• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#321 Offline Atton Rand

Atton Rand
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,822 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 09:00 AM

The way the aliens are incorporated, it makes more sense than at first glance.

Well, I certainly hope so. It's a strange idea and a part of me is somewhat skeptical, but I'll try to keep an open mind.

I have a movie blog now!

154372373_amazoncom-conquest-of-space-wa

http://hitchcocksworld.blogspot.ca/

I write about all sorts of movies: good, bad, old, new, mainstream, obscure.

#322 Offline that guy from that show

that guy from that show
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,152 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 09:31 PM

Sorry for not being particularly involved this week but my computer is in the shop and I'm currently on vacation.I can certainly understand peaples skepticism about aliens and I can appreciate that. I ended up checking my storyline and discovered that aliens don't actually play that large a role until the second act. I hope by that me and avmatoran can build some trust by then.A question however; do peaple's hesitation about aliens stem from the fact that they are just to far-fetched to fit into a serious story or that their involment with dinosaurs is just to ridiculous? Understanding this will help with how we approach the story.

That is all

#323 Offline Atton Rand

Atton Rand
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,822 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 09 2013 - 08:20 AM

A question however; do peaple's hesitation about aliens stem from the fact that they are just to far-fetched to fit into a serious story or that their involment with dinosaurs is just to ridiculous? Understanding this will help with how we approach the story.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I would say it may just be the fact that the Dino 2010 theme never really had aliens in it, so bringing them in is a somewhat radical deviation. That, and alien invasions can be very difficult to pull of and still be taken seriously.

I have a movie blog now!

154372373_amazoncom-conquest-of-space-wa

http://hitchcocksworld.blogspot.ca/

I write about all sorts of movies: good, bad, old, new, mainstream, obscure.

#324 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 03:50 PM

Okay, something needs to change, and it needs to change soon.

This forum is dying. A little over a week ago, we had six RPGs. Then, we lost two, and two RPGs were saved with posts less than a week before their revival limits. Something needs to change.

People need to start joining Ninjago, Hero Factory and Lego Universe. Exo-Force is fine- we don't need to worry about that at all.

Personally, I'm somewhat iffy about the Dino/Alien Conquest RPG simply because of the player base. As in, this forum doesn't really have it.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#325 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,488 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 01:23 PM

Okay, something needs to change, and it needs to change soon.

This forum is dying. A little over a week ago, we had six RPGs. Then, we lost two, and two RPGs were saved with posts less than a week before their revival limits. Something needs to change.

People need to start joining Ninjago, Hero Factory and Lego Universe. Exo-Force is fine- we don't need to worry about that at all.

Personally, I'm somewhat iffy about the Dino/Alien Conquest RPG simply because of the player base. As in, this forum doesn't really have it.

Actually, HF is held up because iBrow needs to make a GM call. I'll PM him. 

#326 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,246 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 01:14 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]We finally got our post![/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And it already even attracted a new person!.. in the most established RPG, of course, but a new person none the less.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Eh, at least it's helped/ing.[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey has reached the first destination, the City of Flames...   ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#327 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hi, all. I was reminded of your presence by the BZPower news post about this forum and figured I'd drop by.At the moment, I don't have plans to join a currently existing Lego RPG -- I'll read them all later and decide -- but I am curious about any potential interest in an RPG based on Lego Mars Mission. I've nothing written at the moment for such an RPG, but if anyone's interested, and if anyone is willing to assist in assistant GM capacity, I might write something.

Edited by Legolover-361, Aug 15 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#328 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 09:25 AM

Kaithis did talk about this a little in the past, but nothing every came of it, to my knowledge.

I'm interested in the game, but I'll have to see what you suggest.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#329 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,100 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well, I accidentally killed my RPG, so we've got a space for a Space RPG. My only question is, do we have the players for one? Is this forum oversaturated? Will RPGs die until we stabilize, and if so, how many will die? I don't think we can do any more RPGs right now.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#330 Offline Jacks

Jacks
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,461 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, that's a tough call. On the old site there were hardly ever more than two or three RPGs running at once, and those were on the fringes of the community, which means that we are quite literally forging new territory here. That being the case, I think it's important to slow down a bit and try to determine what exactly works here before adding anything new to the mix we have now.On the other hand, if we have any more current RPGs die, I think it could be detrimental the forum overall. Given that the LURGP's life expectancy at present is still questionable, I think it would be good to keep plenty of brainstorms simmering in here, so that if my RPG or any one of the others suddenly dies, we can immediately set up a new game in its place.

Edited by Jacks, Aug 15 2013 - 11:23 AM.

================= Never forget . . . never stop ==================
qs32073.jpg
========== Support the LEGO RPG Subforum! ==========

#331 Offline that guy from that show

that guy from that show
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,152 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi, all. I was reminded of your presence by the BZPower news post about this forum and figured I'd drop by.At the moment, I don't have plans to join a currently existing Lego RPG -- I'll read them all later and decide -- but I am curious about any potential interest in an RPG based on Lego Mars Mission. I've nothing written at the moment for such an RPG, but if anyone's interested, and if anyone is willing to assist in assistant GM capacity, I might write something.

I would be interested in a Mers Mission RPG, I also would be open to something set underwater like Aquazone or Aquaraiders.

That is all

#332 Offline PeabodySam

PeabodySam
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,047 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 10:44 AM

Just figured I'd give this topic a bump, as well as reposting my lecture on the canon of Life on Mars and Mars Mission for reference.

Spoiler

awebanner.png
Calcite Copter VS Cybernetic Rock Monster - The Coming of the Toa - Cursed Form - Dino Attack Headquarters - First Assignment - Five Years Too Many - Hate and Vengeance - Lost and Found and Lost Again - Majhost Gallery - Scene 24: Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand - Vakama's Secret
"It's all right, children. Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it. I am sure that we shall never forget Tiny Tim, or this first parting that there was among us." - Bob Cratchit
qs25896.jpg
qs25896.jpg

#333 Offline TakunuvaC01

TakunuvaC01
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,192 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2013 - 05:13 PM

Just a quick update from me: things are relatively hectic right now (mad rush to the end of the semester), so I'm not sure I'll have time to repost the old draft (well, I could repost it now, but I also want to edit it a bit to make the character limit thing make much more sense, actually write the missing faction pages) until Tuesday- i.e. Thanksgiving break.

Assuming there's still interest in that game, and assuming I haven't managed to alienate everyone with petty arguments about vehicles and so on in this thread... I'd be able to start it running anytime after Thanksgiving. :) (Depending on when we reach a rough consensus on it probably not being terrible?)

Now... we are down to two active RPGs at the moment, and I know there were people with other ideas even though the development of Mars Mission dominated the last ~2 months of the channel- there was an aquatic-themed RPG being tossed around that would combine all the ocean-based themes?

Any other ideas, or people interested in developing / running games?

Posted Image

#334 Offline Neo ShadowVezon

Neo ShadowVezon
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 40 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well I don't know about running a game, but I am interested in playing one. Trouble is, neither of the present ones interest me.

"Master of Shadows"

"There is nobody like me."

-ShadowVezon, Steal the Mask, Page 72, #2853

"You may have defeated many villains before you fell to the madness, but I am no ordinary foe."

-ShadowVezon, Steal the Mask 2, Page 72, #2858

"Stay down, Toa. You are nothing compared to me."

-ShadowVezon, Steal the Mask 2 Page 72, #2867

"OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome."

-ShadowVezon, Bionifight Ultimate Page 146, #5816

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

#335 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well I don't know about running a game, but I am interested in playing one. Trouble is, neither of the present ones interest me.

Could you give more information on why Ninjago and Exo-Force don't interest you? Is it just the themes, or something else?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#336 Offline Neo ShadowVezon

Neo ShadowVezon
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 40 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2013 - 12:42 PM

Could you give more information on why Ninjago and Exo-Force don't interest you? Is it just the themes, or something else?

It's the themes. I'd be more interested in an RP like the Alien Conquest one that used to be on the site, or a Hero Factory one. There'd be more I'd be interested in, of course, but those are 2 examples.

"Master of Shadows"

"There is nobody like me."

-ShadowVezon, Steal the Mask, Page 72, #2853

"You may have defeated many villains before you fell to the madness, but I am no ordinary foe."

-ShadowVezon, Steal the Mask 2, Page 72, #2858

"Stay down, Toa. You are nothing compared to me."

-ShadowVezon, Steal the Mask 2 Page 72, #2867

"OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome."

-ShadowVezon, Bionifight Ultimate Page 146, #5816

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

#337 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,246 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hey hey guys,

Just popping in to see if anyone would still be interested in an Hero Factory RPG with Invasion from Below coming soon. Tex, fishers, I'd be happy to have you both co-GM and/or staff this with me if you don't mind, as that would perhaps allow you two to still work with storyline and such but keep activity going since that's what took down the last one.. 

so yeah that's on the table

Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey has reached the first destination, the City of Flames...   ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#338 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,488 posts

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hey hey guys,

Just popping in to see if anyone would still be interested in an Hero Factory RPG with Invasion from Below coming soon. Tex, fishers, I'd be happy to have you both co-GM and/or staff this with me if you don't mind, as that would perhaps allow you two to still work with storyline and such but keep activity going since that's what took down the last one.. 

so yeah that's on the table

Zakaro

I would be happy to help. 

#339 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,595 posts

Posted Jan 19 2014 - 02:16 PM

I'd be interested in being co-GM/assistant GM, but my #1 priority will be to Bionifight.

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

CHAPTER 3

Tune in for the most brutal death yet.

#340 Offline Toa Of Anarchy

Toa Of Anarchy
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2014 - 08:46 PM

Ok guys, since I am such a inexperienced wreck when it comes to tbrpging, I don't plan on creating this myself but I do wish there was one as I think it would be fun.

I've been playing some of the Space Police (III) games and I think that that theme has some serious RPG material. It lists plenty of locations, players can be crooks or police and chase each other down, or just be the donut place owner who hates both. I really recommend that one of you big guns check this out and make it RPG compatible. I am wiling to offer assistance if you would want any. Here is a link to the games, and here is one to some assorted lore

And if you all think "Look at ToA, try'in to make everybody else do all the work" I assure you, I could do this, but the quality would be much poorer and nobody wants that.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

#341 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2014 - 08:52 PM

Some time ago, I talked about doing a cross over between the TBRPGs. With many of them dead, a new plan had to be formed.

This game will include five (maybe six) of the TBRPGs in this forum - the DARPG, the LURPG, AlCon, Ninjago and Exo-Force. But I need permission from Peabody, Brickman, Jacks and the hosts of Exo-Force to use their games. If More Fierce than Fire is willing, his will be included too, but it is not as advanced as the others.

So GMs - what do you say?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#342 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,502 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 12:56 PM

no

#343 Online sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 155 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 02:37 PM

I honestly like the idea.

#344 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 1,043 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 04:09 PM

Giving this thread a bump to say the original post has been cleaned up.  There may be changes in how the LEGO RPG forum is structured in the future, but for now, assume the current system is going to continue on.

#345 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,680 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 05:29 PM

I had originally submitted this as a ready-to-go game, but at the wonderful suggestion of GSR, I'm putting it up for criticism and other assorted thoughts. If no one's interested, no harm, no foul. :)

-Monster Fighters RPG-

Welcome to the apocalypse.

The world was once pure, empty of all evil beings. That time has passed. A man, filled with the desire to conquer the world, gathered the moonstones, using them to create an army of despicable creatures. The first stone was the Red Moonstone, which allowed him to enslave the minds of man, but it also turned him and his closest followers into undead beings, living off the blood of their victims: they became the demonic Vampyres. The second, the Blue Moonstone, gave his auxiliary followers, the scouts, the ability to pass through solid objects. However, it made them undead as well, mere half-beings: the moaning ghosts. To his sentinels he gave the powers of the Yellow Moonstone: the ability to manipulate water. They were very powerful, but the stone mutated them horribly, giving them scaly green skin and gills; they became the amphibious swamp creatures. To his lesser followers, the minions, he gave the Orange Moonstone, and with it tremendous strength and stamina. But they, too, were mutated, growing hair across their bodies, and claws. These were the werewolves.
It was with these forces that he conquered the world, killing vast cities and destroying everything in their way.

But a small race of humans were immune to the effects of the moonstones. The Vampyres could not enslave them nor alter their physiology. These became the Monster Fighters. They developed weapons to fight them, and vehicles to escape them with. They built two great fortresses: Atlantis, a hidden base only accessible by water, and Paramount, an underground castle in the desert. Both were nearly impossible for the monsters to locate, keeping the surviving humans safe from attack. Humanity would not die out, but resources were wearing thin. Lines were drawn in the sand: any survivor who refused help fight the monsters was ostracized from society, left to wander the world and die.

The humans had one chance to take back their world: gather the moonstones and shatter them to reverse their effects. This task, however, would not be easily done. The Orange Moonstone was in the heart of the Drachwald Forest, guarded by the werewolves. The Yellow Moonstone was cast deep into the infectious waters of the Cold Sleep Swamp, where the swamp creatures hunt and drown any intruders. The Blue Moonstone was locked up within the Moor of Woe and Wailing, haunted by the ghosts. And most dangerous of all, the Red Moonstone, was locked in the Original Vampyres inner chambers in his castle located in Transylvania. The humans faced incredible odds- could they truly conquer the monsters?

It is now to be decided.

RECAP
This is an AU Monster Fighters steampunk universe set somewhere in the 18th Century, and monsters have overrun the world using powerful stones of various effects. Man rose to the challenge, building two hidden fortresses from where they conduct raids on the monsters, hoping to eventually destroy the stones and return the earth to its original state.

Locations:
Atlantis- an undersea rambling where what remains of human industry takes place. Vehicles, weapons, and assorted other equipment is manufactured and smuggled to Paramount to be used in attacks on the monsters. Society largely consists of scientists, all of whom are tasked with designing and building what the upperworld uses. Most of the architecture is archaic, stone drillings with hastily built huts dotting the ground. Most if not all of the useful supplies are used for Monster Fighting.

Paramount- the underground castle is much more elaborate than its sister city, the humans having had more time and resources to build it with. It is by no means luxurious, however, still a product of struggling survivors. It is split into three departments. The first and largest department is the housing unit, a development of one-room homes where two to three people live. The second, the smuggling department, works particularly hard to bring in everything built in the Atlantis before the monsters get to it.

Transylvania- the hive of all evil. The Original Vampyre resides here, keeping watch over the Red Moonstone in his castle and conducting searches for the humans. The castle is a colossal beast, a three-towered micro-city that covers much of the Transylvanian land. It is a sanctum to all undead, a prison of torture to all humans who the Vampyres spared for experimentation. There is but one entrance; the massive gate guarded by all manner of abominations. One does not simply walk into the Castle of Undying Night. There is talk of a den of secrets, containing scrolls which contain the way to access the powers of Magic.

Drachwald Forrest- if Transylvania is the hive of monstrosity, Drachwald is the second best thing to it. Nothing that lives here does not thirst for blood, most of all the werewolves. There are two separate covens who inhabit- the Southern Werewolves, who are simply former Monster Fighters who have been cursed with the Lycan gene, turning them into beasts. They are mostly indifferent to the humans, but due to their cannibal nature they can no longer help them. They are deathly foes to the Northern Werewolves, who actively seek to devour the Monster Fighters. On the outskirts of the forest is the Moor of Woe and Wailing, where the ghosts hide the Blue Moonstone. The Orange Moonstone is in one of the many Northern Werewolf caves.

Cold Sleep Swamp- an enormous swampland, covering nearly fifteen square miles of land. The swamp creatures have built several coves in which they abide, as well as small decks high in the trees. Most of these are formed in such a way that one would not be able to see them until they are up close. This makes ambushes a very real threat when combatting the swamp monsters. The most dangerous thing, however, is the noxious mutagen in the water, which causes humans to drift into a coma when consumed. For this reason, fighters must wear special suits when trekking into the swamps. Somewhere within the water, the Yellow Moonstone is hidden.

Profile Template:

Name: Fairly simple.

Species: Human if youre a Monster Fighter, any of the monsters (barring Vampyres) if youre not.

Appearance: What your character looks like. Think Indiana Jones with pseudo-futuristic weaponry and possibly robotic prosthetics. If theyre a monster, just state what separates them from the crowd, if anything.

Biography: Who was your character before the reign of the Vampyres? What purpose does he serve now? How does he act?

Future Equipment: Can include large, pseudo-futuristic guns, or plasma shooters, ghost vacuumsget creative. Each human is afforded one. If youre a monster, you dont get one of these.

Vehicle: Each human gets a small, steampunk vehicle. These are to be one- to two-person. Realistically you wont be given a Humvee decked out with laser-cannons. A motorbike with hover capabilities, though, is more likely. As for monsters, only ghosts get vehicles- various types of ghost trains.

Powers/Special Traits: Outline your monsters special abilities. Yes, werewolves have superhuman strength, but to what degree does your werewolf have superhuman strength.

Rules:
1. Follow all BZP rules, naturally. Dont hate on anyone, use inappropriate language, or engage inappropriate behavior.

2. Be serious. Yes, this is a game based on a Lego theme, but that doesnt mean this game will be a series of fart jokes and comedy acts.

3. When youre playing the game, use IC (In Character) before your posts. When youre submitting a profile for approval, or discussing something, use OOC (Out Of Character).

4. When two characters are fighting, do not write you attacks as automatically hitting. This is autohitting, and it is not allowed. For example:

Billy shot Bob in the chest. Bob was dead. Is not allowed. Rather:
Billy shot at Bobs chest. Oh no. What is Bob to do.

5. Try to make your posts literate. No one likes bad grammar. Beyond that, try not to use one-liner posts. Flavor up your writing a bit, you might end up enjoying it.

6. Dont have any fun. Fun is not allowed.

7. Yes, this is primarily a monster game, and I want yall to get a bit bloody sometimes. Get your hands dirty. But dont go on rants about entrails- be suave about it, this is a site about a childrens toy.

Edited by Al the Chicken Man, Jun 10 2014 - 05:30 PM.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#346 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,595 posts

Posted Sep 22 2014 - 03:26 PM

So this place is kind of more dead than like, anything ever, so perhaps we could revitalize it a little bit and begin brainstorming some RPGs? Activity on BZP is starting to increase, and that could mean that this forum can see more active players showing up. 

While I can't promise that my activity will be high, since my hosting priorities lie elsewhere, I would be interested in helping any prospective GMs to come up with a storyline for their RPG, and I could also help out as an assistant GM.

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

CHAPTER 3

Tune in for the most brutal death yet.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users