Dwanny Nuva: Toa Of Creation

Dwanny

Hi guys,I thought i might try a different style for a change, so here goes:dwanny_nuva.jpgDwanny Nuva: Wears the kanohi Arte (pronounced Art - Ay), the mask of dream realisation. He also wields a Pensul, a mighty weapon used for concentrating his power.First i thought i might do a toa drawing test, then it turned into a coloring test, and then it (d)evolved into this. :PThe main reason i inked it is because of the irony of a toa wielding a pencil, and so i decided to give it a rather cartoony look.Dwanny's Tips:To give something a cartoony look, try using smooth, curvy lines. Inking them also helps the "cartoon effect" along. Also, try using bright, bold colours.P.S. the colours didnt come out very well, i know. :upset: I think my scanner hates me.Criticism appreciated,-Dwanny

Edited by Dwanny

Sorry- I can't see the picture. You Brickshelf gallery is not yet public. It has to be public for others to see it. Sorry. :(

Thats strange, because my other drawings on brickshelf worked just fine... i shall try to fix this problem immediately.*EDIT* problem solved, thanks for telling me. ^_^ Edited by Dwanny

I like this a lot. And inking really works for your style. I think it looks great. :)Strangely, what impresses me the most are the eyes. It's a detail, but the colouring caught my eye. To me, they seem like they were done with watercolours? I am not sure, though.As always, great fan of your art style. ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

It reminds of the Toa Nuva from the movie. I like this one, the style's very elaborated, still I can recognize the set parts (are the arm pieces reversed?).I can see the Toa sketching his ideas to make them come true, everyone who draws would love to have such a power :biggrin:Like Taka Nuvia said, the eyes are impressive. I hadn't noticed until I read her reply.The only minor complaint is about the pencil, there's something weird but I couldn't say what. Apart from there's nothing else to say.Remember, once you start inking your works, you'll never go back :biggrin: Can I ask what's the element of the Toa?Keep it up, good job ^^

Edited by Hidron Nuva

hidron_nuva_idea.png

:kaukau: I'd definitely have to go with what Hidron said: reminds me of the movies. In a good way. Because even though I know its simplistic, but I know the feel you're trying to evoke.Actually, what I like is the way you spelled the cryptic foreign weapon. Its so tongue-in-cheek, and it definitely fits the style of the picture, so all-in-all it brings things full circle.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh