BOGA - The BIONICLE Online Games Archive

Gatanui

The lightstone glitch happened again. I walked from Ta-Koro to Le-Koro and suddenly had more than 800 lightstones.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

The lightstone glitch happened again. I walked from Ta-Koro to Le-Koro and suddenly had more than 800 lightstones.

Could you check if this happens with the TXT version as well? It might be something to look at. Do you have the latest version? A patch was released on February which fixed several similar issues in the MNOG II.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Just played MNOLG again, oh such great memories...Great job on this, I'll definitely be returning soon. :)

Thanks! :)

Is the offline menu system still in the works?

I have contacted DJ Reidak about it recently. Chances are it won´t be finished, but what is done will be released soon (depends on when DJ R answers).~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just discovered this, and it kept me going through the short downtime. Really awesome, I missed Huai Snowball sling, and I recompleted the whole of MNOLG II. The Toa Metru promo CD games were available online at one point I recall. Is it possible to put them up?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'd just discovered this, and it kept me going through the short downtime. Really awesome, I missed Huai Snowball sling, and I recompleted the whole of MNOLG II. The Toa Metru promo CD games were available online at one point I recall. Is it possible to put them up?

At this point we do not intend to offer them for download as we regard them as promotional software rather than actual games but you can get them from the BioMedia Project on tronec.org. ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Try right-clicking and un-checking enable backwards compatibility (weird, right? You'll probably want to put it back when done.) or download this version with a standalone executable: http://tronec.org/bmp/games . Both these methods work for me.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

Try right-clicking and un-checking enable backwards compatibility (weird, right? You'll probably want to put it back when done.) or download this version with a standalone executable: http://tronec.org/bmp/games . Both these methods work for me.

You are a genius, JMMB! :) Now I will actually have a good answer when I am asked again through the website why the game does not work. :D

How does this "BOGA" thing work, again?

I am not sure I understand your question. Just go to the website, choose whichever game you want to play, download (unzip the ZIP folder/install if necessary) and there you go! :)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 4 weeks later...

WOW. I just discovered the tronec BioMedia library. They have all the ancient CDs and stuff! BOGA should consider a partnership with them, for sure.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

WOW. I just discovered the tronec BioMedia library. They have all the ancient CDs and stuff! BOGA should consider a partnership with them, for sure.

I think they already have one...maybe?
The BOGA and the BioMedia Project are currently not discussing a partnership, but it has never been discarded either, so a partnership is not out of the question at some unknown point in the future.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Not impossible with some of the games, but probably too much effort to implement into something that is already extremely cool.Except for the flash-games. For those you'd need to have the original project files, then load all those graphics into it, maybe even rewrite some code...

Just curious, which games could it work with? Besides the Flash games, there are only Shockwave and Unity3D games, and as far as I know, DCR Shockwave files are impossible to decompile, and so are Unity3d files (at least I have not found a way to decompile them, even though I wish there were :P).Also, great to see you stop by in my topic, VF! :)~Gata. ;)
Anything can be reverse engineered. I've actually scratched the surface of both the Shockwave and Unity3D file formats. They are both extractable compressed archive formats and most of the resources in Unity3D files can be decompiled (especially the .NET DLL's). But even Flash decompilers don't always work very well at recreating project files. You would be better off making your own game or recreating them from scratch.
What's the compression format on the Shockwave format?

Not impossible with some of the games, but probably too much effort to implement into something that is already extremely cool.Except for the flash-games. For those you'd need to have the original project files, then load all those graphics into it, maybe even rewrite some code...

Just curious, which games could it work with? Besides the Flash games, there are only Shockwave and Unity3D games, and as far as I know, DCR Shockwave files are impossible to decompile, and so are Unity3d files (at least I have not found a way to decompile them, even though I wish there were :P).Also, great to see you stop by in my topic, VF! :)~Gata. ;)
Anything can be reverse engineered. I've actually scratched the surface of both the Shockwave and Unity3D file formats. They are both extractable compressed archive formats and most of the resources in Unity3D files can be decompiled (especially the .NET DLL's). But even Flash decompilers don't always work very well at recreating project files. You would be better off making your own game or recreating them from scratch.
What's the compression format on the Shockwave format?
Zlib. Throughout the DCR's, there are chunks of Zlib compressed data, each a different asset. Since I can see you're not a big poster we can't use the PM system, but if you like, we can take this to email where it won't be off-topic. My guess is that you're looking to reverse-engineer the format, and there's more I can share. You can get my address here: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JrMasterModelBuilder/Profile/contact.txt

• 4 weeks later...

I went on BOGA, and downloaded and extracted the MNOG. I chose the ZIP version of the game, and downloaded the version which could be saved. However, when I went to play it again on my computer, it had restarted and so not saved. How do I save the game so I won't have to play all of it through every time I go back to it?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then call rehab.

Actually, this version by JMMB and alpha123 does not require XAMPP to work. It would be useful to know which operating system you use.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Actually, this version by JMMB and alpha123 does not require XAMPP to work. It would be useful to know which operating system you use.~Gata. ;)

I use Windows 7. If you need any other information, I'd be happy to provide it.A bit off topic, but is there anything you need to do in the game to save it before you close it, or does the save feature work every time you exit it without doing anything else special? That's what I did; I'm just wondering if I should have done something different, seeing as I've never played this game before.

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then call rehab.

I use Windows 7. If you need any other information, I'd be happy to provide it.A bit off topic, but is there anything you need to do in the game to save it before you close it, or does the save feature work every time you exit it without doing anything else special? That's what I did; I'm just wondering if I should have done something different, seeing as I've never played this game before.
It should save automaticly on which scene you are in, as far as I know.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

It should save automaticly on which scene you are in, as far as I know.
Thanks. Now I know it's not something that I failed to do while playing. Just checking (it still isn't saving, though). :) Edited by Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Then call rehab.

I tried the applications, but for some reason they wouldn't work on my laptop. So I played the HTML version. My original reason was that I downloaded Piraka Attack and played it on that, and yet it was still able to save.Potentially faulty reasoning... <_<

Then call rehab.

The HTML version doesn´t save automatically, instead, it saves your game progress into your clipboard which you have to manually paste into the save file (getstate.TXT in the matanui folder). It´s explained in the README! file.Anyway, what exactly is the problem with the application?~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for saving the old online games! It's good sometimes to relive old times... I don't know if this is feasible, but would it be possible for someone who has experience programming Apps for mobile devices to create App versions of some of these games (for example, an MNOG or MNOG II App for iPod or iPhone or something)? That would be awesome... :lol:

Thanks so much for saving the old online games! It's good sometimes to relive old times...I don't know if this is feasible, but would it be possible for someone who has experience programming Apps for mobile devices to create App versions of some of these games (for example, an MNOG or MNOG II App for iPod or iPhone or something)? That would be awesome... :lol:

Perhaps for the Android or other non-Apple platforms it would be possible to bundle the game into an HTML based AIR application. For an Apple device, Apple's licensing limitations for AIR applications prevent the ActionScript in externally loaded SWF files from executing so the games would have to be recreated from the ground up in a single SWF file using ActionScript 3.0. Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Thanks so much for saving the old online games! It's good sometimes to relive old times...I don't know if this is feasible, but would it be possible for someone who has experience programming Apps for mobile devices to create App versions of some of these games (for example, an MNOG or MNOG II App for iPod or iPhone or something)? That would be awesome... :lol:

Perhaps for the Android or other non-Apple platforms it would be possible to bundle the game into an HTML based AIR application. For an Apple device, Apple's licensing limitations for AIR applications prevent the ActionScript in externally loaded SWF files from executing so the games would have to be recreated from the ground up in a single SWF file using ActionScript 3.0.
Could either of these things be done?

Perhaps for the Android or other non-Apple platforms it would be possible to bundle the game into an HTML based AIR application. For an Apple device, Apple's licensing limitations for AIR applications prevent the ActionScript in externally loaded SWF files from executing so the games would have to be recreated from the ground up in a single SWF file using ActionScript 3.0.
I have no idea, since I have absolutely no experience with programming Apps. This was just a random idea I had. :P

I have no idea, since I have absolutely no experience with programming Apps. This was just a random idea I had. :P
I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to execute the steps explained by JrMasterBuilder. Is such a thing he has described feasible? Is it really difficult?

I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to execute the steps explained by JrMasterBuilder. Is such a thing he has described feasible? Is it really difficult?
The non-Apple AIR applications are feasible assuming there isn't some technical obstacle I'm unaware of. Rebuilding them from scratch for Apple device compatability would require a huge amount of time and would be very difficult as SWF decompiling really doesn't work very well for complex graphics and animation and translating the uncommented ActionScript 2.0 into ActionScript 3.0 (which, while many times better than AS2, has some structural differences requiring totally new coding logic) would be a tough feat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad that there is an archive for Bionicle online games. I have been wanting to play some of those, but I couldn't find them. Now I dont have to!

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question. I downloaded MNOG ll several months ago and I'm almost done with the game. Unfortunately, I might have to move it somewhere else, since it's on a PC that's getting thrown away due to some problems on it. If I copy and paste all the game's files to a USB and put it on a different computer, will my progress be saved?

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I have a question. I downloaded MNOG ll several months ago and I'm almost done with the game. Unfortunately, I might have to move it somewhere else, since it's on a PC that's getting thrown away due to some problems on it. If I copy and paste all the game's files to a USB and put it on a different computer, will my progress be saved?

It depends on if you are playing the SOL or the TXT version. If you play the TXT version, moving the entire folder is enough. If you play the SOL version, you´ll have to copy the save file seperately. You can find it in the Local Shared Objects folder, inside a sub-folder called localhost. From then on, the sub-folders have the names of the folders on your computer, so just travel all the way down to the MNOG II folder from there. Let me know if you need help finding the save file.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering, because this thought came to me last night for some reason, is BOGA ever going to branch out and do other LEGO computer games? I assume that if they would, it'd get another name for other LEGO games to prevent confusion and keep the classic name.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Just wondering, because this thought came to me last night for some reason, is BOGA ever going to branch out and do other LEGO computer games? I assume that if they would, it'd get another name for other LEGO games to prevent confusion and keep the classic name.

An all-new BOGA website will be released this summer. We´ll see what happens then. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png