Legoland Netherlands

As part of their ever-expanding quest to put a Lego theme park in every country in the world, Merlin Entertainments Group has begun to draw up plans to put one of the brick-themed attractions in the Netherlands! While nothing is set in stone just yet, they seem to have done their research about their target audience and are scouting out possible sites for the future amusement park. Potential locations, dependent on being central, easily located and accessible by public transport, are Flevoland, Utrecht, and Randstad.

View the full article

Utrecht reminds me of The Broken Jug by Heinrich von Kleist. :P Great to see LEGO wants to expand beyond the usual locations for LEGO establishments (US, Canada, UK, Germany and Denmark). :)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Utrecht reminds me of The Broken Jug by Heinrich von Kleist. :P Great to see LEGO wants to expand beyond the usual locations for LEGO establishments (US, Canada, UK, Germany and Denmark). :)~Gata. ;)

Well LEGO does hold their official "LEGO World" convention in the Netherlands as well as Denmark, so I assume the LEGO brand must have a strong presence there. Meanwhile, we already knew TLG (or rather, Merlin Entertainments Group, which owns the LEGOLAND parks) was going to be moving beyond those countries since there is a LEGOLAND planned to open in Malaysia this year, and others planned for other Asian locations in the coming decade.

Well LEGO does hold their official "LEGO World" convention in the Netherlands as well as Denmark, so I assume the LEGO brand must have a strong presence there. Meanwhile, we already knew TLG (or rather, Merlin Entertainments Group, which owns the LEGOLAND parks) was going to be moving beyond those countries since there is a LEGOLAND planned to open in Malaysia this year, and others planned for other Asian locations in the coming decade.
Yeah, Lego is pretty big in the Netherlands! There is no Person I know here that has never bought 1 lego set, Even just a few persons I know have never collected a series of lego.

esDbByv.jpg

It is great to see LEGO expanding to the Netherlands besides the regular countries they expand in. As Aanchir mentioned a Malaysian LEGOLAND, that would be a productive market. Seeing as there is a motorsports race there (Formula One specifically), they could open up near that area to catch tourists and some of the people heading to that grand prix, and the kids that go to that race with their parents would love to head to LEGOLAND if it's not too far from the race track. Would be a wise move if they opened a LEGOLAND near there, I don't know if they thought of that, though. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...