• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Comedy Discussion and Planning Topic

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#41 Offline MT Zehvor

MT Zehvor
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,252 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 04:18 PM

We should probably start advertising the CF on it's own.Specifically the CCC part. To get more review requests.I'll link in sig when I'm not lazy.-MT

Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban_Sherlock_Ryunosuke.j

#42 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 07:06 PM

Who wants to review M.O.D.S.?

Please use the request form that is within the CCC post.-ibrow

I didn't see it at first. Probably should of been in the first post.Name of the comedy:M.O.D.S.Author: Rarity (Shadrahk)Status of your comedy: In progressChapters to be reviewed: 1 and 2

Edited by Rarity, Mar 29 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#43 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 08:07 PM

I didn't see it at first. Probably should of been in the first post.Name of the comedy:M.O.D.S.Author: Rarity (Shadrahk)Status of your comedy: In progressChapters to be reviewed: 1 and 2

Well, I asked somebody to link it (MT), but that has not been done yet.fishers64, you have two weeks to get this review done. I'll pm you later in case you don't see this.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

^CLICK TO READ THE PROLOGUE!!^

REVIEW TOPIC

#44 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 08:10 AM

Well, I asked somebody to link it (MT), but that has not been done yet.fishers64, you have two weeks to get this review done. I'll pm you later in case you don't see this.-ibrow

Done. Name of the comedy:M.O.D.S.Author: Rarity (Shadrahk)Chapters Reviewed: ALL

#45 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 08:18 PM

That was fast! Adding to the list- Comedy number one!-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#46 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 07:03 PM

What list? I seem to be missing it. Also, I note that the first post of this topic needs help. I have been approved, (other members are out of the "pending list") and we are missing a CCC link.And I'm the only reviewer as of yet - while I appreciate the chance to boost my post count, it's hard to have a "club" of one. :)

#47 Offline MT Zehvor

MT Zehvor
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,252 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 07:56 PM

I actually need to remove all that. iBrow's keeping track of all critic stuff now.-MT

Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban_Sherlock_Ryunosuke.j

#48 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 08:21 PM

What list? I seem to be missing it.Also, I note that the first post of this topic needs help. I have been approved, (other members are out of the "pending list") and we are missing a CCC link.And I'm the only reviewer as of yet - while I appreciate the chance to boost my post count, it's hard to have a "club" of one. :)

Hubert/Inspiration should be approved soon, once he gets the hang of reviewing. Plus, there's also me. I might pm HH about making a topic specifically for the CCC though, so that people will actually look for it and see it.

I actually need to remove all that. iBrow's keeping track of all critic stuff now.-MT

Links to both CCC posts would be appreciated, however.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#49 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 08:33 PM

What list? I seem to be missing it.Also, I note that the first post of this topic needs help. I have been approved, (other members are out of the "pending list") and we are missing a CCC link.And I'm the only reviewer as of yet - while I appreciate the chance to boost my post count, it's hard to have a "club" of one. :)

Hubert/Inspiration should be approved soon, once he gets the hang of reviewing. Plus, there's also me. I might pm HH about making a topic specifically for the CCC though, so that people will actually look for it and see it.

Links to both CCC posts would be appreciated, however.-ibrow

There's two CCC posts? One seems to be invisible, along with the "comedies list", which you supposedly added something to. I am one confused individual.

#50 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 08:46 PM

By 'getting the hang of reviewing' he means that I shouldn't crawl so deeply into the comedy chapters in my attempt to correct everything.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#51 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 08:51 PM

@fishers: Well, one is a massive wall of text with like ten banners at the bottom. That's the main post. The comedies list is a few posts below that and is tiny.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#52 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 08:56 PM

@fishers: Well, one is a massive wall of text with like ten banners at the bottom. That's the main post. The comedies list is a few posts below that and is tiny.-ibrow

And hard to find.We also reviewed Toarobot's comedy also - doesn't that go on the list? :shrugs:

#53 Offline Mad Scientist BioBeast

Mad Scientist BioBeast
  • Members
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 6,128 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 01:54 PM

World Domination 101Author:Zoma(Also Known as: The Dark Chronicler) and ‘Da Boss BioBeastStatus of your comedy: In progress, on hold.Chapters to be reviewed: All Please.Wow, can't believe I haven't noticed this before.

"I'll do it...  If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

#54 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:31 PM

And hard to find.We also reviewed Toarobot's comedy also - doesn't that go on the list? :shrugs:

Comedies used for screening process aren't put into the list.

World Domination 101Author:Zoma(Also Known as: The Dark Chronicler) and ‘Da Boss BioBeastStatus of your comedy: In progress, on hold.Chapters to be reviewed: All Please.Wow, can't believe I haven't noticed this before.

Guess I'll take this request. Expect it done by the end of Easter Weekend.

Edited by Kermit the Pyro, Apr 04 2012 - 02:33 PM.

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#55 Offline Toarobot18

Toarobot18
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 726 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 07:26 PM

What does this mean? If the review I got didn't count, may I request another one?

Posted Image
Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!
And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:
The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

#56 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 07:32 PM

What does this mean? If the review I got didn't count, may I request another one?

It means that your comedy was used to screen me for my reviewing position, which means that your comedy isn't put into the official reviewed comedies list on the hard-to-find post in here. I don't think that is fair, however - you can't help the fact that iBrow decided to use it for that purpose. :(

#57 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 07:40 PM

Still haven't finished screening process. Just. Three. More. Chapters. Left. And I have a day or two to finish them.Well, time to get to work.

#58 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 08:03 PM

Still haven't finished screening process. Just. Three. More. Chapters. Left. And I have a day or two to finish them.Well, time to get to work.

