Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: Might be a little late to respond, but...

OoC: Now, where am I needed?

You probably know that we're now at final battle point for Adventurers' Island. It would definately be great to see your characters again from an IC perpective, I must admit. Just imagine, since your cast ran off for their storyline, Sauro-Hunter alone has lost a love interest and other friends, two or more of his limbs, got physically bonded with a dragon (that's still canon, right?) and has a new codename. I must say, if our characters meet up, I'm going to have fun writing my side of things.Though I am a bit confused about some of your posts. I'm guessing that you're trying to get your characters to our current play arena, but from the looks of things, the progress of your cast has been to wake Fullmetal from his unconciousness, go to a base to get new cast memebers, and are now traveling in a jungle. If that jungle is supposed to be a part of Adventurers' Island, then I feel rather confused, because it sort of reads like they just drove there like it was a trip to the national park. Could I get some clarification?

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: Alright, so my knowledge of dinosaurs is rather thin. I thought XERRD was basing their choice of dinosaurs off of well-known predators. However, the "mutation" part does allow dinos to be a bit more deadly.And I facepalmed when I forgot that a stampede of triceratops managed to kill/scary away an army of Mutant Dinos a while back.Oh, and I just noticed you pointing out the changing of leadership. Zach wouldn't have really known it was official. He came to the island with Hotwire and Reptile in charge and assumed they still were in charge until he heard Semick giving the speech.Toa Antrakha: The Dino Attack Team is currently departing an outpost for the Maelstrom Temple. They've been attacked by a stray pack of Mutant Lizards and Raptors. It should be easy for your characters to jump right in and help out. Note that these Mutant Dinos are under the Maelstrom's control (at least I'm making them under their control) and are generally more rowdier and deadlier then your run-of-the-mill XERRD-controlled Mutant Dinos.IC:Mutant Dinos?! Zach yelled angrily at the scout. He could feel the Stromling wince.Yes! Mutant Dinos. Ambushed the convoy after barely a minute of driving!Zach growled. Who sent them? I made sure every Mutant Dino was to stay within the temple region!Perhaps they strayed away? Perhaps they are detecting the Maelstrom Crystal.Possibly. However, Ghost and Zelda never recorded Greybeard and Frozeen reuniting with the team. They might have taken the crystal and kept going toward the temple while the battle in the camp progressed.What should I do?Nothing. I will deal with them. Zach closed the connection and turned to Colonel, who was looking at him anxiously."What has occurred, General?" Colonel asked."Mutant Dinos have attacked their convoy," Zach scowled. "This wasn't how it was supposed to go!""Can you recall the dinos?""I think so," Zach said, scratching his chin. "However, I think the pack that is attacking is small enough that the Dino Attack can keep going. If it truly becomes a problem, I will deal with it.************************************"Really?" Minerva said exasperated as she turned the turret and started firing at the Mutant Dinos attacking another Fire Hammer. She picked off several Mutant Lizards, but the Mutant Raptors continued to harass the Fire Hammer until it crashed. More Fire Hammers drove in to help out the crew of the wrecked jeep."Should we head over to help?" Andrew yelled from the driver seat."I don't know," Minerva shouted back as she continued to fire. "Maybe.-""Ground squad!" Commander Vinyaya's voice crackled to life over the radio. "What is going on down there!?""Mutant Dino ambush," Minerva could hear Laxus say. "We are trying to deal with it.""We need to get a move on!" Vinyaya yelled angrily. "Who is dealing with it and how many mutants are there?""Fifty or so Mutant Lizards, maybe a hundred" another voice said. "About twenty raptors by my count. We got two Fire Hammer's aiding a wrecked Fire Hammer and a couple more Fire Hammers being attacked as I speak."Vinyaya was silent, then: "Have a few Urban Avengers help out. Those Cosmotronic Rays should deal with the Raptors quickly. The rest need to keep going, now!" Minerva continued to fire. When she paused, she yelled up to Andrew."Are we staying? You do have more authority then her."Andrew was silent, thinking. Minerva blasted more Mutant Lizards away from the convoy. "No, Vinyaya's right. Time is running out and we need to take out the temple." Without another word, the Fire Hammer continued into the jungle behind an Iron Predator.*********************************Ahua jumped in surprise as a ship landed in the small field before the Maelstrom Temple. Those Mutant Pterosaurs must being doing their job right. It didn't resemble the flying metal beasts the Dino Attack used. It was quite alien to him. Despite this, about thirty minifigs piled out of the ship. The ship suddenly lifted off the ground and flew out of site.Early. Zach, Colonel, and Cranky haven't even returned. Ahua strode toward the agents and raised his hand to welcome them. Their response was to point all their weapons at them. Ahua smirked."Rather early, aren't we?" Ahua scoffed. The agents said nothing. "Where is the rest of the team?""On their way," one agent replied. "Surrender now, you mutants!""Temper, temper," Ahua said testily. "We are afraid we cannot surrender at this moment. You arrived at a very bad time. My top generals had left to welcome your team into our hollowed halls." Ahua mock-bowed. "We're afraid we must seal up the temple until they return." With a snap of his fingers two stone doors slammed shut on the temple."Let us in, Stromling," a woman demanded. "We don't have any problem killing you.""We imagine you don't," Ahua said, rolling his eyes. He snapped his fingers again. Without warning, the massive Stromling Army marched out from the trees and stood behind Ahua, weapons pointed at the Dino Attack Team. Several Mutant Dinos, some with Hybrid riders, also appeared. "However, you may a problem with these guys."We have zillions of troops, all ready to send you to the grave," Ahua snarled. "Every one you kill, five will replace it. You have no chance." Ahua chuckled, then pointed his spear-arm at the Dino Attack Team. "We suggest you retreat and wait for your team. Or..." He grinned wide. "You can feel the full wrath of the Maelstrom."OOC: That's your group, avmatoran, that I was referring to at the temple.

OOC: My guess would be that XERRD probably experimented on a variety of different breeds, and ultimately found the main four to be the most effective, hence why they usually use them. I wouldn't be surprised if they at least experimented on other species of dinosaurs.IC: Dr. Saran was holding a clipboard and taking notes as Fuchs finally took his hands out of Zelda."I think that's about as much as I can do," he said. "Still, we have a rough idea of how Stromlings work..'"What do we do with her?" Garry asked."Just leave her there," replied Fuchs. "The Maelstrom heals their wounds eventually, though the greater the damage the longer it takes. Just keep an eye on her and keep her sedated. We can test our expermintal cure on her. How's that coming Crusher?""Better," replied Crusher. "We actually have something this time to go on.""Good," replied Fuchs. "You know, I wonder..."He walked over toward the table and picked up one of Crusher's test tubes containing Tracer's creative spark, and poured some of it into a syringe. He then walked over towards the semi-conscious Zelda, whose wounds were already starting to close. He then placed the needle into her, and injected the fluid."What are you doing?" Garry asked."I'd like to see how she is affected when exposed to a fresh creative spark," replied Fuchs.

OOC:Here's another example of compromise - I planned for other agents to be at the temple, and for Kara to land farther from the temple, but oh, well.IC:Kara was surprised. She had finished the journey by gliding, and also found the disadvantage of extremely fast ships - no reinforcements when you need em. "Well, agents? Retreat or disassembly?" the Islander Stromling said.Kara opened her mouth to reply, but she never got the chance for at that moment, a Fire Hammer followed by some Urban Avengers and other Fire Hammers burst through the jungle. The driver of the lead Hammer chittered at them. It was the Infiltrators. X1, who was manning the Xenon launcher, swiveled at the Maelstrom Army and fired. And fired. And fired. And fired some more. The battle to get inside to start the real battle had begun.OOC:What can I say? I like the phrase "the battle had begun". It's dramatic.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: I don't think we could to the Maelstrom Temple that quickly....Meh. So we'll say your Infiltrators and these other agents were at the head of the convoy and quickly got to temple. I think that works. Maybe. I don't know how far away the temple is from Outpost 4. A quick glance at that guy's map implies that Outpost 4 is about two miles to a mile and a half from Hotep's temple.So I'll just press forward with the traveling. I did want to explain my interpretation of what the Maelstrom Temple holds before everyone started running in. I think it matches up with what PeabodySam implies the temple is going to be like.IC:They are already starting to come in! screamed Ahua to both Colonel and Zach. They both grimaced.Seriously? Zach said, clearly annoyed.Yes! We had thirty agents here and now more are arriving in their metal beasts. What are you doing? Why aren't you giving me a warning?They must have slipped past me.Ahua growled. Finish whatever you are doing and return to the Maelstrom Temple immediately!'kay, Zach said, shutting out Ahua. He turned to Colonel. "Any idea where they are?" Colonel shrugged. They both were silent. Then they could hear it: the sound of gas engines running. Zach smiled."Follow the sound," he hissed to Colonel and the Stromlings. They carefully moved through the trees until they were right under a convoy of Dino Attack vehicles moving rather slowly."Alright," Zach said, smirking. "Let's welcome our guests."****************************Minerva shuddered. It had become very dark as the convoy ventured deeper into jungle. Eerie cold snapped at her skin. She felt like something was snapping at her mind irritably. She had little doubt that they had entered the Maelstrom's infected region of the jungle.Thunder rumbled above. "I think it is going to rain soon," she called up to Andrew. "Fitting, isn't it?" Andrew said in agreement. Most of the convoy had caught up after the sudden Mutant Dino. They moved at a relatively slow pace, primarily due to caution. This area was mostly unknown by Dino Attack Agents and many feared of the Stromling beings that could be lurking in the shadows."It shouldn't be much longer," Laxus said. Minerva's response was quickly shot down as she heard a loud voice clear his throat."Ladies and Gentlemen!" Zachary Virchaus boomed loudly. "Be heartlessly welcome, to the Maelstrom Temple! And what a show we have for you tonight!" Zach cackled loudly. The Dino Attack Team ignored him continued into the jungle. Minerva felt her stomach drop."I am your magnificent ringmaster, Zachary Virchaus!" Zach said. "And I will be leading this show tonight!" Minerva heard Andrew scoff."Yes, he still hasn't lost his dramatic touch," Andrew said to Laxus. "I think he's finally crossed over the edge of narm. It's kind of ridiculous.""In tonight's show, our audience will be taking part. Let's hear for the Dino Attack Team!" There was a small smattering of applause. Minerva raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Confused?" Zach said, chuckling. "Look up. But don't shoot." Minerva looked up and held back a scream. Dozens of bright red eyes stared down at her. She could hear gasps of surprise from agents all around her."Worry not. They will not attack you. They are merely...observing you. Anyway, the temple will be nothing like you expect. Not even Gahiji Thutmose knows exactly what will occur, despite his so-called knowledge of Hotep's temple. Wouldn't you think the Maelstrom would add its own tricks to the temple?"The temple...it will be an interesting show to behold indeed. By the time you all die, you will be at each others' necks, trying to kill each other, think the others have betrayed you...oh wait, that already happened with the realists vs. idealist debate, didn't it? I think it would interesting to hear that the Maelstrom fueled that civil war the entire time. Well, XERRD implanted the Maelstrom in your ranks, and we did the rest. Rather interesting tidbit I learned working here. Make with it what you wish."So take what happened during that civil war and multiply it by ten, and that is what will happen in temple. Only those with strong mental capacity would have even the slightest chance of surviving. In fact, the temple will be a living nightmare to you. The weak-minded and the fearful stand little chance of survival. This is where heroes and cowards part ways.Minerva finally mustered up the courage to ask "Why are you telling us this?" There was silence except for the hum of the vehicle engines."I'd like to think that you had a fair chance. You know what's coming. In a sense," Zach said finally."You have a very distorted view of fairplay," Andrew noted. Zach laughed loudly."Remembering the fight, I see? Yes, Andrew, you could say that. Some days I'm nicer and other days I'm not. They day we fought was not a nice day. Today is a nice day. Not that knowing what inside is going to change anything. Sure, you may think knowing will allow you to fight off the Maelstrom's temptation. Let me tell you something. It won't. Some may withstand the Maelstrom's pull longer than others, but you all will be tempted in one way or another. Let me assure of that."Silence followed. Then, "Well, Dino Attack, it's been fun. However, you have been a thorn in the Maelstrom's side for long enough-""YEAH?!" Rick "Adventure" Spherus suddenly yelled out. "WELL THIS THORN IS ABOUT TO TAKE. YOU. DOWN!" The entire convoy was struck with silence. Minerva could hear Adventure say out-loud "Well that sounded a lot better in my head.""Uh, huh," Zach said, clearly amused. "You keep thinking that, Adventure. Anyway, you have been a thorn in the Maelstrom's side for long enough. Not even the great Johnny Thunder or Jake Raines could survive this temple. How can you possible expect to survive?" Zach paused. "I was going to drop a Stromling on top of you and see how you react, but I'd rather watch you try to survive outside and inside the Maelstrom Temple. Perhaps I will see you later. Perhaps I won't. Oh, well. Au revoir Dino Attack Team. Not much farther now." Zach's voice faded away, leaving on the sound of running engines.

