BOGA - The BIONICLE Online Games Archive

Gatanui

1684716.gifTime to say goodbye...Precisely and coincidentally today, on September 28th 2012, it's been three years ago that work started on this project. Rarely have I ever been as dedicated and proud about a project as this one. I can still remember my enthusiasm which endured for a lot of time and was re-ignited a few months ago, when I decided to build an entirely new BOGA website. I started building a truly professional and entirely self-written website for the first time, gaining more knowledge about programming and designing websites than ever before. I used to spend hours every day working on the website and if I was already proud of the website before, I was going to be even more proud of the new one. I had lots of great things in mind for it and couldn't wait to implement them.But the times change and must change. When I started working on the website, I was 14 years old, I was in school, and BIONICLE was still running, albeit about to end. Now, three days later, I have graduated, BIONICLE is long over, and I'm going to start college in two weeks. I had reached a point in building the new website which had become tedious several weeks ago, so I decided to take a break as I had found I had lost motivation. I thought it would come back, but unfortunately it has not. In addition to that, I have had to take several important decisions for the future and to establish priorities. I'm very sorry to realize that if already in the past months it had become increasingly difficult to keep the website up-to-date and to answer to all help requests in time, it would become entirely impossible once I would be busy with college. I have always managed this website entirely on my own, but unfortunately, that stopped working months ago. It's become time for me to say goodbye to some old things and say hello to new ones.The imminent cancellation of the hosting services kindly offered by DJ Reidak's Studios have supported my decision to shut down the BOGA website and services indefinitely. Much work and time has been spent on the new website, and chances are the BOGA may return in another shape and form sometime in the future, but not anytime soon.I would like to thank everyone who downloaded from this website and supported it through its run. You are the reason this website existed, and I thank you for your support and for the opportunity. I would like to thank everybody who contributed to creating offline versions of the many great games that for most of us represent our childhood. A special thanks to DJ Reidak's Studios and BIONIFIGS who kindly translated the website to French as part of a project to translate the website to a number of languages. Due to time issues, their translation was never published, and I would like to apologize for that.The games can still be downloaded from the site until the hosting services are shut down. After that, though, they won't be re-uploaded within this project.Thank you everyone for a fantastic three-year run. Sincerely,GatanuiBOGAproject.weebly.comorBIONICLEOnlineGamesArchive.weebly.comOld version of the topic(NOTE: Logging in on the old forums will log you out of these forums in the process)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Ah, good to see this is back!are you going to update the website anytime soon?

Currently, we are planning to release the BOGA in a multitude of languages the BIONICLE games were released in. However, we are currently very busy with stuff in real life (related to school, mostly), so it is unfortunately not going to happen before 2012, most likely. :(~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

oh, well, is there any way that you would be able to have people send in texture packs for the games, THAT would be cool!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

oh, well, is there any way that you would be able to have people send in texture packs for the games, THAT would be cool!

I am not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean text translations for the games? :unsure:~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

no, like different, custom graphics, like in minecraft and terraria.

Oh, I see. Sorry, but that is not going to happen. It´s next to impossible for all games (except for Matoran Escape and Inika Island Assault) anyway.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Oh, I see. Sorry, but that is not going to happen. It´s next to impossible for all games (except for Matoran Escape and Inika Island Assault) anyway. ~Gata. ;)
Not impossible with some of the games, but probably too much effort to implement into something that is already extremely cool.Except for the flash-games. For those you'd need to have the original project files, then load all those graphics into it, maybe even rewrite some code...

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Like I said in the old topic, this is one of the most productive uses of appropriate technology I've ever seen. Great idea to bring all the games that we've grown to love over the years forth to the public. Keep it up! :) -SK

Thank you very much for your support! :)

But what of Tronec.org? that website provide games (in english). why not simply improve on what they have

Tronec.org is definitely a great site and project. It is just that I focus entirely on games and can that way offer a more thorough support if somebody is having problems with a game. ;) Tronec is rather a library of all BIONICLE (and LEGO) related media, my site is sort of an all-round game download and support site. Also, it´s always better if two websites offer certain content than if just one does, so if one drops out for some raason (hopefully not to happen ;)) there is still the other.

Oh, I see. Sorry, but that is not going to happen. It´s next to impossible for all games (except for Matoran Escape and Inika Island Assault) anyway. ~Gata. ;)
Not impossible with some of the games, but probably too much effort to implement into something that is already extremely cool.Except for the flash-games. For those you'd need to have the original project files, then load all those graphics into it, maybe even rewrite some code...
Just curious, which games could it work with? Besides the Flash games, there are only Shockwave and Unity3D games, and as far as I know, DCR Shockwave files are impossible to decompile, and so are Unity3d files (at least I have not found a way to decompile them, even though I wish there were :P).Also, great to see you stop by in my topic, VF! :)~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Just curious, which games could it work with? Besides the Flash games, there are only Shockwave and Unity3D games, and as far as I know, DCR Shockwave files are impossible to decompile, and so are Unity3d files (at least I have not found a way to decompile them, even though I wish there were :P). Also, great to see you stop by in my topic, VF! :) ~Gata. ;)
Anything can be reverse engineered. I've actually scratched the surface of both the Shockwave and Unity3D file formats. They are both extractable compressed archive formats and most of the resources in Unity3D files can be decompiled (especially the .NET DLL's). But even Flash decompilers don't always work very well at recreating project files. You would be better off making your own game or recreating them from scratch.

Are signatures still a thing?

Cool site. I downloaded a few games from it. I'm going to install them sometime soon. There were a couple games that I never remembered though, so it was sort of interesting.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Just curious, which games could it work with? Besides the Flash games, there are only Shockwave and Unity3D games, and as far as I know, DCR Shockwave files are impossible to decompile, and so are Unity3d files (at least I have not found a way to decompile them, even though I wish there were :P). Also, great to see you stop by in my topic, VF! :) ~Gata. ;)
Anything can be reverse engineered. I've actually scratched the surface of both the Shockwave and Unity3D file formats. They are both extractable compressed archive formats and most of the resources in Unity3D files can be decompiled (especially the .NET DLL's). But even Flash decompilers don't always work very well at recreating project files. You would be better off making your own game or recreating them from scratch.
Well, you definitely know more than I do then. :P Is there any software to decompile Unity3D files?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm of the opinion that you cannot improve on Templar's work, anyways... ;) Question, though! Downloaded MNOG I at work (yes, at work :P ) aaand there was no tab to drag down Takua's backpack? Is this a fault in my particular download, or have you guys experienced it before...? - Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

I'm of the opinion that you cannot improve on Templar's work, anyways... ;) Question, though! Downloaded MNOG I at work (yes, at work :P ) aaand there was no tab to drag down Takua's backpack? Is this a fault in my particular download, or have you guys experienced it before...? - Heir

I suppose you downloaded the automatically saving version by JMMB. In this version, just like in the original from 2001, you will have to find the backpack yourself. ;) But don´t worry, it´s not hard to find.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, you definitely know more than I do then. :P Is there any software to decompile Unity3D files? ~Gata. ;)
Not a single program that I know of, but . . . To unpack a .unity3d file, open the file in a hex editor and remove all the bytes before hex "5D 00 00 80", then use the lzma.exe command line program in the LZMA SDK (from the person who made 7-zip) to decompress the LZMA compressed data you cut out from the .unity3d file. Then use my Unity Extractor Air application to unpack the archive you just decompressed. From there, the .NET DLL's can be decompiled into C# with a .NET decompiler like ILSpy. At least some of the asset files can be imported by some methods but I would have to look up how that was done. I just wanted to mash up the files of GA2 with GA3 for an offline saving version of GA2. Of course, it's not really decompiling to a Unity project.

Are signatures still a thing?

I hadnt thought of that. Strange i didnt actually, its the idea behind the Wikia Inc. network.Seperating Wikipedia into seperate, more specific wiki's to give it more depth, but keeping wikipedia if one of the "wiki's" were to go down. I have gone to the BOGA, very helpful. I do have an issue with the MNOLG2 game.. its not loading at all. VNOLG is fine, but not MNOLG2...

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Well, you definitely know more than I do then. :P Is there any software to decompile Unity3D files? ~Gata. ;)
Not a single program that I know of, but . . . To unpack a .unity3d file, open the file in a hex editor and remove all the bytes before hex "5D 00 00 80", then use the lzma.exe command line program in the LZMA SDK (from the person who made 7-zip) to decompress the LZMA compressed data you cut out from the .unity3d file. Then use my Unity Extractor Air application to unpack the archive you just decompressed. From there, the .NET DLL's can be decompiled into C# with a .NET decompiler like ILSpy. At least some of the asset files can be imported by some methods but I would have to look up how that was done. I just wanted to mash up the files of GA2 with GA3 for an offline saving version of GA2. Of course, it's not really decompiling to a Unity project.
Wow, thanks for the instructions! :)

I'm preparing myself to experience large hits of nostalgia. Thanks, Gata!

There are plenty of other people you should thank more than me. Thank you anyway. :P

I hadnt thought of that. Strange i didnt actually, its the idea behind the Wikia Inc. network.Seperating Wikipedia into seperate, more specific wiki's to give it more depth, but keeping wikipedia if one of the "wiki's" were to go down. I have gone to the BOGA, very helpful. I do have an issue with the MNOLG2 game.. its not loading at all. VNOLG is fine, but not MNOLG2...

