LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have an odd idea. It's a little crazy, and probably wouldn't work.

A crossover RPG. Between all of the current RPGs. Except Hero Factory because those people aren't figs.

So, every RPG is an alternate universe. Then, a dimensional portal/bridge/whatever opens up and connects them all.

The evil people in each RPG team up to do something, like mine an advanced power source.

Then the good guys beat them and send everyone back to their proper dimensions.

What do you think?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I was actually thinking something like this, but having it be more like the BZRPG in a way, with each RPG connected and having its own setting..

But personally, unless we build something like that up from the ground, it'll be hard to integrate. For example, at this point, there's at least 3-4 Jack Storms running around, and so that would become confusing. :P

so yeah kthxbai

(Also for anyone who wants to know, work on the Chima RPG has stalled due to not knowing if the current playerbase can support it.. :/)

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Actually, having multiples of the same guy running around would be a fun aspect. For example, it's a long story, but two Cyristas exist in the LURPG - the one I play and one from the DARPG. I'm considering bringing the other one in, so I play as two of the same guy.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I actually have four or three of most of my characters. Except for Zaxis and Hirion.

av, Zakaro's point was that having multiples preventing the RPGs from being in one universe. My suggestion is that all the RPGs merge in one, temporary topic.

I think that having four versions of my characters running around would be fun too.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

And I could finally use my upgraded Battle Machine!(wait, exo-force will be in this right?)

Yeah, it will, but this game won't be much different from the others, if it is made. If you can't use the machine there, you won't be able to use it here.

As for a story, I think it would be easiest for my villain to start/create the inter-dimensional traveling, as he is a dimension hopper to begin with.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I'm going to point out that you could have all your characters from previous RPGs if it is modeled that it is an alternate universe of the same universe so your characters are the same people molded by what happened in their respective universe.

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by this. I assume you're saying one can have characters from old RPGs if they are alternate universes, but the only old LEGO RPG is Dino Attack (Unless you count the ones in the archive, which aren't accessible.)But anyways, this would only be a crossover between Ninjago, Alien Conquest, Lego Universe and Exo-Force, and possibly Castle and Hero Factory.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Moreso, at the least, Ninjago.

Cause you'd really kinda need the GM's permission for LU, Alien Conquest and Exo-Force. Same with Castle. :P

I'm expecting avmatoran to be fine with it, not sure 'bout Gravity and Jacks, and it's likely LoAB will refuse, but what do I know. :P

Also, Canis, waitin' on ya in Ninjago. ^_^

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Actually, having multiples of the same guy running around would be a fun aspect. For example, it's a long story, but two Cyristas exist in the LURPG - the one I play and one from the DARPG. I'm considering bringing the other one in, so I play as two of the same guy.

Hmm, I'd assumed that DARPG Cyrista/Dr. Cyborg didn't exist in the LURPG universe. I'd treated Virchaus' comment on the Venture Explorer as a mere hat-tip. Granted, another possible interpretation that has just occurred to me is that, in the LURPG universe, there was a cyborg scientist on Earth who fought in the Dino Attack, defecting from XERRD and joining the DA under the alias "Dr. Cyborg," but was not Matthew Cyrista. In that case, Virchaus and Neal would find Cyrista familiar simply because he is a cyborg of a similar appearance. But I'm getting off topic, and shall now address the idea at hand.

Okay, I have an odd idea. It's a little crazy, and probably wouldn't work.A crossover RPG. Between all of the current RPGs. Except Hero Factory because those people aren't figs.So, every RPG is an alternate universe. Then, a dimensional portal/bridge/whatever opens up and connects them all.The evil people in each RPG team up to do something, like mine an advanced power source.Then the good guys beat them and send everyone back to their proper dimensions.What do you think?

I think it would be pretty crazy, but it could be fun. However, I believe it would only work as a temporary event, maybe two months at the most. Also, it's not the sort of thing that would attract new players, so I would stronly suggest we keep it on the back burner until this subforum has done a lot more growing.

I was actually thinking something like this, but having it be more like the BZRPG in a way, with each RPG connected and having its own setting..But personally, unless we build something like that up from the ground, it'll be hard to integrate. For example, at this point, there's at least 3-4 Jack Storms running around, and so that would become confusing.

Connecting all the topics would be an absolute mess, and it would probably drive away potential players, as it would require them to keep up with all the active RPGs at once. If we were to do this, I would definitely advocate for a separate topic. Plus, that way we'd have the option of bringing back RPGs that have died/completed.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Good, except that wouldn't involve the villains and heroes of each RPG collaborating with others of their same affiliation.The crossover RPG would have to introduce new concepts and storylines, whereas the stated idea would exclusively use preexisting ones.There's also the fact that your suggestion would be more tournament and schedulung based, but players would enjoy a free-rpaming RPG much more.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

so I was in the shower thinking

and suddenly I just kinda realized it

I don't think making the Chima RPG will work out..

Basically, there's two things driving this. A, lack of interest from both sides (Me and you players) and B, I just got an amazing idea for an RPG.

so yeah.

I'm setting Chima up for taking, any interested peeps can either use what I've done or make their own stuffs so hey.

As for the amazing idea.. one sentence.

Pirates + Underwater themes.

dunno when I'll get the first copy up, but hey, whateves.

It shall happen eventually. Hopefully. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Interesting. Very interesting. You mean a combination of assorted Pirate and Underwater themes, like Pirates, Aqua Raiders, Atlantis, etc.?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Hm, that does sound interesting. I remember participating in a brainstorm for a possible RPG a few years back that would have covered all the classic underwater themes (except Alpha Team MDS) but that fell through because in the end it would have been too complex. The fact that you mean to include Pirates as well intrigues me. I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

@Av: yerp, that's exactly what I'm going for here. :P

@Jacks: I see, I see. I will come out and say this now, however, it's not likely I'm going to be able to include every theme, but at the least I'll try to get each one made into a faction or sub-faction.

The premise will likely be most connected mostly to Pirates and Atlantis, simply because those are the themes I know best, and quite a bit of the premise will likely be created over my camping stints w/o technology. ;) :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Alright, so here's what I'm thinking for the factions and setting currently.

Three factions of humans and then the sea beast/animal warrior faction. One faction based off the good people from Aquazone and Aqua Raiders, (Yellow vehicles w/ Blue glass), one based off the Atlantis Divers, (Red w/ Green glass), and one the 'evil' people in Aquazone. (Black & Grey w/ Red/Orange glass)

Each one is gonna be tied to either the Pirates, Navy, or some other faction above the waves. The tech/no tech below/above the waves is likely gonna be explained with 'something in the air' or such, I'm thinking that perhaps it'll be the "Magic Residue blowing across from Albion prevents most technology from functioning within x miles from the land" type of idea, with most of the setting being within that radius, hence the sails on ships and such.

However, if I can't pull it all together, I may drop the above-water aspect entirely and just switch to completely under the waves, with three corporations of divers searching for treasure. ;)

Wheee~

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Avmatoran and I played the amazing Dino attack RPG for the last five years. It’s an incredible story and it really got us into the TBRPG Theater. Since it’s end a few years ago there has been a hole in our life that can only be filled by obsessive writing and posting. Our experience with the RPG has allowed us to mature as writers and encouraged us to evolve and take on the burden of hosting our own story.

An RPG based on 2012’s dino line seemed like a natural segue. With the collaboration of one of my colleagues, avmatoran, I have worked out a suitable outline that I believe could become a very interesting story. It includes the core ideas of the Dino line but also draws from the Alien conquest mythology and even some of the collectible minifigures.

My take on the story would be relatively serious and include acts of rebellion, sabotage, conspiracy, tribulation, fighting, revenge, escapes, love, miracles, and deep political intrigue. Of course aliens and dinosours will also be in the mix. Avmatoran and I hope to convey these themes but also write a thrilling adventure.

I like to think that my outline of the story (set in three acts) would ensure that it remains moving and active. My only question is if there is enough of an interest in the somewhat obscure Dino and Alien conquest lines to ensure a positive base group of writers. My partnership with avmatoran will help keep strong leadership but I need to know if there are any questions on people’s mind that could help the RPG remain strong and keep support.

That is all

I feel like I must point out that if this RPG is approved, then I plan to end my RPG to make way for this one.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

My only question is this:

Would this continue off the story of the Alien Conquest RPG? I think it should, as the few players in it wouldn't lose any of their development or anything. I mean, Hirion is my single favorite character in any RPG.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

My only question is this:

Would this continue off the story of the Alien Conquest RPG? I think it should, as the few players in it wouldn't lose any of their development or anything. I mean, Hirion is my single favorite character in any RPG.

I see no reason why not. In fact, it would be a good thing. The folks over at ADU are set to play a relatively prominent role in the storyline. The relationship between them and their dino team allies will actually be a point of conflict. Commander Hypaxxus-8, the Alien villainess and the ADU sergeant will also be working as importentt NPCs.

I actually think it would be good for players to sign up as ether a member of ADU or the Dino team. Although the 2012 dino war will be the main focus of the story-line the effects of the alien conflict shell impact the events substantially. Having representatives of both factions should help to bring those points across nicely.

That is all

Um, Cer and Hirion are aliens. Would they be allowed to stay? I assume that she is the "alien villainess" above? (Yes, I like Cer and want to keep her around. :lol: Alien villainess? That's an upgrade. :P)And that's really weird, guys. Aliens and dinosaurs? But okay, if you build it, I'll play it. I have visions of playing as a terodactral or something, in addition to Cer the Alien Villainess.

When I referred to the alien villainess I was speaking of the character from the collectible minifigires line. I'm not sure how haveing a character like would work but hirion or Cer would fit in but I'm open to the idea. I'm interested to see how that might work.The reason there are aliens and dinosaurs is because dinosaurs in themselves don't make interesting enough antagonists. The story needs a villain that can thinl with more then the reptilian brain and can communicate. Well dinosours can provide a man vs. Nature conflict it can limit the story potential. A more compitent main antogonist is nessisary.

That is all

This sounds like it could be a pretty interesting game. I probably wouldn't play (haven't touched a forum RPG in ages- though you never know), but I'd definitely support its creation.One general thing to keep in mind (not for this, as it'd replace an existing game, but for other people considering designing RPGs) is that LGD was never really able to support more than 6 or 7 RPGs at a time... and it seems like we're kind of at that cap.Though maybe things will be better now that we have our own forum? And I've never really liked the idea of artificially imposing a limit on the number of RPGs that can be around at a time anyway.

current_events_sigbanner.png

And if you put the code in your sig like this, it'll link straight to the forum itself.

[url=http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showforum=73][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bwh852/Bzpower/Other-RPG-Stuff/lego_rpg_forum_low_qual_small.gif][/url]

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You