OoC:Darn I was hoping that would last longer too. I still have a lot of stuff to do and I really don't have time to do a Dust/Hertz post yet. I wanted Hertz and Dust to be involved in the fight/drive there, and I certainly need to do Dust seeing the temple for the first time. After all it has been the thing in which the last 13 years of his life have revolved. I had made a drawing of the temple in my sketchbook and was hoping to post a scan before we got there. Could we at least not go inside yet. I really need to post first.

That is all

OOC: ... Well, then. We certainly arrived much faster than I had anticipated.Luckily, I just happened to have this post mostly written up yesterday. Just had to make a few last-minute adjustments and finishing touches and throw it in right now.However, seeing as I gave that guy from that show permission to describe the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins in as great detail and however he'd like, I ask you all to be considerate and wait for his next IC post to get an idea of what lies ahead for you.IC: Ten minutes ago...Rex felt a shiver down his spine from inside Rick "Adventure" Spherus's Fire Hammer as they led the Dino Attack Team convoy through the jungle of Adventurers' Island. They had just entered the region of the island infected with Maelstrom.At first, there was no visible difference between the jungle they were just in and the region they had just entered. Then, the forest became filled with purple-hued mist. The trees grew fewer and fewer, growing blackened and dead. At last, they broke out of the jungle and found themselves in a horrible wasteland. The very earth seemed burned and dead; in the distance, a mountain range of volcanoes violently erupted, spewing fire and smoke into the air; and the horizon glowed with a purple tint.The convoy of Dino Attack vehicles continued in their journey, following the trail of Dr. Paulie Gonepus to the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins. Still, Rex could notice an almost tangible uneasiness fall upon the rest of his team. Amanda Claw smiled weakly at him and held his hand to comfort him.Staring out the window of the Fire Hammer, Rex caught a glimpse of something strange. A statue, it appeared. Here, in this barren and fiery wasteland, such a creation seemed out of place."Stop the jeep," commanded Rex. Adventure skidded to a halt, and behind their Fire Hammer, the rest of the Dino Attack Team stopped in their tracks.Amanda Claw pushed Rex's wheelchair towards the statue he had noticed. It was a carving of a Minifig, which appeared to be once painted green and brown but now the colors had faded, holding high over his head a most peculiar shape. It was in the shape of a triangle, but as Rex got closer, he noticed that its structure was an impossible shape, an optical illusion that appeared to be a triangle, but its faces and edges did not match up, almost like an Escher painting. "It's a Penrose triangle," remarked Amanda quietly. In the center of the triangle was a blue orb which glowed faintly with a dying light.Rex looked out beyond the statue. He saw that it was at the edge of a cliff. Below them, he saw what appeared to be a sea of Maelstrom energy, which hardly surprised him, seeing how corrupted and infected this region of Adventurers' Island had become. However, a rickety old bridge spanned the sea and led to a small, isolated island in the middle of the Maelstrom. Looking through his binoculars, Rex saw that there was a lone temple located on the island."I've seen this Penrose triangle before," murmured Adventure, gazing at the statue. "It's the symbol of Assembly, modeled after the Mythran Temple on the legendary Planet Crux. That temple was home to the Imagination Nexus, which was corrupted by the Baron into the Maelstrom. Assembly uses it as their emblem, since they're all about building and the preservation of Imagination."Rex raised an eyebrow, impressed. "I'm surprised, Adventure. How did you know all that?"Adventure grinned. "I fancied joining Venture League, so I did a bit of research on Nexus Force. Ultimately, I decided against it, since I wasn't too thrilled about the prospect going out into space. Nothing interesting in space at all. No fire, no explosions, no excitement."Rex stared out towards the island in the Maelstrom sea. He was surprised that it was still intact despite the heavy concentration of Maelstrom energies that surrounded it. "If that's the shape of the Mythran Temple," guessed Rex, "then that must be the Temple of Creation that Achu told me about."Dust approached them. "What's this all about?" he frowned. "We're wasting time! We need to get to the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins, the Maelstrom Temple, as quickly as possible!""I agree," nodded Rex, although he did not look away from the Temple of Creation. "But still, this is the Temple of Creation, and...""Rex, you remain idealistic as ever," Dust groaned, rolling his eyes, "but the fact of the matter is this: you're wrong. The Temple of Creation is not the Maelstrom Temple. The documents I've found in the XERRD Fortress and the path of Paulie Gonepus clearly shows-""I know!" interrupted Rex. "But let me ask you something, Dust. You know your ancestor's temple like the back of your hand, or so you claim. Surely, this information will help guide us through the temple, avoiding any traps. But when you are inside the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins and confronted by the Maelstrom itself... what then? How do you intend to contain the Maelstrom?"Dust did not reply quickly enough, so Rex continued."We're not going to rely on any deus ex machina to save the day," declared Rex. "We've done that too often, and it's a very poor strategy. This time, it will be different. We need a plan so that we can contain the Maelstrom without having to rely on a random triceratops stampede or a helicopter just happening to crash-land above our position and drop off a crate of supplies. Now, think, Dust. What is the only known element in the universe that counters Maelstrom?""Imagination," murmured Dust, glancing out towards the Temple of Creation."Exactly," nodded Rex. "If we take measures ahead of time... we can be prepared for the Maelstrom. You carry on to the Maelstrom Temple. I'll go to the Temple of Creation and attempt to gather some Imagination. Hopefully, I can catch up to you guys quickly enough for a Big Darn Heroes moment.""Honcho has a point," agreed Adventure.Dust frowned, appearing unconvinced and barely trying to hide it. "Very well, but don't take the entire Dino Attack Team with you.""Of course not," Rex shook his head. "I understand, since the Maelstrom Temple is infinitely more dangerous than the Temple of Creation, that we need to concentrate our forces there, not here. Still, I will only bring a few with me."Amanda smiled gently. "I'm in by obligation."Rotor shrugged. "Well, I wish the two of you the best of luck, and-"Rex glared at Rotor. "You're coming too."Rotor grimaced. "You can't be serious, Rex. I'll be far more useful to the team if I go to the Maelstrom Temple. I'm willing to do what no one else will, and even if that means using Bishop as-""Kate," added Amanda, "you're coming with us too."Kate Bishop appeared just as surprised as Rotor, but she complied without a word of argument, moving to stand next to Rex and Amanda. Rotor was exasperated. "We need the girl at the Maelstrom Temple to use as leverage against-""It's too dangerous for her," declared Rex. "And that's my final word on it."Grumbling to himself, Rotor trudged over towards Rex, Amanda, and Kate. As Adventure climbed back into his Fire Hammer, Rex nodded to Dust. "Good luck out there.""From my experience," muttered Dust, "there's no such thing as good luck." With that, he turned away and strode back to the main group. Engines roared to life, and the convoy of Dino Attack agents continued their journey to the Maelstrom Temple. Rex, Amanda, Rotor, and Kate watched them go, unsure if they would ever meet again.OOC: To clarify, as a response to all the deus ex machina of the past, it seems that Rex has finally decided to take measures ahead of time and make preparations. He's going with a small group to the Temple of Creation to gather Imagination and plans to arrive at the final battle in a (well justified and set up) Big Darn Heroes moment. The rest of you should follow that guy from that show. He knows what he's doing.Coincidentally, my avatar last week is a rather accurate depiction of how I personally pictured the Maelstrom-infected region of Adventurers' Island.

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: I thought Rotor had gotten back in the T-1's after his last conversation with Rex. My mistake.IC: "We're coming up close to the temple," Cabin said over the radio. "If that river's anything to go by we're definitely close to the Maelstrom."For the T-1 Typhoon crew it was a simple task getting across. Unlike the ground troops who had to get out and walk across the bridge, Cabin, Mac, and George would be able to fly across.

"You're not going to believe this," Hertz' voice said over the radio. "We're right above a large river of a strange purplish liquid. Over.""Is that the Maelstrom? Over" Windows asked."Probably," replied Hertz. "We must be getting close. Over."

Dactyl got out of the fire hammer and stared at the Maelstrom river below them. Jackson was quick to approach."This must be it," Jackson said nervously. He got down on the ground and started to assemble his rifle. "Teri, you got the binoculars?""You bet," replied Teri."Good," replied Jackson. "You want to go first as spotter or should I?"

OOC: Okay, I'll just go back to the autopsy. I'll try to take a guess at what happened.IC: Fuchs watched in awe as Zelda began to twitch back and forth increasingly. Clearly something was happening."What is it?" Saran asked."I'm not sure," replied Fuchs. "It looks like- no, it can't be that simple."Indeed, the dose of a creative spark was apparently taking over. Slowly Zelda's purplish colour began to dissapear, and within a few minutes she sported the standard yellow skin of an ordinary minifig as she lay unconscious on the table."Did you just cure her?" Crusher asked, suddenly looking up from her work."It looks like it,, but it could just be an act," replied Fuchs. "However, if I did cure her, did this actually drive the Maelstrom out of her, or only suppress it's effects temporarily. That's what I would like to know."

OOC: Once again the actions of one gets us really moving forward.IC: Semick reflected upon Zach's still-ear-ringing words in the cockpit of his T-1 Typhoon. His part of the T-1 fleet was a little in front of the ground teams below him, and he was getting a good view of some of the more extreme Malestrom-infested areas of the island. It was hard to describe, but he had to admit it would've looked really pretty had it just been part of a movie.He knew that some of the agents would feel haunted by Zach's comments regarding Malestrom temptation and their inner stability. He himself had felt disgrunted by the comments. Disgruntled and angered. Angered and defiant. Defiant and a little pretenious.He glanced at his crew. Even if he only really knew Bluetooth, he could tell they were a little shaken themselves. And with good reason. From the first few scuffles caused by the now infamous Kohuta, to the incident caused by Digger getting furious about the Antarctica fiasco, they had dealt with inner schisms. He, like everyone else, wanted to be rid of them, espically in such crucial times as these. And he didn't like being told by some crazy purple monster that had taken over a good man's body that defiance was fuitle.Without real consideration, he turned on his radio mic and began to give another speech."Attention all agents. This is Semick..."---------------"I just want to give a little comment to Zach's little speech there. I, for one, will admit that I doubt we can blame the Malestrom for all our problems. We have, as a species, always had controversial issues and circumstances that get us riled up with each other, and when guns are involved, things can get dangerous.""I figured he might do something like this," said Mur, continuing to steer his Iron Predator with one arm. Rockford had observed that Mur hadn't gotten any sort of prostetic for it since he lost it to the mummies at the XERRD Fortress assult. It wasn't his place to wonder why though. "That man's not one to take well to such fundemental threats to our team as a whole.""Semick seems to always look out for his men," said Rockford, "and prefers to treat them as equals. I guess working with miners both in civilian work and saving the planet from rock monsters does that to a Minifig.""I hope that faith doesn't do him in, Rockford. There's such a thing as 'blind optmism', you know.""True." Rockford said as he continued listening. "But even so, he's always putting the team and their goal up to the forefront. Sometimes I think he doesn't even really care if he makes it unless his survival itself is necessary.""The point is, we've always been capable of making our own mistakes. Violent mistakes. But that doesn't mean it always has to happen like that. And that's why I say..."---------------"...that it's the Malestrom that underestimates us. Forget what Zach said, and continue to focus on our objective. We are all here to stop the Malestrom as a team, and if they think they can simply influence us into fighting with each other into oblivion, they are gravely mistaken. Have no doubts, we are doing the right thing for us, our family and friends, and this planet.""Wow," remarked Laxus. "Zach touched a nerve there.""Yeah," said Andrew. "Sounds like Semick is determined to have the last word here. If Zach intends to talk us down again, he's going to have to prepare for something aiken to a political debate. Assuimg Semick even gives him the opprotunity of the doubt.""You don't think he's just talking himself into a hole, do you?" said Minerva from the Xenon Launcher canon. "There's probably a few ways they could twist his words or something.""Looks like he's choosing his words carefully, though," said Andrew as they kept moving closer and closer to their objective. "And if he does fall, I'm guess Semick's trying to ensure we go down with dignity.""Keep this in mind for the remainder of this battle: Idealist or realist, historically minded or in the present, liking people or not, we all want to beat the Malestrom and save our planet. None of us want to betray each other, except maybe Dust, and I think even he's caught the gravity of the situation that means going aginast us now would likely mean there would be no more planet for 'his' temple to stay intact on. We need to trust each other, and even if there are more emenies within our ranks, I think we can survive whatever's thrown at us long enough to be able to tell when we're being mislead."----------------"Trust me when I say this: We are not going to let ourselves fall apart. If we have to die with only our unity and faith in having the higher moral values remain, so be it. If any of us die, we will not die in vain. We will be remember as those who stood up for our values, our planet, and those who think of us as fools are merely too ignorant or invested in unpleasent forces to realize their misguidance.""And we won't fail. No matter how hard it gets, I know, on some deeper level of feeling, that no matter what happens, we won't fail. One way or the other, today WILL be a victory for Dino Attack and the world. And don't let anybody, anything, or any gut feeling or odd worry tell you otherwise. That is all."Semick turned off his microphone and turned to Bluetooth. "How far out are we now?""...Not much farther," said Bluetooth, who was still taking in what Semick had said to the team as a whole. "TALON-9's picking up some activity near the site of the temple, so I'm guessing we already have forces reaching the battlefield. Give us another few mintues or so, and we'll be there.""Good," Semick said as he turned back towards his cockpit windshield. "I've been bottling up my frustration at these guys, and I'm getting anxious to release it."OOC: Okay, okay, oka, no more pretenous cliche optmistic speeches. Unless I feel provoked again, which I hope doesn't happen.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC:The gunners were managing to hold off the mutant lizards surprisingly well. Now,thought David, is the chance."Quick!" shouted David to B's group. "Climb aboard my Fire Hammer and we can be away from here!"

And kudos IO. You're a pretty sharp kid to understand all that at 9.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

-Signature Under Construction-

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

LEGO Universe; October 8th 2010, to January 31st 2012

OOC:Peabody Sam, I am trying to put my three main characters all in different situations, so I request that Catless is also coming to the Imagination Temple.IC:Catless was riding her Steel Sprinter as a guard at the edge of the convoy when it stopped. Agent Rex and some others got out. They discussed something about exploring the Imagination Temple, and she wanted in. So, when the convoy continued, she stayed behind."Sirs, I request permission to accompany your group into the Imagination Temple. OOC:And that is all I can do until that guy continues the battle, or Peabody Sam tells me yea or nay.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:Zach smirked as he listened to Semick's retaliation-speech. It made him extremely happy that his words had affected the team in some way, particularly Semick. He thought about replying, but decided to let Semick off. Best not kill off their morale. Though it seems I've already done a number on it. He turned to Colonel, Cranky, and Gypsy."Why did we not drop the Hybrid on them?" Colonel demanded.Zach shrugged. "Why damage them here? They will be taken down when the reach the temple anyway?""Sir, I must say you are being too nice to the enemy."Zach smiled at this response. "Oh well, Colonel.""What if they do get into the temple?" Colonel questioned."I have been assigned to deal with them. The Dino Attack are in for a surprise if they manage to get into the temple." Zach smiled knowingly at Colonel. Colonel shrugged."So we are to return to the temple?" he asked."Yes. It sounds like things are already starting to heat up over there. Once the bulk of this mighty convoy reaches the temple, the real fun begins. You won't want to miss it." Zach climbed on to Cranky. "Let's ride!"Colonel nodded and turned to his troops, all scattered throughout the trees glaring down at the convoy. "Alright, troops! You heard General Virchaus! Let's move!" As they started to move, they heard one last blast of thunder before it began to rain on to the trees and convoy.**************************Nazareno's eyes widened in surprise as he stared at Zelda. She looked like any other minifig. "Fascinating," Nazareno remarked. She begun to stir. Despite her minifig appearance, Nazareno instinctively reached for his katanas. He stepped forward. He turned to Dr. Saran."Stay behind me," he said. Saran nodded and moved forward with Nazareno until the latter was right in front of table that Zelda laid on. Her eyelids fluttered weakly before they suddenly shut open."What's going on?!" she exclaimed, glancing around. "Where am I?!""Calm down, girl," Nazarerno said soothingly. She did, but she was still breathing heavy. Saran stepped out from behind Nazareno to his side."Do you know who you are?" Saran asked.She gave him a look of confusion. "My name is Zelda Frodongan," she said weakly. "What's going on? Last I remember, I was in the XERRD fortress..." she paused and stared straight ahead for a moment."What's wrong?" Saran asked."I keep seeing this image of a Stromling shooting me," she mumbled. "The Stromling looks like me...""You are probably seeing this scene as Tracer," Nazareno said. "You, as a Stromling, shot him. He donated his Creative Spirit because he was dying anyway. Fuchs used injected some of it into your bloodstream. You seeing his memories might be a side-effect of using his spirit."Zelda was silent, then a look of pure horror appeared on her face. "I was a Stromling!" she sputtered. It was not a question. Nazareno nodded. Tears streamed down her face."I don't know what happened!" she blubbered. "I was in the fortress, fighting. A...guard, I think...attacked me and beat me and brought me to this room. Then this scientist with long red hair came in and stabbed me with a needle and I blacked out." Nazareno scowled underneath his mask. He knew this scientist was a certain Dr. Carolyne Provencal. Minerva had mentioned that she was the one who had injected Zach with the Maelstrom. Apparently she hadn't limited her Maelstrom injections to just Zach."It's alright," Nazareno said, patting Zelda's shoulder in sympathy. "You are not the first one to have been injected with the Maelstrom by this scientist. The man you used to serve, Zachary Virchaus, also fell victim to her needle." She looked at Nazareno in horror."Zach!" she screamed, causing the surrounding minifigs to jump. "He'll kill me! He'll-""Shhh," Saran said. "Just calm down. I don't know if he really cares about you. I'd think he is busy at the temple at this point." Zelda nodded, still breathing heavy. "I think we are going to run a few tests, so just stay calm." Nazareno and Saran backed off as Crusher and Fuchs began poking and prodding around Zelda's body."We are going to check your body for signs of the Maelstrom," Fuchs said. Zelda nodded, still looking very worried. Nazareno couldn't help but be filled with doubt.No way it could be that easy. Nazareno said. Something must be up.*********************It did not take the T-1 Typhoon fleet long to arrive at a temple. Several helicopters hovered over the temple, which sat on a small island in the Maelstrom Sea. It was fascinating and disturbing sight. Vinyaya bit her lip as she her radar. She frowned."What are we doing here?" she asked Hertz. "According to this, this is the Temple of Creation. We are supposed to be heading to Hotep III's temple. We need-" An explosion suddenly rang out. Vinyaya turned to her window. Mutant Pterosaurs. Hundreds of Mutant Pterosaurs. One T-1 Typhoon had been struck by lightening from the Mutant Pterosaurs, effectively destroying it and sending it falling to the Maelstrom Sea below."Take out those Pterosaurs!" Vinyaya commanded. Hertz passed on the message and the T-1 Typhoons and the helicopters turned their focus on to the Pterosaurs.OOC: I'd prefer if you don't reveal the results of the "tests" on Zelda, Atton. I have an idea in mind...

