Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: The sun shone brightly as Montoya pulled his truck to a stop. He could see that familiar seaside cabin he'd found all those years ago as he opened the door and stepped outside.The door to the cabin opened, and Debbie, that beautiful wife of his stepped out in her apron, her long dark hair tied into a ponytail. The two ran to each other and embraced."I was so worried about you?" Debbie said, her eyes filled with tears. "When that man phoned me and asked about you.""It's okay," Montoya replied. "It's all over now. My life in crime is over. From now on we try to make the best for our kids, okay?"Debbie nodded, and together they went inside.OOC: Fairly simple, I know, but I think this ties up something.

OoC:Here we go guys, my last iC of the dino attack RPG. Quite frankly I expected you would all be waiting on me but apparently avmatoran and Jackson still have plains. Now I can just sit back and enjoy the end. :)It's truly a bittersweet moment, this has defined my existence for some time now. I've been playing this for my entire high school life and I've made some great friends. In many way, you folks have proven to be better friends then some of the people I actually know. When I look back at my first post I realize how much I've progressed as a writer. I'm so proud of my accomplishments here and I even placed it on my college resume. It's encouraged me to take my writing seriously I expect to eventually start a career in it.Without further ado, this is the conclusion of all stories. This is the end. :rollaway:iC: June, 2011

Carl Lutsky, age 42, was found dead in his room yesterday of an apparent suicide. Sources from Napoleon XIV indicate that no visitors were received in the hours preceding his death and the circumstances all point to the former commander taking his own life. Napoleon XIV prides itself in its security but admits that accidents do take place. This is the first suicide the intuition has documented in thirteen months.
The motives behind Lutsky’s actions are unknown. No suicide note was located but personal theorize it was his continual agitation that puts him over the edge. Carl Lutsky served in the DINO team during the 2010 conflict. Events on Adventures’ island promoted him to commander where he briefly served with distinction. Doctors suggest that it was his demotion that instigated his mental breakdown. In the days following, Lutsky was reported to be disturbed and detached. His murder of the archeologist Gahiji Thutmose resulted in his arrest and subsequent court-marshal. An examination by Dr. Nicholas Saran classified the commander as insane based on hallucinations and paranoid schizophrenia. He was admitted in February and has lived at Napoleon XIV for the last five months.
Before the war, Carl Lutsky worked as a manager for the World city branch of a box company. During that time he worked with Matthew Vherestrom who would eventually join the war on the side of XERRD. He married Emily Wooster in 1992 and had a daughter Lara. They were divorced in 2008 and both would eventually die in Dino attack two years later. Carl was the sole survivor in his building and the incident would be what drove him to join the team.
Carl Lutsky has no surviving relatives. The date of his funeral ceremony is to be announced.
Elite agent Hertz closed the newspaper and filed it away on his desk. At least that’s what he told himself, in truth he just added it to the pile of papers covering every horizontal surface of his office. The immediate pile capsized and tumbled onto the floor. He swore and muttered to himself about the cleaning staff not doing their work as he gathered up the documents and pushed them aside.Somewhere beside a half-eaten pizza was a wedding catalog. He remembered Naomi had given it to him when his desk was still clean. That had been a long time ago and therefor meant it was beneath layers of documents and would probably never see the light of day again.He stopped and considered the concept that somewhere on his desk was a wedding catalog. It was a ridiculous premise because he had never ever pictured himself getting married. Looking at tuxedos and deciding colors was an entirely foreign notion to him. Over the last few months he had figured out some of the basic skills of a relationship that had eluded him in high school years. He was someone who Naomi would not have been caught dead with. The brooding nerd and cheerleader homecoming queen were truly star crossed lovers. Hertz himself was surprised by the relationship, he had always envisioned woman like Naomi to be total ditzs. Although she dragged him around to shoe sales and chick flicks she proved to be very intelligent. Their relationship was going perfectly, although Hertz hated to sound like a hallmark card he had to admit that was the truth.He had proposed after a walk through City Park. It had been a gorgeous day and the two had a lunch at Café corner. Because of his elite agent ranking he had been able to afford a perfect ring without going over the top. He had popped the question before on Adventurers’ island and had only succeeded in embarrassing himself. He now had the time to do it right, so when he got down on his knee and asked the question everything went like a dream.The record player in his office whined as a dated Rock ‘n’ roll album skidded on its track. He rose from the flour and listened a moment as melodious melodies reached his ears. It was not a direct course however; the notes flowed past his cochlear implants before reaching his mind.What a miracle it was that he could even hear the music. Months ago he had been deaf and without resolve. Everything that mattered had been yanked away in that horrible explosion. He had wondered in silence for hours before the devices had fallen into his lap.The implants he wore today where not the same that Enter and Return had installed. Those had never been calibrated to his unique head and lacked some features necessary for a radio technician. In January he had upgraded them to pair that could pick up a wider range of frequencies and could function underwater. The new sets of cochlear implants were so advanced that his hearing was superior to that of a normal person.The swinging 50s album filled the office. Every rhythm and cord meant so much more to him than it did before. He valued his hearing more than ever and he accepted how blessed he was to be have his ears back.The sound of footsteps in the hallway reached his ears. He pulled the needle away from the record player and sat down quickly at his desk. He straightened the papers in hopes of looking busy and pushed the garbage pile into the trash. It cleared of a large swatch of his desk that had not been visible since he first got the office.His fiancée opened the door and smiled. She was carrying some catalogs under her arms and a bag of clothing from her most resent shopping exertion. She smiled with delight when she saw him behind what could only be described as a debris field.“Hay honey,” beamed Hertz. “I was not expecting you to drop by.”“I was in the area,” Said Naomi as she looked around for a place to sit, “I thought I would swing by and see how you were.”The elite agent got up hastily and pulled away the box of wires sitting on one of his chairs. He dumped it in the corner and brushed of the seat before allowing her to sit down.“I see you’ve been making an effort to clean up your office.” Said Naomi sarcastically.“Hay!” replied Hertz with mock insult. “When I have to keep out house clean all my work needs to go somewhere.”“Shouldn’t work stay in the office regardless?” smiled Naomi.“Those papers at home were more of a hobby.” He chuckled. “Believe it or not, all the stuff here is meticulously organized.” He pointed his finger in the air displaying a dramatic show of bravado. “I have a system!”“Yah,” Naomi rolled her eyes. “I’m sure you do.” She leaned back in the chair and held out the catalog she had brought with her. “I came by to talk to you about the wedding.”“Oh yes.” Said Hertz as he looked down at the patch on his desk where he thought the old catalog might be. “I’ve been looking through that.”“Really?” said Naomi skeptically.There was an awkward silence as she stared across the desk at him. He gave a valiant effort keeping his poker face but he ultimately gave in. He put his hands to his face and shook his head in submission. “I’m sorry Naomi. You know how much work I’ve had recently.”“Charlie, we’re getting married.” She sighed. “Why can’t you prioritize? You’ve been doing work for so long now. Let someone else track those dinosaurs! I don’t want to plain our wedding alone.”Hertz was feeling really guilty. Since February the dinosaur activity had been picking up again. Many had been cured in the first weeks of 2011 but the non-mutants had begun to breed. The problem had not yet escalated into a danger but Hertz predicted that left unchecked they could lead to a second Dino attack in the near future.Many of the dino attack scientists were now working with ADU to fight the alien conquest. They were making ground against the terrestrial invaders but the focus was being drawn away from the Dino attack clean up. Hertz, Specs, and Reptile where among the only agents still working with the team.He looked down at his cluttered desk. The papers mostly consisted of tracing reports and files about reptile genetics. Not a single visible paper was about his fiancée.“And you won’t have to.” Replied Hertz at last. “I have a little time now, what do you want to talk about?”Naomi considered where to begin. She glanced at the full calendar on Hertz’s desk. It was covered in notes and Xs indicating meetings and appointments. “We need to pick a date.” She began. “We need to get the word out for our guests.”“Fair enough,” Said Hertz as he motioned for her to join him on the other side of the desk. Naomi smiled and navigated her way over to sit on his lap. Hertz put his arm around her and reached for his calendar.“Next month looks pretty busy,” he began. “August could be tough too. Honey, we may not be able to do this until September.”“Well can’t you clear out a week?” said Naomi. “For the creator’s sake, you practically head of this operation now!”Hertz considered. He had a hard time trusting others with his job. If there was trouble, Hertz often ended up preforming the task himself. Being in the Dino attack team had taught him some social skills but at heart he was still an introvert.“I’ll talk to my secretary.” Reasoned the elite agent, “This is just cleanup work after all, I doubt they’ll need me breathing down their neck every moment. Specs can probably set aside some time to help too.”Naomi smiled and kissed him on the check. “Charlie, I’m glad to hear you care.”“Was there ever a doubt?” replied Hertz as he raised his eyebrow. He motioned to the newspaper lying among the pile of papers on the floor. “Did you hear Carl Lutsky died?”“No,” said Naomi in surprise. She pulled away and looked her fiancé in the eye. “How did that happen?”“My report is that he hung himself.” He said. “There was no suicide note but the doctors admit they anticipated trouble. Lutsky’s profile indicated that his situation had gotten worse since his admittance to the institution. It’s really too bad, the staff should have kept better security.”“Hmm, talk of suicide,” said Naomi. “That really lightens the mood doesn’t it?” “Sorry.” admitted Hertz. “I just thought it was interesting.”“Let’s change the subject,” said Naomi as she once again put her arms around him. “Have you done any thinking about who we’re going to invite? I was thinking asked Gates to be my maid of honor.”“That sound good.” Considered Hertz as he leaned back, “Obviously we invite most of the team. I don’t have any idea who could be me best man yet.” He paused to ponder. “Maybe Zach or David. I suppose I could talk to Dr. Cyborg provided he’s not too busy with XERRD and the aliens. ”“Well you have some time to think about it.” She replied. She glanced down at the scribbled calendar that Hertz had thrown on the floor and sighed. “A lot of time.”“I’m sorry Naomi,” said Hertz. “Don’t worry, I’ll make some time. I would not miss this for the world. I would never let my work damage what we’ve made together.”Their lips moved closer together. The professional in Hertz told him that this was inappropriate behavior for the workplace but the madly in love nerd told him he should take advantage of this opportunity. It had been some time since he and Naomi had shared an intimate moment. The months of alien conquest had meant Hertz often got home late. He had neglected their relationship and he wanted to turn all that around.Just then the phone rang. The pitch was amplified by the implants in the elite agent’s ears. He stretched his arms out from beneath his fiancée and dug for the phone under his cluttered desk. The caller ID told him it was Specs on the line. The founding member had been taking a lot of criticism for the slow clean up but he was still relatively respected by the team. Sadly, some officials were demanding he be replaced with some fresh blood.If Specs was calling it could be important. Then again, it could just as easily wait.He muted the phone and turned back to Naomi. “I was thinking we make the colors olive and maroon.”“Oh, I like that,” Said Naomi alluringly. She grabbed hold of the tie Hertz was sporting and the chair they were sitting on flipped. The IKEA desk chair was not designed for such strain. The laughed as they tumbled down.When Hertz lay on the floor of his office with his beautiful wife-to-be in his arms he considered how far he had come. He had started the war as a week, nerdy, tech officer under the command of Carl Lutsky. He had been an introvert who avoided causing conflict and would rarely stand up for his ideals. Not he was an elite agent and leading the cleanup department of the dino attack team. He cochlear implants let him hear again and he had toned his body into a strong psychical form. He had grown up and become a leader, and most importantly he had met Naomi.Even after witnessing the horrors of war, killing men, and facing death, meeting her strangely made it all worth it.OoC:So that's it. I too shell raise my glass to all of ye. It was a wonderful experience.I might one day continue the adventures of Hertz in a Dino 2012 mini series. That and some star wars fan fic I've been meaning to write will eventually find it's way to deviantART. I might post a teaser here if I have time but in the meantime I'll probably only be doing commentaries and sentimental posts.Our work will live on. I imagine soon it will find it's way onto TV tropes and I intend to work on a graphic novel in art class. These are such great stories and characters here and I will never forget them.But now, I now can only wait for the end.Thank you, for everything. :spinsmile: Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Goodbye, that guy from that show. It's been real fun. You were the first person who interacted me when I joined, and gave me help when I needed it. I've had some laughs and some tears from your posts. We'll still talk, if I'm going to assist in the sequel story, and I'd love to see the graphic novel, but it will never be the same. Farewell, that guy from that RPG.On a less serious note, I found the mental image of Dr. Cyborg being Hertz's best man extremely amusing.Yes, I know I'm being slow, Real Life is haring upon me currently. Hopefully, I can get the rest of my stuff done soon. Man, we're dropping like flies!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: So it looks like I'm probably going to be the one you're all waiting on.I did say I'd post over Thanksgiving, but frankly, it's just not been possible. To be honest, I've been pretty much completely burnt out for the past month, and it's only gotten worse in the past couple of weeks. I'm actually posting this without even having read that guy's conclusion; it's already near-impossible for me to stay on top of my classwork, much less this thread. I dunno if any of you folks have ever had the experience of being so stressed, depressed, and sleep-deprived that you feel physically ill, but if you haven't, please don't. It's not a good time.I have three weeks left in the semester. I can say with some certainty that I won't be able to complete my last post until that time is over, and I may well require several days afterwards just to recover my bearings. I do apologize for suddenly going all serious, and once again I'm really very sorry for holding up the ending like this. Rest assured, though, I will be back to conclude my story. I just can't say when for sure that will be.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I'm kinda in the same boat, Jackson. I've got a few essays plus exams to worry about, combined with my own personal writing. You see I'm now writing scripts- I have two big ones currently, a war film and an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness, along with a few other concepts I've been developing (which include a detective story full of twists and with some unusual lesbian elements and a sci-fi/psychological horror story), as well as a few I've been outlining which include a heist film based on Trigger's flashback (also full of crazy twists and turns and heavily inspired by The Usual Suspects) and a romance about a man and a women who have to work together to survive on a deserted island and ultimately find true love despite a language barrier. And to cap it all off I've also been outlining a possible sequel to my fanfiction based on The Thing. The result is that I haven't had as much time to think about what I'm going to do for my last post.

