So, I've suddenly become curious about the Toa Kaita, and have come up with a couple of questions:In some media, such as sets and comics, Wairuha and Akamai had green and red masks. In other media, however, they had silver and gold masks. Which is canon?If the gold and silver masks are canon, will all other Toa Kaita also have gold, silver, and other metallic masks?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Nope. Don't forget the Kaita Nuva, of which did not have gold/silver masks. Wairuha Nuva was formed once, and he did not have a silver mask, but a green one.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

The gold and silver colored Aki and Rua are canon. The others were most likely based off of the combiners themselves.It is unknown what color other Kaita masks would be, as there are no images of any other than Akakmai and Wairuha.Edit: @Eljay: I don't think it's been confirmed that that coloration was canon. There are a number of instances where the colorer of the comics made mistakes.

Edited by Paleo

So, I've suddenly become curious about the Toa Kaita, and have come up with a couple of questions:In some media, such as sets and comics, Wairuha and Akamai had green and red masks. In other media, however, they had silver and gold masks. Which is canon?If the gold and silver masks are canon, will all other Toa Kaita also have gold, silver, and other metallic masks?

Well this is a hard question since the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva have only done it I would suggest looking at BS01 for more information.

Well this is a hard question since the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva have only done it I would suggest looking at BS01 for more information.

I did. That's what spawned the questions, because it didn't say anything about this.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The gold and silver colored Aki and Rua are canon. The others were most likely based off of he combiners themselves.It is unknown what color other Kaita masks would be, as there are no images of any other than Akakmai and Wairuha.Edit: @Eljay: I don't think it's been confirmed that that coloration was canon. There are a number of instances where the colorer of the comics made mistakes.

They were never at any other point shown in the story - at least, not to the point we knew the mask color - other than the comics. I understand he was in the book, but it never said anything about a "silver mask" on Wairuha. Honestly, I think it's safe to say his mask was green, and as such the other Kaita's would also have normal mask colors. Also keep in mind that the Toa Mata Kaita's mask were metallic due to the fact they wore Golden Kanohi.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

I don't recall this question being asked back when Greg was active, but BS01 probably put gold and silver as their colors for a good reason. :P Green and such in the set form is probably simply because they're combiners, so that's all that was available. And comics usually just showed the sets.The metallic colors also feel more "neutral" so better represent combiners IMO than picking one color from the trio for each.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Gold and silver masks are canon, whilst the Green and Red masks were simply for the combiner, as no Toa set had a Gold Aki or a Silver Rua. We wouldn't know about other masks, as other Kaita hadn't been formed in the storyline, save for the Toa Kaita Nuva, of which set-wise had Green and Red masks.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

As TBOC said, the gold and silver masks were canon. Unless the sets needed to build both combiners supplied a mask for the combiner, the green and red are just a filler.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

BTW, does anyone remember if gold and silver masks were available in the mask packs? If so the colored versions were probably just meant as set standins until fans find the silver and gold in packs.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

BTW, does anyone remember if gold and silver masks were available in the mask packs? If so the colored versions were probably just meant as set standins until fans find the silver and gold in packs.

The original krana packs had them. Most had one gold, one silver (some I've seen had 2 gold) and 3 random Krana.

The original krana packs had them. Most had one gold, one silver (some I've seen had 2 gold) and 3 random Krana.
Yeah, that's correct (though the one I had had one silver and no gold :( )I'm pretty sure the only reason the Kaita had red and green masks in the comics was because the illustrators used the actual combiners, which only had the red Hau and green Miru. The gold and silver masks weren't thought of yet, I think.

Yeah, that's correct (though the one I had had one silver and no gold :( )I'm pretty sure the only reason the Kaita had red and green masks in the comics was because the illustrators used the actual combiners, which only had the red Hau and green Miru. The gold and silver masks weren't thought of yet, I think.
Well, they had been thought of, just not released. Gold and Silver versions of the Original six Kanohi masks were released in 2002 through Krana packs in pairs of two masks. Also, a Chrome variant of the Rua was available in the PowerPack, in the shape of a Hau.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!