IC:The place smelt like death. Rotten leaves crunched under the Egyptian’s feet as he walked back to the iron Predator and climbed the ladder into the powerful craft. He exhaled slowly and glanced threw his binoculars.The great monolith was but a shadow threw the dense mist and shadows of the Measltrom. The details of the temple where clouded and all that could of yet be seen with the naked eye was a towering obelisk to the left of the dour.The red Stromling eyes had vanished from the underbrush. Zachary had likely called back his forces to create unease in the forces and Dust could tell it was working. The young driver of the Predator was literally shivering. With every snap of a twig agents jumped. In the rear of the convoy he could here the sounds of agents firing at shadows.The Egyption never really had time for empathy but in the past few weeks he had started to grow uncomfortably close to some of the people he had set out to manipulate. Zachary was the first person he had truly come to know. But the young man was dead, replaced by a monster wearing his once joyful face.Rockford was the other. It took a lot to earn his respect, but the commander had done it. With all the tricks Dust pulled Rockford was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.Dust had kept his distance from everyone else. He had always planed to toss the D.A. away like broken toys but to spit his best efforts he had bonded. He still tried to keep the illusion of Apathy but at this stage he was lying just as much to himself as to other.Ignoring the fearful faces around him, Dust climbed atop the hood as Semick had done before him and broke the eerie silence.“Many of you are afraid. Most of you are naïve to what the place holds and as Zachary so bluntly put, By the time you all die, you will be at each others' necks, trying to kill each other.”Dust looked down at the bleak faces around him. Rockford, Mur, Laxus, Minerva, Andrew, Dactyl, Jackson, Teri, Hotwire, B, David, Septimus, and Kevin. Many he had never talked with personally and quite frankly he had no intention to make friends at the last moment.“I know this does not sound very uplifting to all of you, there is really nothing I can say that can make it. All I can tell you now is the truth, if we do not win today, we will loss forever.”Dust smiled. “I myself have no intention to die this day; If only to rob Zach of that satisfaction. If for no other reason I want to look evil in the face and laugh. This is personal battle for all of us today. We must all confront our inner demons or Zach and his army will be right about us. We will prove him wrong.”Steeping down from the hood he stood beside the young driver and pointed forward with his gloved hand. “Forward.”The going was quite. The entire convoyed moved at walking speeded and they often passed the carcasses of Mutant Lizards and Raptors along the way. Grass gave way to black dirt and the tree became burnt husks.The path teetered on the edge of a great cliff. The only evidence of an ocean was the steady sound of the waves below and all view of water was shrouded with a purple mist.Dust himself moved in a dreamlike state. The entire persuasion moved in slow motion and the world around him was serial.But what dominated the minds of all present was the temple. It soon rose above them like the head of an ancient monster. It towered over six stories tall and it’s dour lead into the deep black maw of the complex.Flanking the dour were two massive statures of buzzards. They looked down at the steps leading unto the entrance hall in judgment.To spite all of Hotep’s brilliance, the pharaoh could have benefited from a better contractor. Over the last hundred years the sea had eroded the cliffs below the east side of the temple. The entire structure leaned 10 degrees over the cold waters of the ocean.When he first saw it, the forbidding structure felt wrong to Dust, he had devoted his life to it and he expected to be exuberated with its discovery. But the great sandstone building held no life. I felt soulless and cold- the opposite of the Egyptian’s imagination.But to spite the shortfall Dust felt accomplishment. 13 years of his life had all lead to this spot in time. No matter what condition the building was in, for Dust it was not just the place in its physical sense. It was what it represented.This place was the only tangible connection to his past. This was the link to his family’s former greatness and splendor. He had a difficult time seeing how such embarrassments like his parents could be the descendents of Hotep III, but now he could return his line to it’s rightful place.The convoy was flanked by crumbling obelisks; to right was the cliffs, and to the left was the black jungle. Dust knew that in those trees waited an unimaginable number of Stromlings. An army that Dust was positive would decimate the D.A.He had to think back to why he had brought them here. It was because he needed help, he could not enter the temple without the distraction of a battle outside.“I hope you don’t suffer the allusion that you’re in charge now Dust.” Came Semick’s voice over the radio.“Of course not.” Said Dust. “In fact I was thinking that we don’t go inside yet. We need time to get out barring.”Semick seemed surprised by Dust reasonable response.“I recommend we create a parameter around the dour. The last thing we want is to be cut of from escape like what happened at the XERRD fortress.”“I agree.” Said Semick. “I’ll keep the helicopters in the air for the time being. Position the Iron Predators closes the entry and have the Fire Hammers form an Outer Ring.”Hotwire heard the order and began moving the vehicles into poisoning. Dust jumped over the side of his Predator and set foot on the ground.“I want as small a team as possible.” Announced Dust “With a large group people get clumsy and we would be more likely to make mistakes.”Some agents volunteered and joined the Egyption at the foot of the steps.“Zach’s forces will attack soon,” said Andrew. “Everyone else needs to stay out here and keep the entrance clear. Rex will need to move in fast once he gets here.”The Egyption nodded. “We go in fifteen minutes.”OoC:So I got this written out when I should have been doing my advanced political science. I feel so bad not being as present as I should be, but if there is one thing we know, it’s being patient. After tomorrow I will have a four-day weekend to post to my hearts delight!As for you avmatoran, it's probably better if you keep Katness Catless with the large group. Me and Peabody both have plains and I think he wants a very select few to come with him. That is why he singled Rotor and Kate out.What we have in mind these upcoming posts is really good, I might even start writing the climax tomorrow if I have time! In till then, I welcome you all to join Dust in the temple but I think Brikman has quite a bit of action planed for outside two. ;)P.S. You can expect a scan of my drawing of the temple ether today or tomorrow.

That is all

OOC: Um, I think I should point out that Dactyl and Teri are the same person. She just has a last name now.IC: The sun was starting to fall amid all the beautiful scenary. Clint was busy preparing steaks and beans for his new comrades who were all talking about their own things."I LOVE SANVICH!" Heavy shouted as he looked at the steaks. Meanwhile Firecracker was sitting with Demoman, and they were reminiscing."Oh, you remember that time we blew up that skyscraper?" Demoman shouted. "It was just like 'KA-BOOOOOM'""Or how about that time we demolished half of LEGO City using that sixteen tons of TNT I got for Christmas that one time?" Replied Firecracker.Clint's attention was soon drawn to the sound of horse hooves. He turned to see the familiar face of Angel Eyes, along with another man he did not recognize. Another horse trailed up behind them, and it turned out to be ridden by Maria."Who's your friend?" Clint asked."His name's Harmonica," replied Angel Eyes. "How'd the reconnaissane go?""Alright," replied Clint. "You mind if I talk to you two in private?"Angel Eyes smiled. "Always," he replied as he dismounted. "Harmonica, you can get yourself aquainted with your new squadmates."Maria was quick to get off her horse and follow as Clint led them into the ruins of an old general store. He sat down on a worn-out chair and lit a cigar. Angel Eyes was content to stand as he lit his pipe."What'd you find?" Maria asked."Exactly what they said," replied Clint. "The hybrids are holed up at Fort Legorado.""Any idea how we're goin' to take 'em out?" Asked Maria."I don't know," replied Clint. "These amateurs seem to think the best approach is to push a cart or something. I think we can do better.""What's the plan then?" Angel Eyes asked."We wait until nightfall," replied Clint. "Demoman should fall asleep quickly, he's always drunk, and the others will likely follow as they won't suspect anything. The only one I'm concerned about is Spy.""What's wrong with him?" Asked Maria."He's skilled in sneaking around," replied Clint. "He also tends to spend time away from the squad and you never really know where he is. He could even be here listening in on our conversation right now."Angel Eyes started to reach for his gun, looking around in concern."Now, here's the plan," Clint continued. "We wait until nightfall and for the Second Headquarters Squad to turn in. Now I don't know about you, but I'd like to get a closer look at that fortress. Maria, if you'd be willing to slip into somethiing a bit more fitting, that dress really won't do for what we have planned. Van Cleef, I think you can spare some clothing."Maria smiled. "I guess joinin' the team ain't so bad after all," she said. "If only them folks back in El Paso saw me, riding out into battle, wearing men's clothing.""Indeed," replied Angel Eyes. "So we're sneaking out to the Fortress tonight.""Exactly," replied Clint. "I'd like to find out what's going on in there before these fools try to blow it up."At that moment the otherwise quiet environment was brought to life by the sound of music playing from a harmonica.

Zelda slowly opened her eyes and looked at Fuchs. There were a few tears visible in her eyes."Kill me," she said weakly. "Please, just kill me.""It's okay," replied Fuchs. "We got the Maelstrom out of you.""It's not out," replied Zelda. "I don't know what you've done, but you haven't removed the Maelstrom. I can still feel it inside me. Please kill me before it takes my body.""It all makes sense now," Fuchs thought to himself. "The creative spark is able to overpower and at least temporarily block the Maelstrom's influence. That's why it was such a vital part of J.D.'s cure. It had to have been a composition of ingrediants that when added would not only prevent the Maelstrom's effects but ultimately drive it from the body. That just leaves us with the question what else is needed."OOC: I'm sorry, I don't have anything to do in the main plot right now.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Wicked long IC right here, but it contains what will probably be the very last of my major plot twists. Plus a pinch of retcon.IC: Hotwire had just finished directing the vehicles into a defensive line around the entrance to the temple grounds when Rockford approached him, PDA in his hand and a suspicious expression on his face. "I've just received word from the Renaissance that the Talon, which has been unaccounted for for the better part of 45 minutes now, has been spotted just above the treeline, and will arrive at our location in just under two minutes. All attempts to establish contact with anyone on board have failed." The commander looked around cautiously and lowered his voice. "This had better be part of some plan you and the other Elites cooked up, because I don't like the the alternatives. You told me that Kat wasn't susceptible to reprogramming, and she claimed to be able to resist Maelstrom influence, but given the circumstances...And Loop is still out there, and none of us are sure what exactly he could be capable of."Hotwire exhaled slowly. "I'll agree it doesn't look good. And I wish to Imagination that I had an explanation for you, but I'm just as clueless as the rest of us."Rockford checked his PDA again. "Well, I think we're about to find out," he said nervously. "They've just granted Talon clearance to land."~Clouds of dust billowed up as the modified T-1 Typhoon set down outside the temple of Hotep III, and a number of the DA agents surrounded it warily in a wide circle, weapons drawn and trained cautiously on the doors. As the rotors spun lazily to a halt, one the side doors slid back just enough for two minifigs to slip out and drop to the ground. They were both dressed in black, and as one turned to help the other up, Hotwire recognized their dark clothing as the uniform of ShadowTech.The minifig who had stumbled raised his head, revealing three glowing red eyes. A ripple of shock ran through the agents, and Rockford drew a breath. The order to fire was halfway out of his mouth, when Hotwire got a closer look at the other minifig and cried out. "Stop! Don't shoot!"The DA elite agent then found himself at a loss for words. At no point during his experiences in the war had he experienced shock and confusion of a magnitude comparable to what he felt at this moment. He tried to speak, but choked on his words before forcing one out."Kat!?"She quickly covered the distance between the Talon and the spot where Hotwire and Rockford were standing. "You address me with a great deal of familiarity, Agent Hotwire," she said. Hotwire froze. Something was different. The minifig standing in front him was physically identical to Kat as he remembered her before her death, but something was different. Her eyes were harder, and her voice held more authority...and the ghost of a German accent.It was then that Rockford found his voice. "What's the meaning of this?" he demanded. "Who the blok are you, and why are you aiding" -- he gestured towards Loop -- "a known and dangerous enemy of the Dino Attack team?"The minifig identical to Kat turned to Rockford. "Do not worry about Lupus," she said reassuringly. "He is conditioned to obey me completely and implicitly. As for my identity...'who the blok I am,' as you so elegantly phrased it...I am Katerina Schattenberg, and you would do well to accept my aid."~"Then...Kat...who was..." Hotwire stammered.Katerina Schattenberg smirked, in precisely the same way Kat had. "The minifig you knew as 'Kat' was me. I had simply locked away my memories and other parts of my mind in order to hide myself more effectively."Hotwire tilted his head, confused. "Hide?" he said. "Why, and from who?""Agent Cane, my own nephew. He was useful to me, but I underestimated his ruthlessness and ambition. He apparently harbored a great deal of resentment towards me, since I refused ever to divulge to him the purpose of our organization. When I realized he intended to do away with me--" She paused. "One of my earliest projects, you see, was to find a way of translating the essence of a Creative Spark to a digital format. So when the assassins Canis had dispatched burst in on me, I was able to download myself into one of the synthetic minifigs we had designed. That's why I had to lock away so much of my mind -- I knew Canis planned to bring that particular synthfig body out of stasis, so I had to regress to the mental state of my twenty-seven-year-old self so as to avoid detection." She smirked again. "There's a reason, incidentally, that all the primary synthfigs were modeled after myself. It's one of the few qualities I share with my biological brother; neither of us care to suffer the ravages of age if we can avoid it."Hotwire stopped her. "Wait, confused again," he said. "There was more than just one synthetic minifig?""Naturally. I'm standing in one right here," Katerina responded. "The plan required it. And you met one other before -- Cane dispatched it under the pseudonym 'Robo-Kat' to assassinate me early in the war, when he feared I would divulge ShadowTech's secrets to DA." She paused again. "Lest you assumed my vanity is boundless, please note that the synthfigs served a second purpose." She gestured for Loop to step forward. "This is the first of our secondary synthfigs, built on Canis's genetic structure just as the primaries were built on mine. As the primaries were to act as vehicles for the consciousnesses of those who would volunteer for the mission, the secondaries were to act as repositories for -- and stable gateways into -- the Maelstrom itself." She looked at Loop disparagingly. "Frankly, as an aside, I haven't the slightest idea why Canis insisted on treating one of the secondaries as his son, nor why he decided that Lupus would best serve us as a spy. He was by far the worst spy I've ever employed.""None of this is making any sense," Hotwire muttered, rubbing his temples in frustration. "Gateways into the Maelstrom? Volunteers? Mission?""I'll admit that I was unable to get the gateway part figured out before Canis's hostile, arrogant takeover of my organization," she said, "but the secondaries remain, as Lupus has admirably proved, quite adequete tools for containing and isolating Maelstrom energies. Which is why I have come here." At that moment, the side door of the Talon slid open entirely and half a dozen more minifigs, identical to Loop, dropped to the ground. "You'll need all the help you can get."Rockford finally spoke up again. "But why?" he said, exasperated. "Why did you do all of this at all? What were you working towards?"Katerina Schattenberg laughed. "Oh, of course. I got so carried away that I neglected to mention the one tidbit of information that you need to properly comprehend my rambling -- my ultimate goal. You see, I founded ShadowTech for one specific purpose. I was looking for a way to destroy the Maelstrom from the inside out."

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:At that moment, Dust saw a spot of orange appear in a nearby Maelstrom river.Dr. Cyborg poked his head out of the Maelstrom river. "Hmm. Father from the temple than I expected, but oh, well." He saw Dust on the lead Iron Predator."Dust, I volunteer for the squad entering the temple." "Oh, and what skill do you bring?" Dust asked. "Maelstrom immunity," Cyborg replied. Dust stared at him, as if he hated his logic.OOC:This still keeps different situations about. Also, please go to here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3967 and comment on my RPG idea. I posted it, and to get it approved or denied, I need feedback.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "We're all agreed then?" Clint asked."Ain't no reason to object," replied Maria."Like I said, Angel Eyes," Clint said. "I'm going to need you to loan Maria here some more practical clothes. That dress just won't cut it.""Right," replied Angel Eyes. He started to take off his jacket. "I can give her this, but what about pants? I don't think them shoes are goin' to be any good.""You kiddin'?" Maria asked. "I can't stand 'em high heels."Maria quickly grabbed the sides of her dress and pulled it upwards, revealing a pair of tough-looking cowboy boots.Angel Eyes smiled. "Now we just need to find you a pair of pants," he said."I got 'em," replied Maria keenly. "For purposes such as this I sometimes steal clothes from boys who get a little too much to drink.""Right then," replied Clint. "We'll meet back here after dinner and sneak out under cover of darkness, and watch out for Spy."OOC: Can someone please give me something to do?

iC:The Renaissance slowly cruised over the dark zone of Adventures Island. The helicopter moved with elegant grace as the swarms of Mutant Pterosaurs swirled around it. Hertz was certainly uneasy. Vinyaya stood framed in the doorway as the craft made set a course away form the temple of Creation and back toward its original target. The load popping noises of sonic screamer filled the sky and were often followed by the screams of Mutants tumbling to the black jungle below. On Hertz’s view screen was the hulking shape of the forbidden ruins. Already the D.A was setting up a position and several Typhoons had already taken up position above the temple. Checking his watch, the techy picked up his headphone and selected the first name on speed dial. “Windows, this is Hertz providing the third of my five minute updates over.” The radio buzzed and Window’s familiar voice came over the speaker. “This is Elite Agent Windows what’s your update over. “You can’t throw a rock without hitting a Pterosaur out here.” said Hertz. “What’s weird is that we’re not being overtaken yet. There our hundreds and we only have one Typhoon down. These monsters don’t seem to have total decimation on there mind yet over.” Windows was silent for a moment. “The Mealstrom is planning something. Be on the lookout the tide up there could change any moment over.” Hertz nodded even though Windows could not see him. “I expect it will. We will be in Hotep III airspace soon. Once these Mutants give it there all it will certainly be a short fight over.” “Do you have an ID on the down typhoon?” asked Windows “Over.” “T-1 2342.” said Hertz. “Casualties unknown, there was no fireball so survivors are a possibility over.” “Good, I’ll hear from you in 5 minutes.” said Windows. “Over and out.” Hertz took of his headphones and let out a long sigh. The dismal day was certainly getting two him and he was positive that it was the Mealstrom that was making him feel miserable and on edge.” “Hertz, you better come see this.” He got up from his chair and joined Vinyaya in the doorway. What he saw below him made him gasp. The ground was covered with the most massive army Hertz had every lied eyes on. The entire north beach of the peninsula was coved with the black and purple glow of stromlings of every variety imaginable. Dozens of Mutant Tyrannosaurs rex’s stalked the black sand and Hertz was sure he saw movement in the water as well. “Why have they not moved yet.” asked Hertz. “Out army is already at the temple.” “There waiting for Zach’s order.” said Vinyaya. “Once they go they will descend upon us like a pestilence we could never imagine.” Hertz shivered. “I’ll go let Hotwire and Semick know.” He turned to head back to his seat but a roar from outside stopped him. Looking over his shoulder he spied the army move like an as one into the jungle toward the temple of creation. “They’re on the move.” whispered Vinyaya.

Saran laid a firm hand on Zelda’s. “You don’t want to die Zelda. That is the Mealstrom talking.” The young women contorted on the bed. “Kill me! I don’t want to go back.” “That’s the monster talking.” Said Saran soothingly. “You’re going threw withdrawal. It made you feel strong and powerful. It made you feel ways you never felt before but that was not you, it was it.” Zelda twisted her head and started to shake. “Yes, what Fuchs said is right.” Said Saran. “The Mealstrom is still it you. But only it you let it! If you return you will not be free, you will not be in control. It may feel real easy to just let go and go back to that place but that is the monster talking, not you! “The Mealstrom wants you as it slave Zelda but you have the power to choose.” “But it is so much stronger then me!” yelled Zelda “Maybe physically, maybe emotionally, but not in your heart! We all have the will to reject It.” said Saran. “You can fight it.”OoC: Hay Atton, I think Shotgun is at the temple so he is open for interaction. You can also bring Lance into the fray and didn’t you still have Commander Johnson? I don’t know weather Zenna is battle ready or not but if all else fails Dr. Saran is a possibility. He’s just not my priority right now so no guaranty I’ll be available for his story in the upcoming posts

That is all

Hay Atton, I think Shotgun is at the temple so he is open for interaction. You can also bring Lance into the fray and didn’t you still have Commander Johnson?I don’t know weather Zenna is battle ready or not but if all else fails Dr. Saran is a possibility. He’s just not my priority right now so no guaranty I’ll be available for his story in the upcoming posts

OOC: Barry Jackson (Shotgun's real name) and Teri Dactyl are both in sniping positions at the temple, so yes, interaction isn't impossible. I actually didn't think of Lance.Commander Johnson left a while back. He actually left on the same helicopter that took Clint. Last I head Zenna was being taken to Antarctica, so she's more or less out of the picture as well.

OOC: It would be rather difficult for Rex to supervise Rotor if Rex is in a wheelchair and Rotor is in a helicopter, right?that guy has a point... considering that Zenna is supposed to be your primary character, you could possibly kill some time discussing what she is up to. I'll also give you a bit of a fight for Rotor and Kate in the Temple of Creation, if you're interested.Also, really neat plot twists about Kat, Loop, and ShadowTech.IC: Rex managed a slight, grim smile. "Thanks, Catless, but I think it's probably best if you follow Dust. Getting the Imagination shouldn't be too hard; your skills would be put to best use at the Maelstrom Temple, where there will be much more to do."With that, Rex, Amanda, Rotor, and Kate crossed the lengthy bridge over the river of Maelstrom energy. The bridge was old and weathered, and a little too rickety for Rex's liking. Nobody stopped to think about what would happen if the rope bridge snapped and collapsed while they were still crossing.Luckily, the bridge held out as they crossed. As they approached the island of the Temple of Creation, the temple seemed to grow larger and larger, and with every step, it seemed to grow darker and more ominous. While the temple's imagination was strong enough to keep it intact despite the heavy concentration of Maelstrom, it was clear that the Maelstrom had taken an adverse effect upon the temple's structure, twisting it and draining it of hue. When they finally reached the temple, it towered above them, and Rex could hardly believe that such a intimidating structure could possibly hold their salvation."What's this?" Rotor raised an eyebrow as they approached the temple's entrance. The entrance was completely covered with spiderwebs, entangled with each other into a thick mass of silk."We'll have to cut our way in," frowned Rex. "Amanda, do you have a knife on you?"Amanda nodded silently as she unsheathed her knife. After surveying the entrance and its spiderwebs, she immediately went to work, cutting her way through the mass entanglement. Kate offered to push Rex's wheelchair as the others followed Amanda.They were almost through when they heard a horrible screech. A hideous creature dropped down from the spider webs. It was the size of a Steel Sprinter and rather arachnid in appearance despite having only four legs. Lasers and spears were attached to its purple abdomen, and it glared at the Dino Attack agents with six yellow eyes. Screeching angrily, it advanced upon the Dino Attack agents.Kate gasped in horror, and Rex's eyes widened in shock. How could a Maelstrom creature have gotten so close to the Imagination Temple? he thought in disbelief. Rotor was quick, however, and fired at the spider with his Cosmotronic Ray. This stunned the spider just long enough for Rex to recover and take out his Sonic Screamer. He fired at the spider, which hissed angrily and recoiled.Then, a small arc of electricity, spreading out like a spider web, was fired from one of the spider's lasers. This blast knocked back Rotor, and even Rex could feel the surge of energy hit him and threaten to topple his wheelchair. Before Rotor could get back on his feet, the spider was upon him, trying to jab at him with one of its pointed feet.Amanda approached the spider, moving silently yet dangerously swiftly. Before it took notice of her, she thrust her knife into the spider's abdomen. Shrieking in pain, the spider backed off of Rotor, who got up and prepared to fire his Cosmotronic Ray again but did not need to.Writhing in a disturbingly unnatural manner, the spider's legs buckled and it collapsed to the ground, all six of its eyes going dark.Amanda reached and pulled her dagger out of the spider's carcass. "What the MegaBlok was that?" grimaced Rotor as Amanda wiped the spider's body fluids off of her knife."The Maelstrom's way of welcoming us to the Temple of Creation, I suppose," frowned Rex. "I think the Stromlings knew that we would be coming here, and so decided to leave an ambush, likely along with trap or two, waiting for us. Be careful. The sooner we get the Imagination, the sooner we can get out of here and hurry to the real Maelstrom Temple."No sooner had the words left his mouth had a dozen Stromling Explorers led by a few Stromling Islanders limped their way out of the shadows and surrounded Rex, Amanda, Kate, and Rotor.

Edited by PeabodySam

IC: "Oh my builder," Jackson muttered as he looked through a pair of binoculars. "Teri, I think we have our first kill."Dactyl had already set up her sniper rifle and was aiming right toward the spider. "Steady, steady," Jackson was muttering. Then she fired.

OOC: *Flips laptop over again for the third time*IC:The tests confirmed it: there was still some Maelstrom in Zelda's body and it would no doubt take her over within the next few minutes unless something was done. She glared at the minifigs around her, fearful."Kill me!" she screamed to Nazareno. He looked apprehensive."Not yet!" Saran said. "You must control your emotions, Zelda! You can't let the darkness control you!" She trembled."I c-c-can't!" she stammered. "Please!" she begged to Nazareno, glancing at his swords. "Kill me! Spare me!"Nazareno glanced Saran. He shook his head disapprovingly. "The girl is hysterical, Saran," Nazareno sighed. "I can't see her calming down soon enough."Saran scowled. "I can see you are anxious to talk to a Stromling," Nazareno said calmly. "But I can't see her taking your advice. Be happy that you got the information from that you did." Saran looked as though he was about to argue, but Nazareno raised his hand. He stepped toward Zelda, his sword in hand."Do you know anything that could help us stop the Maelstrom?" he asked carefully. Zelda thought for a moment. "Anything that could help us get in and out of Hotep III's temple without to many casualties?"Her eyes widened with sudden realization. "Yes, I do!" she said excitedly. "The-" she choked on the rest of the words. Zelda's eyes bulged out with surprise. She began to scream. Nazareno knew he had to do it now. He ran up and begun to swing the sword down. Just as he was about to make the final blow, Zelda caught the katana's hilt with her hand and shoved Nazareno backwards.She jumped off the table, her eyes glowing red yet again. Her minifig appearance faded away and once again a Stromling was back in their midst. She grinned wickedly at Nazareno. The ninja winced as he clutched his stomach. The Maelstrom in his stomach roared with approval."Time for round two!" she growled. "And this time, you will die!"*******************************Minerva turned to Andrew. "Should we go with Dust?" she whispered."I don't know," he replied. "I have a bad feeling we will be attacked very soon, and that will make it impossible to find Zach. And if we go into the temple, we'll probably never find him in endless corridors and traps."Minerva nodded sadly. "Yeah. But Zach said he'd be in the temple!""Those plans can easily change. He's not exactly in control of his actions at the moment." Minerva sighed. Andrew shrugged and turned to Dust."We're going," he said flatly. He and Minerva went to stand by him. Dust raised an eyebrow and examined Minerva closely. Minerva could feel him trying to discover her motives. He seemed to find a satisfactory answer, because he turned away from her and back the group."Anybody else?" Dust asked. Minerva figured he would impatient to finally get in his temple. However, he hide whatever impatience he had. Minerva imagined he had been waiting for this day for a long time and didn't want to mess up."Alright, I-" Dust was interrupted by the sound of something heavy hitting metal. Every turned to see a Stromling standing on top of a Fire Hammer. He had descended from the trees above. Although his features were skewed in the dark and rainy jungle, Minerva could see the Stromling had a gun for an arm. She tensed up, believing the Stromling to be Zach.The Stromling jumped on to the hood of a Fire Hammer and then on to the ground. It walked arrogantly toward the Dino Attack Team, his hands behind his back. As it approached, its features became more clear. It's weapon was a Sonic Screamer instead of a Cosmotronic Ray and it was fused with its left hand instead of its right. The Stromling wore a dark trenchcoat and wore a cap that resembled one a military officer would wear. He had three scars running down the right side of his face, one of the scars intercepted by an eyepatch.The Stromling continued toward the group in a brisk fashion. "Get him!" an agent shouted. The Stromling quickly raised his Sonic Screamer and blasted the offending agent. Weapons were raised and pointed at the Stromling. He stopped and glared at the minifigs with his single red eye with distaste."Sloppy!" spat the Stromling. "I expected better. Back when I was in the Dino Attack, the agents knew how to stand at attention like a true army. You slouching, boy?" The Stromling snapped at another agent."Who are you?" Septimus asked."My name is Colonel Ernest Quartich," the Stromling sneered. "However, you many simply refer to me as Colonel. Now explain to me the improper behavior of these soldiers. This is disgusting!""The Dino Attack isn't the army, you know," Andrew muttered. Colonel's face twisted in rage. He marched up to Andrew until their chests were touching. Colonel squinted, clearly disgusted."Elite Agent Andrew," Colonel said. "I knew they shouldn't have given the promotion to a punk kid such as yourself. The state of your soldiers is pitiful. I expected better." Colonel spat in Andrew's face and turned away without waiting for a response."General Virchaus eager to begin the battle," Colonel said. "I can't keep him waiting.""Wait," Minerva said. "General Virchaus?!" His ego had certainly gone overboard."Yes," he sneered at Minerva. He glanced over at the jungle. "Your Fire Hammers are in the way. This will not do. Cranky!"A loud smashing noise could be heard. On the same Fire Hammer Colonel had dropped on to was a massive Stromling Ape. He had crushed the roof of the Fire Hammer and smashed the glass. There was a small groan from underneath the roof before it was silenced.The ape (presumably called Cranky) jumped from the Fire Hammer and quickly began moving toward a pair of different Fire Hammers near the jungle. The vehicles nearby began firing on Cranky, but the ape ignored the blasts and shoved two Fire Hammers to side to create a path into the jungle."Thank you, Cranky," Colonel yelled out. "Troops!" At once, ten rows of 12 Stromlings began to march out of the trees. Minerva noticed how these Stromlings seemed less intelligent than Colonel or Zach. They were hunched over and made strange growling noises."Attack!" Colonel bellowed to his troops. "Kill them all! Slaughter them! Do not let them into the temple!" The Stromling growled in acknowledgement and started running at the Dino Attack vehicles and agents, firing their weapons."And without further ado," Zachary cackled from the jungle, his voice ringing out clearly and powerfully. "Let the show begin!"

IC: Crusher tried to focus on her own research as much as she could. "Saran, give me a hand with this," she muttered. The psychiatrist quickly worked his way over. Zelda was busy with Nazareno, fortunately."I think I might have something," Crusher explained. "It's a matter of concentrated imagination. There's a very specific dosage required, and still one or two other components I can't quite get."Fuchs sat down next to her. "What you need," he said. "Is some way to cut off the Maelstrom.""You mentioned it was providing him with nutrients and all that," Crusher said."Yes," replied Fuchs. "The only way I can think of is to shut down the body, essentially rendering the victim clinically dead. If done right, it may be possible to revive them with a defibrillator or CPR or something."OOC: Please don't ask me to explain the science behind this, but basically there are different levels of death, and at certain points it is possible to revive a person.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Well, Brikman basically just said everything I intended to say about Andrew and Minerva. Even moreso, since I was on the fence about joining Dust or not. I'll at least give an update on my other characters.BTW, my family's heading for Pittsburg for the weekend. I'll keep in online touch, but I probably won't be the most quick to respond to anything until Sunday afternoon, at least.IC: The signal he'd been waiting for came with a loud Pang! Pang! Pang! Bluetooth was shaken to alertness as he scanned his TALON-9 screen.He saw it immediately. Masses of little red dones, lined up in neat little groups, heading right for the clearing the Dino Attack forces had gathered in around the temple. So far, no signs of air support, but the technician knew that could change. Regardless, they had to handle what they had now."Semick-!" he began, but the Elite Agent was already on the move, directing the T-1 towards a better firing angle at the ground below. He was also now giving commands into the radio."Alert! Malestrom forces moving in at the southern edges of the clearing! We've got several dozen mooks and a gorilla! They appear to be going easy on us for now, so takes these guys down and remain vigilant! Dust, get your team into the temple! Renaissance, get on standby! Mur and Rockford, get the IPS and FHs reorganized and ensure protection of the temple! And Talon, get in the air ASAP!"---------------The commotion going on behind him made Rockford immediately redirect his attention from the events unfolding at the Talon. Already the agents that had been ready to fire at its occupants were returing to vehicles or preparing to face the Stormlings head on."Hotwire, Kat," he said quickly to his fellows in conversation, "I'd suggest you get these syntheic-whatevers to use and get the Talon back up in the air. Ole knows we could use the air support." Without stopping to listen, he ran back towards his Iron Predator. The vehicle got into motion the second Rockford was fully inside."So what did they bring us?" Mur asked, his crew beginning to aim the Cyrothermic Cannon towards the incoming enemy troops."Some extra soldiers, that's all you need to know. What's the formation status?""That giant monkey's pushing vehicles aside to let the redshirts in. We have to take him out, and him being so close to our guys isn't making that easy.""Stormling apes are strong, I know that much, but they aren't bulletproof. If we can combine our fire for even the briefest of moments, we shou-""Don't. Jinx. It." The agent at the Z-1 Kinetic Launcher muttered threatheningly to Rockford. He sighed and looked to see what he could do with the radio.-------------Stranger sat quietly in the shadow of an obelisk close to the cliffs. His lizard friend was nearby, playing watch. The way they had planned it, he would provide cover while the Dino Attack agent would get his chance to hunt."Hey, this isn't as boring as it sounds," Stranger had told his companion. "Something's bound to try and stop me, and I think fighting alone's as stupid as it could get." Indeed, the last time Stranger had been in situations like this, he had friends like Titan and the late Raider to help. And when he didn't, the lizard that was by his side now had nearly murdered him.Strange bedfellows indeed, Stranger though humorously. And the current situation was humorous as well. The incoming Stormlings were coming in at a simple and predictable rate. Practically lambs for the slaughter.Mr. Zach, you are not making a good ringleader as of yet, the agent thought as he took aim with his sniper rifle and began firing away. Cut to the main act already.OOC: My cast is both genre savvy and genre blind at times, it seems.EDIT: Oh good, I just saw the picture of the High Voltage Half Track on the wiki, and I SOOO want to build that. Too bad I don't have any Dino Attack sets, so I'm going to have to use other bits of my collection.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC:Dust had not replied to his request yet, but there were more important things happening. Dr. Cyborg jumped behind a nearby Stromling and extracted the Maelstrom. Instead of turning back into a minifig, the Stromling disappeared. "They're pure Maelstrom!?" He exclaimed in surprise.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:Zach watched the chaos from the tree tops, smiling. Everything was going according to plan, even as Stromling after Stromling were being shot down by the Dino Attack Team. These Stromlings weren't made to be terrific soldiers. Their greatest strength came in numbers; endless Stromlings against a Dino Attack Team with limited teammates was ideal in this case. He quickly made contact with Colonel.Excellent work, Colonel, Zach said. The battle has begun.You are welcome, sir, Colonel replied. What shall I do now? Command from a far?I'd prefer if you didn't. Can you command from the field of battle.Of course, sir. In fact, I already have a plan formulating.Excellent. Carry on. Zach then contacted Ahua. Where are you?We're watching the battle from the temple. We intend to join the battle soon. Unless you feel as though you have it handled. Zach smirked at Ahua flat, somewhat angry tone.Just a few more acts to pull out. Then I will return to the temple and do I as you requested earlier.And how long is this going to take?It shouldn't take too long. I'll see you soon. He severed his connection with Ahua and mentally beckoned Cranky to his hiding spot. Cranky clearly understood, as he began sprinting toward Zach, dodging a variety of bullets as he ran. Cranky reached the base of the tree and quickly ascended until he was in the same branch as Zach."Fantastic," Zach said, licking his lips with excitement. "Not a scratch on you. It's time for phase two, friend. Call them when I give you the cue." Cranky nodded obediently. Zach turned to the battle and amplified his voice to address the Dino Attack."And early on into the show the Dino Attack shows promising signs of success. They are currently managing to best the underlings of the Maelstrom's ranks; the mooks, the grunts, the redshirts, whatever terminology you wish to use. You may be feeling confident now. Possibly overconfident. Maybe even bored with the Maelstrom army.!​"But worry not, Dino Attack Team. This is only Act I of this spectacularly show. It's hardly been a few minutes. I do have a few more tricks up my trees. The next performers are organic, unlike this army. They are minifig-like, in a sense. They are definitely smarter than the army you are facing now. They are a last minute act. They were found by Cranky as I was returning to the temple. Cranky, if you will introduce the next group of performers!"Cranky stood up on his legs and beat his chest furiously, roaring loudly for nearly a minute. As his roar died down, Zach could hear the screeches in the distance. He turned, grinning ear from ear.A massive wall of Stromling Monkeys were approaching the Maelstrom Temple at high speeds. They were all small and quick, with bright red eyes. There were hundreds of them, all at Cranky's command. They burst through the trees and jumped into the battle, targeting nearby Dino Attack Agents."You see, Dino Attack," Zach began to explain. "I can't let you think this is too easy. However, if you find these guys easy, there is still one more act getting ready! They are grandest event and will be the highlight of the show! In the meantime, good luck!" Zach cackled then turned to Cranky. "Let's have some fun." He climbed on to Cranky's back and pointed his Cosmotronic Ray arm forward. "It's on like Cranky Kong!" Zach bellowed gleefully. Cranky roared his approval and jumped from the trees back into the battle.

IC:Dr. Cyborg was fed up with this fight and Zach's stupid theatrics. "Hey Zach, if this is a show I want a refund for my ticket!"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: We are going through this rather quick, aren't we? *sigh* Of all the times of not being able to be near a computer most of the time over the weekend. Brikman, you're doing a good with writing, because right now I want to stuff a brick into Zach's mouth.It's too late for an IC. I should be able to make a post in... 24 hours or less. Maybe 48. *grumbles*

OOC: I'm actually trying to extend/make the battle more interesting. Let's just say Zach's ego was hurt by Stranger's thoughts and wanted to spice up the battle. Make us fight a good long while before actually getting into the temple. Besides, I having too much fun having Zach thinking he is some sort of ringmaster to want to speed things along. If you haven't figured it out yet, the third wave of the Maelstrom's forces is the Mutant Dinos.Speaking of IC posting, I may not get anything in tomorrow and will most certainly not get anything in on Saturday. Sunday is still up in the air though.

IC: Garry stayed back, his hand on revolver. He was tempted to shoot Zelda right there but he could tell it would not do much good. If anyone could take care of her it was this Nazareno. Instead, he turned back toward Fuchs and Crusher. Copper was in the back, watching in terror, as did Wade."You found anything?" Garry asked."I think so," replied Fuchs. "However we may have to risk killing her.""What do you mean?""The only way I the Maelstrom will leave her is if she's dead," replied Fuchs. "In theory at lea-""He's suggesting that we try to render him into a state of death from which he can be revived," replied Crusher."How can you be so sure you'll revive her?" Garry asked."Well," replied Crusher. "I guess it is possible that the creative spark could help.""Ï guess it's as good an idea as any," replied Garry. "Let's get to work."The scientists were working as hard as they could. There was some uncertainty over what to use, but they finally settled on adrenaline, mixed in with the creative spark of Tracer. Nazareno was still busy with Zelda, but now was the moment of truth.Fuchs loaded the experimental cure into a syringe, and slowly walked up behind Zelda. As soon as he was close enough he grabbed her around the neck, and forced the syringe in, injecting the substance. With that, Zelda collapsed. She lay there for a few minutes as the Maelstrom gradually started to fade.Crusher quickly ran up to the unconscious Zelda and looked at her closely. "No pulse, she's not breathing. COPPER! WADE! CARVER! GET OVER HERE!"

OoC:Don't worry Andrew, I have no intention of going into the temple in till I have a team together. Right now I only have Minerva, Andrew, and Doc. Cyborg so I would like about three more.I think I might try and recruit Hotwire, Lance, and LaxusI also just scanned a photo of the temple to the wiki. For some reason the quality is much better there so I just linked to it instead on posting directly to the forum.The Mealstrom temple of Hotep IIIIt's noteworthy that this is a very small picture and I did not have space to draw what is to the left of the temple. It is just dark jungle so I really was not compelled to make space.You can expect a Hertz/Dust iC latter today.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: that guy, I would absolutely love to send Hotwire into the temple, since he's spent almost all his time on the team trying to catch up with everyone. It would be awesome to get him to the front of the action. However, I'm not sure how feasible that would be. Bear in mind that he's been on a prosthetic leg for less than three hours, and is currently remaining upright thanks to nothing more than adrenalin, shots of painkillers, and sheer concentration. I did a bit of research and found that, on average, it takes a month at the very least for someone to become accustomed to a prosthetic limb. Granted, it seems minifigs recover much more quickly from such injuries than humans, but three hours still seems a bit of a stretch.tl;dr, I'm not sure how much help Hotwire would be on the entrance team. I would recommend Katerina or Septimus, and a couple of the secondary synthfigs.IC later, currently trying to figure out how to bring back some more of my NPCs.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Clint lit a cigar as he leaned against an old building and stared into the desert night. In the distance he could hear Demoman snoring loudly. Heavy was muttering something weird in his sleep. "Oh sanvich. I love you. Will you marry me? Oh yes, I accept. I take you as bride." Even Spy had to sleep sometime."You ready yet?" Clint whispered."Almost," replied Maria. She stepped out a moment later wearing a plain button-up shirt under a leather vest, with a pair of grey-ish pants and dark brown boots. Her curly red hair was hastily tied back into a somewhat messy ponytail. At her side she wore a gunbelt, containing a small revolver."You get all these from customers?" Clint asked."You'd be amazed what some boys wager," replied Maria. "They should know better than to come up against me in poker.""They wager clothes?" Clint asked."Sometimes if they're desperate enough," replied Maria. "Sometimes I just take 'em off of annoying customers who had too much to drink and didn't pay their tab.""Do you really?" Angel Eyes asked with a grin as he approached her."You bet," replied Maria. "These here boots I stole from Flatfoot Thomsen himself.""I see you're ready," Angel Eyes said keenly, lighting his pipe. "Let's get going."Clint exhaled before he turned toward the direction of the fort, where Spy had taken him previously.

IC:Zach immediately decided that death by monkeys was just about the worst possible death. He witnessed screeching Stromling Monkeys tackle Dino Attack Agents and more or less tear them to pieces. Hearing the screams of the victims yell out and be suddenly silenced disturbed even him."Hey Zach! if this is a show, I want a refund for my ticket!" he suddenly heard Dr. Cyborg cry out. Cranky and Zach turned in his direction to see the cyborg fighting off Stromlings. Zach raised an eyebrow with interest as Dr. Cyborg seemingly pulled the Maelstrom out of a Stromling. The Stromling faded away into nothing once Cyborg's deed was complete."Interesting," Zach muttered. Then out-loud, "Not enjoying the show? This will not do! Luckily, the Maelstrom provides a one hundred percent money-back guarantee if the audience isn't satisfied. Unfortunately, you are apart of the act so you never paid for ticket. However, I can still give you a payment. In the form of a beating off course! Cranky!" Cranky reared back and raised one giant fist. "Give Cyrista his money back, friend!" Cranky launched his fist down on Dr. Cyborg. He quickly jumped out of the way as fist smashed into the ground."Come on, Cyborg!" Zach cackled. "You said you want your money back!" Cranky turned and threw another punch at Cyborg. The Dino Attack Agent rolled out of the way again. Dr. Cyborg raised his hands as if to extract the Maelstrom from Cranky."Not so fast!" Zach yelled out. He fired his Cosmotronic Ray at Cyborg's right arm, singeing it. "No fancy Maelstrom tricks from you! I'm the only one who is allowed to do that!" Cranky stomped up to Cyborg, his fist raised up again."Did you know this little tidbit? When I pushed you into that Maelstrom pool when I was becoming a Stromling, it was because I thought you were a Stromling Ape. I wasn't against the Dino Attack Team then. How interesting is it that you are going to be killed by a being I thought you were before a Stromling.! However, I must say Cranky is much better dresser than the Stromling Ape you were in that hallucination! Now, Cranky, if you will..." Cranky's fist began to descend down quickly on Dr. Cyborg.********************************Colonel quickly fled from the group of Dino Attack Agents and gathered a group of Stromlings near the edge of the cliff."Alright, men," Colonel said, pacing in front of them. "I know you are all basically 'one-shot-dead' kind of troops. You may out-number the Dino Attack Team, but they out-power you in terms of fire power and technology. We are going to change that." He pointed toward an Iron Predator in front of the temple. "We're going to hijack that beast over there. Give us a little more firepower. Do you understand?""Yes, sir!" the Stromlings growled."Let's go!" Colonel yelled out. He and about twenty Stromlings ran across the battlefield without pause. Several Stromlings dropped after being shot, but Colonel and the survivors pressed forward. They scrambled on to the Iron Predator, much to the shock of the crew."What are you-" the agent never finished as Colonel clubbed him over the head with his Sonic Screamer arm. The other crew members were thrown overboard soon afterwards. The Stromlings quickly assumed control of the Z-1 Kinetic Launcher, the Cyrothermic Cannon, and the steering wheel. The other Stromlings clung to the side of the vehicle and fired on any nearby Dino Attack Agents. Colonel stood behind the driver, grinning wide."Superb work, gentlemen!" Colonel said. "General Virchaus would be pleased. Now, start taking out the other Predators and Fire Hammers! Make them wish they had never messed with us!"

IC:The launcher on the back of the Fire Hammer was designed to fight off mutated dinosaurs, not Stromlings. Eventually, Dr Smith gave up hope of using it, and instead grabbed a rifle. David had already taken one. But he had a thought. If Maelstrom could infect the imagination of a being, could imagination "infect", or rather purify the maelstrom inside a being..? His query was swiftly answered when he saw Dr. Cyborg's style of fighting. It seems I am not the first to think of that idea.But suddenly, a Stromling Ape descended on Dr. Cyborg. David was not too far off to try and help the doctor. He climbed into the driver's seat and started up the engine."I think we found someone who needs help," remarked David as the vehicle accelerated.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

OOC: I got a terrible case of writer's block at the moment, so for the sake of simplicity I'm just going to focus the next few posts on the other segments outside of the battle. If anyone wants to take control of my characters feel free to do so. I'll post something there once I get some ideas. In the meantime, it's back to the lab as we see what shenanigans Crazy Doc Fuchs is up to now.IC: Copper and Wade quickly pulled Zelda's body onto the examination table."Carver," Copper shouted. "Get me that defibrillator will you?"Copper quickly pulled Zelda's shirt open and began attempting CPR. "Come on, come on."Carver quickly wheeled the defibrillator over towards Copper. He quickly took the two paddles and waited for the right moment."CLEAR!" Wade shouted. Copper quickly pressed them down. Zelda jolted slightly.

OOC:imperial officer, I actually absorb Maelstrom, but I also had that idea.IC:As the Stromling Ape's fist came down, Dr. Cyborg in one smooth motion grabbed his laser sword from the left side of his belt with his right hand, swung it up, ignited it, and cut off the ape's fist."Heal that, Failstrom!" he yelled."Failstrom?" Zach asked. "Ooo, Doc, that hurt." He realized the joke he had made, with Cranky screaming in pain in the background. He doubled over with laughter, choking out, "That hurt. His fist cut off. Ha, ha ,ha!"By now, Cranky's fist had healed, and he started punching anew, Cyborg punching back."I could really use some help now," Dr. Cyborg muttered.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:The Fire Hammer was a mere 50 yards away from where Cranky was trying to punch Dr. Cyborg. David had quickly formulated a plan. He had two regular missiles in his Fire Hammer, and one of them had been loaded into the launcher. The plan was to aim it directly below Cranky. This would provide distraction, and then Dr. Cyborg would have time to fight back."Fire!" shouted David.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs: