Welcome to the LEGO Text-Based Role Playing Game forum!
If you do not know what a Text-Based Role Playing Game (TBRPG) is, here's an explanation:
TBRPG's are role-playing games that use text as the only medium of play. Members of a TBRPG abide by the rules and story set forth by that game's GM (Game Master, Original Poster), and essentially you take on a role of a character in this particular setting. TBRPG's are often described as interactive stories, where the goal is to help tell a story alongside your fellow members and where the goal, more often than not, is not to "win" -- in most, if not all, TBRPG's there is no "winning" as that's not how these games really work. Just tell the story of your character, stick to the GM rules and story, play respectfully with your fellow members and have fun!
LEGO TBRPG Rules:
1) Only TBRPG's belong in this forum and topics pertaining to LEGO TBRPG's. Bionicle related TBRPG's go here, and non-LEGO TBRPG's are to be requested here. TBRPG's need approval by GSR or Sisen and are not to be posted without approval, for they will be locked in such an event.
2) The posting of irrelevant information in this forum is not permitted, and is better known as Spam. Do not post spam and if you feel compelled to tell your buddy something about a topic completely unrelated to the forum/TBRPG at hand, PM that person instead with what you have to say.
3) Trolling and flaming is not permitted, staff will intervene to put an end to it. The situation will be resolved as is seen appropriate.
4) No inappropriate content. No pornographic material, no excessive blood and gore, no sexual jokes and other such ilk. These boards are to stay child friendly and are to conform to the site's universal rules as well. Here is a link.
5) If you see any rulebreaking, please use the Report! button so that we may get on the problem as soon as possible.
Rules Regarding TBRPG's
1) As stated above, PM the appropriate staff member (GSR, Sisen) when you have a reasonably well thought out TBRPG. It is highly recommended to talk about the game with the community prior to submission, as you may receive a level of assistance that may give your TBRPG an edge.
2) OOC discussions in TBRPG topics are allowed insofar as they are talking about the game itself with information all players need to know, or would benefit from knowing. If it's a personal dispute, take it up to PM. If there's a situation that has gotten out of hand and needs resolving, please make use of the Report! button.
3) Only one TBRPG for one LEGO Line at a time. Having two Dino Attack TBRPG's is akin to having two topics that are best called dupes, both can be fused into one (in most, if not all, cases). If you have this wonderful, brilliant idea for a TBRPG that already exists for the theme, try contacting that GM to see if you two can work something out.
4) Do NOT bypass the filter. If the word "Cheese" is filtered, you may not post "C#####" as that is, again, bypassing the filter.
5) Respect the GM and members in the game, and in the forum. If you have a problem with a member or a GM, respectfully PM them to try and resolve the situation. If that does not work, then contact a staff member and we'll handle it.
6) Double posting is not allowed, even if your TBRPG hasn't received a new one in quite a while.
7) We do have a revival limit, if a TBRPG receives no posts within 60 days it will be locked.
Edited by GSR, Jun 09 2014 - 08:16 PM.