Who Or What Introduced You To Bzpower?

Jinkmeister

My brothers and BIONICLE itself introduced me to the site, I mainly lurked here for about a year as a guest. I was reading Lady K's stories at the time, and writing also got me on the site in 09. Took me awhile to actually join because I didn't know if I should or not. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Addendum: What did you do whilst you lurked? I spent 100% of ny time in Comedies, which would explain my devotion to the Libraries :P

I read epics and short stories in the Library, if I recall. I was dying to comment on them, but I just kept on reading them anyway. :P

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Google. I searched 'Bionicle' and Bzpower was on the first page. That was back in 2003-2004 or something. I occasionally looked at the Hot Topics on the front page, but didn't bother joining till I came to my senses last year.First act was posting in Q&A, I think, followed by spending a lot of time in S&T, GD, and CoT. Then I discovered the BZPRPG, and most of my post count is based solely on that :P

Posted in GD or Bionicle Sets, if I recall. Turned out I didn't comment on all the things I enjoyed reading before I had joined. :P

slipped away...

I found BZPower through the merger of BZCommunity and Kanohi-Power, which I found through Google back in early 2001, and I found BZC through REDimension, which was the original name and host of what is not BZP. I lurked for six months because I was convinced my parents wouldn't let me join a forum, spending all my time in the BBC. Then I said "screw it" and joined in January 2002. My first act was to post terrible MOCs.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I found it through Google, way back when (probably 'round 2004), didn't realise there were forums, thought it was boring, found out about it through the LEGO message boards, didn't realise there were forums, still thought it was boring, and then I found the forums through Google in 2010, lurked for AGES as a guest (BZPRPG and this one comedy, 'Toa Training' or something like that) before joining in October.BTW, couldn't this topic be made into a poll?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I had seen it mentioned in passing on the LEGO Message Boards, and then just Googled "BZPower" ... the first thing I remember is the Iron MOCist contest, though I was still lurking at the time.The first thing I did on BZPower was lurk in Roa McToa's MOC topics - I think I joined to make a comment about her Piraka chibis. I proceeded to make some spammish posts and confuse the report button with the reply button. I then proceeded to make a few terrible comedies before realizing that they were terrible.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

What happened to Sumiki pretty much happened the same way with me. Back in 2008 I saw it as a passing mention in the LEGO Messageboards (although I didn't, and still don't have an account there) and I googled it. I used it for reference before I joined about a year and a half later.

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

For me, it was the Bionicle site way back in '03 or '04. It had a link to BZP, and I kept coming back until I joined in '05

Same here in 2004.

Addendum: What did you do whilst you lurked? I spent 100% of ny time in Comedies, which would explain my devotion to the Libraries :P

No idea, but I think I spent some time looking for MNOG II help.

And another addition: What was/were your first act/s on BZP upon joining?

No idea, I just know that I didn´t start posting until nearly five months later. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Found BZC in 2002, lurked as a guest for a few months and decided it was a Bad Site, left, rediscovered it a while later just after the BZC/KP merge, then inexplicably kept hanging around for months and months and months (like a year, IIRC), eventually decided it was Not So Bad, and then joined in 2003 because I wanted to post a dumb theory. Then I made dumb comics and dumb stories and became a dumb staff member and met a lot of dumb friends and was dumb.

bring back "an cool dude"

In the year 2001/2 I knew someone who often went on about one of two websites, BZCommunity and Kanohipower. I didn't visit either website as I didn't care enough about Bionicle to get that into it, but in 2002/3 I heard of a new website called BZPower and at the prompting of this same friend I checked it out. From then on I visited occasionally as a guest, not joining until 2006.(For the earlier bits, I can't recall which year precisely but it was one of the two. I'm like this with any dates :S)

Edited by Spink

Heard of BZPower when browsing through the BIONICLE.com gallery and saw something made by something else you can get on BZPower and it mentioned the source, so I came to BZPower.When I finally joined, I did VERY noobish stuff.

mindeth the cobwebs

That's easy. GOOGLE! :DI often visited the Bionicle site via a search engine, and BZPower was always a top result. Naturally I would eventually be curious enough to have a look.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

*whips out all purpose historical diagram*6819123733_6421b845be_z.jpgOh, wait, it doesn't exactly cover this one.

I didn't. I joined BZP before I even looked at the forums, with the full intention of joining just to getting a story in the Library for the Stasis Toa contest and bailing. Needless to say, it didn't work.

And another addition: What was/were your first act/s on BZP upon joining?

I would like to think that the first was posting my story I had intended, but my electronic records betray me - I got distracted and posted in a couple GD topics that I was interested in for some reason. That's probably why I'm still here... Edited by fishers64

I found it after someone gave a link to one of the articles on a Brickfilming Forum,and I got here,read the article,was dumbfounded and couldn't figure out who Hapori Tohu was,later found the BZPRPG,thought it was fun,then read all the other stuff,and then,somewhere in December,I decided to join. I then made a bunch of noobish posts in CoT. Here I am now.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

I learned about BZP's existence while I was looking for information on the 06 Bionicle storyline on the Lego message forums. I actually went onto the site looking for pictures of the Vezon and Fenrakk set. That is basically how I discovered BZPower.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Peer pressure. I had a few MOCist friends from other sites before I joined BZP, and they kept telling me to share my creations, and that it's a cool community.Looks like they were right :D I now try to do the same for other non-BZP members.-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

I forget what I was doing when I stumbled across "The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet", but that was my initial eposure to BZP. I joined about a month later (that is, early October 2010). My very first post was in the topic for the Meltdown review, but the first real act of any importance was entering a MoC in the BS01 Tobduk contest, which got very few, but fairly positive, reations."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Brickshelf, surprisingly. At the time, tons of things including this mysterious BZPower showed up. In curiosity I visited it, but was confused by layouts and whatnot (keep in mind I was new to the internet and was like, 9 or 10). A year or 2 later, it came up again and I decided to check it out. It looked nice and was filled with a seemingly great community, so I went ahead and joined. The rest is history.

doom4revalt.png

I think thoron told me about BZP on another forum. I lurked in AWIII (now known as Comics) for a while then joined.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Back in December 02, I was reading the Lego Message Boards trying to learn more about what the Kal were all about, and people with useful info kept siting BZP. I visited a few times to read up on the latest news, and eventually joined when it became obvious that it was a much better forum than the Lego Message Boards. :PI forget what the first thing I did was, but my first month included a few topics on sets and mask, comments on news stories, and eventually posting lame MOCs. (Newbish stuff, ext.):music: