Bionicle Theme Song

Cederak

Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd. It's the song that suits the franchise itself. For a specific year, Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd suits 2007, because of Matoro's death and all. Probably a little too much Pink Floyd, but those songs fit. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I think possibly that one song that plays during the menu screen of Mask of Light(idk what it's called, any of you know?). It seems to hold that feel of, I dunno, "things are what they are and we will face death and evil but we will do that is right and what we must do and in the end all will be right" something like that, it's a great song, and I think it represents Bionicle well, maybe not so much and action and combat side, but more the philisophical side.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

well i was on a video site and found a song called Headstrong by Trapt. when i found the song someone had made a bionicle version of the song using scenes from the four bionicle movies. the person actually had the timing of the song and the scenes work together really good. and the moral of the song which i feel is to never give up and keep on going even when things seem impossible.with that moral i think that is the whole meaning of bionicle: Even when the toa nuva lost their elemental powers they did not give up, When the toa metru were branded traitors and even when they were made half-rahi/half-toa they still did not give up. And need i even mention the multiple times when the toa inika/mahri could have given up.Here are the lyricsCircling your head contemplating everything you ever said Now I see the truth I got a doubt A different motive in your eyes and now I'm out See you later I see your fantasies You wanna make it a reality baby paved in goldSee inside, inside of our heads yeah Well now that's over I see your motives inside Decisions to hide Back off I'll take you on Headstrong to take on anyone I know that you are wrong Headstrong we're Headstrong Back off I'll take you on Headstrong to take on anyone I know that you are wrong This is not where you belong I can't give everything away I won't give everything away Conclusions manifest your first impressions got to be your very best I see [ ] is not so rightThat's how you play I guess you get through every night Now that's over I see your fantasiesYou wanna make it a realityPaved in goldSee inside, inside of our heads Well now that's over I see your motives inside And your decisions to hide Back off I'll take you on Headstrong to take on any one I know that you are wrong Headstrong, we're headstrong Back off I'll take you on Headstrong to take on anyone I know that you are wrong And this is not where you belong Where you belong I can't give everything away This is not where you belong I won't give everything away I know I know all about I know I know all about I know I know all about I know I know all about Your motives inside And your decision to hide Back off I'll take you on Headstrong to take on anyone I know that you are wrong Headstrong,we're headstrong Back off I'll take you on Headstrong to take on anyone I know that you are wrong And this is not where you belong Where you belong This is not where you belong I can't give everything away This is not where you belong I won't give everything away Where you belong This is not where you belongEdit: There is a word in the lyrics that is censored on BZPower. It's censored in the song, but not very well; it's easy to make it out.So, just to be safe, I have to take the link out. -Wind-

Edited by Voxumo The Frozen One

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I would say the translated lyrics to the song. Glitter Arch by Kaya Way back on the old forums someone posted the lyrics to Glitter arch and they seemed to match bionicle's theme perfectly. Here is a link to the video for the music video. If its not allowed feel free to remove the linkhttp://vimeo.com/8987776But these are the lyrics.I ran barefoot across the crumbling earth as it fell to ruinIn the traces of an endlessly cruel dreamA past that wouldn't disappear, memories that wouldn't fadeEven now a toy caught in their graspBut while I stood trapped in that darkness day after dayThats when I found youLet me protect you from the relentless steel rainSmash all of the ugly things away...Pass throught the arch of glittering rainbow and escapeInto the grains of light that twinkle like a dreamAnd while this cruel blue sky flutters and wavesTogether let's run far, far awayWhen the very world comes to an endClose your eyes, and let's take handsI want to feel that pulse for certainAnd when the world comes to an endMore than anyone, more than anythingIf I know you, you'll be laughing againSo protect me from the raging windsAnd together we'll connect our promised wingsPass throught the arch of glittering rainbow and escapeInto the grains of light that twinkle like a dreamAnd while this cruel blue sky flutters and wavesTogether let's run far, far awayThis guilty feeling lodged within my chestI've always lived with and condemnedBut now, I'll release myself for your sakeAnd fasten my glittering wingsPass throught the arch of glittering rainbow and escapeInto the grains of light that twinkle like a dreamAnd while this cruel blue sky flutters and wavesTogether let's run far, far awayImagine that world of overflowing lightAnd while this cruel blue sky flutters and wavesTogether let's run far, far away

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Predictably, I liked the official Bionicle music as the best representation of each Bionicle year. There was also the song "Journey's End" that someone linked up with the ending of Bionicle, which I rather liked.As for the song that represents all of Bionicle the most, I have to say that the music of this movie trailer is immortal.

As far as a theme song is concerned, I've never heard any song that I think does BIONICLE as a whole justice.But "Quicksilver" from Mike Oldfield's album Light and Shade is pretty good and I think the musical style fits BIONICLE pretty well, if not perfectly.Out of official BIONICLE promotional songs, most of the Cryoshell songs had lyrics that went well with the years they promoted. The BIONICLE music from 2001, however, is what I think did best at capturing the biomechanical element of the series, and comes closest to the musical style I think suits BIONICLE.While Nathan Furst's music for the original BIONICLE movie trilogy was epic, it felt a bit too generic for BIONICLE in my opinion. There was nothing in that score that especially fit the biomechanical, science-fantasy context of the story, and it could have easily been used for any fantasy action-adventure film.

I think possibly that one song that plays during the menu screen of Mask of Light(idk what it's called, any of you know?). It seems to hold that feel of, I dunno, "things are what they are and we will face death and evil but we will do that is right and what we must do and in the end all will be right" something like that, it's a great song, and I think it represents Bionicle well, maybe not so much and action and combat side, but more the philisophical side.

Any of that music by Nathan Furst was just awesome.

There was a song called "Kick it up" back a long time ago, never really forgot it. I'm not so sure if it could do Bionicle justice, since it's so - awkward silence - wait a minute... Something's coming to me...That's it! I think... Here are my options. Hero (nickelback) Kick it up (Search "Digimon" with it) Count on me (Unknown search "optimus" alongside) in the end (Linkin Park) I will not Bow (Breaking Benjamin) or............This is War (30STM) _ _ U

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

As a kid, my sister would often play "Venus in Furs" by the Velvet Underground. I understand what it's about now (it's pretty inappropriate), but at the time it seemed like a good song for BIONICLE.I am tired, I am wearyI could sleep for a thousand yearsA thousand dreams that would awake meDifferent colors made of tears

Look, it's the story of Mata Nui! But like,

this Mata Nui

Edited by Wrinkledlion X

Personally, I don't think that it's possible to pick a single song to be the so-called "theme" for all of Bionicle. The setting and feel of each story year were radically different from each other, and I think that merits the music sounding different as well. For example, the soundtracks of the MNOLGs and Bohrok Animations fit the first three years perfectly--that neat tribal-meets-techno feel just felt right. And for the 2007-2008 era, Cryoshell's music really helped to express the darker side that Bionicle had begun to show.As for a single song for each year, though, I have no idea what I would choose. It would probably only happen after I pore over my music collection and the internet for hours searching for the right ones. :b But I don't think that you can really sum up the feel of Bionicle as a whole, with just one song--it's too diverse to be represented that way.

"Hero" By AIK jumps to mind as an actual lyrical song that represents Bionicle. The song is about being a Hero, and that's what the Toa are doing most of the time, so it fits.However, the MNOLG music is what defines the theme for me, especially the action music in the Lewa vs Onua cutsceen.:music:

I feel that Shine on You Crazy Diamond fits the same sort of theme as BIONICLE, especially the later parts of the song.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hmm, well, I've thought of a couple of things that would fit the Bionicle franchise as a whole, Closer to the Truth from our beloved Cryoshell being just one of the options. I've also considered See Who I Am from Within Temptation to be quite appropriate, or Trapped from Dead By April. Actually, a lot of the songs from both of those bands can be seen to fit at least the tone of Bionicle.Although, it's a bit of a risky question, given now that I think of Bionicle and music, I think of the music I use to inspire me for my epic, which has a very different tone from the official storyline. So, it may not be what could be the theme of Bionicle but just what fits TBKS.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

It's always been hard for me to think "Bionicle" with anything other than MNOG-style music, or Powerpack, etc. To me those defined what largely set Bionicle apart from everything else.So I kinda agree with Tilius on this, although I like songs with words and stuff, too, they don't say "Bionicle theme song" to me. Also, the orchestral scores from the movies never really felt specifically Bionicle to me either though those were cool.In other words, Kumo Rocks. ;)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-BIONICLE!. . . No?The word "Pokémon" in most of the themes could be replaced easily enough by "BIONICLE."In all seriousness, that song by whomever-it-was, whatever-it-was-called. "Do you know what it takes to be a hero? Do you have what it takes to beat the fear that's in your heart?" It was played over a montage of commercial clips back in '04 or '05 or '06 or 1642.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

In all seriousness, that song by whomever-it-was, whatever-it-was-called. "Do you know what it takes to be a hero? Do you have what it takes to beat the fear that's in your heart?" It was played over a montage of commercial clips back in '04 or '05 or '06 or 1642.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

That´s Hero by All Insane Kids. I agree that that is one of the songs that best suit BIONICLE. All the Cryoshell songs were very fitting to their respective themes, too. Besides those, The BIONICLE Music is an obvious choice. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Nathan Furst! The epic yet innocent score defines BIONICLE for me. I think every needs to take a step back and look at the series. If for you it only represents something ultra-hardcore and dark, then maybe you should find a different perspective. I'm not saying that BIONICLE isn't these things at times, but I think these are its qualities that the ex-BIONICLE fans held to. Anyway, I think could fit his music at any point in the story.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

@ Voxumo The Frozen One: I always thought that Headstrong worked for Tahu specifically, especially when he had more of a temper in the first movie.For the most part I think the original Bionicle Song from the Power Pack was the best music for the line as a whole. It had a really nice beat, and parts of it just felt like the sets and story. "Hero" by All Insane Kids is second because of its theme. However, it speaks more to heroes in general rather than being a hero from Bionicle.2005 wasn't my favorite year, but I have to admit, the "The Hive" from the Starcraft 2 soundtrack would work for the Visorak, since they have the same mentality and related appearance to the Zerg. Similarly, the ambient music from Portal 2 also works, either because of its similar sound to "The Hive" or becuase of the sense of desolation in ruined Metru Nui.

I think different years and story arcs have different moods themes that bring a different theme song to mind for me. Lyrics just don't fit with the strangely cinematic view of the Bionicle world in my head.2001-2003 - Concerning Hobbits - Howard Shore2004 - Bionicle Trilogy Main Theme - Nathan Furst2005 - Batman Arkham City Theme - Nick Arundel2006-2008 - Sentinel Prime - Steve Jablonsky2009 - ???2010 - Mind Heist - Zack HemseyYeah, they probably aren't the best choices seeing as they're all themes from other franchises, but that's just the music that I hum when I read the comics from that year :P2006 could have the Mordor music from Lord of the Rings as the them for it's first half. I don't know what really fits 2009.

I think Supporting Me by Everett Bradley from Sonic Adventure 2 fits some aspects of the franchise fairly well, 2007 especially:I'm gonna be desperate,Never loseHurryNever loseHurryI believe in my future, farewell to the shadowIt was my place to live, but now I need your handLead me out with your light, I've breathed inThe disgusting air of darkness, but I never lose out,To the pressure, everything's just likeAn illusion, I'll be losing you, before long...I never lose my confidenceI know you were supporting meSupporting meSupporting meI'll be losing you before long...I'm gonna be desperate, Never lose Hurry- Refers to the Toa Mahri and their willingness to do whatever it takes to save Mata Nui, while "Hurry" emphasizes the fact that they only have so much time remaining.I believe in my future, farewell to the shadow; It was my place to live, but now I need your hand; Lead me out with your light, I've breathed in; The disgusting air of darkness...- Makuta's shadows and the damage done by him to the Matoran Universe, requiring the help of the Toa. Especially Takanuva, Toa of Light....but I never lose out; To the pressure, everything's just like; An illusion, I'll be losing you, before long...- Literally: The pressure of the Pit water.TFiguratively: The toa Mahri, and the Toa in general, fighting to not give in to despair in the face of Mata Nui's iminent death, hence the "losing you" line.I never lose my confidence- Self explanatory, I think. The Toa never give up.I know you were supporting me- the Matoran, Turaga, and Mata Nui all rooting for the Toa to succeed.This has been my two cents on the matter :3-Longcat is Long!

I USED TO BE LONGCAT IS LONG!

tumblr_m42b4aGmdZ1qkibivo1_500.jpg
My Blog. Read it. Nao.

My Steam name is [TDC] Blitzkitteh, feel free to add me.

I think Supporting Me by Everett Bradley from Sonic Adventure 2 fits some aspects of the franchise fairly well, 2007 especially:I'm gonna be desperate,Never loseHurryNever loseHurryI believe in my future, farewell to the shadowIt was my place to live, but now I need your handLead me out with your light, I've breathed inThe disgusting air of darkness, but I never lose out,To the pressure, everything's just likeAn illusion, I'll be losing you, before long...I never lose my confidenceI know you were supporting meSupporting meSupporting meI'll be losing you before long...I'm gonna be desperate, Never lose Hurry- Refers to the Toa Mahri and their willingness to do whatever it takes to save Mata Nui, while "Hurry" emphasizesthe fact that they only have so much time remaining.I believe in my future, farewell to the shadow; It was my place to live, but now I need your hand; Lead me out with your light, I've breathed in; The disgusting air of darkness...- Makuta's shadows and the damage done by him to the Matoran Universe, requiring the help of the Toa. Especially Takanuva, Toa of Light....but I never lose out; To the pressure, everything's just like; An illusion, I'll be losing you, before long...- Literally: The pressure of the Pit water.TFiguratively: The toa Mahri, and the Toa in general, fighting to not give in to despair in the face of Mata Nui's iminent death, hence the "losing you" line.I never lose my confidence- Self explanatory, I think. The Toa never give up.I know you were supporting me- the Matoran, Turaga, and Mata Nui all rooting for the Toa to succeed.This has been my two cents on the matter :3-Longcat is Long!

Considering the Biolizard battle is one of my favorite video game boss fights of all time, this makes your interesting interpretation all the more appealing to me. It lines up well with the story too, from what I can see.-Ced

What it takes to be a Hero fits more as the theme song for Dekar, as he is journeying back home, and finds the Ignika, and then is attacked by the Barakki, and they take the mask, and he flees, and then becomes Hydraxon.

Edited by Parazan

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

I've heard "Going Under" by Evanescence used for 2007. Makes sense in my opinion due to the fact that going under was indeed what the Toa did that year.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Now reconsidering what Tilius said, I agree, something with lyrics wouldn't fit. Some choices would probably include, Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Vangelis, Hans Zimmer, and maybe even Beethoven. Yes, I do think Vangelis's songs might actually fit some of BIONICLE's themes, honestly.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this is the song that should represent all of bionicle .But Dragonforce's song Fury of the storm really suits all of bionicle 2008. Here are the lyricsWe are riding for the battle field in force tonight (The toa nuva entering karda nui)Fury of the darkest evil cry for war (the makuta in karda nui)Far beyond the boundaries of ###### and starlight (the av-matoran getting turned into shadow matoran)On the road to lands unknown forever more (takanuva's Journies through alternate dimensions)Through the caverns far below our quest will lead us (karda nui being sorta cave like)Onwards through the ice and snow forever more (the av matoran fighting back against the makuta)Standing fighting full of hate the time has come now (the battle between the toa and the makuta that couldn't be described)Stand and sound the guns of glory cry for war (the av matoran combining with the toa nuva for power)On wings of glory we will carry on (everyone in karda nui had a form of flight)Far across the forgotten lands toward the distant sun (the journey of takanuva)And in the darkness shining far beyond the starlight (takanuva arriving in karda nui)Lightning is striking from the dark dawning shadows (the storms killing the makuta)And in the kingdom of the everlasting sun (takanuva the kingdom story)When the glory of the master's time has come (takanuva dark mirror story)Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens (discovering the vehicles)With the power of the universe we stand strong together (the toa nuva standing together against the makuta)Through the force of power, it will soon reach the hour (toa ignika sacrificing himself to awaken mata nuiFor victory we ride, Fury of the Storm! (the toa nuva escaping karda nui as the storms erupt)We are the chosen ones we cannot fail now (the toa nuva being the ones whose destiny was to awaken mata nui)Spilling all the blood on the fires below (mazeka and vultraz fighting)Smashing through the boundaries with the fire and fury (antroz smashing into the lightstone)Killing all the mortals down the winding road (vultraz killing the ce matoran)###### fires are raging the storm growing strong (the karda nui storms building power)On the path to victory towards the distant sun (racing to get out of karda nui)And in the darkness shining far beyond the starlightLightning is striking from the dark dawning shadowsAnd in the kingdom of the everlasting sunWhen the glory of the master's time has comeInto the fires of forever we will fly through the heavensWith the power of the universe we stand strong togetherThrough the forced of power, it will soon reach the hourFor victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!(solo)Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavensWith the power of the universe we stand strong togetherThrough the forced of power, it will soon reach the hourFor victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.