Comedy Discussion and Planning Topic

MT Zehvor

No, one week will definitely be enough. And we're gonna need the extra prep time anyway.Besides, I'd like to have a month for the stuff I'm going to show, seeing as I have two-three all new comedies to announce and also sneak peeks towards upcoming chapters of comedies such as How to Be a Hero.-ibrow

No, one week will definitely be enough. And we're gonna need the extra prep time anyway.Besides, I'd like to have a month for the stuff I'm going to show, seeing as I have two-three all new comedies to announce and also sneak peeks towards upcoming chapters of comedies such as How to Be a Hero.
Well, you wouldn't be demoing anything during those days. We'd have to find some pre-expo party stuff to do...And I can't really think of anything that would be even remotely entertaining for that long.(Update the BZP Comedy Wiki Week? :P)-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Oh, wiki stuff. I could do stuff like that. Although what do you write about comedies that you can't just read?I suppose we could arrange them by the characters that appear in them.So, what could I do for my day thingy? Well, I do have a great idea for a Red VS Blue story. And I do very much want to get The Toa Nuva's Ramblings going again, although it will never be as amusing as the Bohrok-Kal's Ramblings. I might do some one-offs, such as a Cake-related Nuhvok-Kal+Medic love story thing based on my short story.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

Text. We'd be preparing for years if it was video or podcast. =P
I've actually been preparing for this expo my entire life.It was what I was born to do....Anyways, what I've been thinking for the new first week of this Expo is, after Gundam does his stuff on his birthday, and we all sing him a song, and give him awesome gif presents...October 10-14 would be filled with random comedy fan polls, perhaps giving us a preliminary idea of how the "Comedy of the Year" vote will go in December. Except none of the polls will really deal with which is the best comedy, so there will still be some suspense when the actual vote comes around.So perhaps a "Corniest Villain" Award.Or "Most Inventive Chapter name."Or "Best Character named Omega Turtle."Something like that.And then on the last day, there will be a "pre-expo-hype vote," where, if you announce a specific comedy you plan to demo ahead of time, it will be placed on a voting chart, and people can choose which ones they are looking forward to the most.-MT Edited by Toa Zehvor MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Not sure about the best comedy polls, but I think if we were to have the hype vote occuring all the first week, that'd be cool. We could ask Black Six to put the hype vote on the front page (I'm thinking Voting Booth - I'll make the topic if we do it since I'm premier). And then we could also ask him to make a news report on the Expo itself., perhaps each day or just at the beginning and end.-ibrow

So... can I join or not? I understand if you don't want/need me to join, but I'm just curious since my previous question went unanswered.I have some teasers lined up for stuff I could potentially put up here in the near future. Since I'm no longer sure who has what day, I'll take whichever day is left. I understand if you don't want/need me in there, but I just want to make sure. I'll understand if you say no. My writing isn't what it once was in my 2006-2010 days.

I'm sure you can join, matey. The more the merrier.Okay, list of possible votes:Best HeroBest VillainMost Random ComedyComedy with the stupidest title*Best argument in a comedyMost inventive name of a chapterMost interesting idea for a comedy* I nominate myself... I mean, Yet Another Comedy I Will Probably Forget About? That's almost as bas as Reading Over My Shoulder Is Dangerous To My Health.

So... can I join or not? I understand if you don't want/need me to join, but I'm just curious since my previous question went unanswered.
On the contrary, good friend.We'd love for you to join.
Join in, the more the merrier! Also MT, I was wondering if we could shift the thing so that it ends on Sunday the 28th, but is still 7 days long. It would work out better for me.
Well...if we do that, we'll basically end up ensuring that Gundam doesn't get his birthday party.It's fine with me so long as he doesn't really want his cake.-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Well, I really want to be on the final day, but I'm hoping to release information/teaser/whatnot once every two hours within a certain time frame, which will only work on a weekend.I have several things I need to type up for this, hence why I'm not trying to push it a week ahead. >.>-ibrow

Well, I really want to be on the final day, but I'm hoping to release information/teaser/whatnot once every two hours within a certain time frame, which will only work on a weekend.I have several things I need to type up for this, hence why I'm not trying to push it a week ahead. >.>
Let me clear something up: If we were to place the opening day on October 9, we would be expanding the entire expo, not simply moving it.-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Cool. I'll join then!Can I pick the 16th?
Should be fine.So far, our lineup appears like this:October 16: RarityOctober 17: PhovosOctober 18: Meta NuvaOctober 19: Shadow BionicsOctober 20: TNTOSOctober 21: GundamOctober 22: FelixOctober 23: MTOctober 24: Mr. ChickenOctober 25: iBrowKeep in mind none of these dates are set in stone yet. There is plenty of room for changes between here and the Expo's start.Let me know if your assigned date(if you didn't request one specifically) doesn't work out for you, and we'll change it.-MT Edited by Toa Zehvor MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I'll take the 20th, although any day will do, really.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Hmm... This looks interesting, and with my new comedy coming up soon I would definitely be interested in some of the expos.So yeah, go ahead and sign me up. I probably won't be able to get that involved until after the first of the year 'cuz I have a lot currently going on, but nonetheless I'm still very interested.P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!!:tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

'Tis fine, Mr. Chicken. So long as you have some stuff to preview or simply hype up, you're fine.(or I suppose you could spend the entire day dancing like Mesonak did that one time)At any rate, list is updated in the above post. We also have confirmation for our own topic now, so I'll get that up on October the 8th and do some preview stuff before the actual expo kicks off.-MT

XPufEB3.png?1