• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#161 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 09:14 AM

...Which hopefully will be annnny day now...One thing we should also think about is how to advertise these things. All three of these upcoming RPGs could probably draw in crowds from the rest of the site, except almost nobody pays attention to us over here. :P Does anyone know how to make really good banners?

================= Never forget . . . never stop ==================
qs32073.jpg
========== Support the LEGO RPG Subforum! ==========

#162 Offline TakunuvaC01

TakunuvaC01
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 11:34 AM

...Which hopefully will be annnny day now...One thing we should also think about is how to advertise these things. All three of these upcoming RPGs could probably draw in crowds from the rest of the site, except almost nobody pays attention to us over here. :P Does anyone know how to make really good banners?
There are main-page news articles for the Bionicle RPG contests, right? (Or at least there were, once upon a time).Perhaps the creation of new LGD RPGs could be submitted as news.

Posted Image

#163 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 12:01 PM

There's a thought...perhaps if we hold off until all three are up and running; they might not publish a story on one single RPG, but three at once, well...Incidentally, Canis, might we have a look at what precisely you've worked out? My curiosity is growing.

Edited by Jacks, Jan 12 2013 - 12:02 PM.

qs32073.jpg

#164 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 01:24 PM

Okay, here is what I have done so far:

Spoiler

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Edited by Canis, Jan 12 2013 - 04:25 PM.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#165 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 03:53 PM

When the news article about the RPGs is done, if it's done, how 'bout putting mine on the list to get new players?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#166 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2013 - 04:30 PM

You know, I'm not actually sure who is doing the news article.

For advertising, me, Jacks and Avmatoran (Maybe Zakaro as well if he has his RPG up soon) could go to Shattered Mask Productions for banners and put those in our sigs.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#167 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 12:16 AM

Shattered Mask Productions...I shall remember that.Regarding your RPG plans, I think it looks good, except for the bit where you said
Ranks are for players, so if you get Elite, all of your characters are Elite.
The logic behind this makes a bit of sense, but I have doubts about how well it will work in practice; some players (I'd probably be one of them, were I to join the Ninjago RPG) may want to have characters at different ranks -- a rookie NPC that one's primary character takes under their wing, or a veteran to give them help and advice.Generally, the unwritten rule of thumb for such cases has been None of your NPCs may outrank your Primary. I would suggest that you consider that as an alternative to requiring players to keep all their characters at the same rank.

qs32073.jpg

#168 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 07:53 AM

Shattered Mask Productions...I shall remember that.Regarding your RPG plans, I think it looks good, except for the bit where you said

Ranks are for players, so if you get Elite, all of your characters are Elite.
The logic behind this makes a bit of sense, but I have doubts about how well it will work in practice; some players (I'd probably be one of them, were I to join the Ninjago RPG) may want to have characters at different ranks -- a rookie NPC that one's primary character takes under their wing, or a veteran to give them help and advice.Generally, the unwritten rule of thumb for such cases has been None of your NPCs may outrank your Primary. I would suggest that you consider that as an alternative to requiring players to keep all their characters at the same rank.

Hmmm... The reason I did this was because you can have two PCs and I didn't think it made sense for someone to have to earn Elite rank twice. I will probably change 'all your characters' to 'both of your PCs', and your NPCs can be any rank (Not outranking your Primaries).

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#169 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 11:51 AM

Oh, shoot. I missed the two PCs bit. So I guess that makes sense, although another option you could consider is that players may be free to promote any of their characters up to but not exceeding the rank of their highest-ranking PC at their own discretion.So say you have a player who has two PCs but posts more/makes more meaningful contributions to the game as one priary than they do as the other. You could then promote that character to Elite, at which point the player could choose when to promote any of their other characters to Elite.Just my tuppence, though I can see now why your system would also work just fine.

Edited by Jacks, Jan 14 2013 - 11:51 AM.

qs32073.jpg

#170 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 07:30 AM

Any updates on the LURPG? And if any one else has anything to say about my RPG, feel free to comment.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#171 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 12:39 PM

No progress. We'll give it a few more days and if there's still no response, we shall send it to Sisen as well.

qs32073.jpg

#172 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 02:41 PM

So......Any news?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#173 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 07:31 PM

Could people please comment on my RPG? I really want to improve it, but no one except for Jacks has commented on it. It's not that people haven't been active- Avmatoran has posted twice since I posted my RPG, but neither time was about my RPG.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#174 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 08:42 PM

I thought ur Rpg was really good, and look forward to playing it.

#175 Offline TakunuvaC01

TakunuvaC01
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 12:04 PM

Could people please comment on my RPG? I really want to improve it, but no one except for Jacks has commented on it. It's not that people haven't been active- Avmatoran has posted twice since I posted my RPG, but neither time was about my RPG.
So I know nothing about Ninjago, as well as many other newer themes, but here's a few thoughts:-Is there a reason you are forcing players to restrict themselves to one weapon? I mean, yes... a warrior who favors the bow over the sword is going to primarily fight with the bow, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't switch to a sword, or dagger, or something else if someone charges them. (Just as a general example).-If you do want to restrict players to one weapon, you should have a list of possible weapons they can choose, rather than saying "whatever is used in the sets is acceptable".-The perks section is a little confusing to read, although I'm not entirely sure how it could be made better. Links to the actual sets would be one thing. Maybe break it down by elements -> ranks rather than ranks -> elements, and use a bulleted list or something?Jacks sorta already mentioned the main thing I noticed, but from a different angle- from a brief perusal of your RPG, it seems like there is only one faction to join, yes? What's the point of letting people have two player characters, then, if they can have ten NPCs? (Unless you are allowing players to join "The Enemy" faction- in which case this should be expressly stated).When Peasam and I did the Alpha Team (Ogel's Last Stand) RPG a while back, we allowed two characters, but that was so one could be in one faction and the other in the other faction.Also, and this is a bit more general- on placing limits on the number of NPCs one player can control / create- I'm not really sure I like the idea. I mean... in general, yes, you don't want to have too many NPCs running around the place. But what does that limit actually apply to? NPCs who are common members of "your squad", characters who generally go on missions with your primary character? Or any and all NPCs you need to create for the purposes of storytelling?By "for the purposes of storytelling", I mean cases like: let's say I want to add a conversation between an engineer servicing my vehicle and my main character so I can hint at some detail or another, or I need to introduce a redshirt NPC so I can kill them off later, or I want to write about a character in some other organization for some story (this may not be an issue in this setting, but it would be in, say, Dino Attack).So... onto what class of NPC does this restriction actually apply?Also, I can't tell from the rules, but are you expecting people to fill out the character form for their NPCs?

Posted Image

#176 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 03:49 PM

So I know nothing about Ninjago, as well as many other newer themes, but here's a few thoughts:-Is there a reason you are forcing players to restrict themselves to one weapon? I mean, yes... a warrior who favors the bow over the sword is going to primarily fight with the bow, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't switch to a sword, or dagger, or something else if someone charges them. (Just as a general example).-If you do want to restrict players to one weapon, you should have a list of possible weapons they can choose, rather than saying "whatever is used in the sets is acceptable".-The perks section is a little confusing to read, although I'm not entirely sure how it could be made better. Links to the actual sets would be one thing. Maybe break it down by elements -> ranks rather than ranks -> elements, and use a bulleted list or something?Jacks sorta already mentioned the main thing I noticed, but from a different angle- from a brief perusal of your RPG, it seems like there is only one faction to join, yes? What's the point of letting people have two player characters, then, if they can have ten NPCs? (Unless you are allowing players to join "The Enemy" faction- in which case this should be expressly stated).When Peasam and I did the Alpha Team (Ogel's Last Stand) RPG a while back, we allowed two characters, but that was so one could be in one faction and the other in the other faction.Also, and this is a bit more general- on placing limits on the number of NPCs one player can control / create- I'm not really sure I like the idea. I mean... in general, yes, you don't want to have too many NPCs running around the place. But what does that limit actually apply to? NPCs who are common members of "your squad", characters who generally go on missions with your primary character? Or any and all NPCs you need to create for the purposes of storytelling?By "for the purposes of storytelling", I mean cases like: let's say I want to add a conversation between an engineer servicing my vehicle and my main character so I can hint at some detail or another, or I need to introduce a redshirt NPC so I can kill them off later, or I want to write about a character in some other organization for some story (this may not be an issue in this setting, but it would be in, say, Dino Attack).So... onto what class of NPC does this restriction actually apply?Also, I can't tell from the rules, but are you expecting people to fill out the character form for their NPCs?

Okay, I will respond to these points in order.

-Weapons: I will probably change that to favorite weapon. You could use others, but the one you put on your form should be your main. I put the set thing in so that if someone wanted to use a complicated weapon and didn't know how to describe it, they could say it is in whatever set. I will probably link to a list at the Ninjago Wiki - I'm pretty sure they have one.

-Perks Section: Most perks are not element specific, so I thought it would make more sense to be done this way.

-Two PCs: While this RPG does not have factions, the elements differ between themselves greatly. You can have different powers and vehicles. I have two PCs so that you could have two characters of two elements.

-NPCs- I did this so people didn't have armies of NPCs or so many that they lost track of all of them. After hearing what you had to say, I allow for unlimited NPCs. That one part was not very well thought out on my half, so there never was a class of NPC that it applied to.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#177 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 03:16 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]For those who have any interest, work has begun on the Chima RPG![/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]It will be set before the 1000 year peace, but not so far that we're getting into the time when animals were just transforming.[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]@Canis:[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I like the RPG, but I'd also like to point out a couple things:[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-What if you want a PC to be a Skulkin, Serpentine, or Stone Army? Would someone be allow to make up their own Recruit-Standard-Elite chart, then have you approve?[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-Does a good PC have to be a ninja? Could they train as a samurai under Nya, or do other things?[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-Custom Vehicles?[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/font][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#178 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 03:22 PM

^I doubt custom vehicles would be necessary for Ninjago since there are already vehicles in the sets.

qs32073.jpg

#179 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 03:30 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]True, but if someone had already built one for their ninja and wanted to use it...[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Just trying to point out things.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#180 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 04:01 PM

Well, the problem with that is that, in a game in which access to various canon vehicles is a major signifier of rank, the host would have to approve every single custom vehicle, to make sure that players are not circumventing the rank system to get better vehicles without earning them. (That was an issue in the DARPG early on, when several players gave their characters giant airships, and another gave his NPCs tanks.) Plus it could be tricky to attach custom vehicles to ranks.Now, you may wonder that I am explaining why custom vehicles are a questionable idea while simultaneously planning to allow them in my own RPG. I did ponder the advantages and disadvantages very extensively, and I do believe it will work for the LURPG for two reasons: 1) Vehicles have almost always been used as the primary rank perks, but LEGO Universe didn't really have much in the way of vehicles apart from the rockets and cars and whatnot. And since the LURPG will only have two ranks, only the higher of which has custom vehicles, the feature cannnot be used to circumvent the ranks. 2) LEGO Universe was all about imagination, so it fits thematically.On the other hand, in a theme which already has vehicles in its canon, custom vehicles would be a superfluous complication. However, I don't think this would rule out canon vehicles that have simply been modified. I've seen that route taken many times over the years.

Edited by Jacks, Jan 19 2013 - 04:03 PM.

qs32073.jpg

#181 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 04:17 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Alright, I see what you're talking about. I'll leave it there, however, so Canis can put his input in. :P[/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#182 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 04:33 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]For those who have any interest, work has begun on the Chima RPG![/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]It will be set before the 1000 year peace, but not so far that we're getting into the time when animals were just transforming.[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]@Canis:[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I like the RPG, but I'd also like to point out a couple things:[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-What if you want a PC to be a Skulkin, Serpentine, or Stone Army? Would someone be allow to make up their own Recruit-Standard-Elite chart, then have you approve?[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-Does a good PC have to be a ninja? Could they train as a samurai under Nya, or do other things?[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-Custom Vehicles?[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#800080;]Zakaro[/color][/font][/font]

-I wanted to allow people to do this, but I had trouble balancing the perks compared to the ninja. The main problem was powers- How could tunneling though the ground and other Serpentine powers be ranked up effectively? If someone wanted to make their own chart, I might except it.

-I would say yes. NPCs of yours could be Samurai, but not your PCs.

-I would prefer not. If you have a custom vehicle you really want, you could PM me for approval.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#183 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 05:07 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Sample Profiles, a Blank Profile, and Commented Profile coming soonCool, thank you for answering my questions. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And hey, here's the Chima RPG![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Legends of Chima:[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]The Forgotten Tales[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]There are other stories told in the land of Chima, long epics of adventure and action. Most have happened in the thousand-year peace, but this one, which has been forgotten by all but a few in each tribe, remains the oldest of them, and occurs long before the peace... [/font][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Nearly 50 years before, in fact...[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Introduction:[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Welcome one and all to Legends of Chima: The Forgotten Tales. Being set before the thousand-year peace, almost zero references will be made to something in the TV series. However, most of the aspects of the series will be included within the RPG. You, as a player, will assume the role of a warrior or whatever you wish to be in one of the tribes.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Overview[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]The Kingdom of Chima is in disarray. The Wolves and Lions have gone to war over the ownership of the Golden Chi, which was supposedly won by the Wolf Warrior Wrodez. Lion Warrior Leonixus protests that the Wolf used a hidden weapon to gain an unfair advantage, to which he replied that it was covered with its safety guard and that Leonixus should have seen it. Tensions between the tribes had been building from the Lions refusing to grant the Wolves more Chi, even though their tribe had a large group Coming of Age and said they needed more to fulfill the needs of their vehicles and the teens. Which side will you choose?[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Tribes[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]As info on every tribe is limited, not all will be intractable/playable until the summer, and maybe some past then.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Lions[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]As a Tribe, the Lions are the rule makers, and then they follow them to the dot. They attempt to maintain peace as best they can, even when they disagree with other Tribes. Strict yet fun-loving, they are the protectors of the Sacred Pool of Chi. Led by a King and Queen, with each firstborn continuing the line. Important characteristics are:[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]-Either brown, orange, or red manes. Red indicates royal linage, gray or white shows age.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]-Based in the Lion Temple.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Eagles[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Often airheaded, the Eagles just kind-a float around Chima, discussing life and making calculations. Among the smartest Tribes, some Eagles are able to figure out just about anything if you give them enough time and space to write. They are led by the Eagle Council, which talks much more than does.  Important characteristics are:[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -White, sky blue or dark blue feathers. Darker blue usually indicates Council linage.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -Based in the Eagle’s Castle[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Crocodiles[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Competitive, cunning, prideful- All traits of the Croc Tribe. Even though they’re sometimes the source of strife in a conflict, they’re still a Tribe to be respected and treaded lightly around. They are willing to negotiate to solve problems instead of just fight, because fighting can only hurt both sides. Most of the time. Led by a King and Queen. Important characteristics are:[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -Dark green, lime, or brown scales. Dark green indicates royal linage.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -Based in the Croc Palace[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Wolves[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Pack animals, they live close together. Most decisions are made quickly and effortlessly. Some are backstabbers, deceivers, cunning, and just plain unlikeable. Others are kind, helpful, and trustworthy, once you gain it.  Made of several different packs which come together at meetings and tournaments, they’re more of an alliance between Wolves rather than a true Tribe. Led by a Tribe Leader, the strongest of the Pack Leaders, who’s position can be challenged for. Important characteristics are:[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -Fur in shades from Black to white, with any shade of grey in-between. Darker fur means stronger, lighter means faster. [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -No true base. They live in dens all over the place.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Ravens[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Thieves. One word that summons up the Raven Tribe in a nutshell. If there’s a competition for something, they’ll participate, but if they don’t win or it seems easier, they’ll just steal the prize. Some have a knack for math, which allows them to keep track of what they’ve taken. Easily bought. Led by the Grand Thief Master, who’s position can be challenged for. Important characteristics are:[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -Armor may be steel, silver, or gold. Better the metal, better the thief.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]            -No true base. Constantly moving around to avoid justice, even if the Eagles wouldn’t ever decide on a punishment.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Bears, Rhinos, Skunks, Gorillas, Foxes[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]-WILL BE UPDATED WHEN INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE-[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Currently not playable.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Locations[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]-Chima will be simply made up, and any differences can be attributed to changes in the landscape when the Chi gets out of balance -[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Ranks[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Like most other RPGs in this forum, there’s a ranking system. However, it’s a little different.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]When you first start, you get 1 PC that’s not of Age, and only faceless NPCs. (Trainee) After 10 good posts, you can create a character that’s anyone but a leader of a Tribe. (Or in the Wolves’ case, no Pack Leaders as well.) (Warrior) You can choose for your first PC to Come of Age then, or wait. You can have up to 2 PCs, and as many NPCs, faceless or developed, as you want after 10 good posts.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]When I feel you’ve contributed quite a lot to the RPG, you will be able to use the more powerful vehicles. (Elite)[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]A few select people will be Staff, and will be able to control the NPC Tribe/Pack Leaders.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Vehicles[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]You can only use the ones corresponding to your tribe. You must go to the Tribe’s base to receive one, and you can’t just grab another if it crashes. When there is a number like this: (X) You need that many people to operate the vehicle. [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Trainee Vehicles: Speedor[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Warrior Vehicles: Razcal’s Glider, Crawley’s Claw Ripper, Lennox’s Lion Attack, Eris’s Eagle Interceptor, Wakz's Pack Tracker[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Elite Vehicles: Laval’s Royal Fighter (2), Cragger’s Command Ship (4), Razar’s Chi Raider, Equila’s Ultra Striker (Accepting suggestions for a Elite Wolf vehicle) [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Rules[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]The Lions insisted. Compiled from the Dino Attack RPG, as well as a few of my own.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]1.  All BZP Rules stay in effect. Why one would think they don’t apply, I have no idea…[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]2. Use IC and OOC for in and out of character. Ex.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Leonixus dove out of the way of the incoming Speedor. Who knew they went around this way?[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]OOC: Anyone want to be the Speedor driver?  [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]3. Keep it suitable for kids. No descriptions of gore, and keep romance to kisses and maybe maybe implying an implication. NOMORE.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]4. Don’t kill anyone without permission. If it’s a NPC, ask the user or the GM. If it’s a PC, you better be told you can. Or you might be the one getting killed.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]5. If you don’t post at all for a month, your name will be marked. If you know you’ll be gone for x amount of time, tell me so I can add a return date. EX: User9001: Inactive until 9/4/16[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]6. Follow the Ranking system. Also, remember: If you crash/lose a vehicle, you’re not going to immediately going to get another of the exact same kind. Vehicles are about the same size, and can’t appear out of no-where.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]7. Profiles go here, in the topic. No PM. And remember: we have lives too. No hassle.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]8. No GMing, no bunnying. Even if your character has Chi in their chest, give the other person a chance.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]9. No interaction with other Lego themes. Chima is unlike other themes in that aspect, it’s separate and can’t combine. Almost like Bionicle.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]10. Respect the GM and Staff. GM: Zakaro Staff: None currently[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Profiles[/font][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sample Profiles, a Blank Profile, and Commented Profile coming soon[/font].

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]GM-NPCs coming soon, Staff-NPCs coming soon, Players and their characters will go here.[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"](GM-PC: Game Master-NonPrimary Character. Beings such as Leonixus and the Lion and Wolf Leaders who I want to keep under my direct control. Staff-NPC: NPCs that are too important to be used by the average player but that I don’t need to directly control. Only Staff may control them. Beings such as the Eagle Council and the other Tribe Leaders.)[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Key Events [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]-Lions and Wolves go to war. [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]-Current alliances: Lions vs. Wolves. All others neutral. [/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Thank you,[/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Zakaro[/color][/font]

Edited by ZakarOMEGA'D!, May 31 2013 - 04:34 PM.

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#184 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 05:34 PM

Looks pretty good at a glance. I'll go through it more carefully when I have more time to see if anything stands out.

qs32073.jpg

#185 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 07:06 PM

I am looking forward to seeing this more developed. I just have two suggestions:

-Mix up the good and evil tribes (Talking about the current series). IE: Crocs and Lions on one side; Wolves, Eagles and Ravens on the other. This would make it not have clearly defined good and evil, which I think is good.

-If you do that, make the Wolves and Ravens less evil in their descriptions. 

These are just my two suggestions.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#186 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 07:19 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Ah, dang it. I forgot to add a 'Key Events' Section. XD[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Well, currently I'm planning for it to start with just Lion vs. Wolves with all the others starting neutral. The players' actions IC would determine the Eagle, Raven, and Croc Tribes' alliances. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]K?[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Also, I'll change that, since I kinda pulled it straight from the Bios on Lego.com... XD[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]EDIT: Added some stuff to Crocs and Wolves. Made it so that some Wolves are as we've seen in the show and on Lego.com, but others are different. Probably gonna have two different packs, one good and one bad.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#800080;]Zakaro[/color][/font]

Edited by Zakar0%, Jan 19 2013 - 07:36 PM.

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#187 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 08:22 PM

Would both packs be fighting the Lions? Also, you might want to allow for white wolves on the good side, with black only on the bad. That's just an idea, but you might want to think about it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#188 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 12:50 AM

The Lego Universe RPG is now open for business.

qs32073.jpg

#189 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 07:49 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]@Canis: I'll consider that. Perhaps fur lightness can imply 'good'ness...[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And heck yeah go Universe[/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#190 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 05:52 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]If no one else has anything to say about my RPG, I will submit it around this time tomorrow. Zakaro, when do you think your RPG is going to be up? If it is soon, I will wait on the news article. If not, when my RPG gets approved, I will start it.[/font]

On a side note, the Alien Conquest RPG is getting ignored.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#191 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 06:36 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Eh, it won't up be very soon. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And yeah, it's being ignored. P[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I'll go fix that.[/font]

Edited by Zakar0%, Jan 20 2013 - 06:36 PM.

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#192 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 06:08 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]I have submitted the Ninjago RPG to Spink for approval. I hope to get a reply in a few days.[/font]

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#193 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:00 PM

Good luck! Once it's up and running I shall email the newsfolk to see about an article on the front page.

qs32073.jpg

#194 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:03 PM

If you do, mention Alien Conquest please! It's dying over here!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#195 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:06 PM

Oh, that's been in the draft for a while now. Don't you worry.

qs32073.jpg

#196 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 01:00 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]I have just sent a PM to Sisen for approval. I hope to get a reply soon.[/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]EDIT: Sisen has approved my RPG.[/font]

Edited by Canis, Jan 27 2013 - 08:27 PM.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#197 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 08:41 PM

Psyched to see Ninjago up! I've just sent off the email to the news team, plugging your game, the LURPG, and Alien Conquest, as well as Zakaro's upcoming Chima RPG. If we're lucky, we might have an influx of players in the near future. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacks, Jan 27 2013 - 08:42 PM.

qs32073.jpg

#198 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 04:48 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]@Canis: I'll consider that. Perhaps fur lightness can imply 'good'ness...[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And heck yeah go Universe[/font]

On a note related to this, we have just gotten a picture of Windra from the Nuremburg Toy Fair, and she is white. So, you could just have the two tribes form one over the years as an explanation. The fox tribe has also been released, so they should make an appearance.

Edited by Canis, Feb 02 2013 - 04:49 PM.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#199 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 05:18 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]More tribes.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"] <_< [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Just what we needed.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I mean, we honestly can't have half the tribes even active at this point, with the amount of RPGers in the LEGO RPG forum and even just in general.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Heck, I could even open it up to each person can somewhat control a tribe and there'd still be inactive tribes. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]So yeah, the Chima RPG will get an addition sometime soon.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]When I get around to it.[/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#200 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 05:37 PM

Of course, we would have more players if the news team gave a drat about this subforum. It's been almost a week since I sent them that email, and there's been nothing. That they don't consider the steps we are taking to revitalize an entire subcommunity of the website to be newsworthy doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that we don't even merit a reply saying "We don't consider this to be newsworthy." I fully understand that they are people with lives who are at least as busy as all of us, but gosh, it would've taken all of five seconds.Rant over, before I accidentally turn this thread into a bitter ragefest. :P Still can't wait to see the Chima RPG leave the hangar.

Edited by Jacks, Feb 02 2013 - 05:37 PM.

qs32073.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users