LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

Here's mine so far:HERO FACTORYThe area was a massive, offsite storage and jailing facility. A facility so large that when consulted, even Mr. Makuro had been unable to tell how far down it went. The cause was a disturbance several weeks previous, a disturbance the heroes had been unable to gather any information about, aside from the fact that an area of up to fifty feet away from the facility in every direction had turned pitch black. As well as the fact that immediately afterward all communications ceased on the facility’s side.So William Furno, Dunkan Bulk, and Jimi Stringer had been dispatched to deal with the issue. What they found upon entering the building was nothing. There were no workers keeping the prisoners in, nor were there any prisoners trying to break out. A search of the three upper floors revealed the same result, leaving them with only one option: to travel beneath the surface. Before all three vanished without a trace like everyone else within the facility, Jimi Stringer did manage to send a message that contained words that should have never been linked with a Hero Factory facility...“Somethin’ hunting us... Bulk gone, Furno unconscious. Dunno how long we’re gonna last here... somethin’ in the walls... there were guns... meteor blasters... a giant axe... other stuff. It feels like... nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s... there’s nothing safe here... every step could... send us into the abyss... oh no... no, it’s back... gotta go, gotta-”Hero Factory has poked and prodded within the top five levels (four of which are above ground) several times since, but as of yet no evidence of any value has been found. However, the legendary Preston Stormer has been assigned to lead the next search team, and he has been authorized to bring five other heroes with him.This is where you come in. As a rookie of Hero Factory, you have been deemed as disposable enough to risk being sent on this mission. Should you wish to join, you may be one of the first since Furno’s lost team to experience the horrors of the Offsite Storage Facility. Should you decide that accompanying Stormer is not something you wish to attempt at this time, there are still plenty of villains that need re-capturing since the breakout, and many more villains that have never been caught at all.This is where you begin.The Story in Short:After the breakout set off by Voltix, Hero Factory had the massive Offsite Storage Facility (OSF) built as a safety measure to hold the worst villains during any similar strikes in the future. However, several weeks previously a blackout occurred, covering a large area around the facility. All communications with the facility fell silent, and three heroes were dispatched to investigate- none have returned.Now Hero Factory is preparing a new wave of heroes known as the “X” series, created to be even tougher and more powerful than the 2.0 build. Five of these new heroes are to be dispatched along with Preston Stormer to investigate the disappearances of the three heroes and the cause of the OSF blackout- meanwhile for the rest of the new heroes sightings of villains all over the galaxy are increasing with great speed, and some of the older heroes have begun to suspect that the higher ups of Hero Factory have been covering up more breakouts – it will be up to you to discover if these suspicions are true.

Looks good. Nice and intriguing. :)

I Meant Shinobi, Knight.etc. But this loks to be fun:)

Right, that's included within the four factions.Glad to hear you're looking forward to it. Zero Makuta's a bit busy with Real Life at present, but I think we might have another draft ready within the next couple of weeks.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Yeah, no problem. I'll do it later today, as I'm tired right now. :P But since I'm back from Disney, I shoul be back into the loop soon.-ibrow

Yeah, no problem. I'll do it later today, as I'm tired right now. :P But since I'm back from Disney, I shoul be back into the loop soon.-ibrow

Sisen just gave me the go-ahead, so please send me your idea sometime in the near future so we can get it up and running. :) Edited by Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of

• 1 month later...

Three things to say.- As it turns out, the Lego Universe RPG won't be happening this summer. Zero Makuta did tell me he'd still like to give it a try eventually, so I suppose we'll call it 'postponed to an indefinite point in the future.'- Any developments concerning that Hero Factory RPG, iBrow and Xalen?- I realize that it's been over thirty days since anyone posted here; I would have bumped the thread had I thought of it sooner. However, given that this topic is rather crucial to the workings of this forum, may I suggest that it be pinned and/or exempted from revival rules? (I should add that the rules did specifically say that RPGs would be closed after thirty days of inactivity, so I'm not sure whether or not this thread is safe already.)

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

TDC and I have been throwing around a few ideas for an RPG based on Mars Mission. However, neither of us have much experience in this particular forum, and we were wondering how 'Lego' the Rpgs usually are. Are the characters minifigs and the vehicles and such made of bricks, or is it usually closer to real life? It'd be useful to know before we go any farther on the outline.

TDC and I have been throwing around a few ideas for an RPG based on Mars Mission. However, neither of us have much experience in this particular forum, and we were wondering how 'Lego' the Rpgs usually are. Are the characters minifigs and the vehicles and such made of bricks, or is it usually closer to real life? It'd be useful to know before we go any farther on the outline.
A Mars Mission RPG would be great! It's one of the ones that ages ago I had ideas for, but nothing ever came of (and even if I had actually gotten around to starting it, I imagine it wouldn't have gone anywhere anyway).To answer the question: it depends.For instance, PeabodySam set the Dino Attack RPG on the "LEGO Planet", which is inhabited by the "minifig" species. The main nation is called LEGOLAND, capital LEGO City, the currency is the stud, etc. But what that actually means is open to interpretation- the RPG's wiki describes minifigs as being more set-like, but I, at least, usually write posts as if minifigs are humans with a different name.So it's up to you, really.
current_events_sigbanner.png

Well, as Cadias Mentioned, We've been working on a Mars Mission RPG... and Here's what we have.

For Survival

Listen, younglings, to our history upon this world, and the dangers we face. It has been 73967 planetary rotations since we arrived upon this barren and desolate planet, the wreckage of our collision still exists in places too harsh to salvage. We came here in search of other life, but found only a landscape with hospitality that could be compared to that upon a star. There is nothing but rock and sand, stretching for miles until you reach liquid so acidic that it would burn through metal within moments, only the stone manages to contain it. The surface could not sustain us, and for our own survival, he headed into the ruins that exist upon the planet, heading down into the ground itself. Below, we began to thrive and grew from a small number of survivors into small colonies, scattering ourselves to keep from overtaxing the available resources.When we first arrived, we thought there as no life here. We were wrong. Creatures that burrow within the sand, they are far stronger than we are, and know the environment all too well. We were forced to create vehicles from our original craft's remains, armed with weapons crafted using these miraculous crystals we discovered. If we wish to travel to the surface, we do it at our own risk, and traveling on foot is nearly suicidal.Those crystals have become our only chance at survival. They power our machines, allowing us protection and the ability to traverse the surface in search of more of the gems. They power greenhouses made far beneath the ground, along with our buildings and lights. If our supply were to run out, there would be no chance of survival, we would be left without protection, and the creatures would surely not let us survive without it.Now these wretched white creatures with golden, featureless faces have arrived, stealing away our source of survival, and we know not why. They have been stockpiling the crystals, taking them to a large tower of white and orange, protected by destructive turrets. When we tried to reclaim our survival, they attacked us like savage animals, shooting our ships from the sky, even going so far as to capture some of our people for no doubt ghoulish intentions. None of those captured ever come back.We in return, captured some of their own, giving them a honorable end, consumption by those who had proven victorious. But they seemed enraged even farther, and began to not only steal our crystals, but hunt our people down and slaughter them. Now we fight these wretched gold-faced demons, if we manage another rotation of the planet relies on our actions now. We have no choice but to reclaim our stolen crystals, and take back our adopted home from these monsters.Welcome, children of the Queen, to the battle for our homes and very lives. These creatures stop at nothing, harming and killing anyone. They make no difference for the elders, the younglings, or the workers. As the warriors, it is our duty to fight to the end to protect them, and the hive. Good luck, and may the blessings of the Queen keep you strong.

For Earth

If you're listening to this recording, I'm either dead or too busy to talk to you myself. I sincerely hope that it's the latter, but I don't need to tell you that.

I've made this recording in light of recent events, to be played if I'm unavailable. Forget everything you've been told about Mars. Forget about that peaceful, lifeless planet you've been looking forward to doing some mining on. Remember that combat training you got on the way here, just in case you'd need it? Prepare to get a lot more.We aren't alone up here.It all started about a week ago. A bunch of the crystals we'd mined started to disappear. At first, I thought that it was just the crewmen wanting a souvenir, but far, far too many were disappearing for that. Something was taking them. I posted guards at the site we were keeping them at, expecting the problem to be a few crewmen who wanted some extra cash. We never expected an attack.They came screaming out of the night, armed with advanced vehicles and weaponry. We had only assigned a few lightly armed guards... they never stood a chance. The aliens, the beasts took all of the crystals and dragged the guards away. For a few hours, we managed to keep in contact with them through the comm, but the lines went dead one by one. The last thing we heard from those men was screaming, terrible, terrible screaming.... The next day, we found their bones.... covered with bite marks.That was three days ago. All attempts to contact the aliens have failed. They're appearing more and more often, more and more aggressively. But I'm not about to head home because the locals aren't happy, and I've got a feeling that you aren't either. We came here to end the energy crisis on Earth, and I'm going to make sure that happens, even if I have to personally hunt down each and every alien on this planet. We're here with the finest technology Earth has to offer, and we're already started to work on a combat-only vehicle: The Astro-Fighter.We've discovered that the stasis tubes we designed to store crystals in also work fine on aliens. If you can, capture some. We need some more information on them.... and it seems like a fitting way to avenge the crew who have been killed and eaten by these things. We will make them pay.Welcome to Mars.

Locations

The locations are increased in size, for reasons of making them more open and usable.

The Mothership

Our headquarters upon the planet's surface, and the central hub for all crystal collection and defensive works. The mobile headquarters is rather large, taking up the majority of the remains from our original craft. Most defensive strike craft are stored here. The massive craft can easily hold a few hundred people and several dozen ship at a time.

The Hive

The home of our people, it is where those of us who are not warriors reside, though many warriors stand ready to protect it from inside. It is well hidden within the large volcano that we call Vetrevius, in honor of the Great Queen. Inside live thousands, possibly tens of thousands. If the Gold-Faces were to ever find it, it would mean grave danger for our people.

MB-01 Eagle Command

The MB-01 represents the peak of Human technology. It's the home base of all Astronauts on the surface, with living quarters that house all personnel. Its generators, powered by the crystals we were sent to mine, produce incredible amounts of energy, which keep all systems running and the formidable turrets charged and ready. It has an impressive laboratory and a Sickbay.

MB-201 Ultra-Drill WalkerThe MB-201 is an impressive piece of engineering, a mobile base that can go it alone for months on end. It boasts labs, greenhouses, a Sickbay, crew quarters, and a rudimentary Factory where small vehicles and replacement parts can be manufactured. Its primary feature and line of defense is the huge Ultra-Drill, which has been modified by our talented Engineers to double as a massive weapon.

Profiles

Name: Human names for Humans, non-human names for Thymata.Gender: Male or Female.Species: Human or ThymataAppearance: The appearance of a character, Including special decals on a spacesuit for Humans or the patterns of green on a Thymata.Occupation: The job of your character.Weapons: The basic for Humans is a blaster, and for Thymata is a laser staff. Modified versions are available.Personality: What your character is like, how they act, and how they think.(Optional)Biography: The past of your character.

Rank: The rank or title of your character. The first rank and title are available at start.

Vehicle: The chosen transportation of your character, based upon rank.

Ranks And Titles

Each of the sides have their own system of ranks, and with each rank comes access to better vehicles.

(Credit to the creators of the Dino Attack RPG for this brilliant idea.)

Thymata Titles

Youngling: Given to those still in training, learning the ways of our people.

Practicer: One who has proven themselves efficiently able to preform their duty.

Trainer: For those who are able to teach others, having great skills themselves.

Commander: Those who have the skills to not only teach, but to guide others in their duties.

General: Given to the one chosen to relay the orders of the Queen herself.

Human Ranks

Miner: One who has received basic training and is starting to harvest crystals.

Chief: Given to those who know everything there is to know about mining and have had their fair share of fights.

Gunner: Those who are experienced in both mining and combat.

Veteran of the Red Planet (Veteran): For those who have mined a lot of crystals, fought a lot of fights, and who can command others well. Wear this title with pride.

Commander: The leader of the expedition, making sure that things run smoothly and that we all aren't eaten by aliens.

Vehicles

Certain vehicles are unlocked at each rank, though you can use vehicles from lesser ranks if you wish.

Thymata

Viper (No set) -Youngling

A fast jet glider allowing flight, armed with no weapons.

Jet (Set 5617) - Youngling

A small craft, armed with two weak energy cannons.

