LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

I suppose my first question goes out to everyone:

Which Lego lines would you be interested in seeing/playing as in a Lego Dimensions RPG?

Right now I have four decided on: Alpha Team, Knights Kingdom II, Nexo Knights, and Ninjago. I have plans to introduce The Lego Movie later on, as well as other lines, as the story progresses.

Galidor

I would like to see Doctor Who in a prospective Lego Dimensions movie

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I suppose my first question goes out to everyone:

Which Lego lines would you be interested in seeing/playing as in a Lego Dimensions RPG?

Right now I have four decided on: Alpha Team, Knights Kingdom II, Nexo Knights, and Ninjago. I have plans to introduce The Lego Movie later on, as well as other lines, as the story progresses.

Galidor

Yes. Let us invite Sumiki and Team Farm Animals. 

Alright, so here's what I have so far. It's rather disjointed, and nothing anywhere near satisfactory, but I figured a small update on progress would be good nonetheless.

Themes to Start:

1. Alpha Team: The main story of the RPG will be taking place in this line's universe. This allows for lines such as Lego Island, Adventurers, Mars Mission, Rock Raiders, and even Knights Kingdom II to all take place in the same world, which will help to simplify the process of adding in new lines.

2. Ninjago: This one is simple enough. It's an ongoing (and popular) line, with a very large cast of characters to pull from.

3. Nexo Knights: A brand new line being released in 2016. This leaves it as something of a blank slate to work with, giving us a world that we could technically build our own backstory for.

4. Adventurers: As stated before, this can easily take place in the same world as Alpha Team. All of the sub-themes of Adventurers would be included, giving us access to the entire cast of Johnny Thunder and crew.

5. Knights Kingdom II: Lord Vladek is apparently Ogel's ancestor, so as such, this line won't really be available at the start so much as it'll already be canon as part of the history of the world. I'll get back to this more in a bit.

Themes to Add:

Something to note here is that I'm not certain yet on how we would go about adding new lines. The method is obvious (it's Lego Dimensions, so we can just toss a portal in), but each line that is added will need an in-story purpose for having joined in. This will be more easily decided as I actually plan out an overall story for the RPG. A few of these are lines that I feel would be natural to add at some point, while others are the ones that have been requested here. The numbering does not indicate any sort of planned order; it's just the order in which I thought of them (or they were suggested).

1. The Lego Movie

2. Portal

3. Doctor Who (still unsure about this one, since messing with time travel will get really messy really fast)

4. Galidor (ew)

5. Rock Raiders

6. Power Miners

7. Mars Mission

8. Lego Island

9. Fabuland (even if the suggestion wasn't serious)

Players:

My current plan is that you can either make a brand new character of your own, OR select a canon character. As long as someone else isn't already using that canon character (or I haven't claimed them for some purpose or another) you'd be good to go. With canon characters, however, you would obviously need to stick as closely as possible to their actual personalities and such.

I don't plan to restrict too many characters; mainly a few of the villains and the odd protagonist here or there.

Profile:

This is very generalized, and might need to be altered. But the one I have so far would theoretically work for any character, regardless of the world/theme they come from.

Name: [Name of the Character]

Species & Gender: [self-Explanatory]

Theme: [Which Lego Line are they from?]

Equipment: [Any tools/weaponry or other special things]

Bio: [Personality, History, etcetera. If playing a canon character, keep as close to canon as possible.]

Plot:

The plot I have so far is that Ogel plans to resurrect his ancestor, the evil Lord Vladek, and Alpha Team is obviously trying to stop him. Knowing from their past confrontations that Alpha Team has him hopelessly outmatched, Ogel opens up portals to a few different worlds (Ninjago and Nexo Knights to start), hiring a few of the villains from those worlds to help him with his plans. While working together, they will cook up another much larger plot; I haven't gotten to thinking this plot out very much.

---

So yeah, that's what I have so far. As you can see, it's extremely rough, and nowhere near ready. I welcome any advice or feedback on what's here so far while I continue planning this out!

• Upvote 2

This sounds way cool!

I say that if we include Doctor Who (which I'm all for,) we exclude any Timelords as player characters.Ditto god-like entities such as Omega or the Celestial Toymaker.

Fabuland gets my vote, too.

Let's see, what else is there?

Chima seems intuitive, though I'm not adamant on it being included, especially if you do Fabuland.
How 'bout some Classic Space? Insectoids (the intended nemeses of Rock Raiders, at one point,) UFO, Roboforce, Blacktron, Space Police (in any or all of its iterations,) Life on Mars (not the TV series!) Futuron, and others that elude me.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, there's Robin Hood (Foresters, I think the theme was called,) Cowboys, and Aquazone (and its related themes.)

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

We have to put a classic into this RPG, Lego Island gets my vote. I also would love to see Insectoids, UFO & Life on Mars. Although if we get too many space themes, I'm happy to go with Chima or the Wild West.

I also have a question: If we start with a fanmade character in Alpha Team, then switch over to Ninjago, do we get to take our equipment or do we have to start from scratch when entering the new theme?

*SNIP*

I'm interested in this RPG.

Edited by Arnold Schwarzenegger

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

At the moment, I don't plan to switch worlds. Staying in the same world will simplify things and reduce player spread.

