Bionicle Zone Power Or Hero Factory Power

Bambi

Which would you prefer,  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no. While I hardly take part in Bionicle discussion here anymore, and indeed I want the site to continue to focus on LEGO in general, that in no way suggests that the BZP name needs to go. BIONICLE remains the formative influence on this site, and even as we broaden our scope, BZPower is distinguishable from other LEGO fansites primarily as a result of BIONICLE's legacy. For instance, few LEGO fansites have such an emphasis on the story behind themes as BZP does, thanks to BIONICLE's epic overarching storyline. Most LEGO fansites still fail to give constraction themes like Hero Factory a chance, even as they sidelined BIONICLE during its heyday. Even if BIONICLE discussion on BZP were to come to a complete halt, our discussion of other themes would be colored by our past as a BIONICLE site. Therefore, I see no reason to change the site's name.(As a side note, the choices for this poll are flawed. The question is posed as a selection between "BZP" or "HFP", but the answers are "Yes" and "No".)

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Bionicle was a toyline which ran for ten years. It ups and downs where not drawn from the product, but from our own devoution to a story already formed within our own minds. We let minute problems grow into immense mountains, and road that rollercoster up and down to the highest points, only to be brought back to the depth of our own obsession. In the end we let it get the better of us, And, instead of it being a sorrow celebration, the Makuta's defeat was a relief. After 9 long years, no more arguments over Inika bodies or Greg's varying writings. We had changed: we wanted an escape from ourselves. The strongest followers fought hard- in fear of loosing what they love, only building the crematorial fires of animosity . Meanwhile, others hid from the cause, in hopes that the chaos would die with the chronicle. They searched comfort in familiar faces, blocks and bricks, and a factory that bore it's own Toa.In the end, to let Bionicle die is not a statement onto Bionicle, but onto the fandom itself, unable to concour selfishness, greed, and sorrow. Bionicle brought us fans together through unity, yet each and every one of us let death be it's destiny. Why don't we now do our duty, and be the heroes, and the fans, that we were meant to be.BZP

Edited by the last chronicler
http://paranickfilmz.co.nr/ <----- Watch the Dark Knight Rises Trailer in LEGO!

Bionicle was a toyline which ran for ten years. It ups and downs where not drawn from the product, but from our own devoution to a story already formed within our own minds. We let minute problems grow into immense mountains, and road that rollercoster up and down to the highest points, only to be brought back to the depth of our own obsession. In the end we let it get the better of us, And, instead of it being a sorrow celebration, the Makuta's defeat was a relief. After 9 long years, no more arguments over Inika bodies or Greg's varying writings. We had changed: we wanted an escape from ourselves. The strongest followers fought hard- in fear of loosing what they love, only building the crematorial fires of animosity . Meanwhile, others hid from the cause, in hopes that the chaos would die with the chronicle. They searched comfort in familiar faces, blocks and bricks, and a factory that bore it's own Toa.In the end, to let Bionicle die is not a statement onto Bionicle, but onto the fandom itself, unable to concour selfishness, greed, and sorrow. Bionicle brought us fans together through unity, yet each and every one of us let death be it's destiny. Why don't we now do our duty, and be the heroes, and the fans, that we were meant to be.BZP

Ummm... no. Some of us just thought that BIONICLE had ended well, and that it could be left at that. Others of us would have liked more but recognized that we had no power to bring it about. Let's be honest: yes, there are strong online fan-followings for a lot of things that have ended. But a strong online fan-following isn't enough to bring something back when that something could not sustain itself in the first place.There was a sort of a relief in BIONICLE being over, but for me that was merely a financial relief, knowing I'd no longer have to spend as much on LEGO anymore. Obviously that didn't work out-- today I'm a huge fan of Hero Factory and Ninjago, which are just as expensive to collect.The relief from BIONICLE's end, however, wasn't for me a chance to escape the fandom. Leaving BZPower in late 2010 was a last resort for me when it became clear that BIONICLE's end would only create new arguments, not put an end to old ones. People hurried to suggest that either BIONICLE was TLG's best theme and they would suffer for ending it, or that BIONICLE's end had been inevitable due to their own personal pet peeves like Inika torsos, violence in the storyline, whatever their personal disappointments had been. I sought refuge on other sites and didn't return until after the downtime when some of the anti-LEGO rage had cooled down and people were willing to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of both Hero Factory and BIONICLE.A person does not love BIONICLE less because they have moved on to other things, or stopped hoping for it to return. There's still plenty to love and appreciate in the ten years we had. You wouldn't assume a person didn't love their wife if their wife died and they didn't bother trying to bring her back from the dead. We have to at some point recognize that we can either put our energy towards enjoying the things that are out there for us, including BIONICLE, or waste our energy waiting and hoping for the reality around us to change in ways we can't control.The dedicated fans of BIONICLE weren't enough to keep it profitable in the first place, after all. Its sales had stopped growing years before it ended. To assume that it's the fault of the fandom that it is never likely to return is just as silly as assuming that it was the fault of the fandom that it went away. The LEGO Group has always had more control over the theme and its success than we as a fandom had.There's no doubt that many of the people working on BIONICLE loved it as much as we fans did. But they moved on, taking the lessons they had learned from BIONICLE and applying them to new endeavors. There's no reason BIONICLE fans should feel guilty about doing the same. It's not as though we're choosing to leave BIONICLE behind us forever. Instead, we're salvaging what we can. BIONICLE gave us many things that we loved, but it was not the only place where those things could be found. It gave us a unique way of looking at things, and as a community we are now learning to apply that to new passions. It's the reason I came back to BZPower even after I left and found other communities where I felt at home. BIONICLE's influence shaped BZPower into something unique, and that uniqueness is expressed even in non-BIONICLE discussion. Hero Factory and Ninjago are parts of BIONICLE's legacy. But BIONICLE's legacy also lives on in the community it helped to create here on BZPower. And even when we go on to talk about Hero Factory and Ninjago and all the other things we as a community have been drawn to, we can't forget that BIONICLE helped to bring those things to us and helped bring us to those things.

Ummm... no. Some of us just thought that BIONICLE had ended well, and that it could be left at that. Others of us would have liked more but recognized that we had no power to bring it about. Let's be honest: yes, there are strong online fan-followings for a lot of things that have ended. But a strong online fan-following isn't enough to bring something back when that something could not sustain itself in the first place.There was a sort of a relief in BIONICLE being over, but for me that was merely a financial relief, knowing I'd no longer have to spend as much on LEGO anymore. Obviously that didn't work out-- today I'm a huge fan of Hero Factory and Ninjago, which are just as expensive to collect.The relief from BIONICLE's end, however, wasn't for me a chance to escape the fandom. Leaving BZPower in late 2010 was a last resort for me when it became clear that BIONICLE's end would only create new arguments, not put an end to old ones. People hurried to suggest that either BIONICLE was TLG's best theme and they would suffer for ending it, or that BIONICLE's end had been inevitable due to their own personal pet peeves like Inika torsos, violence in the storyline, whatever their personal disappointments had been. I sought refuge on other sites and didn't return until after the downtime when some of the anti-LEGO rage had cooled down and people were willing to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of both Hero Factory and BIONICLE.A person does not love BIONICLE less because they have moved on to other things, or stopped hoping for it to return. There's still plenty to love and appreciate in the ten years we had. You wouldn't assume a person didn't love their wife if their wife died and they didn't bother trying to bring her back from the dead. We have to at some point recognize that we can either put our energy towards enjoying the things that are out there for us, including BIONICLE, or waste our energy waiting and hoping for the reality around us to change in ways we can't control.The dedicated fans of BIONICLE weren't enough to keep it profitable in the first place, after all. Its sales had stopped growing years before it ended. To assume that it's the fault of the fandom that it is never likely to return is just as silly as assuming that it was the fault of the fandom that it went away. The LEGO Group has always had more control over the theme and its success than we as a fandom had.There's no doubt that many of the people working on BIONICLE loved it as much as we fans did. But they moved on, taking the lessons they had learned from BIONICLE and applying them to new endeavors. There's no reason BIONICLE fans should feel guilty about doing the same. It's not as though we're choosing to leave BIONICLE behind us forever. Instead, we're salvaging what we can. BIONICLE gave us many things that we loved, but it was not the only place where those things could be found. It gave us a unique way of looking at things, and as a community we are now learning to apply that to new passions. It's the reason I came back to BZPower even after I left and found other communities where I felt at home. BIONICLE's influence shaped BZPower into something unique, and that uniqueness is expressed even in non-BIONICLE discussion. Hero Factory and Ninjago are parts of BIONICLE's legacy. But BIONICLE's legacy also lives on in the community it helped to create here on BZPower. And even when we go on to talk about Hero Factory and Ninjago and all the other things we as a community have been drawn to, we can't forget that BIONICLE helped to bring those things to us and helped bring us to those things.
Thanks for the reply, and essential what you are saying is in agreement with my own thoughts, but I think you misinterpreted the physical ending of Bionicle for what I believe left BZP in this current shape. Bionicle, the great thing as it was, cannot exist if we continue hang on problems with each other or the theme itself, and in this way we are destroying what could be so much more. Bionicle and LEGO have always strived for creativity in a multitude of shapes and forms, and I feel, by changing the name BZP, we lose the unifying ideas that the theme represents. We cannot forget how Bionicle brought, and held together people of different personalities and ages, to express themselves in a multitude of creative and intellectual forms. I don't think BZP should lose that.

