War For Bzpower 2

Jinkmeister

Here it is! The sequel! Enjoy, everyone! As always, names weren't changed. Probably will be updated in War for BZPower 3, though.

WAR FOR BZPOWER II

It had been over two years since the incident. Much had happened in the time since. Several months after the battle for BZPower, Black Six had stepped down as administrator, passing the duty to Hahli Husky, so that he could spend the rest of his days on BZPower as another one of the many laid-back members.Avohkah Tamer was still having trouble getting over the deaths of his friends, and the betrayal of Turakii. Quantum-Phasically Charged Traku, Turakii's brother, and Macku: Toa of Bubbles, their mother, felt the same. No one had seen it coming, and all wondered how she had succumbed to such evil.The memorial topic had long since been lost in the depths of the Reference Desk, and very few members remembered what had happened....- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Hahli Husky wandered around the forums, making sure everything was running smoothly. Some spam here, some leet, nothing extreme. Everything was as it should be. Everything was as boring as usual. She sighed.For the past several weeks, she had realized how dull it could be to be an admin. Few members approached her, and tended to treat her as God himself, bowing down at her very approach, waiting on her hand and foot. It got very old very quickly.She turned and began walking back toward the Reference Desk, when her Assistant buzzed. It was a PM from Black Six. She opened it and read, her eyes widening with every line. Immediately she began running toward his blog.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“I got here as fast as I could,” Hahli Husky gasped out. Sitting around a gleaming silver table in the center of the blog were Avohkah Tamer, Traku, Macku: Toa of Bubbles, and another member that Hahli didn't recognize, with Black Six standing at the head of table.“Glad you could make it,” Black Six said, and he indicated the remaining chair, across from him. Hahli Husky quickly slid into it.“As the PM said, I may have found the cause of Turakii's treachery.” He looked around at everyone, who were listening intently. “Somehow, Hapori Dume took control of her mind. I believe it was through a virus that found its way into her computer when she went on the website she found Dume on.” No one looked surprised.“Well, obviously, we all figured that,” Avohkah Tamer said.“If this is all, I have much better stuff to be doi-” Traku said as he started to get up. As he was doing so, the unknown member cleared his throat.“This is Canhau. He's the one that figured it out,” Black Six said, indicating the member, who gave a small wave with his hand.“Thanks, Six,” he said in a deep, slightly gravely voice, “I did some research, and I found out what might be the possible answer...The Proditor virus. In a nutshell, it hacks the user’s computer and takes control of them. What makes this virus interesting, though, is that it's completely undetectable. When it's time to activate, the virus kills the host's mind, and takes its place.” Everyone's eyes grew wider the more he said. When he was done with his horrific description, Black Six spoke again.“This knowledge doesn't bring her back, but at least we know it wasn't of her own free will...” No one else spoke, and only a couple dared to breathe. Finally, Macku collapsed into her chair, relieved that her daughter was not a traitor, as all had believed. Right then, Hahli Husky's assistant beeped. This seemed to break the ice, and everyone relaxed.“Is that it?” Traku asked.“Yeah...” Black Six said, his face already buried in his assistant.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -A series of incredibly fast clicks and buzzes resounded in the depths of General Discussion. The source was two figures, conversing in an unknown language, unheard by the members.“Time yet be near?” The first said in their language.“Near be it soon. Awaken Dume must we, correct?”“Yes, he pleased with us will be.”“Then prepare we must.”“Yes...” The figures turned, and walked toward Artwork III.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Macku: Toa of Bubbles wandered around Artwork III. There had been reports of spam and leet posts, but they had all disappeared when she got there. She was just about to leave when she noticed light reflecting off of something. She slowly went to investigate, but by the time she arrived, there was nothing...except a gleaming pool of blood on the floor. She gasped, and slowly looked up. A scream escaped her lips, and she ran.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“I-It's SPIRIT...” Hahli Husky said softly, looking at the disembodied head swinging from a hook as Black Six gingerly plucked it down.“Who could have done this!?” Traku demanded. Avohkah Tamer stood next to him, and Macku: Toa of Bubbles stood slightly behind, still a little green. Canhau stood next to Black Six, analyzing the head.“It looks like it was chopped off in one swipe,” he said. SPIRIT's body was nowhere to be found.“You don't think he's returning, do you?” Black Six said, obviously getting worried.“There's no way. You put the most powerful firewalls in existence around his remains,” Canhau reminded him. Black Six sighed.“Then we have to assume a hacker... Hahli Husky, how soon do you think we can shut down the forum?”“Don't you think we'd be better off training them to fi-” she started.“Look, I ran this website for almost four years. I know what's best for it,” Black Six interrupted. The two stared each other down. Canhau forced himself in between them.“Look guys, this isn't going to help the site,” he said. The two stared at each other for a bit longer before Hahli Husky turned and walked off.“Alright then, our group will stay to see what happens. I'll let you know when we're ready to start,” Black Six said as he turned in the opposite direction of Hahli Husky.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“Look, are you sure this is the right thing to do? It may be the smart choice, but the right one?” Two men stood in a room, their features indistinguishable. A weak light filtered through the blinds behind a desk. On the right wall was a tall bookshelf, and the other was wall-to-wall with portraits.“I'm doing what I have to do. We've made too many mistakes... our records look like a game of rock-paper-scissors between The Thing and Edward Scissorhands.” The other man chuckled.“But in all seriousness, I'm certain there's a better way then this.”“You think I haven't thought of everything? Tried every option, opened every door?” He was obviously getting frustrated as he began pacing around the room“Truthfully, no, I know how thorough you usually are,” the second man said as he leaned against the desk. The first man remained silent. “Look, what happened back then-”“It doesn't matter. The past is the past. Start gathering the materials.”“Whatever you say, boss,” both men stood up, and left.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“How's the evacuation going?” Black Six asked Hahli Husky. Both stood in an observation room, looking over the whole of BZPower, Black Six leaning back in his chair while Hahli Husky looked out a window overlooking most of the Libraries, obviously still unhappy at Black Six ordering her around.“Well, personally, I think they're taking it well. A couple were a bit stubborn and refused to leave their topics, but it's amazing how far a threat to reduce their proto goes.” Black Six chuckled. At that moment, Canhau stepped through the door.“We've got trouble.”- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“Wait, run that by me again,” Black Six said, confused.“Vahki were spotted in General Discussion,”“You can't be serious. Do you think they escaped from Bionicle Sets?” Hahli Husky asked, not wanting to believe what she was hearing.“I highly doubt it. After the Hapori Dume attack, all the Vahki were destroyed,” Black Six said, trying to fit the square pieces in the circular holes.“You both know what this must mean, then,” Canhau said cryptically.“There's no way. I killed him myself...” Black Six said.“Unless someone remade his account.”“But only admins have that power...” Hahli Husky said.“Wait. Both of you, come to my blog...” Black Six said. Hahli Husky and Canhau shared a look, and followed.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“What is this?” Hahli Husky asked in wonder as the trio stood beneath a massive machine covered in lights and buttons. Black Six walked up, and pressed a small green button next to what looked like a door. As he stepped back, several noises were heard, lights blinked, and the door swung open. Then there was silence.“This... this is the latest in virus detection hardware... Excalibur...” Black Six said, obviously proud.“So... what are we supposed to do?” Hahli Husky asked.“Simple... Just walk in here...” Black Six said, indicating the room. Hahli Husky walked in, and as she was looking around, he pressed the green button again. The door shut, and the room instantly turned pitch black.“What... what's going on?” Hahli Husky asked, as she began to frantically look around the room.“Settle down. This'll just take a minute.” Black Six's voice came from a hidden speaker. Hahli Husky slowly settled back down. As soon as she stopped moving, several blue lines of lights came on to form a grid. The grid went over her, and there was a flash. Several whirrs and dings were heard, the grid rotated behind her, and spun around a in a full circle. Then it flashed again, and all the lights went out. After a moment, there was a click, and the door opened.“So wait, what was that about...” Hahli Husky asked. Then she noticed her two companion's faces. Both were horrified as they look at the paper Black Six held. Frowning, Hahli Husky walked over and looked over their shoulders. The paper was covered in numbers and equations, and on the bottom: Existence of Proditor Virus: CONFIRMED- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“I-Is there any way to get rid of it?” Hahli Husky asked after they had left the room. Canhau was surprised how she had taken it. He had expected her to freak out or something of the like, but instead she set her jaw and took it rather well. Was it possible the virus had taken over already? He glanced over at Black Six, and knew he was thinking the same thing.“To my knowledge, no. At least... not in this universe...” Canhau said casually. Black Six gave him a warning look, but Hahli Husky didn't seem to notice his comment.“So what should I do?” Hahli Husky asked. Black Six stole another look at Canhau before he answered.“I guess all we can do is... is wait...” he said, sounding somewhat unsure.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“His body yet been recovered?”“Believe it is transporting I think”“Technology yet prepped?”“Yes, scientists be prepared for procedure.”“Excellent.” The two Vahki began walking toward Completely Off Topic, their jaws clacking in their strange, incredibly fast language.