Chols The Wolf (Selfmoc)

Chols

chols.png

I guess this moc needs a brief explanation...

I'm sure you're all familiar with the concept of a "selfmoc", a moc which serves as a persona for its creator. It's a great concept really, though until now I had never been inspired to make one for myself. Recently, I've had a growing interest in the furry fandom, a creative community based on the concept of anthropomorphic animals. Furry personas, or fursonas, are very popular among furries. So I thought it would be fun to take both concepts and combine them.

:biggrin:

Anyway, yes, this is a persona of myself as a wolf. I'm quite satisfied with the moc, but as a fursona, it's more of a beginning concept, which I intend to build upon later. Also, this moc was designed to be both an

anthro wolf and normal wolf. This meant altering the body proportions a bit to accommodate both forms, but I believe the results were worth it.

That's all. Looking forward to your feedback. Love y'all. :3

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Amazingly done, especially the claws as I can see there a few comments about it on Flickr. The body shape is done well and the flexibility of it is the coolest since you can pose it any way you like. Love the head details as well.Besides that I'm not much of a MOCer, so my commenting is limited, but I think this is sweet.

Saw this at first, and didn't consider posting, but then I just couldn't resist. :PI love the head details (ears made me laugh), those were very well done, and I also liked the body design and shape. Claws were awesome, too, good job on that. ^^ This is an amazing MOC, you did a great job on it. Again, great job. ^_^(BTW, the Brickshelf folder isn't public yet I noticed. Not sure if you knew that or not, but I figured I'd tell you anyhow.)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

It is pretty hard to perfectly combine a humanoid body and an animalisitc body (speaking from experience when I draw creatures), but I think you did a great job! I like the claws, and the head is plain fantastic, but the tail in my opinion doesn't match the quality of the rest of the MOC. But I know it's hard to make it look "fluffy" or furry with Bionicle pieces.The chest and upper back look great, and I think the proportion of the body when it's on all fours is pretty accurate to the real animal. :)

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Incredible.I absolutely love the torso you made for your self MOC. The combination of old Bionicle, system, and Hero Factory for the chest is genius. The limbs are great as well, and I really like the builds of them.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Goodness! As someone who has never, ever been able to combine Technic and System, it's just that much more impressive. I love the use of binoculars to hold the claws, stroke of genius there. And it has the added benefit of being both a quadruped AND a biped! What more could you possibly want!?

Sorry guys. Brichshelf appears to be slower than usual with publicizing this gallery. I figured it would be public by now, but I guess not. :| EDIT: The Brickshelf gallery is now public. Took long enough. :PAlso thanks for all your input. I gotta say I wasn't expecting this much positive feedback. You guys rock. :3

Wow. That is nice!How long did it take to build? =P

That's hard to say, as I usually take a long time to finish a moc, but most of that time is spent putting projects aside until I can brainstorm again. I don't recall what originally motivated me to build this, but the first design concepts I developed were the paws, which I made back in December (1, 2). The rest of the moc kinda of developed from there. I believe it did begin as a selfmoc, though at one point I shelved that idea because I didn't think I could pull together enough dark blue pieces, but I managed to compensate for that and it all turned out okay. ^^

Incredible! I envy your MOCing skills - That just looks incredibly sleek, and it's amazing. Especially compared to my attempts - mostly since i don't have very many parts at my access. Good work, and keep it up!

Thanks. :3 I'm glad you like the sleek design. The idea was to make the model look as organic as possible, which of course is hard to do with Bionicle pieces. I think it came out pretty good though.

Saw this at first, and didn't consider posting, but then I just couldn't resist. :PI love the head details (ears made me laugh), those were very well done, and I also liked the body design and shape. Claws were awesome, too, good job on that. ^^ This is an amazing MOC, you did a great job on it. Again, great job. ^_^(BTW, the Brickshelf folder isn't public yet I noticed. Not sure if you knew that or not, but I figured I'd tell you anyhow.)

I'm glad you guys liked the head and claws. I'm very fond of those parts too, and they were really fun to make. c:

It is pretty hard to perfectly combine a humanoid body and an animalisitc body (speaking from experience when I draw creatures), but I think you did a great job! I like the claws, and the head is plain fantastic, but the tail in my opinion doesn't match the quality of the rest of the MOC. But I know it's hard to make it look "fluffy" or furry with Bionicle pieces.The chest and upper back look great, and I think the proportion of the body when it's on all fours is pretty accurate to the real animal. :)

Yeah, it was very difficult to pull off. Personally I think that designing an animal character that can be either bipedal or quadrupedal without physical changes works best in a 3D medium (such as modeling or CGI rendering). For any other visual art, it's probably a better idea to keep character designs exclusively normal or anthro, or switch between the two when necessary. But then again I suck at art, so what do I know. :BI must admit that I'm not fully satisfied with the tail either. Wolf tails are very shaggy (though not as long or bushy as a fox's tail), but that texture is virtually impossible to emulate in a Lego design, which sort of hurts the look of the model. Perhaps using Bionicle sockets wasn't the most ideal approach, but I needed something both articulate and thicker than the average hinge piece. I'd definitely like to experiment further in Lego tails, though, so I'm open to suggestions.

Goodness! As someone who has never, ever been able to combine Technic and System, it's just that much more impressive. I love the use of binoculars to hold the claws, stroke of genius there. And it has the added benefit of being both a quadruped AND a biped! What more could you possibly want!?

