Whats Your Favorite Saying?

Dwanny

Title says all. Mine is: "The more you think about things, the weirder they seem. Take this milk. Why do we drink *cow* milk?? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!? - Calvin and Hobbes"so, yeah.

Edited by Makaru

"Always expect the best of others.And watch as your hopes get crushed like crackers in a fat man's bed. And the fat man is angry! And the fat man has a sledgehammer! And the fat man is yelling "Die, crackers, die!" " - "Pearls before swine"

Edited by Ehlekdude

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

"Always expect the best of others.And watch as your hopes get crushed like crackers in a fat man's bed. And the fat man is angry! And the fat man has a sledgehammer! And the fat man is yelling "Die, crackers, die!" " - "Pearls before swine"

Yeah p much this. Pearls Before Swine is a work of very heavy wisdom and philosophy.

AXKP5KC.png

"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

One? Just one? "Enim Sapientia"; "For wisdom."If that doesn't quite count, "Let yourself be light," from some versions of the song Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

"There are no boring places. Only boring people.""It has never mattered how thin a computer is.""It is hard to get married while you are coughing."(On The Ugly Duckling) "The lesson for ugly children is maybe you are a different species?"All of the above from Pictures For Sad Children. Probably more coming.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your darn lemons, what the heck am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"- Cave Johnson on Lemons, from Portal 2

Edited by Terminus

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your darn lemons, what the heck am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"- Cave Johnson on Lemons, from Portal 2

Also,"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."- Lelouch vi Britannia (Lelouch Lamperouge)/Zero, from Code Geass Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your darn lemons, what the heck am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"- Cave Johnson on Lemons, from Portal 2Gotta love it. If only you could demand to see life's manager. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.

That's a wonderful saying. Here's another wonderful saying along the same lines:

“He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him" - Socrates

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

I feel like yelling: OMG this is a topic for sayings people! NOT QUOTES!

But where do sayings come from? They're things people say, about something in life. If a person likes a "saying" that is also a quote, there is nothing wrong with that.

AXKP5KC.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. There's never just one, is there?Aut disce aut discede - A Latin saying, meaning, in essence, "Learn or get out."The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules. - I am uncertain of the original source."Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Siddhartha Gautama, better known as the Buddha

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"Whenever you feel down, remember. Time goes by. No time to cry." - My Heart Goes Nana from Millennium. Jeer me if you will for listening to that, but at the time I was probably at the peak of my depression. I remember being on the bus back from college feeling absolutely hopeless, hearing that and then I just started laughing because it came out of nowhere. It put me in a massively good mood for quite a long time.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.