Combat Craft (Set 7647) - Practicer

A swift vehicle with four weak energy cannons

Speed Fighter (Set 7697) - Practicer

A very fast craft, with six weak energy cannons

Levitation Strike Craft (Set 7692) - Trainer

A powerful craft with four weak energy cannons and a rapid fire energy cannon

Power Strike Ship (Set 7649) - Trainer

A strong craft with four strong energy cannons

Assault Craft (Set 7644) - Commander

A very fast and tough craft with four strong energy cannons

Hyper Carrier (No Set) - Commander

A transport craft with six strong energy cannons

Infiltrator (Set 7646) - General

An incredibly deadly craft with eight strong energy cannons and four mini-rocket launchers

Human

Jetpack (No Set) -Miner

A quick rocket pack, armed with no weapons.

Crystal Hawk (Set 5619) - Miner

A small vehicle, with two weak blaster cannons

MX-11 Astro Fighter (Set 7695) - Miner

A quick vehicle with a blaster cannon

MT-31 Trike (Set 7694) - Chief

A very quick vehicle with two blaster cannons

MX-41 Switch Fighter (Set 7647) - Gunner

A powerful vehicle with two blaster cannons and two mini-rocket launchers

MT-61 Crystal Reaper (Set 7645) - Gunner

An tough vehicle, with two mini-rocket launchers, and a strong double blaster cannon

MT051 Claw Tank (Set 7697) - Veteran

A powerful and tough vehicle with a rocket launcher, claw, laser disk blaster, and double blaster cannon

MX-71 Recon Dropship (Set 7692) - Veteran

A transport vehicle with heavy rocket launcher and four blaster cannons.

MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft (Set 7644) - Commander

An insanely powerful vehicle with sixteen blaster cannons, and a supercharged blaster beam cannon

Rules

Follow the RPG forum rules and guidelines while playing the game.

Other players have feelings too, try to be respectful.IC: Means that you are posting what follows as a character.OOC: Means that you are not posting what follows as a character.When fighting, remember that you aren't invincible. Avoiding every attack is not fair fighting.Don't try to overpower your characters, you're not superheroes.Killing other players without their approval is not allowed.

Please don't take blows that should be fatal and then ignore them as though they never happened.

Cadias & Toxicity

Edited by Toxicity

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Looks interesting. Couple of (fairly minor) comments on it:1. I would recommend linking the vehicle names to pictures of actual sets, rather than giving set numbers- the direct link to (for instance, brickset) is a lot more useful than the number.2. Is there a limit on the number of (main player) characters allowed? Nothing explicitly states this in the profile or rules section.3. You have listed a "General" and "Commander" rank on the list of ranks. Are these ranks that players can actually achieve, or ranks that are going to be limited to your characters (or some non-player characters controlled by you)? The description suggests the latter, but it would be good to note that if it is indeed the case.Apart from that... I think it looks pretty good.

Looks interesting. Couple of (fairly minor) comments on it:1. I would recommend linking the vehicle names to pictures of actual sets, rather than giving set numbers- the direct link to (for instance, brickset) is a lot more useful than the number.2. Is there a limit on the number of (main player) characters allowed? Nothing explicitly states this in the profile or rules section.3. You have listed a "General" and "Commander" rank on the list of ranks. Are these ranks that players can actually achieve, or ranks that are going to be limited to your characters (or some non-player characters controlled by you)? The description suggests the latter, but it would be good to note that if it is indeed the case.Apart from that... I think it looks pretty good.
1. That's a very good idea, but I'm not quite certain which sites can and can not be linked to under BZPower rules.2. I don't believe Cadias nor I spoke of a character limit while designing it. I'll have to speak to him about if he thinks we should add one.3. Only the highest rank for each species is limited to the staff characters at the current time. But the chances of one of them possibly dying would leave that position open, as would one stepping down from command. So they are indeed ranks that characters can achieve, but only one person can have the top rank at a time.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"So....this all seems quite horrible."-Bruce Banner, the AvengersSeriously, this is an important topic, and it has faded away. We need it, and I want to comment, so this is two in one.If the Mars Mission RPG is approved, I will play it and the Hero Factory RPG. Somebody on staff, lease pin this topic so it won't dissapear.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

If the Mars Mission RPG is approved, I will play it and the Hero Factory RPG. Somebody on staff, lease pin this topic so it won't dissapear.
Agreed. It is looking like the Hero Factory RPG isn't going to happen anytime soon, though. ibrow is going to be out of the picture for awhile. :(

I suppose this would be a good time to mention that I have restarted work on the Lego Universe RPG along with Brikman McStudz. We're both quite busy IRL at present, but we'll hopefully have something up here for public review in December or thereabouts.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

• 4 weeks later...

Umm, I have a good idea for a LURPG, but it starts in a different time period. Here is the general groundwork...Near the end of the Mealstorm war, the forces of chaos had been forced back to Crux Prime, and victory was all but certain for the mini figures. But it was not meant to be... The beginning of the end was a meeting between the four leaders of the Nexus force, over the subject of what to do after beating the Mealstorm. All was going well, until radio chatter blared from the command radio. "Bzzzt... Mayday! Mayday! The Mealstorm has released a secret weapon! Our troops are turning into Mealstorm, and not even our purifiers can stop it! It can come through radios..." Vanda Darkflame and Heal Storm both jumped up and reached to turn off the radio, when a cloud of purple gas sprayed them from the radio! They had crushed the radio, but they had turned into evil versions of themselves, along with everyone in their factions. Dr. Overbuild teleported himself and Execeter and all their forces to the Nexus Tower, and watched as all the worlds they had fought so hard for were lost, except for Nexus Tower and Ninjago. This is where all of you come in. Will you fight for the Mealstorm, or against it? Choose which faction too, Paradox and Venture League are evil, Sentenials and Assembly are good. It is advised that if you had an LU account, to create your character at rank 1.Ranks-Soldier: This rank consists of 1,2, and 3s. They are what you start out as. If you do something amazing, you will rank up to...Officer: Once every month, I may choose one officer on merit to rank up to...Warlord: This is the highest rank a player can get, and offers some bonuses that I will think of later.Within each rank is...Infantry: Heavy armor, heavy weapons.Scout: Fast, hard to hit, light weapons.Spy: Can infiltrate the opposing team and assassinate others. Very light armor, fades into background.These are just some ideas, and am willing to collaborate with other LURPG makers.Give criticism, advice, and comments.

Well, since we've now got one more thinking about an LURPG, I'll go ahead and submit what Brikman and I have so far. Spoiler'd due to potentially inconvenient length, here is what would be the first post in the thread.

It is 2013. For years, the Nexus Force has been waging war against the chaotic forces of the Maelstrom for the fate of the entire universe. For the past two years, the Nexus Force has gone through more hardships than ever, but is started to push the Maelstrom back.However, the Darkitect, having recovered from his various losses both in the Nimbus System and abroad, has begun to strike back harder than ever. While the Nexus Force's numbers are large, they need more back-up to hold against the Maelstrom.That's where you come in. Welcome to the LEGO Universe RPGRULESThese rules will make your time in the LURPG a whole lot easier.1. All BZP rules are in effect here. This means no spamming, no flaming, etc.2. Use "IC" when In Character (describing what your character is doing in-universe) and "OOC" when Out Of Character (to talk and discuss with other BZP members). This way, it is less confusing for other members to read your posts.3. Keep violent descriptions down to minimal. We are not writing a horror story.4. Do not kill other players' characters without their consent.5. If you are planning to leave this RPG, please let us know in advance so we may take your profile down from the first post. If you're only going on break, tell us so that I do not take down your profile.GUIDELINESGuidelines are like the rules. However, breaking of the guidelines only results in a warning.1. Do not kill official LEGO Characters.2. Please know that at times I can be extremely busy and cannot always attend this RPG. 3. If possible, make your posts medium-length. Epics are not required for each post, but posts with one or two in-character sentences don't add much to the RPG. This RPG tries to see how well you and other members can interact and take control of the story; while this can be achieved through short posts, it take far less time with medium-length posts.4. Keep interaction with other LEGO themes that have nothing to do with LEGO Universe down to minimum. Having your character once be apart of the Alpha Team or Space Police before joining the Nexus Force is fun, but bringing in a fleet of Space Police ships and so on is not encouraged.7. No godmodding. If you character takes on an army of a zillion Maelstrom Dragons led by the Darkitect himself while not getting a single scratch, that is godmodding. Don't do that.KEY LOCATIONSCrux Prime - Crux Prime is a jagged, dark world that is the most contested area between the Nexus Force and Maelstrom currently. This world once hosted the Nexus Temple and the Imagination Nexus before being destroyed by the Maelstrom's creation, making it extremely dangerous to travel there. At the edge of the world, a Maelstrom fog constantly spews powerful Stromlings to hinder the Nexus Force. In 2011 and early 2012, Crux Prime was the site of a mining operation by the Skullkin to get Maelstrom Ore to create powerful new weapons for Lord Garmadon. Since then, with Lord Garmadon efforts being solely focused on Ninjago, much of the Skullkin population has been eliminated and the Maelstrom Quarry has turned into a research area for Paradox. [[However, the ninja of Imagination Spinjituzu remains in ruins a monastery on world, willing to teach his ways most powerful Nexus Force's ranks.]]On this world is the Nexus Force's headquarters, the massive and grand Nexus Tower. Nexus Tower is the Nexus Force's main base of operations and hosts specialized wings for all four factions. From the Nexus Tower, one can reach Nimbus Station, Club Station Alpha, and Starbase 3001.Nimbus Station - A peaceful world that, after being cleansed of the Maelstrom, became a major foothold for the Nexus Force and hub world for the Nimbus System as a whole. Many Nexus Force members use this area as a place to relax and gather with friends, as it features a race track and concert amphitheater. There once a time machine here to travel back to the famed battle against the Maelstrom on Nimbus Station before it was heavily damaged in a Stromling attack, leaving it in an indefinite state of disrepair. Nimbus Rock and Nimbus Isle properties orbit this world.Avant Gardens - A once beautiful area area of Crux that has been turned into a massive battlefield between the Sentinels and the Maelstrom. Avant Gardens is home to massive monument dedicated to the fight against the Maelstrom and a cave infested with Dark Spiderlings and their Spider Queen. There was Paradox Research Facility here before it was destroyed during the Spider Queen's creation. Avant Gardens is orbited by Block Yard and Avant Grove properties and the Venture Explorer.Venture Explorer - A Venture League cargo ship captained by Sky Lane that was attacked and corrupted by the Maelstrom in 2010. After a brief mission in 2011 to recover important files related to the Nexus Tower, the ship has been left abandoned in the airspace above Avant Gardens.Gnarled Forest - A tropical world with a massive jungle that was heavily populated by pirates before many were corrupted by treasure chests infected with the Maelstrom. The Venture League is allied with the Pirates of the region led by Captain Jack Knife to fight against swarms of Stromling Pirates and brutish Stromling Apes. The Pirates have a camp established on a beach next to the Black Seas Barracuda, which has run aground into a tree. The Maelstrom's energies are focused in a trench filled with its destructive energies. Inbetween the fight against the Maelstrom is a growing conflict between the Pirates and their enemies the Ninja of Forbidden Valley. There is also a racetrack on this world. Gnarled Forest is orbited by Chantey Shanty properties.Forbidden Valley - A rocky, dangerous world controlled by the sacred order of the ninja. The Maelstrom has a powerful presence here, having corrupted the deceased souls of samurai swordsman, old samurai armor, and have taken over the dragon population in the area. The Paradox have a refinery in the area where they conduct research on the Maelstrom, particularly on its leader, Baron Typhonus. Pirate spies are known to be infiltrating Forbidden Valley as the conflict between Pirates and Ninja grow. There is also a racetrack on this world. This world is orbited by Raven Bluff properties.Starbase 3001 - A space station that thinks off to four small worlds, including:Portabello - A jungle area with an island mountain and a poisonous swamp. This world is inhabited by sentient, pig-like dragons and large snails that are used to pass over the poisonous lake. Portabello is currently infested with small Dark One Stromlings that are more of a minor annoyance at the moment.Moonbase - A Classic Space outpost on a moon near Crux that mines for Imaginatium crystals for Nexus Force use. The Moonbase is one of the only areas in the Nimbus System that has not been attacked by the Maelstrom. Instead, the outpost is being infested by