OOC:Count me in in the struggling to finish club.Hey, could we see some more views of the Final Battle version of the headquarters, PeabodySam?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:I've been working on that cast of characters I started awhile back. I made quite a few picks that I like this time and I hope you'll like with my selections.Some of them were very hard. I had particular difficulty with Garry, Reptile, and Pierce. I'm satisfied with the choices but there is room for improvement.If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them. My priorities now are Frozeen, Montoya, Katerina (I still really like Scarlett Johansson :P) Andrea Jackson, Stranger, Ogel, Crusher, Glados, Lance, and Helm.Please note that when casting I based my choices on the actor's merits, not their appearance. Although many of Atton's characters had a clear choice, I wanted to pick an actor who was the appropriate age. I also tried to avoid picking the actor who played the part that inspired the character. (Hence not Geoffrey Rush as Greybeard)Here is the link, the actors are in order of billing.I actually might have something else on the way. It all depends on when others finish.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: That's actually pretty some pretty good picks. I'm actually rather surprised by how close Aaron Eckhart is to Pierce, and Josh Holloway actually looks a bit like Kurt Russel (not a bad choice for Snake- maybe he can do a duel role and also be agent MacReady). Tim Robbins doesn't look too far off for Garry, and of course Josh Brolin as Clint (he's done some good Western stuff, if you've ever seen him in No Country for Old Men or the recent True Grit, both by the Coen brothers, you'll know what I mean). And of course Jeff Bridges and John Goodman making cameos as Dude and Walter is friggin' awesome. Dakota Fanning isn't too bad a choice for Kate neither.For Montoya, I'd probably imagine Daniel Baldwin (especially since he's aged some few years, good for the idea of his characters as a reformed criminal who's past has caught up with him). Lance is going to be a harder one. You'll need someone fairly young and reasonably attractive.

OoC:Here are some ideas:Bruce Campbell or Jeff Fahey as MacReady. They both can pull of the long hair look and preform good action. They got humor, a chin, and rouge charm. Campbell was a awesome b-movie actor too untill he got a lead role on Burn Notice.Taylor Lautner as Lance. He looks good shirtless, is handsome, has a surfer vibe, and a blank look in his eye. He also has a legion of fangirls.Jim Parsons as Frozeen. He has such an awkord vibe yet has serious skill as an actor. I think he has the right build and his social ineptitude is perfect. Plus, even though Frozeen is not gay he was considered such for awile. Jim Parsons is gay so he sould have no problem there!Once I get off my phone I'll put Daniel Baldwin on the list as Montoya.You might be intersted to know I considered Kevin Bacon as Garry and Don Hamm, David Schwimmer, Nathon Fillion, and Eric Bana as Dr. Pierce. I think I made the right choices.

That is all

OOC: I actually didn't notice it at first but Uma Thurman would make a pretty good Sarah Bishop. I know I mentioned Linda Hamilton before but she does look about the right age and not to far off from my vision.Bruce Campbell looks a little older than I'd imagined but I think I can sort of see where you're getting at, if you were to give him long hair and a beard...I'm not quite sure about Taylor Lautner. I see what led you to that conclusion but I was hoping for someone a bit less... shirtless werewolf.I could actually see Nathan Fillion finding a part as someone. I'm just not entirely sure exactly who.

OOC: I actually didn't notice it at first but Uma Thurman would make a pretty good Sarah Bishop. I know I mentioned Linda Hamilton before but she does look about the right age and not to far off from my vision.Bruce Campbell looks a little older than I'd imagined but I think I can sort of see where you're getting at, if you were to give him long hair and a beard...I'm not quite sure about Taylor Lautner. I see what led you to that conclusion but I was hoping for someone a bit less... shirtless werewolf.I could actually see Nathan Fillion finding a part as someone. I'm just not entirely sure exactly who.
OoC: how old exactly is Kurt? I think Bruce sould have a role somewhere and I like him as Kurt MacReady but if he's wrong age it might not be appropriate. I think he has the right character for the part and he certainly could play a younger guy if he needed to. Does Kurt have a beard? That's never something I envisioned. :shrugs:As for Taylor Lautner, I think he is perfect for the part. His career has somewhat been defined by Twilight, it's annoying, but it's something I try to over look. In his case, he's a character actor that would have no problem playing a dude.Nathan Fillion could play Giovanni Wade perhaps. Who do you think sould play the female Pyro and Gate's Crusher?

That is all

OOC: I'd probably imagine Mac being in his mid-thirties at the least, and yes, I did envision him with a beard. Of course then again the match isn't always perfect. In fact taking another look I'm starting to think Campbell might be able to do it.Nathan Fillion would actually be a pretty good choice for Giovanni Wade or Barry Jackson (heck, he'd be a better fit than the actors who originally played the characters they were both inspired by).Pyro (both versions) would be a tough one. For Andrea Jackson you'd nead someone who could alternately convey a sense of innocence and insecurity and uncontrollable fury. For Andrew on the other hand, we'd need someone who's good at playing psychos. I'd say Christopher Lee but he's a bit too old. Sean Bean would have the right sort of look if you made him pale.

OOC: I'd probably imagine Mac being in his mid-thirties at the least, and yes, I did envision him with a beard. Of course then again the match isn't always perfect. In fact taking another look I'm starting to think Campbell might be able to do it.Nathan Fillion would actually be a pretty good choice for Giovanni Wade or Barry Jackson (heck, he'd be a better fit than the actors who originally played the characters they were both inspired by).Pyro (both versions) would be a tough one. For Andrea Jackson you'd nead someone who could alternately convey a sense of innocence and insecurity and uncontrollable fury. For Andrew on the other hand, we'd need someone who's good at playing psychos. I'd say Christopher Lee but he's a bit too old. Sean Bean would have the right sort of look if you made him pale.
I like really Sean Bean as the real Pyro. Maybe Amanda Seyfried, Emma Watson, or Jennifer Lawrence as the fake Pyro. I think Lawrence especially would be good for the part. On a related note, Evangeline Lily or Mila Kunis could be Maria and Jeremy Renner could be Shotgun.

That is all

OOC: Well, for Maria you'd need to find someone who can really pull off the Southern accent. While she's actually Scottish Kelly Macdonald did put on a really good Texas accent in No Country for Old Men.Emma Watson or Jennifer Lawrence wouldn't be too bad for the role of Pyro. I could see Lawrence with pale skin and messy hair.I kinda like the sound of Jeremy Renner as Barry Jackson/Shotgun.Now there is still the question of who's going to take on Angel Eyes. I'd say Lee Van Cleef but that's going to be a bit of a problem, finding a good substitute will be quite a challenge.For some reason after seeing Terrence Stamp, it got me wondering about Malcom MacDowell as one of the villains.

Edited by Atton Rand

OoC:Update:

• Terence Stamp as Ogel
  • Framk Langella as General (voice)
  • Tom Felton as Loop
  • Matt Damon as Elite Agent Reptile
  • Elijah Wood as Agent Bluetooth
  • Jere Burns as Firecracker
  • Matthew McConaughey as Founding Agent Specs
  • David Anders as Draco
  • Walton Goggins as Agent Palmer
  • Emile Hirsch as Agent Ben Shiller
  • Olivia Wilde as Agent Lucy Wright
  • Kevin Durand as Blair Darkling
  • Robert Maillet as Epic Winston Grendelwulf
  • Jason Momoa as Ahua
  • Andrew Garfield as Agent Tracer
  • Tom Felton as Elite Agent Hotwire
  • Tilda Swinton as Kat
  • Matt Smith as Loop

Still needed:

• Agent Stranger
  • Dr. Gates Crusher
  • Agent Helm
  • Angle Eyes
  • Commander Rockford
  • Agent Kara Wise
  • Oswald Fabello
  • Elite Agent Zenna
  • Agent Tracer
  • Dr. Caroline Provencal
  • Detective Bogart
  • Athena Fabello
  • Sam Sinister
  • Agent Mort
  • Founding Agent Viper
  • Agent Osprey
  • Agent Catless
  • Founding Agent Shadow
  • Dr. Walter Breen
  • Dr. Zed Provhezor

EDIT: PeabodySam, I am dieing to see more pictures of the headquarters under attack.

That is all

OOC:After thinking, I realized I have an idea of who to be Dr. Cyborg that would fit with some of the others on the list. He's one of my favorite actors, and one that might fit Dr. Cyborg: Robert Downey, Jr. Tell me what you think, that guy, and feel free to change it to Robert Downey, Jr., or keep it as Joseph Gordon-Levitt at your discretion.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I've got enough of a reprieve of respond to this updated list.First off, good picks for Wright, Shiller, Winston, and Swerve -- no objections there. Mind blown upon realizing that Elijah Wood was hardly any older when LOTR was filmed than I am now. Now, I know you said you weren't thinking about appearance that much, but I have a hunch that you consulted my sketch of Hotwire at least once; unfortunately, I am not good at drawing faces. Both the actors you suggested for Hotwire are a bit too square-jawed, as is my sketch. However, if I might shuffle your list a bit, Andrew Garfield would actually be a really good fit for Tracer, and now that I think of it, Tom Felton would make a decent Hotwire. I'm still uncertain about Scarlet Johanson. I pondered a bit and I think Tilda Swinton would work better in the role of Kat. I do think Tom Felton would have made a decent Loop, but I'm actually going to say Matt Smith. He can be pretty dang scary, and he has a large enough forehead that a third eye could fit in very easily. :P I haven't any idea about Helm, though. And that also leaves Osprey and Mort.And Josh Hutcherson would be one year older than Zach, not younger.Also, avmatoran, I'm not sure about Robert Downey Jr. He tends to play rather egotistical characters, and though Dr. Cyborg does have a bit of a flair for the dramatic, I always read him as someone who was really just in it for the science. Plus I just think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is perfect for the part.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Okay. It was just a thought, given that Downey can play sciency characters well, as evidenced by Iron Man. I guess Gordon-Levitt is a better choice.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:Thank you Jackson, the list has been edited accordingly. You're absolutely right, Tilda Swinton would make a great Kat! Waaay better then my pick. Matt Smith is another pick that never would have accursed to me, I suppose I envisioned Loop as younger. The forehead certainly is key and he fits the evil brit I imagined.Helm has certainly proven difficult. I've been leaning toward John Rhys-Davies but without knowing Helm's body type I'm hesitant about locking him in.I agree with Jackson about Dr. Cyborg. I think Gordon-Levitt is perfect. He has a good sense of humor and can play a person with ethics. Although I like Downey Jr, he would be better as a comic relief character. He usually play argent and self-obsessed characters and that would be really out of character for Dr. Cyborg. I'll update my previous post and add Ospray and Mort to the needed list. I'm still working on another RPG project and I actually may be able to post it soonish.

That is all

OOC: The strange thing is I keep finding myself doing the inverse, thinking of actors who'd be good for a role but not knowing for sure what role they'd be good for. For some reason I keep thinking of Harry Dean Stanton, and seeing Elijah Wood got me thinking of Martin Freeman.Also, I'll admit I didn't see Matt Smith coming. For some reason he doesn't seem to bad a choice but I just got so used to seeing him play the loveable Doctor it's hard to imagine him being the exact opposite.

I've never seen Gordon-Levitt in a film, so I'll take your words for it, that guy and Jackson.
OoC:He's actually pretty big right now. He was in Premium Rush, Looper, G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra, Inception, and especially The Dark Knight Rises. Have you considered who could be Catless or Kara Wise? I don't know how old ether of them are but I think Shailene Woodley could play one of them.Also, PeabodySam, we have not herd from you in awhile. I know you've been watching and I've assumed you've just been waiting for Jackson, Atton, and avmatoran to finish their stuff. I noticed you posted a new photo of the headquarters on the wiki and I think I speak for all of us when I say we would love to see more. You're input on this actor discussion would also be cool.

That is all

OOC: I hadn't even thought of Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man...I guess I can see the sciencey thing going on there. I think the distinction, then, is mainly that I can easily imagine a character of Gordon-Levitt's caliber building a successful technological corporation from scratch. Not quite so much the case with Robert Downey Jr.I'll admit, I've only ever seen JGL in Inception, so I'm not very familiar with his work either. Judging from that one film, though, he just seems to be the right type of person to play Dr. Cyborg.Helm...well, Helm's basically Captain Haddock from the Tintin books, except with a family instead of raging alcoholism. And I think John Rhys-Davies would fit into the 'big strapping sailor' mold just fine. I have no objections.Martin Freeman could perhaps fit the part of Sam Race.And we've seen Matt Smith's Doctor get all dark and angry plenty of times...just imagine that as his base mood, and with no regard for any life but his own...yeah, he could play Loop.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Also, PeabodySam, we have not herd from you in awhile. I know you've been watching and I've assumed you've just been waiting for Jackson, Atton, and avmatoran to finish their stuff. I noticed you posted a new photo of the headquarters on the wiki and I think I speak for all of us when I say we would love to see more. You're input on this actor discussion would also be cool.
OOC: I've finally started to organize some ideas, but I'm probably going to wait until my classes are over (after next week) to actually start writing. But yes, having seen the image on the wiki and been talked to PeabodySam about some of the things inside (and helped him create renditions of certain individuals) I'm pretty excited to see those pictures.Anyway, I never said Matt Smith couldn't do the part. I just meant to say he never really struck me as someone who could pull off a villainous role simply because I got to know him as the generally well-meaning Doctor. Now that you mention it John Rhys-Davies wouldn't make a bad sailor neither.Now I've got to find someone who can take on the role of Angel Eyes. It's very hard to think of someone who could match Lee Van Cleef.Edit: I just thought of Woody Harrelson. He's definitley got a Western vibe of sorts (just look at his brief, but memorable performance in No Country For Old Men and tell me he can't do a Western). I do wonder, if you dressed him in black and gave him a mustache, could he pull off the role of Angel Eyes? I mean he's no Lee Van Cleef but he's a pretty cool guy. Edited by Atton Rand

Edit: I just thought of Woody Harrelson. He's definitley got a Western vibe of sorts (just look at his brief, but memorable performance in No Country For Old Men and tell me he can't do a Western). I do wonder, if you dressed him in black and gave him a mustache, could he pull off the role of Angel Eyes? I mean he's no Lee Van Cleef but he's a pretty cool guy.
OoC:Woody Harrelson would actually be pretty good. He's a real underrated actor.I'll put John Rhys-Davies on the list too. I never imaged Helm as a big guy but I can sure picture Rhys-David with a sailor cap. Jackon may have a point about Martin Freeman being Sam Race, he seems a little old but I don't think his age was ever specified. It might just be that I associate the name Sam with young people.I was thinking about some names Atton threw out. Malcom MacDowell could make a decent Walter Breen and Harry Dean Stanton could be Sam Sinister if we slapped a monocle on him and combed his hair.I was thinking Gabriel Macht could pull of Agent Osprey well. I don't know about Mort however, I don't know if his body type is buff or lean. If he's buff Christopher Meloni could be good but he's 18 years to old. Eric Bana is cool but he's 11 years to old. Joaquin Phenoix or Zachary Quinto might also be good and they are a more appropriate age for the part.EDIT: I just thought Jackie Erle Harley could be a good Shadow Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: I was just talking to PeabodySam in a steam chat. It seems he's quite impressed with your casting choice for Amanda. That did lead me to notice something rather funny though when it occured to me the real Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace, who made her name in the original Swedish version which really didn't need to be remade) was playing the exact opposite of that character, while the remake's version (Rooney Mara) had one or two moments based on the American version.

Dr. Cyborg does have a bit of a flair for the dramatic,

What do you mean by that?Also, that guy, I asked Kara about that actor for her character, she said no, but her only requirement is someone with red curly hair. And I suppose that actor would work for Catless, so go ahead.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:

Aright, so here is the Catless shortlist. They where all considered for the role of Katniss in the Hunger Games so I think they all have the right qualities. Just pick someone who you think looks the part.

Saoirise Ronan

Jodelle Ferland

Lyndsy Fonseca

Shailene Woodley

Kara wise is harder because I don't have many qualifications. I figured she would be about the same age as Dr. Cyborg so that somewhat narrowed it down. Here is the short list I made.

Kirsten Dunst

Bryce Dallas Howard

Kate Mara

Amanda Seyfried

Atton, have you done any thinking about Bogart, Dr. Crusher, Carrie, Fuchs, and Montgonal? I think they are all I have left for your characters. Help picking someone to play Viper and Joesph Race would be appreciated too.

EDIT: just thought Jake Abel or Kevin Zegers could pull off Oswald Fabello

That is all

OOC: There was another name that struck me earlier that I thought would be good for something. I don't seem to remember what it was, though.

As for the others, it's a tricky choice. For Bogart we'd need someone who can pull off the classic "noir" look (think something along the lines of Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon or if you don't want to go that far back at least Jack Nicholson in Chinatown- actually come to think of it Nicholson is another one there's probably a part for in here somewhere, especially if we can find a crazy guy). Preferably not too young.

For Carrie I've thought of Anne Hathaway or Natalie Portman, but I'm not entirely sure. Emily Deschanel might be able to do Crusher (she's in a similar territory with Bones). Sarah Michelle Geller might be able to pull off the role of Teri Dactyl/Scope as well (stick her in fatigues and give her a rifle...)

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:I think I like Saoirise Ronan as Catless. She'd be fine. I'll show the four for Kara to Kara tomorrow, see what she says.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:

Atton, have you considered Nester Carbonell, Berry Pepper, or Colin Farell as Bogart? Bogart has a relatively small part so it might be odd to give it to a big name like Colin Farell. I like Nester Carbonell but I don't know about adding a sixth actor from LOST. :P

OOC: It's not that unusual to cast big name actors in small roles. The Hurt Locker had three unknown actors in leading roles, while the three biggest names in the movie have only a few minutes of screentime- two of them get killed, and one of them doesn't even have a name.

Looking at him Colin Farell actually does have the sort of look. Comb his hair back and stick him in a fedora he might just pull it off. You'd just have to work around his accent in order to fully capture the "noir" feel of the character.

For some reason Clint Eastwood has occured to me as a possible choice for Dr. Copper. He's an old man who can probably pull off the part rather well. I'm not sure the exact age for King Joseph Race, but assuming he is supposed to be an old man (which is the impression I got), you could try Michael Gambon (The guy who played Dumbledore after Richard Harris died).

Great, now Johnny Depp has dawned on me as another character who there has to be a part for in here somewhere.

OOC: And then, there were four.

that guy, it's truly been a great honor to have you writing Dino Attack RPG with us for the past... a-little-more-than-two years. Your unique writing style led to some of the exceptionally strongest characters that I've ever seen in the past seven years, and I've always anticipated reading your next IC post. Thanks for being here with us and truly making these last few years of Dino Attack RPG the greatest they could possibly be.

And yes, I have been watching this topic like an eagle, checking as often as I can every day. I'm ready to post my final post and end this for good... I'm just waiting for the rest of you to wrap up first. As one might say, "Ready whenever you are." And I do understand, Jacks and Atton, what with college finals right around this time of year, you guys have been exceptionally busy. I do find it amusing, though, that I originally intended to end this in July, and here we are at the end of November.

Let's... do our best to wrap things up before December 21, 2012, eh?

-----

As for the cast list... well, as I said before, I usually don't imagine any of my original characters as being portrayed by actors or actresses. It certainly doesn't help that I am unfamiliar with most of the actors/actresses in the list, or I know them from a role that makes me think, "Okay, maybe that's not the most fitting role for this character..." However, I do have a few comments:

While I'm still not familiar enough with Ben Affleck (again, I've only really seen him in Good Will Hunting) to truly make a call as to whether he'd make a good Rex, I realized today that whoever plays Rex would also have to be dually-cast as Dr. Rex. So, whoever plays Rex must not only be able to portray a strong, heroic character but also a tragic villain falling into insanity.

I already said this in the Steam chat with Atton (who went ahead and reported it here), but, again, while I don't see my characters as portrayed by any individual actors or actresses, I must say that I am impressed by your choice for Amanda. Unlike Atton, I'm not going to make judgments on who is the "real" Lisbeth Slander (What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain), but I will say that, having seen the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara's performance as Lisbeth Slander did have a subconscious effect on how I wrote Silencia Venomosa, and I do feel like Mara could do an excellent job at portraying the character of Amanda.

Alan Arkin as Frank Einstein is... probably not my first choice for the character (while I have no doubt he's a great actor, the only two roles that I'm familiar with are Bill in Edward Scissorhands and the grandfather in Little Miss Sunshine, neither of which really inspire "brilliant scientist" in my mind). If I had to pick an actor, John Noble would probably come to mind, mainly because of the relationship of Einstein and Bishop (if Einstein is played by Noble, he would be able to pull off a very convincing Bishop disguise!). I do notice, however, that Noble might be too young for the role, while Arkin is the perfect age, so I can see why you chose Arkin.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Matthew McConaughey, so I can't judge whether or not he'd make a good Specs (I know Specs isn't my character and belongs to LEGO, but I still feel like I want to offer commentary on this one). However, when I wrote Specs, Lance Reddick's performance as Colonel Phillip Broyles served as my main inspiration. Of course, there's the race issue... and if Specs receives a Race Lift for this hypothetical movie, Ata would need one as well (or else his Specs disguise would fail miserably). But even if Reddick specifically could not work for Specs, someone who could match Reddick's portrayal of a soft-spoken man with a powerful sense of authority and command, yet an undeniable and ever-present concern for the safety of his men, would be perfect for the role.

Ah, Jim Parsons is that actor who plays that geeky-looking guy from that show that everyone tells me that I need to watch... Big Bang Theory, right? Well, despite my family and friends all telling me that I need to watch this show, I haven't watched it, so I can't offer much commentary on this choice, I'm afraid. However, while I can see why you chose Parsons as Frozeen, he might be a little... too geeky for the role, I think. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

To be honest, it is an overstatement to say that Greybeard is based on Captain Hector Barbossa. While it is true that Greybeard's wedding ceremony was an obvious tribute to Barbossa's wedding, and Barbossa does stand out rather strongly in my mind as the pirate archetype that Greybeard follows, Greybeard is for the most part his own original character. Nonetheless, when I hear Greybeard in my head, it's Geoffery Rush's voice that comes closest. I admit, while I imagine Greybeard as sounding slightly deeper, slightly older, and slightly more hoarse than Rush's performance of Barbossa, if I had to pick an actor that could come closest to Greybeard in my mind, it would probably be Geoffery Rush. Since Greybeard is only loosely inspired by Barbossa, you wouldn't have to worry about that principle of casting expies (which, I see, you had no problem with casting Noomi Rapace as Noomi Shaw).

Again, I'm afraid that I must admit to being unfamiliar with Frank Langella. However, I must comment on the fact that I did sort of imagine General as having Christopher Lee's voice. What's notable about this? Christopher Lee and Frank Langella both portrayed Count Dracula. I found this sort of amusing.

Sean Bean as Pyro/Andrew Jackson could possibly work... although, when Atton mentioned Johnny Depp in his recent post, I realized that Johnny Depp would probably be my first choice for the role. As shown by his portrayal of Jack Sparrow, he can easily pull off the role of someone who has... err... his head not quite screwed on quite right, and he can easily match Andrew Jackson's Large Ham. It's a too perfect of a match, I think. Although, in one degree of separation, I think that Tim Burton's physical appearance is closest to how I imagine Andrew Jackson. Heh. Maybe Tim Burton should make a film starring Johnny Depp as a psychotic pyromaniac.

Although Evil Ogel is not my own (being an official LEGO character), his original voice actor, Oliver Fredericks, stands out in my mind as the definitive Evil Ogel. Can't seem to find him on IMDB, though. Looking at Terence Stamp (whom I know best as Ramsley in The Haunted Mansion), he's definitely got the right look for the role, and much like Fredericks, he's got a nice deep voice with a light British accent... but I'm having trouble imagining Ramsley the reserved and rather-subtle butler as the deliciously-Large Ham that is Evil Ogel (but as I said, this is the only role of his that I'm really familiar with, so I could be very, very wrong about that).

Martin Freeman as Sam Race? At first, I was about to comment that Freeman might be too old for the role... but then, when I thought about it, I realized that Sam Race might actually be older than how I imagined him (it has, after all, been nearly ten years in-universe since the Galactic Racing Championship), so age might not be an issue. Unfortunately, again, this is another actor whose roles I'm not familiar with, and I doubt that I'll be seeing many Sam Race-esque traits in Bilbo Baggins... but I think it was Jacks who recommended the actor, so I'm sure there must be some role he played that made Jacks think, "This guy could be a great Sam Race."

Malcolm McDowell as Walter Breen... I suppose that could work. McDowell might be a little too hammy for Breen, but I easily could see it working. Shame that Wallace Breen's original voice actor passed away, though.

SNAPE KILLED RACE! Hah, couldn't resist, after seeing Atton's suggestion for Michael Gambon as King Joseph Race. It could work, I suppose. Thinking of Gambon's performance of Dumbledore, however, leaves me unsure if he could physically pull off half of Race's racing and laser saber stunts, but in moments of calm... yeah, I could see this working.

As for more suggestions? I don't have much to offer, as usual, but...

• In my eyes (and in the eyes of most LEGO Island fans), there's only one true Brickster, and that's David L. Lander... although, he might possibly be getting a little too old for the role.
  • Bruno Ganz, also known as the one and only Adolf Hitler to have been mercilessly parodied endless times (Atton should know what I'm talking about), could easily pull off the "angry German mad scientist" archetype that Zed Provhezor is modeled after.
  • If not King Joseph Race, we could always cast Michael Gambon as Ben Gunn. He could easily pull off the role, I think.

If I think of anything else, I'll say so. Maybe not right away (I like to compile my thoughts over the week and post a long post at the end of the week, especially since I'm too busy to do so during the course of the week itself), but I'll get back to you. I promise.

And, again, it was great to have you writing Dino Attack RPG with us. I hope this isn't the last we see of you, and if you write a book, we'll be sure to buy it (... right, guys?)! Also, I can't wait to see the finished 13th floor of Dino Attack Headquarters, and if you have time, I know you mentioned that you wanted to do some analyses of Dino Attack RPG, and I'd be eager to read those.

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: And then, there were four.

I already said this in the Steam chat with Atton (who went ahead and reported it here), but, again, while I don't see my characters as portrayed by any individual actors or actresses, I must say that I am impressed by your choice for Amanda. Unlike Atton, I'm not going to make judgments on who is the "real" Lisbeth Slander (What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain), but I will say that, having seen the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara's performance as Lisbeth Slander did have a subconscious effect on how I wrote Silencia Venomosa, and I do feel like Mara could do an excellent job at portraying the character of Amanda.

OOC: The reason I called Noomi Rapace the "real" Lisbeth Salander is because her version (and it's sequels, I might add) came out first and were in Swedish (which if I'm not mistaken was where the original books were written). The American remake might not have been too bad but really when you get down to it it was really only made because the American studios couldn't handle the idea of a series of Swedish films based off of Swedish books becomming popular in America (regardless of whether it catapulted one Noomi Rapace to stardom and brought her into mainstream cinema).

Anyways, Bruno Ganz probably could pull off the role of a crazy scientist. The other actor that comes to mind is Thomas Kretschmann (also known as Herman Otto Fegelein).

Now yet another actor has just dawned on me - Jürgen Prochnow, a great but sadly underrated German actor probably best known for his role as the Captain in Das Boot (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001638/). Other more mainstream roles he's done include The English Patient, The DaVinci Code, Air Force One, and John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness.

OOC:

*Returns from the sunset*

Well, I came back, mostly because that guy lured me into it. First, I'll simply say that I'm still watching and have been enjoying watching the ends (and the petty science fiction debates, to some extent).

Now on to these actor/actress picks. Considering I don't know a whole lot about these actors you've picked for my characters, I'd say you did pretty well, just basing it on a role or two the actor has played. Such with Jason Momoa. Seeing his playing as Conan from Conan the Barbarian and reading a brief description of Conan the character, it seems that Momoa could very well pull it off.

The same for Kevin Durand and Blaire. Basing of the character tropes they give Martin Keamy on TV Tropes, Durand should be a good fit for Blaire, provided he grows out his hair a bit more. I can't really say anything about Willa Holland, not having found suitable enough works to say she could be Zelda, but you seem to know what your doing.

As for Oswald, I'm mostly leaning toward Jake Abel from your two choices.

After some brief thinking, I came up with Patricia Clarkson for Athena Fabello and Marion Cotillard for Carolyne Provencal. What do you think of that?

OOC:

I think it was Jacks who recommended the actor, so I'm sure there must be some role he played that made Jacks think, "This guy could be a great Sam Race."

I know him mainly as Arthur Dent in the 2005 version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and as Watson in BBC's Sherlock. Both those roles have their share of Race-like qualities.

Now yet another actor has just dawned on me - Jürgen Prochnow, a great but sadly underrated German actor probably best known for his role as the Captain in Das Boot. Other more mainstream roles he's done include The English Patient, The DaVinci Code, Air Force One, and John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness.

He might be a bit old for the role (and I've only ever seen him in Das Boot), but I think Prochnow would be a great Cane.EDIT: The heck is wrong with the BBCode? <_< First it doesn't work, then it starts spawning random quote tags that I didn't write. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OoC:

Ha, PeabodySam, I was wondering when I would here from you again. Odveously me and Atton have been pretty busy on this project or our's and I'm happy to hear you input. I have a lot of respect for your idea and as a result a lot of your cast has been changed to your specifications.

While I'm still not familiar enough with Ben Affleck (again, I've only really seen him in Good Will Hunting) to truly make a call as to whether he'd make a good Rex, I realized today that whoever plays Rex would also have to be dually-cast as Dr. Rex. So, whoever plays Rex must not only be able to portray a strong, heroic character but also a tragic villain falling into insanity.

Well Ben Affleck just stared in the movie Agro. He's been off the radar lately but his performance might get him an Oscar. He's a talented actor and he sould have no problem playing a complex charter like Rex. Ironically, I recently saw him on a commercial that supported a charity... for paralyzed veterans.

Alan Arkin as Frank Einstein is... probably not my first choice for the character (while I have no doubt he's a great actor, the only two roles that I'm familiar with are Bill in Edward Scissorhands and the grandfather in Little Miss Sunshine, neither of which really inspire "brilliant scientist" in my mind). If I had to pick an actor, John Noble would probably come to mind, mainly because of the relationship of Einstein and Bishop (if Einstein is played by Noble, he would be able to pull off a very convincing Bishop disguise!). I do notice, however, that Noble might be too young for the role, while Arkin is the perfect age, so I can see why you chose Arkin.

I often will pick the creator's casting choice over my own. If you think John Noble would be good then who am I to argue? Age sould be no problem, Actors can often play characters a decade older then themselves. I think the only work I've seen from Noble is the Return of the King. Personalty, it's not much to go on but I trust your judgment.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Matthew McConaughey, so I can't judge whether or not he'd make a good Specs (I know Specs isn't my character and belongs to LEGO, but I still feel like I want to offer commentary on this one). However, when I wrote Specs, Lance Reddick's performance as Colonel Phillip Broyles served as my main inspiration. Of course, there's the race issue... and if Specs receives a Race Lift for this hypothetical movie, Ata would need one as well (or else his Specs disguise would fail miserably). But even if Reddick specifically could not work for Specs, someone who could match Reddick's portrayal of a soft-spoken man with a powerful sense of authority and command, yet an undeniable and ever-present concern for the safety of his men, would be perfect for the role.

Man, I love Lance Reddick. He had a role in LOST too where he played a rather creepy representative of the man I based the Englishmen on. He has charisma and authority which is just awesome. He would be a perfect pick for Specs. I've been rather hesitant do do any race lifts with characters but if anyone would sould be a bold black leader guy it sould be Specs.

Ah, Jim Parsons is that actor who plays that geeky-looking guy from that show that everyone tells me that I need to watch... Big Bang Theory, right? Well, despite my family and friends all telling me that I need to watch this show, I haven't watched it, so I can't offer much commentary on this choice, I'm afraid. However, while I can see why you chose Parsons as Frozeen, he might be a little... too geeky for the role, I think. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

Being too geeky was a concern of mine too. I think he has talent as an actor and if you have any doubt about him playing serious badman I only refer you to this photo. I even think he would look okay with bright red hair.

To be honest, it is an overstatement to say that Greybeard is based on Captain Hector Barbossa. While it is true that Greybeard's wedding ceremony was an obvious tribute to Barbossa's wedding, and Barbossa does stand out rather strongly in my mind as the pirate archetype that Greybeard follows, Greybeard is for the most part his own original character. Nonetheless, when I hear Greybeard in my head, it's Geoffery Rush's voice that comes closest. I admit, while I imagine Greybeard as sounding slightly deeper, slightly older, and slightly more hoarse than Rush's performance of Barbossa, if I had to pick an actor that could come closest to Greybeard in my mind, it would probably be Geoffery Rush. Since Greybeard is only loosely inspired by Barbossa, you wouldn't have to worry about that principle of casting expies (which, I see, you had no problem with casting Noomi Rapace as Noomi Shaw).

Fair enough, it might just be that I associate him so much with Barbossa. It just seemed too close and I was reather put off. If you think he sould reprise his role as a very piratey pirate then so be it. As for, Noomi Shaw, I might just need to recast her. I might have just been lazy and locked in the first person who came to mind. Atton, if you have any ideas for someone other then Noomi Rapace I'd be glad to here them.

Again, I'm afraid that I must admit to being unfamiliar with Frank Langella. However, I must comment on the fact that I did sort of imagine General as having Christopher Lee's voice. What's notable about this? Christopher Lee and Frank Langella both portrayed Count Dracula. I found this sort of amusing.

HaHa, I never realized that. Christopher Lee is hereby General.

Sean Bean as Pyro/Andrew Jackson could possibly work... although, when Atton mentioned Johnny Depp in his recent post, I realized that Johnny Depp would probably be my first choice for the role. As shown by his portrayal of Jack Sparrow, he can easily pull off the role of someone who has... err... his head not quite screwed on quite right, and he can easily match Andrew Jackson's Large Ham. It's a too perfect of a match, I think. Although, in one degree of separation, I think that Tim Burton's physical appearance is closest to how I imagine Andrew Jackson. Heh. Maybe Tim Burton should make a film starring Johnny Depp as a psychotic pyromaniac.

I thought Johny Depp's presence in the RPG would just create a huge turn for the weird. Weird is exactly the thing we need from whoever plays Pyro so his performance would be perfect. He's certainly good at being a crazy person with no sense of personal space.

Although Evil Ogel is not my own (being an official LEGO character), his original voice actor, Oliver Fredericks, stands out in my mind as the definitive Evil Ogel. Can't seem to find him on IMDB, though. Looking at Terence Stamp (whom I know best as Ramsley in The Haunted Mansion), he's definitely got the right look for the role, and much like Fredericks, he's got a nice deep voice with a light British accent... but I'm having trouble imagining Ramsley the reserved and rather-subtle butler as the deliciously-Large Ham that is Evil Ogel (but as I said, this is the only role of his that I'm really familiar with, so I could be very, very wrong about that).

If you want some Ham from Terence Stamp, I need only refer you to Superman II. He plays general Zod and his character is similar to Ogel in many regards. He also was chancellor Valorum in Star Wars but that did little to influence my choice. Mostly it's just how scary he is. Kneel before Zod!

Malcolm McDowell as Walter Breen... I suppose that could work. McDowell might be a little too hammy for Breen, but I easily could see it working. Shame that Wallace Breen's original voice actor passed away, though.

I really did not consider how Hammy McDowell was. Atton wanted him in so I just tried to find him a part. Their have been several people who I would love to see in the RPG cast, particularly Stellan Skarsgård, John C. McGinley, and now Sean Bean. If anyone has any ideas for them I'm open to recommendations. I could imagine them being Montgonal or the Bartender. I believe that a lot of the 2nd Headquarters squad still need to be cast too. Back to my point, I still think McDowell would make a fine Breen.

I hope this isn't the last we see of you, and if you write a book, we'll be sure to buy it (... right, guys?)! Also, I can't wait to see the finished 13th floor of Dino Attack Headquarters, and if you have time, I know you mentioned that you wanted to do some analyses of Dino Attack RPG, and I'd be eager to read those.

That reminds me I sould start working on that again. Recently I've been kicking myself for building it in LDD standard instead of the expanded version. I don't know how to send it so I've been stuck with just a few colors and mini figure parts. Personally, I want to see your new headquarters build. I saw an image a few days ago and have been dieing to see the interior.

I was planing to write an analysis, back when I remembered what I was going to say. It's time like this where I wished I wrote down my ideas. I do remember there where a lot of things I wanted to say and I'll try and remember them for your sake.

I do have one more think I want to post. If I don't do it here it will be on DiviantART. Ether way, this won't be the last you here from me and my characters. I've been working on the Dino 2012 miniseries that will star Hertz and Dr. Cyborg and several art pieces in class.

EDIT: It seems Brikman has returned .

The same for Kevin Durand and Blaire. Basing of the character tropes they give Martin Keamy on TV Tropes, Durand should be a good fit for Blaire, provided he grows out his hair a bit more.

Ahh, you read about LOST, I'm touched. Martin Keamy an influence for Blair, manly his badmaness that his size. I think he could be pretty darn intimidating with bleached white hair.

I can't really say anything about Willa Holland, not having found suitable enough works to say she could be Zelda, but you seem to know what your doing.

Admittedly I based the pick mostly around her preference in the CW series Arrow. I was a rather contrived decision based mostly around her brooding attitude and sense she's hiding something. If you have another idea I'm all ears.

As for Oswald, I'm mostly leaning toward Jake Abel from your two choices.

Jake Abel it is. I figured Oswald would need to be some sort of bad boy.

After some brief thinking, I came up with Patricia Clarkson for Athena Fabello and Marion Cotillard for Carolyne Provencal. What do you think of that?

Patricia Clarkson would be a good choice. I saw her in shutter island and it was a good preference. Marion Cotillard would be a spectacular Provencal, she did awesome in the Dark Knight Rises and can be very sadistic. I think they are both good picks

Great! I think that only leaves Andrewnuva's characters, Viper, and a handful of minor and NPCs. I threw out a few names for Mort earlier, if Jackson wants to review those that would be cool.

That is all