LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

*Looks at clock*

*2pm*

I've been actually checking Lego RPG forum daily since (meaning four times per day) because of Dimensions (since it was approved).

Also, would anyone like to play this?

Space RPG

If so, tell me here, in PM, or post any constructive critism right here.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

The LEGO Dimensions RPG will be released later tonight!

24 hours later... still nothing. 

You lied to us.  :glare: 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All is forgiven.  :D

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I'm going to have time to host this, but I thought of some stuff for the Lego Movie RPG this morning, so:

The Lego Movie - Sandbox with walls

- ALL OP characters in the game are NPCs that can be controlled by any player. Abuse of this privledge will result in the GM taking control of other OP NPCS to enact justice.

-Unless indicated otherwise in the character's profile, all characters are capable of building things, from a single ramshackle hut to a HUGE mansion with POOL and SPA and BLU-RAY PLAYER. However, it pays to be at least a little bit realistic on this - if they are some poor guy from the wild west, they probably need to take some time living in Bricksburg belofe building a skyscraper.

-Included themes (open to change):

A. The Lego Movie - Duh.

B. Friends - because they fit with the slice-of-life-ish story of the Lego Movie, sort of.

C. DUPLO - because creepy pink monsters make good villains.

D. Classic Space and Western - because duh.

-I do plan on playing this RPG and may decide to stir up some conflict, but I want room in here for "batman duels dumbldore in a fight TO THE DEATH" and "Samantha runs an ice cream shop and all these people show up" plot lines to happen. This isn't the HF RPG; this is more slice-of-life and less command-and-control.

Anyways, go ahead and complain about my insanity now. Go!

Okay, so a couple of questions even though goodness knows I'm too busy to do RPG stuff of any sort:

#1: Does anyone remember that old Drome Racing Challenge game?

#2: Would people like a remake of it?  Like, with a website to keep track of character's cars and stats, number crunching and whatnot.

#3: Would that be an RPG or would it belong in Fan-Created Media?

Anyway, I hope I'm not posting spam, have a good evening everyone.

-Jaga

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Okay, so a couple of questions even though goodness knows I'm too busy to do RPG stuff of any sort:

#1: Does anyone remember that old Drome Racing Challenge game?

#2: Would people like a remake of it?  Like, with a website to keep track of character's cars and stats, number crunching and whatnot.

#3: Would that be an RPG or would it belong in Fan-Created Media?

Anyway, I hope I'm not posting spam, have a good evening everyone.

-Jaga

1. I don't remember the game, but I remember someone who remembers the game and made a blog post about it. Does that count?

2. :shrugs: I'd play. 

3. If it's a computer game, like you program it up, it would go in Fan-Created Media. If it's text based turns with a website to keep track of stats, then it belongs in Games and Trivia. It's not really a RPG - those are collaborative stories. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Okay since there hasn't been any responses i'll take it as a yes.

So here's what I have laid out for the Mars Mission RP, Earth has experienced an energy crisis, the Earthlings have already landed and started mining. They don't know about the alien's existence thought. So far thought i'm unsure if the martians should be native to Mars or not.

Edited by DrakeWK

Hello there.

• 1 year later...

Is... anyone still here who'd be up for a Lego rp?

Not that I have much in the way of ideas, and I wouldn't be confident to GM something myself anyway; I'm not new to RP, but I am new to BZP's RP scene. But I thought I'd at least test the waters and see if anyone's still here with three words: Rock Raiders RP.

As we know, according to canon, the first discovery of the Planet of the Monsters was accidental: the LMS Explorer was sucked through a wormhole into an entirely foreign galaxy and, with no other way to get home, the crew - known as the Rock Raiders - desperately ventured down to the planet to find the energy crystals that they needed to re-power the ship. Despite opposition from the native Rock, Ice and Lava Monsters, the crew was successful, harvesting enough of the precious crystals to make the hyperjump back home.

Still, though, the adventure lingered in the back of the minds of each of the Raiders. The planet had been like nothing they'd ever seen before, its potential to be tapped was incredible... and it wasn't a secret they were going to be able to keep forever. Keeping it on the down-low, Chief set about assembling a larger crew for a return to the wild planet: to explore and map it more thoroughly, to discover its secrets, and to see if the energy crystals that formed so naturally there could potentially be bought back to Earth. The mission won't be easy: team members need to be prepared to tackle environments of rock, ice, lava and water - not to mention take on angry monsters who resent the disturbance of their home. All who have signed up know the risks... and now, after a long journey through space, they have finally arrived on the hostile world.

I was thinking players could be Rock Raiders or monsters to provide more grounds for conflict, and that maybe the monsters had some sort of civilisation that the Rock Raiders were inadvertently threatening. The old High Adventure Deep Underground comic book even suggested that they'd had civilisation at some point, though it had fallen to pieces by the time the Rock Raiders discovered the planet... it was something I thought could be played off.

Would anyone be interested? Or am I just shouting into an empty void over here?

...or have I horribly dated myself because no-one who is here even cares about a twenty-year-old Lego theme at this point? xD

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Kind of, yeah! Only, I believe Power Miners was set on Earth? Whereas Rock Raiders were interplanetary explorers who got stranded in a foreign galaxy. Their only hope of getting back to Earth was to mine enough Energy Crystals, native to the planet above which they found themselves stranded, to power their hyperdrive engines for the journey home. On the planet, they find monsters of rock, ice and lava, who regard the crystals as their food and guard them jealously. The theme's story was reasonably well developed for Lego's late 90s era - with most material agreeing with each other, more or less, unlike some of the other themes of that era! - and I tend to base my approach to the theme on a combination of the video game, the three comics from the UK Lego Adventures magazine, and the High Adventure Deep Underground comic book.

It'll probably give you the best an idea of the theme if I link to the game's opening cutscene ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAyvMU8umUY

Edited by Darth Jaller

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

@ Laval Master of Energy - My intent was that the monsters would be playable, yeah. You could totally be one ^^

@ The UltimoScorp - Well... it's long been a favourite Lego theme of mine, ever since the October '99 issue of Lego Adventures magazine that got me thoroughly hooked. Almost twenty years ago now, haha, wow... in any case, now that I'm getting into the RP scene here on BZ, I thought it was something I could suggest :D

I've been thinking about this, on and off, since I made that post... but what I have still isn't fully developed, so I'd welcome any further ideas ^^

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

@ Laval Master of Energy - My intent was that the monsters would be playable, yeah. You could totally be one ^^

@ The UltimoScorp - Well... it's long been a favourite Lego theme of mine, ever since the October '99 issue of Lego Adventures magazine that got me thoroughly hooked. Almost twenty years ago now, haha, wow... in any case, now that I'm getting into the RP scene here on BZ, I thought it was something I could suggest :D

I've been thinking about this, on and off, since I made that post... but what I have still isn't fully developed, so I'd welcome any further ideas ^^

AWESOME!

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I was wondering something, actually. Is it considered a usual thing to let people play as the canon Lego characters, if they so choose, in this board? Or is that frowned upon?

Just because, if I pursue this idea, I'd like for the classic Rock Raiders characters to be involved... just don't know if they could be chosen by players, or if it would be more typical for the GM to control them as NPCs instead.

Edited by Darth Jaller

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 10 months later...

I have Eyru's permission to double-post, since the previous one is old. In any case, just bouncing off my last thoughts on the topic.

If I said I was willing to GM a Rock Raiders RPG, then would anyone be interested in playing it?

Before I was just bouncing around ideas; but I feel like the fact that I said I wouldn't be up for the GM role kinda killed off any interest before it formed. So if I abandoned that thought, if I was prepared to take the reins of an idea like this... would there be any audience for that? I don't want to go ahead and make a lot of plans for it if it's something that won't attract any more than two players, but I do have some starting ideas in mind, if anyone's interested in bouncing them around with me ^^

In any case, I was thinking the game would be centred around a Return to the Planet of the Monsters, led by Chief and the canon Rock Raiders team (who, now that I've observed how things tend to work here, would be GM NPCs controlled by myself). The basic premise would be that, knowing he can't long keep their discovery of the planet a secret, Chief has recruited a larger team of raiders for what is, this time, a research mission; his intention, to learn all they can about the planet and its Energy Crystals before any other factions can beat them to it. New Rock Raiders could be raw recruits, or they could have a background from Power Miners, Ice Planet 2002, or any other Lego Space themes that would equip them with relevant skills. I would tentatively allow canon characters from those themes to be played, since their personalities are generally left up to fan interpretation anyway.

The game would start with the first new crew members teleporting down to the planet, where they would begin at one of the bases that the OG Rock Raiders abandoned on their last visit. The would also be able to access their orbiting ship, the LMS Explorer, as required; and further bases would be established as the raiders branch out further; probably one in the ice caverns and one in the lava caves.

Of course, the game would be far less about building and mining crystals than it would be about the possibility of conflict, and those who would try and stop the raiders from doing that thing. I'm leaning towards two opposing factions.

First, naturally, is the Rock / Ice / Lava monsters. These are not just the mindless brutes of the video game, however; they have a civilisation of their own hidden deep beneath the planet's surface, one that's crumbled somewhat over the centuries but still exists. For now, the Rock Raiders are only encroaching on the very edges of their domain, and the Monsters really only raid them to steal the Energy Crystals they have found - i.e. the Monsters' food source. As the Raiders go deeper, however, the Monsters start to see them as a serious threat and their opposition becomes less about food and more about protecting their culture and civilisation - something that the Raiders are mostly oblivious to. The Monsters society is fairly primitive, but they are craftsmen by nature and have a symbiotic relationship with their respective native elements.

Second faction, I'm leaning towards, is Blacktron. A Classic Space theme who were typically cast as the villainous adversaries of Futron, Space Police, Ice Planet and others, they seem to mostly have been technology thieves; stealing tech from the other factions to empower themselves, or to sell on the black market. Drawn by the promise of advanced technologies and new discoveries, the Blacktrons have learned of Chief's mission and intend to thwart the Rock Raiders, and to steal all credit for and profit from their discoveries for themselves.

So we have three factions, all playable, all with different motives. It would kinda be a mixture of exploration and conflict between the sides... though I haven't really thought ahead about how this would go in practice, I did't want to get too ahead of myself! It would be great, too, if someone more experience in this forum would be able to co-GM with me; but I'll take whatever comes ^^

OR if not this, then... SOMETHING? I feel like I regrettably missed this forum in its heyday; but I'd just love to take part in a Lego RP that involved some of my childhood favourite themes. If not Rock Raiders... I dunno. Space? Castle? Adventurers? Ninja? Alpha Team / Agents? I'd be on board with whatever, quite honestly; I'd just love to play around in some of these worlds again.

Edited by Darth Jaller

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

you know what

i'd be down to play

Rock Raiders is slightly before my time but it's one of those classic lines I have a soft spot for. And I liked its spiritual successor a lot, so this gets my interest. Blacktron being there is interesting, too.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 1womanarmy said:

I'm wondering whether we can play the current HF RPG, or should we make a new one?

As the current HF RPG has been inactive for two years, I suggest making a new one. Of course, any ideas for new RPGs should be posted in this topic first, where potential GMs can get an idea of what players want and how many people are interested. If enough people are interested in playing a Hero Factory RPG, then go for it!

• Upvote 1

@Laval- Master of Energy @Tarn @1womanarmy Oh cool, thanks for the interest! :D

I've kind of got an overwhelming number of other RP commitments I owe replies to on other sites, so I'm not in a position to be able to plan a launch for this right away - plus, I'd REALLY love a guide book first to how to run an RP the BZP way, I've never done it before xD - but I'm glad to see that the interest is there!

In the meantime, do you all (or anyone else seeing this) have any thoughts on what you'd like to see in such an RP, in particular? I'm thinking more... in terms of game mechanics, or story direction, or stuff? Like I said, this is all pretty new territory to me, so I welcome any input ^^

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

16 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

REALLY love a guide book first to how to run an RP the BZP way, I've never done it before xD

Honestly man, the way they run RPG over in Bionicle RPG is still baffling me and it seems to move too fast. They have 3 topics: discussion, playing, and profiles for each RPG. Here in this forum, it seems to be all in one topic. So most of the profiles appear to be posted first and linked in the first post, then they move into the game play, with discussion conducted using OOC: (out-of-character) marks. IC means in-character, and often you'll see stuff like IC (character name) with means that they are playing as that character. 

GMs appear to advance the storyline by having their own characters or story disruptive digressions where they just intervene and change stuff. This appears to happen at the host's discretion. I think the idea of GMs having characters is a better model, but idk because they can get OP (over-powered). 

I actually don't know anything about Rock Raiders, other than the fact that the theme is about mining, though. I've found that I can just usually join RPGs without worrying about story beyond what the GMs give me anyway. Less arguments with them about canon and more time firing lasers.