Teaser Trailer for LEGO Batman 2

Look, up in the sky! It's a Batwing! It's an invisible jet! No, it's Batman 2: DC Super Heroes! Due for release this summer, the first teaser trailer for the next epic video game from Traveler's Tales can be found on <a href='http://www.fbtb.net/2012/03/15/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-trailer-debuts/' target='offsite'>FBTB</a>. Not a simple sequel, the DC super heroes can be found battling all the baddies, and set to John Williams tunes no less!

View the full article

And yes, I already have it reserved. I'm not giving up the chance to get this for anything.LEX. TALKED.JOKER. TALKED.If they get Kevin Conroy for Batman, my life will be complete.

NEED MOAR.It sounded like Lex's voice actor from the Superman and Justice League series. Hopefully they'll stick to that pattern, since Joker's voice pretty much had to be someone other than Hamill, since Arkahm City was to be his last performance as the Joker.
How well will you die?

And yes, I already have it reserved. I'm not giving up the chance to get this for anything.LEX. TALKED.JOKER. TALKED.If they get Kevin Conroy for Batman, my life will be complete.

They already failed by not using Mark Hamil for The Joker.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Well, despite growing up on early lego games like Lego Island, I'm not excited about the voice acting at all. Travelers Tales has achieved such a consistent quality with their voiceless cutscenes, and I don't see the point in throwing all of that to the wind. I certainly don't think Lego Star Wars would have been nearly as memorable if, say, Darth Vader just told Luke "I am your father" - the actual cutscenes we got were way more creative and unique.

They already failed by not using Mark Hamil for The Joker.

No, as Mark Hamill has stated that Batman: Arkham Asylum would be his last performance voicing the Joker. Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

The speech totally ruins the fun, lovable aspect of the murmuring and body language evident in the cutscenes from the other games. It's not just a cop-out, it's more like they intentionally took a sledgehammer to their earlier, innocent style.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The LEGO community seems to be split between the people who like that they have voices and those who don´t. Personally, I found the speechless animations very amusing, so I´m not sure about the change. If there is a change in the first place. Who says they didn´t just let him talk for the trailer? But if they do talk in the game, I hope it´s either worth it or that they won´t do it for future games unless it really works BETTER than it could without them.Anyway, when does LEGO finally decide to make a HF videogame? :P~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Holy smokes speech... Dang Lego must be doing pretty well in the budget department .

Budget-wise, it's probably not expensive to have voices. The games have had voices before-- in fact, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars had voice work from the same actors in the Clone Wars TV show. Naturally, though, their voices were limited to grunts and other non-verbal vocalizations.We don't know for sure that the game itself will have voices-- that might have just been for this commercial. I'd prefer it without voices, but then again I don't think voices would ruin it.

Voices. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think it would add a lot of depth to the story if the minifigs talked. I would like that. But really, my opinion pivots on one thing: Whether Kevin Conroy voiced Batman or not. If he did, I'll be euphoric. If he didn't, I might give it a chance. If Diedrich Bader did Batsy's voice, I wouldn't touch this thrice-accursed piece of trash with a twenty-foot pole.It all depends on that, for me.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

These games frankly have been growing boring. Same gameplay, same silly mime cutscenes, and the only attempt they made of innovating anything--the level builder in LEGO Indy 2, apparently wasn't good enough to carry over to LEGO Star Wars III. While the gameplay has yet to be seen, it appears that this game will put more work into the cutscenes.Another reason they're doing this is probably because this, like the first Batman game, is not based on a film anyone's seen. Therefore, to convey the story more, they make cutscenes with voices and better animation. I remember finding it difficult to understand exactly what was so dangerous about what some of the villains were doing in the first Batman game.

How well will you die?

This looks cool to me. I kind of prefer that the characters didn't talk, but that is just me. And hey, maybe they'll put in an option to disable the characters from talking, so that the player could choose if he wanted to play the game with or without the characters using dialogue. That would please everyone. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

TALKING. WHAT THE FREAKING CRUD?!?!I'd actually be enthusiastic about this, but knowing Lego, they're going to take the opportunity to add a bunch of stupid "get down, as in boogie?" esque one-liners.As far as the actual game is concerned... I liked Lego Batman 1, but these games are starting to get a little old. Hopefully they'll change up the gameplay or something to make it a little more unique.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

TALKING. WHAT THE FREAKING CRUD?!?!I'd actually be enthusiastic about this, but knowing Lego, they're going to take the opportunity to add a bunch of stupid "get down, as in boogie?" esque one-liners.As far as the actual game is concerned... I liked Lego Batman 1, but these games are starting to get a little old. Hopefully they'll change up the gameplay or something to make it a little more unique.

I like the way they did all the Lego games actually.

It looks fun, but I doubt it will surpass its predecessor. I don't know what to say about there being voices. I think I'd prefer it without voice acting and only pantomiming/miming with added grunts. But despite this, I hope Kevin Conroy will voice Batman; from TAS to Arkham City, he does the best Batman voice.

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate