• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#201 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 05:47 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Just out of curiosity, did you send it to the email, or PM a newsperson? If you PMed, somebody, you should email the account.[/font]

Edited by Canis, Feb 02 2013 - 05:47 PM.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#202 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 06:45 PM

I said it was an email and it was. Trust me, I've been around the block before. :P

================= Never forget . . . never stop ==================
qs32073.jpg
========== Support the LEGO RPG Subforum! ==========

#203 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 10:11 AM

Chima RPG updated!

Changes include:

-Wolf Tribe's description changed from comments

-Foxes added to unknown Tribes section

-Locations will be here soon, reasoning for having made-up ones placed in that section

-Suggestions for a Elite Wolf vehicle open

-Staff's role clarified

-Profile stuff will be up soon

On a side note, I'm willing to accept applications for Staff at this point. I'd prefer people other than the ones currently running their own RPG, but if that's all I get then..

:notsure:

Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#204 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 11:47 AM

Man, if I had time for anything more than the LURPG on top of Real Life, I'd already be playing in Ninjago and I wouldn't have dropped out of Alien Conquest. :PAnyway, the changes look good. And in fact, Chima being such a new theme, I'm beginning to think you actually have the best chance at drawing new folks in here.

Edited by Jacks, Feb 03 2013 - 11:51 AM.

qs32073.jpg

#205 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 03:37 PM

So, I haven't really been around this part of the forum, like, at all, since it got split from LGD, but I've been working on this idea for a while now and I'd really appreciate feedback. And whether or not anyone would actually play it. Or help me with a better looking map. Also, name suggestions. Because for now I'm calling it A Game of Bricks (because you know it just wasn't obvious enough where I was drawing a ton of inspiration from) but something more fitting would be nice :P

Spoiler

Edited by Lord of Adders Black, Feb 13 2013 - 12:23 PM.

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#206 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would probably play this, just one question though. I just started A Game of Thrones,and there are several mentionings of wizards and such. Are these all false? If not, could our character be one?

Thanks,

-sonyaxe

#207 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 04:00 PM

Its not a Lego version of Game of Thrones, more an attempt at making a mash up of every Castle theme Lego has done into one RPG. I've merely taken inspiration from GoT, in things like titles or place names.

Since the RPG mentions Willa the Witch and the evil sorcerer from 2007/8 I suppose it would be possible for your character to be a wizard of sorts, it would depend on the profile

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#208 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 06:58 PM

OOC:I could be staff in Chima RPG. I think I can handle multi-tasking that much.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#209 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 09:59 PM

Oh, I see. The map, btw, looks like a flipped around Westeros.

#210 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:11 AM

Oh, I see. The map, btw, looks like a flipped around Westeros.

It's England. I did wonder how recognisable it would be without Scotland and Wales attached. Its not exactly what I had in mind for Albion, but the best I could do with my poor map-making skills and some elements of it certainly fit

#211 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:30 PM

@Zakaro- I think I can handle the responsibility of managing two RPGs. For an Elite Wolf vehicle, I recommend the Combat Lair, found here.

@LoAB-  I have a couple things to say.

• First, can you have more than one character?
  • To make this more connected to LEGO, I would change orc to troll, as trolls have been in a Castle Theme, but orcs haven't.
  • For a name, I recommend 'Castle RPG: The Fight For Albion'. You could change 'The Fight For Albion' with any subtitle you want, but you have to have 'Castle RPG'. Here in the LEGO RPG forum, almost all RPG are just the theme and RPG. The only exceptions are the LEGO Universe RPG, which simply didn't have 'RPG', and the Dino Attack RPG, which had a subtitle.
  • My participation will be based on how busy the Chima and Ninjago RPGs are, -Chima if I get accepted for staff- and if you can use magic.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#212 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'd allow more than one character yes.

I know they were called trolls in the actual descriptions of the sets, I just prefer thinking of them as orcs  :P Might change it anyway to make things more obviously Castle themed

Like I told sonyaxe, I'd allow characters with magic depending on how that magic was used. Obviously the rules of godmodding would apply to a mage

Edited by Lord of Adders Black, Feb 04 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#213 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 12:35 AM

Canis- Given that this subforum is entirely dedicated to RPGs, I don't think it's actually necessary for the titles to have 'RPG' in them; the only threads that aren't RPGs are this one, the Rules, and the now-defunct "What is this place?". And in fact, yours is the only game here with 'RPG' in the title; avmatoran's Alien Conquest RPG is just called "Alien Conquest."So Adders could really just call his game "Castle: The Fight for Albion."

Edited by Jacks, Feb 05 2013 - 01:45 AM.

qs32073.jpg

#214 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 01:44 PM

So, I suppose I'm relatively new here, and really haven't touched the Lego RPG forum for any extended length of time.  Still, I've recently been toying with the idea of an Exo-Force RPG for some time, and I was curious as to if anyone would actually play such a thing.  I've only got real bare-bones basics down as of now, seeing as I've just started to put what was in my head onto paper.

Or vitual paper, but still. :P

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#215 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 02:10 PM

There was an Exo-Force game back when this was all LGD, and I think it was fairly successful for a time, but that was while Exo-Force was still an active theme. If you think you could drum up interest via nostalgia appeal, I'd say it's worth a shot. Of course, I don't think we're all that good at gauging the preferences of the rest of the site -- I was certain that Ninjago and Alien Conquest would both explode with new players.But why don't you share some of your ideas?

qs32073.jpg

#216 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 02:33 PM

Part of our unpopularity might be the fact we are pretty unknown here. If the news team ever mentions our growing subforum on the news,  we might get new players, and possibly go through said explosion.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#217 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 04:03 PM

I'm not certain they're going to. I am considering plugging our games in the BZP Group on the Book of Faces, but I don't want to do that until I am sure beyond any possible doubt that we aren't getting a news story.

qs32073.jpg

#218 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 10:29 AM

Nostalgia appeal would probably be my main "tactic" so to say.

So far, I'm planning on having the RPG mostly revolve around player vs player, where as players would have the option to play as either robots or humans.  A loose plot might guide the story forward, but what happens in the RPG would be largely effected by player decisions over the course of the RPG.  It will take place during the first year, with the humans battling the robots over the Tenchi Bridge.  The arc might progress to the Golden City, but that would be relient on what players do.  Gameplay-wise, only Split Mountain-Era battle machines would be available for use, but as with everything else, that could change over the course of the RPG.

I suppose it's a bit ambitious, but I'm gonna shoot high at first.

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#219 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:12 PM

Sooo, any updates on any of the RPGs?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#220 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 07:15 PM

I updated mine a bit. I took your suggestions on board and changed orc to troll, and made it more clear that magic is around but its not what it used to be

#221 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 07:52 PM

Looks good, when this comes out I may have a goal within the RPG if it is allowed.

#222 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 05:59 PM

Now that LoAB's Castle RPG exists, maybe we should resubmit the news article. With one brand-new RPG and two fairly new ones, the news people may think it 'more newsworthy'. If we do, I would recommend putting in something like this: New RPGs in the Bionicle RPG forum get news articles, so why not us?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#223 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 02:05 AM

New RPGs in the Bionicle RPG forum get news articles, so why not us?
That basically sums up the entire opening of the first email I sent. :PAnd I will take that into consideration.

qs32073.jpg

#224 Offline rabbit

rabbit
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,051 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 11:12 AM

So, I suppose I'm relatively new here, and really haven't touched the Lego RPG forum for any extended length of time.  Still, I've recently been toying with the idea of an Exo-Force RPG for some time, and I was curious as to if anyone would actually play such a thing.  I've only got real bare-bones basics down as of now, seeing as I've just started to put what was in my head onto paper.

Or vitual paper, but still. :P

I'm not certain they're going to. I am considering plugging our games in the BZP Group on the Book of Faces, but I don't want to do that until I am sure beyond any possible doubt that we aren't getting a news story.

Nostalgia appeal would probably be my main "tactic" so to say.

So far, I'm planning on having the RPG mostly revolve around player vs player, where as players would have the option to play as either robots or humans.  A loose plot might guide the story forward, but what happens in the RPG would be largely effected by player decisions over the course of the RPG.  It will take place during the first year, with the humans battling the robots over the Tenchi Bridge.  The arc might progress to the Golden City, but that would be relient on what players do.  Gameplay-wise, only Split Mountain-Era battle machines would be available for use, but as with everything else, that could change over the course of the RPG.

I suppose it's a bit ambitious, but I'm gonna shoot high at first.

Oh hey Gravs.  I'm glad you posted in here.  Are you and Ghosthands still using that Skype chatroom we made back in October  or so for this?  Although by the time I went inactive, our progress was slowing down and such.  But if you plan on continuing this - I hope you do, too - I can try to send you the little snippets of art and stuff I made for the project, along with any other files.  This might not be able to happen, for I only have until the 24th, when I must go back to my boarding school, to try to salvage the files.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#225 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 09:02 PM

So whatever happened to the Chima RPG?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#226 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 09:14 PM

So whatever happened to the Chima RPG?

I mentioned it in a PM to Zakaro, and he said he is just procrastinating.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#227 Online avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members

• 1,074 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 09:53 PM

Oh. Well, we can't get mad at him for that. We are all guilty of that once in a while.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

#228 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 08:23 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Yep, I'm just procrastinating. :P[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Also, I do want to see if I can make a Bio RPG for the contest, so while I may work on the Chima RPG some, I'm gonna hold off on truly starting it up until I lose the contest/win it and get the RPG set up. Whichever happens. :)[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#229 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2013 - 03:45 PM

Any updates on Chima or Exo-Force? (The last Exo-Force update was about 20 days ago, so I'm getting a little bit worried.)

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#230 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members

• 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2013 - 06:31 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]My reasons above still hold, but locations are starting to creep into my mind, begging to be made. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Also, one big thing:[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]How much would everyone care if all the mostly unknown Tribes that currently have no seperate section were combined into one Faction, an Alliance of the Lowly if you wish to put it that way.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]This would solve most of the problems we have with knowing almost nothing about half the Tribes. If/when we get information about them, the Tribe can simply break off and become its own full Tribe. (Gorillas)[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

#231 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2013 - 06:44 PM

So these 'lesser' tribes would be the Beavers (Yes, they are real), Foxes, Skunks, Bears and Rhinos, right? I'm fine with this idea, anyways.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#232 Offline rabbit

rabbit
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,051 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 05:22 PM

Any updates on Chima or Exo-Force? (The last Exo-Force update was about 20 days ago, so I'm getting a little bit worried.)

Well, I'm not actively working on it right now, and the project sort of faded away after late november.  I'll PM one of the other guys to find out more... and get back to you after I stop procrastinating.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#233 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 05:35 PM

I had a new idea to help advertise this forum. In Voting Booth, a premier opens up a poll saying, 'What theme would you want to see as a LEGO RPG?'. People vote, and in the process, hear about this place.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#234 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,724 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 02:03 AM

I had a new idea to help advertise this forum. In Voting Booth, a premier opens up a poll saying, 'What theme would you want to see as a LEGO RPG?'. People vote, and in the process, hear about this place.

That's a good idea, but most of us aren't premier, and I'm not sure who to PM for something like that. 

#235 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 07:36 AM

The only Premier that I know that plays here is Nanosuit User, so we should probably ask him.

Well, it is certain that we aren't going to get an article, so I guess we should do this. I don't actually know what the Book of Faces is, so I can't do it...

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#236 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 03:59 PM

Don't forget Elvis. He too is premier.

(Even though he just started)

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One, Apr 14 2013 - 03:59 PM.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#237 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 06:56 AM

So it is Kaithis/Elvis or Nanosuit User/Death From Above/Toa Liang.

Anyways, here are some ideas for themes to put in the poll:

• Rock Raiders/Power Miners
  • Adventurers (Johnny Thunder)
  • Pirates
  • Wild West/Cowboys
  • Aqua Raiders/Atlantis/Aquanauts

The poll would also say something about the four running RPGs (Alien Conquest, LU, Ninjago, Castle) and the three in planning (Chima, Exo-Force, Hero Factory)(iBrow posted something in his blog about an HFRPG).

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#238 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,724 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 10:33 AM

The HF RPG was in collaboration with yours truly and has been postponed indefinitely, last I heard.  

#239 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 11:43 AM

Over a month ago, iBrow posted this. Nothing completely definitive from iBrow, so who ever makes the poll should put Hero Factory as an option. Does anyone else have any themes?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#240 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 01:47 PM

Well, it is certain that we aren't going to get an article, so I guess we should do this. I don't actually know what the Book of Faces is, so I can't do it...

That big social networking site which I don't know whether or not we're allowed to explicitly mention here. :PI fully support this poll idea, by the way.

qs32073.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users