Comedy Discussion and Planning Topic

MT Zehvor

Another plan is to try something new; do something other than continue with stories that everyone knows.

Do something radical.

"Be the change you want to see in this world."

-Mahatma Ghandi

Okay. I'll still draft up some sort of proposal for them so we can still get the ball rolling if/when we get approval.

The PM's taking a rather long time to get a response to...perhaps we should go ahead and contact the other forums now while we wait for a response.

I was anticipating it wouldn't take too much time to get a yes or no...but that's unfortunately not the case here.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I'm on vacation right now, so my internet access is a little... Intermittent. But I'll draft up something soon so that we can take this to the other critics clubs. (I'll be paying attention, but I may not be able to reply. Just keep me updated on permission from HH.)

Defy Expectations

Today I announce my return from a hiatus. Despite my not-posting, I've still watched from afar at this and many other topics in the forum.

I'd be happy to participate in this new idea. Let me know when it gets the approval (or I suppose I'll just check back)

And an apocalypse story about the end of the forum?

vader.jpg

~MN~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

"'maybe"?Hmm... it might help if we get a response from the others in the library. Still working on that draft (It's hard to do stuff on vacation; will be back monday!) Other than that, we'll just have to wait. And maybe refine the idea a little.

Defy Expectations

Well unless this whole idea works out, I'm pretty much done writing, no one reads my stuff anyways.

That'd be incredibly stupid and would not work at all.

The idea will absolutely fail.

Is it sad that I laughed harder at the bluntness of this post than at many a comedy in this forum?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Well unless this whole idea works out, I'm pretty much done writing, no one reads my stuff anyways.

That'd be incredibly stupid and would not work at all.

The idea will absolutely fail.

Is it sad that I laughed harder at the bluntness of this post than at many a comedy in this forum?

I tried to get a general review list going a while ago, where 5 or so people would throw a comedy into a list, and each of the 5 or so people involved would review each other's comedies...but it never worked out. *sob*

Anyways, I'll review your comedy. I've been way too lazy with my promise to keep doing general reviews of comedies as they go by.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You are back

Wunderbar

Now get into G&T and start playing some games that will force you to remain active because you will like them so much

As for this forum

It's pretty dead

I recommend merging it

Merge it with what? I'm pretty sure none of the other library forums would take us (we're the odd ones of the group to say the least).

And G&T? Perhaps I shall.

Okay, you definitely have a point there. But which forum would take comedies? Or would it depend on the type of comedy posted (in which case, would take a fair bit of work to transfer)?

That, or we just make a romance forum. Where is everyone else's opinion of this?

The only place Comedies could be merged with is Epics, but Epics generally have a serious tone about them and Short Stories is that, short stories. There's also the format issue. Comedies don't have separate review threads the way Epics does and Short Stories only allow one chapter per topic.

Unless we do an entire library merger, I mean, the entire library section is quiet as it is.

Epics and short stories are only so serious because the non-serious stuff is restricted to comedies. While it might be tough to put multi-chapter comedies into epics, I'm sure an exception could be made just for the topics that are being moved over. Formatting differences are negligible.

Well, as long as the Epics section doesn't mind being flooded (in the loosest sense of the word) with not-so-well-written comedies, sans review section, I'm alright with that sort of merger. But Short Stories is a no-go unless the whole forum was merged. A name change might be needed though. "Long Stories"?

Also, your name change confused me.

Not a Comedies loyalist or even much of a Comedies writer, but I do think you bring up a good point with a merger - and not just for Comedies. I slogged into this topic a minute ago and then checked the progress of both of the other Library forums. Epics is doing as well as Epics ever has (perhaps less of an activity bump, but still people there and contributing to an extent) but Short Stories is just as dead and decrepit a forum as this one is, probably more so. What if, before submitting a tracker ticket, we decided to clear up all the issues at once and figured out what we can do about perhaps streamlining the entire Libraries category? Are there really enough short stories being produced by enough people that it would drown out the writers that always stick to Epics? With the Library in the state that it is now, would one Libraries/fanfiction forum perhaps be better served?

I mean, I'm all for it if we can get an activity boost, but would there be one? What do you guys think?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Merge everything into Epics and call in "Stories". Or merge comedies and epics. Merging two dead forums won't make the combined one alive, so...

I'll set up a tracker issue if you guys want. What would you want it to say, something like Due to inactivity in the Comedies forum, the Comedy Discussion and Planning Group would like the forum to merge with the currently active ___________ forum...?

Now that I think about it, it would be far more helpful if we consult the other forums about this.

That's why a tracker ticket would be good to make, so that people who don't see this topic can discuss it. You can even simply suggest that the Library subforums be merged together due to low activity in all three, and see what people say or if there are other ideas brought in. Asking the sort of questions young sinatra brought up in the tracker is also a good idea. Just to get people talking and so administration can see it and contribute, as well.

Edited by Hahli Husky

I think merging all three would be best.

Here's what I said on the tracker:

"I think an all-round merger would be better. Short Stories is dead and Comedies is dead. So we can still sort out what topic is what, we can use tags such as *comedy, *epic, *poem, *short *review and so on and so forth.

"That way, the whole section gets an activity boost.

"If you're worried about the areas being incompatible, we could archive the sections and create a new Stories section, with stories that are still active being moved/copied into this new section and continuing from there."

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...