda now sat on a bed, her breathing ragged. Fuchs, Wade, Copper, and Crusher worked furiously around, occasionally stopping to jot down an important note. Nazareno imaged the four doctors' examinations were unnerving her even more than she already was.After several vomiting fits, Zelda managed to inform the doctors that she couldn't see; that she was blind. However, after 15 minutes, her vision was restored. Further tests showed she was severely dehydrated, malnourished, and just down-right sick. Her face was sunken and her body was extremely pale.Nazareno stood up and walked toward the end of Zelda's bed and looked at her. She looked back, her eyes half-closed and clearly in pain. Nazareno glanced up and saw a purple streak running down the middle of her hair. Nazareno frowned."Your hair was black and red, right?" he asked her. Her eyes opened slightly wider."Yeah," she moaned. "Why?""Now it is black and purple.""What?" she asked, confused. Nazareno went over to the counter and grabbed a small mirror. He returned to the bed and gave it to Zelda. She looked at it, her eyes widened in surprise."It seems that the Maelstrom's power can dye your head," Nazareno noted. "However, I'm not quite sure if you are locked into strangeness yet. The purple might fade away. Or it might not." Zelda nodded absentmindedly, staring at her hair in wonder."Oh," Fuchs said, looking at a small monitor."What?" Zelda asked, concerned."There is still Maelstrom in your body," Fuchs said sadly. "I had hoped we could've gotten rid of it.""What?!" Zelda screamed."Calm down," Saran said slowly. "What do you mean, Fuchs? The Maelstrom was leaving her body, we could see it.""Yes," Fuchs said. "It did. However, the Maelstrom must realized that she was still alive. There is only a small trace of Maelstrom remaining. It must have latched on to her at the last minute.""What will happen now?" Zelda asked fearfully."You will need to get a good wrap around your emotions," Nazareno said. "Although my knowledge of the Maelstrom is limited, my studies and recent events seem to suggest the Maelstrom will cause negative emotions and feeds off of them, making it stronger. I can help you gain control, but other than that, you may be own your own. You may have the Maelstrom in you for the rest of your life."Zelda looked at Nazareno, her face full of shock at his words. Finally, she sighed. "You're right. You will help me?" Nazareno nodded. Zelda smiled shyly. "Thank you."

OOC:There are other ways, you know.Ah, don't mind me, I'm extraction-happy at the moment. I just want to fix a named character that has existed for a few posts. I'm not going to make one of my own Stromlings, though. It's hard enough keeping my characters equal as it is.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Also, I have to say that saving Zelda using the Creative Spark of the person she killed is a generous slice of symbolic splendidness that I did not even see coming at the time.IC: Hotwire swung the Talon around to fend off a formation of pterosaurs. He primed and discharged the Plarxx radar ray, and the five pterosaurs became jumbled, breaking their formation and wheeling about in confusion. The T-1 continued its rotation, and Loop shot them down with the rear cockpit's sonic screamers.Loop...Hotwire was trying his very hardest not to think about the fact that a vicious murderer was currently strapped calmly in the gunner's seat, completely obedient to his every order. It was a strain on the mind. Katerina Schattenberg had assured him that Loop -- Lupus Schattenberg -- was thoroughly conditioned to obey her will completely, and she had directed him to regard any and every DA agent as a similar authority. And yet, Hotwire could still see Loop's same rage burning behind the blank wall of compliance in his eyes. It was difficult to trust such a creature just on the word of a friend.And that friend? The Kat he had known was unrecognizable. Hotwire hadn't had the chance to really talk to her yet, and he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to. The minifig who quite firmly called herself Katerina Schattenberg had said that she was still the same person, but Hotwire was doubtful. From what he'd seen so far, his friend Kat was, for all intents and purposes, as dead as Tracer.The thought of the jumpy rookie agent reminded him of his leg, which was beginning to hurt again. Ward had told him not to take pain suppressants any more often than once every three hours, but the dose he had taken less than an hour ago was already wearing off. He grabbed another painkiller tube, but then hesitated. Overdose of heavy pharmaceuticals plus giant helicopter...not good. At the same time, though, the pain in his leg would soon make it difficult to maintain his concentration. Very not good indeed.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

iC:It was dark and Dust rubbed shoulders with the narrow walls of the passageway. He had never been claustrophobic, in his youth he had explored plenty of temple with his mentor professor Kilroy.Shivering more from existent then cold he shone his flashlight down the hall. A thin mist was starting to appear the deeper they descended into the temple and condensation was forming as their warm breath met the cold stonewalls.So far he had seen negative effects on Mathew Cyrista and he was suspected that Minerva was going threw her own tribulations. The maelstrom was most dangerous psychologically and he assumed that would worsen the closer they got.That was when the voices started.What are you afraid of Gahiji?The Egyptian turned around to see if Andrew had said something but he simply looked up inquisitively at Dust.“Is something wrong?” asked the Elite Agent. “Is there something we should look out for?”Dust shook his head. “No, I just thought you said something.”Andrew just shrugged and Dust turned to continue down the passage.You have not answered my question Gahiji. Said the voice. What do you fear?I don’t know fear thought DustI don’t think that’s true. Said the voice. You fear a lack of control.I’m in control. Thought Dust. I have been from the start; these people are exactly where I want them.That’s not what I meant. Cooed the voice. You fear a lack of self-control.Dust shook his head and smiled. Who are you?But the voice was gone.* * *The pilots of the Renaissance moved the helicopter so it faced the tree line. Pulling the trigger agent Fate fired the incredible twin rotating Quintronic Sonic Beam Emitters into the jungle and shredded the tree line.Mutants fell in droves but for every Lizard down a raptor took its place. The monsters force fields were not effective against sonic weaponry but it still took a considerable amount of firepower to kill the things.On the ground the Minifigure/Mutant Lizard Hybrids crossed the grassy no mans land between the jungle and the temple gate. They where armed with rifles but for the most part they used them as clubs rather then guns. They desended on the agents like a pack of dogs and often times the metal helmets were no match for the powerful clawed swings of the Hybrids.The counter attack was form the Steel Sprinters. The D.A drove headlong into the swarm and downed hordes of mutants with energized lances and Cosmotronic Rays. Hidden in the jungle, Agent Shotgun systematically picked of foes one shoot at a time.A Mutant Pterosaur rammed the Rennissance hard and Fate had to work hard to compensate the massive craft. A blast of lightning shot into the craft and fried one of the councils.Hertz ducked as sparks shot along the interior and was careful to maintain his balance as he rolled perilously close to the dour.Vinyaya gave a battlecry and pumped an entire round of ammunition into the Mutant. In screamed and fell away form the craft.“You okay?” asked Vinyaya as she helped Hertz up.“I’m fine.” Responded Hertz. “The computers are too. The renaissance is fitted with advanced surge protection so I’ll be online again soo-”A hot blast hit the helicopter and the techy was knocked of his feet again. He hit his head hard on the floor and a thin trickle of red down his face.Whipping the blood aside he glimpsed the Mutant Tyrannosaurus-Rex’s emerging form the jungle.OoC:I was planing to do more with this post but had to cut it short. I'll Just have do the next temple trap latter.Atton, You are welcome to interact. It seems you have only been posting where there is no action and I expected you would have posted with Shootgun or Lance by now.

That is all

Atton, You are welcome to interact. It seems you have only been posting where there is no action and I expected you would have posted with Shootgun or Lance by now.

OOC: I'd love to. It's just that I've had a bit of trouble keeping up with the battle combined with a bad case of writer's block, so I've just been getting by focusing on the sidestories which I actually did have ideas for (The Pierce/Bishop romance, the battle in Gold City, Fuchs' research). Actually I wouldn't mind doing a Cabin/Mac/George post at some point but at this stage I have no idea where they are in the battle or what they'd be doing. As for Jackson, I haven't got much for him either. Last I posted he and his girlfriend were getting into a sniping position, I'm not sure what to do with that.

