LEGO Announces 10225 R2-D2

How long has it been since Lego has included sculptural techniques on a set? The last I remember was those Darth Maul and Yoda sculptures from a loong time ago. I am definitely getting this. I mean, for once, R2-D2 has tools and a retractable third leg! And it's not one of those hollow-headed Technic models like before. Lego has really outdone all the previous Lego R2-D2 incarnations so far. Of course, ten years from now, I'll probably see a new Artoo and think I wasted money here :P

aouROFb.png

This reminds me of the old R2D2 Technic sets, but this one is much better (and also much more expensive). The retractable elements are great. Good job as usual, LEGO! :) You just can´t stop surpassing yourself. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Okay, I've never been much of one for Lego Star Wars, or Star Wars in general, but that fella is pretty cool. I just wish there was some kind of size comparison image, so I can figure out how tall it is.

There is a pic with the included minifig.
I was more hoping for a straight-forward side-by-side size comparison shot. From an angle, it's a little harder to tell.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

"Doo doo doo doo doo!" "What's that Artoo?

Oh Andrew, Andrew, Andrew, I love you. Thank you for that.BTW sorry about eating all your PEZ (<--not actually sorry). Well actually my girlfrann ate more of it than I did. Details. Good times.Let's you and I get this set over Memorial Day (you're gonna have another party, right??) and build it together!
bring back "an cool dude"

His head is a little too blocky,but maybe some dome pieces would correct it?The previous Artoo had too many gaps in him,which he looked more like an Artoo that broke down 200 years ago than Artoo. This is one of those few SW sets that catches my eye.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

This looks pretty awesome, although I don't believe I'm going to get it. Still an amazing set from the looks of it. ^_^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Wow that looks cool. It must expensive though...*checks price*$179.99?! No thank you.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Is his head supposed to be dark grey like that?

No. Because... it's not dark grey? It's Medium Stone Grey (Bricklink's Light Bluish Gray, often called Light Bley).
I think he´s rather referring to the fact that his head is grey and not white like the rest of the body. This had me pretty confused for a while concerning the minifig before I realized Artoo´s head is really silver and not white, so making it grey definitely makes sense.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wow that looks cool. It must expensive though...*checks price*$179.99?! No thank you.

For over 2000 pieces, there's no way you could expect a much lower price than that.
Yikes. I knew it would be expensive, but that's ridiculous.
That is ridiculous, but considering the size of the set, it can't get any lower, to be frank. A set like that couldn't be lower than $150, at the most.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

For over 2000 pieces, there's no way you could expect a much lower price than that.
Yikes. I knew it would be expensive, but that's ridiculous.
That is ridiculous, but considering the size of the set, it can't get any lower, to be frank. A set like that couldn't be lower than $150, at the most.
I think it says 16+ because you have to be at least that old to afford it.

aouROFb.png

This set oozes with awesome. It could only be better if it included a button that played R2-D2's classic beeps and boops.The piece-to-price ratio of this set is actually pretty good, Chaos Dralcax. It's certainly better than most of the sets in Lego's other lines.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"