So, What Makes You Unique?

Jinkmeister

Title says it all. Why're you unique? Could it be a special talent? Knowledge of something not many people know? Maybe you're imagination is beyond control. Just keep it positive!I'd say what makes me unique is I can look at something and analyze and refine it to near perfection.

The whole "keep it positive" thing kind of narrows my options, to be honest. Can we include indifferent things as well?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay.I have, against all common sense and reason, taught myself to write music over the past two years. It's a bad idea, if you want to learn to write music, find someone competent to teach you.I'm also stubborn, apparently, as I am now doing the same thing with the Irish flute.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Over the course of the past 5-7 years, I taught myself programming, started an open-source game project (and am attempting to help out with another - B:CoD - but life is unfair), and discovered Linux. I bet there are a lot of teen nerds that have done the same, but can they play ice hockey? :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

My mood changes rapidly to different extremes. I have a tendency to go from overly cheerful to passive aggressive to (less frequently) melancholic. That's unique, right?Oh, and my imagination. It just doesn't stop spinning and evolving. It's actually quite frustrating, because my mind just buzzes with ideas and storylines that I just can't get down fast enough, and when I can, I'm usually not happy with it. Again, an over-active imagination which I try to transform into writing. Sorta unique?Of course, we can't forget that when everybody is unique, NOBODY is unique. Two people similar would be more unique than other people when everybody's different.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I'm GAY.

How very unique. :P
I know! I'm so special!
Great, that makes me 50% more unique than I thought. And you 50% less. ...Sorry 'bout that.(I assume I got the maths right. I don't care if I didn't.)
How so? Also, I'm Norwegian. We're only 5 million people. That makes me way more unique than you, Mr. British guy!

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

I'm GAY.

I know! I'm so special!
Great, that makes me 50% more unique than I thought. And you 50% less. ...Sorry 'bout that.(I assume I got the maths right. I don't care if I didn't.)
How so? Also, I'm Norwegian. We're only 5 million people. That makes me way more unique than you, Mr. British guy!
Well, I'm bi. So if you being gay makes you 100% more unique, that makes me 50% more unique. Which I guess would make you 50% less unique unless that means... Oh no, I'm going cross-eyed.Yeah, but I hate most of Britain, which sets me apart from the patriots at least. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I'm GAY.

I know! I'm so special!
How so?Also, I'm Norwegian. We're only 5 million people. That makes me way more unique than you, Mr. British guy!
Well, I'm bi. So if you being gay makes you 100% more unique, that makes me 50% more unique. Which I guess would make you 50% less unique unless that means... Oh no, I'm going cross-eyed.Yeah, but I hate most of Britain, which sets me apart from the patriots at least. :P
Yeah, but 80% of all animals on the planet are bi, the last 20% is dominated by straights and then somewhere in there are the gays :P And you're bi? That means... we can date!

I'm GAY.

I know! I'm so special!
How so?Also, I'm Norwegian. We're only 5 million people. That makes me way more unique than you, Mr. British guy!
I'm Scotch-Irish, with some British and Welsh in me. But I follow the norm on that which you guys were talking about. :P Although, after hanging out with all of my friends on Steam, I'm not sure anymore. .-.I also play all the instruments in the Violin family, along with Guitar, Bass Guitar, and Mandolin.But mainly Bass, Bass Guitar, and Mandolin. I want a Ukulele. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Umm... I'm an atheist and I'm into Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, Marxism, sociology and poker. For my AS-Levels I did History, Sociology, English Language & Literature and Physics, the latter making it an unusual mix. The combination of those is fairly unique, right?Oh, and I'm a guy with long hair. Don't see too many of those around here :P

Yeah, but I hate most of Britain, which sets me apart from the patriots at least. :P

Pfft. The one thing that all British people have in common is hating other British people :P Edited by Cheshire Cat

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

The patterns of Adenine, Thymine, Guanine, and Cytosine in my Deoxyribonucleic acid.

Same here. We must be, like, related or something. :oThe results of my deoxyribonucleic acid's unique pattern are as follows:-I'm homeschooled.-I'm a very art-inclined person: I like writing (stories, poems, lyrics), composing music, sketching, and graphic designing. Whether I'm good at all of those things is another story entirely.-I want to sing, but while I'm okay at hitting notes, my voice doesn't sound that good.-I'm not Christian, not Jewish, not atheist, not agnostic, not Buddhist, not Muslim, not Hindu, and definitely not Scientologist. I don't know what I am beliefs-wise, and I think that kind of gives me a unique edge.-I have very wide musical tastes, ranging from classical to pop to a lot of rock genres to even rap. My volume / aggression tastes range from quieter than "Be Still" by The Fray to maybe a little louder than "Papercut" by Linkin Park.-My cultural / ethnic backgrounds are quite diverse.-I like science fiction a lot.-I think the Science Channel and Discovery Channel are currently the best channels on national television.And finally:

I have, against all common sense and reason, taught myself to write music over the past two years. It's a bad idea, if you want to learn to write music, find someone competent to teach you.I'm also stubborn, apparently, as I am now doing the same thing with the Irish flute.

Replace "Irish flute" with "piano" and you have me. Edited by Legolover-361

I don't believe any one trait can make someone unique. We all have our talents and tastes, but each of them are shared with others. That's a good thing, of course, but alone these traits not truly "unique". I believe that the combination of all our individual traits makes us all unique. Someone can share a trait with you, but chances are you'll never find someone exactly like you. And that's awesome.tl;dr you're all unique and beautiful in your own way ^w^

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I think that just because we're all technically unique it does not mean we are special.I'm unique and special. Top that one.

From The Oxford Desk Dictionary and Thesaurus, Second Edition:

spe-cial adj. 1 a. particularly good; exceptional. b. peculiar; specific. 2 for a particular purpose.

According to those definitions, we're all special in some way. Besides which, calling yourself special and saying other people aren't is kind of egotistical, isn't it?

I think that just because we're all technically unique it does not mean we are special.I'm unique and special. Top that one.

From The Oxford Desk Dictionary and Thesaurus, Second Edition:

spe-cial adj. 1 a. particularly good; exceptional. b. peculiar; specific. 2 for a particular purpose.

According to those definitions, we're all special in some way. Besides which, calling yourself special and saying other people aren't is kind of egotistical, isn't it?
Take the first definition and you'll see 90% of the population drops off the face of the earth. And yeah, I know it's arrogant to say that I'm better than most people, but what if I really am? Why is it that everyone else gets to give you compliments, but once you feel good about yourself people hate you for it? I think that's fake.

I draw, have an overactive imagination (which is totally great until it gets dark. Can be rather scary too), can not watch horror movies or look at violent pictures/anything graphic... remmeber things easily... wear black stuff most of the time, have a love for skulls (also in accessory, proof)... and many other things, I guess.Just enough to never have fit in IRL, yay! :biggrin: [/sarcasm]Edit:

[...]And yeah, I know it's arrogant to say that I'm better than most people, but what if I really am?Why is it that everyone else gets to give you compliments, but once you feel good about yourself people hate you for it?I think that's fake.

I noticed that, too. And yes, it makes no sense at all.But I guess there's a faint line between arrogance and knowing that you're good at something. O.o Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Yeah, but 80% of all animals on the planet are bi, the last 20% is dominated by straights and then somewhere in there are the gays :P

Yeah, but I hate most of Britain, which sets me apart from the patriots at least. :P

Pfft. The one thing that all British people have in common is hating other British people :P
Aww, come on! Don't I get any claim to uniqueness? :PWait! Steampunk! Yes, I'm a big fan of the genre of Steampunk. And when combined with my three favourite video games, Onimusha, NieR and Yakuza, NOBODY could out-unique me there!

Why is it that everyone else gets to give you compliments, but once you feel good about yourself people hate you for it?

For the same reason you can't correct the groom at weddings when they tell the bride she's the most beautiful woman ever. :P

LzcD9OS.png

And yeah, I know it's arrogant to say that I'm better than most people, but what if I really am?

There's a fine line between believing you're better than everyone else and knowing you are. I mean, I feel good about myself, but I don't think I'm flat-out better than a lot of people. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses; everyone has them.That said, I feel kind of slighted because I'm pretty sure I'm not inferior to you. :P

Why is it that everyone else gets to give you compliments, but once you feel good about yourself people hate you for it?I think that's fake.