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“Did you gather the parts yet?” the first man asked.“Yeah, they're pretty much set up. I've got a couple guys putting the finishing touches on it now,” the second one said.“Good, we may need to fire it up sooner then I thought...”“Really? I figured we were just waiting until we were bored one afternoon.”“Funny. Look, the scientists figured out everything in question, and this thing may not run for more then a day total. The power source is ve-”“I know the math. They still haven't found the most stable materials to run it, and it'll basically shake itself apart.”“Yeah. But I can't help but be plagued by what we're going to be doing...”“I know. Someone's gonna have a real damper put on their day.”“An entire universe, actually.”“Have they figured what will happen if we remove someone from an alternate universe?”“There are theories. None are good.”“I should have guessed...”“Get me when they're finished.”“Will do sir,” With that, the two men walked out of the room.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“The evacuation just finished,” Hahli Husky said to Black Six, who had just returned from updating a topic in the Reference Desk.“Good. Are the rest of the moderators locking the gates behind them?”“Yeah, just like you ordered, sir” Hahli Husky said, her words dripping with annoyance.“Don't take up a tone with me. I ran this site for nearly four years, I know what's best for it!”“Do you really? It's been two years since you passed on your duty...you have no idea how much this website has changed!” Black Six suddenly dropped his fierce look and glanced at the floor.“You're right. It's changed more then I want to admit,” Hahli Husky just stood there in shock. Black Six had never been one to drop an argument so quickly.“What do you mean?” she asked.“It's probably best it stayed a secre-” He was cut off as Canhau burst into the room.“We've got a situation.”- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -“Are the gates secure?” Black Six asked as Traku and Macku: Toa of Bubbles ran into the room.“On both levels. It'll take them a while to breach them.” Macku said as she looked around the room. In it either stood or sat Tahu01, Traku, Black Six, Hahli Husky, Avohkah Tamer, Takuma Nuva, and Canhau.“Where did all these Vahki come from!?” Traku asked.“Hapori Dume,” Black Six said. Most everyone's eyes grew wide.“But I thought you killed him!” Tahu01 said.“So did I...” Black Six replied.“Do we have any proof of this?” Takuma asked. As if on cue, a massive explosion was heard.“Need more proof?” Black Six asked, smirking.“It was just an explosion, it could be anything,” Avohkah Tamer said. Again, as if on cue, a booming voice resonated through the whole of BZPower.“This...is Hapori Dume,” Nearly everyone in the observation room gasped. Black Six simply stood, facing straight, his face slowly paling.“I demand only two things: The surrender of BZPower; and the head of Black Six.” Everyone's eyes fixed on the former administrator.“Wh-what should we do?” Hahli Husky asked, obviously shaken. Another explosion sounded, this one much closer.“Well, we could either surrender...or we could run,” Black Six said. Once again, everyone stared at him.“Are you insane!? This is BZPOWER we're talking about here!” Traku shouted.“I said we would run. I never said we were abandoning BZPower.” At that, a small smile crept to Traku's face. “Right outside this door,” Black Six continued, “There is a huge open area, as you all know. Across it is a safer room, where we can find the answer to this plight. Now, It's safe to assume that Dume's Vahki have filled it up, and are waiting for us to respond. Of course, as you probably already figured, we have other ideas.”“Canhau, Takuma, and Tahu01, you'll be our point men,” Black Six said as he turned and opened up a secret door in the wall. Inside was a small armory filled with guns and blades of all sorts. Everyone quickly began piling into the room.“Pick anything?” Traku asked as he eyed a large shotgun.“Yes. Except for this,” Black Six replied as he pulled the Banhammer from a pedestal set in the wall. Quickly, everyone grabbed their weapons of choice. Tahu01 and Canhau, UMP45 sub-machine guns, Takuma two M9 pistols, Hahli Husky a pair of daggers, Traku the large 8-gauge shotgun, Avohkah Tamer a Barrett 50 caliber sniper rifle, and Macku: Toa of Bubbles a large katana.“Hahli Husky, Macku, and I will handle the back, picking off any stragglers. Avohkah Tamer, stay further back and try to lighten the load a bit, but keep these on hand,” Black Six explained as he handed Avohkah Tamer several Claymore proximity mines.“And me?” Traku asked, hefting his shotgun.“You're in the middle, picking off anyone Takuma, Tahu01, or Canhau miss. Don't slow down for anything. If you miss, don't bother with it, let someone else pick it off,” Black Six said as everyone loaded their weapons and pockets with ammo. One by one, everyone stood up.“Alright. Let's roll,” Black Six said as he slapped a remote explosive on the door. He held up his thumb and first two fingers, and started putting them down one by one. The last finger, his thumb, fell on the remote. With a massive explosion, the door flew from it's frame, smashing the Vahki just outside it. With that, the team jumped out, guns blazing.To be concluded...- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Thanks for reading everyone! As always, reviews are appreciated!

Edited by Jinklemeister

I'm willing to be in the next one, so long as I survive. :P Although, I probably won't survive...meh.I must say, I liked this, but I thought the first was a bit better. One thing you really didn't go into too much was the way most of them are feeling about things-you kind of just rushed this along. But meh, some people like it more that way. *shrugs*

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Could I be in the next?As Kal Grochi said, it seemed a bit rushed, and I would prefer that the characters use Bionicle Weapons, rather than real-world guns with extremely specific classifications :PWhere'd you get "Let's Roll" from? It's a pretty famous line.

Could I be in the next?As Kal Grochi said, it seemed a bit rushed, and I would prefer that the characters use Bionicle Weapons, rather than real-world guns with extremely specific classifications :PWhere'd you get "Let's Roll" from? It's a pretty famous line.

Certainly!And you should have seen the original. This a couple hundred words longer. War for BZPower 3 will make up for it, I assure you. So far I have 4000 words, and I'm just about half done!From the guy on Flight 93, on 9/11. His wife heard him say "Let's Roll" before he up the phone to go storm the cockpit.

Wow, nice! I like the almost alternate reality of being inside a website...or at least that's how it feels to me. I do agree with everyone else though, Bionicle weapons would be an improvement.

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

Hapori Dume doesn't give up. Black Six is going to need to slam his head with a moon or something to kill him. :P Anyway, great story, the quality of writing from the last one carried over, and the characters were interesting. Also, the bionicle / real-world weapons thingie is no biggie to me.

pNNgXax.jpg

Wow, nice! I like the almost alternate reality of being inside a website...or at least that's how it feels to me. I do agree with everyone else though, Bionicle weapons would be an improvement.

Yeah, it's quite an interesting thing to write. And I am including Bionicle weapons in WfBZP3, don't worry!

Hapori Dume doesn't give up. Black Six is going to need to slam his head with a moon or something to kill him. :PAnyway, great story, the quality of writing from the last one carried over, and the characters were interesting. Also, the bionicle / real-world weapons thingie is no biggie to me.

Nope, evil's like that! Don't worry, Hapori Dume won't give up either ;)

Yeah, it's quite an interesting thing to write. And I am including Bionicle weapons in WfBZP3, don't worry!
I want a Claymore-like weapon to channel my powers of plasma. And I want to be green. :PAnd I have a Kualsi.Anything else is up to you.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Kal, thing is, pretty much everyone who joins after this point kinda salvages weapons. I'll see what I can do, but no guarantees. And no one has masks.Sorry to say that I ended up stopping after these guys joined, I have almost too many characters, so I'm offing certain characters left and right.Check my blog tomorrow night, I'll have a sneak peek of War for BZPower 3 on there by then.

Edited by Jinklemeister

These are awesome. The fight in the last one seemed a bit rushed and mostly luck, but I can't comment on that yet here since there haven't been real fights yet in this episode. I like the way the characters are all different, and yet same in some ways, like being in denial about Hapori Dume.

Pk57sNJ.jpg