LEGO TBRPG Construction & Design

Sisen

Sorry for not being particularly involved this week but my computer is in the shop and I'm currently on vacation.I can certainly understand peaples skepticism about aliens and I can appreciate that. I ended up checking my storyline and discovered that aliens don't actually play that large a role until the second act. I hope by that me and avmatoran can build some trust by then.A question however; do peaple's hesitation about aliens stem from the fact that they are just to far-fetched to fit into a serious story or that their involment with dinosaurs is just to ridiculous? Understanding this will help with how we approach the story.

That is all

A question however; do peaple's hesitation about aliens stem from the fact that they are just to far-fetched to fit into a serious story or that their involment with dinosaurs is just to ridiculous? Understanding this will help with how we approach the story.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I would say it may just be the fact that the Dino 2010 theme never really had aliens in it, so bringing them in is a somewhat radical deviation. That, and alien invasions can be very difficult to pull of and still be taken seriously.

Okay, something needs to change, and it needs to change soon.

This forum is dying. A little over a week ago, we had six RPGs. Then, we lost two, and two RPGs were saved with posts less than a week before their revival limits. Something needs to change.

People need to start joining Ninjago, Hero Factory and Lego Universe. Exo-Force is fine- we don't need to worry about that at all.

Personally, I'm somewhat iffy about the Dino/Alien Conquest RPG simply because of the player base. As in, this forum doesn't really have it.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Okay, something needs to change, and it needs to change soon.

This forum is dying. A little over a week ago, we had six RPGs. Then, we lost two, and two RPGs were saved with posts less than a week before their revival limits. Something needs to change.

People need to start joining Ninjago, Hero Factory and Lego Universe. Exo-Force is fine- we don't need to worry about that at all.

Personally, I'm somewhat iffy about the Dino/Alien Conquest RPG simply because of the player base. As in, this forum doesn't really have it.

Actually, HF is held up because iBrow needs to make a GM call. I'll PM him.

Hi, all. I was reminded of your presence by the BZPower news post about this forum and figured I'd drop by.At the moment, I don't have plans to join a currently existing Lego RPG -- I'll read them all later and decide -- but I am curious about any potential interest in an RPG based on Lego Mars Mission. I've nothing written at the moment for such an RPG, but if anyone's interested, and if anyone is willing to assist in assistant GM capacity, I might write something.

Edited by Legolover-361

Well, I accidentally killed my RPG, so we've got a space for a Space RPG. My only question is, do we have the players for one? Is this forum oversaturated? Will RPGs die until we stabilize, and if so, how many will die? I don't think we can do any more RPGs right now.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Yeah, that's a tough call. On the old site there were hardly ever more than two or three RPGs running at once, and those were on the fringes of the community, which means that we are quite literally forging new territory here. That being the case, I think it's important to slow down a bit and try to determine what exactly works here before adding anything new to the mix we have now.On the other hand, if we have any more current RPGs die, I think it could be detrimental the forum overall. Given that the LURGP's life expectancy at present is still questionable, I think it would be good to keep plenty of brainstorms simmering in here, so that if my RPG or any one of the others suddenly dies, we can immediately set up a new game in its place.

Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Hi, all. I was reminded of your presence by the BZPower news post about this forum and figured I'd drop by.At the moment, I don't have plans to join a currently existing Lego RPG -- I'll read them all later and decide -- but I am curious about any potential interest in an RPG based on Lego Mars Mission. I've nothing written at the moment for such an RPG, but if anyone's interested, and if anyone is willing to assist in assistant GM capacity, I might write something.

I would be interested in a Mers Mission RPG, I also would be open to something set underwater like Aquazone or Aquaraiders.

That is all

• 2 months later...

Just figured I'd give this topic a bump, as well as reposting my lecture on the canon of Life on Mars and Mars Mission for reference.

Everyone, stand back! I've got SCIENCE! ... and LEGO canon.

Yes, for some reason, I can't leave this place. While I feel drained of all motivation and will to continue RPing, I continue to follow this topic and see what developments are... well, in development. And I see that you guys are planning a Life on Mars/Mars Mission RPG. Sounds like fun. Since you guys are hosting the RPG, you are free to toss LEGO canon out the window and do as you please, but it sounds like you guys want to reference LEGO canon in this RPG, but no one here quite has a firm grasp of the official storylines of each line.

Well, frankly, this was too much for my nerdism to handle, and so despite my better judgment, here I am to give you guys a quick crash course so that, if you choose, you may incorporate these elements into your RPG.

Exhibit A: Life on Mars

Life on Mars comes from the early 2000s, a time where LEGO themes (also including Alpha Team, Orient Expedition, Drome Racers, Knights' Kingdom, and others) had in-depth storylines and characters. For Life on Mars, some of it was covered in LEGO Mania magazine, particularly the January/February 2001 issue, but most of it was presented as radio logs on the website... which, sadly, has fallen victim to LEGO's policy of "If it isn't on store shelves anymore, it's not on our website either". Fortunately, some time ago, nearly all information that could be recovered has been collected by fans and archived on the website Biodium Vault. Be sure to check it out and read all of the character bios and radio logs, but here's just a quick crash course, based upon my knowledge from LEGO Mania and Biodium Vault.

Canonically, there are four humans on the expedition: Mac, BB, Doc, and Assistant. Mac is the captain (i.e. leader) of the crew, as well as a space pilot and mechanic. BB is a student researcher who basically won the Space Lottery ticket into the expedition (this is also intended to be the same character as Buzz Bailey from the LEGO Spaceport line). Doc is the scientist and designer of the Solar Explorer spaceshuttle (it's also worth noting that, as implied by LEGO Racers 2, this is supposed to be the same character as Doc from the LEGO Arctic line). Assistant is... well, the assistant.

The humans were sent to Mars by the National Science Board on an expedition to establish a science base on Mars. So, yes, they are essentially the "colonists" that you imagined they would be. However, over the course of the Life on Mars storyline, they crash-land on Mars due to a meteor shower and need to repair and refuel the Solar Explorer... basically, what I'm going to refer to as "Ye Olde Rock Raiders Plot". While the humans' initial encounters with the Martians are rocky at first, they do end up forming a peaceful relationship with their royal ruler, Riegel, and his daughter, Cassiopeia.

The Martians mine the red planet for Biodium, a mineral that generates energy (essentially a fuel source) and breathable air (it isn't confirmed if the Martians need this, but the air is breathable for the human astronauts; enough Biodium can generate enough air to even allow them to take off their spacesuit helmets without fear of suffocation). Riegel might be a tough ruler when it comes to making sure his fellow Martians keep mining for Biodium, but since their survival depends on Biodium, it's presented as well justified.

There's also a little bit handwaving why we never knew of the Martians before. Even though we've sent rovers to Mars, the Martians are well aware of this and have deliberately avoided being spotted by the rovers. Most of their establishments are well underground, where the rovers cannot find them. Additionally, just to troll us, Martians often play a game to see who can disable the rover first.

Now, a bit of backstory regarding the Martians. In the 1930s, the Martians were led by Arcturus and were a more warlike race, even going so far as to invade Earth. However, they were forced to retreat when exposed to Earth germs, and nowadays the whole thing is just dismissed as a mere radio drama (i.e. War of the Worlds) that some people took too seriously. Now, Riegel is the leader and the Martians are a more peaceful race, but Arcturus is still a member of the High Council and remains the only Martian outside the canyon Martians that distrusted the humans even after they earned Riegel's trust.

Who are the canyon Martians, you ask? They're rebels who oppose Riegel's leadership and still cling onto the old warlike beliefs of the Martians. They're constantly attacking Riegel's territory and stealing Biodium, and continue to antagonize the humans. Aside from Arcturus (who turns out to be a mole working with the canyon Martians and informing them of Riegel's activities), none of the canonically named Martians (Cassiopeia, Altair, Antares, etc.) are canyon Martians, meaning that the canyon Martians exist only in the Life on Mars storyline and are not reflected in the sets.

Eventually, the humans help Riegel by collecting ancient scrolls across Mars that reveal a method of creating synthetic Biodium to help the Martians. They also create fake Biodium that the rebel Martians steal, which ends up crippling their forces because it doesn't work. With the canyon Martians defeated and the Solar Explorer repaired, the humans return to Earth on peaceful terms with the Martians, though for the sake of the RPG we can ignore that last little detail or say that they returned to Mars later on to establish a full colony.

It's also worth noting that there are references to ancient Martian civilizations. One of the ancient scrolls is in the tomb of King Yelib the Wise, for instance. I'll get back to this later, but this might be something you may wish to explore in your RPG.

Exhibit B: Mars Mission

Aside from LEGO Magazine, the Mars Mission storyline has largely been told in three mediums: online transmissions, Crystalien Conflict, and LEGO Battles. It doesn't nearly have the depth of Life on Mars, but there is still some canon to cover. So, let's dive right in, shall we?

Currently, the online transmissions aren't available anywhere since the website has been taken down, but I managed to archive them onto my computer. The transmission do make reference to previous LEGO expeditions to Mars; namely, when "astrobots" Biff Starling and Sandy Moondust were dropped off by NASA along with the real-life rover robots Spirit and Opportunity in 2004. Unfortunately, there are no direct references to Life on Mars, but that's most likely because LEGO doesn't like to reference older themes when making reboots.

As shown in LEGO Battles (oh, glorious YouTube links!), the Astros (as they are called in Crystalien Conflict) were originally on an expedition to Saturn when they accidentally ejected their fuel cells and had to make a forced landing on Mars. There, Biff (yes, I am aware that there are already two Biffs associated with Mars, and that's not even counting Biff Barker, who according to LEGO Magazine is the Claw-Tank Driver!) discovers that there are Energy Crystals (possibly the same Brickonium element as Rock Raiders) on Mars. From there, Biff and Gemma contacted Earth Command, which sent over the rest of the ships and crew to begin a new mining expedition on Mars instead.

So, who's the leader? As shown on the Mars Mission website, the Mission Commander uses the same face as the "Gent" actor from LEGO Studios; Crystalien Conflict mentions "Commander Galaxy", and is possible that this means the Mission Commander's name is Galaxy. However, in LEGO Battles, the two commanders of the Astro fleet on Mars are Biff and Gemma, two characters who do not appear in sets (but the former uses the same face as the Astro-Pilot character, who uses the same face as the Scorpion Palace Guard from Orient Expedition). However, again in LEGO Battles, Biff and Gemma report to someone from Earth Command who, although not explicitly named, bears more than a passing resemblance to Commander Cold from Ice Planet 2002 (they have the same face and torso, and this is presumably what he looks like when not all geared up to mine on a frozen planet).

So, once Biff and Gemma discover Energy Crystals on Mars, Starship 1 and the rest of the Astro fleet arrives, and they set up mining operations. There is no contact with any life on Mars, and at first everything is peaceful and going well aside from the occasional sandstorm. Then slowly but surely, the Astros begin reporting signs of hostile alien life that attacks their ships and stealing their crystals. There is one cutscene in Crystalien Conflict, implied to be the first face-to-face meeting between an Astro and an alien, and the alien responds by shooting the defenseless Astro. This results in the Astros being forced to militarize their mining vehicles in order to better defend themselves from the alien attacks.

As for the Crystaliens (never actually referred to Crystaliens in canon, but most fans refer to them by this name due to the title of Crystalien Conflict)? They are led by an Alien Commander and Alien Queen; they look nearly identical, but the Alien Queen (who never appeared in sets) has six spider-like legs (the same design used by Spy-Clops from LEGO Agents). It was first confirmed in a LEGO Magazine that they are not from Mars. This is then further reiterated by LEGO Battles, where it turns out that the Crystaliens have crash-landed on Mars and are trying to repair and refuel their mothership to leave Mars and return to their home planet as quickly as possible. Sounds familiar? Yes! The Crystaliens are actually following "Ye Olde Rock Raiders Plot"! When you look at it like this, they become considerably more sympathetic.

But still, they aren't entirely sympathetic. As stated before, their first interaction with the Astros was attacking them and stealing their crystals. As shown in LEGO Battles, they also recruit several space criminals (including Kranxx from LEGO Space Police) to help them in their fight against the Astros, and then fight back the Space Police to give Kranxx enough time to escape Mars. It's also worth noting that the Crystaliens have created a whole hive on Mars... perhaps returning to their homeworld isn't their only goal, and they wish to conquer Mars as well.

So that's the set-up here. The Astros are conducting a mining operation, and the Crystaliens are trying to repair and refuel their mothership. Unfortunately, because the Crystaliens are hostile towards the Astros, this results in all-out war between the two factions.

LEGO Battles also provides some more ideas that you can include in these two factions. As stated previously, the Astros seem to be part of the same Earth Command as the Ice Planet 2002 crew, and they employ androids similar to those used by Spyrius and Exploriens (e.g. Ann Droid). The Crystaliens consist primarily of drones (the standard aliens seen in sets), but also have robots of Exo-Force design, namely Laser Troopers (identical in appearance to Devastators) and the mini-bot from the Battle Arachnoid. There's also the Space Police investigating Black Hole Gang activities, as well as a cameo appearance of a Blacktron: Future Generation skeleton.

Remember how I mentioned ancient Martian civilizations earlier? Well, it turns out those show up again in LEGO Battles, when the Crystaliens discover a series of ancient Martian pyramids that contain ultra-powerful purple Energy Crystals.

-----

And so, that's my long-winded crash-course lecture on the canon of Life on Mars and Mars Mission. I've told you all I know about the commanders and motivations of each faction (National Science Board, Martians, Earth Command, and Crystaliens), as well as given you guys some links to investigate further.

As said before, you can choose to ignore this and do whatever you want. It's your RPG, after all. But, as I said, since it sounded like you guys wanted to reference canon... well, here's a ton of canon for you to reference!

Just a quick update from me: things are relatively hectic right now (mad rush to the end of the semester), so I'm not sure I'll have time to repost the old draft (well, I could repost it now, but I also want to edit it a bit to make the character limit thing make much more sense, actually write the missing faction pages) until Tuesday- i.e. Thanksgiving break.

Assuming there's still interest in that game, and assuming I haven't managed to alienate everyone with petty arguments about vehicles and so on in this thread... I'd be able to start it running anytime after Thanksgiving. :) (Depending on when we reach a rough consensus on it probably not being terrible?)

Now... we are down to two active RPGs at the moment, and I know there were people with other ideas even though the development of Mars Mission dominated the last ~2 months of the channel- there was an aquatic-themed RPG being tossed around that would combine all the ocean-based themes?

Any other ideas, or people interested in developing / running games?

current_events_sigbanner.png

Well I don't know about running a game, but I am interested in playing one. Trouble is, neither of the present ones interest me.

Could you give more information on why Ninjago and Exo-Force don't interest you? Is it just the themes, or something else?

It's the themes. I'd be more interested in an RP like the Alien Conquest one that used to be on the site, or a Hero Factory one. There'd be more I'd be interested in, of course, but those are 2 examples.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hey guys,

Just popping in to see if anyone would still be interested in an Hero Factory RPG with Invasion from Below coming soon. Tex, fishers, I'd be happy to have you both co-GM and/or staff this with me if you don't mind, as that would perhaps allow you two to still work with storyline and such but keep activity going since that's what took down the last one..

so yeah that's on the table

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey guys,

Just popping in to see if anyone would still be interested in an Hero Factory RPG with Invasion from Below coming soon. Tex, fishers, I'd be happy to have you both co-GM and/or staff this with me if you don't mind, as that would perhaps allow you two to still work with storyline and such but keep activity going since that's what took down the last one..

so yeah that's on the table

Zakaro

I would be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, since I am such a inexperienced wreck when it comes to tbrpging, I don't plan on creating this myself but I do wish there was one as I think it would be fun.

I've been playing some of the Space Police (III) games and I think that that theme has some serious RPG material. It lists plenty of locations, players can be crooks or police and chase each other down, or just be the donut place owner who hates both. I really recommend that one of you big guns check this out and make it RPG compatible. I am wiling to offer assistance if you would want any. Here is a link to the games, and here is one to some assorted lore.

And if you all think "Look at ToA, try'in to make everybody else do all the work" I assure you, I could do this, but the quality would be much poorer and nobody wants that.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

• 1 month later...

Some time ago, I talked about doing a cross over between the TBRPGs. With many of them dead, a new plan had to be formed.

This game will include five (maybe six) of the TBRPGs in this forum - the DARPG, the LURPG, AlCon, Ninjago and Exo-Force. But I need permission from Peabody, Brickman, Jacks and the hosts of Exo-Force to use their games. If More Fierce than Fire is willing, his will be included too, but it is not as advanced as the others.

So GMs - what do you say?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

• 2 months later...

Giving this thread a bump to say the original post has been cleaned up. There may be changes in how the LEGO RPG forum is structured in the future, but for now, assume the current system is going to continue on.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I had originally submitted this as a ready-to-go game, but at the wonderful suggestion of GSR, I'm putting it up for criticism and other assorted thoughts. If no one's interested, no harm, no foul. :)

-Monster Fighters RPG-

Welcome to the apocalypse.

The world was once pure, empty of all evil beings. That time has passed. A man, filled with the desire to conquer the world, gathered the moonstones, using them to create an army of despicable creatures. The first stone was the Red Moonstone, which allowed him to enslave the minds of man, but it also turned him and his closest followers into undead beings, living off the blood of their victims: they became the demonic Vampyres. The second, the Blue Moonstone, gave his auxiliary followers, the scouts, the ability to pass through solid objects. However, it made them undead as well, mere half-beings: the moaning ghosts. To his sentinels he gave the powers of the Yellow Moonstone: the ability to manipulate water. They were very powerful, but the stone mutated them horribly, giving them scaly green skin and gills; they became the amphibious swamp creatures. To his lesser followers, the minions, he gave the Orange Moonstone, and with it tremendous strength and stamina. But they, too, were mutated, growing hair across their bodies, and claws. These were the werewolves.

It was with these forces that he conquered the world, killing vast cities and destroying everything in their way.

But a small race of humans were immune to the effects of the moonstones. The Vampyres could not enslave them nor alter their physiology. These became the Monster Fighters. They developed weapons to fight them, and vehicles to escape them with. They built two great fortresses: Atlantis, a hidden base only accessible by water, and Paramount, an underground castle in the desert. Both were nearly impossible for the monsters to locate, keeping the surviving humans safe from attack. Humanity would not die out, but resources were wearing thin. Lines were drawn in the sand: any survivor who refused help fight the monsters was ostracized from society, left to wander the world and die.

The humans had one chance to take back their world: gather the moonstones and shatter them to reverse their effects. This task, however, would not be easily done. The Orange Moonstone was in the heart of the Drachwald Forest, guarded by the werewolves. The Yellow Moonstone was cast deep into the infectious waters of the Cold Sleep Swamp, where the swamp creatures hunt and drown any intruders. The Blue Moonstone was locked up within the Moor of Woe and Wailing, haunted by the ghosts. And most dangerous of all, the Red Moonstone, was locked in the Original Vampyres inner chambers in his castle located in Transylvania. The humans faced incredible odds- could they truly conquer the monsters?

It is now to be decided.

RECAP

This is an AU Monster Fighters steampunk universe set somewhere in the 18th Century, and monsters have overrun the world using powerful stones of various effects. Man rose to the challenge, building two hidden fortresses from where they conduct raids on the monsters, hoping to eventually destroy the stones and return the earth to its original state.

Locations:

Atlantis- an undersea rambling where what remains of human industry takes place. Vehicles, weapons, and assorted other equipment is manufactured and smuggled to Paramount to be used in attacks on the monsters. Society largely consists of scientists, all of whom are tasked with designing and building what the upperworld uses. Most of the architecture is archaic, stone drillings with hastily built huts dotting the ground. Most if not all of the useful supplies are used for Monster Fighting.

Paramount- the underground castle is much more elaborate than its sister city, the humans having had more time and resources to build it with. It is by no means luxurious, however, still a product of struggling survivors. It is split into three departments. The first and largest department is the housing unit, a development of one-room homes where two to three people live. The second, the smuggling department, works particularly hard to bring in everything built in the Atlantis before the monsters get to it.

Transylvania- the hive of all evil. The Original Vampyre resides here, keeping watch over the Red Moonstone in his castle and conducting searches for the humans. The castle is a colossal beast, a three-towered micro-city that covers much of the Transylvanian land. It is a sanctum to all undead, a prison of torture to all humans who the Vampyres spared for experimentation. There is but one entrance; the massive gate guarded by all manner of abominations. One does not simply walk into the Castle of Undying Night. There is talk of a den of secrets, containing scrolls which contain the way to access the powers of Magic.

Drachwald Forrest- if Transylvania is the hive of monstrosity, Drachwald is the second best thing to it. Nothing that lives here does not thirst for blood, most of all the werewolves. There are two separate covens who inhabit- the Southern Werewolves, who are simply former Monster Fighters who have been cursed with the Lycan gene, turning them into beasts. They are mostly indifferent to the humans, but due to their cannibal nature they can no longer help them. They are deathly foes to the Northern Werewolves, who actively seek to devour the Monster Fighters. On the outskirts of the forest is the Moor of Woe and Wailing, where the ghosts hide the Blue Moonstone. The Orange Moonstone is in one of the many Northern Werewolf caves.

Cold Sleep Swamp- an enormous swampland, covering nearly fifteen square miles of land. The swamp creatures have built several coves in which they abide, as well as small decks high in the trees. Most of these are formed in such a way that one would not be able to see them until they are up close. This makes ambushes a very real threat when combatting the swamp monsters. The most dangerous thing, however, is the noxious mutagen in the water, which causes humans to drift into a coma when consumed. For this reason, fighters must wear special suits when trekking into the swamps. Somewhere within the water, the Yellow Moonstone is hidden.

Profile Template:

Name: Fairly simple.

Species: Human if youre a Monster Fighter, any of the monsters (barring Vampyres) if youre not.

Appearance: What your character looks like. Think Indiana Jones with pseudo-futuristic weaponry and possibly robotic prosthetics. If theyre a monster, just state what separates them from the crowd, if anything.

Biography: Who was your character before the reign of the Vampyres? What purpose does he serve now? How does he act?

Future Equipment: Can include large, pseudo-futuristic guns, or plasma shooters, ghost vacuumsget creative. Each human is afforded one. If youre a monster, you dont get one of these.

Vehicle: Each human gets a small, steampunk vehicle. These are to be one- to two-person. Realistically you wont be given a Humvee decked out with laser-cannons. A motorbike with hover capabilities, though, is more likely. As for monsters, only ghosts get vehicles- various types of ghost trains.

Powers/Special Traits: Outline your monsters special abilities. Yes, werewolves have superhuman strength, but to what degree does your werewolf have superhuman strength.

Rules:

1. Follow all BZP rules, naturally. Dont hate on anyone, use inappropriate language, or engage inappropriate behavior.

2. Be serious. Yes, this is a game based on a Lego theme, but that doesnt mean this game will be a series of fart jokes and comedy acts.

3. When youre playing the game, use IC (In Character) before your posts. When youre submitting a profile for approval, or discussing something, use OOC (Out Of Character).

4. When two characters are fighting, do not write you attacks as automatically hitting. This is autohitting, and it is not allowed. For example:

Billy shot Bob in the chest. Bob was dead. Is not allowed. Rather:

Billy shot at Bobs chest. Oh no. What is Bob to do.

5. Try to make your posts literate. No one likes bad grammar. Beyond that, try not to use one-liner posts. Flavor up your writing a bit, you might end up enjoying it.

6. Dont have any fun. Fun is not allowed.

7. Yes, this is primarily a monster game, and I want yall to get a bit bloody sometimes. Get your hands dirty. But dont go on rants about entrails- be suave about it, this is a site about a childrens toy.

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

• 3 months later...

So this place is kind of more dead than like, anything ever, so perhaps we could revitalize it a little bit and begin brainstorming some RPGs? Activity on BZP is starting to increase, and that could mean that this forum can see more active players showing up. 

While I can't promise that my activity will be high, since my hosting priorities lie elsewhere, I would be interested in helping any prospective GMs to come up with a storyline for their RPG, and I could also help out as an assistant GM.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Here's a very basic rough draft.

The year is 2084. The United Legopolitian Space Association (ULSA, pronounced ool-saa or spelt out) has launched the I.S.L.V Brickowski, the very first ship built built by the minifigure race that is capable of faster-than-light travel. Onboard are the best of the best, the Stellar Technological and Astronomical Research Squadron, or the STARS. These guys are most elite of any astronauts ever found. Second only to the ship's captain, Captain Bill Ding IV, these guys serve as the model astronaut for anyone aboard the station.

Of course, something goes horribly wrong. While the ship was only supposed to go 4 lightyears, it ended up going 4 pentillion lightyears off-course, to the strange galaxy of Cosmopolis. With no way to return home, and the STARS mysteriously missing, Captain Bill Ding decides to continue on with the mission to explore the universe and, perhaps, find a way home.

CHARACTER CREATION:

Canonically speaking, this RPG follows what rules "The LEGO Movie" set forth for minifigure physics. Your character is a minifigure, cannot bend their limbs, cannot twist their torso, cannot look up or down without bending at the hips. 

To apply for a character, fill out this form;

Name: (your character's name)
Appearance: (how your character's face and natural hair looks, not what they wear)
Personality: (how your character acts)
Weaknesses: (what your character is weak to or afraid of)
Class: (we'll get to that later)
Other Attributes: (assigned to you by me, we'll get to those later)

Class:

There are four classes availible to starting characters; Red (Pilot), Blue (Engineering), White (Science) and Yellow (Medical). While all astronauts have some basic knowledge of every field, their Class shows what they're really good at. For instance, Benny, a 1980-something spaceman, who wears Blue, is excellent at building various types of spaceship, but lacks the medical experience necessary to know that a cracked helmet isn't good for your health. 

Other Attributes:

You don't get to pick other attributes. Rather, they are given to you. Currently, the only other attributes you may have is what kind of spacesuit you own. A full-color spacesuit is the standard, though anyone who is lucky enough to become a member of the STARS gets to wear a black spacesuit with a colored stripe down the center of the helmet and around the upper arm. Meanwhile, the Captain and the Commanders (i.e. me and anyone I deem worthy enough) get to have a green suit with colored stripes.

Other than that, just fill out the form, send on down to the Application Desk, and if I like it, it'll get added to the Crew Register. Once in, just remember to play by the RPG rules, and don't try and play outside of the (albeit, limited) rules set forth by Classic Space.

Enjoy!
  • Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

• 3 months later...

My idea is a short thought one, and it appears people don't post here often anyways, so I'll just get on with it, hopefully bring more to the Lego RPG topics,

My game idea is based on Ninjago, except about twenty to thirty years after the events of the show, the ninja have gone their separate ways and settled down, each taking apprentices in their chosen craft. Lloyd, a sensei at this point, has gathered up four new ninja to fight against an unknown threat who has gathered an army of serpentine, nindroids, skulkin, and elemental masters, the main leaders of this enemy alliance are a mix of elemental masters, serpentine generals, powerful nindroids, and strong skulkin, who are called generals, and all report to some unknown villain with unspeakable power, but the attacks have stopped, and the new ninja have taken up to training elemental masters in the way of the ninja and the art of Spinjitzu. But the enemies will return, and the attacks will continue, and when they do, the ninja will be ready.

Character Creation:

I wanna keep this part fairly simple, motion would only be as limited as it is in the show,

The signup template would basically look like this:

Name: 

Element: (if any)

Species: 

Allegiance: 

Color: 

Basic appearance: (a picture or a description)

With this, I would also introduce the concept of hybrid elements, the concept being that when two elemental masters have children together, their children will have either one of their parents' elements, or a cross between the two, a hybrid element. Examples of hybrid elements would be Magma (Fire+Earth) Tech (Lightning+Metal) Plasma (Fire+Lightning) and Consumption (Fire+Absorption)

Players could sign up as any of the five species of serpentine, along with skulkin, nindroid, or normal minifig,

EDIT: On second thought, I did think this out, a lot more than I should've, I've got most major plot points for a while and some major characters,

Edited by D5 Petewa

How would an Alpha Team RPG sound? It would revolve around the player's interactions with each other and it would require teamwork to locate, infiltrate and take down one of Ogel's many bases. The objective of the villains would be to stop the Alpha team from getting into the bases and/or going out to steal valuable data from the Alpha team bases. This would mean having plenty of situations where the players have to work together rather than doing their own thing. E.g. Coordinating plans, being put in an squad with a few members, infiltration missions cannot be done alone and if they are foolish enough to even make an attempt, an army of skeleton drones or random agents will greet them.

Also, rather than force everyone to work for the heroes, players who want to be the villains could be Ogel's elite henchmen and go out to sabotage the Alpha team. I'm not sure on how I would deal with so many players wanting to join if this gets popular, but I could just say that Ogel has many bases around the world and the players could be sent there to attack and defend. I don't know how I would include mind control orbs since there is a possibility it would be abused and used for power-playing/bunnying.

Players could choose to be a human or robot and choose either the Alpha Team or Ogel's team.

The uniform of the player could also denote what would their role be in a squad. Players in Ogel's team would be human allies.

Blue sleeve=Squad leader (in charge of making sure the mission succeeds while minimizing harm and leaving little to no evidence of their spying.) (ONLY VETERAN PLAYERS MAY HAVE THIS ROLE)

Green sleeve=Explosives expert (in charge of setting up explosives.)

Purple sleeve=Weapons expert (in charge of arming the players.)

Red sleeve=Mechanic (in charge of repairing damaged vehicles.)

Orange sleeve=Pilot (in charge of driving all vehicles.)

Yellow sleeve=Hacker (in charge of infiltrating security systems and computers.)

Black sleeve=

If anyone has any ideas on more sleeve colors or roles a player could take, feel free to input them.

PROFILE TEMPLATE

Name: (first and last name, along with your codename inbetween.)

Uniform: (once you choose your uniform, you can't switch it, so choose wisely.)

Appearance: (include the uniform in your description and any modifications they have made. Be aware, if you choose anything bright, there is a possibility that it will be spotted easily.)

Bio: (it can be short or take up an entire novel.)

Gear: (all players are required to have a communicator, but if you choose to have extra tech, you may only have one lightweight piece of gear, so don't go carrying a heavy suitcase full of all kinds of tools.)

Weaknesses: (they can be anything combat orientated, based on a phobia or something that might hinder teamwork or stealth.)

Useable vehicles for both factions include aircraft, land vehicles and marine vehicles, but the Alpha team can transform their rides. I'm not sure on what special ability the Ogel vehicles should have, so I'm open for suggestions. There will be vehicles where two or more people will be required to be able to use it.

I may have a problem with maps, though, because posting them for everyone to see will just make it too easy to meta-game and use their OOC knowledge to perform actions IC, but if I don't include them, people will complain about the lack of maps and not play the RPG.

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

@IcarusBen- concept looks good!

@Petewa- Ninjago RPG sounds like a stellar idea. The only thing that strikes me as a possible problem is the hybrid elements -- they sound a tad OP; I could imagine players getting a little godmoddy with that. In general it's best to keep things simple so that players can focus primarily on developing their characters and moving the story forward.

@Liuth- I'm thinking you might want to come up with a different role for the blue sleeves, or reserve it as a reward for veteran players. If some players begin the game already in what is ostensibly a leadership position, it's not quite a level playing field. Also, when you say that players could choose to be "Ogel's elite henchmen," do you mean elite Skeleton Drones or human allies? Just a point of curiosity

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

@Petewa- Ninjago RPG sounds like a stellar idea. The only thing that strikes me as a possible problem is the hybrid elements -- they sound a tad OP; I could imagine players getting a little godmoddy with that. In general it's best to keep things simple so that players can focus primarily on developing their characters and moving the story forward.

Hybrid isn't the power of both elements, it's just over what literally happens when you combine the two elements, Earth+Fire=Lava, no more, no less, though I can see some of them needing some improvement due to being excessively underpowered, like Fire+Water=Steam, that would suck,

EDIT: Any hybrid elements not already existing* would be checked to see how over and under powered they were, and suggestions for limitations would be given, a character would not be accepted if they are found over-powered,

2nd EDIT: By existing, I mean having been proven not over/under powered,

Edited by D5 Petewa