Blog Issue

Cederak

I decided to clear out the older entries in my blog, and changed the name and description of my blog as well. To do the second part, I was asked for the blog's URL, which I copied and pasted. After that, I decided I just wanted to delete my blog and start over if/when I decide to get Premier Membership again. When I tried to delete it though, I could no longer access my blog or the delete function. If there's any way I can have my blog deleted so I can start over later, please let me know.-Ced

You could probably ask a blog leader/assistant to have it deleted for you. I'm not sure if there would be any other way to delete it, unless you get your premier membership now so you could restart your blog, but as you said, you're not sure if you want it again. It'd be better to just get a blog leader or assistant to delete it for you if they can, probably. :)

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

First off, blog-related questions belong in Blog Q&A.Secondly, where exactly did you go to change your blog's name/description that it would ask for a url? I've never had to do that and it sounds more than just a bit unusual. I can't even access your blog anymore. Also, as far as I'm aware, there is no delete function, so I haven't the slightest what you're talking about in that regard.Finally, if memory serves, there is no magic "nuke the blog" button. If you really want to "start over" you'll have to delete all the entries/content blocks/etc. manually.

«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

First off, blog-related questions belong in Blog Q&A.Secondly, where exactly did you go to change your blog's name/description that it would ask for a url? I've never had to do that and it sounds more than just a bit unusual. I can't even access your blog anymore. Also, as far as I'm aware, there is no delete function, so I haven't the slightest what you're talking about in that regard.Finally, if memory serves, there is no magic "nuke the blog" button. If you really want to "start over" you'll have to delete all the entries/content blocks/etc. manually.

«Takuma Nuva»

I went to Manage Blogs and clicked Blog Options and was asked for the URL to make changes. And yeah, all access to my blog is now gone. I deleted all the entries and stuff manually though, I'd just like to have access to it again.-Ced

It seems that your blog is now listed as an externally linked blog. The URL for which it prompted you is now set to redirect anyone who clicks on your blog to it. Since the URL you entered is the very URL of your blog on BZPower, one would think the redirect would work, but it doesn't. I believe that this same thing happened to Ta-metru_defender (among others) and was only able to fix it once he became Premier again. Not much is known on the subject; why it happens is poorly understood. Here's a quote from Bfahome that has a guess:

Ah, that's different. Some shenanigans with the software where your blog gets turned into a redirect. Seemed to happen if non-premiers tried to change their blog's title or something (I'm not 100% clear on this).I assume it prompts you for a url.

As for fixing it, it seems that the only cure is to become Premier once more. Otherwise, I am not sure what can be done. Edited by -Windrider-

Yeah, and it would be a bit of a hassle to ask for a momentary premier activation (I presume making a member "premier" is a flick of the switch) to repair a blog that I cannot really use right now anyway. And seeing as I individually deleted the entire backlog of posts in my blog anyway, there's really nothing to see there right now. I suppose I'll wait until the aforementioned if/when time I become a Premier Member and see if I gain full access again. Thanks.-Ced