strange, insect-like creatures called Grabbles and antagonized by a mysterious organization called Piratron.DeepFreeze - A frozen world mostly devoid of Minifig life. It is mostly inhabited by small, mammals. At the moment, Maelstrom-infected beavers are the primary threat in the world.Robot City - A massive city inhabited by robot citizens. After a robot named Master NXT was infected with the Maelstrom, he spread the corruption throughout the city and infected thousands or possibly millions of citizens into Stromlings and build special robots to destroy those who had escaped Master NXT's corruption. The Nexus Force is currently working on a campaign to defeat Master NXT and his army and retake the city.OTHER LOCATIONSThese locations are underneath Nexus Force control and do not branch off to contested worlds, meaning not much happens here. Regardless, they are still available to visit.Pet Cove - Once a horrible Maelstrom wasteland, Pet Cove is a peaceful wildland that acts as a home for cats, dogs, and hares. The area is maintained by Coalessa. It is currently under no threat of the Maelstrom.Club Station Alpha - A starbase in an asteroid belt where citizens of the Nimbus System go to hang out. The station is run by Max. It is currently under no threat of the Maelstrom.Frostburgh? (Once again, depending on when this RPG starts (December to March, I believe, Frostburgh could be in orbit or not)OFF-LIMIT WORLDS[[This is more here to explain why one can't go Ninjago and maybe Frostburgh]]The world of Ninjago has been forbidden from normal Nexus Force travel following the destruction of the spinjitzu monastery and the increasingly dangerous situation on the planet. Special ops troops are currently looking into the situation for any relation to the Maelstrom.Frostburgh? Same as above.CHARACTERSYour primary character is your main character and can be apart of any of the four factions of the Nexus Force and be one of three Faction specialties or "classes". It is recommended you read up on the classes and factions on the LEGO Universe Wiki if your knowledge is a little rusty.ASSEMBLY[[Possibly insert Assembly logo here]]The Assembly are led by Doctor Albert Overbuild and specialize in building, creativity, and the use and study of Imagination. Their main fighting classes are listed below:Engineer: The powerful workforce of Assembly. They specialize in not only repairing fortifications and armor, building turrets to take on wave after wave of Stromlings.Inventor: The heavy hitters of Assembly. They focus heavily on offense with both an Imagination-powered handheld blaster and the power to build a small invention to fire upon Stromlings.Summoner: The wizard-class of Assembly. They use the power of Imagination to summon powerful creatures to aid you in fighting against Stromlings.VENTURE LEAGUE[[Venture Logo]]The Venture League are led by Hael Storm and specialize in exploration, adventure, and puzzle solving. Their three main fighting classes are listed below:Adventurer: Brave explorers who use their speed and exploration skills to discover and fight enemies. Adventurers use a powerful crossbow and whip as weapons.Buccaneer: Treasure hunters they have similar abilities to Daredevils, but use them for evasive tactics to confuse enemies. Buccaneers wield a pistol and cutlass against their enemies.Daredevil: Powerful warriors of the Venture League faction that, as their name implies, are eager to dive straight into the chaos and use fast speeds, powerful jumps, and dual pistols to flatten Stromling armies.SENTINELS[[sentinel logo]]The Sentinels are led by Duke Exeter and is composed of soldiers and warriors who take the Maelstrom's forces head on. Their three main fighting classes are listed below:Knight: They are brave and noble soldiers who are determined to defeat the Maelstrom. Their armor and shield make them difficult to knockdown and a powerful sword make them a dangerous force on the battlefield.Samurai: Powerful and honorable warriors that, when not using their martial art prowess, use a powerful katana and a bow that can shoot fiery arrows to take down their enemies.Space Ranger: Heavily armored soldiers that uses their zipgun and blaster that cause massive devastation on the battlefield.PARADOX[[Paradox logo]]The Paradox are led by Vanda Darkflame and specialize in studying and researching the Maelstrom with the intent of using its dark power against itself. Their three fighting classes are listed below:Shinobi: The Shinobi are deadly assassins and the only Paradox faction that uses melee weapons. They use a fast barrage of attacks from their katanas to defeat their foes.Sorcerer: Powerful magicians that use the dark power of the Maelstrom as their source of magic, channeled through their wand and orb.Space Marauder: The hard-hitting soldiers of Paradox. They use their Maelstrom-fueled rocket launcher, blaster, and grenades to repel waves of Stromlings.RANKSAll players begin at Standard rank (see the Rank 1 and Rank 2 sections of the class pages). After a player has spent a goodly amount of time participating in the RPG, showing dedication, creativity, and/or contributing to the game overall, he/she may be promoted to Elite rank.VEHICLESAs seen in the MMO, Standard-ranking players may use cars or other similarly-sized land vehicles for easy travel within worlds, and rockets for travel between worlds.Players who have been promoted to Elite may use any sort of vehicle at all: flying saucers, zeppelins, insect-legged submarines...your Imagination is the only significant limit. Please provide a drawing, MOC, or -- at the very least -- a detailed description of your vehicle so that we can imagine it as well. (And keep it reasonable; no invincible motherships or planet-crushing dreadnoughts, please, for that would be god-modding. Of course, if we've seen fit to make you Elite, you're probably not the type to engage in god-modding anyway, so this may be moot.)NPCsYou have one primary character and you can have as many non-primary characters, or NPCs, as you want. These characters are not limited to the main classes of the Nexus Force or even the Nexus Force as a whole. An NPC can be a Nexus scientist or grunt of any faction. They could be a pirate or ninja who inhabits the worlds under the threat of the Maelstrom. Heck, you can even create cunning Stromling NPCs so you wish.MISSIONSOccasionally we will announce goals for Nexus Force. Elites may then, if they wish, organize operations within the framework of that goal as they see fit. These can be anything from a treasure hunt to a tactical hit-and-run operation to a story arc to develop the overarching plot of the RPG. You're by no means required to participate in any specific mission, or any missions at all, but the story will develop more richly the more players collaborate.When a mission begins, it will be listed here.SIGN UPFill out this form for your primary character to join the RPG. Feel free to start posting as soon as you can.

Name:Faction:Class:Skills:Background: (age, biographical info, personality, etc.)

DATABASE OF NEXUS FORCE SOLDIERS

BRIKMAN MCSTUDZName: Zachary VirchausFaction: ParadoxClass: Space MarauderSkills: Combat, Technology, Knowledge of the MaelstromBackground: Twenty-one years of age, lived much of his life on LEGO Island and a veteran of the Dino Attack war of 2010. Caring, witty, prone to black humor, can be somewhat irritably.REGGIEMIYAMOTO83Name: LinkFaction: SentinelsClass: KnightSkills: Swordplay, archery, quick-thinkingBackground: Grew up in Castle Cove. Strong, silent type. Doesn't talk much, leaving him to be very mysteriousAnd so on and so on...

PLOT SYNOPSIS

This RPG entered the planning stages. Then one of the guys was smacked with the banhammer. So the other guy enlisted a different guy to carry on the story. The different guy opened up a can out orange soda and shouted "Here, Here!"And thus the LEGO Universe RPG got past its first roadblock.Those two guys, through their procrastination and busy schedules, managed to post the RPG. The first mission involved those two guys leading this fight at this one place at that one time to beat those bad guys. They dun did good and the other guy got everybody chocolate milk because everybody loves chocolate milk. Unless you are one of those people.To be expanded...

Play well and save Imagination!

Regarding the Ninjago planet being off-limits, we figured that since Ninjago would be fantastic RPG fodder on its own, it would be best to avoid overlap.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I like Jackson Lake's idea, but I think that some people who once played LU would want something... well, fresh. Everyone who has played LU has battled the Mealstorm and fought for imagination, but where is the complexity, the twists, or the betrayals? If you ask me, allowing people to be on both sides allows for better plot. Also, if there were spies, a mealstorm operative could go assassinate someone like say, Duke Execeter. I think it would make a better play environment, because I was a summoner and could solo Butterscorch, or destroy droves of invader spiders. People on the other side of the conflict could make things more interesting. Any feedback or ideas?

Edited by sonyaxe

For what it's worth, I too like the LURPG.

Though, as sonyaxe said, it's almost too much like just a Text-based version of LU. It would be nice for at least some difference, whether it's just the addition of Stromling PCs or even an entire new world/drastically changed one.

Also, why just 1 PC?

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Oh, sorry. I forgot to specify. You could have up to 3 PCs (at least in my version), because I'm assuming there is no profiles pages. Also, I would like to finalize this quickly, so comments on my idea would REALLY be appreciated.

Edited by sonyaxe

Alright, since I am co-planning/running this RPG, let me see if I can provide adequate answers and/or comments. But I will say these suggestions and comments are appreciated.

I think that some people who once played LU would want something... well, fresh. Everyone who has played LU has battled the Mealstorm and fought for imagination, but where is the complexity, the twists, or the betrayals?

In my head, the plot will get more complex as time goes on, with twists and betrayals coming along with it. This is just the opening. But the Maelstrom will probably always be the "main" enemy of the RPG, even if it isn't the main enemy of a story arc or something.

But I think for the RPG, the Stromlings have become more cunning, ruthless, and intelligent. Still bent on destroying everything, but now more "interesting" to write about.

If you ask me, allowing people to be on both sides allows for better plot. Also, if there were spies, a mealstorm operative could go assassinate someone like say, Duke Execeter. I think it would make a better play environment, because I was a summoner and could solo Butterscorch, or destroy droves of invader spiders. People on the other side of the conflict could make things more interesting.

I have no problem imagining Stromlings infiltrating the Nexus Force; I had the scenario happen a previous RPG.

We have briefly gone over about playing as Stromlings, but decided to limit them to NPCs. We may change our minds at some point.

I think we're pretty solid on staying with "no killing official LEGO characters". I myself (don't know about Jackson), am rather hesitant with the idea. Yes, LEGO's canon is rather loose, but it would feel wrong to kill an actual character. Assassinating a high-ranking Nexus Force member of your creation wouldn't be a problem, however.

It would be nice for at least some difference, whether it's just the addition of Stromling PCs or even an entire new world/drastically changed one.

We do have ideas concerning "drastically changed worlds". Think the Maelstrom corrupting the property worlds on a larger scale. I was thinking of possibly adding the unreleased Castle related world, and there is always the possibility of adding new worlds if needed.

*various NPC and PC commentary*

The "Primary Character" is your main character that, at this moment, is apart of the Nexus Force. He/She's intended to be your number one character.

NPCs, in the case, refer to as "Non-Primary Character", simply put, characters that are not your primary character. At this point and time, they can take up Faction specialty roles or be scientists, guards, recruiters, etc. working for the faction (like the various Non-Playable Characters in LEGO Universe.) They also could be the pirates, ninjas, astronauts, knights, etc. that inhabit worlds like Gnarled Forest and Forbidden Valley. They can also be Stromlings of any type.

NPCs, while not your Primary Character, can be developed to be as complex or as interesting as your PC. I think what I'm getting at is that your Primary character is your "main" character and NPCs are "supporting cast" that you can give as much detail and thoughts to as Primary Character, only being that they are not your main character. You can still write from their point-of-view and so on.

Though as I write this, I may being willing to let Primary Characters have any role in a faction as long as they are apart of the Nexus Force and apart of a faction instead of limiting it to the Faction specialties.

I think I addressed everything so far, but keep the suggestions and comments coming.

This LURPG seems to take place in the same universe as the DARPG, given that Zach is in it. Would I be allowed to bring in XERRD, or just Dr. Cyborg?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

avmatoran- While I still hold to the position that "all Lego text-based RPGs take place in the same universe unless otherwise noted," I believe Brikman just listed Zach there as an example profile. We mentioned this once while brainstorming, and we'll both have brand new PCs.With that said, I might suggest avoiding overt references to other RPGs. Subtle references, yes; imported characters, sure, but directly mentioning groups or events tied specifically to another RPG...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Granted, allowing such references did gain the DARPG most of its early players, so it can't be all bad...Short answer, feel free to bring in Dr. Cyborg and UITech, since they aren't tied to any one game. As for XERRD...well, I'll get back to you on that once I've thought it over.sonyaxe- Like Brikman said, just because this starts out like a text-based version of the MMO doesn't mean it will stay that way. We have twists and betrayals aplenty up our sleeves -- it's just that it doesn't pay to give them away before the playing field is set. :)Regarding your own plan, I don't much like the idea of making half of Nexus Force evil. Especially since Venture is my favorite faction. :P Other than that it doesn't seem particularly problematic.So I think, with maybe a week's worth at the most of last-minute adjustments, Brikman and I could probably have our game up and running by the end of the year. I guess it'll just come down to whether the consensus favors our idea or sonyaxe's.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Well, just like you there are twists, tricks and other things in mine later, and also I understand why some want to just start with LU again. If you want, I'll pm you with what will happen to the Venture Leage ( I've got the entire RPG planned out already.) I just wanted to try something new in Lego Universe. Plus, tommorrow I'm posting the entire RPG post, not just the storyline, to review. Please comment on it tommorrow. P.S. If half the Nexus Force is evil, then you will not be able to just slaughter droves of stormlings. It adds a challenge, and the story/plot will be that much more interesting.thanks,-sonyaxePPS: this may just come to who finishes writing their RPG first. If mine comes through, whoever is writing or helping directly to write the other LURPG will get to have the warlord rank if they want (more on that tommorrow.)

Edited by sonyaxe

Don't forget, the players have say in it, too. For what it's worth, if it's not obvious by now, I support Brikman and Jackson's version.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Oh. My bad. I misinterpreted you, and, once again my vagueness strikes again. I thought I saw them say one year till release, and must have read it wrong. (facepalm, it said end of the year, not done in one year) And if mine doesn't work, I will give all my support to brikmans LURPG."I think we're pretty solid on staying with "no killing official LEGO characters". I myself (don't know about Jackson), am rather hesitant with the idea. Yes, LEGO's canon is rather loose, but it would feel wrong to kill an actual character. Assassinating a high-ranking Nexus Force member of your creation wouldn't be a problem, however." Please note, that was an example. Of course I won't assassinate the Duke, but since there are no players yet, I needed an example. Plus, the evil factions won't be stormlings, they will just be dark versions of themselves, a bit like what happened to Nia in Ninjago, just they won't be mad and incapable of rational thought. If this were ingame, then an imagination bar would be replaced with chaos energy, so still a minifig, just evil.

Edited by sonyaxe

This probably won't be happening any time soon, but would anyone be interested in a LEGO Amalgam RPG? In case you don't know, Amalgam is a massive crossover between Marvel and DC comics where all of the characters were combinations of other characters from both universes (Super-Soldier=Captain America+Superman, Green Skull=Lex Luthor+Red Skull, etc.). And yes, in case you're wondering, I'm planning on adding elements so it won't belong in COT. For example, vehicles and other things are made of LEGO bricks, and the characters are represented as actual minifigures. It would also take place in a completely different universe than the "normal" one, to avoid continuity clashing and stuff.

I actually have something of a draft written up, if anyone would like to see it.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

So I have revised my RPG a bit, and also the class system. I have added the rules, and a ranking system.

Near the end of the Mealstorm war, the forces of chaos had been forced back to Crux Prime, and victory was all but certain for the mini figures. But it was not meant to be... The beginning of the end was a meeting between the four leaders of the Nexus force, over the subject of what to do after beating the Mealstorm. All was going well, until radio chatter blared from the command radio. "Bzzzt... Mayday! Mayday! The Mealstorm has released a secret weapon! Our troops are turning into Mealstorm, and not even our purifiers can stop it! It can come through radios, and has infected half of our forces already!" Vanda Darkflame and Heal Storm both jumped up and reached to turn off the radio, when a cloud of purple gas sprayed them from the radio! They had crushed the radio, but they had turned into evil versions of themselves, along with everyone in their factions due to their telepathic link with them. Dr. Overbuild teleported himself and Execeter and all their forces to the Nexus Tower,(nearly disassembling himself in the process) and watched as most parts of all the worlds they had fought so hard for were lost, except for Nexus Tower and Ninjago, which was cut off forever. This is where all of you come in. Will you fight for the Mealstorm, or against it? Choose which faction youll fight for. Paradox and Venture League are evil, Sentenials and Assembly are good. It is advised that if you had an LU account, to create your character at rank 1. Within each faction, you can beAssembly-Engineers- the main work force of the Assembly. These specialists excel at building and object control, making them ideal support units for any battle team. Their aptitude for Armor repair further increases their worth. Engineers use their imagination powers to build turrets, use advanced technology to magnify enemies, build robots and even construct Personal Fortresses.Summoners- the wizards within the Assembly. These mystics use the power of Imagination to summon helpful creatures under their control. Summoners utilize their creatures and abilities more to aid their allies than for personal combat. Given the Summoners powerful conjurations and abilities their creatures spread around the whole battle area giving them the ability to almost be in more than one place at the same time. Summoners can summon a variety of creatures and conjurations to assist them and their friends in battle. Summoners fight mostly through their creatures as their weapons dont do as much damage as most others would do, but what they lack in divine battle they make up for in their magic creatures and conjurations.The Inventor- the shock trooper of the Assembly; most of its abilities are for attack rather than healing or shielding. The Inventor is the first and only Assembly Faction kit to have ranged attack instead of melee like the Engineer and the Summoner.Factions-Sentenials-Knights- brave and noble warriors who have taken an oath to defend the innocent from the Maelstrom. Their determination and armor make knights virtual walls. The Sentinel Knight possesses the strongest defense of all the Factions, though its adequate offensive abilities still classify it as an off tank.Samurai- seasoned fighters who attack any who threaten their way of life. Whereas Knights use their thick armor and determination to protect others, the Samurai of the Sentinels use their strength and superior weapons to take the fight to the Maelstrom.Space Ranger- Unlike the other Sentinel faction kits that are best against single enemies, the Space Ranger has massive area of effect abilities and splash damage, making it more effective against swarms of weaker enemies. It is an off tank unlike the rest of the Sentinel kits and can take plenty of damage with its 16 armor, damage block, and damage reduction when it runs out of armor.Paradox-Space Marauder- the shock trooper of Paradox. These soldiers wield Maelstrom-fueled weapons and excel at repelling large numbers of Stromlings.Sorcerers- the arcane magicians of Paradox. These wizards use dark magic to turn the power of the Maelstrom against itself, and harness its energies for the purposes of the Nexus Force. Devotion to these arts leaves the Sorcerer lacking in physical prowess.Shinobi- the first Paradox kit to have melee weapons instead of long-ranged weapons, like the Sorcerer and Space Marauder.Venture League-Daredevils- warriors that embody Venture League's philosophy of plunging into the unknown and facing whatever they find head-on. Whereas Buccaneers are focused around evasion and disorientation, Daredevils emphasize spreading and maximizing damage to large numbers of enemies. This class is exempt from the no guns rule, you can use two pistols.Buccaneers- these interstellar pirates use their skills to scour the LEGO Universe for items that can help in the battle against the Maelstrom. In battle, these warriors focus on using their skills and abilities to evade and confuse enemies. Compared to Daredevils, fully powered Buccaneers trade one point of armor for one point of imagination.Adventurer- the first kit in the Venture League faction to have single-handed weapons, unlike the Daredevil and Buccaneer. They are a mainly support role, as they can restore health and give small speed boosts.Ranks-Soldier: This rank consists of new players. They are what you start out as. They can only use their class specific abilities. You can only have one character. If you do something amazing and/or play your character well or make ten good sized, helpful posts, you will rank up to...Officer: These players can command a squad of 3 other NPCs. They can only use their class specific abilities. They can have two characters. Once every month, I may choose one officer on merit to rank up to...Warlord: This is the highest rank a player can get, and have been infused with the power of pure imagination. They can create walls, vehicles, and castles for others out of Lego bricks. (basically like the Green Lantern). They can lead a squad of 8 npcs.Within each rank, faction and class is a...Specilization-Infantry: Heavy armor, heavy weapons.Scout: Fast, hard to hit, light weapons, medium armor, fades into background when still.Spy: Can infiltrate the opposing team and assassinate others. Very light armor, fades into background when still.The rules below are pretty much copied from the Dino Attack RPG and the Alien Invasion RPG. As such, I am giving credit for making them to PeabodySam and avmatoran.RULESRules are important to the survival of this RPG. Breaking them will result in penalties depending on which rule and how severely it was broken.1. All BZP rules are in effect here. This means no spamming, no flaming, etc.2. Use "IC" when In Character (describing what your character is doing in-universe) and "OOC" when Out Of Character (to talk and discuss with other BZP members). This way, it is less confusing for other members to read your posts.3. Keep violent descriptions down to minimal. Instead of typing "IC: He stabbed the Stormling just for fun, and laughed as he saw its guts spill out onto the street!", write "IC: He stabbed the stormling with his sword, whose life came to an abrupt end."4. Do not kill other players' characters without their consent.GUIDELINESGuidelines are like the rules. However, breaking of the guidelines only results in a warning.1. Instead of adding more PMs to our inbox, if you've got something you want to tell me about this RPG, do so in your post. Thats why the "OOC" part of the post exists.2. Do not kill official LEGO Characters. It's alright if you kill your own made-up characters, but if Pepper Roni or Captain Redbeard dies, I'm going to ask you to change your post.3. Please know that at times I can be extremely busy and cannot always attend this RPG. 4. Do not PM your profile to me. Post it here instead.5. If possible, make your posts medium-length. Epics are not required for each post, but posts with one or two in-character sentences don't add much to the RPG. This RPG tries to see how well you and other members can interact and take control of the story; while this can be achieved through short posts, it take far less time with medium-length posts.6. Keep interaction with other LEGO themes down to minimal. It's alright if your character has a conversation with Pepper Roni and Captain Redbeard, but if scores of Space Police begin to show up, it would get ridiculous.7. No G-Modding. If your character leaps across a fifty-mile canyon, or defeats two hundred Spiderlings single-handedly without breaking a sweat, that's G-Modding. Don't do it. It makes the RPG less challenging.7a. There appears to be a bit of confusion over the term 'G-Modding'. In this context, 'G-Modding' refers to giving your character ridiculous abilities. Apparently, another definition of 'G-Modding' is controlling other people's characters.Sign-up form- If you would like to join, you can use this blank sign-up form to make your character.Name:Age (of character):

Faction (ie Sentenials):Class (ie Knight):Specialization (ie soldier):

Appearance:

Weapons (ie sword/shield, no guns):

Backstory (At least two sentences):

Please review so I can figure out what to fix.

Edited by sonyaxe

avmatoran- While I still hold to the position that "all Lego text-based RPGs take place in the same universe unless otherwise noted," I believe Brikman just listed Zach there as an example profile. We mentioned this once while brainstorming, and we'll both have brand new PCs.With that said, I might suggest avoiding overt references to other RPGs. Subtle references, yes; imported characters, sure, but directly mentioning groups or events tied specifically to another RPG...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Granted, allowing such references did gain the DARPG most of its early players, so it can't be all bad...Short answer, feel free to bring in Dr. Cyborg and UITech, since they aren't tied to any one game. As for XERRD...well, I'll get back to you on that once I've thought it over.

[endquote] I thought I'd chime in here, with some other historical perspective: DA was written deliberately to be set in the same universe as MDF- or more specifically, PeabodySam used everything he'd come up with MDF to get DA up and running. The return of familiar characters (PBB, Frozeen, etc.) made it obvious the two RPGs were in the same universe, so it was natural for other people to import things as well. This only worked though because Victor Draven was long gone, and so wasn't in a position to do anything with MDF that contradicted what was being done in DA. Also, I don't really know whether he had planned any kind of overall arc for MDF at all- I suspect he hadn't. Then again, I could have said the same about the DA up till about page 40 or 50 or so. But the point is that after not too long a time most of the canon in MDF was written by Kotua, CoKK, PeabodySam, and probably a few other people whose names I can't remember anymore. So it was natural for DA to continue their work. What I think I'm getting at here is- if this is an RPG being run by a lot of ex-DA veterans, it's natural to pull a lot of canon from DA and set this in that world. On the other hand; you may only want to pull things that you yourself came up with or had a large hand in developing.But I don't know that this is something that should be done in general, because if someone new starts an RPG and has their own ideas for a story, they may not explicitly say their RPG is not in the same universe of some RPG they never played, and while at first it probably won't make a difference eventually it might. It's better to say "all RPGs written by the same people (broadly) are set in the same universe unless otherwise noted", I think.Alternatively, you could always do what we used to do- which was not worry about it and reference whatever. :P Though this ended with the whole "portals to Metru Nui" thing so maybe that's a really bad idea...