Inking Practice: Line Art

Dwanny

Hi guys, i've been doing some inking practice lately, and i thought i might share one of the scribbles i've been creating.And so here yuh have it: LINKAll this was painstakingly created with ArtLine pens, (0.1 mm, 0.2 mm, 0.5 mm) green colour pencils and a ruler.It started out as a test to see what i could do with pens, but it ended up as a test to see how long i could keep doing he same thing for ever without giving up. It was really hard. REALLY hard.But anyway, i'm rather pleased with the result.The not very visible pencil lines add a rather nice effect, if i dont say so myself. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif I just drew the outlines of a matoran, chose a spot inside of his body, (wich is still visible, btw.) and then drew lines all coming out of that point with a ruler. This is a technique i do NOT intend use in the future.If you try it yourself yo'ull understand why.anyway, i hope you guys like it!C&C appreciated,-DwannyOops, sorry, i posted this topic twice. for some reason i cant delete it...

Edited by bonesiii
Please link images over 500 KB in filesize. --bones

I have reported it already. For future reference: When you post a topic and it takes awhile to load, don't refresh it. It will create the unecessary double topic in that form. And if this does happen, you can check the bottom right hand corner of your post and hit the report button, and type in 'double topic' or whatever you want in order to say that you don't need the extra topic. Keep this in mind for future reference. ;)But, on topic, I think this is a very interesting piece of art, it is creative and very well done. I'd love to see more of your art - good job! =) (Plus, welcome to BZP!)EDIT: Oh, shoot, I didn't notice the other topic was already locked. My report for the topic can obviously be ignored at this point. But, still keep in mind what I said. ; ) (Plus, I'll remember what I did for future reference. :P)

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I like it. A lot. Even though that technique can be really annoying (I tried a similar one once, and nearly went mad, haha xD) But it turned out great! The lines create a dramatic effect, kind of like a camera zooming in. Would be awesome for action lines in a comic panel. ^^Small question: how long did it take you to finish this? *curious*Overall, I don't find anything to criticise on; if there is something, than that you could try making more lines on the outside to achieve some kind of gradient effect next time (if there will be a next time).

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Cool, I've always loved scenes like this in comics, this "zoom". It's so... perspective :DAlso, the Matoran's well drawn too. Is he Dwanny himself?I like this one a lot, there are some imperfections in the lines but it's impossible not making any. How much did it take?Anyway you've been very active on BZP lately, you've uploaded a lot of artworks - and they're all awesome!It's quality and quantity. You have my respect :D

hidron_nuva_idea.png

I like it. A lot. Even though that technique can be really annoying (I tried a similar one once, and nearly went mad, haha xD) But it turned out great! The lines create a dramatic effect, kind of like a camera zooming in. Would be awesome for action lines in a comic panel. ^^Small question: how long did it take you to finish this? *curious*Overall, I don't find anything to criticise on; if there is something, than that you could try making more lines on the outside to achieve some kind of gradient effect next time (if there will be a next time).

Well, this took more than an hour and a half to make. (random snack breaks included) And i was considering the lines on the outside, but i had more than enough after drawing the lines allready present. There will be no next time. Never. Okay, maybe, but not anytime soon. x3-Dwanny

Cool, I've always loved scenes like this in comics, this "zoom". It's so... perspective :biggrin:Also, the Matoran's well drawn too. Is he Dwanny himself?I like this one a lot, there are some imperfections in the lines but it's impossible not making any. How much did it take?Anyway you've been very active on BZP lately, you've uploaded a lot of artworks - and they're all awesome!It's quality and quantity. You have my respect :biggrin:

Wow, thanks! Yeah, thats dwanny allright. Its just kinda hard to tell.In terms of time, it took me an hour and a half. but in terms of LINES... I lost count rather early on, and i do not intend on counting them all up. :P-Dwanny

Well, this took more than an hour and a half to make. (random snack breaks included) And i was considering the lines on the outside, but i had more than enough after drawing the lines allready present.There will be no next time. Never.Okay, maybe, but not anytime soon. x3-Dwanny

Aww, don't say that. You never know if you won't want to try it again in the future ;DOh wait...An hour and a half? Mhm, that sounds quite okay...BTW, I just realized that the matoran even has shading, and that's awesome!

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

:kaukau: I've had the patience to draw far more straight lines in far more meticulous ways, so consider yourself lucky :P . Though I would encourage you to actually try to experiment with some of the more painstaking and measured artistic forms before fully deciding to give up, because the end results are worth it, if you ask me.Anyway, this picture looks like TPTI's avatar.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh