• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#81 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,634 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 30 2012 - 08:40 PM

Here's mine so far:HERO FACTORYThe area was a massive, offsite storage and jailing facility. A facility so large that when consulted, even Mr. Makuro had been unable to tell how far down it went. The cause was a disturbance several weeks previous, a disturbance the heroes had been unable to gather any information about, aside from the fact that an area of up to fifty feet away from the facility in every direction had turned pitch black. As well as the fact that immediately afterward all communications ceased on the facility’s side.So William Furno, Dunkan Bulk, and Jimi Stringer had been dispatched to deal with the issue. What they found upon entering the building was nothing. There were no workers keeping the prisoners in, nor were there any prisoners trying to break out. A search of the three upper floors revealed the same result, leaving them with only one option: to travel beneath the surface. Before all three vanished without a trace like everyone else within the facility, Jimi Stringer did manage to send a message that contained words that should have never been linked with a Hero Factory facility...“Somethin’ hunting us... Bulk gone, Furno unconscious. Dunno how long we’re gonna last here... somethin’ in the walls... there were guns... meteor blasters... a giant axe... other stuff. It feels like... nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s... there’s nothing safe here... every step could... send us into the abyss... oh no... no, it’s back... gotta go, gotta-”Hero Factory has poked and prodded within the top five levels (four of which are above ground) several times since, but as of yet no evidence of any value has been found. However, the legendary Preston Stormer has been assigned to lead the next search team, and he has been authorized to bring five other heroes with him.This is where you come in. As a rookie of Hero Factory, you have been deemed as disposable enough to risk being sent on this mission. Should you wish to join, you may be one of the first since Furno’s lost team to experience the horrors of the Offsite Storage Facility. Should you decide that accompanying Stormer is not something you wish to attempt at this time, there are still plenty of villains that need re-capturing since the breakout, and many more villains that have never been caught at all.This is where you begin.The Story in Short:After the breakout set off by Voltix, Hero Factory had the massive Offsite Storage Facility (OSF) built as a safety measure to hold the worst villains during any similar strikes in the future. However, several weeks previously a blackout occurred, covering a large area around the facility. All communications with the facility fell silent, and three heroes were dispatched to investigate- none have returned.Now Hero Factory is preparing a new wave of heroes known as the “X” series, created to be even tougher and more powerful than the 2.0 build. Five of these new heroes are to be dispatched along with Preston Stormer to investigate the disappearances of the three heroes and the cause of the OSF blackout- meanwhile for the rest of the new heroes sightings of villains all over the galaxy are increasing with great speed, and some of the older heroes have begun to suspect that the higher ups of Hero Factory have been covering up more breakouts – it will be up to you to discover if these suspicions are true.

Looks good. Nice and intriguing. :)

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#82 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2012 - 10:26 PM

I Meant Shinobi, Knight.etc. But this loks to be fun:)

Right, that's included within the four factions.Glad to hear you're looking forward to it. Zero Makuta's a bit busy with Real Life at present, but I think we might have another draft ready within the next couple of weeks.

================= Never forget . . . never stop ==================
qs32073.jpg
========== Support the LEGO RPG Subforum! ==========

#83 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

• 4,362 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yeah, no problem. I'll do it later today, as I'm tired right now. :P But since I'm back from Disney, I shoul be back into the loop soon.-ibrow

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

^Click to read!^

INTERLUDE

A heist in BZ-Koro goes precisely as scheduled.

#84 Offline Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of

Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, no problem. I'll do it later today, as I'm tired right now. :P But since I'm back from Disney, I shoul be back into the loop soon.-ibrow

Sisen just gave me the go-ahead, so please send me your idea sometime in the near future so we can get it up and running. :)

Edited by Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of, Jun 05 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#85 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

• 4,362 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'll send it to you this Friday- I've been busy re-integrating myself the past several days, and also catching up on lost sleep.-ibrow

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

^Click to read!^

INTERLUDE

A heist in BZ-Koro goes precisely as scheduled.

#86 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 03:20 PM

Three things to say.- As it turns out, the Lego Universe RPG won't be happening this summer. Zero Makuta did tell me he'd still like to give it a try eventually, so I suppose we'll call it 'postponed to an indefinite point in the future.'- Any developments concerning that Hero Factory RPG, iBrow and Xalen?- I realize that it's been over thirty days since anyone posted here; I would have bumped the thread had I thought of it sooner. However, given that this topic is rather crucial to the workings of this forum, may I suggest that it be pinned and/or exempted from revival rules? (I should add that the rules did specifically say that RPGs would be closed after thirty days of inactivity, so I'm not sure whether or not this thread is safe already.)

Edited by Jackson Lake, Jul 16 2012 - 04:43 PM.

qs32073.jpg

#87 Offline Cadias

Cadias
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,907 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2012 - 05:39 PM

TDC and I have been throwing around a few ideas for an RPG based on Mars Mission. However, neither of us have much experience in this particular forum, and we were wondering how 'Lego' the Rpgs usually are. Are the characters minifigs and the vehicles and such made of bricks, or is it usually closer to real life? It'd be useful to know before we go any farther on the outline.

#88 Offline TakunuvaC01

TakunuvaC01
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2012 - 10:25 AM

TDC and I have been throwing around a few ideas for an RPG based on Mars Mission. However, neither of us have much experience in this particular forum, and we were wondering how 'Lego' the Rpgs usually are. Are the characters minifigs and the vehicles and such made of bricks, or is it usually closer to real life? It'd be useful to know before we go any farther on the outline.

A Mars Mission RPG would be great! It's one of the ones that ages ago I had ideas for, but nothing ever came of (and even if I had actually gotten around to starting it, I imagine it wouldn't have gone anywhere anyway).To answer the question: it depends.For instance, PeabodySam set the Dino Attack RPG on the "LEGO Planet", which is inhabited by the "minifig" species. The main nation is called LEGOLAND, capital LEGO City, the currency is the stud, etc. But what that actually means is open to interpretation- the RPG's wiki describes minifigs as being more set-like, but I, at least, usually write posts as if minifigs are humans with a different name.So it's up to you, really.

Posted Image

#89 Offline The Darkest Chronicler

The Darkest Chronicler
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

• 6,700 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 08:55 AM

Well, as Cadias Mentioned, We've been working on a Mars Mission RPG... and Here's what we have.

For Survival

Listen, younglings, to our history upon this world, and the dangers we face. It has been 73967 planetary rotations since we arrived upon this barren and desolate planet, the wreckage of our collision still exists in places too harsh to salvage. We came here in search of other life, but found only a landscape with hospitality that could be compared to that upon a star. There is nothing but rock and sand, stretching for miles until you reach liquid so acidic that it would burn through metal within moments, only the stone manages to contain it. The surface could not sustain us, and for our own survival, he headed into the ruins that exist upon the planet, heading down into the ground itself. Below, we began to thrive and grew from a small number of survivors into small colonies, scattering ourselves to keep from overtaxing the available resources.When we first arrived, we thought there as no life here. We were wrong. Creatures that burrow within the sand, they are far stronger than we are, and know the environment all too well. We were forced to create vehicles from our original craft's remains, armed with weapons crafted using these miraculous crystals we discovered. If we wish to travel to the surface, we do it at our own risk, and traveling on foot is nearly suicidal.Those crystals have become our only chance at survival. They power our machines, allowing us protection and the ability to traverse the surface in search of more of the gems. They power greenhouses made far beneath the ground, along with our buildings and lights. If our supply were to run out, there would be no chance of survival, we would be left without protection, and the creatures would surely not let us survive without it.Now these wretched white creatures with golden, featureless faces have arrived, stealing away our source of survival, and we know not why. They have been stockpiling the crystals, taking them to a large tower of white and orange, protected by destructive turrets. When we tried to reclaim our survival, they attacked us like savage animals, shooting our ships from the sky, even going so far as to capture some of our people for no doubt ghoulish intentions. None of those captured ever come back.We in return, captured some of their own, giving them a honorable end, consumption by those who had proven victorious. But they seemed enraged even farther, and began to not only steal our crystals, but hunt our people down and slaughter them. Now we fight these wretched gold-faced demons, if we manage another rotation of the planet relies on our actions now. We have no choice but to reclaim our stolen crystals, and take back our adopted home from these monsters.Welcome, children of the Queen, to the battle for our homes and very lives. These creatures stop at nothing, harming and killing anyone. They make no difference for the elders, the younglings, or the workers. As the warriors, it is our duty to fight to the end to protect them, and the hive. Good luck, and may the blessings of the Queen keep you strong.

For Earth

If you're listening to this recording, I'm either dead or too busy to talk to you myself. I sincerely hope that it's the latter, but I don't need to tell you that.

I've made this recording in light of recent events, to be played if I'm unavailable. Forget everything you've been told about Mars. Forget about that peaceful, lifeless planet you've been looking forward to doing some mining on. Remember that combat training you got on the way here, just in case you'd need it? Prepare to get a lot more.We aren't alone up here.It all started about a week ago. A bunch of the crystals we'd mined started to disappear. At first, I thought that it was just the crewmen wanting a souvenir, but far, far too many were disappearing for that. Something was taking them. I posted guards at the site we were keeping them at, expecting the problem to be a few crewmen who wanted some extra cash. We never expected an attack.They came screaming out of the night, armed with advanced vehicles and weaponry. We had only assigned a few lightly armed guards... they never stood a chance. The aliens, the beasts took all of the crystals and dragged the guards away. For a few hours, we managed to keep in contact with them through the comm, but the lines went dead one by one. The last thing we heard from those men was screaming, terrible, terrible screaming.... The next day, we found their bones.... covered with bite marks.That was three days ago. All attempts to contact the aliens have failed. They're appearing more and more often, more and more aggressively. But I'm not about to head home because the locals aren't happy, and I've got a feeling that you aren't either. We came here to end the energy crisis on Earth, and I'm going to make sure that happens, even if I have to personally hunt down each and every alien on this planet. We're here with the finest technology Earth has to offer, and we're already started to work on a combat-only vehicle: The Astro-Fighter.We've discovered that the stasis tubes we designed to store crystals in also work fine on aliens. If you can, capture some. We need some more information on them.... and it seems like a fitting way to avenge the crew who have been killed and eaten by these things. We will make them pay.Welcome to Mars.

Locations

The locations are increased in size, for reasons of making them more open and usable.

The Mothership

Our headquarters upon the planet's surface, and the central hub for all crystal collection and defensive works. The mobile headquarters is rather large, taking up the majority of the remains from our original craft. Most defensive strike craft are stored here. The massive craft can easily hold a few hundred people and several dozen ship at a time.

The Hive

The home of our people, it is where those of us who are not warriors reside, though many warriors stand ready to protect it from inside. It is well hidden within the large volcano that we call Vetrevius, in honor of the Great Queen. Inside live thousands, possibly tens of thousands. If the Gold-Faces were to ever find it, it would mean grave danger for our people.

MB-01 Eagle Command

The MB-01 represents the peak of Human technology. It's the home base of all Astronauts on the surface, with living quarters that house all personnel. Its generators, powered by the crystals we were sent to mine, produce incredible amounts of energy, which keep all systems running and the formidable turrets charged and ready. It has an impressive laboratory and a Sickbay.

MB-201 Ultra-Drill WalkerThe MB-201 is an impressive piece of engineering, a mobile base that can go it alone for months on end. It boasts labs, greenhouses, a Sickbay, crew quarters, and a rudimentary Factory where small vehicles and replacement parts can be manufactured. Its primary feature and line of defense is the huge Ultra-Drill, which has been modified by our talented Engineers to double as a massive weapon.

Profiles

Name: Human names for Humans, non-human names for Thymata.Gender: Male or Female.Species: Human or ThymataAppearance: The appearance of a character, Including special decals on a spacesuit for Humans or the patterns of green on a Thymata.Occupation: The job of your character.Weapons: The basic for Humans is a blaster, and for Thymata is a laser staff. Modified versions are available.Personality: What your character is like, how they act, and how they think.(Optional)Biography: The past of your character.

Rank: The rank or title of your character. The first rank and title are available at start.

Vehicle: The chosen transportation of your character, based upon rank.

Ranks And Titles

Each of the sides have their own system of ranks, and with each rank comes access to better vehicles.

(Credit to the creators of the Dino Attack RPG for this brilliant idea.)

Thymata Titles

Youngling: Given to those still in training, learning the ways of our people.

Practicer: One who has proven themselves efficiently able to preform their duty.

Trainer: For those who are able to teach others, having great skills themselves.

Commander: Those who have the skills to not only teach, but to guide others in their duties.