OOC: Also note that Zach will mostly likely be saved by a creative spark that belonged to a man he killed.that guy, your post seems to imply there are many Hybrids. There are only seven. One is riding a Mutant Pterosaur while the others are riding Mutant Dinos, primarily T-Rexes and Raptors. Hence the name "Seven Hybrid Riders of the Maelstrom."While speaking of the Hybrids, you can kill them, but don't let it be too easy.IC:"There!" Colonel yelled to Navi. A T-1 Typhoon flew before them, desperately fighting off the deadly Mutant Pterosaurs. "Call them off!" Navi yelled out in her strange growl. The Mutant Pterosaurs screeched in acknowledgement and fled the helicopter.****************************Vinyaya's eyes widened. Mutant Pterosaurs seemingly fled a T-1 Typhoon for no apparently reason. Then she saw it: a single Mutant Pterosaur with two riders on its back. The riders were leaving the Pterosaur and attempting to board the helicopter"Take out that Pterosaur!" Vinyaya yelled.****************************Navi was clinging on to side of the T-1, standing on top of one of the Quintronic Sonic Beam Emitters. Her hand was extended toward Colonel. He was about to grab her hand when the Mutant Pterosaur was suddenly stopped flapping its wings. Colonel immediately realized a PLARXX Radar Ray on a T-1 Typhoon had knocked out the Pterosaur. He desperately reached for Navi, but his hand slipped and he and the Pterosaur began to free-fall.The Pterosaur slammed into the ground, killing it quickly. The flying reptile managed to cushion Colonel's fall. He rolled off the Pterosaur and used his metal pole to get back on to his feet.Navi! Colonel called out. Are you on board?****************************"There is a Hybrid on board!" an agent screamed over the radio. Vinyaya grimaced. She had heard of the Hybrid's ruthless nature and was not anxious to meet one."Take it out!" Vinyaya responded. She was met with static for several minutes. She glanced out the Renaissance again. She saw a Minifig in samurai armor fall out of the T-1 Typhoon. It fell hundreds of feet and slammed into the ground, most likely killing it."Did you kill it?" Hertz asked."Y-y-yes!" they heard the agent stammer. "It's dead!""You all right, agent?" Vinyaya asked uncertainly."Y-y-yes!" the agent spat out. "It was just...a little unnerving." Vinyaya nodded slowly."You'll make it troop," Vinyaya said sympathetically. "Keep up the fight.""Yes, ma'am!" The agent said, his voice cracking."Alright!" she said. "Keep attacking those Pterosaurs!"

OOC:Don't I get to extract? :(IC:Kara charged a Hybrid riding a T-Rex, firing her Gatling gun at it. The shots had no effect."Okay, new strategy," she muttered. She started firing at the ground beneath it. The Hybrid hissed, "What bad aim you have!"The bolts of sonic energy were not solid, but perhaps they were more useful for that quality. By now, the bolts had started to make the ground churn. Think of it as the world's most advanced Roto-Tiller.The ground was unstable beneath the T-Rex's feet; time for phase two of her plan. She summoned her ship with a beckon call, and directed it to fire it's fuel rod cannon between the T-Rex's feet. However, it "missed", and shot and killed the T-Rex! Her AI must be getting trigger-happy.The Hybrid jumped down, and swung its staff at Kara. She jumped back, and X2, occupied with another Stromling, tossed her his Magnaguard staff. She caught it, and blocked the Hybrid's next swing.OOC:Before cries of "g-modding!" ring out, let me explain tomorrow, I have to go now.EDIT:Okay, the cannon can only be used once in a month or so. The weapon has to charge, and sit and prepare. Kara can't use it for a month now.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Garry was quick to step into the infirmary. "How's it going?" He asked.Fuchs approached him. "So far so good," he whispered. "We've managed to help the patient gain some sense of individuality, but unfortunately some piece of the Maelstrom remains and we're not sure what to do?""Could you try to surgically remove it?" Garry asked."Probably not," replied Fuchs. "'However, depending on where it's located we might be able to remove it through a transplant.""You think it could work?""Well, it's just a theory," replied Fuchs."I don't want theories," replied Garry. "I want answers."