Remember though, one review. :P@fishers: that's how it was done in the past.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#59 Offline Toarobot18

Toarobot18
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 726 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 11:33 PM

Assuming he got the reviewing position, that would mean that his review was on par with your standards, right? Thus it could be used for ratings purposes? I understand why you might be inclined to not count a review used for screening if the person being screened didn't pass, but I'm not sure of the policy otherwise. Nevertheless, since that's the way you've decided to do it I would like to request another review (same comedy).
Posted Image
Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!
And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:
The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

#60 Offline Trad

Trad
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 356 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 03:41 AM

Undivine ComedyAuthor:TradStatus of your comedy: In ProgressChapters to be reviewed: Chapters 12&13This was my first attempt at writing and they were typed out a few months ago, so it may be a bit simple and repetitive.

Edited by TradTheMentalist, Apr 06 2012 - 03:42 AM.

"Wer Traumt?"

#61 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 03:34 PM

Assuming he got the reviewing position, that would mean that his review was on par with your standards, right? Thus it could be used for ratings purposes? I understand why you might be inclined to not count a review used for screening if the person being screened didn't pass, but I'm not sure of the policy otherwise. Nevertheless, since that's the way you've decided to do it I would like to request another review (same comedy).

I'll let it slide this time, but in the future all requests must be made using the request form. Inspiration, this one is for you.

Undivine ComedyAuthor:TradStatus of your comedy: In ProgressChapters to be reviewed: Chapters 12&13This was my first attempt at writing and they were typed out a few months ago, so it may be a bit simple and repetitive.

fishers, this one is all yours.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#62 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 06:18 PM

Which chapters am I to review exactly?

#63 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 06:23 PM

The last five. And that, Toarobot, is why you use the request form.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#64 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'll let it slide this time, but in the future all requests must be made using the request form. Inspiration, this one is for you.

fishers, this one is all yours.-ibrow

Got it. Undivine ComedyAuthor: TradChapters reviewed: Chapters 12&13 (as ordered)

#65 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 03:32 AM

Say, why am I not considered a full critic on the post?

#66 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:15 PM

Takua's Brainy AdventuresAuthor: Rarity/ShadrahkStatus: In ProgressChapters to be reviewed: First chapter.

#67 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 07:58 PM

fishers, you can get Rarity's.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#68 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 10:39 PM

fishers, you can get Rarity's.-ibrow

Thank You, most gracious one.Takua's Brainy AdventuresAuthor: Rarity/ShadrahkStatus: In ProgressChapters Reviewed: All. Mortal insanity.

Edited by fishers64, Apr 12 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#69 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 08:20 PM

fishers, when you complete a review, please link the actual review to here please, not just the comedy.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#70 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 08:24 PM

fishers, when you complete a review, please link the actual review to here please, not just the comedy.-ibrow

*cough* Sorry. Fixed.

#71 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 08:28 PM

*cough* Sorry.Fixed.

It's no problem yet; however, I'm not sure when it would turn into me having to swim through some comedy like Aftermath 2 to find your review. :P-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#72 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 02:36 AM

The Bionicle EntrepreneurAuthor: Toarobot18Status: In ProgressChapters Reviewed: All of them. Because I don't know how many chapters there are, and I don't know which ones are the 'last five chapters', so yeah, all of them.

Completed the review.

#73 Offline King of the Madness Isles

King of the Madness Isles
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 12:25 PM

Wow...the CCC's back, maybe I'll ask for a review in a little while...anyways, any CF stuff coming up MT?Also...

Who is Togariku?

Togariku is only the author of the legendary My Life with the Bionicles, with started the sub-genre of comedy where a human has to deal with living Bionicles, which Mad House semi-falls into. I read MLWTB for years before I joined (though it's good I didn't join back then, as Mad House, or at least the MH I was writing back then, was terrible) and was saddened when it ended and I never got to meet Togariku, who is the writer I look up to most. Sob. He's pretty famous. MLWTB was around during the original TBTTRAH (actually it started in 2005) and ended shortly after Aftermath began.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

#74 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thank you Inspiration. @PurpleBouncy: Oops, I forgot to answer that Q. :P MT, you might've known him as "Dominus Temporus".-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#75 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 06:26 PM

Tales of the HubertverseAuthor: InspirationStatus of your comedy: Beginning?Chapters to be reviewed: Prologue and Chapter 1Despite this comedy having been inactive for a while, and that I still haven't written the next chapter, I'm still planning on continuing it. So I'd like some in-depth feedback to help me kick-start it once more.

Edited by Inspiration, Apr 15 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#76 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 07:53 PM

Fishers can get that one, next request will be mine.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

#77 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 09:13 PM

Sounds interesting. Sign me up! (only accept my comedy "Ask Hapori Tohu")
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#78 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,296 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 09:48 PM

What exactly do you mean 'Sign me up'? Please elaborate.

#79 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 10:38 PM

Tales of the HubertverseAuthor: InspirationStatus of your comedy: Beginning?Chapters reviewed:AllHope I could help.Edit: All right, I have a review request for my comedy. Spinning Doctor DrakeAuthor: fishers64Status: CompletedChapters to be reviewed: All - it's about six chapters long.

Edited by fishers64, Apr 15 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#80 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 02:41 PM

Sounds interesting. Sign me up! (only accept my comedy "Ask Hapori Tohu")

Yeah, I have no idea what you're signing up for. :P@Fishers: Expect the review by the end of the week.-ibrowEDIT: Actually Fishers, what score would you give the comedy? Judging by your review alone I'm going to temporarily give it an 85%, but just tell me if you want it changed or if it's fine.

Edited by ibrow, Apr 16 2012 - 02:45 PM.

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

REVIEW TOPIC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users