I want a pony

The combination of different parts (as other posters mentioned) is incredible and the overall design sorta reminds me of the Pokemon Lucario. It's an amazing job, and really unbelievable how you brought together parts from a few different lines to create this MOC.-Ced

Huh, I guess it does share some similarities with Lucario, especially the primary fur color. I've seen plenty of blue canines though (fictional ones, of course), so it's nothing uncommon. There's one important difference though: I don't have hips that look like giant shorts. :PAlso I usually like to blend Bionicle and system pieces in the same models, but in this model, fusion was very important for the overall design. It was also quite fun to experiment with using clip bricks as hinges for the hands and feet, but believe me, getting a 10" tall model to stand on clip brick feet is no easy task. ._. Edited by Chols

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

This is awesome. I love the color scheme. The head is really well done. This wolf looks good in both forms, which is pretty hard to do. Good use of system pieces. My only complain is the tail. It's kinda short, but I don't really have ideas to make it better. Maybe make it blue, so you'd find more tail-ish pieces in this color? Anyway, great job.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

i really like how you managed to combine those system, old bionicle parts and HF parts altogether into one MOC, but still you need to improve the body shape, it looks kinda too flat, and maybe a bit too wide, and also the legs look too small, making it unpropotional with the rest of the body, but still nice job, you made to head looks really neat, great job :)

This is awesome. I love the color scheme. The head is really well done. This wolf looks good in both forms, which is pretty hard to do. Good use of system pieces. My only complain is the tail. It's kinda short, but I don't really have ideas to make it better. Maybe make it blue, so you'd find more tail-ish pieces in this color? Anyway, great job.

By my estimates, the tail's actually just about the right size for a wolf's tail. Their tails usually don't reach below their back leg's ankles, and that's about where the tail ends.It still does feel a little short when standing up though. That probably has more to do with the elongated torso proportions.And by blue, do you mean regular blue? Unfortunately that would clash with the rest of the moc, and wouldn't expand my options for Bionicle pieces. I'm considering making more tails out of system, which could be touch given their limited articulation, but I'm hoping that will lead to a better design.

i really like how you managed to combine those system, old bionicle parts and HF parts altogether into one MOC, but still you need to improve the body shape, it looks kinda too flat, and maybe a bit too wide, and also the legs look too small, making it unpropotional with the rest of the body, but still nice job, you made to head looks really neat, great job :)

*Shrug* I confess that torsos have always been my biggest shortcoming. :P It's got some faults, though given my shameful lack of dark blue pieces, this was hard to overcome. I don't mean to excuse myself though, I wish to improve on it a bit too.And frankly, the legs aren't actually too small. They look short, but for a number of reasons. 1) the weight of the model forced me to bend them a bit more than I wanted to while taking photos, and 2) the torso was lengthened to suit the quad position, so it makes other body parts look out of proportion (which is why I said before that merging a biped/quad body is bad for most artistic media :). Plus, if they were longer, I'd have to make the arms longer to compensate. Then you'd have a werewolf with lanky limbs and a bulk torso. And that would be scary. Again, I don't mean to excuse myself; your criticisms are most appreciated, but I had my reasons. :P

Do those claws that use the binoculars fall off a lot, especially the legs?

Actually, they don't. Perhaps if you mishandle the model they could pop off, but when building/posing, they were quite sturdy. Of curse, for the hands, I kind of had to jam the pieces together (note that the binocular lenses are slightly larger than 1 stud wide), which caused them to not fit perfectly, but fortunately that didn't become a problem.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

A MOC that integrates Bionicle, Hero Factory and system? You don't see much of those. That head is a perfect representation of a wolf head. Only issue I see is that the body doesn't flow all that well. I mean some flat system plates with some cheese slopes and a smooth curved HF piece. I think all of that is too much and doesn't look that attractive, I don't know :shrugs: But I can say this is a great attemp to a fusion MOC although it still needs some work

I had a signature once

it's gone now

Wow. I like the way you used Piraka legs as torso sides and blended in some System without it looking tacked-on. Only thing I don't like is the torso being way too smooth. If you were going for a large torso look, it would have looked better with more texture. Tail is a bit...boring. Nice job on the foot/hindleg claws, they look realistic.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Incredible MOC ... The consistent use of System, HF, Technic, and Bionicle is great, and the original designs are astonishing. The colors are well chosen and layered just as well. My one complaint is the lower torso - considering the short legs (which seem to be in proportion to the arms and head) the torso ought to be far shorter. The chest and shoulders are perfect, but it seems like an inch off the lower torso would do it some good. Alternatively, make the Legs WAY more human-proportioned. Remarkably done.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I like it. I especially love the use of combined SYSTEM and Hero Factory parts. Along with that, the arms and legs are beautiful with the Rahkshi thigh pieces being used. The only thing that could be modified (but isn't necessary to modify) would be the lower abdomen, as it looks a bit simple. I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem if you were to have him on all fours.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Exellent! Great use of system. My only suggestion would be to move the shoulders back or up a stud. They look to square as it is. I'm not sure how you could do it, though. Can you place some individual balls on the side of the neck Y-socket instead, and put a HF skeleton piece on them? I think you could then move the HF bits up a tad and fill in the gap between them and the body with a system cheese grater. Maybe. Anyway, fantastic job.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg