LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

Welcome to the exciting land of LEGO Text-Based Role Playing Games!This topic is dedicated to the fruition of new games for the forum. Discuss your ideas, setups, play settings, and provide all around constructive criticism to help those who seek it. Here the LEGO TBRPG community will help you develop and provide insight on your game. As such, your game must be posted here prior to it receiving approval. Remember to respect and follow the rules of the forum and this website when interacting.

Important Rules & Tips

• TBRPGs will be approved via PM, but must be discussed in this topic first to receive feedback and general consensus from the community.
  • Follow the BZPower Rules & Guidelines and LEGO TBRPG Forum Rules.
  • There will not be two of the same TBRPG’s at a time. The reason behind this is, if the two games could easily be worked into the same game (if there's a plot difference, try talking to the TBRPG owner of the existing game to see if you can have it be a sub-plot, or perhaps it could be a major story arch that continues on past the current arch) then having two separate games is unneeded.
  • Use the best grammar and spelling you possibly can, this will not only help members understand your TBRPG, but it will most definitely make it appear much more professional and it'd help garner member attention.
  • Be respectful to those who criticize your work. If you think someone is stepping out of bounds, inform the staff through a Report.
  • All games must be appropriate for a younger audience.
  • If you are new to roleplaying, try joining a game or two before hosting your own game.
  • Some games may be incredibly slow, and if such a game is and if this game happens to be a franchise game, it is possible that it will be locked prematurely. The reason behind this is, if there are other members clamoring to make an Aqua Raider’s TBRPG, but one exists and is getting one post every twenty days, then it may be seen as helpful to the TBRPG community to lock the dying one so the new one may be created. (Standard reviews of all TBRPG's happen once a month -- a period of 30 days -- to assess this particular issue).
  • If you have problems with the Approval Process or the System, send a message to GSR, as he currently oversees the system.
  • Remember that your TBRPG must be posted here before it can be approved via PM.
  • If your TBRPG existed on the old site and now resides in the archive, you must submit the game for review before officially posting it.

There are a few things you need to know about this topic before you start using it. The words I would use to describe things are inadequate and have already been written by another. Thus, let me leave it with this cool bit by Nuju Metru:

• BE NICE: I’m not going to say, “If you have nothing to say, then say nothing at all!” Because constructive critique can be negative, too. However, being blatantly destructive of another person’s work doesn’t help anyone – it just hurts that person and makes you look like a… well, like a something-that-doesn’t-belong-on-a-family-friendly-forum. Don’t be the mean one, or else we, the Staff, will have to be mean, too. That’s no fun.
  • BE CONSTRUCTIVE: Of course, though, too much kindness is just about as helpful as too much meanness; that being not at all. Comments that just say “Great work!” or “OMGeezles that’s amazing 999/10!!!” are a waste of space. I know you can do better than that! Tell them the all-important why! What makes you like or dislike their work?
  • DON’T TAKE IT PERSONALLY: This topic really exists to point out the flaws of your work, so that you can fix them for the contest. So, when someone honors their part of the contract, don’t get mad at them. That’s just silly. Most of the time, people critiquing your work don’t intend to critique you. If someone is making a personal attack on you in their post, the Staff will catch it. It’s our job. So don’t be pointing fingers. That’s just annoying.
  • ANY WORK IS WORK TO SHOW: Even if it’s just a sentence or two outlining the basics of your plot and game play ideas, we want to hear it! So, for the rest of you critiquing the idea, don’t judge it or call it out negatively on its shortness. What is okay is to ask the person to tell you more, or to outline their ideas more in-depth. But bear in mind, some of the time, they won’t have any more ideas TO outline. This topic exists to fabricate and think up games. You have to start somewhere.
  • ONCE IT GETS PERSONAL, TAKE IT OUTSIDE: No, I don’t mean that in some kind of fighting sense. What I mean is that, if your idea builds up some bounceback between you and one other person, stop using the topic! Take it to PM, IM, or any other one-on-one conversational outlet. This is really up to personal jurisdiction, when it’s time to take the convo outside, so we hope you’re responsible people. If it goes too far, Staff will politely ask you to stop crowding up the topic with your one-on-one chatter.That’s about it. Enjoy, gang! Your time to create is always now!
Edited by GSR

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an idea for an Alien Conquest RPG. The story is, my character owns a technology company. One of his labs received a message in a strange language. Decoded, it said: "Invasion preparations almost complete. All sleeper teams, be ready." This caused him to create a secret team to defend against threats from outer space, the ADU. The aliens did come, and hence began the Alien Conquest. Oh, and Sisen, it isn't a sequel.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Well,here's my idea for a LEGO Universe TBRPG:It is the year 2012. We,the minifigures,fought a huge final battle against the Maelstorm. We won. The maelstorm was beaten. After 4 years of war,we won. Or so we thought. A mad scientist named Dr. Frank Steiner has created a virus out of remains of the Maelstorm. This virus is spreading like wildfire. Minifigures everywhere are turning into vile,twisted beings. Mutants. A mix of Alien and Bulldog. Lime-green. I,Mark Zafar,along with other minfigures,have formed an alliance against these Mutants.NOTE: All players start out as Normal Minifigures. When you become infected,you cannot cure yourself,another player must,and you're not allowed to ask for permission to cure,a player decides whether to cure you or not.

Edited by Parazan

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Well,here's my idea for a LEGO Universe TBRPG:It is the year 2012. We,the minifigures,fought a huge final battle against the Maelstorm. We won. The maelstorm was beaten. After 4 years of war,we won. Or so we thought. A mad scientist named Dr. Frank Steiner has created a virus out of remains of the Maelstorm. This virus is spreading like wildfire. Minifigures everywhere are turning into vile,twisted beings. Mutants. A mix of Alien and Bulldog. Lime-green. I,Mark Zafar,along with other minfigures,have formed an alliance against these Mutants.NOTE: All players start out as Normal Minifigures. When you become infected,you cannot cure yourself,another player must,and you're not allowed to ask for permission to cure,a player decides whether to cure you or not.

A LEGO Universe TBRPG could actually work here, and would more than likely be popular. You do need some more information to go with the game though. You almost have a story/introduction, just work on adding in some more details, guidelines, rules, etc. The Dino Attack RPG is a prime example of the type of setup you should have, but that does not mean you need to have all the same details. If you have any questions just ask, everyone is here to help. In the meantime, you can always join up with another member and work on the game together.

Can we the Space Police RPG back?

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

@ Parazan: I'd be willing to help. If you need any more help. :PZakaro

Alright then, PM me.So, we've got Me, Squish E. Frog, Reptiman, and you? Wow, this is going great!

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Alien Conquest and a Space Police RPG would be somewhat similar in terms. However, Space Police could probably be worked into Alien Conquest in some shape or form. There could be an exclusive faction or it could play a pinnacle role in a later plot for the story.

Yes. The Space Police could return to Earth and ally with the ADU. So, does that mean my RPG is approved, or almost approved?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Well, there was an SPRPG in progress before the server went down. I was hoping for more of that.

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

But it wasn't very active. And anyway, there's no reason that we couldn't have something similar as part of a Space RPG. There would just be Alien Conquest stuff going on too, plus anything else Lego might have up its sleeve at the moment. I also like Zero Makuta's idea for a Lego Universe RPG, ie just picking up where the MMO left off. Just my tuppence on the matter.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Do you think that a Lego Universe RPG would be succesful? I mean, it doesn't look like this forum is very active (no offense). It might help revitalize it a little.~ZM

150px-Unity%2C_Duty_and_Destiny.jpg

Unity. . . Got it covered

Duty . . . Well, still working on it.

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

I remember someone in the "What is this place?" thread suggesting a Lego Universe RPG in the style of the BZPRPG, with multiple topics and stuff. I think something like that would have a good chance of revitalizing this forum, since might be a draw for all the hardcore RPers from COT, the BZPRPG, etc.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I think with some extra advertisement, like a sig. banner, would also do a lot to help. It would be cool if it would work.Does anyone want to do it, or should we form a group to work on it or . . . ?~ZM

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

I can pitch in if the other RPG I'm working on doesn't take up too much time.EDIT: That is to say, please, please, please can I help with this project?

Edited by The CryoMancer

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Hmmm . . . . I have been dying to run an RPG. I'm a fair writer. CryoMancer, would you like to co-host with me?@Jackson Lake: It would be good to include some new story for the RPG. Perhaps something like a New Crux Prime? Mind brainstorming?~ZM

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

@ Zero: sure thing.

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Jackson Lake: The Lego Universe Wiki is a good place to learn about it, though you may have already known that. :PCryomancer: Sweet! I'll try to whip something up today.~ZM

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

Hey guys, I whipped up a little for the RPG. It's not much yet, but its a start. :) I took most of the beginning from the trailer.

RPG: LEGO Universe

Hosted by:Zero MakutaCo-Hosted by: The CryomancerTraversing the reaches of space and time, four explorers, the scientific Doctor Overmind, the courageous Duke Exeter, the adventurous Hael Storm, and the secretive Baron Typhonus, were brought together in a search for a unique and precious element: the Imagination Nexus.Together they roamed the darkest corners of the universe, searching in vain for the last source of pure imagination. Slowly, the Baron descended into madness as the journey drew on. His mind slipped into erratic chaos, unknown to his companions.However, the group’s legendary journey ended one fateful day as they arrived at a most unusual world: the fabled planet Crux. Detecting a powerful source of energy, the four explorers were jubilant! They had finally found what they were looking for. They quickly descended upon an ancient temple, a relic of the mythical First Builders. Inside was the Imagination Nexus, the long-lost source of pure imagination. Legend told that the Imagination Nexus contained the power to bring any idea to life. Awed by the possibilities, the explorers dreamt of their most desired creations. But one amongst them was more chaotic in thought, and imagined something very different indeed.The Baron’s foolhardy attempt to control creation through destruction resulted in chaos, and creatures of chaos have no master. The explorers watched as their ally was taken into the Imagination Nexus and tainted it with his mad thoughts.Corrupted by darkness, the Imagination Nexus mutated into a powerful, destructive Maelstrom that began to tear the temple to pieces, forcing the remaining explorers to battle for their lives. Duke Exeter and Hael Storm fought the shadow as Doctor Overbuild sealed the Maelstrom within the depths of the ancient temple.Shaken to its core, and unable to contain such an immense and chaotic power, planet Crux exploded into countless smaller worlds. . . .The explorers thought the Imagination Nexus lost forever, but imagination is very difficult to extinguish. Realizing they needed to restore the Nexus and protect the universe, the explorers sent out a signal, a call to all minifigures to use their creative powers and save Imagination.That’s where your story begins.

Welcome!

Welcome to RPG: Lego Universe, the text-based continuation of the one, the only, LEGO Universe.Here, you can revive the powerful and courageous minifigures you championed to battle the Maelstrom. They will need to become stronger than ever in order to battle the Maelstrom, which has become stronger than ever. The old worlds of Lego Universe still exist, but new areas and places have been discovered and founded. Battle lines are drawn as the war escalates between the forces of good and evil. Will you be strong enough to survive?

The Universe

Many worlds have come about since the destruction of the planet Crux. They are detailed here.

Avant Gardens

One of the most hotly-contested areas in Lego Universe, the forces of the Maelstrom pour into what was once a beautiful paradise. The Sentinels and the Paradox hold the front line against the invaders, protecting the rocket pad to Nimbus Station. If conquered, the critical world of Avant Gardens forces would be the key to a Maelstrom invasion of Nexus Tower.

Nimbus Station

Nimbus Station is one of the few places that is truly free from the corruptive taint of the Maelstrom. It acts as a base from which all the other major worlds of the Lego Universe can be reached. New recruits are transported here to receive their first assignments, choose their Faction, and serve the Nexus Force.In order to help keep the Station clear from the Maelstrom, Nexus Force agents are sent back in time to help fight in the First Invasion, when the Maelstrom was repulsed and Nimbus Station was cleansed.

Nexus Tower

This is the greatest stronghold of the Nexus Force. Surrounded by an impenetrable shield crafted from pure Imagination, it is home to the New Imagination Nexus, which was made from a single shard from the first. The original explorers, minus the Baron Typhonus, coordinate the Nexus Force to combat the Maelstrom from their bases in the Tower.

Nexus City

Nexus City is the first New World in the Lego Universe RPG. After the construction of Nexus Tower and the energy dome surrounding it, work on Nexus City began.The families who were uprooted by the Maelstrom, and the families of the Nexus Force recruits, moved to the Nexus Tower to be under its protection. Despite the constant Maelstrom raging outside the energy field, Nexus City is a safe haven to minifigures everywhere.~ZM

Edited by Zero Makuta

DESTINY . . . Meh.

2 out of 3. =D

Okay...confession time. I made a mistake. I thought that Zero was incharge of Space and JL was in charge of LU. I could still work with Zero on the Lego Universe project if you want, but I would prefer to work on Space. It's perfectly okay if Zero still wants my help, and I will help him. Sorry for any inconvenience.

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg