Comedy Discussion and Planning Topic

MT Zehvor

I wouldn't say groveling is necessary, but I do feel that there are several tweaks that should be made.

The biggest one for me (and it goes back on what I said at one point) is the system of giving comedies a numerical score. I've come to realize, over the course of reading the comments for video game reviews for the past few months, that giving a numerical score rarely leads to any sort of meaningful indication that can't simply be given in words and simply promotes unfair and often flame war inducing comparison. People would start flame wars in the comments section, claiming that "one game is better than another" because one reviewer gave Game A a slightly higher score than another reviewer gave Game B.

I don't believe assessing a numerical value actually adds anything to the review, either. As I said before, one game (or comedy, in this case) getting a slightly higher score than another just leads to unfair comparisons. Now, of course, there is the argument to be made that scores are useful for denoting a bad comedy from a good one. A comedy that has a much higher score can obviously be denoted as better. But the thing is, that can just easily be done through words. Someone can say a comedy is good, and another comedy isn't, and we have the same distinction as if someone said a comedy was a 9/10 and another comedy was a 5/10.

That's the main thing for me at this point. I do not wish to put myself in a position where I'm forced to use an arbitrary numerical system to assign worth to comedies.

But this is getting off topic. We need to start planning for the SPRING COMEDY EXPO.

Wooooooo

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I'd apply for the CCC if I could promise that I wouldn't have an overload of work and studying each night :P. I'll probably sign up in the summer though.

But this is getting off topic. We need to start planning for the SPRING COMEDY EXPO.

I can say, with extreme certainty, that I have something new (maybe even two!) to display at this event, and depending on when it is (meaning less certainty here), along with S3 of TFC and maybe S2 of BTM.

I'm eagerly anticipating the moment where we actually do start plans :P :P.

~MN~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

Well, at the current rate of requests you'd only need to do one review a month tops, and you get two weeks to do it, so....

I say we run the Expo from the... *checks calendar* 21st to 27th at the earliest, but the end date can be no later than May 16th, because after that forget me being able to participate until around September.

If you do another Expo, do I have to do my marathon of like 5 BKR chapters again? Because I'm completely unable to get any other comedy off the ground, especially with me moving away from Bionicle and onto my own set of genderless species (collectively known as the Vrekavok).

Random fact: This is my 4001st post and the 5600th reply in Comedies.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

If you do another Expo, do I have to do my marathon of like 5 BKR chapters again? Because I'm completely unable to get any other comedy off the ground, especially with me moving away from Bionicle and onto my own set of genderless species (collectively known as the Vrekavok).

Random fact: This is my 4001st post and the 5600th reply in Comedies.

Nope. I have like half as much stuff as last time, so I'll be yodeling for the other half.

Do what you want.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

If you all are going to run an expo, I will probably be interested in participating. Don't count on it, but I have a teaser for another comedy of mine that's in the works. If I finish it in time, I'll tease it. :)

I am now remember Doctor Drake and hoping you have enough finished to show.

As for my thing of the expo, I'll obviously showcase some TvTR, and depending on when we'll do it I'll either showcase some important stuff for Season 2 or Season 3 of AfterWords.

I think if the Spring expo is smaller than the October expo, that's perfectly fine.

How about the last week of April for it? So starting on the 27th (Saturday), and going on for as long as need be...extending into the beginning of May if need be. I have a short break between the end of classes and finals week for studying days, and this would work amazingly for me if it went down like that.

If someone else can't make do with that, then I'd be fine with changing it to an extent (obviously we can't go much later or we'll run out of Spring).

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

April 27: Meta

28: Kaithas

29:

30: Phovos

May 1:

2: iBrow

Meanwhile, because iBrow requested the last day, we're officially adding May the 3rd, just so he doesn't actually get the last day! :P

(Just kidding, although we may actually need to expand if these slots keep filling as quickly as they are)

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Well, I have a new comedy to promote. And no, it's not Phovos's Stolen Diaries. I just don't have enough material to make that worth while.

And no, it's not The Rahkshi's Ramblings either (if anyone's been reading the Bohrok-Kal version of that, where I've mentioned it a bit).

I've also got some ideas for comedies and one-offs that I'll be throwing around.

Hmm... I'll have something very fun to promote for The AfterWords Season 2. Think along the lines of the teaser I showed for Season 1, except it's ten times more awesome, because the characters are going to know precisely what is going on.

I suppose I could probably show something for Tahu vs. Tahu: Resurrection as well.

And I'll put a quick tease here: HTBAH.

• 4 weeks later...

So, it's quiet around here. Will we be having a Summer Expo? Or maybe a contest or something? I mean, the Fortnightly flash fiction contests ignore us and the Epics section completely...

I'm sorry, I just fancied bumping and making the pinned section more interesting...

I certaintly don't mean to interrupt a civilized discussion, but... may I request a review? :P

As it appears, this is the new CCC? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm simply trying to find where I can get an updated review of my seemingly "dead" comedy, "Tahu's Tips to Survival". A while ago, near the end of 2012, was my first review on it from the CCC. Recently this week I updated it with a new chapter after roughly 6 months. :P I felt inspired again to continue. There is a lot of content in this comedy, regarding both humor and story, and I only wish to request a review of the whole thing as it stands currently. But, seeing as that is slightly unrealistic and foolish of me to request, I would like to request chapters 6-10. Feel free to read more or less, but these five chapters shape the focal plot of the story as it stands.

[/b]http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4468]Tahu's Tips to Survival[/url]Author: Tech WarriorStatus of your comedy: In ProgressChapters to be reviewed: 6-10

To aid in the reviewing, in the event that you may not want to (or have the time to) read the previous chapters in understanding where the story is, here's a quick back story: It began as a talk show; Tahu is the main character; Helryx, Makuta, Gali, Lewa, and Vezon are the cast, each with their own distinct personalities. Their facility blew up in Episode 4 by a tornado, and they found a village in Episode 5 as a safe haven. Tahu was believed to be "cursed" by Hakann (someone who applied to be a cast member but didn't really work out), and that is where Episode 6 begins. The plot is sort of just opening (was my big error of the comedy as discussed in the first CCC review; plot is introduced somewhat late in the story).

Anyway, I apologize for my unnecessarily long post, but I tend to say whatever I have in my mind at the time.

Thanks!

~ TW

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

The CCC is pretty much dead.

It's just iBrow and I hanging around.

Perhaps it would work better if people just came to other comedies and reviewed them spontaneously?

The reason the old CCC couldn't do that was because of the level of demand...but that's one issue that this CCC isn't having to deal with.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1