What exactly is the problem with MNOG II? Doesn´t a Flash object appear, does it appear with a black screen or does the loading bar get stuck?~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I have the same issue. It's really an annoyance, though; I can still play the game fine.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

I like the fact that there is a Twitter profile for BOGA (@BOGAproject). It's cool to be able to know the going-ons in project. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

it says "Wating for [the file path]" I have had to launch it in the internet browser (long story, exe. files are blocked)it loads the menu for the BOGA website, but the section where the game is, nothing. White screen. the loading bar get full, still nothing

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

just downloaded MNOLG2 but there are 2 black bars on either side of the screen! need halp

I have the same issue. It's really an annoyance, though; I can still play the game fine.

Could you both show me screenshots of that? Are you using the SOL or the TXT saving version?

I like the fact that there is a Twitter profile for BOGA (@BOGAproject). It's cool to be able to know the going-ons in project. :)

Yeah, I guess I will have to update it someday, though. The last tweet is almost four months old. :P It´s just that I barely find any time for the project nowadays, hopefully once school is over spring next year I will be able to work on it again.

it says "Wating for [the file path]" I have had to launch it in the internet browser (long story, exe. files are blocked)it loads the menu for the BOGA website, but the section where the game is, nothing. White screen. the loading bar get full, still nothing

The issue with the EXE files is probably caused by your security settings. As far as the game not appearing, are you sure the Flash plug-in is properly installed? Did you also extract all the files? This may the be cause for the problems with the EXE version as well. Are you playing the SOL or the TXT saving version?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

First of all, spoiler tags are only for spoilers, so please just post a link to the screenshot instead. ;) And even if they were allowed for this, you put the warning about the large size inside and not outside the spoiler tags, which is kind of pointless. :PThe answer to this is very simple. You have set a size for the application window that does not have the same aspect ratio as the game screen, which is why it is being stretched at the sides. You are actually not supposed to see anything beyond the black bars, so it is not that the backpack is cut off, but rather that you are not supposed to see it at all unless you click on it. The game uses a 4:3 aspect ratio (possibly because that was the usual aspect ratio for screens at that time), as opposed to the usual 16:10 or 16:9 (as in your case) nowadays, so you will have to manually crop the window in order to view it correctly. ;)~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

ah, i forgot you had to open the backpack :P but when i do fullscreen its really annoying because i can partly see the backpackany way to make it bigger?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

ah, i forgot you had to open the backpack :P but when i do fullscreen its really annoying because i can partly see the backpackany way to make it bigger?

As I said in the post above yours, it´s an issue of the aspect ratio, so you will have to manually crop the window at the side until the black bars disappear.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So I've been playing the SOL version and all of a sudden I have over 200 lightstones. I bought a few a little while ago, but I don't recall buying 241. Selling them in Ta-Koro's not a bad way to make money, although I'm making sure to keep a few.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

I'm just wondering, but if Hero Factory had a downloadable online game, would BOGA put that on the site?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I hope not. none of the games HF has are fun to me anyways. but having an HF game would ruin the point of BIONICLE online games archive

I am playing MNOLG2 and I'm wondering if there is some place to go where I can see which glitches there are in the game, if any?

I am not aware of a collection of glitches in the game at this moment. Most can be easily fixed by typing in 'kapura' (without quotation marks, be sure to type it correctly the first time) and then pressing 8. There is also a bug where you have to do that after defeating Le-Koro in order to save that you won (wait until the bell rings and the Matoran lift their arms).

do you know where i could find the MNOLG soundtrack?

You can find it here (link will log you out of the forums)

So I've been playing the SOL version and all of a sudden I have over 200 lightstones. I bought a few a little while ago, but I don't recall buying 241. Selling them in Ta-Koro's not a bad way to make money, although I'm making sure to keep a few.

What were you doing when you noticed that?

I'm just wondering, but if Hero Factory had a downloadable online game, would BOGA put that on the site?

A seperate section for HF games is not out of the question.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I am playing MNOLG2 and I'm wondering if there is some place to go where I can see which glitches there are in the game, if any?

I am not aware of a collection of glitches in the game at this moment. Most can be easily fixed by typing in 'kapura' (without quotation marks, be sure to type it correctly the first time) and then pressing 8. There is also a bug where you have to do that after defeating Le-Koro in order to save that you won (wait until the bell rings and the Matoran lift their arms).

do you know where i could find the MNOLG soundtrack?

You can find it here (link will log you out of the forums)

What were you doing when you noticed that?

A seperate section for HF games is not out of the question. ~Gata. ;)
I was going to buy something in Ta-Koro. I'd just tried to beat Onu-Koro and lost.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

well, i downloaded the songs, but they are not in the same album when I put them into itunes!any tips? fixed it, nevermind

Edited by bulik