The Extent Of Elemental Powers

Alright, I've always wondered: How far does a Toa's elemental power go? For an example, a toa of magnetism controls electromagnetism. Does this mean a toa of lightning can theoretically control magnetism, or a toa of magnetism lightning?-BaneEdit: Sorry about the topic spelling. I'm facepalming right now

Edited by Rocka's Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

A Toa's power is limited to the classic view of the element. Using your example, a Toa of Magnetism would only be able to control the electromagnetic attraction between two metals. The same goes for a Toa of Lightning. They would just control electrical shocks and bolts of electricity. Other members have brought this up and come up with weird connections between elements, but the answer has always been that they are limited to what you immediately think of as, for example, "Fire".Edit: @Makuta_of_Oz: It's been confirmed that Stone does not control Sand, but I'm unaware of any mention of whether Earth controls it.

Edited by Paleo

A Toa's power is limited to the classic view of the element. Using your example, a Toa of Magnetism would only be able to control the electromagnetic attraction between two metals. The same goes for a Toa of Lightning. They would just control electrical shocks and bolts of electricity. Other members have brought this up and come up with weird connections between elements, but the answer has always been that they are limited to what you immediately think of as, for example, "Fire".Edit: @Makuta_of_Oz: It's been confirmed that Stone does not control Sand, but I'm unaware of any mention of whether Earth controls it.

Thanks for the answer, Paleo. And it's confirmed neither Stone nor Earth controls Sand, but rather the Bara Magna element Sand does. :) And this stuff is all basically covered in other topics which are still active right now, so this is rather dupey.Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)