BOGA - The BIONICLE Online Games Archive

Gatanui

Okay Gata. Im back in my PC. How do I send you my file?
The save file doesn't contain any personal information. ;)~Mentos Fruit
That wasn't worrying me until you said it hahahaha. Seriously though, what do I copy an paste?
Paste the contents from the file getstate.txt inside the matanui folder.~Mentos Fruit
my getstate is completely blank

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

That wasn't worrying me until you said it hahahaha. Seriously though, what do I copy an paste?
Paste the contents from the file getstate.txt inside the matanui folder.~Mentos Fruit
It's actually in the hahli folder, not the matanui folder (got it mixed up with MNOG), although you probably got it right yourself. This is strange as even in this case, the game should load something (the intro screen). Doesn't even the higher/lower quality selection screen appear?~Mentos Fruit

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It's actually in the hahli folder, not the matanui folder (got it mixed up with MNOG), although you probably got it right yourself. This is strange as even in this case, the game should load something (the intro screen). Doesn't even the higher/lower quality selection screen appear?~Mentos Fruit
Yeah. It highers and lowers, the "loads", the blacks out

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Thanks for the help :)Two more questions (sorry):1. Does it matter if I win the kohlii matches in MNOG II? I told myself I wouldn't cheat, but I don't feel like spending 5 weeks collecting supplies, crafting tools and training skills :P2(. Why does Taipu look exactly like Hafu? I thought the kohlii player that was sold in that set was also Hafu, but Taipu in MNOG II looks exactly like the Hafu from the kohlii set from.. 2002 I think.

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

Yeah. It highers and lowers, the "loads", the blacks out
It actually needs to contain
&nostate=1&

for blank status.

Are signatures still a thing?

Do yo have a version of MNOG that has "Matoran" instead of "Tohunga" (and, preferably, the updated legal names, like "Jaller" and "Macku")?
Doesn't that kind of ruin the nostalgia of the thing? Idk, maybe it's just a personal preference.....
No, it doesn't. I originally played the re-release that had "Matoran", so having "Tohunga" kind of ruins the nostalgia for me. tounge2.gifBut I see there are versions of dialogue with "Matoran" in the game's files. How do I access those? Edited by Magnetic Vorahk
I miss BIONICLE.

Find the files that say "...(Matoran).txt", delete their Tohunga counterparts, and get rid of the "(Matoran)" in the file name. At least, I think that's what you do. I'm speaking out of memory, since I did the same thing about 2 years ago, so I don't know if you guys changed that part. As for changing "Jala" to "Jaller," you're out of luck, unless you can do a universal search and replace. But I don't think MNOG ever updated their names anyway.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

Find the files that say "...(Matoran).txt", delete their Tohunga counterparts, and get rid of the "(Matoran)" in the file name. At least, I think that's what you do. I'm speaking out of memory, since I did the same thing about 2 years ago, so I don't know if you guys changed that part. As for changing "Jala" to "Jaller," you're out of luck, unless you can do a universal search and replace. But I don't think MNOG ever updated their names anyway.
True. There was actually a cannonical explanation for the names anyway

How do I view a file from MNOLG 2 without the launcher? I need to take screenshots from the cutscenes and Ta Wahi Beach and not have to play the game all the way through(not saying I don't like it, it's just tedious since I'm at the part where you have to face Ko Koro).
The cutscenes only work with the player so what you need to do is modify the save file to have the scene you wish as your new location.Anyway, I figured I should post this here as well:
Precisely and coincidentally today, on September 28th 2012, it's been three years ago that work started on this project. Rarely have I ever been as dedicated and proud about a project as this one. I can still remember my enthusiasm which endured for a lot of time and was re-ignited a few months ago, when I decided to build an entirely new BOGA website. I started building a truly professional and entirely self-written website for the first time, gaining more knowledge about programming and designing websites than ever before. I used to spend hours every day working on the website and if I was already proud of the website before, I was going to be even more proud of the new one. I had lots of great things in mind for it and couldn't wait to implement them.But the times change and must change. When I started working on the website, I was 14 years old, I was in school, and BIONICLE was still running, albeit about to end. Now, three days later, I have graduated, BIONICLE is long over, and I'm going to start college in two weeks. I had reached a point in building the new website which had become tedious several weeks ago, so I decided to take a break as I had found I had lost motivation. I thought it would come back, but unfortunately it has not. In addition to that, I have had to take several important decisions for the future and to establish priorities. I'm very sorry to realize that if already in the past months it had become increasingly difficult to keep the website up-to-date and to answer to all help requests in time, it would become entirely impossible once I would be busy with college. I have always managed this website entirely on my own, but unfortunately, that stopped working months ago. It's become time for me to say goodbye to some old things and say hello to new ones.The imminent cancellation of the hosting services kindly offered by DJ Reidak's Studios have supported my decision to shut down the BOGA website and services indefinitely. Much work and time has been spent on the new website, and chances are the BOGA may return in another shape and form sometime in the future, but not anytime soon.I would like to thank everyone who downloaded from this website and supported it through its run. You are the reason this website existed, and I thank you for your support and for the opportunity. I would like to thank everybody who contributed to creating offline versions of the many great games that for most of us represent our childhood. A special thanks to DJ Reidak's Studios and BIONIFIGS who kindly translated the website to French as part of a project to translate the website to a number of languages. Due to time issues, their translation was never published, and I would like to apologize for that.The games can still be downloaded from the site until the hosting services are shut down. After that, though, they won't be re-uploaded within this project.Thank you everyone for a fantastic three-year run.
I was planning to close the topic, but given there is still demand for questions about the BIONICLE online games, I figure it would be best to leave the topic open so people can ask questions until it dies. What do you think?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

How do I view a file from MNOLG 2 without the launcher? I need to take screenshots from the cutscenes and Ta Wahi Beach and not have to play the game all the way through(not saying I don't like it, it's just tedious since I'm at the part where you have to face Ko Koro).
The cutscenes only work with the player so what you need to do is modify the save file to have the scene you wish as your new location.Anyway, I figured I should post this here as well:
Precisely and coincidentally today, on September 28th 2012, it's been three years ago that work started on this project. Rarely have I ever been as dedicated and proud about a project as this one. I can still remember my enthusiasm which endured for a lot of time and was re-ignited a few months ago, when I decided to build an entirely new BOGA website. I started building a truly professional and entirely self-written website for the first time, gaining more knowledge about programming and designing websites than ever before. I used to spend hours every day working on the website and if I was already proud of the website before, I was going to be even more proud of the new one. I had lots of great things in mind for it and couldn't wait to implement them.But the times change and must change. When I started working on the website, I was 14 years old, I was in school, and BIONICLE was still running, albeit about to end. Now, three days later, I have graduated, BIONICLE is long over, and I'm going to start college in two weeks. I had reached a point in building the new website which had become tedious several weeks ago, so I decided to take a break as I had found I had lost motivation. I thought it would come back, but unfortunately it has not. In addition to that, I have had to take several important decisions for the future and to establish priorities. I'm very sorry to realize that if already in the past months it had become increasingly difficult to keep the website up-to-date and to answer to all help requests in time, it would become entirely impossible once I would be busy with college. I have always managed this website entirely on my own, but unfortunately, that stopped working months ago. It's become time for me to say goodbye to some old things and say hello to new ones.The imminent cancellation of the hosting services kindly offered by DJ Reidak's Studios have supported my decision to shut down the BOGA website and services indefinitely. Much work and time has been spent on the new website, and chances are the BOGA may return in another shape and form sometime in the future, but not anytime soon.I would like to thank everyone who downloaded from this website and supported it through its run. You are the reason this website existed, and I thank you for your support and for the opportunity. I would like to thank everybody who contributed to creating offline versions of the many great games that for most of us represent our childhood. A special thanks to DJ Reidak's Studios and BIONIFIGS who kindly translated the website to French as part of a project to translate the website to a number of languages. Due to time issues, their translation was never published, and I would like to apologize for that.The games can still be downloaded from the site until the hosting services are shut down. After that, though, they won't be re-uploaded within this project.Thank you everyone for a fantastic three-year run.
I was planning to close the topic, but given there is still demand for questions about the BIONICLE online games, I figure it would be best to leave the topic open so people can ask questions until it dies. What do you think?-Gata signoff.png
Well good luck to both of you at college, and great work on BOGA.Question: Are you leaving BZP or just stopping work on BOGA

Well good luck to both of you at college, and great work on BOGA.Question: Are you leaving BZP or just stopping work on BOGA
Thank you. And we are only going to stop working on the BOGA, no worries, although chances are our activity will decrease to some degree.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Thank you. And we are only going to stop working on the BOGA, no worries, although chances are our activity will decrease to some degree.-Gata signoff.png
Thats good. I obviously understand about your decreasing activity. Still, wherever and whenever our roads my fork in BZP, I still hope to stay in contact with you through other social media.

Thats good. I obviously understand about your decreasing activity. Still, wherever and whenever our roads my fork in BZP, I still hope to stay in contact with you through other social media.
Don't worry about that. ;) This is not the place to discuss our activity on BZPower, though. Anyway, I take it you prefer the topic to stay open?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Don't worry about that. ;) This is not the place to discuss our activity on BZPower, though. Anyway, I take it you prefer the topic to stay open?-Gata signoff.png
Yeah, definitly. I never even got my problem sorted for MNOG II

Yeah, definitly. I never even got my problem sorted for MNOG II
Right. So was there anything out of the ordinary you did on your computer before the problem arose?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, this is sad. :(I have to say, this was quite a dedicated project. Sad to see it go, but I can understand. Thank you for this. :)

Hahligirl56 - fan since 2004.

"The fool wanders, a wise man travels." - Thomas Fuller

"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes." - Henry J. Kaiser

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." - Jesse Jackson

Someone download everything and re-upload it somewhere. Anywhere you can store the stuff, really. Download hosting site or whatnot.I'd do it, but my computer is broken at the moment and I'm using other computers. Plus I really have no idea where to send it.
I've already downloaded everything, actually...
I miss BIONICLE.

Someone download everything and re-upload it somewhere. Anywhere you can store the stuff, really. Download hosting site or whatnot.I'd do it, but my computer is broken at the moment and I'm using other computers. Plus I really have no idea where to send it.
I've already downloaded everything, actually...
Try Send space. Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

There is no need to re-upload the files as there are other websites hosting the BIONICLE online games and even more (one site in particular but it has forums and must not be mentioned here).-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Ok, so how can I take a screenshot of Battle for Mata Nui on Windows XP and save it as a PNG?
Just like you take screenshots anywhere else. Press the Print Scr button on the top right part of your keyboard and paste the screenshot into an image editing software like MS Paint.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Gata, for this awesome repository of Bionicle games! Reminds me of when I was little and MNOG II was the hardest thing I'd ever seen or imagined! Thanks!And good luck in college!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 1 month later...