It has to do with humility. No matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement. I mean, complimenting yourself is fine, but saying you're better than other people automatically pushes some buttons. If you do say it, at least back it up. :P Edited by Legolover-361

There's a fine line between believing you're better than everyone else and knowing you are. I mean, I feel good about myself, but I don't think I'm flat-out better than a lot of people. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses; everyone has them.That said, I feel kind of slighted because I'm pretty sure I'm not inferior to you. :PIt has to do with humility. No matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement. I mean, complimenting yourself is fine, but saying you're better than other people automatically pushes some buttons. If you do say it, at least back it up. :P

You see. I think you are inferior to me. But I don't like seeing things that way. I don't believe much in hierarchy. I believe that we all serve different functions. However, some of us are elites. And trust me, I know the difference between feeling good and being good. I'm destined for greatness.I have all the experience, I have a huge mental capacity, I'm very intuitive and I'm passionate.These are all things I need when I'm going to study psychology next year. And if I were to back up my claims I would have no concrete evidence of my abilities. A lot of people rely on hard and concrete facts. However, this is not how you connect with and understand human beings. We got here because of our brains (and our hands but whatever). It would be foolish to overlook this. It would be disgusting to say to another human being "Unless you can produce this specific thing I need, you have no worth". We all agree on that, right? Right. And so why, when it comes to judging others, do we rely on all this concrete stuff? I know this is all very philosophical, but come on.

You see. I think you are inferior to me. But I don't like seeing things that way. I don't believe much in hierarchy.I believe that we all serve different functions. However, some of us are elites.And trust me, I know the difference between feeling good and being good. I'm destined for greatness.I have all the experience, I have a huge mental capacity, I'm very intuitive and I'm passionate. !!! >>>>>>> These are all things I need when I'm going to study psychology next year. <<<<<<<< !!!

And you're going into psychiatry.... WOW. :bored:

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

There's a fine line between believing you're better than everyone else and knowing you are. I mean, I feel good about myself, but I don't think I'm flat-out better than a lot of people. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses; everyone has them.That said, I feel kind of slighted because I'm pretty sure I'm not inferior to you. :PIt has to do with humility. No matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement. I mean, complimenting yourself is fine, but saying you're better than other people automatically pushes some buttons. If you do say it, at least back it up. :P

You see. I think you are inferior to me. But I don't like seeing things that way. I don't believe much in hierarchy.I believe that we all serve different functions. However, some of us are elites.And trust me, I know the difference between feeling good and being good. I'm destined for greatness.I have all the experience, I have a huge mental capacity, I'm very intuitive and I'm passionate.These are all things I need when I'm going to study psychology next year.And if I were to back up my claims I would have no concrete evidence of my abilities.A lot of people rely on hard and concrete facts. However, this is not how you connect with and understand human beings.We got here because of our brains (and our hands but whatever). It would be foolish to overlook this.It would be disgusting to say to another human being "Unless you can produce this specific thing I need, you have no worth".We all agree on that, right? Right. And so why, when it comes to judging others, do we rely on all this concrete stuff?I know this is all very philosophical, but come on.
Spoken like a true psychologist.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

And you're going into psychiatry.... WOW. :bored:

That's the one part I'll regret about studying psychology. I will have to learn to not speak my mind, to observe and evaluate only. My offensive humor? Get rid of it. But in return I will have a much greater understanding of the human mind. I will be able to work with people and help people. I will be all I ever wanted to be, and the best part is that it's not for me that I'm doing it. Not entirely.

You see. I think you are inferior to me. But I don't like seeing things that way. I don't believe much in hierarchy. I believe that we all serve different functions. However, some of us are elites. And trust me, I know the difference between feeling good and being good. I'm destined for greatness.I have all the experience, I have a huge mental capacity, I'm very intuitive and I'm passionate.These are all things I need when I'm going to study psychology next year.

You have said something we don´t want to see here, for two reasons. One, calling a member inferior to you is something we don´t tolerate. And two, apart from that you claim you don´t believe much in hierarchy, what you have said about elites, you being destined for greatness and whatnot is EXACTLY what has lead to the worst event in human history with a horrible global war and many of the most horrific of crimes ever conceivable. Between what you have said and what Hitler and the Nazis said, there is literally nothing. I thought I should add that and let you think about it before you go out and tell people they are inferior to you. By saying that, you also isolate yourself socially, you know. JUST LIKE HITLER DID before he decided to come over to Germany and do what he did. I´m not comparing you to Hitler, and I would never compare anybody with him. But thoughts like yours can lead to things like those which happened.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^