I gave to agree with the last chronicler there. It's a little like what Norik said in the third Bionicle movie:"Unity. Duty. Destiny. It starts with Unity."

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I've been trying to avoid replying to the mostly off-topic stuff in here, but one thing I just gotta say, and it's kinda on-topic.I wish people would stop saying "Bionicle is dead" or the like. I've seen people on all sides of the question of whether it might return phrasing it this way. But Bionicle was always something that was to be given out by LEGO to we the fans who gave it life by our imagination. It never had what you could think of as life without us, and thus since we are still enjoying it as fans, it is most definately not dead. It's not expanding (canonically), but that should hardly define Bionicle's limits, IMO.I know it's semantics, but yeah. Kinda relevant here since this poll is about a semantic issue of our site name. :) Not really saying this argues for or against keeping "BZP" (I still kinda like the "redefine the 'B' part" idea more, but whatever), but I wish our discussions of this and of Bionicle's end would be more realistic in how we word things.Also, realistically speaking, BZP had little influence on Bionicle ending or not. But arguably, keeping the name BZP definately might help convince LEGO fans are still interested in it, and we -have-had some influence on set design and the like (anticlonism for example).Now that I'm bothering to post, a clarification, re: DV's post -- basically Bionicle's (eventual) return is likely because to new kids it will be "just as new", plus a boost from old fans. And LEGO did not say that it was over and done with entirely; in fact they have shown interest in possibly picking it back up by continuing the story for a while, and keeping the copyright current. What they announced was that the sets were ending,, and most of the story at least for now. Anything beyond that is just fan interpretation, as far as we know. Also current LEGO view on it refers to now, and may change in the future with changes in management, new focus group tests, etc. (And the story is probably over now too, but we don't really know yet.)Most of which is pretty much irrelevant to this poll, though. :P So yeah. BZP's name.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Now that I'm bothering to post, a clarification, re: DV's post -- basically Bionicle's (eventual) return is likely because to new kids it will be "just as new", plus a boost from old fans. And LEGO did not say that it was over and done with entirely; in fact they have shown interest in possibly picking it back up by continuing the story for a while, and keeping the copyright current. What they announced was that the sets were ending,, and most of the story at least for now. Anything beyond that is just fan interpretation, as far as we know. Also current LEGO view on it refers to now, and may change in the future with changes in management, new focus group tests, etc. (And the story is probably over now too, but we don't really know yet.)

LEGO's physical representatives at every convention since BIONICLE was canceled have said, nearly word for word "BIONICLE is dead and we are not bringing it back. It had a good run and we learned a lot from it. But it is over and we have moved on to new and different applications of the constructable building figures". This is not fan interpretation. This is LEGO's representative, authorized to speak to fans as the company's official spokesperson.BIONICLE's return is not likely. I'm sorry, but it's not. The theme stopped being profitable, and using the name in the future would make little sense when the line showed itself to not have legs towards the end. Yes, kids would think "oh hey this is new!" They are just as likely to think that with a new theme entirely, and TLG is far more likely to invest in another original property than to resurrect an old one that was costing them money and does not have the built in fan base we all seem to pretend it does.Also, the (poorly done and executed) storyline continuance wasn't a "so we can pick this back up" it was a concession to fans saying "we know you were invested in this, so here's a few extra tidbits to keep you interested in us as a company.:

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

And prior to the end the word was "it would end when the sets stopped selling" but it turned out to end because management changed their minds even though at the time they were still selling reasonably well. The point is, the future is unpredictable, especially in terms of the intentions of management -- and more so considering management changes. What we know is that, depending on how it is done, a Bionicle return could be a wise move for the company, one I would encourage, and I think many other fans would as well. ^_^Whether they choose to use that option eventually is a question to be decided in the future. :)I think in terms of our name, probably the best overall solution is to keep the acronym, and say it can be seen as Bionicle, Brick, Build, whatever. But anyways, I agree something LEGO-in-general would be good too. ^_^ That is, after all, our focus -- yet the point of view of those saying Bionicle is our origin and thus legacy as a site is very valid too. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Bionicle Zone Power is still a strong reflection of our community as a whole. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but since when has S&T discussion died down or people stop posting Bionicle creative works? The things regarding Bionicle are still the most prevalent and popular things on here. Changing it to HFP would be wrong because that's not what we mainly talk about on here.

And prior to the end the word was "it would end when the sets stopped selling" but it turned out to end because management changed their minds even though at the time they were still selling reasonably well. The point is, the future is unpredictable, especially in terms of the intentions of management -- and more so considering management changes. What we know is that, depending on how it is done, a Bionicle return could be a wise move for the company, one I would encourage, and I think many other fans would as well. ^_^Whether they choose to use that option eventually is a question to be decided in the future. :)I think in terms of our name, probably the best overall solution is to keep the acronym, and say it can be seen as Bionicle, Brick, Build, whatever. But anyways, I agree something LEGO-in-general would be good too. ^_^ That is, after all, our focus -- yet the point of view of those saying Bionicle is our origin and thus legacy as a site is very valid too. :)

What gives you the idea the sets were "still selling reasonably well" towards the end? LEGO's annual reports starting around 2005-2006 said again and again that the theme was not experiencing any growth and sales were not meeting expectations. Sometimes it's not a matter of whether the sets are selling at all, it's a matter of whether they're selling enough to be profitable, or at least to be more profitable than a new theme not tied down by years of established sets and story would be.I agree that it's impossible to predict the future 100%, but expecting TLG to go back on their word about this makes about as much sense as arguing that one day TLG will bring Fabuland back. Yes, it's possible, but every reliable source suggests that it isn't going to happen. The main real advantage of bringing it back many years down the line is to appeal to fans from back in the theme's initial run, the majority of whom would have moved on by that point even if BIONICLE had never been cancelled at all (BIONICLE fans who remain fans long into adulthood are not the norm). Other than that, there's no reason why TLG couldn't create a new theme just as good as BIONICLE without any more difficulty than it took to create BIONICLE in the first place.In fact, creating a new theme that's successful is easier than bringing back an old theme and making it successful, because a theme designed from the ground up can be custom-tailored to the audience of kids who will be buying it. In contrast, older themes were originally designed for a different audience, and can only be changed to a certain extent before they become an entirely different theme with the same name. BIONICLE was great, but it'd be foolish to think that the work that made it great could never happen again for a different theme. Quite recently TLG has created Ninjago which, while different than BIONICLE in a lot of ways, was their most successful new product launch of all time in 2011. The Ninjago TV series has been immensely successful. And kids love the theme-- a Google search brings up dozens of artfully-designed Ninjago birthday cakes created by parents and professional bakers, and that's not the limit of excellent ways parents have expressed their kids' love for the theme.Of course I'm not going to say we should change this site's name to Ninjago Zone Power. That'd just be silly. BZPower is a name its users have always been happy to identify the site by. And although BIONICLE was one of the words that contributed to the site name, nobody identifies this site by BIONICLE Zone Power anymore. But the name BZPower has become a way of identifying the community here, and "rebranding" ourselves just to attract new members who might be turned away by the letter "B" seems like overkill.

Look, Aanchir, and the rest of yall, this debate has already been hashed out in old topics. We're all covering old ground here, and I'm just reporting to you the accurate conclusion. Bionicle's return or not isn't going to be settled in an off-topic discussion in a poll about BZP's name, okay?Let's just get back on-topic. If you want to know the answers to those questions, like about the sets and stuff, I suggest simply going back to the old forum and re-reading the topics, news articles, etc. about this. In short, they announced it was mainly about the loss of the "new factor", as I am always reminding people lol. The details of this were discussed to death already in the past.Thanks. :)Edit: And since I'm the one saying this is off-topic, it would be inconsistent for me to continue here; I've made my answer to the poll question clear. If anyone really wants to discuss Bionicle's end in detail, they are free to open up a new topic about it in Lego Discussion. :)

Edited by bonesiii

Look, Aanchir, and the rest of yall, this debate has already been hashed out in old topics. We're all covering old ground here, and I'm just reporting to you the accurate conclusion. Bionicle's return or not isn't going to be settled in an off-topic discussion in a poll about BZP's name, okay?Let's just get back on-topic. If you want to know the answers to those questions, like about the sets and stuff, I suggest simply going back to the old forum and re-reading the topics, news articles, etc. about this. In short, they announced it was mainly about the loss of the "new factor", as I am always reminding people lol. The details of this were discussed to death already in the past.Thanks. :)

No, you're NOT reporting the accurate conclusion, and it's frustrating that you seem to think you are. TLG has officially stated that they are DONE with BIONICLE. That they have other areas they would like to take their constructable action figure brands.They have also stated publicly and officially that it was canceled because it was no longer profitable, that the theme had stopped experiencing growth, and in fact, sales had drastically declined. It was not about "newness", it was about money. The lack of "newness" might have contributed to the (huge) decline in sales, but the biggest reasons were stated as being a long, complicated story that intimidated new fans, and a loss of brand recognition. Also, the expected slide of sales from BIONICLE fans into system sets never happened. Bringing back BIONICLE in ten or twenty years isn't even remotely likely, so no, you are not reporting the accurate conclusion. You are, in fact, reporting the exact opposite.Also frustrating, is that you are not voting booth staff. You do not get to say "I am right now everyone stop discussing this matter". And, the viability of BIONICLE's return has a HUGE impact on the site's direction, and therefore the discussion is not off-topic, it is in fact extremely relevant.

Look, Aanchir, and the rest of yall, this debate has already been hashed out in old topics. We're all covering old ground here, and I'm just reporting to you the accurate conclusion. Bionicle's return or not isn't going to be settled in an off-topic discussion in a poll about BZP's name, okay?Let's just get back on-topic. If you want to know the answers to those questions, like about the sets and stuff, I suggest simply going back to the old forum and re-reading the topics, news articles, etc. about this. In short, they announced it was mainly about the loss of the "new factor", as I am always reminding people lol. The details of this were discussed to death already in the past.Thanks. :)

No, you're NOT reporting the accurate conclusion, and it's frustrating that you seem to think you are. TLG has officially stated that they are DONE with BIONICLE. That they have other areas they would like to take their constructable action figure brands.They have also stated publicly and officially that it was canceled because it was no longer profitable, that the theme had stopped experiencing growth, and in fact, sales had drastically declined. It was not about "newness", it was about money. The lack of "newness" might have contributed to the (huge) decline in sales, but the biggest reasons were stated as being a long, complicated story that intimidated new fans, and a loss of brand recognition. Also, the expected slide of sales from BIONICLE fans into system sets never happened. Bringing back BIONICLE in ten or twenty years isn't even remotely likely, so no, you are not reporting the accurate conclusion. You are, in fact, reporting the exact opposite.Also frustrating, is that you are not voting booth staff. You do not get to say "I am right now everyone stop discussing this matter". And, the viability of BIONICLE's return has a HUGE impact on the site's direction, and therefore the discussion is not off-topic, it is in fact extremely relevant.
Geez, guys, is it really necessary for a Blog Leader and a Reference Master to publicly argue in a topic? :mellow: If you want to continue tearing each other into pieces, carry this over to a personal conversation, okay? And anyway, DV, I recommend you react a bit more calm. I understand it´s easy to get passionate in a discussion, but keeping yourself collected is far more likely to guarantee you people listening to what you say. And until a Voting Booth Forum Assistant, Forum Leader or a Global moderator or Admin comes by and says otherwise, as a staff member assigned to this forum I say that whether BIONICLE comes back or not is indeed relevant to the poll´s question, but discussion in this topic shouldn´t evolve about why it could come back or not, but about whether BZPower should keep its name or not. If you think it should keep it because BIONICLE may return, you may say why it may return, but let´s keep the topic´s purpose in mind. Can we move on now?That said, I think BZPower should keep its name, simply because that´s how BZPower has been called for ages and is known for. And anyway, it´s not like it matters that the B means BIONICLE, as people don´t refer to this site as BIONICLE Zone Power, but as BZPower. Nobody is going to be put off by the BIONICLE in the name, rather they will be curious about what BIONICLE is if they´ve never heard about it before. And what is there to say against that? :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Geez, guys, is it really necessary for a Blog Leader and a Reference Master to publicly argue in a topic? :mellow: If you want to continue tearing each other into pieces, carry this over to a personal conversation, okay? And anyway, DV, I recommend you react a bit more calm.

There is nothing wrong with staff members publicly disagreeing, and when one is spreading misinformation, it is necessary to correct them. Also, I am plenty calm, thank you very much Gata. Italics and capitlization are tools of rhetoric, not signs of emotional argumentation.

Italics and capitlization are tools of rhetoric, not signs of emotional argumentation.

I believe you, but it certainly seems like you're arguing, since capitalization in text is usually called the Internet equivalent of shouting. I don't think that your post would have been misconstrued for what it is not had the capitalization and italicization of the post not been there.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Geez, guys, is it really necessary for a Blog Leader and a Reference Master to publicly argue in a topic? :mellow: If you want to continue tearing each other into pieces, carry this over to a personal conversation, okay? And anyway, DV, I recommend you react a bit more calm.

There is nothing wrong with staff members publicly disagreeing, and when one is spreading misinformation, it is necessary to correct them. Also, I am plenty calm, thank you very much Gata. Italics and capitlization are tools of rhetoric, not signs of emotional argumentation.
Not to get involved in any argument or whatever, but when you say that someone is frustrating you in a previous post, it kind of implies that, well, you know, you're feeling frustrated. Which is a sign of emotional distress. I also want to put out that I disagree with your previous statements against Bonesii.He hasn't spread any sort of misinformation at all, rather he just stated that the earlier discussion has been discussed and concluded before- and it has, and it doesn't really need to be brought up again here.Only reason I'm speaking up is to put in an average member's two cents in a staff conflict.Now, back on topic, I'd prefer BZP's name to stay the way it is currently, just for three reasons.1. HFZP doesn't sound as tasteful. :P2. It sort of labels our community. We've been known as BZP and always should be.3. BIONICLE is still discussed as a primary subject.-V- Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Italics and capitlization are tools of rhetoric, not signs of emotional argumentation.

I believe you, but it certainly seems like you're arguing, since capitalization in text is usually called the Internet equivalent of shouting. I don't think that your post would have been misconstrued for what it is not had the capitalization and italicization of the post not been there.
Capitlization has always had a strong history of being used for emphasis. It's only shouting if it's every word or a whole sentence. :/

I also want to put out that I disagree with your previous statements against Bonesii.He hasn't spread any sort of misinformation at all, rather he just stated that the earlier discussion has been discussed and concluded before- and it has, and it doesn't really need to be brought up again here.

No, he stated that BIONICLE is likely to come back based on a flawed premise and claimed that TLG has stated only that the concept is not new anymore so that's why they shelved it, and he has stated that TLG has said nothing else on the matter. This is false. TLG has said repeatedly, in official capacity, that the line is DEAD (their word), that it is not coming back, and that they would prefer to pursue other avenues.Saying it is likely to come back is foolish and misleading. If the community here is going to move on it has to realize that BIONICLE is over, and that it only exists in how the fans interact with it. Continually posting things like "but what if the management changes?" only serve to rile people up and give them false hope, and that in turn leads to the kind of posts where people say "how dare BZP abandon BIONICLE, it's like no one wants to bring it back" or people complaining when we review new sets because "This is a BIONICLE site". We recognize our heritage, but we have expanded because we would like to continue to serve the community and engage in the hobby. We know we started as a BIONICLE site, and that even know, it remains our most popular topic. But it's not coming back, which is why people are having these kind of "should we stay as BZP?" topics.And the conversation being had before does not make it an invalid topic of discussion, especially when someone is attempting to use their authority to end a conversation with their word as the last word, and when their word is spreading misinformation, that is not appropriate.

The name can simply be "BZPower," with no mention of where it came from but with the understanding of its origins still present in those who come here. We don't need to be explicitely some sort of "____ Zone Power" when the simple BZPower works perfectly fine. It's worked for others before. For example, the WWE - we know it stands for World Wrestling FederationEntertainment, but the organization now insists on refering to itself as simply WWE. The same can and should be true for us.DV, you are doing yoursef a disservice by behaving in the same way as the people you have been berating. Yes, you're on the opposite side of the argument, but you're doing no better anymore. Yes, people who keep insisting BIONICLE will come back probably aren't seeing things realistically and that gets annoying. But so do the people like you who attack them for any semblence of a disagreement with you. Hope does not need to be based on fact and you should let people live with that. If you want this being a tolerant site, for example, you should try to actually tolerate all ideas.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Of course there is nothing wrong with publicly disagreeing (even for staff members, I mean, it´s not like we all have the same opinions), but the way you did it certainly seemed like an argument and two high-level staff members definitely shouldn´t start a public fight. I believe you that you are calm, but your excessive use of both italics and capitalization creates the opposite impression. Please don´t take any offense to that, it´s just the way it seems. And what good is being calm if you don´t appear so?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

DeeVee I get what your trying to say, but there are so many factors in the real world to put things in black and white. By saying Bionicle is dead and knocking people in the head with it is pointless, we all know it.What I think Aanchor is saying is that Bionicle had hit a dead point where interest was gone, sales where average, and the only thing LEGO could see in the future was the same or worse in earnings. If the problem had just been sales, then they probably would have dropped action figures all together, but the head of the problem comes from the story, so that must be cut off. Maybe they could have saved it, but making new simpler theme is much cheaper, LEGO gets the benefit of less names, less plot and an idea that a kid could jump in to.At Lego we have actually already seen an example of something being dropped, not because of sales, but because of production problems and outside influences. The Recon Team was the best selling thing on the LEGO website, but it's being taken down because of the production cost of making Design by Me sets....and DeeVee, may I say in a society that continues to become more and more Geek-friendly there is no reason why in the future, whenever that may be, some LEGO exec will say "Do you remember Bionicle, that really represented LEGO's ideals well, and bringing it back could pull in a larger age range. Plus, with George Lucas dead we need something to fill the Star Wars void"!That last part won't happen, but you get my drift.Might as well stay BZP in case a BIONICLE restart does or doesn't happen...

Edited by the last chronicler

...and DeeVee, may I say in a society that continues to become more and more Geek-friendly there is no reason why in the future, whenever that may be, some LEGO exec will say "Do you remember Bionicle, that really represented LEGO's ideals well, and bringing it back could pull in a larger age range. Plus, with George Lucas dead we need something to fill the Star Wars void"!That last part won't happen, but you get my drift.

Do you mean that LEGO won't bring the theme back, or that George Lucas won't die? :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

...and DeeVee, may I say in a society that continues to become more and more Geek-friendly there is no reason why in the future, whenever that may be, some LEGO exec will say "Do you remember Bionicle, that really represented LEGO's ideals well, and bringing it back could pull in a larger age range. Plus, with George Lucas dead we need something to fill the Star Wars void"!That last part won't happen, but you get my drift.

Do you mean that LEGO won't bring the theme back, or that George Lucas won't die? :P
I mean that Star Wars won't end, no matter how dead George Lucas is.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I don't think Hero Factory is likely to stick around for long enough to do that.So voted for BZP... for now. :P A name change is probably in order but probably not to HF specifically. Or like I've said before, we could stick with "BZP" as Buildable-figure (or buildfig...) zone power, including Bionicle, HF, and anything else like it that comes up in the future. :)Or just Build Zone Power, encompassing all of LEGO. :)

Build Zone Power? Sounds great ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 3 weeks later...