General: Given to the one chosen to relay the orders of the Queen herself.

Human Ranks

Miner: One who has received basic training and is starting to harvest crystals.

Chief: Given to those who know everything there is to know about mining and have had their fair share of fights.

Gunner: Those who are experienced in both mining and combat.

Veteran of the Red Planet (Veteran): For those who have mined a lot of crystals, fought a lot of fights, and who can command others well. Wear this title with pride.

Commander: The leader of the expedition, making sure that things run smoothly and that we all aren't eaten by aliens.

Vehicles

Certain vehicles are unlocked at each rank, though you can use vehicles from lesser ranks if you wish.

Thymata

Viper (No set) -Youngling

A fast jet glider allowing flight, armed with no weapons.

Jet (Set 5617) - Youngling

A small craft, armed with two weak energy cannons.

Combat Craft (Set 7647) - Practicer

A swift vehicle with four weak energy cannons

Speed Fighter (Set 7697) - Practicer

A very fast craft, with six weak energy cannons

Levitation Strike Craft (Set 7692) - Trainer

A powerful craft with four weak energy cannons and a rapid fire energy cannon

Power Strike Ship (Set 7649) - Trainer

A strong craft with four strong energy cannons

Assault Craft (Set 7644) - Commander

A very fast and tough craft with four strong energy cannons

Hyper Carrier (No Set) - Commander

A transport craft with six strong energy cannons

Infiltrator (Set 7646) - General

An incredibly deadly craft with eight strong energy cannons and four mini-rocket launchers

Human

Jetpack (No Set) -Miner

A quick rocket pack, armed with no weapons.

Crystal Hawk (Set 5619) - Miner

A small vehicle, with two weak blaster cannons

MX-11 Astro Fighter (Set 7695) - Miner

A quick vehicle with a blaster cannon

MT-31 Trike (Set 7694) - Chief

A very quick vehicle with two blaster cannons

MX-41 Switch Fighter (Set 7647) - Gunner

A powerful vehicle with two blaster cannons and two mini-rocket launchers

MT-61 Crystal Reaper (Set 7645) - Gunner

An tough vehicle, with two mini-rocket launchers, and a strong double blaster cannon

MT051 Claw Tank (Set 7697) - Veteran

A powerful and tough vehicle with a rocket launcher, claw, laser disk blaster, and double blaster cannon

MX-71 Recon Dropship (Set 7692) - Veteran

A transport vehicle with heavy rocket launcher and four blaster cannons.

MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft (Set 7644) - Commander

An insanely powerful vehicle with sixteen blaster cannons, and a supercharged blaster beam cannon

Rules

Follow the RPG forum rules and guidelines while playing the game.

Other players have feelings too, try to be respectful.IC: Means that you are posting what follows as a character.OOC: Means that you are not posting what follows as a character.When fighting, remember that you aren't invincible. Avoiding every attack is not fair fighting.Don't try to overpower your characters, you're not superheroes.Killing other players without their approval is not allowed.

Please don't take blows that should be fatal and then ignore them as though they never happened.

Cadias & Toxicity

Edited by Toxicity, Jul 24 2012 - 08:59 AM.

gallery_50452_97_2614.png

#90 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 09:18 AM

Cool Mars Mission RPG. I like how you play from human's and alien's viewpoints. I might play this.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#91 Offline Nanosuit User

Nanosuit User
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 658 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 04:50 AM

Seems rather interesting, I would most likely consider joining this roleplay.

Steam ID: Opiu18

#92 Offline TakunuvaC01

TakunuvaC01
  • Members

• 4,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2012 - 10:23 AM

Looks interesting. Couple of (fairly minor) comments on it:1. I would recommend linking the vehicle names to pictures of actual sets, rather than giving set numbers- the direct link to (for instance, brickset) is a lot more useful than the number.2. Is there a limit on the number of (main player) characters allowed? Nothing explicitly states this in the profile or rules section.3. You have listed a "General" and "Commander" rank on the list of ranks. Are these ranks that players can actually achieve, or ranks that are going to be limited to your characters (or some non-player characters controlled by you)? The description suggests the latter, but it would be good to note that if it is indeed the case.Apart from that... I think it looks pretty good.

Posted Image

#93 Offline The Darkest Chronicler

The Darkest Chronicler
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

• 6,700 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2012 - 08:35 AM

Looks interesting. Couple of (fairly minor) comments on it:1. I would recommend linking the vehicle names to pictures of actual sets, rather than giving set numbers- the direct link to (for instance, brickset) is a lot more useful than the number.2. Is there a limit on the number of (main player) characters allowed? Nothing explicitly states this in the profile or rules section.3. You have listed a "General" and "Commander" rank on the list of ranks. Are these ranks that players can actually achieve, or ranks that are going to be limited to your characters (or some non-player characters controlled by you)? The description suggests the latter, but it would be good to note that if it is indeed the case.Apart from that... I think it looks pretty good.

1. That's a very good idea, but I'm not quite certain which sites can and can not be linked to under BZPower rules.2. I don't believe Cadias nor I spoke of a character limit while designing it. I'll have to speak to him about if he thinks we should add one.3. Only the highest rank for each species is limited to the staff characters at the current time. But the chances of one of them possibly dying would leave that position open, as would one stepping down from command. So they are indeed ranks that characters can achieve, but only one person can have the top rank at a time.

gallery_50452_97_2614.png

#94 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2012 - 06:07 PM

Heroica RPG? I would flesh out and change some things in the world, but it could work.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#95 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 07:28 AM

"So....this all seems quite horrible."-Bruce Banner, the AvengersSeriously, this is an important topic, and it has faded away. We need it, and I want to comment, so this is two in one.If the Mars Mission RPG is approved, I will play it and the Hero Factory RPG. Somebody on staff, lease pin this topic so it won't dissapear.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#96 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,634 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:18 AM

If the Mars Mission RPG is approved, I will play it and the Hero Factory RPG. Somebody on staff, lease pin this topic so it won't dissapear.

Agreed. It is looking like the Hero Factory RPG isn't going to happen anytime soon, though. ibrow is going to be out of the picture for awhile. :(

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#97 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 11:35 PM

I suppose this would be a good time to mention that I have restarted work on the Lego Universe RPG along with Brikman McStudz. We're both quite busy IRL at present, but we'll hopefully have something up here for public review in December or thereabouts.

qs32073.jpg

#98 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 02:59 AM

Umm, I have a good idea for a LURPG, but it starts in a different time period. Here is the general groundwork...Near the end of the Mealstorm war, the forces of chaos had been forced back to Crux Prime, and victory was all but certain for the mini figures. But it was not meant to be... The beginning of the end was a meeting between the four leaders of the Nexus force, over the subject of what to do after beating the Mealstorm. All was going well, until radio chatter blared from the command radio. "Bzzzt... Mayday! Mayday! The Mealstorm has released a secret weapon! Our troops are turning into Mealstorm, and not even our purifiers can stop it! It can come through radios..." Vanda Darkflame and Heal Storm both jumped up and reached to turn off the radio, when a cloud of purple gas sprayed them from the radio! They had crushed the radio, but they had turned into evil versions of themselves, along with everyone in their factions. Dr. Overbuild teleported himself and Execeter and all their forces to the Nexus Tower, and watched as all the worlds they had fought so hard for were lost, except for Nexus Tower and Ninjago. This is where all of you come in. Will you fight for the Mealstorm, or against it? Choose which faction too, Paradox and Venture League are evil, Sentenials and Assembly are good. It is advised that if you had an LU account, to create your character at rank 1.Ranks-Soldier: This rank consists of 1,2, and 3s. They are what you start out as. If you do something amazing, you will rank up to...Officer: Once every month, I may choose one officer on merit to rank up to...Warlord: This is the highest rank a player can get, and offers some bonuses that I will think of later.Within each rank is...Infantry: Heavy armor, heavy weapons.Scout: Fast, hard to hit, light weapons.Spy: Can infiltrate the opposing team and assassinate others. Very light armor, fades into background.These are just some ideas, and am willing to collaborate with other LURPG makers.Give criticism, advice, and comments.

#99 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 08:04 AM

Well, since we've now got one more thinking about an LURPG, I'll go ahead and submit what Brikman and I have so far. Spoiler'd due to potentially inconvenient length, here is what would be the first post in the thread.
Spoiler
Regarding the Ninjago planet being off-limits, we figured that since Ninjago would be fantastic RPG fodder on its own, it would be best to avoid overlap.

Edited by Jackson Lake, Dec 13 2012 - 08:06 AM.

qs32073.jpg

#100 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 12:00 PM

I like the LURPG idea. I'll probably join it once it's approved, and Dr. Cyborg is in a perfect position to be in it! Added bonus!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#101 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 07:00 PM

I like Jackson Lake's idea, but I think that some people who once played LU would want something... well, fresh. Everyone who has played LU has battled the Mealstorm and fought for imagination, but where is the complexity, the twists, or the betrayals? If you ask me, allowing people to be on both sides allows for better plot. Also, if there were spies, a mealstorm operative could go assassinate someone like say, Duke Execeter. I think it would make a better play environment, because I was a summoner and could solo Butterscorch, or destroy droves of invader spiders. People on the other side of the conflict could make things more interesting. Any feedback or ideas?

Edited by sonyaxe, Dec 13 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#102 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 07:13 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]For what it's worth, I too like the LURPG. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Though, as sonyaxe said, it's almost too much like just a Text-based version of LU. It would be nice for at least some difference, whether it's just the addition of Stromling PCs or even an entire new world/drastically changed one.[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Also, why just 1 PC?[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#103 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 07:26 PM

What do you mean by I PC?

#104 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 07:31 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Well, it says that you can have 1 PC and as many NPCs as you want. Perhaps I'm simply too used to BioRPG, where PC means 'Player Character' instead of 'Primary Character'. To my knowledge. :P [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]So, I'm simply asking why we can't have more than 1 Primary Character. :)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Got it?[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#105 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 07:36 PM

Oh, sorry. I forgot to specify. You could have up to 3 PCs (at least in my version), because I'm assuming there is no profiles pages. Also, I would like to finalize this quickly, so comments on my idea would REALLY be appreciated.

Edited by sonyaxe, Dec 13 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#106 Offline Brikman McStudz

Brikman McStudz
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2012 - 11:29 AM

Alright, since I am co-planning/running this RPG, let me see if I can provide adequate answers and/or comments. But I will say these suggestions and comments are appreciated.

I think that some people who once played LU would want something... well, fresh. Everyone who has played LU has battled the Mealstorm and fought for imagination, but where is the complexity, the twists, or the betrayals?

In my head, the plot will get more complex as time goes on, with twists and betrayals coming along with it. This is just the opening. But the Maelstrom will probably always be the "main" enemy of the RPG, even if it isn't the main enemy of a story arc or something.

But I think for the RPG, the Stromlings have become more cunning, ruthless, and intelligent. Still bent on destroying everything, but now more "interesting" to write about.

If you ask me, allowing people to be on both sides allows for better plot. Also, if there were spies, a mealstorm operative could go assassinate someone like say, Duke Execeter. I think it would make a better play environment, because I was a summoner and could solo Butterscorch, or destroy droves of invader spiders. People on the other side of the conflict could make things more interesting.

I have no problem imagining Stromlings infiltrating the Nexus Force; I had the scenario happen a previous RPG.

We have briefly gone over about playing as Stromlings, but decided to limit them to NPCs. We may change our minds at some point.

I think we're pretty solid on staying with "no killing official LEGO characters". I myself (don't know about Jackson), am rather hesitant with the idea. Yes, LEGO's canon is rather loose, but it would feel wrong to kill an actual character. Assassinating a high-ranking Nexus Force member of your creation wouldn't be a problem, however. 

It would be nice for at least some difference, whether it's just the addition of Stromling PCs or even an entire new world/drastically changed one.

We do have ideas concerning "drastically changed worlds". Think the Maelstrom corrupting the property worlds on a larger scale. I was thinking of possibly adding the unreleased Castle related world, and there is always the possibility of adding new worlds if needed.

*various NPC and PC commentary*

The "Primary Character" is your main character that, at this moment, is apart of the Nexus Force. He/She's intended to be your number one character.

NPCs, in the case, refer to as "Non-Primary Character", simply put, characters that are not your primary character. At this point and time, they can take up Faction specialty roles or be scientists, guards, recruiters, etc. working for the faction (like the various Non-Playable Characters in LEGO Universe.) They also could be the pirates, ninjas, astronauts, knights, etc. that inhabit worlds like Gnarled Forest and Forbidden Valley. They can also be Stromlings of any type.

NPCs, while not your Primary Character, can be developed to be as complex or as interesting as your PC. I think what I'm getting at is that your Primary character is your "main" character and NPCs are "supporting cast" that you can give as much detail and thoughts to as Primary Character, only being that they are not your main character. You can still write from their point-of-view and so on.

Though as I write this, I may being willing to let Primary Characters have any role in a faction as long as they are apart of the Nexus Force and apart of a faction instead of limiting it to the Faction specialties.

I think I addressed everything so far, but keep the suggestions and comments coming.

Reggie Fils-Aime. Just...yeah. Wii would like to see U and your silly console beat him....I'm sorry.

lego_universe_banner.png

Made it all by myself. With images from the LEGO Universe Wiki. Be jealous.

LEGO Universe RPG - Come and play!

LEGO RPG forum

#107 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2012 - 02:20 PM

This LURPG seems to take place in the same universe as the DARPG, given that Zach is in it. Would I be allowed to bring in XERRD, or just Dr. Cyborg?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#108 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2012 - 03:15 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Alright, thanks for clearing that up. :)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]And so, in that case, I will give my full support for the LURPG to be created. :D[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#109 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2012 - 04:06 PM

Me too, if that hasn't been clear by now.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#110 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2012 - 09:54 PM

avmatoran- While I still hold to the position that "all Lego text-based RPGs take place in the same universe unless otherwise noted," I believe Brikman just listed Zach there as an example profile. We mentioned this once while brainstorming, and we'll both have brand new PCs.With that said, I might suggest avoiding overt references to other RPGs. Subtle references, yes; imported characters, sure, but directly mentioning groups or events tied specifically to another RPG...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Granted, allowing such references did gain the DARPG most of its early players, so it can't be all bad...Short answer, feel free to bring in Dr. Cyborg and UITech, since they aren't tied to any one game. As for XERRD...well, I'll get back to you on that once I've thought it over.sonyaxe- Like Brikman said, just because this starts out like a text-based version of the MMO doesn't mean it will stay that way. We have twists and betrayals aplenty up our sleeves -- it's just that it doesn't pay to give them away before the playing field is set. :)Regarding your own plan, I don't much like the idea of making half of Nexus Force evil. Especially since Venture is my favorite faction. :P Other than that it doesn't seem particularly problematic.So I think, with maybe a week's worth at the most of last-minute adjustments, Brikman and I could probably have our game up and running by the end of the year. I guess it'll just come down to whether the consensus favors our idea or sonyaxe's.

Edited by Jackson Lake, Dec 14 2012 - 10:16 PM.

qs32073.jpg

#111 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2012 - 12:17 AM

Well, just like you there are twists, tricks and other things in mine later, and also I understand why some want to just start with LU again. If you want, I'll pm you with what will happen to the Venture Leage ( I've got the entire RPG planned out already.) I just wanted to try something new in Lego Universe. Plus, tommorrow I'm posting the entire RPG post, not just the storyline, to review. Please comment on it tommorrow. P.S. If half the Nexus Force is evil, then you will not be able to just slaughter droves of stormlings. It adds a challenge, and the story/plot will be that much more interesting.thanks,-sonyaxePPS: this may just come to who finishes writing their RPG first. If mine comes through, whoever is writing or helping directly to write the other LURPG will get to have the warlord rank if they want (more on that tommorrow.)

Edited by sonyaxe, Dec 15 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#112 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2012 - 12:53 AM

Don't forget, the players have say in it, too. For what it's worth, if it's not obvious by now, I support Brikman and Jackson's version.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#113 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2012 - 01:00 AM

My bad, avmatoran. I have a tendency to be vague. What I meant to say was that I have ways to do this, not to have an iron fisted tyranny. That was what you were talking about, right? In not, my bad.-sonyaxe

#114 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2012 - 01:03 AM

I was referring to your comment about whoever finishes first. I may have read that worse than you meant it, though.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#115 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2012 - 01:12 AM

Oh. My bad. I misinterpreted you, and, once again my vagueness strikes again. I thought I saw them say one year till release, and must have read it wrong. (facepalm, it said end of the year, not done in one year) And if mine doesn't work, I will give all my support to brikmans LURPG."I think we're pretty solid on staying with "no killing official LEGO characters". I myself (don't know about Jackson), am rather hesitant with the idea. Yes, LEGO's canon is rather loose, but it would feel wrong to kill an actual character. Assassinating a high-ranking Nexus Force member of your creation wouldn't be a problem, however." Please note, that was an example. Of course I won't assassinate the Duke, but since there are no players yet, I needed an example. Plus, the evil factions won't be stormlings, they will just be dark versions of themselves, a bit like what happened to Nia in Ninjago, just they won't be mad and incapable of rational thought. If this were ingame, then an imagination bar would be replaced with chaos energy, so still a minifig, just evil.

Edited by sonyaxe, Dec 15 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#116 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 01:30 AM

This probably won't be happening any time soon, but would anyone be interested in a LEGO Amalgam RPG? In case you don't know, Amalgam is a massive crossover between Marvel and DC comics where all of the characters were combinations of other characters from both universes (Super-Soldier=Captain America+Superman, Green Skull=Lex Luthor+Red Skull, etc.). And yes, in case you're wondering, I'm planning on adding elements so it won't belong in COT. For example, vehicles and other things are made of LEGO bricks, and the characters are represented as actual minifigures. It would also take place in a completely different universe than the "normal" one, to avoid continuity clashing and stuff.

I actually have something of a draft written up, if anyone would like to see it.

Edited by The Zytrix, Dec 16 2012 - 01:31 AM.

brokenmr.jpg

#117 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 04:08 PM

So I have revised my RPG a bit, and also the class system. I have added the rules, and a ranking system. 

Spoiler
Please review so I can figure out what to fix.

Edited by sonyaxe, Dec 17 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#118 Offline graggen2468

graggen2468
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 01:14 PM

It's a good idea, but in the background there are a few mistakes I found. For example, I thought the paradox faction would be fighting with the maelstrom, not against it. Other than that, I'm interested.

#119 Offline TakunuvaC01

TakunuvaC01
  • Members

• 4,192 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 12:14 PM

avmatoran- While I still hold to the position that "all Lego text-based RPGs take place in the same universe unless otherwise noted," I believe Brikman just listed Zach there as an example profile. We mentioned this once while brainstorming, and we'll both have brand new PCs.With that said, I might suggest avoiding overt references to other RPGs. Subtle references, yes; imported characters, sure, but directly mentioning groups or events tied specifically to another RPG...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Granted, allowing such references did gain the DARPG most of its early players, so it can't be all bad...Short answer, feel free to bring in Dr. Cyborg and UITech, since they aren't tied to any one game. As for XERRD...well, I'll get back to you on that once I've thought it over.

[endquote] I thought I'd chime in here, with some other historical perspective: DA was written deliberately to be set in the same universe as MDF- or more specifically, PeabodySam used everything he'd come up with MDF to get DA up and running. The return of familiar characters (PBB, Frozeen, etc.) made it obvious the two RPGs were in the same universe, so it was natural for other people to import things as well. This only worked though because Victor Draven was long gone, and so wasn't in a position to do anything with MDF that contradicted what was being done in DA. Also, I don't really know whether he had planned any kind of overall arc for MDF at all- I suspect he hadn't. Then again, I could have said the same about the DA up till about page 40 or 50 or so. But the point is that after not too long a time most of the canon in MDF was written by Kotua, CoKK, PeabodySam, and probably a few other people whose names I can't remember anymore. So it was natural for DA to continue their work.  What I think I'm getting at here is- if this is an RPG being run by a lot of ex-DA veterans, it's natural to pull a lot of canon from DA and set this in that world. On the other hand; you may only want to pull things that you yourself came up with or had a large hand in developing.But I don't know that this is something that should be done in general, because if someone new starts an RPG and has their own ideas for a story, they may not explicitly say their RPG is not in the same universe of some RPG they never played, and while at first it probably won't make a difference eventually it might. It's better to say "all RPGs written by the same people (broadly) are set in the same universe unless otherwise noted", I think.Alternatively, you could always do what we used to do- which was not worry about it and reference whatever. :P Though this ended with the whole "portals to Metru Nui" thing so maybe that's a really bad idea...

Posted Image

#120 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 03:40 PM

So.... you are basically seconding Jackson Lake's perspective?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users