LEGO Robots Help Scientists

Science can produce some amazing results, but the process can sometimes be dull and repetitive. British Scientists at Cambridge University are trying to build artificial bones, but in the testing process they need to dip the material in solutions over and over again, which would be a pain to do manually. Since it would be too costly to purchase an industrial robot to do the work for them, they instead used Mindstorm LEGO kits to get the job done. How cool is that? You can read more about the use of LEGO by these scientists <a href='http://www.futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com/technology/technolog/lego-robots-help-scientists-build-artificial-bones-463356' target='offsite'>here.</a>

View the full article

Suddenly, I have an urge to go to Cambridge univers- Ha, no, I can't even say it with a straight face. Carry on as you were.Sweet as it is, I wonder why they stuck with Lego. Wouldn't they have any other robotics at Cambridge? You know, more durable stuff, that wasn't made with the intention of being a toy.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Suddenly, I have an urge to go to Cambridge univers- Ha, no, I can't even say it with a straight face. Carry on as you were.Sweet as it is, I wonder why they stuck with Lego. Wouldn't they have any other robotics at Cambridge? You know, more durable stuff, that wasn't made with the intention of being a toy.

Probably not something customizable enough to cheaply build and program for the specific purpose they would need it to fill.