E: Although if we do switch worlds... well, keep in mind I'm still extremely early in the earliest of planning stages so this might not be accurate in the future, but ATM I would probably allow us to keep some/most of the equipment? And if not, there would be reasons why. It all depends on factors that I haven't even considered yet, because I'm nowhere near that far in planning this thing :P

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Mixels RPG

Because I can't think of a better title right now.

Story:

WIP. I may make this have some ability to affect the game, but we'll see.

Basic gist:

Hey, your home has been totally ravaged to a near-desolate wasteland by the Nixels. Bummer. But, all of the Nixels have been defeated, and peace has finally returned...

Well... Maybe. Nixels are still out there; most are villainous, but some are good.

Mixel/Nixel Anatomy:

Mixels and Nixels are considered (through various references from Lego.com and the Mixels wikia) to be (up to some point) bio-mechanical. Nixels in this RPG are given the same physical qualities that Mixels can have. However, they can have only one element. They will also be considered to have Matoran-level intelligence.

Cubits:

Cubits are not the objects you see in the cartoon; they are elemental devices used to create a mix or a max. When the Mixels interact in a way to create a mix or max, a Cubit is formed and part of it stays within the Mixel. This allows the Mixels, after forming once with each other, to form whenever they want. Note, they can only form if they are all emotionally connected; strangers or enemies will only create a Murp. And if two Mixels have parts of a Cubit but have never formed with each other, they will have to go through the initial forming process before being able to form afterwards.

Mix, Max and Murp:

Two Mixels forming will make a Mix; a Mixel Kaita that houses both beings with one in control. It contains the elemental abilities of both. With a Max, it requires three Mixels of the same element and enhances their previous abilities/strength to much greater levels.

A Murp, however, is not something easily undoable. If two or Mixels form with one or more of the party not wishing to participate/being unfamiliar, it creates a Murp; a terrible mutation that gives the Mixels limited abilities and poor physical strength.

Elements and Abilities:

These are the elemental abilities harnessed by the Mixels. Please keep in mind that looking for reference on the wikia on this particular subject is not recommended, as information has been altered directly from the material and has little reference to be found. A Mixel's colour depends on its elemental ability as well. 'Resistance' in this list indicates immediate damage would not occur, but under prolonged exposure damage would occur.

Fire: The Mixel would be red. Is able to create quick blasts of fire and is resistant to fire as well.

Stone: The Mixel would be grey/gold. Is able to mildly control stone to form such things as hands, walls, pillars, etc.

Electricity: The Mixel would be yellow. Is able to conduct electricity and launch bolts at opponents and is resistant to electrical damage as well.

Ice: The Mixel would be blue. Is able to freeze objects over through its hands and is resistant to freezing effects as well.

Elasticity: The Mixel would be orange with hints of black. Is able to stretch its limbs/body for whatever purpose.

Acid: The Mixel would be green. Is able to produce large quantities of acid to fling at opponents and are completely immune to acid.

Light: The Mixel would be very dark blue/black with wings. Is able to fly with no limitations and can concentrate light energy into blasts or make themselves glow.

Nixels: Nixels are almost always villainous, but a select few are good. These are specially handed out through GM permission. Nixels are black and can have any attributes Mixels do. They have control over shadow, letting them fire blasts off of it and darken areas around themselves. Are rather weak to light.

Kingdoms:

We'll delve more here later.

The main kingdoms are: the region of frost and the stone castle. They can be found in the snowdrifts and the mountains.

Areas:

Yes, I'm editing this at 2 in the morning. I'll come back and say more later.

Special Stuff:

Later.

So, aside from what I was clearly too tired to fix, what do you think? I feel like I should add to Nixels to make them feel less like just a special power.

So, while trying to rest off a virus the last few days, mind started turning over the basis of an RPG based off the various Lego Space themes, thought I'd put what I've got here see if I could drum up interest, tips and staff. 

Current working title is "The Moons of Meggido". We are at some point in the far future (dates measured in AFC, After First Contact, to keep it deliberately vague how far) where humanity has spread out among the stars, forming a commonwealth with a few alien species they have run into (most notably the Martians). The large territories and advanced technology they have make them a powerhouse in the galaxy, one of three big players with the other two being the UFOs and the Insectoids. I've got a more in-depth chronicle of events, if you don't care that much just skip past the purple text.

Early attempts at exploration beyond Earth's orbit lead to first efforts to colonise Mars. To everyone's surprise, the settlers run into not one but two extraterrestrial species; the native inhabitants (known simply as Martians) and race of invaders (dubbed 'Tharks'). It didn't take humanity long to be drawn into the conflict, and Humans and Martians together drove the Tharks from the planet. With the First Contact War acting as a catalyst to increase technological development, and whole new advancements from Martian science, humans start spreading out into the stars at a greatly accelerated rate, looking for new worlds and new homes.

While starting to expand beyond the Sol system, the next alien race encountered is unfortunately another hostile one; the Bugs. The war against them and their horrific biotech drags on until they're finally beaten and driven far from human territory. Other races are encountered, but because of the leaps and bounds humans have made with everything they've been through, they're actually technologically superior to these races and absorb them into the growing Commonwealth. Technically these aliens are citizens with rights equal to any human or martian, but its not unusual to see far flung colonies that don't quite follow those ideals. Xenophobia is a hard habit to drop, more so when you've already had two wars against extratrerrestrials.

On that note, the Tharks are back and they've brought friends. A powerful race, the Yuu'Ef, have their own coalition of races, though its very much a case of the Yuu'Ef being in charge. The Tharks joined up in exchange for Yuu'Ef-assisted retribution on mankind. But after a few skirmishes the Yuu'Ef decide that any victory over the Commonwealth would be far too costly, especially when only the pride of one race is at stake. They form a truce and open up diplomatic channels with humanity, the two nations becoming not exactly friends and allies but just neighbours with grudging respect.

The age that follows is often thought of a golden age for humans, with further expansions and scientific advancements, and only a few messy secessions of distant colony worlds to mar the times. Which is why things get a little panicky when the Bugs are encountered again. Only they're much different from the last time, their shortened lifespans pushing them through evolution faster. Calling themselves Insectoids they're more humanoid now in appearance and mindset, and no longer want to consume all in their path. They're not interested in another defeat and quickly offer terms of peace. Humanity is wary, but accepts, also not interested in another war.

This brings us more or less up to the present day, where a joint venture has been proposed to try and cement the alliances between the three galactic nations. The remote gas giant known as Meggido was colonised centuries back by humanity, with outposts and crude mining operations set up on its five moons (Thutmose, Tiglath-Pileser, Necho, Josiah, Allenby) but was abandoned after it became too high a risk during the Bug War. The Insectoids have made a gesture of goodwill and good faith and offered to help restore human interests in that system. Given that Meggido has picked up six more moons (Schumacher, Watzinger, Fisher, Yadin, Ussishkin, Finkelstein) which could hold many more resources and worthwhile investments, and the risk of attack has now gone, humanity has jumped at the chance. The expedition to the moons of Meggido begins...

Hello those of you who read through my verbal outpourings, or to those of you who skipped through it. Long story short, humans have teamed up with a race that used to be enemies but are now trying peace to go explore and colonise the moons of a gas giant called Meggido. Humanity used to have stuff on five of the moons, but it had to be abandoned during the war with those enemies-who-aren't-enemies-any-more. They're interested in taking it back, not to mention seeing whats up on the brand new moons that the planet has stolen during the centuries humanity has been away. The other guys want to cement the peace while probably also setting up their own stuff on the moons. 

Kind of torn on exactly how I want to the RPG to go. First thought is make it more or less open world, with some sort of central hub on one of the moons and the players heading off to have adventures on the others. But another part of me wants it a bit more tightly-knit and story-focused. Stick to one moon, one permanent base set up on it with one mobile Arachno-Base to go exploring and have away missions. And I did quite like the mechanic the proposed Star Trek RPG over in OTC suggested, where players submit and vote for the stories they want to see, meaning less of a focus on GM characters to drive everything. I dunno, any thoughts and opinions from the community?

That sounds pretty kewl.

I say that if we include Doctor Who (which I'm all for,) we exclude any Timelords as player characters.

Ah...Timelords are cool...ah well, I would suggest just banning time travel, rather than Timelords. Or both, both could work.

@Mixels

I just learned about new Lego franchise. Your RPG and franchise itself seem like simplified Bionicle. That doesn't make it bad! It is quite the opposite, actually. Or at least has potential to be. Right now, it is just rough idea of using franchise. We got Mixels, Nixels, Mix, Max, Murp, elements... and what now? Right now, it feels like RPG about war between Mixels and Nixels, both being playable characters. So you should give Nixels more... more everything. Also, they seem like Matoran, compared to Mixels.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

@Mixels

I just learned about new Lego franchise. Your RPG and franchise itself seem like simplified Bionicle. That doesn't make it bad! It is quite the opposite, actually. Or at least has potential to be. Right now, it is just rough idea of using franchise. We got Mixels, Nixels, Mix, Max, Murp, elements... and what now? Right now, it feels like RPG about war between Mixels and Nixels, both being playable characters. So you should give Nixels more... more everything. Also, they seem like Matoran, compared to Mixels.

Sorry if it does.

Coming soon: Plot.

In comparison, considering they have shadow, they are slightly different from Mixels, but not as low as Matoran.

I say that if we include Doctor Who (which I'm all for,) we exclude any Timelords as player characters.

Ah...Timelords are cool...ah well, I would suggest just banning time travel, rather than Timelords. Or both, both could work.

Even without time travel, Timelords are OP. You could take the amnesiac Eighth Doctor from the "Caught on Earth" arc, and he'd still be an ultra-powerful character. If you did play as a Timelord, he'd have to be on his final incarnation, and even then, I have my doubts. I suppose if your character was someone like Runcible, from the Deadly Assassin, it would be more reasonable, but even then...

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

LEGO DIMENSIONS RPG PROGRESS REPORT #2

LEGO DIMENSIONS RPG INTRO

[insert Intro Here]

-something something about portals connecting worlds

-your standard villain intro where Ogel shall conveniently hint at his plans

-standard OOC RPG briefing

CURRENT THEMES

1-Alpha Team – Consists of Ogel & his Skeleton Drone forces, as well as Alpha Team itself, a high-tech collection of highly trained agents dedicated to stopping Ogel before he can take over (or destroy) the world. Designated as “World-1”.

Sub-themes: Mission Deep Sea, Mission Deep Freeze

2-Ninjago – Consists of Sensei Wu’s Ninjas and a wide variety of other species and alliances; some fight for good, some fight for evil, and some fight for something in between (and some try not to fight at all). Designated as “World-2”.

3-Nexo Knights – A technologically advanced world stuck in the Middle Ages, threatened by the evil wizard Jestro. Designated as “World-3”.

4-Adventurers – Based in World-1. Focused on the explorations & adventures of one Johnny Thunder, and his struggles against the villainous Sam Sinister.

Sub-themes: Egypt, Jungle, Dino Island, Orient Expedition

MISSIONS

The RPG will work based upon a mission structure; these missions will focus, expand, and develop the main plotline. The current main locations of the RPG will be updated with each new mission.

If you do not wish to participate in a mission, that is perfectly fine; there will always be something to do at each base, and side-quests are possible as well.

Players can contact me if they would like to try running a mission; if we can make everything work with the rest of the RPG, then player-run missions are possible.

Mission #1: TBD; will integrate with Adventurers line

LOCATIONS

1-Alpha Team HQ

2-Ogel HQ

3-First Mission Key Locales

In this RPG, you may play as either your own original characters or canon characters (characters that already officially exist in that line) from any of the four themes, as long as that canon character is not already in use by another player or staff. More themes shall be added to the RPG as time passes and the story progresses.

Canon: [is this character canon, or your own creation?]

Species: [self-Explanatory]

Theme/World: [Which Lego Line are they from?]

Allegiance: [Does your character work for Ogel or for Alpha Team?]

Bio: [Personality, Gender, History, etcetera. If playing a canon character, keep as close to canon as possible.]

STAFF NPCS

1-Dash Justice

2-Ogel

3-Jestro

4-Ninjago Villain (TBD)

5-Possibly a few others; still undecided at this time

RULES

(currently shamelessly copied & minimally altered from HF RPG, will be further modified later)

1-All BZPower and Lego RPG rules apply. No GModding, bunnying without permission, autohitting, or other RPG ills. Tennising is OK for the most part – with our small player base, two characters or players interacting with each other is fine. However, if a third character or player enters the situation, please acknowledge their interaction as well – that’s just common courtesy.
2-Powers involving food – i.e. donuts, cake, pie, ice cream, or other similar edibles are not allowed. (still working on figuring out powers, since certain themes include them and others do not)
3-Unless indicated otherwise, I am the gamemaster of yonder RPG. If you have a problem with one of my decisions, please take it to a PM to avoid disrupting the interaction. Unless I indicate otherwise, all decisions are final.
4-Please use IC and OOC for your posts.
5-Please respect all decisions made by your fellow members in their choices of interaction. Unless it falls under rule #1, taking issue is a waste of space. If you must, take it to a PM.
6- Please respect all decisions made/warnings made by the Lego RPG staff.

REQUESTING FEEDBACK FOR:

1-Starting Themes. Does this selection look satisfactory? Should we have a fifth theme to start?

2-Mission Structure. Do you think this will work for the RPG? Do you feel like player-run missions will work?

3-Locations. Are there any locations you feel should remain constant aside from Alpha Team & Ogel HQ?

4-Profile. Does anything not fit? Is anything missing? Should powers be allowed, or no?

5-Rules. Any recommendations?

6-Anything else that you wish to give feedback for because I’ve probably missed many things so far

---

So yeah. Thoughts so far??

This is still very, very far from completion and I haven't given too much thought to the overall "plot" of the RPG; I'll plan that out more once I've finalized how the RPG will work & function first.

• Upvote 1

The "player-run mission" idea didn't work in Bionifight that well, so I'm not sure that they would work here. The players just don't have the investment in the success or failure of the RPG that the GM does, so they tend to lag. 

Also, the link in your sig is broken. It appears to link to the HF RPG somehow in a really roundabout way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Writing RPG is really overwhelming for me, so many parts are incomplete. If you would like to help me in any (any!) way, you can PM me.

Space RPG

Lore

Decades passed since first people landed on Luna. What was once called home was now a wasteland, destructed by excesive industry, mining and wars. Last chunks of resources were focused on life out there. Mankind built dozen of huge colonies in orbit, farming their crops, using solar power, recycling their waste and trading with each other. But only quater of people got chance to get off the surface. Colonies were only one part of bigger plan. Tenth of all colonists were chosen for a bigger journey. Destination was Renema, gas giant in outer solar system.

Renema system consisted of giant itself and twenty different moons. One of them was different. Merky not only had breathable atmosphere. Temperatures were similar to those of Earth. There was rich fauna and flora. When first group landed, they were speechless. They found second Earth, new home for thousands of people. Most people landed and created cities. Knowing, that they won't most likely get second chance, they used resources of Merky smartly. Small fraction of flora was rendered edible and was farmed for food. Nearly everything people built was recyclable.

But nothing lasts forever. Some people, later called Blacktron, complained about peaceful life. They found recycling everything and eating herbs boring. They tried to take over Merky, but unsuccesfully. In secret, they worked on a new plan. They created new ship. This time, destination was Greon, second gas giant of solar system. For Blacktron however, Greon system was huge disappointment. Moon, that was closest to Merky, was called just Icy. Atmosphere needed filtration, because of ammonia and methan in it. Surface was of ice and rock. Equatorial temperature was always below 250 Kelvin. That was during the day.

Blacktron lived like that for decades and they adapted to Icy's harsh conditions. One day however, something terible happened, wiping out half of population. This event was called 'Deep freezing'. Sun came into eclipse of Greon itself and lasted over 100 hours. Blacktron always had a grudge against Merkians, called Futuron by themselves. They blamed Futuron for their terible life on Icy. This was the last straw. They mobilized all their forces and are planning return to Renema system to take control of it.

Futuron were however cautious ever since Blacktron left their system. They even built an army and placed ships in orbit of various moons of Renema, ready for possible return of Blacktron. Small fractions consisting both of Futuron and Blacktron people also departed, exploring rest of solar system or trading with Colonists back on Earth orbit.

War

War is just at its start. Most of Blacktron's ships, weapons and men are ready. Fuel is near to ready and everybody is waiting for army general to give orders.

Futuron on the other side takes time to prepare. Right now, it is mobilizing at least half of its population, producing last ships and loading fuel. Most of them are ready around Merky, but every other moon has lot of them too (especially moons that are important strategically, eg. March, which is main source of xenon).

Of course, life continues on moons. Farmers on Merky and Icy have to obtain food, miners on March have to mine xenon (even more than normal) etc. People like ship and weapon engineers or traders are all playable characters of both main factions. Exploriens don't participate in war at all. After all, half of them separated from their factions in last 5 years, when relations of Futuron and Blacktron begun to strain. They might however visit Renema or rarely Greon system, trading resources that are rare in systems or not found there at all.

Factions

Futuron

Futuron is considered the good side, native to Renema system. Their home moon is Merky, but some live in colonies on other moons. They haven't done anything and have to face Blacktron in war.

Blacktron

Blacktron is recognized as badies and control more hostile system of Greon. Most of Blacktron people live on Icy, but other moons of Greon have more minerals. Their grudge against Futuron caused the war.

Not every member of Blacktron wants war. Most of current members are children of founders. Some of them are exploring system. Some may be trying to find better ways to create air or way to terraform Icy.

Exploriens

Exploriens are neutral party, finding their home everywhere outside of Renema and Greon system. They aren't organised as whole. Some of them became pirates of space, assaulting lone ships and stealing everything they got.

Colonists

They are living in orbit of Earth. They are more or less passive and are trading with others. Some may however travel and become member of any other faction. Their life is however rather boring, harvesting crops and trading with Exploriens. Roughly quarter of people left colonies, searching for more interesting life either as Explorien, memeber of Blacktron or member of Futuron. They are also meant to be NPCs.

Commodities

Here is list of most commonly traded resources. Exchange rates are different for each planet and trader, depending on place. Eg. on planet where methane is mined, it has lower price. Gases are measured in tanks (t).

Rubies and diamonds are accepted through whole system and are only thing that is worth something everywhere. They are closest to actual space currency. 10 rubies = 1 diamond

Iron bricks are used most on Cermery and Tronic, but are accepted on Earth as well. 10 iron bricks = 1 ruby

Steel bricks are created by processing iron bricks in electric furnaces. They are important part of ships. 7 steel bricks = 1 ruby

Methane and ethane usually aren't accepted by Futuron, but are incredibly valued by Blacktron. 5t methane = 1 ruby; 7t ethane = 1 diamond (1t methane = 3.5t ethane)

Argon and xenon are very important for Futuron, but totally useless for Blacktron. 1t argon = 1 ruby; 1t xenon = 1 diamond (10t argon = 1t xenon)

Gold bricks make up components of ion engines and are found uncommonly.  2 gold bricks = 1 ruby.

Purple bricks have many forms and only pure are really purple. By electrical currents of different voltages and wattages, they can change color and toughness. Their weight is comparable to wood. Toughness of pure ones is stone-like and can change to metallic. Metallic bricks are always of dark gray color. Only known source of purple bricks is Tronic. 20 pure bricks = 1 ruby; 12 colored bricks = 1 ruby; 5 metallic bricks = 1 ruby

Ships

Ships are logical way to travel across space. Having ship is not like having a gun. Ship is your most valuable thing, your way to get to surface and back and basically your key to solar system.

To create ship, you must cosider many things such as what is your character's role: if he is a pilot of fighter craft, he needs light agile ship with powerful thrust for sudden turns and escaping. If he is a trader, he needs heavier small to medium sized ship with huge cargo and efficient engine for carrying everything. As your starting craft, you have to choose a light ship, or join with other player to create medium ship for two or three people (latter needs approval). Later you can create ships of any sizes, that is, if you get enough resource to make one.

Small ship - lightly armed and agile, those ships are either one passenger ship for intermoonary travel or light fighters (either orbital or atmospherical). They can't be used for interplanetary travel, as they would have enough fuel for that and would make easy targets for pirates. Smallest models need about 500 steel bricks, biggest about 1500 steel bricks. Other materials like glass are matter of common sense. Sufficient methane engine is made up by 30 metallic purple bricks and argon engine is made of 20 metallic purple bricks and 6 gold bricks.

Medium ship - Pending

Large ship - Pending

Station - Pending

Weapons

There are two very basic groups of weapons, both used quite commonly.

Optical - Basically lasers. They require only electricity to run, but consume it in large amounts. For smaller fighters, optical weapons might be bad choice, especially for ships with Ion engines, which are electricity-hungry as well. In case of having enough electricity, lasers are supreme weapons. They require precise aiming skills, but doesn't need leading of target. Less used type of optical weapon is "continuous beamed optical weapon". This type shoots much less powerful laser, which does damage only if you hold aim at one place for longer time. Some optical weapons may switch between this and classic mode.

Physical - Everything that isn't optical weapon belongs here. There are many kinds of physical weapons, including rockets, missiles, mines, bullets and so. Big disadvantage of physical weapons is ammo.

Bullet weapons are now mostly replaced by optical weapons. They are quite noisy, as speed of shot missiles is enormal. Leading of target is required, but if hit, they do pretty high damage.

Rockets are favorite weapon of Blacktron. It's deadly aspect is automatic target seeking. This seeking is more effective against ships with reaction engines.

Missiles are effective against ground targets or against slow ships. They are huge and damage they do is devastating. Only medium or larger ships can carry them.

Mines are usually scattered across the battlefield. They must be placed carefully and are usually marked on allied maps.

Engines

Ion engines are used by Futuron as they are more ecological than other types. Electricity is used to heat up gases to extreme temperatures. Rest is Newton's third law.

Argon is used in transport ships. It is required less for achieving high thrust, but amount of electricity is higher. Because of that, argon is commonly combined with nuclear reactor. It is only practical way of interplanetary travel for ion engines. Note that argon is more pricey as well.

Xenon is intended for landers, orbital fighters and less conventionally between moons of same planetary system. It is consumed at higher rate than Argon, but solar panels are sufficient for ionizing it.

Reaction engines aren't anywhere near ecological. They are used by Blacktron for all of their ships. Their usage is generally prohibited in Renema system.

Methane is usually used in smaller crafts. It is less stable and more likely to explode if stored in larger amounts.

Ethane + H2 - This fuel is known to be more efficient for larger engines and more stable. Comonly called EH2 or just Ethane.

Other than those engines are rather experimental or used on specific places. They might not as well be accepted by GM.

Plasma engine - Uses electricity to heat up N2 or O2 to extreme temperatures. Practically usable only on planets with pure N2 or pure O2 atmosphere.

Propeller engine - Known for its usage on Fressi's zeppelins. They are powered by electricity. It is generated using solar power or using nuclear power for larger zeppelins.

If you have idea about other type of engine, PM GM for approval.

For Exploriens, both ion and reaction engines are possibilities. It higly depends on place you are using it (ie. go for reaction engines where ethan is mined or easily obtainable) and possibly on your former faction (Futuron or Blacktron).

Fuel shouldn't become only thing that is important when playing this RPG, but also not to be obtained out of nowhere. See tables below for fuel consumption.

Places

Cermery

Closest planet to sun. It has thin atmosphere and temperature of its stony surface can reach 380 Kelvin. Day here takes 102 hours. Its known to have iron bricks under its surface and geysers of methane and ethane, resulting in many Explorien mining stations. Trading stations were developed in orbit, selling iron bricks, methane and ethane for other comodities (steel bricks, gems, sometimes xenon and argon).

Fressi

Second closest planet to sun. It has really thick and acidous atmosphere, making landings either deadly or one-way. In upper layers of atmosphere however, air is not so acidous and hot, resulting in few scientifical zeppelins with propeller engines. In small amounts, iron is processed into steel.

Earth

Earth was once beautiful planet with forests, oceans, breathable atmosphere and life. Now air is toxic and has orange tint, making you see only what is few meters in front of you.

Orbit however hosts biggest population of whole system - Colonists. Earth is important stop, to get supplies, on way from inner system to outer system and vice versa.

Luna is Earth's only moon. Few analysis showed that there are no minerals under its surface, rendering it absolutely pointless.

Tronic

Tronic is sandy planet and outermost of inner system. Air has no oxygen in atmosphere, but has enough carbon dioxide to be made artificially. It has characteristic purple surface and many minerals under it, such as purple bricks, iron bricks and gold bricks. Its most notably main source of rubies and diamonds, which are used as one of currencies in solar system. Atmosphere has about 0,03% of Argon, resulting in presence of air filtering plants.

Renema

Renema is bigger of two gas giant in system. Its atmosphere has high amount of ferric oxid dust, creating slight red tint. System surrounding it is fully controled by Futuron. Mining of both methane and ethane is strictly forbidden on all moons.

March

Ice moon without atmosphere. Under its surface however, amounts of crystals, with ability to electrically bind xenon atoms, are found. Because of that, surface is scattered by numerous Xenon mines.

Merky

Home of Futuron. 20% of surface are oceans, which are little acidous, but not salty. Forests take up 90% of solid surface. (More info pending)

More moons pending

Greon

Greon is smaller of two gas giants. It is so cold hydrogen freezes in its lower atmosphere, which is however consisting mostly of nitrogen. It has blue tint. Controled by Blacktron.

Bend

This moon has got its name after its high gravity, known to bend steel beams. It is almost two times higher than on Earth, rendering long term life on its surface dangerous for one's health. Gravity is caused by high amount of iron bricks starting at about 100 metres below surface. Because of that, Bend is main source of Blacktron

Icy

Home of Blacktron. Air has 5% methane, 2% amonia and 26% oxygen. Rest is most notably nitrogen. Its icy surface alows getting drinkable water quite easily. (More info pending)

More moons pending

Travel tables

Pending. Should show duration of flight between 2 objects. You don't have to wait for it to elapse in real life, but you shouldn't arrive one post after somebody sent you message about help he needs.

More sections and more everything pending.

EDIT: Added war section, reorganized sections, added conversion ration and more.

EDIT 12/10: Added weapons to ship section.

EDIT 01/05: Added more details on ships some comodities and added new moon.

Edited by Nik the Three
  • Upvote 1

so it is.

that's really weird haha

---

as far as player-run missions go, I'm open to removing them.

Well, just make sure you fully trust the player running them.

*points to Voltex's orginal HF RPG*

*puts up an "it don't work" sign*

Tex trusted me, and that worked out just great.

Moon

I like the idea, but thought I'd mention, a more spacey name for Earth's natural satellite is usually something along the lines of "Luna"

Luna sounds more astrological than astronomical for me. After some search, Luna is actually latin for Moon. What about greek Selene? Or entirely different name? But I guess it isn't RPG's biggest problem or is it?

Also, there should be around 20 and 12 moons for Renema and Greon respectively. If anyone would like help me creating or just naming them, it would be great.

I am searching for second GM as well, as I think I am not able to do it myself.

Progress Report #3 for the Lego Dimensions RPG

Changes in red, and also listed at the bottom

LEGO DIMENSIONS RPG INTRO

[insert Intro Here]

-something something about portals connecting worlds

-your standard villain intro where Ogel shall conveniently hint at his plans

-standard OOC RPG briefing

CURRENT THEMES

Most themes are self-contained within their own dimensions, referred to by the Alpha Team as “worlds”. As their universe has become a central hub of sorts for an increasing number of themes, Alpha Team has dubbed their own dimension as “World-1”.

1-Alpha Team – Consists of Ogel & his Skeleton Drone forces, as well as Alpha Team itself, a high-tech collection of highly trained agents dedicated to stopping Ogel before he can take over (or destroy) the world. Designated as “World-1”.

Sub-themes: Mission Deep Sea, Mission Deep Freeze

2-Ninjago – Consists of Sensei Wu’s Ninjas and a wide variety of other species and alliances; some fight for good, some fight for evil, and some fight for something in between (and some try not to fight at all). Designated as “World-2”.

3-Nexo Knights – A technologically advanced world stuck in the Middle Ages, threatened by the evil wizard Jestro. Designated as “World-3”.

4-Adventurers – Focused on the explorations & adventures of one Johnny Thunder, and his struggles against the villainous Sam Sinister. Based in World-1.

Sub-themes: Egypt, Jungle, Dino Island, Orient Expedition

MISSIONS

The RPG will work based upon a mission structure; these missions will focus, expand, and develop the main plotline. The current main locations of the RPG will be updated with each new mission.

If you do not wish to participate in a mission, that is perfectly fine; there will always be something to do at each base, and side-quests are possible as well.

MISSION #1: ORIENT EXPEDITION

Alpha Team has received reports from all over Asia about Skeleton Drone sightings. Further investigation has revealed that Ogel has teamed up with the villainous Lord Sam Sinister, and has been aiding him in a race against the famous explorer Johnny Thunder and his team to retrieve the famous treasures of Marco Polo, which are said to grant whoever possesses all of them mythical powers.

Thanks to Ogel’s interference, Sam Sinister is now in possession of Marco Polo’s Shield, Sword, and Golden Helmet. If he reaches the Dragon Fortress first, he will be able to retrieve the greatest treasure of the four – the Golden Dragon – and become nigh unstoppable.

Alpha Team: Find out where Johnny Thunder’s field team is hiding in the city of Xi’an. Help them to reach the Dragon Fortress, defeat Lord Sam Sinister, and retrieve the Marco Polo Treasures.

Ogel Alliance: Help Lord Sam Sinister to reach the Dragon Fortress, and retrieve the final Marco Polo Treasure. Hunt down Johnny Thunder’s field team and Alpha Team’s forces, and stop them from reaching the Dragon Fortress.

LOCATIONS

1-Alpha Team Headquarters

Located on a small island off the coast of Florida, hidden from view and sensors by a camouflaging energy field. The base is rather small, as Alpha Team often has operatives residing within mobile command bases across the globe.

1.1-Air Field – A runway that takes up half of the island from north to south, used for aerial vehicles to take off and land. Hidden underneath the runway is an armada of anti-aircraft cannons in case of attack.

1.2-Hangar – A large hangar that takes up a northern quarter of the island, serving as a storage space for both vehicles and large crates filled with miscellaneous items that Alpha Team has acquired.

1.3-Level Two – The second floor of the base in the southern quarter of the island. This floor contains living spaces for everyone residing on the island, along with a large common area.

1.4-Level One – The first floor of the base in the southern quarter of the island. This floor contains the Command Center where Alpha Team holds their meetings and communicates with teams in the field, as well as a training center and the armory.

1.4-Level Zero – The basement level; a laboratory that also contains Alpha Team’s Portal Gate.

2-Ogel Alliance Headquarters

Located in Antarctica, the Ogel Alliance HQ is hidden to all sensors, as well as physically protected and hidden by the natural icy environment in which it was built. It is here that Ogel and his growing team of villains enacts their plans. From the outside, it looks like a giant skull.

2.1-Command Hall – Located at the very top of the fortress where the “brain” of the skull would be. This room is where Ogel and his team of villains decide on all of their plans, as well as where they communicate with operatives in the field.

2.2-Drone Factory – Located where the “eyes” of the skull would be. This large factory is where Ogel’s endless army of Skeleton Drones is built, as well as all other machinery that the Ogel Alliance requires.

2.3-Hangar Bay – Located where the “mouth” of the skull would be. This hangar houses different vehicles and weaponry, as well as leading to the massive store room, where anything and everything that the Ogel Alliance has acquired might be found.

2.4-Basement – Located underground. The Basement holds the living quarters of everyone in the Ogel Alliance that needs an actual living space. Ogel’s Portal Gate is also inside a laboratory within the center of the Basement.

3-Xi’an (Mission #1: Orient Expedition)

The home of Emperor Chang Wu, the city of Xi’an is nestled away within the mountains in China. The western portion of the city contains the residential district, while the southern and eastern portions are comprised of various marketplaces and businesses, as well as the seedy underbelly of the city. Emperor Chang Wu’s temple of residence takes up the entire northern part of the city, and is also the only access point to the Lake of Dragons.

3.1-Dragon FortressThe Dragon Fortress is an island in the middle of the Lake of Dragons. It is guarded by the Dragon Fortress Guards, who have all dedicated their lives to defending the mythical Golden Dragon, the most powerful of Marco Polo’s artifacts. It contains many traps within its walls, as well as the legendary monster Jun-Chi.

In this RPG, you may play as either your own original characters or canon characters (characters that already officially exist in that line) from any of the four themes, as long as that canon character is not already in use by another player or staff. More themes shall be added to the RPG as time passes and the story progresses.

Canon: [is this character canon, or your own creation?]

Species: [self-Explanatory]

Theme/World: [Which Lego Line are they from?]

Allegiance: [Does your character work for Ogel or for Alpha Team?]

Bio: [Personality, Gender, History, etcetera. If playing a canon character, keep as close to canon as possible.]

STAFF NPCS

1-Dash Justice

2-Ogel

3-Jestro

4-Ninjago Villain (TBD)

5-Possibly a few others; still undecided at this time

RULES

1-All BZPower and Lego RPG rules apply. No GModding, bunnying, autohitting, or other RPG ills.
2-Unless indicated otherwise, I am the gamemaster of the RPG. If you have a problem with one of my decisions, please take it to a PM to avoid disrupting the interaction. Unless I indicate otherwise, all decisions are final.
3-Please use IC and OOC for your posts.
4-Please respect all decisions made by your fellow members in their choices of interaction.
5- Please respect all decisions made/warnings made by the Lego RPG staff.

CHANGES:

-Added a brief descriptor of the “worlds” concept under “Current Themes”

-Removed player-run missions

-Added full briefing for Mission #1: Orient Expedition

-Added three major locations (Alpha Team HQ, Ogel Alliance HQ, and Mission #1 Key Locaiton Xi’An) as well as relevant sub-locations

-Modified rules; further editing to rules will be done as work continues to progress on the RPG

---

Looking for feedback! If this actually ends up being a thing, I'd like to make it as close to perfect as possible. :)

• Upvote 1

I mean balance of sides, ie. if Side A doesn't seem as interesting as Side B. May this cause more people to joid Side B? And in extension, may it cause unfair fights? Centerpoint of RPG is war between two sides, so it is quite important for me to know.

I have doubts about whether trade system I proposed in last edit of Space RPG can work. You can for example trade 20 tanks of Argon for 2 diamonds.

Is this kind of trading even possible to manage in TBRPG? What would main problems of this system be? I once heard money in RPG is a bad idea and this is actually quite similar.

Dimensions: Seems like you've got a two faction battle here. Also, I'd be tempted to send a character off to the Dragon Fortress immediately, possibly getting themselves killed, so that's a good mechanic.

Also, what sort of characters will be allowed? Just figs? Will animals be allowed? What sort of power structure are we looking at? If I'm going to be fighting a dragon, what am I doing it with?

Further, this is mostly going to be an Alpha Team RPG for the first few weeks, at least. Hmm.

Dimensions: Seems like you've got a two faction battle here. Also, I'd be tempted to send a character off to the Dragon Fortress immediately, possibly getting themselves killed, so that's a good mechanic.

Also, what sort of characters will be allowed? Just figs? Will animals be allowed? What sort of power structure are we looking at? If I'm going to be fighting a dragon, what am I doing it with?

Further, this is mostly going to be an Alpha Team RPG for the first few weeks, at least. Hmm.

Characters Allowed: That's something I'm still working on. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to let somebody play as, say, Gandalf eventually with all of his powers while somebody playing Johnny Thunder is essentially stuck with a whip and regular human stuff. So yeah, working on it. :P

Power Structure: Any Staff NPCs will almost certainly be at the top of the food chain to start, so to speak; but if a player's character proves themselves capable, promoting said character higher up would obviously be possible.

Fighting Dragon: You aren't fighting a dragon right now (the Golden Dragon is a treasure, an artifact), but if you were, I imagine it would be with whatever equipment is at your disposal?

Alpha Team: Sorta. It's in their universe, yeah, but keep in mind that both Ninjago and Nexo Knights will already be available from the get-go. Hopefully this first mission will not take too long, because I have gotten a rough idea of what the second mission will be, and it will introduce a new theme to play with. Players could also technically create characters off the bat that are a part of Johnny Thunder's expedition crew.

Throwing ideas into the wind again.

Rock Raiders RPG

I could include Rock Raiders in the Lego Dimensions RPG V9Hkatv.gif

(actually semi-serious since I do plan to do so within the first two or three missions, assuming I do indeed finish & run the RPG)

I would say that the interest is there; several people mentioned it when I asked about themes to add to LDRPG, so I would assume at least some of them would be interested in playing a Rock Raiders RPG.